Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,341 members, 7,811,990 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 05:09 AM

hh - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / hh (21530 Views)

Hh (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: hh by Dainfamous: 8:09am On Jun 05, 2016
Specially asaba everything about that place is so Igbo all the clubs,hotels,supermarkets filling stations are owned by igbos in asaba,people driving blasting phyno FADA FADA everywhere in asaba even10 yrs old children sings FADA FADA . grin Sometimes I myself get funny feeling because other tribes live in asaba which is capital of delta state.
The other day I drove to Zenith bank in asaba with my two best friends,one is from Anambra state the other one from Ebonyi state, bobby is from Ebonyi state but live in Asaba with his wife,three of us was in zenith bank speaking Igbo language and the Ebonyi guy speaks laud everyone in the bank felt relaxed.Igboland is only a place you speak Igbo and none igbos don't feel low or sometimes you can see fear in their eyes don't ask me why when you see none igbos ask them why.Once you travel out of Igbo territories speak Igbo and watch the way none Igbo will be looking at you like you speaking superior language.Well don't blame them Igbo language is a heavenly language.
Sing praises in Igbo God will answer your prayer immediately this is a fact.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: hh by Nobody: 8:13am On Jun 05, 2016
Dainfamous:

Igbo language is a heavenly language.
Sing praises in Igbo God will answer your prayer immediately this is a fact.
correct grin grin grin grin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=djr6F31Abk8

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: hh by THOMPSONDAVIE: 10:14am On Jun 05, 2016
mordsith:
NDIGBO KWENU......

STARTING FROM THE BOTTOM TO THE TOP.

9. AGBOR.......

8. ABAKILIKI......

7. UMUAHIA.......

6. ASABA......

5. OWERRI.....

4. ENUGU......

3. ABA........

2. PORT HARCOURT(IGWEOCHA)

1. ONITSHA......

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Igbo_people?_e_pi_=7%2CPAGE_ID10%2C3058689399

HOW UNA SEE AM

...... Please ooo.. All these igbo people thinking port Harcourt is theirs, just keep dreaming. This your greedy nature won't allow your fight for Biafra to work!

3 Likes

Re: hh by proeast(m): 10:32am On Jun 05, 2016
MrAnalyst:
The Delta state government has said Agbor and Asaba are Igbo cities. Agbor disputably. Asaba being an Igbo enclave is already a conclusion. Port Harcourt can be classed an Igbo city but argue all you want. The way some particular people are pouring their frustrations here is alarming.
cc Realman87 explorer250
Its really pathetic how these loosers in their envy will keep argueing over something that is already a known fact! Asaba & Agbor are entirely Igbo cities Ditto most parts of P.H. Even with all the facts on ground & on record yet they are frustrated & keep saying nonsense. Na wa o.

3 Likes

Re: hh by proeast(m): 10:54am On Jun 05, 2016
Yorubanews:
Loving this thread. SS people una wan join Biafra ba?
Why are you so much interested in Bia.fra? You are neither from the SE nor SS yet you are so envious! For the records, the agitation is for like minds, nobody is being forced & in the new nation, every state will control its resources & pay tax to the centre. Mind your business, people of Niger Delta knows what is good for them & they are saying it both in words & action!

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: hh by Malawian(m): 11:03am On Jun 05, 2016
betterABIAstate:
we should also respect there stance, a typical ikwerre man doesn't have this hustling spirit of an Igbo, they just speak Igbo, that's all
If only you knew the amount of hussling behind the success that is julius agwu, you will not be saying this. I know how many times i encountered julius agwu at adeniran ogunsanya carrying brown envelope up and down.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: hh by MrAnalyst: 11:19am On Jun 05, 2016
HopeAtHand:

PH is Old GRA, borikiri, AmadiAma, Abuloma, Town, Eagle Island, Mile1-Mile3, Elekahia, Nkpogwu, Oroabali, Oromerezimgbu, Rumukalagbor, Oroworukwo, Orogbum and Ogbum-na-abali (also referred to as Ogbunabali, a combination of Orogbum and Oroabali)

New GRA, air force base, 1st and 2nd artillery, garrison, mile 1, rumumuola down to Iriebe is Obio/Akpor,

from Agip junction down to Rumuokoro down to elelenwo before petrochemical is Obio/Akpor.

