Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,525 members, 7,823,284 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 08:06 AM

hh - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / hh (21605 Views)

Hh (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: hh by meccuno: 11:35pm On Jun 04, 2016
betterABIAstate:
port Harcourt has stakes from ijaw, eleme and Igbo. But as it stands now, until the ikwerre people agree to be igbos( of which they are anyway) port Harcourt will remain larger an ikwerre owned city rather than Igbo. Though Igbo still has a stake even with the statusquo because the ndoki people of oyigbo are part of greater port Harcourt.

As for asaba, asaba is a pure Igbo city, you can hardly hear any other language there apart from Igbo
ikwerri is a dialect of igbo. Even the white men who came knew that. Whether they agree or not is left to them. There are some people from the igbo speaking part of delta who don't want to be called igbo when the stamp is on their head that shows they are. Mean while, I have friends also from ibuza who claim to be igbos and they are many. I wonder why these people who claim not to be igbos do not stop bearing our names, our culture and our behavioural attributes. If they spoke a different language and had a culture similar to the yorubas, no body would disturb them. Even the onistha man claims not to be igbo. But there are majority of them who are very much comfortable with the tag "igbo"

1 Like

Re: hh by Nobody: 11:36pm On Jun 04, 2016
Smh!! cheesy

So which do I go with? Are you Yoruba or Igbo. You people insult Yoruba's everyday but here you are claiming to be Yoruba just to prove a point.
meccuno:
Ok,let us assume that ikwerris are not igbos. But what beats my imagination is when a yoruba man would come online and determine who is igbo or not. In lagos,an average yourba man cannot even differentiate between an igbo man and a calabar man,and others from the ss. They term all of them igbos. Being a yoruba and speaking the language doesn't make you an encyclopedia on igbo matters. The cities mentioned by the OP are igbo cities. The language spoken in those places are igbo. In PH and asaba, they speak pidgin because of other tribes like the ijaws and itsekiris and urhobos......but others are predominantly igbos. Instead my fellow yorubas should learn, they instead start telling us who is igbos or not which is embarrassing and insulting. Even in lagos, there are tribes who do not like to be called yorubas but doesn't make them leSs a yoruba person. People should learn to respect others. When the delta man starts a coup he is igbo. But when it relates to oil he is SS. Please give us a break and face your problems.
Re: hh by betterABIAstate: 11:39pm On Jun 04, 2016
meccuno:
ikwerri is a dialect of igbo. Even the white men who came knew that. Whether they agree or not is left to them. There are some people from the igbo speaking part of delta who don't want to be called igbo when the stamp is on their head that shows they are. Mean while, I have friends also from ibuza who claim to be igbos and they are many. I wonder why these people who claim not to be igbos do not stop bearing our names, our culture and our behavioural attributes. If they spoke a different language and had a culture similar to the yorubas, no body would disturb them. Even the onistha man claims not to be igbo. But there are majority of them who are very much comfortable with the tag "igbo"
but they have refused to be called Igbo, it may take time for them to realize their mistakes, you cannot call ikwerre people Igbo now (even as they speak Igbo better than most of us) until they agree to that.
As for me, the only Igbo's in port Harcourt now are the ndoki people of oyigbo, I don't see ikwerres as my brothers

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: hh by oboy3(m): 11:40pm On Jun 04, 2016
dreamwords:

Where are you from?
How do you say "come "in ikwere?

they add ''R'' to their words to make it sound Un-igbo,so am guessing their come will be RBIA
Re: hh by meccuno: 11:40pm On Jun 04, 2016
Millerz:
I'm Urhobo,, born and bred in P.H. Besides, why did you lie about being Yoruba. Do you just lie about everything??
where have I ever lied about being yoruba? I was born in lagos......I am from anambra state. Please how can an urhobo man who is actually from delta state,who doesn't speak a word of igbo,and am sure who don't speak ikwerri dialect either tell me who is igbo and who is not? Is like living in lagos and telling us who the yorubas are!! Dude, you do not have a say in this matter. If its about warri, I won't argue with you.......face ur clan

2 Likes

Re: hh by OreMI22: 11:41pm On Jun 04, 2016
[size=16pt]The type of cunning yorubas that start these threads and the type of empty headed Igbos that fall right into the trap to insult themselves. [/size]

3 Likes

Re: hh by Nobody: 11:42pm On Jun 04, 2016
I never said I was Ikwerre.
dreamwords:
Bro answer me, how do you say "come" in ikwere
Re: hh by ariesbull: 11:44pm On Jun 04, 2016
betterABIAstate:
but they have refused to be called Igbo, it may take time for them to realize their mistakes, you cannot call ikwerre people Igbo now (even as they speak Igbo better than most of us) until they agree to that.
As for me, the only Igbo's in port Harcourt now are the ndoki people of oyigbo, I don't see ikwerres as my brothers

