Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,351 members, 7,815,717 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:05 PM

FG Vows To Reveal Boko Haram’s Sponsors - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG Vows To Reveal Boko Haram’s Sponsors (1024 Views)

FG To Reveal Account Details Of IPOB Sponsors / Abandoned N449m: Suspect In EFCC Custody, Threatens To Reveal Owner If… / Military Arrests Boko Haram Sponsors (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

FG Vows To Reveal Boko Haram’s Sponsors by DONSMITH123(m): 4:33pm On Jun 07, 2016
The Attorney-General of the Federation, AGF, and Minister of Justice, Abubakar Malami has stated that the federal government will go after sponsors of Boko Haram insurgents, stressing that investigation into that has since begun with a view to unraveling the root cause of the insurgency.
Malami spoke through a Director in the Ministry of Justice, Mrs Lola Eket, while addressing members of a group identified as Lawyers United for Equality and Human Rights Advocacy, who were on a peaceful protest to the Ministry.

He maintained that Boko Haram could not have gone to the extent they got if there were no strong sponsors of the terrorists, disclosing that a Judicial Commission of Inquiry would be set in motion to unravel how the menace found its way into the country.

“In the past, no Nigerian will commit suicide under any persuasion, and the way they have sustained onslaught against the state since they started, it seems they were being sponsored and I assure all of you that Judicial Commission of Inquiry would be set up to investigate where sponsorship of Boko Haram were coming from,” the AGF said.

Leading the protest of about 100 members, the Convener, Barrister Samson Esekhaigbe, in his address, called for the arraignment and prosecution of Boko Haram sponsors, who he said should be charged to the International Criminal Court for the death of those killed by the terrorists.

“Part of the reason we are concerned was the mistakes of the past where government relaxed in prosecution of heinous act which in our reasoning was responsible for emergence militancy afresh,” he stated.

“A situation where over 10,000 people have been senselessly killed was alarming and so far there was no sign of prosecution at the International Criminal Court,” he added.

Cc: lalasticlala

http://dailypost.ng/2016/06/07/fg-vows-to-reveal-boko-harams-sponsors/

1 Like

Re: FG Vows To Reveal Boko Haram’s Sponsors by OsusuMustFlow(f): 4:39pm On Jun 07, 2016
Hope say Atiku and Baba name no dey sha lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: FG Vows To Reveal Boko Haram’s Sponsors by OnankpaBa(m): 4:42pm On Jun 07, 2016
good.
Re: FG Vows To Reveal Boko Haram’s Sponsors by OnankpaBa(m): 4:43pm On Jun 07, 2016
shut up there!

OsusuMustFlow:
Re: FG Vows To Reveal Boko Haram’s Sponsors by Nobody: 4:43pm On Jun 07, 2016
Since Apc came into power, everything is "To", "To", "To". Question is when? I'm afraid they'll "To" the remaining 3 years.

SMH!!

1 Like

Re: FG Vows To Reveal Boko Haram’s Sponsors by OsusuMustFlow(f): 4:44pm On Jun 07, 2016
grin grin grin grin
OnankpaBa:

shut up there!

1 Like

Re: FG Vows To Reveal Boko Haram’s Sponsors by RoyalBlak007: 4:47pm On Jun 07, 2016
I bet my balls

they won't
Re: FG Vows To Reveal Boko Haram’s Sponsors by Nobody: 4:51pm On Jun 07, 2016
Just as they boldly "revealed" the names of the LOOTERS.

Yeye people.

cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

2 Likes

Re: FG Vows To Reveal Boko Haram’s Sponsors by Nobody: 5:00pm On Jun 07, 2016
Looters list first!
Re: FG Vows To Reveal Boko Haram’s Sponsors by Omonigeriarere: 5:03pm On Jun 07, 2016
OsusuMustFlow:

It will be incomplete without the one who knew that BH are in his cabinets, but has no ball to fish them out.

Re: FG Vows To Reveal Boko Haram’s Sponsors by engrflames: 5:03pm On Jun 07, 2016
Government of promise and fail, why can't you just name them right away?
Re: FG Vows To Reveal Boko Haram’s Sponsors by missuniverse(f): 5:07pm On Jun 07, 2016
You've said that before
Re: FG Vows To Reveal Boko Haram’s Sponsors by OsusuMustFlow(f): 5:07pm On Jun 07, 2016
E yaa, E-pain you? Dont worry chief zombie. Your oga's name is on the list cheesy cheesy

Omonigeriarere:

It will be incomplete without the one who knew that BH are in his cabinets, but has no ball to fish them out.
Re: FG Vows To Reveal Boko Haram’s Sponsors by OsusuMustFlow(f): 5:07pm On Jun 07, 2016
you mind them?

engrflames:
Government of promise and fail, why can't you just name them right away?
Re: FG Vows To Reveal Boko Haram’s Sponsors by Omonigeriarere: 5:09pm On Jun 07, 2016
OsusuMustFlow:

[s]E yaa, E-pain you? Dont worry chief zombie. Your oga's name is on the list cheesy cheesy[/s]

Give me a fact and not a beer palour gist: once a wailing zombie, always a wailing zombie.
Re: FG Vows To Reveal Boko Haram’s Sponsors by SweetLove0(f): 5:10pm On Jun 07, 2016
ok na
Re: FG Vows To Reveal Boko Haram’s Sponsors by OsusuMustFlow(f): 5:12pm On Jun 07, 2016
Boko Haram picks Buhari to moderate talks with govt

http://thenationonlineng.net/boko-haram-picks-buhari-to-moderate-talks-with-govt/

Omonigeriarere:

Give me a fact and not a beer palour gist: once a wailing zombie, always a wailing zombie.