From Rumuokoro down to choba by the choba river is Obio/Akpor@ from Rumuokoro to Rukpokwu is Obio/Akpor.

Igwuruta to new stadium, airport are in Ikwerre LGA.

ogbunabali ( which means someone that kills in the night (seriously?) etc
Tell us the meaning Hopeathand

2 Likes

Re: hh by proeast(m): 11:24am On Jun 05, 2016
Millerz:
I never said I was Ikwerre.
So why are you speaking for them? Did they make you their advocate??
Re: hh by HopeAtHand: 11:52am On Jun 05, 2016
MrAnalyst:

Ogbunabali is a town which was founded on a land belongigng to Orogbum and Oroabali communities.. The full spelling of the name is Ogbum-nu-abali.

Another example is Okoro-nu-odo. That is the area where that big Anglican church at Rumuokoro roundabout is situated. The name is a combination of Rumuokoro and Rumuodomaya.

Thank me later.

1 Like

Re: hh by Marcelini(m): 11:54am On Jun 05, 2016
Ugomba:
okay. So the guy na imposter. Chai.

He is not just an impostor , he is something even worst. A YORUBA IMPOSTOR.
Re: hh by Marcelini(m): 11:56am On Jun 05, 2016
MrAnalyst:

Hopeathand= Yoruba impostor
Re: hh by Enahi(f): 11:59am On Jun 05, 2016
Please remove Asaba and Agbor, you are a thief.
Re: hh by Marcelini(m): 11:59am On Jun 05, 2016
HopeAtHand:

Ogbunabali is a town which was founded on a land belongigng to Orogbum and Oroabali communities.. The full spelling of the name is Ogbum-nu-abali.

Another example is Okoro-nu-odo. That is the area where that big Anglican church at Rumuokoro roundabout is situated. The name is a combination of Rumuokoro and Rumuodomaya.

Thank me later.

Ogbunuabali literally translates to " He that kills in the night". It means the same in Ikwerre and all Igbo dialects.

An Ikwerre man from Ikwerre LGA that hadn't been to PH before will translate it as that too.

And anybody who has interest can always investigate how the name came about, he mustnt be an Ikwerre person to do so.
So you telling the history of how Ogbunuabali was coined does not make you an Ikwerre any more than me knowing that Ilorin was coined from "Ilu erin" ( place of elephants) make me a YORUBA person.

5 Likes

Re: hh by Marcelini(m): 12:02pm On Jun 05, 2016
Enahi:
Please remove Asaba and Agbor, you are a thief.

Edo land grabbers, has Igbanke not taught you a lesson?

2 Likes

Re: hh by Enahi(f): 12:02pm On Jun 05, 2016
proeast:
Its really pathetic how these loosers in their envy will keep argueing over something that is already a known fact! Asaba & Agbor are entirely Igbo cities Ditto most parts of P.H. Even with all the facts on ground & on record yet they are frustrated & keep saying nonsense. Na wa o.

Please identify with your South East only, what nonsense who authorised you to add Cities that ain't officially known as igbo cities? Enough of this jargons you nitwits keep posting on nairaland.
Re: hh by MrAnalyst: 12:03pm On Jun 05, 2016
HopeAtHand:

Thank me later.
I'll slap you! Are you a little kid? Tell me the meaning of Ogbunabali,you're telling me it's was almagated fabricated. As an Ikwerre tell me the interpretation of "Ogbunabali"

5 Likes

Re: hh by HopeAtHand: 12:12pm On Jun 05, 2016
Marcelini:

Ogbunuabali literally translates to " He that kills in the night". It means the same in Ikwerre and all Igbo dialects.

An Ikwerre man from Ikwerre LGA that hadn't been to PH before will translate it as that too.

And anybody who has interest can always investigate how the name came about, he mustnt be an Ikwerre person to do so.
So you telling the history of how Ogbunuabali was coined does not make you an Ikwerre any more than me knowing that Ilorin was coined from "Ilu erin" ( place of elephants) make me a YORUBA person.