A goat might refused to be identified as a goat but an antelope
That doesn't stop that antelope wanna be to be known as a goat by others

That's ikwerre
Re: hh by betterABIAstate: 11:44pm On Jun 04, 2016
Millerz:
do you know how they say "come in ikwerre?
Re: hh by Nobody: 11:44pm On Jun 04, 2016
Nigga! you outrightly lied about being Yoruba and I have quited that for you to see. Face your Anambra also.
meccuno:
where have I ever lied about being yoruba? I was born in lagos......I am from anambra state. Please how can an urhobo man who is actually from delta state,who doesn't speak a word of igbo,and am sure who don't speak ikwerri dialect either tell me who is igbo and who is not? Is like living in lagos and telling us who the yorubas are!! Dude, you do not have a say in this matter. If its about warri, I won't argue with you.......face ur clan
Re: hh by meccuno: 11:45pm On Jun 04, 2016
Millerz:
Smh!! cheesy

So which do I go with? Are you Yoruba or Igbo. You people insult Yoruba's everyday but here you are claiming to be Yoruba just to prove a point.
my fellow yorubas doesn't mean I am not igbo!! Please try comprehend. I grew up with yorubas and I am very much at home with them. I schooled there from primary to tertiary.....so I won't be wrong to say my fellow yorubas. Doesn't change the fact that I am igbo. I am very proud of where I come from. And am proud of all other igbos both those who claim not to be. Its best you talk about things that's within your knowledge. Being bred and brought up in PH doesn't make you a colossus in who and what an ikwerri man is and is not. You only say what you say because most of them claim not to be igbo. Mind you, there are many other in rivers who claim to be and I salute them........and if you are truly a pH boy, you should know them

1 Like

Re: hh by Nobody: 11:45pm On Jun 04, 2016
Do you know how to say come in "Georgian"??
betterABIAstate:
do you know how they say "come in ikwerre?
Re: hh by betterABIAstate: 11:46pm On Jun 04, 2016
ariesbull:

A goat might refused to be identified as a goat but an antelope
That doesn't stop that antelope wanna be to be known as a goat by others

That's ikwerre
we should also respect there stance, a typical ikwerre man doesn't have this hustling spirit of an Igbo, they just speak Igbo, that's all
Re: hh by meccuno: 11:49pm On Jun 04, 2016
betterABIAstate:
we should also respect there stance, a typical ikwerre man doesn't have this hustling spirit of an Igbo, they just speak Igbo, that's all
the truth is that the anambra man and the abia state man are the igbos who are more aggressive and hustle more than the others. The enugu man and the imo state man hustle too. But are more laid back. More into office and white collar jobs......not all igbos hustle

2 Likes

Re: hh by betterABIAstate: 11:49pm On Jun 04, 2016
Millerz:
Do you know how to say come in "Georgian"??
so why are you arguing?
Or are you just bored or something, I'm not arguing about Georgian cos I know nothing about them same way you know nothing about ikwerre

1 Like 1 Share

Re: hh by Nobody: 11:50pm On Jun 04, 2016
Are you confusing Oyigbo for PH? Oyigbo is not in PH but Rivers state.
betterABIAstate:
Re: hh by dreamwords: 11:51pm On Jun 04, 2016
Millerz:
U are not ikwere, you are not igbo, you know nothing about the two, you are here jumping from one comment to the other, for your own selfish interest, bros, are you sure you are ok?
Just a simple "come" in ikwere , you dont even know but u keep telling us who is igbo and who isnt
Well go and ask for the meaning of "come" in ikwere

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: hh by meccuno: 11:52pm On Jun 04, 2016
Millerz:
u don't speak the language, and you don't even understand igbo. Where do we place you exactly? Assum$ing you did, I might have taken you seriously.......how do you even differentiate the two when you don't know jack about the language?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: hh by meccuno: 11:53pm On Jun 04, 2016
dreamwords:

U are not ikwere, you are not igbo, you know nothing about the two, you are here jumping from one comment to the other, for your own selfish interest, bros, are you sure you are ok?
Just a simple "come" in ikwere , you dont even know but u keep telling us who is igbo and who isnt
I tire for some people........

1 Like

Re: hh by betterABIAstate: 11:54pm On Jun 04, 2016
Millerz:
Are you confusing Oyigbo for PH? Oyigbo is not in PH but Rivers state.
oyigbo is part of greater pH city. Going by your claim, obiokpor shouldn't be part of pH too.
You don't even know pH to well, greater pH is out of just port Harcourt local government.

