Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,319 members, 7,811,946 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 12:42 AM

hh - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / hh (21519 Views)

Hh (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: hh by nonhuman(m): 9:54pm On Jun 04, 2016
HopeAtHand:

I am Ikwerre. I do not think it is proper to call PH an Igbo city because we consider ourselves distinct from Igbo.

Do not misguide people on NL. Ikwerres do not accept the Igbo tag and therefore our cities/towns cannot be classed as Igbo cities/towns.... And given that the OP listed according to city size, i do not think Onitsha is bigger than PH.

Pls, be real.
. my brother ikwerre is a clan of Igbo. blv it or not that's the fact stop living in the denial. ikwere speeks more understanble Igbo than an izza man in Enugu state or ohafia man in abia state

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: hh by uchelvlink(f): 9:58pm On Jun 04, 2016
donphilopus:
When did Agbor, Asaba and Port harcourt become Igbo Cities?!
My friend just keep quiet and learn. Asaba is more Igbo than even Imo and Abia state. I am an Original Proud Igbo girl from Umuagu Asaba Delta state.

I doubt if you have ever crossed the Niger bridge before, not to talk of stepping your feet into Asaba.

Have you ever heard of Ogbeilo-ilo, Umu-Onaje, Umu-Agu, Otuogu, Ezeneyi, Ogbe Osogbewe. Umu-Ezie, Akwaebulu, Oduke and even Okwe? Does the names of these villages make sense to you?

People will just sit down in Oshogbo and be typing nonsense!

Okay come and carry Asaba together with my family and go Ibadan na. Mtchewww!

Finally, don't allow Colonel Achuzie the Biafra Warlord from Asaba to hear this nonsense from you, otherwise your name will be SORRY.

21 Likes 3 Shares

Re: hh by mordsith: 10:01pm On Jun 04, 2016
HopeAtHand:

per bolded, true i have typed in Yoruba, and ive also typed in Igbo, Ikwerre and Kalabari. Learning a new language isnt a bad idea, may come in handy, you never know!

But be assured im 100% yoruba.

hopeathand just confessed to being yoruba..

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: hh by Vulu: 10:02pm On Jun 04, 2016
HopeAtHand:

I am Ikwerre-speaking yoruba driver in PH. I want you to know that we yorubas want the Emeka, Amaechi from rivers and delta to hate the Emekas and Amaechis in Imo and Anambra. It will make we yorubas happy. Insha Allahu!

Ok, now we understand. grin

1 Like

Re: hh by Vulu: 10:12pm On Jun 04, 2016
Ugomba:
hahahahaha, look at an ikwerre lazy drunkard telling the Igbos to beware.
When Sir Emeka Anyaogu was elected as Sec.Gen of Commonwealth in 1964, I don't think that ikwerres have produced a graduate then.. Sorry, you low achievers are NON-ENTITIES.
My Anioma people are far ahead of your ikwerre, it will take you drunkards 1000yrs to produce a Tony Elumelu or Ibe Kachikwu or Jim Ovia.
Get out of hia..

Stop abusing Ikwerre Igbos. That guy is a yoruba man who have lived in Igweocha for a long time. I"m sure if you meet him face-to-face his Oyo tribal mark will be staring you in the face while you laugh and shake your head.
Kunle my yoruba tailor speaks and writes Igbo with Nnewi accent.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: hh by uchelvlink(f): 10:18pm On Jun 04, 2016
mightyokwy:
I don't get it, why do anything igbo give some people heart attack. If asaba nd port-harcourt are not igbo cities then who own them. Imagine the situation where a man from osun and Ogun state claim to be a Lagosian but he is quick to condemn an igbo man that claim asaba or port harcourt. Iberibe bu ajo Ife.
Most of them doesn't even know that the whole of delta North which Asaba is part of are Igbos by Birth and Origin.

Igbouzo, Asaba, Ogwuashi-Ukwu, Akwukwu-Igbo, Idumuje, Ebu, Elah, Idumuje-Uno, Idumuje-Ugboko, Agbor, Anwai, Okpanam, Igbeke, Ukwu Ani, and even the whole of Ani-Ocha and Oshimiri south LGA are all Igbos and are very proud of it.