Ogbum-nu-abali means Orogbum and Oroabali. Simple.

stop misinterpreting someone else community name.
Re: hh by MrAnalyst: 12:13pm On Jun 05, 2016
Marcelini:

So you telling the history of how Ogbunuabali was coined does not make you an Ikwerre any more than me knowing that Ilorin was coined from "Ile erin" make me a YORUBA person.

Personally I think its the depth of callousness for an outsider to hide and claim Ikwerre just to cause disunity. Ikwerre can be whatever they choose but some tribes are really really cursed!!!

1 Like

Re: hh by Marcelini(m): 12:15pm On Jun 05, 2016
MrAnalyst:

I'll slap you! Are you a little kid? Tell me the meaning of Ogbunabali,you're telling me it's was almagated fabricated. As an Ikwerre tell me the interpretation of "Ogbunabali"

It's possible that Ogbunuabali was fabricated. But that does not change the fact that it literary translates to "He that kills in the night".

For example, we know that Anioma was fabricated by Osadebey using A= Aniocha, N= Ndokwa, I= Ika, O= Oshimili, then adding adding MA as a common denominator to create ANIOMA.
But that does not change the fact that in all Igbo speaking territories, ANIOMA literary translates as "Good land".

By the way, Hopeathand is not an Ikwerre person, stop wasting your time on him.

2 Likes

Re: hh by dreamwords: 12:16pm On Jun 05, 2016
Ikwere is igbo and will continue to be igbo,
Anybody that thinks other wise should come with a reasonable proof,
Does Chukwu sound yorubatic to any body in here?

3 Likes

Re: hh by HopeAtHand: 12:16pm On Jun 05, 2016
MrAnalyst:

told ya already. Orgbum and Oroabali is Ogbum-nu-abali.

Whatever definition you have in your head is your stress.

1 Like

Re: hh by Marcelini(m): 12:21pm On Jun 05, 2016
MrAnalyst:

Personally I think its the depth of callousness for an outsider to hide and claim Ikwerre just to cause disunity. Ikwerre can be whatever they choose but some tribes are really really cursed!!!

The balkanization of Igboland is very essential to keeping Nigeria one. Keep Igbos disunited and Balkanized, you increase your chance of keeping Nigeria one.

Yorubas are one Nigeria apologists, put two and two together, and you understand why it's necessary that they claim Ika, Ikwerre, Etche, etc identities to keep Igboland disunited.

For example, Ndiigbo know that Badagry people are not Yorubas, they don't speak a yoruboid dialect nor understand Yoruba as a first language, but you don't see Igbos impersonating badagry here to divideYorubaland. Why? Because unity or Division of Yoruba land means nothing to an average Igbo man.

7 Likes

Re: hh by Marcelini(m): 12:22pm On Jun 05, 2016
HopeAtHand:

Ogbum-nu-abali means Orogbum and Oroabali. Simple.

stop misinterpreting someone else community name.

I can interpret any Igbo speaking territory as I wish to. A yoruba man has no say whatsoever in it.

1 Like

Re: hh by MrAnalyst: 12:23pm On Jun 05, 2016
Marcelini:

It's possible that Ogbunuabali was fabricated. But that does not change the fact that it literary translates to "He that kills in the night".

For example, we know that Anioma was fabricated by Osadebey using A= Aniocha, N= Ndokwa, I= Ika, O= Oshimili, then adding adding MA as a common denominator to create ANIOMA.
But that does not change the fact that in all Igbo speaking territories, ANIOMA literary translates as "Good land".

I understand fully what you mean but Ogbunabali has a meaning of it's own which the impostor cannot decipher. Anyway who cares about Ikwerre or Hopeathand. Bigger things are on deck.

1 Like

Re: hh by HopeAtHand: 12:26pm On Jun 05, 2016
Marcelini:

Your bolded got me laffing.

Everyone musnt agree with you.Thats life for you. Saying that im not Ikwerre doesnt change the fact that i am. You are not even Ikwerre, so you're not qualified to speak on anything Ikwerre.

Its funny how Igbos waste time and energy trying to force an issue that is beyond them.

