Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,464 members, 7,816,087 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:44 AM

Lagos Government To Set Up Rice Plant In Kebbi - Agriculture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Lagos Government To Set Up Rice Plant In Kebbi (26112 Views)

Kano Government To Distribute 200 Tractors To Farmers On Loan (Pictures) / The Biggest Onion Market In Nigeria In Kebbi State (Photos) / Construction Of Rice Polishing Factory In Kebbi State Kicks Off (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos Government To Set Up Rice Plant In Kebbi by amtaken(f): 9:10am On Jun 05, 2016
I am beginning to love this Ambode.

God bless him so much.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Government To Set Up Rice Plant In Kebbi by amagunnerfan: 9:11am On Jun 05, 2016
And some are busy bombing pipelines. When oil is increasingly becoming irrelevant.

Soon they will be left behind and their children's children will curse them. Matter of time.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos Government To Set Up Rice Plant In Kebbi by Nobody: 9:12am On Jun 05, 2016
Diversification

3 Likes

Re: Lagos Government To Set Up Rice Plant In Kebbi by Shym3xx: 9:12am On Jun 05, 2016
I honestly don't know where they pluck these terrible and myopic leaders from.

What's Lagos' business with non-lucrative rice plant gazillion of mile away, when it can focus of its industries and continue to look for ways to maximise revenue from there? Must these people always tag along in stupidity?

Even if you're interested in agriculture, why not stay in the SW? This is the type of mentality that messed up Lagos.

Anyway, this is what happens when a glutton and an obese guy becomes a governor cos all he'll care about is food. undecided

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lagos Government To Set Up Rice Plant In Kebbi by kareem492(m): 9:12am On Jun 05, 2016
and then
Re: Lagos Government To Set Up Rice Plant In Kebbi by BAILMONEY: 9:13am On Jun 05, 2016
EXACTLY WHY YORUBAS ARE CALLING FOR A UNITED NIGERIA. COWARDS angry

1 Like

Re: Lagos Government To Set Up Rice Plant In Kebbi by Moris4(m): 9:14am On Jun 05, 2016
Nice one coolNice one

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Government To Set Up Rice Plant In Kebbi by tyhgfrdeswscbhf(f): 9:15am On Jun 05, 2016
jonathan111:
Alright. . Click like if you think it's nonsense
Yor
Re: Lagos Government To Set Up Rice Plant In Kebbi by Shym3xx: 9:17am On Jun 05, 2016
gbadexy:
Ambode is a silent achiever.
This is another drive at increasing the state's IGR and relieving pressure on the dollars for rice importation not forgetting job creation.

So, he needs rice plant to increase the IGR of a state with huge untapped potentials like Lagos, with so many industries and human resources, no?

You must be from Ibadan cos only someone with amala logic would posit something as utter ridiculous as this. grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lagos Government To Set Up Rice Plant In Kebbi by Emmy4Naija: 9:17am On Jun 05, 2016
Abatsam111:

http://www.ourdailygists.ml/2016/06/lagos-govt-to-establish-rice-mill-in.html

What is 20 metric? Tonnes or what? Brown envelop journalism has killed our media houses.

I want to Tell Ambode that the problem is not rice process plants or mills BUT cultivation of rice all through the year. We now have large scale automated mills in Ebonyi, Anambra, Benue, Nassarawa, Kano, Lagos and Niger States to mention but a few.

Government and farmers need to go into irrigation farming of rice in large scale to supply the existing mills with rice paddy all year round. Depending on FADAMA cultivation will NOT ensure sufficiency of rice all year round. Now that PMB has banned the importation of foreign rice, we have to cultivate rice twice a year, this we can only achieve by irrigation farming.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos Government To Set Up Rice Plant In Kebbi by MadCow1: 9:18am On Jun 05, 2016
Brilliant Inter-State trading..

Lagos State makes money from the proceeds on sales, Kebbi makes money on the taxes, jobs created for both local farmers, and factory workers.

Everybody wins..

Lagos State just keeps proving its not just about oil.. Lagos State Government runs the state affairs like a Company.

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lagos Government To Set Up Rice Plant In Kebbi by LockDown69(m): 9:19am On Jun 05, 2016
9ja4show:
How will lagosians benefit from this as regards working in that factory or they will pack and come down to kebbi; can't this happen in lagos ? Cos the way this country is going is All man for him state oh
We don't need people with mindsets like you in this country, receive sense abeg! Smh

13 Likes

Re: Lagos Government To Set Up Rice Plant In Kebbi by Nobody: 9:21am On Jun 05, 2016
9ja4show:

You are not making sense ,its better Lagos state buys the already prepared rice than to build factory that kebbi people will say they own someday!

Can't it work in lagos ? Answer that first

U sound very "uneducated"

10 Likes

Re: Lagos Government To Set Up Rice Plant In Kebbi by tbaba1234: 9:21am On Jun 05, 2016
9ja4show:

You are not making sense ,its better Lagos state buys the already prepared rice than to build factory that kebbi people will say they own someday!

