Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,082 members, 7,821,725 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 05:18 PM

Ogoni Clean-Up: VP Osinbajo's Visit (Live Updates) - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ogoni Clean-Up: VP Osinbajo's Visit (Live Updates) (41098 Views)

Wike Blasts Amaechi For Trying To Derail Osinbajo's Visit / Pictures Of Ogoni Clean-up / “we Are Suffering,” Kano Residents Chant During VP Osinbajo’s Visit (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ogoni Clean-Up: VP Osinbajo's Visit (Live Updates) by DanielPop(m): 11:16am On Jun 02, 2016
Kennedy Friday! I see you o! grin grin
rotybarry:
live pictures
Re: Ogoni Clean-Up: VP Osinbajo's Visit (Live Updates) by KwoiZabo(m): 11:16am On Jun 02, 2016
goodlifehyd:

You should be ashamed of yourself.... your so called God sent hero was in power for years and he ignored the cries of his people, now an ordinary northerner is here is cleanse your land and all you have to spit outta ur mouth is this poo... so sorry for your future if this all hatred can bring you to
It's not about talking or launching, Na to do be the issue. Meanwhile I am still observing the quality of the Job JB just started at Apapa-Oshodi road. It's far less than what GEJ did. APC is a fraud.

2 Likes

Re: Ogoni Clean-Up: VP Osinbajo's Visit (Live Updates) by tbaba1234: 11:18am On Jun 02, 2016
Osinbajo and Wike Arrive....
Re: Ogoni Clean-Up: VP Osinbajo's Visit (Live Updates) by tbaba1234: 11:19am On Jun 02, 2016
The National Anthem

Osinbajo and Wike are here..
Re: Ogoni Clean-Up: VP Osinbajo's Visit (Live Updates) by Rexnegro(m): 11:20am On Jun 02, 2016
Joel3:
....signs the northerners don't care about Niger Deltas. they are only interested in the oil. the dullard didn't show up as usual.

that is how the northerners killed saro wiwa.

Kenule "Ken" Beeson Saro Wiwa (10 October 1941 – 10 November 1995) was a Nigerian writer, television
producer, environmental activist, and winner of the Right Livelihood Award and the Goldman Environmental Prize.

Saro-Wiwa was a member of the Ogoni people, an ethnic minority in Nigeria whose homeland, Ogoniland , in the Niger Delta has been targeted for crude oil extraction since the 1950s and which has suffered extreme environmental damage from decades of indiscriminate petroleum waste dumping. Initially as spokesperson, and then as president, of the Movement for the Survival of the Ogoni People (MOSOP), Saro-Wiwa led a nonviolent campaign against environmental degradation of the land and waters of Ogoniland by the operations of the multinational petroleum industry, especially the Royal Dutch Shell company. He was also an outspoken critic of the Nigerian government , which he viewed as reluctant to enforce environmental regulations on the foreign petroleum companies operating in the area.

At the peak of his non-violent campaign, he was tried by a special military tribunal for allegedly masterminding the gruesome murder of Ogoni chiefs at a pro-government meeting, and hanged in 1995 by the military dictatorship of General Sani Abacha. His execution provoked international outrage and resulted in Nigeria's suspension from the Commonwealth of Nations for over three years.

read full biography and Activism

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ken_Saro-Wiwa
Why Not just appreciate good tin And forget About The past, at least no Be pmb kill Ken...gej spent almost ten Years at presidency Couldn't clean ogoni...his own wife state for that mata. guy stop The hate game e no fit You.

4 Likes

Re: Ogoni Clean-Up: VP Osinbajo's Visit (Live Updates) by Nobody: 11:21am On Jun 02, 2016
Nt sure wike n amaechi shook each other hands as osibanjo arrives ogoni nw.. I noticed amaechi lookin back n moving fast to his seat
Re: Ogoni Clean-Up: VP Osinbajo's Visit (Live Updates) by anonimi: 11:22am On Jun 02, 2016
Pangea:
angry
I hate to say this!
This government is always putting the cart before horse!
Is this the best time to start clean up when the militants are busy bursting pipelines?

Why not fix the militants issue first?

