Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,137 members, 7,818,426 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:16 PM

The Foolishness Of Atheist - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Foolishness Of Atheist (4714 Views)

Daddy Freeze On First Fruit: Giving Your January Salary To Pastor Is Foolishness / Christians And The Foolishness Of Freewill / Dirty Car Art And The Foolishness Of Atheism (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Foolishness Of Atheist by davien(m): 1:49am On Jun 02, 2016
felixomor:

Simple question:
Does the earth have a design? Yes or No

Wow, even a nursery kid got this as a no brainer?
But all of a sudden adults cant answer. Wow
The Earth has no design or blueprint from anybody.

1 Like

Re: The Foolishness Of Atheist by felixomor: 1:55am On Jun 02, 2016
davien:
The Earth has no design or blueprint from anybody.

A perfect sphere revolving around a sun in perfect orbits of 365 days and seasons alternating with a perfect rotation on its axis in 24 hours without falling away from its orbit yet supporting everyone on its surface HAS NO DESIGN.

Wow, this is the "most intelligent thing" I have heard this year.

CASE CLOSED.

1 Like

Re: The Foolishness Of Atheist by davien(m): 2:05am On Jun 02, 2016
felixomor:

A perfect sphere revolving around a sun in perfect orbits of 365 days and seasons alternating with a perfect rotation on its axis in 24 hours without falling away from its orbit yet supporting everyone on its surface HAS NO DESIGN.

Wow, this is the "most intelligent thing" I have heard this year.

CASE CLOSED.
I am virtually laughing my shorts off right now.. grin

One,the earth is oblate spheroidal with irregularities beyond 4 degrees..

Two,the earth's rotation,tilt and revolution in regards to the sun make it 365 days and 24 hours in a day currently. A figure which wasn't constant 2 billion years ago..

I understand that shapes and numbers make you clap your hands when you see them but this stuff is basic knowledge...

3 Likes

Re: The Foolishness Of Atheist by felixomor: 2:13am On Jun 02, 2016
davien:
I am virtually laughing my shorts off right now.. grin

One,the earth is oblate spheroidal with irregularities beyond 4 degrees..

Two,the earth's rotation and revolution in regards to the sun make it 365 days and 24 hours in a day currently. A figure which wasn't constant 2 billion years ago..

I understand that shapes and numbers make you clap your hands when you see them but this stuff is basic knowledge...

CASE CLOSED. Even scientists more intelligent than you with numerous inventions to their credit have seen and admitted" that the Earth has a Design. "
So when you laugh, I dont really get who is being laughed at. Really.

1 Like

Re: The Foolishness Of Atheist by davien(m): 2:13am On Jun 02, 2016
So much for "case closed"
Re: The Foolishness Of Atheist by davien(m): 2:15am On Jun 02, 2016
felixomor:

CASE CLOSED. Even scientists more intelligent than you with numerous inventions to their credit have seen and admitted" that the Earth has a Design. "
So when you laugh, I dont really
Appealing to authority won't save you... You have nothing but a bag of analogies and a common misunderstanding of the earth..

And i'll give you a very good frame of thought to sleep on, even if the earth were a square it wouldn't prove anything conscious made it a square as it's just one out of many possible configurations in nature.. smiley
Re: The Foolishness Of Atheist by felixomor: 2:17am On Jun 02, 2016
davien:
Appealing to authority won't save you... You have nothing but a bag of analogies and a common misunderstanding of the earth..

Hehehe......"The earth has no design"
Re: The Foolishness Of Atheist by davien(m): 2:19am On Jun 02, 2016
felixomor:

Hehehe......"The earth has no design"
Nope... unless you were the technician who made the blueprints grin
Re: The Foolishness Of Atheist by felixomor: 2:22am On Jun 02, 2016
davien:
Nope... unless you were the technician who made the blueprints grin

I thot am the only one appealing to authority. Why are you using the word "technician"?
Or is a technician not a scientist?
Hehehe......"the earth has no design" shocked
Re: The Foolishness Of Atheist by Efewestern: 4:34am On Jun 02, 2016
davien:
If it exists and you're so sure why not present it... you'd be the first to, no need to talk, you can tell it to prove itself... unless of course it's nonexistent..

God is spirit and You can't see him with ur eyes .. But his works on the earth alone can testify.

Look at how beautiful the world is, Did you think its by chance (Common bro , we ain't kid)

Look at how perfect and how everything Works , (Oh Gosh, GOD is Indeed wonderful)

Many more things...

