Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,178 members, 7,821,985 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 11:42 PM

Ogoni Clean-Up: VP Osinbajo's Visit (Live Updates) - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ogoni Clean-Up: VP Osinbajo's Visit (Live Updates) (41100 Views)

Wike Blasts Amaechi For Trying To Derail Osinbajo's Visit / Pictures Of Ogoni Clean-up / “we Are Suffering,” Kano Residents Chant During VP Osinbajo’s Visit (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ogoni Clean-Up: VP Osinbajo's Visit (Live Updates) by SaintRobs: 12:14pm On Jun 02, 2016
otokx:
The UNEP man is giving credit to Obasanjo as the initiator of the UNEP support many years ago.

He also ends with a quote from Kenule Saro Wiwa - the peace of Allah be upon him.
was the late Ken a Muslim?
Re: Ogoni Clean-Up: VP Osinbajo's Visit (Live Updates) by Pyno30: 12:14pm On Jun 02, 2016
Flexherbal:
In another thread, I heard he has cancelled the trip.
Buhari Cancelling visits since 1906
Re: Ogoni Clean-Up: VP Osinbajo's Visit (Live Updates) by tbaba1234: 12:15pm On Jun 02, 2016
Osinbajo talks about the jobs that the clean up project will create.

3 Likes

Re: Ogoni Clean-Up: VP Osinbajo's Visit (Live Updates) by shockwave(m): 12:16pm On Jun 02, 2016
Dollyak:
What's more important is for the land to be cleaned up. It's a big shame everyone has politicized the whole thing despite the best of intentions from this administration regarding the clean up.

Everyone should take a step back and be objective for once.
God bless you!!!

1 Like

Re: Ogoni Clean-Up: VP Osinbajo's Visit (Live Updates) by tbaba1234: 12:17pm On Jun 02, 2016
Osinbajo talks about how blowing pipelines destroys the environment and does not help anyone.

2 Likes

Re: Ogoni Clean-Up: VP Osinbajo's Visit (Live Updates) by persius555(m): 12:17pm On Jun 02, 2016
Apelex:
Government of deception
If it will take deception to clean up ogoni, i am sure the people would welcome deception.

3 Likes

Re: Ogoni Clean-Up: VP Osinbajo's Visit (Live Updates) by MrCork: 12:18pm On Jun 02, 2016
irunooboo:
smiley good news for ogoni people

...pliss change yor name to Sally, Sue, Sharon, Jasssly or julie.....We londoners cant pronouunse yor village name: Irunbobokakakokobobo ((wot ever that means)) undecided
Re: Ogoni Clean-Up: VP Osinbajo's Visit (Live Updates) by Izzydeprince: 12:18pm On Jun 02, 2016
Burutai that was so powerful to order the killing of Igbo youths on peaceful protest, was so powerless to guaranty safety of his master to visit ogoni land, SHAME!
Re: Ogoni Clean-Up: VP Osinbajo's Visit (Live Updates) by melvin0004(m): 12:18pm On Jun 02, 2016
I never knew our Dear Vice President had Odeshi, every time there is security threat to the Nigerian Chairman, Prof Osimbade, (lol, in Chairman's voice) will be sent to go and represent the Chairman. This uwa di egwu, retired General is also afraid of the Avengers.
Re: Ogoni Clean-Up: VP Osinbajo's Visit (Live Updates) by Babatundecash(m): 12:24pm On Jun 02, 2016
[quote author=brownlord post=46199015][b]So the brave soldier who ended 2nd world war and promised to lead the fight against boko haram from the front chicken out of yet another visit just because of a mere threat by a ragtag militant group?

This our president, e be like na only for talk and kill defenseless citizen him for be general.

Ordinary to even name corrupt politicians fear no even let em name them.

Who the hell are the niger delta avengers? Pls,bro try to learn from history u can't fight the Government and win,pls, let me ask u dis question,where is ur ojukwu today,where is ur Nnamadi kanu today,where is ur tompolo today?(I believe he's on exile) if Pmb can curtain boko haram that has once seize the whole N.E under the clueless Gej,and finally did u know d whole niger delta region is nt up to Niger state alone and u're here ranting on nairaland for biafra/ijaw republic....what OBJ did to Niger delta back then is just a tip of the ice berg to what Pmb is going to do to both the militants and the innocent civilians,let us wait and c how the event unfold....for more clarification u can move to hell to ask ojukwu.
Re: Ogoni Clean-Up: VP Osinbajo's Visit (Live Updates) by tbaba1234: 12:26pm On Jun 02, 2016
Clean-up has been officially launched...

2 Likes

Re: Ogoni Clean-Up: VP Osinbajo's Visit (Live Updates) by dustmalik: 12:29pm On Jun 02, 2016
HomeOfMe:
Exactly my thought! Why flag off the clean up when the angry militants are still busting pipelines;is it not better to dialogue with them first?
Pangea:
angry
I hate to say this!
This government is always putting the cart before horse!
Is this the best time to start clean up when the militants are busy bursting pipelines?