Kebbi will say, they own?? On what basis??

it is more cost effective to set it up close to raw materials

14 Likes

Re: Lagos Government To Set Up Rice Plant In Kebbi by Nobody: 9:21am On Jun 05, 2016
QuotaSystem:
Dangote is building a Petro-chemical plant in Lagos (SW)...

Lagos is building a Rice Plant in Kebbi(NW)....

Meanwhile some people are bombing themselves back into the 19th century....and some others are sacrificing themselves to stop one Nigeria.

Diversification in action. The day will soon break.
And Fayose is busy toying with his people's destiny....

9 Likes

Re: Lagos Government To Set Up Rice Plant In Kebbi by 9ja4show: 9:24am On Jun 05, 2016
LockDown69:

We don't need people with mindsets like you in this country, receive sense abeg! Smh

Ok your eye go clear soon

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lagos Government To Set Up Rice Plant In Kebbi by gbadexy(m): 9:25am On Jun 05, 2016
Shym3xx:

So, he needs rice plant to increase the IGR of a state with huge untapped potentials like Lagos, with so many industries and human resources, no?

You must be from Ibadan cos only someone with amala logic would posit something as utter ridiculous as this. grin
You try to sound enlightened but end up sounding like someone immature.
There is no harm in diversifying the state's source of income.
Besides, it hasn't stopped him from maximizing the state's potential, with more to come through the lagos oil field and proposed refinery to be built here.
You don't have to agree with me, neither should I agree with you. You could just easily ignore my post or give us other areas you feel he should tap into in the state.

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos Government To Set Up Rice Plant In Kebbi by kennsville(m): 9:30am On Jun 05, 2016
First good move by Nancy government I naija. Baba bubs.. learn from your boy Ambo. Invest make we for remember you before your death..
Re: Lagos Government To Set Up Rice Plant In Kebbi by lukency(m): 9:31am On Jun 05, 2016
The last time I checked some irresponsible beast where busy bombing their towns nd villages now some responsible nd progressive minded pple are exploring avenues to improve their IGR.Long live LAG & KEBBI 4 dis loudable initiative

10 Likes

Re: Lagos Government To Set Up Rice Plant In Kebbi by LockDown69(m): 9:32am On Jun 05, 2016
9ja4show:

Ok your eye go clear soon
Dey there

4 Likes

Re: Lagos Government To Set Up Rice Plant In Kebbi by Shym3xx: 9:34am On Jun 05, 2016
gbadexy:

You try to sound enlightened but end up sounding like someone immature.
There is no harm in diversifying the state's source of income.
Besides, it hasn't stopped him from maximizing the state's potential, with more to come through the lagos oil field and proposed refinery to be built here.
You don't have to agree with me, neither should I agree with you. You could just easily ignore my post or give us other areas you feel he should tap into in the state.

No. Your logic sounds like amala logic, hence I labelled it that way. grin

Okay, can you list what Lagos would benefit from this and cite an example anywhere else on the planet where a megacity, with the same potentials as Lagos has ever undertaken such a venture?

The problem with a lot of the followers/leaders in naij is the fact that most of you can't see beyond ya nostrils. And it's synonymous with being lazy thinkers and educated illiterates. Government shouldn't even be involved in agriculture, in the first place - apart from granting subsidies to farmers; providing lands for them; and helping them secure favourable loans. Then you have a state like Lagos in need of an identity, that's meant to focus on its massive industries and the financial sector - getting entangled in something it has no business with, thus complicating things in the process. It doesn't make any sense whatsover.

Government policies shouldn't be about tagging along with what's in vogue - you need to always focus on ya strengths when it comes to governance. You can't be a jack-of-all-trades - you complicate things by doing that.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Government To Set Up Rice Plant In Kebbi by rhemmiedream(m): 9:35am On Jun 05, 2016
BAILMONEY:
EXACTLY WHY YORUBAS ARE CALLING FOR A UNITED NIGERIA. COWARDS angry
Lol..because the plant is not situated in Ebonyi ?

12 Likes

Re: Lagos Government To Set Up Rice Plant In Kebbi by gboye1999: 9:36am On Jun 05, 2016
9ja4show:

You have a good point.
May be comparative advantage.

Lagos may have it's eyes on other things.
Re: Lagos Government To Set Up Rice Plant In Kebbi by Thatitan234(m): 9:37am On Jun 05, 2016
9ja4show:

Mr man what are you spewing?? LASG should buy already prepared rice??

And what is bad if Lagos creates job for them in kebbi state??

Always locate your production business close to the location of resources, that's basic business knowledge fa.

11 Likes

Re: Lagos Government To Set Up Rice Plant In Kebbi by I888(m): 9:37am On Jun 05, 2016
emvico:
so lagos no get land again? or may be dem wan use idea to spy kebbi cheesy
Lagos has no land for commercial farming. They have sold the better parts off. I foresee this happening more in the future as they will be buying up lands in other states cos they don't have land anymore.
Re: Lagos Government To Set Up Rice Plant In Kebbi by YourNemesis: 9:38am On Jun 05, 2016
Shym3xx:
I honestly don't know where they pluck these terrible and myopic leaders from.

What's Lagos' business with non-lucrative rice plant gazillion of mile away, when it can focus of its industries and continue to look for ways to maximise revenue from there? Must these people always tag along in stupidity?