God is indeed Great ...

According to your big bang theory Everything happens by chance , and mutation occur bla bla bla, now why haven't there been any mutations since the past Thousands of yrs, ?, and y is it that Among all the billions of Bodies, its only Earth that support life ? (Jonydon will say scientists haven't prob other planets so we shouldn't jump into conclusions, But ask your self this Question, which other Milky way gallaxy is as perfect as ours?)

Hey... God exist.. I know you guys might be mad at religion, but don't deny the existence of GOD
Re: The Foolishness Of Atheist by Efewestern: 4:39am On Jun 02, 2016
beejaay:

did u see how confused you sound??that is what an uncritical mind does to the brain smh wink wink tongue

Hehe... I can't defend God Using religion, God is God, Religions are way we humans communicate with Him, If i did Start with religion you just gonna counter me with "What makes you think your God is the best".

So first of all Am not going in the directions of religion, Lets discuss the existence of God b4 we move tO another topic, stop deviating.. grin grin
Re: The Foolishness Of Atheist by frank317: 6:30am On Jun 02, 2016
felixomor:

At least there is the word "creation".

Records are faulty doesnt rule out evidence. Especially if there are multiple accounts. It points to a common factor - Creator.

Be wise
Which record is faulty? Urs or others?
Re: The Foolishness Of Atheist by frank317: 6:41am On Jun 02, 2016
felixomor:

So you can see how you have outrageously exposed your folly.

So you say Bill gates came out? How did you get to know that he came out, is it not because you read it in a newspaper. Or better still watched it on TV?
Is it not clearly recorded in the bible who the maker of the universe is?
Oh rather because there were no cameras to capture it then, so you wont believe it?
So also, your grandchildren will also deny that Bill Gates invented softwares when you tell them in the future maybe because they wont believe your evidence.

I hope you can see your folly.
Moreover, that chair you are sitting on while writing this, I guess the carpenter had to come out before you knew that it was made by a carpenter.
If so, then you are not intelligent to be honest.

My folly? Do u even think?

If the Bible was one book used by every person in the world do u think there will be confusion about the creator?

How many accounts of bill gate creating Microsoft do we have? How many channels shows different people as the initiator of Microsoft?
You have the guts to think I am foolish. You don't even have the right to use that language because it seem like ur inheritance.

So what makes u think Yahweh is the creator and not Allah? And don't say they are the same being because Allah requires his followers to just pray to him five times a day hitting their heads on the floor while Yahweh has a son whom he wants his followers to look up to.

Now u talk about chair and carpenter... saying a carpenter made a chair is like saying a creator created the world. Creator here can mean anything... big bang, aliens or energy.
But can I confidently say Linda made the chair without any prove? And when a lot of people a saying different people made the chair?

Learn to use ur brain for once.
Re: The Foolishness Of Atheist by Anas09: 8:25am On Jun 02, 2016
davien:
So Satan that allegedly goes in and out of heaven to have a chat with god is an atheist? Are you okay? undecided

You see? Mahn you are slow. What is Satan's religion? Self worship. What is atheism? Self worship. E clear you now? Claiming to be smart but turns out very stupid..

Romans 1:22 Claiming to be wise, they became fools [professing to be smart, they made simpletons of themselves].
This describes you perfectly.
Re: The Foolishness Of Atheist by Anas09: 8:29am On Jun 02, 2016
davien:
Atheism has no leaders nor dogma,so nice try... smiley

They will, sooner than you think. In London they are meeting in groups called the atheists church. But why put church? As we speak, a world Covention all atheists is in the offing.
Re: The Foolishness Of Atheist by felixomor: 9:05am On Jun 02, 2016
frank317:

If the Bible was one book used by every person in the world do u think there will be confusion about the creator?

How many accounts of bill gate creating Microsoft do we have? How many channels shows different people as the initiator of Microsoft?
You have the guts to think I am foolish. You don't even have the right to use that language because it seem like ur inheritance.

So what makes u think Yahweh is the creator and not Allah? And don't say they are the same being because Allah requires his followers to just pray to him five times a day hitting their heads on the floor while Yahweh has a son whom he wants his followers to look up to.

Now u talk about chair and carpenter... saying a carpenter made a chair is like saying a creator created the world. Creator here can mean anything... big bang, aliens or energy.
But can I confidently say Linda made the chair without any prove? And when a lot of people a saying different people made the chair?