Why not fix the militants issue first?

Unless this cleanup is just a window dressing or a political move, I see no reason why they should start this at this junction in time.
It does not make sense!
Two of you are either ignorant or plain silly. Is the cleanup of Ogoni not one of the demands of the avengers? Not that i'm saying that it's being cleaned up now because of the threats. I'm just pointing out the ignorance and nonsense in your comments.

1 Like

Re: Ogoni Clean-Up: VP Osinbajo's Visit (Live Updates) by tbaba1234: 12:29pm On Jun 02, 2016

1 Like

Re: Ogoni Clean-Up: VP Osinbajo's Visit (Live Updates) by wristbangle: 12:30pm On Jun 02, 2016
Nice one VP. Very diplomatic, humble and courageous man.

1 Like

Re: Ogoni Clean-Up: VP Osinbajo's Visit (Live Updates) by asha01: 12:31pm On Jun 02, 2016
rotybarry:
"Appalled by the denigrating poverty of my people who live on a richly- endowed land, distressed by their political marginalization and economic strangulation, angered by the devastation of their land, their ultimate heritage, anxious to preserve their right to life and to a decent living, and
determined to usher to this country as a whole a fair and just democratic system which protects everyone and every
thnic group and gives us all a valid claim to human civilization".

This was the cry of the unforgettable Gem of the Delta; Ken Saro Nwiwa who Believed in Truth and Freedom Championed by Pen.
Today, a new page is about to be created in history as the cry for Environmental rehabilitation has received appropriate response.
Without fear or favour, I must Congratulate PMB for his dogged determination to clean up the Niger using Ogoni as a gateway. A lot flows in the forest of my thought but I'll try to hold my pen still at this point.

Live updates of the event will be coming in shortly.

But I can guarantee its going to be a swell time in Ogoni today

Launch showing on Channels Tv
http://www.channelstv.com/live/

File: Osinbajo Visits Rivers State, Sep 13, 2015

www.nairaland.com/attachments/3790053_img20160602wa0003_jpeg72367df99c2d30ebd6d1b1ee728a6327

can some1 explain to us the layman what the clean-up entails
step by step how it will happen
and at the end how it will look and the resultant effect at completion
just for the record, please
Re: Ogoni Clean-Up: VP Osinbajo's Visit (Live Updates) by BrainnewsNg(f): 12:31pm On Jun 02, 2016
rotybarry:
Meanwhile the immediate past governor of the State and Minister for Transport (Rotimi Amaechi) and Minister for Information (Lai Muhammed) are already at the venue of the event ready to receive the President.

Good one
Re: Ogoni Clean-Up: VP Osinbajo's Visit (Live Updates) by EFX001: 12:32pm On Jun 02, 2016
Imagine what would happen if Tompolo shows up lmao
Re: Ogoni Clean-Up: VP Osinbajo's Visit (Live Updates) by wristbangle: 12:32pm On Jun 02, 2016
dustmalik:

Two of you are either ignorant or plain silly. Is the cleanup of Ogoni not one of the demands of the avengers? Not that i'm saying that it's being cleaned up now because of the threats. I'm just pointing out the ignorance and nonsense in your comments.

Pls ignore those fools who have nothing tangible to offer.
Re: Ogoni Clean-Up: VP Osinbajo's Visit (Live Updates) by Eneze1(f): 12:33pm On Jun 02, 2016
This is a commendable move by this administration.
Re: Ogoni Clean-Up: VP Osinbajo's Visit (Live Updates) by Gayigaskia(m): 12:34pm On Jun 02, 2016
this event is not well organised, even microphones don't work and everyone is everywhere. shame
Re: Ogoni Clean-Up: VP Osinbajo's Visit (Live Updates) by DanielPop(m): 12:41pm On Jun 02, 2016
Stop hallucinating bro! grin
idupaul:

Mark my word history will repeat itself and meek man would again become Nigerian President

1 Like

Re: Ogoni Clean-Up: VP Osinbajo's Visit (Live Updates) by fortune1968: 12:42pm On Jun 02, 2016
Pangea:
angry
I hate to say this!
This government is always putting the cart before horse!
Is this the best time to start clean up when the militants are busy bursting pipelines?

Why not fix the militants issue first?

Unless this cleanup is just a window dressing or a political move, I see no reason why they should start this at this junction in time.
It does not make sense!
you dont understand diplomacy .