The likes of rumuokoro, rumuodumaya and choba (where nta pH is) are in obiokpo LGA.

Eleme junction is in obigbo LGA

You don't even know pH well

5 Likes

Re: hh by meccuno: 11:55pm On Jun 04, 2016
betterABIAstate:
well, they are entitled to that....but they are igbos.......

1 Like

Re: hh by Nobody: 11:55pm On Jun 04, 2016
Nigga! are you ikwerre?? if not you need reevaluation. Forcing people to be identified with you and claiming their lands is abnormal and very common with Igbo's.

Sweet dreams!!
dreamwords:

Re: hh by ayzTIGER: 11:57pm On Jun 04, 2016
Who is a yoruba? A yoruba is that man that knows the truth, sees the truth everyday but still doesnt want to believe it cuz it makes him uncomfortable.. My Igbo people its time you stop proving anything to them and leave them in thier uncomfortable mood

4 Likes

Re: hh by meccuno: 11:57pm On Jun 04, 2016
betterABIAstate:
oyigbo is part of greater pH city. Going by your claim, obiokpor shouldn't be part of pH too.
You don't even know pH to well, greater pH is out of just port Harcourt local government.

The likes of rumuokoro, rumuodumaya and choba (where nta pH is) are in obiokpo LGA.

grin. There goes our minister for culture and tourism.......and to think that he was even an authority on these matters......funny man!!
Re: hh by betterABIAstate: 11:58pm On Jun 04, 2016
meccuno:
grin. There goes our minister for culture and tourism.......and to think that he was even an authority on these matters......funny man!!
no mind me, I have spent time in pH and those ikwerre guys will always refused to be called Igbos, na only oyibo dey gree Igbo.
Re: hh by Nobody: 11:59pm On Jun 04, 2016
Lmao!! cheesy you really dont know boundaries.
Greater PH is different from PH. Oyigbo is not in PH but it is in Greater PH. I hope you get it now.

Sweet dreams.
betterABIAstate:

Re: hh by meccuno: 11:59pm On Jun 04, 2016
Millerz:
Nigga! are you ikwerre?? if not you need reevaluation. Forcing people to be identified with you and claiming their lands is abnormal and very common with Igbo's.

Sweet dreams!!
oga go and sleep.......you no get word for mouth.....you have little or no idea of where you live and the people who you live with.....you are just roaming in PH.....that's if you do not reside in warri.....

2 Likes

Re: hh by dreamwords: 11:59pm On Jun 04, 2016
Millerz:

Sweet dreams!!
nobody is forcing anybody bro
Be happy, igbos know themselves

3 Likes

Re: hh by meccuno: 12:02am On Jun 05, 2016
betterABIAstate:
no mind me, I have spent time in pH and those ikwerre guys will always refused to be called Igbos, na only oyibo dey gree Igbo.
lolz....I was referring to the millet guy oh! How can u not speak a word of ikwerri or igbo and come here to tell us who igbos are and are not? Does it make sense? So I being an anambra man who is igbo has lost his land to other igbos because they have grabbed my land.......does it make sense?
Re: hh by meccuno: 12:06am On Jun 05, 2016
dreamwords:
nobody is forcing anybody bro Be happy, igbos know themselves
Re: hh by betterABIAstate: 12:09am On Jun 05, 2016
Millerz:
Lmao!! cheesy you really dont know boundaries.
Greater PH is different from PH. Oyigbo is not in PH but it is in Greater PH. I hope you get it now.

Sweet dreams.
we are saying the same thing, don't you read before you reply?

PH is just, GRA, air force base, 1st and 2nd artillery, garrison, mile 1, rumuola(means children of ola, we have umuola in aba), ogbunabali ( which means someone that kills in tje night) etc

Greater pH will include

Choba (which house nta pH, AIT pH and uniport)
Oyibo (eleme junction)
Rumuokoro
Rupkokwu
Iguruta (ikwerre LGA)

Even pH airport, second stadium and airport hotel are in ikwerre LGA, so how come you won't add them up when you are talking about PH.

1 Like

Re: hh by betterABIAstate: 12:12am On Jun 05, 2016
meccuno:
lolz....I was referring to the millet guy oh! How can u not speak a word of ikwerri or igbo and come here to tell us who igbos are and are not? Does it make sense? So I being an anambra man who is igbo has lost his land to other igbos because they have grabbed my land.......does it make sense?
the person doesn't even know what they call "come" in ikwerre yet she's arguing. I just tire

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Why IPOB Is Crawling And Kneeling For Niger Delta Avengers Support / Rep Emeka Chinedu Martins Wants To Criminalize Protesting / Muslim Women Protest In Kaduna - "Free El-zakzaky" - Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.