You are the one clearly not using a BRAIN:
So if 2 men come out today and say that they are your real fathers and that the father you grew up with over the years is not your father.
Does that mean that you DONt have a father?

You can see you are not intelligent at all?
That somebody is lying that he is your real father when he is not. Does that mean you were not fathered?
You can see you are not wise.

Its also like saying that because somebody has a wrong picture of you, does that mean, you dont exist?
There are 2 different things. Please.
Re: The Foolishness Of Atheist by felixomor: 9:16am On Jun 02, 2016
frank317:

"Aliens, big bang, energy"
Wow, clearly u r not even good in the sciences

Even science clearly says that energy can neither be created nor destroyed but can only be transformed from one form to another.
Hence the reason why big bang and the likes are all still theorems because even science cant prove how something came from nothing. Hehehe
Re: The Foolishness Of Atheist by davien(m): 10:51am On Jun 02, 2016
Efewestern:

God is spirit and You can't see him with ur eyes .. But his works on the earth alone can testify.

Look at how beautiful the world is, Did you think its by chance (Common bro , we ain't kid)

Look at how perfect and how everything Works , (Oh Gosh, GOD is Indeed wonderful)

Many more things...

God is indeed Great ...

According to your big bang theory Everything happens by chance , and mutation occur bla bla bla, now why haven't there been any mutations since the past Thousands of yrs, ?, and y is it that Among all the billions of Bodies, its only Earth that support life ? (Jonydon will say scientists haven't prob other planets so we shouldn't jump into conclusions, But ask your self this Question, which other Milky way gallaxy is as perfect as ours?)

Hey... God exist.. I know you guys might be mad at religion, but don't deny the existence of GOD
I'm surprised how people like you can freely show your ignorance without even realising it..

Here's a hint to your blatant stup!d!ty..

[b] If according to you the big bang proposes events happen by chance in the theory then how did cosmologists find the cosmic microwave background predicted by the theory? what about the effects of light red-shifting? What about the Cosmic horizon that is observed the same way you see an horizon on the earth? How about the fact that this scientific theory is awarding pioneers in the field into respective journals the same way any established theory would? It's funny an event that didn't happen according to you is producing verifiable results smiley

And If you think cellular mutations have by any way stopped you'd be fooling yourself.. I'm sure you're one of the egg heads that think one thing changing into another thing equals evolution..

Cellular mutations happen daily... on average millions of times, the body has mechanisms that proof-reads your dna for errors and corrects them,save for a few thousand mutations... many of which are neutral..

Beneficial mutations occur in all species... it's why you as African possess black skin pigments to reduce the impact of the sun... the same way a mushroom possesses black pigments to reduce the impact of the same sun... again the same way flowers have distinct colour shades that make them select which bandwidth of the light from the sun they'd absorb, the same way an agama lizard is tainted black to regulate it's temperature being a reptilian that lacks ability to do so on its own... all of these are relayed by genes that express them..

And I hope you are aware that the reason you aren't falling sick to viral diseases everyday is thanks to your body mutating and finding new ways to keep itself varied from viruses that possess a blueprint for your cells?

These viruses now have to make multiple copies of themselves with slightly different variations just to try their luck with your cells, which works purely on chance, unless you mean god gave them the ability to kill you so effectively..

[/b]

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Foolishness Of Atheist by frank317: 10:51am On Jun 02, 2016
felixomor:

You are the one clearly not using a BRAIN:
So if 2 men come out today and say that they are your real fathers and that the father you grew up with over the years is not your father.
Does that mean that you DONt have a father?

So how many Gods came to you and told you they are your creator? How are u sure this world was not created by aliens or by a black smoke? How are words written on the pages of a book the proof of a creator?

You can see you are not intelligent at all?
That somebody is lying that he is your real father when he is not. Does that mean you were not fathered?
You can see you are not wise.

Oh pls stop talking nonsense ... and stop jumping the gun. Which God even lied to you that he is ur creator... or u just assumed it all up and it became your reality.

Its also like saying that because somebody has a wrong picture of you, does that mean, you dont exist?
There are 2 different things. Please.
Are u even alright? What has this analogy got to do with a creator? Even if we accept we were created, how do u know who or what created us.

2 Likes

Re: The Foolishness Of Atheist by frank317: 10:53am On Jun 02, 2016
felixomor:

"Aliens, big bang, energy"
Wow, clearly u r not even good in the sciences

Even science clearly says that energy can neither be created nor destroyed but can only be transformed from one form to another.
Hence the reason why big bang and the likes are all still theorems because even science cant prove how something came from nothing. Hehehe

What's this?