It is not for the Igbo to say Ikwerre is Igbo, it is for the Ikwerre to accept being Igbo.

if we are not interested, you cant coerce brotherhood from us. You cant afford to have dissenters within your ranks. It wil be a costly mistake.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: hh by Nobody: 12:28pm On Jun 05, 2016
HopeAtHand:

told ya already. Orgbum and Oroabali is Ogbum-nu-abali.
Whatever definition you have in your head is your stress.
. Bros, you are not ikwerre. Simple.

3 Likes

Re: hh by Abagworo(m): 12:28pm On Jun 05, 2016
MrAnalyst:

Marcelini:

Ogbunabali means same thing in both Igbo and Ikwerre but the translation in this case is exactly what Hopeathand wrote. Ogbum is a clan closely related to Abali clan. Ogbunabali is a corruption of Ogbum nu Abali.

1 Like

Re: hh by Marcelini(m): 12:31pm On Jun 05, 2016
MrAnalyst:

I understand fully what you mean but Ogbunabali has a meaning of it's own which the impostor cannot decipher. Anyway who cares about Ikwerre or Hopeathand. Bigger things are on deck.

Don't fall for his trap.

The game plan of the Yoruboids and their Edo partners are:

1, Impersonate Ikwerres, Ikas, Etches, Oshimili, Ukwuani etc,

2, Start making anti Igbo / Igbophobic comments. Provoke the SE Igbos to make harsh comments towards Ika, Ikwerre, etc

3. When the SE falls into the above trap by making harsh statements against those Igboid groups in anger, they ( Yoruboids) withdraw back and use our words against these Igboid groups against us, by presenting it to the Igboids as a the proof that the SE has no genuine love for them but are rather attached to their oil wealth and land space.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: hh by HopeAtHand: 12:33pm On Jun 05, 2016
Abagworo:

Ogbunabali means same thing in both Igbo and Ikwerre but the translation in this case is exactly what Hopeathand wrote. Ogbum is a clan closely related to Abali clan. Ogbunabali is a corruption of Ogbum nu Abali.

Imagine Igbos asking me, an Ikwerre, to translate the name of an Ikwerre community they way they want and not how the people came about.

Pls talk to your people, they seem to be getting too emotional on issues beyond them. it tends to becloud their sense of rationality.

1 Like

Re: hh by Abagworo(m): 12:34pm On Jun 05, 2016
HopeAtHand:

Your bolded got me laffing.

Everyone musnt agree with you.Thats life for you. Saying that im not Ikwerre doesnt change the fact that i am. You are not even Ikwerre, so you're not qualified to speak on anything Ikwerre.

Its funny how Igbos waste time and energy trying to force an issue that is beyond them.

It is not for the Igbo to say Ikwerre is Igbo, it is for the Ikwerre to accept being Igbo.

if we are not interested, you cant coerce brotherhood from us. You cant afford to have dissenters within your ranks. It wil be a costly mistake.

No true Igbo man will accept Ikwerre as Igbo as events over time has shown our differences. Though we speak similar language and intermarry we have developed over time different perceptions to life.
Re: hh by Abagworo(m): 12:39pm On Jun 05, 2016
Marcelini:

Don't fall for his trap.

The game plan of the Yoruboids and their Edo partners are:

1, Impersonate Ikwerres, Ikas, Etches, Oshimili, Ukwuani etc,

2, Start making anti Igbo / Igbophobic comments. Provoke the SE Igbos to make harsh comments towards Ika, Ikwerre, etc

3. When the SE falls into the above trap by making harsh statements against those Igboid groups in anger, they ( Yoruboids) withdraw back and use our words against these Igboid groups against us, by presenting it to the Igboids as a the proof that the SE has no genuine love for them but are rather attached to their oil wealth and land space.

It is no game my brother. Only Oshimili/Aniocha, Oyigbo and Egbema are Igbos in Soith-South. We should learn to do away with anybody denying Igbo.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

JUST IN: Niger Delta Militants Endorse Buhari / 9th Senate: PDP Plots Goje - Ekweremadu Ticket / FG Plans N88m Cook Stoves For Institutions

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.