I am here to cure their Petroleum Jelly infected Brain.

17 Likes 3 Shares

Re: hh by Nobody: 10:31pm On Jun 04, 2016
If he cannot speak for his people then who are you to speak for his own people? Gosh! it is this attitude of yours that made us Niger Deltans outrightly deny Biafra.
Heck! you're already claiming PH, what would you do when SS finally joins Biafra, claim Warri too??
mightyokwy:

You can call ur self what ever name you choose to identify your self with but one thing is sure, u can only speak for your self. I have many friends from ur town and they are all proud to be Igbos. Even in our nysc camp at kubwa Abuja we were all like brothers and we all speak one language and other tribes see us as one.

3 Likes

Re: hh by dreamwords: 10:32pm On Jun 04, 2016
U guys should not blame the yorubas because they dont know that igbo land include some south south states
Just like me i didnt know that yoruba land also include kogi and kwara in the middle belt of nigeria

1 Like

Re: hh by mightyokwy(m): 10:37pm On Jun 04, 2016
Millerz:
If he cannot speak for his people then who are you to speak for his own people? Gosh! it is this attitude of yours that made us Niger Deltans outrightly deny Biafra.
Heck! you're already claiming PH, what would you do when SS finally joins Biafra, claim Warri too??
Mr u can believe what ever you want but like I said Emeka or Chinedu in ikwere or anioma is a brother to Chinedu or Emeka in Onitsha or mbaise. By the way who made him mouth piece of ikwere clan of igbo tribe.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: hh by meccuno: 10:47pm On Jun 04, 2016
Vulu:
yorubas actually know that Igbo cities like Asaba, Igweocha are in the SS, they even call people from there 'omo ibo' and the land 'ile ibo'.
But it kills them you say it officially and dismantle their divide-and rule. If yorubas were god, Igboland will be in middle of hausaland, surrounded by bomb-weilding murderous hausa-fulanis. But yoruba no be god finally. God rather made it that they are ones with a fulani emir on their land. *dancing to fada fada*. grin
hahahahahahahahaha!!!! grin
Re: hh by Nobody: 10:48pm On Jun 04, 2016
I thought you lots said the ikwerres were your brothers (Igbo's). So why did you resort to insulting the entire ikwerre tribe because of one person??

This speaks volumes that you don't really see them as brothers but as a parasite sees a host. Say all you want, the fact remains that no Igbo town (cuz you don't have cities, only glorified towns) can ever be like Port Harcourt, not in this life or the next.

Cry me a river embarassed embarassed embarassed grin grin grin

Ugomba:
hahahahaha, look at an ikwerre lazy drunkard telling the Igbos to beware.
When Sir Emeka Anyaogu was elected as Sec.Gen of Commonwealth in 1964, I don't think that ikwerres have produced a graduate then.. Sorry, you low achievers are NON-ENTITIES.
My Anioma people are far ahead of your ikwerre, it will take you drunkards 1000yrs to produce a Tony Elumelu or Ibe Kachikwu or Jim Ovia.
Get out of hia..

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: hh by Nobody: 10:58pm On Jun 04, 2016
You need to get over yourself dear... That is why Africa is light years behind civilisation. People are going to the moon and you're dragging boundaries and borders.

You have to respect the fact that the ikwerres are a distinct ethnic group which Nigeria recognizes. You cannot keep forcing them to be with you if they don't want to nor keep dragging their lands.

Live and let live.
mightyokwy:

Mr u can believe what ever you want but like I said Emeka or Chinedu in ikwere or anioma is a brother to Chinedu or Emeka in Onitsha or mbaise. By the way who made him mouth piece of ikwere clan of igbo tribe.

2 Likes

Re: hh by Subway1011: 10:58pm On Jun 04, 2016
Yeebhoes and trouble ehn. Ino get una time this afternoon.