Unless this cleanup is just a window dressing or a political move, I see no reason why they should start this at this junction in time.
It does not make sense!

www.nairaland.com/attachments/3780335_mugabe_jpegb6d6da38e8b22a0fc4198629955fb6f1
Re: Ogoni Clean-Up: VP Osinbajo's Visit (Live Updates) by goodlifehyd(m): 11:22am On Jun 02, 2016
You can leave the country if you aint satisfied no one is forcing you... i am pretty sure once JB finish the work, you and your people will still come on here to credit GEJ for the work.
KwoiZabo:
It's not about talking or launching, Na do so be the issue. Meanwhile I am still observing the quality of the Job JB just started at Apapa-Oshodi road. It's far less than what GEJ did. APC is a fraud.

1 Like

Re: Ogoni Clean-Up: VP Osinbajo's Visit (Live Updates) by cyprus000: 11:23am On Jun 02, 2016
Lionskiba1:
SuperS1panther how market
[size=13pt] Lol grin

Reality of the disappointment must be very hard for him to swallow.
[/size]

2 Likes

Re: Ogoni Clean-Up: VP Osinbajo's Visit (Live Updates) by tbaba1234: 11:24am On Jun 02, 2016
Minister of Environment, Amina Muhammad
Re: Ogoni Clean-Up: VP Osinbajo's Visit (Live Updates) by Texcoco(m): 11:24am On Jun 02, 2016
AmAlbert:

You breathe hate and divisive words, you're simply adding pepper to injury in effect derailing from this actual post.
Ecclesiastic 3:7,10&11
For everything under the sun, there's an appointment time, please learn when to make some certain statement

No hard feelings bruh, please no offence just my view
Wake up and smell the coffee.....The whole system is a charade bent on exploiting the weak and minority.

1 Like

Re: Ogoni Clean-Up: VP Osinbajo's Visit (Live Updates) by KwoiZabo(m): 11:25am On Jun 02, 2016
goodlifehyd:
You can leave the country if you aint satisfied no one is forcing you... i am pretty sure once JB finish the work, you and your people will still come on here to credit GEJ for the work.
with the pace of the work, Buhari in 4 yrs will never get to half the Km GEJ covered. No excuse of fund O cos he has already borrowed. APC is a scam
Re: Ogoni Clean-Up: VP Osinbajo's Visit (Live Updates) by Goke7: 11:26am On Jun 02, 2016
durocity:
Nt sure wike n amaechi shook each other hands as osibanjo arrives ogoni nw.. I noticed amaechi lookin back n moving fast to his seat

na their problem be that, they both need clean up as well if that really happened
Re: Ogoni Clean-Up: VP Osinbajo's Visit (Live Updates) by tbaba1234: 11:26am On Jun 02, 2016
Amina highlights the need for transparency and consultation...

SPDC, UNEP all represented
Re: Ogoni Clean-Up: VP Osinbajo's Visit (Live Updates) by otokx(m): 11:27am On Jun 02, 2016
This minister of environment is really working, she should be among the top 3.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ogoni Clean-Up: VP Osinbajo's Visit (Live Updates) by SuperS1Panther: 11:28am On Jun 02, 2016
cyprus000:

[size=13pt]
Lol grin

Reality of the disappointment must be very hard for him to swallow.
[/size]

cheesy

Swallow for where. He is being represented by the VP. VP is also part of Presidency and by extension Presidency berths in Ogoniland despite the toothless threat of the ND Scavengers.

4 Likes

Re: Ogoni Clean-Up: VP Osinbajo's Visit (Live Updates) by Codes151(m): 11:28am On Jun 02, 2016
Politics everywhere! Posters, fliers, don comot! Notin yet has been done! Tomorow we go hear say EFCC dey find somebody! Can't anything be done under APC without media showoff or adding more failed promises? Smh
Re: Ogoni Clean-Up: VP Osinbajo's Visit (Live Updates) by tbaba1234: 11:28am On Jun 02, 2016
Amina talks about the commitment to clean up the rest of the Niger Delta.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ogoni Clean-Up: VP Osinbajo's Visit (Live Updates) by Codes151(m): 11:28am On Jun 02, 2016
Politics everywhere! Posters, fliers, don comot! Notin yet has been done! Tomorow we go hear say EFCC dey find somebody! Can't anything be done under APC without media showoff or adding more failed promises? Smh
Re: Ogoni Clean-Up: VP Osinbajo's Visit (Live Updates) by berrystunn(m): 11:28am On Jun 02, 2016
Local traveling allowance is in naira.
International traveling allowance is in dollars.