Islamic sect Boko Haram yesterday opted for dialogue with the Federal Government, picking former military leader Gen. Muhammadu Buhari as mediator.

Buhari contested last year’s presidential election on the platform of Congress for Progressive Change (CPC) against President Goodluck Jonathan.

Boko Haram also proposed Saudi Arabia for the talks, which the government had for long suggested to ascertain the sect’s grievances.

Others, it suggested as mediators are Dr. Shettima Ali Monguno, Senator Bukar Abba Ibrahim, Ambassador Gaji Galtimari, Mrs Aisha Alkali Wakil and her husband Alkali Wakil.

Boko Haram named Abu Mohammed Ibn Abdulaziz, said to be the next in command to its leader, Abubakar Shekau, as leader of its team to the talks. He will be joined by Abu Abbas, Sheik Ibrahim Yusuf, Sheik Sani, Kantagora and the detained Mamman Nur.

Ibn Abdulaziz, who spoke in a tele-conference with reporters in Maiduguri, Borno State, also called for the arrest of former Governor Ali Modu Sheriff, but gave no reason for the demand.

He also asked for compensation for families of killed Boko Haram members and the release of those in detention.

In a swift reaction, the Presidency welcomed Boko Haram’s change in position, reiterating its commitment to peace and Justice.

A statement last night by presidential spokesman Reuben Abati reads: “Yes, I have seen the story in which the Boko Haram is reportedly declaring a ceasefire and the opening of dialogue. I think it is important to restate the position of government in this matter.

“The Federal Government is committed to peace and security for the benefit of all Nigerians. If what the proposed ceasefire is intended to achieve are the objectives of peace and security, then it is a welcome development.

“Don’t forget that President Jonathan had made it clear that if the people behind Boko Haram are ready to come forward, and table their grievances, then government will be willing to listen to those grievances.

“There have been attempts before now, by concerned persons to reach out to the Boko Haram through back channels, in response to government’s call that all efforts should be made to resolve the problem. I suspect that this latest development may be related to that.

“Definitely, government is determined to ensure peace, peace, and peace, and protect the rule of law, and at the same time, see that justice is done where wrongs have been committed.”

Despite a shift in its hardline position, Boko Haram’s command and control structure remains a mystery.

Abdulaziz, who spoke on its behalf yesterday is unknown to the media.

Ibn Abdulaziz said: “We are not actually challenging the state, as people are saying, but the security (forces) who are killing our members, children and wives.”

“We are highly offended but if this government is sincere, everything (the attacks) will come to an end. We want to dialogue but government must show sincerity in its handling of the situation.”

The call came through the channels that Boko Haram usually communicates with reporters, but not from its spokesman who uses the nom de guerre Abul Qaqa in such calls. Ibn Abdulaziz, who claimed to speak on Shekau’s behalf, did not call for the implementation of Shariah law across Nigeria, a long-term demand of the sect.
Re: FG Vows To Reveal Boko Haram’s Sponsors by OsusuMustFlow(f): 5:14pm On Jun 07, 2016
CC: Omonigeriarere are you ok now?
Re: FG Vows To Reveal Boko Haram’s Sponsors by Omonigeriarere: 5:29pm On Jun 07, 2016
OsusuMustFlow:

Boko Haram picks Buhari to moderate talks with govt

http://thenationonlineng.net/boko-haram-picks-buhari-to-moderate-talks-with-govt/

Islamic sect Boko Haram yesterday opted for dialogue with the Federal Government, picking former military leader Gen. Muhammadu Buhari as mediator.

Buhari contested last year’s presidential election on the platform of Congress for Progressive Change (CPC) against President Goodluck Jonathan.

Boko Haram also proposed Saudi Arabia for the talks, which the government had for long suggested to ascertain the sect’s grievances.

Others, it suggested as mediators are Dr. Shettima Ali Monguno, Senator Bukar Abba Ibrahim, Ambassador Gaji Galtimari, Mrs Aisha Alkali Wakil and her husband Alkali Wakil.

Boko Haram named Abu Mohammed Ibn Abdulaziz, said to be the next in command to its leader, Abubakar Shekau, as leader of its team to the talks. He will be joined by Abu Abbas, Sheik Ibrahim Yusuf, Sheik Sani, Kantagora and the detained Mamman Nur.

Ibn Abdulaziz, who spoke in a tele-conference with reporters in Maiduguri, Borno State, also called for the arrest of former Governor Ali Modu Sheriff, but gave no reason for the demand.