1 Like

Re: The Foolishness Of Atheist by felixomor: 1:35pm On Jun 02, 2016
frank317:

So how many Gods came to you and told you they are your creator? How are u sure this world was not created by aliens or by a black smoke? How are words written on the pages of a book the proof of a creator?

Oh pls stop talking nonsense ... and stop jumping the gun. Which God even lied to you that he is ur creator... or u just assumed it all up and it became your reality.

Are u even alright? What has this analogy got to do with a creator? Even if we accept we were created, how do u know who or what created us.

So you can see you are not even an ATHEIST, you are an AGNOTIST. Because you dont know. If you read my first post, you will read where I said its better to say that you dont know, and thats what you just did.

Moreover you keep saying "God".
For your information "God" is only perculiar to english language. If you dont know, hence your confusion.
Allah is the arabic language equivalent and Yahweh in hebrew.
Its also in other languages too. So to keep saying "God" as if its a name of somebody is an error on your path.
Re: The Foolishness Of Atheist by PastorAIO: 2:31pm On Jun 02, 2016
Vick4rill:
they sound like they are intelligent when they are nting bt confused set of people... if truly God does nt exist why are they so eager to prove it? why dnt they jst leave us to wallow in our senselesness until we realise that we are chasing after the wind... it seems that they are doubting their so called logic, that is why they keep judgeing others to feel better. seriously with the use of logic and so called scientics achievement. the world is still worster than it was before. sickness, poverty,crime, hard ship still exist. so what makes atheist better than the christains they are critcizing? ur been atheist did nt reduce anytin frm God. he has billions of people who are better than u in all ramification worshiping him. so if u choose to be atheist do it quietly and allow others do theirs.

Please, what is it about their posts that made you think that they sound intelligent?

There are two aspects to religion. Personal and civic. I suspect that if christians and muslims were just doing personal religious convictions in their bedroom no one would bother them. However when it becomes a civic matter then it affects everybody. Christianity has already fought so many wars all over Europe to the point of almost totally destroying some parts of europe. In Nigeria today people will disturb your sleep and block the Express way all in the name of their piety and you don't want the other members that have to share the same society with you to complain. Religions tamper with politics, influence politicians and law-making. How is it not therefore a matter of public concern?

Straight is the way, narrow is the path etc …. Please don't forget.

1 Like

Re: The Foolishness Of Atheist by frank317: 3:16pm On Jun 02, 2016
felixomor:

So you can see you are not even an ATHEIST, you are an AGNOTIST. Because you dont know. If you read my first post, you will read where I said its better to say that you dont know, and thats what you just did.
Call me whatever you want, all I know is that we are yet to know how this world came to be, calling on God aka Yahweh, is telling urself a lie and believing it's the truth. No one is yet capable of knowing how the world or humans came to be. Religious stories are all man made concepts and are lies.

Moreover you keep saying "God".
For your information "God" is only perculiar to english language. If you dont know, hence your confusion.
Allah is the arabic language equivalent and Yahweh in hebrew.
Its also in other languages too. So to keep saying "God" as if its a name of somebody is an error on your path.

So God comes to Christians and tell them his name is Yahweh and he sent his son to die for them and he loves them dearly and he loves their tithe and at the name of Jesus every knee must bow and they re covered in the blood of Jesus blah blah blah

Then he goes to Muslims and tells them that his name is Allah and that his true messenger is Mohammed and that Jesus is not his son but a messenger like Mohammed and that they should pray to him five times a day, no blood if Jesus is required and they can marry four wives blah blah blah...

Is God confused?
So u still think Allah and Yahweh are the same... does he have identity crisis?

3 Likes

Re: The Foolishness Of Atheist by felixomor: 7:46pm On Jun 02, 2016
frank317:

Call me whatever you want, all I know is that we are yet to know how this world came to be, calling on God aka Yahweh, is telling urself a lie and believing it's the truth. No one is yet capable of knowing how the world or humans came to be. Religious stories are all man made concepts and are lies.

So God comes to Christians and tell them his name is Yahweh and he sent his son to die for them and he loves them dearly and he loves their tithe and at the name of Jesus every knee must bow and they re covered in the blood of Jesus blah blah blah

Then he goes to Muslims and tells them that his name is Allah and that his true messenger is Mohammed and that Jesus is not his son but a messenger like Mohammed and that they should pray to him five times a day, no blood if Jesus is required and they can marry four wives blah blah blah...