International Cost 1m dollars.
Local cost 5m naira.

Osibanjo for local.
Buhari for international.

Buhari like his allowance in dollars please.
Re: Ogoni Clean-Up: VP Osinbajo's Visit (Live Updates) by kishimi8(m): 11:28am On Jun 02, 2016
cancelling this visit is one of the smartest things baba has done this year,
i believed he cancelled it for the general good of the citizens , For if something had happened, even if he did not get killed as they promised,
the whole north would have been boiling by now, so smart move to avoid anything that will threten the existance of the country ,
i recall a similar event led to the genocide in rwanda.

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ogoni Clean-Up: VP Osinbajo's Visit (Live Updates) by tbaba1234: 11:29am On Jun 02, 2016
The traditional Leader of Ogoni talking

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ogoni Clean-Up: VP Osinbajo's Visit (Live Updates) by otokx(m): 11:29am On Jun 02, 2016
The traditional ruler of Ogoni is speaking from memory.
Re: Ogoni Clean-Up: VP Osinbajo's Visit (Live Updates) by berrystunn(m): 11:30am On Jun 02, 2016
Codes151:

They did the same to PDP
What goes around comes around.

1 Like

Re: Ogoni Clean-Up: VP Osinbajo's Visit (Live Updates) by tbaba1234: 11:31am On Jun 02, 2016
Traditional leader praises Amaechi, expresses anger at Jonathan for failing to keep promises

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ogoni Clean-Up: VP Osinbajo's Visit (Live Updates) by otokx(m): 11:31am On Jun 02, 2016
Even the traditional leader is saying Jonathan made mistake.

2 Likes

Re: Ogoni Clean-Up: VP Osinbajo's Visit (Live Updates) by BABANGBALI: 11:31am On Jun 02, 2016
See as Osinbajo is representing without fearing the avengers wey plan to kill the president. Some people go dey yan nonsense sey Yoruba too dey fear. Na who come go into the lion's den now?no be our pikin?

Osinbajo making yoruba proud since 20 AD

Oya make una begin dey chop me raw,I need the mentions to withdraw money from CBN tongue tongue tongue

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ogoni Clean-Up: VP Osinbajo's Visit (Live Updates) by tbaba1234: 11:32am On Jun 02, 2016
Traditional leader talks about how they campaigned for Jonathan round the country.. really upset....

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ogoni Clean-Up: VP Osinbajo's Visit (Live Updates) by Goke7: 11:33am On Jun 02, 2016
BABANGBALI:
[ as Osinbajo is representing without fearing the avengers wey plan to kill the president. Some people go Dan yan nonsense sey Yoruba too dey fear. Na who come go into the lion's den now?no be our pikin?

Osinbajo making yoruba proud since 20 AD

Oya make una begin dey chop me raw,I need the mentions to withdraw money from CBN tongue tongue tongue

grin o boy why you wan provoke guys here, I no dey o! lol
Re: Ogoni Clean-Up: VP Osinbajo's Visit (Live Updates) by tbaba1234: 11:34am On Jun 02, 2016
Traditional Leader says Jonathan made a mistake for failing to fulfill his promise..
Re: Ogoni Clean-Up: VP Osinbajo's Visit (Live Updates) by otokx(m): 11:34am On Jun 02, 2016
WIKE is faning himself in this cool weather.
Re: Ogoni Clean-Up: VP Osinbajo's Visit (Live Updates) by tbaba1234: 11:36am On Jun 02, 2016
"Time for mourning is gone" - Traditional leader.. sounds very sincere.

Tells Buhari to recruit Ogoni to do the job,

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Stella Okotete: Buhari Appoints Hairdresser As NEXIM Boss, Lawyers Demand Sack / Notorious Terrorist Bello Turji To Military: Why Have You Not Killed Me? / Betta Edu Arrives EFCC Headquarters

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.