Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,446 members, 7,816,028 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:01 AM

Lagos Government To Set Up Rice Plant In Kebbi - Agriculture (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Lagos Government To Set Up Rice Plant In Kebbi (26109 Views)

Kano Government To Distribute 200 Tractors To Farmers On Loan (Pictures) / The Biggest Onion Market In Nigeria In Kebbi State (Photos) / Construction Of Rice Polishing Factory In Kebbi State Kicks Off (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos Government To Set Up Rice Plant In Kebbi by tbaba1234: 9:11pm On Jun 05, 2016
calaway:

Yoruba

Yea, because everyone in the south south agrees with the rubbish these guys are doing? Rubbish!!

Businesses are running away from the south south. No one wants to put their money in a place with so much insecurity.

Kidnapping and killings are rife everywhere, delta, edo, bayelsa, name it. Add blowing pipelines and you are just making it tougher for average people.

3 Likes

Re: Lagos Government To Set Up Rice Plant In Kebbi by calaway: 9:48pm On Jun 05, 2016
Re: Lagos Government To Set Up Rice Plant In Kebbi by calaway: 9:49pm On Jun 05, 2016
tbaba1234:

Yea, because everyone in the south south agrees with the rubbish these guys are doing? Rubbish!!

Businesses are running away from the south south. No one wants to put their money in a place with so much insecurity.

Kidnapping and killings are rife everywhere, delta, edo, bayelsa, name it. Add blowing pipelines and you are just making it tougher for average people.

What do u care about the people of the ss/se?
Did u ever speak up in their defense... They are well aware that any punishment they have to endure now to secure a prosperous future free of the parasitic appendage is a welcomed Blessing in disguise. FYI it is the murderous herds men that are the kidnappers and they will be broken off as well.

GOD fights with the oppressed...a new has set...GOD save the SS/SE

GOD bless NDA/IPOB
Re: Lagos Government To Set Up Rice Plant In Kebbi by tbaba1234: 9:58pm On Jun 05, 2016
calaway:

Did u ever speak up in their defense... They are well aware that any punishment they have to endure now to secure a prosperous future free of the parasitic appendage is a welcomed Blessing in disguise. FYI it is the murderous herds men that are the kidnappers and they will be broken off as well.

GOD bless NDA/IPOB

I am south south... That is why i care... It is my people not yours

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Government To Set Up Rice Plant In Kebbi by calaway: 10:10pm On Jun 05, 2016
tbaba1234:

I am south south... That is why i care... It is my people not yours
Hahaha in your dreams..
Re: Lagos Government To Set Up Rice Plant In Kebbi by ashjay001(m): 10:33pm On Jun 05, 2016
calaway:

Even though you know it wrong.. You can't take you eyes off the oil.... Believe me what you are feeling is even stronger in Buhari remember 2 months ago he said I will crush NDA like I crushed bh and one month ago the military said they will be no negotiations with NDA but many #BOOM later Buhari is singing a new song looking to implement yar adua agreement and negotiate with NDA(my guys) remember Britain and USA have washed their hands clean of any military action against the NDA and asked your hero to talk with the strong niggas....unlike 1966 when they askd and armed Nigeria to fight biafra...
The only thing you are waiting for is the hunger and disorganization that will hit Nigeria by August when the effect of the booms will take a strong hold on you reality...then you will beg the real lords and owners of Nigeria. Brace ur self cos the ride is about to get rough for a change must manifest. FREEDOM IS A GOD GIVEN RIGHT.

Hmmm... There is a saying in yoruba; even if u pound yam in a leaf and dish soup in groundnut shells, some will still be satiated!
Re: Lagos Government To Set Up Rice Plant In Kebbi by calaway: 10:40pm On Jun 05, 2016
ashjay001:

Hmmm... There is a saying in yoruba; even if u pound yam in a leaf and dish soup in groundnut shells, some will still be satiated!

There's a twi proverb that goes; a fool will remain foolish in sunshine or rain.
Re: Lagos Government To Set Up Rice Plant In Kebbi by rhemmiedream(m): 2:00am On Jun 06, 2016
calaway:

GRA GRA !!
Your oga pmb did the same. Today no be yesterday
E go soon clear for una eye like carnival !!
Re: Lagos Government To Set Up Rice Plant In Kebbi by rhemmiedream(m): 2:06am On Jun 06, 2016
calaway:

GOD bless NDA/IPOB
All these smelly akpu eating flathe...ads sef .Can't you be independent of the south south There is really a low self esteem gene present in you people's DNA . where on earth would a large group be doing an attache by force to a much lesser ethnic group . NAWAO !!
Re: Lagos Government To Set Up Rice Plant In Kebbi by calaway: 4:47am On Jun 06, 2016
rhemmiedream:

All these smelly akpu eating flathe...ads sef .Can't you be independent of the south south There is really a low self esteem gene present in you people's DNA . where on earth would a large group be doing an attache by force to a much lesser ethnic group . NAWAO !!
I am SS the SE are our brothers we share a
common destiny. Just as the Yoruba and Hausa share a common destiny, future and culture. The NDA 7th condition which must be met is freedom for IPOB director. Even in the SS we have indigenous Igbos In rivers we have ikwere like Chibuike amaechi in delta we
we have anioma like Ifeanyi okowa in bayelsa we have ijaws with Igbo lineage like Goodluck Ebere or Dozieani all the names are Igbo names not Yoruba or Hausa be educated and forget your divisive tactics, blood is thicker than water. Is it you that loves the ogoni man more than the Igbos?
FYI the Igbo also have their oil wells discovered even before most of the SS The JIDIKE Flow station has been give oil to Nigeria since 1972 it is the most prolific oil zone in all Nigeria, the largest oil reserve in west Africa lies in IMO state. The iwaza flow station in Abia state Has a capacity of 250,000 barrels a day. Aguleri in Anambra state has oil.
The SE is bring a lot to the table if we decide to be together as we are brothers you cannot seperate us . Pls face ur own relationship.
Re: Lagos Government To Set Up Rice Plant In Kebbi by rhemmiedream(m): 5:43am On Jun 06, 2016
calaway:

I am SS the SE are our brothers we share a
common destiny. Just as the Yoruba and Hausa share a common destiny, future and culture. The NDA 7th condition which must be met is freedom for IPOB director. Even in the SS we have indigenous Igbos In rivers we have ikwere like Chibuike amaechi in delta we
we have anioma like Ifeanyi okowa in bayelsa we have ijaws with Igbo lineage like Goodluck Ebere or Dozieani all the names are Igbo names not Yoruba or Hausa be educated and forget your divisive tactics, blood is thicker than water. Is it you that loves the ogoni man more than the Igbos?
FYI the Igbo also have their oil wells discovered even before most of the SS The JIDIKE Flow station has been give oil to Nigeria since 1972 it is the most prolific oil zone in all Nigeria, the largest oil reserve in west Africa lies in IMO state. The iwaza flow station in Abia state Has a capacity of 250,000 barrels a day. Aguleri in Anambra state has oil.
The SE is bring a lot to the table if we decide to be together as we are brothers you cannot seperate us . Pls face ur own relationship.
Lol...You have probably being listening to so much lies from ipob radio .
Tell your people to put their mind off the oil and sea of the south South .

1 Like

Re: Lagos Government To Set Up Rice Plant In Kebbi by ashjay001(m): 6:31am On Jun 06, 2016
calaway:

There's a twi proverb that goes; a fool will remain foolish in sunshine or rain.

U try sha! Another goes; if u point a finger at someone, d remaining four are pointing to u(*4). Have a lovely week!
Re: Lagos Government To Set Up Rice Plant In Kebbi by delman88(m): 7:58am On Jun 06, 2016
emvico:

have you been to all part of lagos? who told you there is no land in lagos for farming? besides, what about other western states? who told you there is no land in the west? kids like you lack home training. besides, did i insult you? go back to your parent and let them teach you how to talk to people.

Just look at what you saying, are we arguing general farming or just RICE farming. THINK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Lagos Government To Set Up Rice Plant In Kebbi by calaway: 8:05am On Jun 06, 2016
rhemmiedream:

Lol...You have probably being listening to so much lies from ipob radio .
Tell your people to put their mind off the oil and sea of the south South .

That is how you continue to wallow in ignorance use google , "JIDIKE flow station" IMO state and "IWAZA flow station" Abia state two example of a host of oil wells in the SE..even if SE did not have its own oil we in SS will be happy to share our oil with our brothers. We don't want the leeches any more period
Re: Lagos Government To Set Up Rice Plant In Kebbi by antispexish(m): 3:14pm On Jun 06, 2016
[quote author=Shym3xx post=46302103]

Your argument keeps getting more redundant with every post you make and it will always come down to the fact that this ludicrous jamboree is a business venture.
yes , it's a business venture , a wise one!. but it was done not primarily for profit, it was also done for the people, since the govt has seen a big gap in those doing it, so it needed to cover the gap so that all its people will get rice at reasonable prices.
people will always eaT rice you know, so it's not a bad investment at all.

And the question is: why does Lagos, that is yet to maximise the massive potentials it has, getting entangled with more layers of junk?
lagos is trying to maximise it's potential, you too can see that, that it is not doing so now does not mean it should noT partake in agriculture, which is an essential part of maxima at ion!
lagos needs it people to ensure it maximise it's massive potential.
lagos cannot use hungry people to do that, solving it's peoples food issues will allow it's people work harder in helping lagos achive it's potentials.
A bricklayer will not need to turn into a theif who breaks into houses cus his job can give him enough money to afford rice and meat for his family. then the govt can use the money earlier budgeted for importing rice and providing security against the bricklayer to maintain the economy and provide more jobs.

If you can't see the synergy in that, there is nothing I can do about it!

The whole adventure doesn't even make any sense whatsoever based on how Nigeria is structured. Lagos would be well served by focusing on what it already has at its disposal.
dId you not read about those who invested in the project, they are smarter than you!
does lagos have rice, no, so lagos is focusing on what it has at his disposal while also taking care of what it does not have at his disposal!

Since you can read - you can look at megacities like London, New York, Paris, Hong Kong etc. like I've cited numerous times on this thread and see the perfect model for Lagos.

perfect model? those people do noT have the unique issues lagos has, furthermore, lagos does not need to copy them in everything, cus they did not even copy each other in everything.
Re: Lagos Government To Set Up Rice Plant In Kebbi by antispexish(m): 3:20pm On Jun 06, 2016
vivaciousvivi:

Nearness to source of raw material is key, that's why.

Spoken wisely antispexish

dnt mind him, he is expecting lagos to bag raw products , unpack it, proccess it, then bag it again before it gets to the consumers.

He does not realise that lagos can now be supplying other states I need of rice before first bringing it to lagos .

1 Like

Re: Lagos Government To Set Up Rice Plant In Kebbi by Ade3000yrs(m): 2:15am On Sep 17, 2016
Great effort! Nigerians, Agriculture is real, its not acting, its no drama!
Re: Lagos Government To Set Up Rice Plant In Kebbi by gabe: 3:57am On Sep 17, 2016
Meanwhile, please what is 20 metric huge amounts biko? lipsrsealed

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

I Want To Buy Yam In Large Quantity / My Dry Season Rice And Okra Farm (pics) / How To Plant 24,000 Seeds Of Cucumber On A 3plot Of Land And Make Millions

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.