5 Likes

Re: hh by Nobody: 11:01pm On Jun 04, 2016
Yoruba's are not land grabbers, they know their boundaries. Something the igbos don't know.
dreamwords:
U guys should not blame the yorubas because they dont know that igbo land include some south south states
Just like me i didnt know that yoruba land also include kogi and kwara in the middle belt of nigeria
Re: hh by meccuno: 11:02pm On Jun 04, 2016
Ok,let us assume that ikwerris are not igbos. But what beats my imagination is when a yoruba man would come online and determine who is igbo or not. In lagos,an average yourba man cannot even differentiate between an igbo man and a calabar man,and others from the ss. They term all of them igbos. Being a yoruba and speaking the language doesn't make you an encyclopedia on igbo matters. The cities mentioned by the OP are igbo cities. The language spoken in those places are igbo. In PH and asaba, they speak pidgin because of other tribes like the ijaws and itsekiris and urhobos......but others are predominantly igbos. Instead my fellow yorubas should learn, they instead start telling us who is igbos or not which is embarrassing and insulting. Even in lagos, there are tribes who do not like to be called yorubas but doesn't make them leSs a yoruba person. People should learn to respect others. When the delta man starts a coup he is igbo. But when it relates to oil he is SS. Please give us a break and face your problems.

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: hh by Noneroone(m): 11:03pm On Jun 04, 2016
HopeAtHand:

I am Ikwerre. I do not think it is proper to call PH an Igbo city because we consider ourselves distinct from Igbo.

Do not misguide people on NL. Ikwerres do not accept the Igbo tag and therefore our cities/towns cannot be classed as Igbo cities/towns.... And given that the OP listed according to city size, i do not think Onitsha is bigger than PH.

Pls, be real.
i am sure most non Igbos have stopped taking you and your shameless claims serious.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: hh by meccuno: 11:03pm On Jun 04, 2016
Millerz:
You need to get over yourself dear... That is why Africa is light years behind civilisation. People are going to the moon and you're dragging boundaries and borders.

You have to respect the fact that the ikwerres are a distinct ethnic group which Nigeria recognizes. You cannot keep forcing them to be with you if they don't want to nor keep dragging their lands.

Live and let live.
what makes them a distinct ethnic group?

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: hh by meccuno: 11:06pm On Jun 04, 2016
Millerz:
Yoruba's are not land grabbers, they know their boundaries. Something the igbos don't know.
saying ikwerri is igbo doesn't mean land grabbing. After all, the ikwerris are still the owners of the land. And they have been the owners for donkey years....their governor is an ikwerri man. So I don't see how land grabbing comes into the picture. Try and learn and stop being obstinate.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: hh by IkpuMmadu: 11:11pm On Jun 04, 2016
HopeAtHand:

Pls, be real.
This Yoruba man

Where is Tony Christopher and ezepromoe

1 Like

Re: hh by Nobody: 11:14pm On Jun 04, 2016
Do you not realise that ikwerre is an ethnic group and a tribe of its own or you want me to school you.

Now here's an example. The Isokos speak a language which is strikingly similar to Urhobo. In fact, Isoko is a clan of urhobo but you don't see urhobos claiming their lands and property. We have come to realise that they have an identity of their own now and respect that

Why can't igbos replicate this? Some months back, it was Nnamdi KANU saying that Warri is Biafra land. And I ask how?
meccuno:
what makes them a distinct ethnic group?

3 Likes

Re: hh by Nobody: 11:15pm On Jun 04, 2016
I see conversing with you is tantamount to pouring water into a basket - unproductive and meaningless!!

Bye Felicia!!
meccuno:
saying ikwerri is igbo doesn't mean land grabbing. After all, the ikwerris are still the owners of the land. And they have been the owners for donkey years....their governor is an ikwerri man. So I don't see how land grabbing comes into the picture. Try and learn and stop being obstinate.
Re: hh by dreamwords: 11:18pm On Jun 04, 2016
Millerz:
Nobody is grabbing anybodys land. U need to grow up son

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: hh by betterABIAstate: 11:21pm On Jun 04, 2016
gebest:
so u mean onitsha is bigger ph nd aba is bigger owerri besides the list is LUBBISH
aba is far bigger than onitsha and owerri, believe the list at your own peril

1 Like

Re: hh by dreamwords: 11:22pm On Jun 04, 2016
Millerz:
Do you not realise that ikwerre is an ethnic group and a tribe of its own or you want me to school you.