Even if you're interested in agriculture, why not stay in the SW? This is the type of mentality that messed up Lagos.

Anyway, this is what happens when a glutton and an obese guy becomes a governor cos all he'll care about is food. undecided

But How about Dangote building a refinery, and a fertilizer plant in the SW?
If they own you, and you do not own them back, then you will be forever indebted...take note.

5 Likes

Re: Lagos Government To Set Up Rice Plant In Kebbi by Shym3xx: 9:40am On Jun 05, 2016
YourNemesis:

But How about Dangote building a refinery, and a fertilizer plant in the SW?
If they own you, and you do not own them back, then you will be forever indebted...take note.

What's the correlation between a private businessman trying to maximise profit with the location of his investment and a government? You're not making any sense whatsoever.
Re: Lagos Government To Set Up Rice Plant In Kebbi by tbaba1234: 9:41am On Jun 05, 2016
Shym3xx:

No. Your logic sound like amala logic, hence I labelled it that way. grin

Okay, can you list what Lagos would benefit from this and cite an example anywhere else on the planet where a megacity, with the same potentials as Lagos has ever undertaken such a venture?

The problem with a lot of the followers/leaders in naij is the fact that most of you can't see beyond ya nostrils. And it's synonymous with being lazy thinkers and educated illiterates. Government shouldn't even be involved in agriculture, in the first place - apart from granting subsidies to farmers; providing lands for them; and helping them secure favourable loans. Then you have a state like Lagos in need of an identity, that's meant to focus on its massive industries and the financial sector - getting entangled in something it has no business with, thus complicating things in the process. It doesn't make any sense whatsover.

Government policies shouldn't be about tagging along with what's in vogue - you need to always focus on ya strengths when it comes to governance. You can't be a jack-of-all-trades - you complicate things by doing that.

Rice production is a massively untapped industry in Nigeria. If Lagos can collaborate with some private professionals to set up a factory in Kebbi, the revenue potential for the state is enormous.

There is absolutely nothing wrong in inter-state collaboration. In fact, Lagos with its status should be engaged more in it. It will increase the state's influence and importance in local politics. Lagos can influence Kebbi's position on key national issues for instance.

There is no rule that limits the state from exploring revenue opportunities in other areas.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lagos Government To Set Up Rice Plant In Kebbi by YourNemesis: 9:45am On Jun 05, 2016
Shym3xx:

What's the correlation between a private businessman trying to maximise profit with the location of his investment and a government? You're not making any sense whatsoever.

Because he could site that fertilizer plant in Sokoto, Kebbi or somewhere in the North where majority of farmers are and import the raw materials from Niger and Chad.
There is already a pool of knowledgeable rice farmers in a state like Kebbi, and Lagos is simply tapping into that. Not unlike The Americans owning Banana plantations in Costa Rica.

4 Likes

Re: Lagos Government To Set Up Rice Plant In Kebbi by 989900: 9:50am On Jun 05, 2016
I888:
Lagos has no land for commercial farming. They have sold the better parts off. I foresee this happening more in the future as they will be buying up lands in other states cos they don't have land anymore.

It is already happening.

Lagos has farmlands across the SW (a big chunk in Osun).

Kebbi alone, I heard is already achieving 1/6th of our rice requirements . . . imagine in 2-3 years from now . . .

BTW, Rice is arguably our largest food import . . . eating up massive Forex. If Lagos can help us get Rice and PMS, AGO, DPK, off our imports bill, turning that travesty into opportunity a la exports (earning Forex) -- that'd be a coup -- part of what the Dr. ordered for diversification and a stronger Naira!

12 Likes

Re: Lagos Government To Set Up Rice Plant In Kebbi by Shym3xx: 9:52am On Jun 05, 2016
tbaba1234:

Rice production is a massively untapped industry in Nigeria. If Lagos can collaborate with some private professionals to set up a factory in Kebbi, the revenue potential for the state is enormous.

There is absolutely nothing wrong in inter-state collaboration. In fact, Lagos with its status should be engaged more in it. It will increase the state's influence and importance in local politics. Lagos can influence Kebbi's position on key national issues for instance.

There is no rule that limits the state from exploring revenue opportunities in other areas.

Bitumen is largely untapped in Nigeria. Solid minerals are largely untapped in Nigeria. Etc. So, I guess Lagos also need to invest in states with these untapped resources as well, no? That's the logic there.

The state has no business building rice plants in Kebbi - there are other things they can do to foster inter-state collaborations. They can start with exchanging ideas about governance; inter-state transportation; lobbying to open branches of investments domiciled in one state, in the other etc. Let private businessmen handle that and focus on ya own potentials as a state.

Also, based on the way Nigeria is structured - no state can influence any other state on national issues. Everything happens based on bloc, and ethnic/party/religious lines.

Lagos should worry about Lagos and let Kebbi worry about Kebbi.

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

I Want To Buy Yam In Large Quantity / My Dry Season Rice And Okra Farm (pics) / How To Plant 24,000 Seeds Of Cucumber On A 3plot Of Land And Make Millions

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.