1 Like

Re: Ogoni Clean-Up: VP Osinbajo's Visit (Live Updates) by mrkings84(m): 12:44pm On Jun 02, 2016
So na vp good to die abi??
Re: Ogoni Clean-Up: VP Osinbajo's Visit (Live Updates) by Wizteaser: 12:44pm On Jun 02, 2016
I know of only one NDA, absolutely not Nigeria Defence Academy.
Re: Ogoni Clean-Up: VP Osinbajo's Visit (Live Updates) by rotybarry: 12:54pm On Jun 02, 2016
I don't think the clean up has anything to do with the avengers.
Let's stop sympathizing with people who may be fighting the right course but with a very wrong approach, Ken Saro believed in fighting with the Pen which has always proven to be the most powerful weapon, He believed in truth and freedom championed by Pen, he wasn't fighting for what he'll eat, he was fighting for his people, he believed its best fought as an intellectual fight, that way, you can attract the world and make a good name. He believed "you can kill the messenger but you can't kill the message" he left the world with the message and today, one of it has been heard. I wish we can drop our destructive weapons and go back to pick the worlds most effective but noiseless weapon; the pen! Without bias and without any form of selfishness.
I believe in a Better Niger Delta, I believe in a Better Nigeria!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ogoni Clean-Up: VP Osinbajo's Visit (Live Updates) by rotybarry: 12:54pm On Jun 02, 2016
I don't think the clean up has anything to do with the avengers.
Let's stop sympathizing with people who may be fighting the right course but with a very wrong approach, Ken Saro believed in fighting with the Pen which has always proven to be the most powerful weapon, He believed in truth and freedom championed by Pen, he wasn't fighting for what he'll eat, he was fighting for his people, he believed its best fought as an intellectual fight, that way, you can attract the world and make a good name. He believed "you can kill the messenger but you can't kill the message" he left the world with the message and today, one of it has been heard. I wish we can drop our destructive weapons and go back to pick the worlds most effective but noiseless weapon; the pen! Without bias and without any form of selfishness.
I believe in a Better Niger Delta, I believe in a Better Nigeria!
Re: Ogoni Clean-Up: VP Osinbajo's Visit (Live Updates) by holuwatunmishe(f): 12:55pm On Jun 02, 2016
does it mean our vice president is only meant to attend all local invites or tour while Mr president himself goes for international visits ? my observation though grin
Re: Ogoni Clean-Up: VP Osinbajo's Visit (Live Updates) by HomeOfMe(f): 12:59pm On Jun 02, 2016
dustmalik:

And you're plain stup1d for that insults which was uncalled for! Can't you make your comment without having to insult,who do you think you are -Mr."I know it all!" omo lasan ikeji aja.
Re: Ogoni Clean-Up: VP Osinbajo's Visit (Live Updates) by rotybarry: 1:04pm On Jun 02, 2016
@Pangae! remember the Ogoni issue has been there years before militancy came up, many things to say but I'll rest it here. meanwhile, this could also be a way of discouraging violence as a tool for attracting the government, meaning government can be implying; we'll give you attention if you can fight right and act right. You can remember the Ogoni issue even got to the international communities and it was their leader that took it there, he had that ghut because his people were not destroying their environment by themselves. A lot other means can be employed.
Re: Ogoni Clean-Up: VP Osinbajo's Visit (Live Updates) by demarc001: 1:11pm On Jun 02, 2016
Ayatullah:

No be wa! Think about it and think commonsensically too: How on earth do you expect President Buhari to manage the offensive and suffocating body odour of the murderous Gov. Wike?

That proves how greatly sick Buhari is, since the same body odour can't murder the VP

On your part, get sense

1 Like

Re: Ogoni Clean-Up: VP Osinbajo's Visit (Live Updates) by Codes151(m): 1:14pm On Jun 02, 2016
BABANGBALI:
na who be dis?na which of the PDP member allow you to come out to write this poo. Abeg go sleep jo.

Una rule Naija for 16 years una no fit clean up the thing wey we dey clean up within 1 year. PDP no get shame for body tongue
calm down na forum we dey! No need to ginger... Ogoni clean up will take 30 to 40 years n a lot of cash ( abi ur baba say bar no dey?) now is that a lasting solution? Why not solve the Niger Delta wahala first n dem implement control principles for this companies before clean up! As them start now, shells incompetence or militants strike, not be begining u go start again? N the amount spent wasted!
Re: Ogoni Clean-Up: VP Osinbajo's Visit (Live Updates) by Kesmakveli(m): 1:49pm On Jun 02, 2016
And why would the organisers of this event especially those in charge of publicity decide to disgrace Nigerians by Displaying a Non-Working MICROPHONE too bad for us that we look down on these things and move on, tomorrow this same Embarrassment will happen again. #GodBlesstheFederalRepublicofNigeria

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Fayose On FRESH 105.9FM Ibadan: "Ekiti Will Be In Economic Bondage Till 2036" / NAF Strikes Modu Sulum, ISWAP Chief Who Took Part In Shekau’s Killing / Why Terrorists Couldn’t Have Stolen N82m, $36,000 Cash From Kuje Prison

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.