Now here's an example. The Isokos speak a language which is strikingly similar to Urhobo. In fact, Isoko is a clan of urhobo but you don't see urhobos claiming their lands and property. We have come to realise that they have an identity of their own now and respect that

Why can't igbos replicate this? Some months back, it was Nnamdi KANU saying that Warri is Biafra land. And I ask how?
Where are you from?
How do you say "come "in ikwere?

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: hh by meccuno: 11:23pm On Jun 04, 2016
Millerz:

oga, in ebonyi and enugu state, they have languages that are similar to igbo too. But they are igbos.the enugu man and ebonyi man have the same difference as the ikwerri man....I don't expect you to know this because you aren't igbo and you don't speak the language.....the problem with the ikwerri man is political...... Your argument doesn't hold water.......urhobo is urhobo and itsekiri is itsekiri,isoko is isoko ...they have different languages.....ikwerri is a dialect of the igbo language......they are igbos

11 Likes

Re: hh by oslae(f): 11:23pm On Jun 04, 2016
moriarity:

Maama grin grin cheesy
angry tongue
Re: hh by meccuno: 11:24pm On Jun 04, 2016
Millerz:
I see conversing with you is tantamount to pouring water into a basket - unproductive and meaningless!!

Bye Felicia!!
before you go, where exactly are you from?? I'm an igbo man from anambra state typing in the heart of PH rivers state now.......where are you from?

4 Likes

Re: hh by betterABIAstate: 11:29pm On Jun 04, 2016
dreamwords:
port Harcourt has stakes from ijaw, eleme and Igbo. But as it stands now, until the ikwerre people agree to be igbos( of which they are anyway) port Harcourt will remain larger an ikwerre owned city rather than Igbo. Though Igbo still has a stake even with the statusquo because the ndoki people of oyigbo are part of greater port Harcourt.

As for asaba, asaba is a pure Igbo city, you can hardly hear any other language there apart from Igbo

2 Likes

Re: hh by Nobody: 11:30pm On Jun 04, 2016
I never compared Urhobo to Itsekiri, I talked about Urhobo and Isoko cheesy
meccuno:
oga, in ebonyi and enugu state, they have languages that are similar to igbo too. But they are igbos.the enugu man and ebonyi man have the same difference as the ikwerri man....I don't expect you to know this because you aren't igbo and you don't speak the language.....the problem with the ikwerri man is political...... Your argument doesn't hold water.......urhobo is urhobo and itsekiri is itsekiri...they have different languages.....ikwerri is a dialect of the igbo language......they are igbos
Re: hh by betterABIAstate: 11:32pm On Jun 04, 2016
Millerz:

I'm not arguing with you but just realize that even if ikwerre refuse to be Igbo, the people of obigbo in greater port Harcourt didn't deny their identities, you should understand how port Harcourt is an Igbo City.
Re: hh by dreamwords: 11:33pm On Jun 04, 2016
Millerz:
I never compared Urhobo to Itsekiri, I talked about Urhobo and Isoko cheesy
Bro answer me, how do you say "come" in ikwere
Re: hh by Nobody: 11:34pm On Jun 04, 2016
I'm Urhobo,, born and bred in P.H. Besides, why did you lie about being Yoruba. Do you just lie about everything??
meccuno:
before you go, where exactly are you from?? I'm an igbo man from anambra state typing in the heart of PH rivers state now.......where are you from?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Compel Osinbajo-led FEC To Declare Buhari Unfit, Court Told / VP Osinbajo Was Never Booed In Kano (pictures) / Governor Masari: Fight Bandits With Your Teeth, Don’t Wait For Police, Soldiers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.