Is God confused?
So u still think Allah and Yahweh are the same... does he have identity crisis?

You see your problem?
Neither the bible nor quran was written in English
You ask a question in english yet quote God's name in arabic and hebrew and u think u r making a point.
You dont even know when God showed himself in different cultures he made himself known in diverse ways.
Till today, even Christians in the middle east call God "Allah" because thats the language they understand - Arabic. They dont understand english.
These books were translated.

But you keep trying to pick holes in the accounts of people and use that as basis of your conclusion that God doesnt exist.
It makes no sense.
Existence and description are 2 different things.
Now you are trying to shift argument from existence to description.
Re: The Foolishness Of Atheist by Nobody: 8:44pm On Jun 02, 2016
I Need A Counter Thread "The Foolishness Of Religion" And "What Atheist Want"
Re: The Foolishness Of Atheist by frank317: 9:54pm On Jun 02, 2016
felixomor:

You see your problem?
You ask a question in english yet quote God's name in arabic and hebrew and u think u r making a point.
You dont even know when God showed himself in different cultures he made himself known in diverse ways.
Till today, even Christians in the middle east call God "Allah" because thats the language they understand - Arabic. They dont understand english.

But you keep trying to pick holes in the accounts of people and use that as basis of your conclusion that God doesnt exist.
It makes no sense.

Shut up there. U are a blatant lair. Why do u only pick on the names....did u see my description bonbtheir mode of worship and their instructions? Does it sound like instructions from the same God. It are u accepting he has identity crisis?
Re: The Foolishness Of Atheist by frank317: 9:54pm On Jun 02, 2016
felixomor:

You see your problem?

It makes no sense.

Shut up there. U are a blatant lair. Why do u only pick on the names....did u see my description of their mode of worship and their instructions? Does it sound like instructions from the same God. It are u accepting he has identity crisis?
Re: The Foolishness Of Atheist by felixomor: 11:52pm On Jun 02, 2016
frank317:

Shut up there. U are a blatant lair. Why do u only pick on the names....did u see my description of their mode of worship and their instructions? Does it sound like instructions from the same God. It are u accepting he has identity crisis?

Hehehe, I can see u have lost it. Clearly to you, there is no difference between "description" and "existence". Hence your trying to now even digress into mode of worship.
The dictionary can help you out. Trying to poke holes in different modes of worship is another argument entirely. But because you have no direction, thats where you have now landed.
Meanwhile your first stance was wether He exists or not.
So you can see that you are just a lonely soul searching for answers hence waandering from the question of existence to the question of which is the right way.
Confusion, exactly.

God Help you.
Re: The Foolishness Of Atheist by frank317: 6:48am On Jun 03, 2016
felixomor:

Hehehe, I can see u have lost it. Clearly to you, there is no difference between "description" and "existence". Hence your trying to now even digress into mode of worship.
The dictionary can help you out. Trying to poke holes in different modes of worship is another argument entirely. But because you have no direction, thats where you have now landed.
Meanwhile your first stance was wether He exists or not.
So you can see that you are just a lonely soul searching for answers hence waandering from the question of existence to the question of which is the right way.
Confusion, exactly.

God Help you.

Oga, stop sounding confused, I am only trying to show you that there cannot be a God and humans will have different versions of him.
You can't even prove a God exists, I really don't know what u are all about. If God exist, why do u think u are the one to tell me that? Do people convince anyone that sun exists? Do people confuse themselves that sun has different colours ?

Anyway here are the main points....

- we don't know how we came about. The knowledge of how human life started is beyond us. We could have been created by aliens, or energy or A God or black smoke or anything, no one knows.

- saying that we were created by God is a human concept. It is a man made idea out of assumption that we must be created by an intelligent being. It is not a fact, just an assumption.

- going ahead to say that this God has different names and could be worshiped in different ways and gave different instructions to different people is pure laugheable. It depicts the God as confused and man made.

- if God exists it will be a general knowledge and all humans will worship him one way (that is if he desires worship). No one religion will claim monopoly of this creator because he didn't create them only. Every one will know him just as everyone knows the sun exists.

- if God exists, we wouldn't need u to tell us. Your trying to convince me is because you are trying to sell me an idea in your head and I will not accept until u have a tangible prove.

Thank u.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

One With God Is Majority / I Had A Rapture Dream / What Do I Gain From The Christian Heaven?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 104
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.