He also asked for compensation for families of killed Boko Haram members and the release of those in detention.

In a swift reaction, the Presidency welcomed Boko Haram’s change in position, reiterating its commitment to peace and Justice.

A statement last night by presidential spokesman Reuben Abati reads: “Yes, I have seen the story in which the Boko Haram is reportedly declaring a ceasefire and the opening of dialogue. I think it is important to restate the position of government in this matter.

“The Federal Government is committed to peace and security for the benefit of all Nigerians. If what the proposed ceasefire is intended to achieve are the objectives of peace and security, then it is a welcome development.

“Don’t forget that President Jonathan had made it clear that if the people behind Boko Haram are ready to come forward, and table their grievances, then government will be willing to listen to those grievances.

“There have been attempts before now, by concerned persons to reach out to the Boko Haram through back channels, in response to government’s call that all efforts should be made to resolve the problem. I suspect that this latest development may be related to that.

“Definitely, government is determined to ensure peace, peace, and peace, and protect the rule of law, and at the same time, see that justice is done where wrongs have been committed.”

Despite a shift in its hardline position, Boko Haram’s command and control structure remains a mystery.

Abdulaziz, who spoke on its behalf yesterday is unknown to the media.

Ibn Abdulaziz said: “We are not actually challenging the state, as people are saying, but the security (forces) who are killing our members, children and wives.”

“We are highly offended but if this government is sincere, everything (the attacks) will come to an end. We want to dialogue but government must show sincerity in its handling of the situation.”

The call came through the channels that Boko Haram usually communicates with reporters, but not from its spokesman who uses the nom de guerre Abul Qaqa in such calls. Ibn Abdulaziz, who claimed to speak on Shekau’s behalf, did not call for the implementation of Shariah law across Nigeria, a long-term demand of the sect.

[b] 1. Azazi blames Boko Haram attacks on PDP

The retired General made this known during the second day of the South-south economic summit where the collapse of the nation’s security challenge was deliberated on.

Tracing the rise of Boko Haram’s attack, the chief security adviser to the president stated that “the extent of violence did not increase in Nigeria until when there was a declaration by the current president that he was going to contest.”

“PDP got it wrong from the beginning, from the on-set by saying Mr A can rule, Mr A cannot rule ……according to PDP’s convention, rules and regulation and not according to the constitution and that created the climate for what has manifest itself, this way.”

He added that there is some level of political undertone to the problem.

He also noted that the bombings, suicide attacks and jail breaks that have been raging the northern part of the country “could be traced to the politics of exclusion of the PDP in the region.”

Blaming the notion of anointing candidates and the ‘do or die’ attitude of the political party, Retired General Azazi asked why “is it possible that somebody was thinking that only Mr. A could win, and that if he could not win, there would be problems in this society?”

“Let’s examine all these issues to see whether the level of violence in the North East just escalated because Boko Haram suddenly became better trained, better equipped and better funded, or something else was responsible.”

“It takes very long for somebody to be a sniper,” Mr. Azazi said.

He affirmed the level of sophistication of the group but also gave assurance that the government is aware of all their doings in a bid to addressing the issue. “I can assure you that Boko Haram can garner that level of sophistication over time, if it has not got it already. There are a lot we know that they are doing, and there are a lot that could be done to address the problem.”

“But, then I must also be quick to point out that today, even if all the leaders that we know in Boko Haram are arrested, I don’t think the problem would end, because there are tentacles. I don’t think that people would be satisfied, because the situations that created the problems are not just about the religion, poverty or the desire to rule Nigeria. I think it’s a combination of everything. Except you address all those things comprehensively, it would not work” he added.

On a final solution, the security adviser discourage just the use of force but called for a collective effort to address the economic problems of the north saying “it is not enough for us to have a problem in 2009 and you send soldiers to stop the situation, then tomorrow you drive everybody underground. You must look at what structures you need to put in place to address the problem holistically. There are economic problems in the North, which are not the exclusive prerogative of the Northerners. We must solve our problems as a country.”

He noted that the relationship between national security and development is inseparable, because “one cannot do without the other” the NSA said.

Source: https://www.nairaland.com/925178/boko-haram-pdp-pdp-boko

2. Ineffectual Buffon Warns Azazi after Revealing the truth - http://saharareporters.com/2012/04/28/jonathan-warns-nsa-azazi-over-anti-pdp-comment

resident Goodluck Jonathan has advised his National Security Adviser, General Andrew Owoye Azazi, to be careful about how he speaks in public because words can be dangerous.

Mr. Jonathan was speaking in Abuja today during a sympathy visit to the Abuja offices of ThisDay, which were destroyed in a Boko Haram bomb attack on Thursday, with several losses of life. He was responding to a comment by the NSA in Asaba on Friday that the struggle for power within ruling People’s Democratic Party (PDP) is responsible for the rise of terrorism in the country, and Mr. Jonathan said public officers are extremely careful because words are “extremely elastic.”

“Sometimes you have something in your mind that you want to communicate but the way you communicate it, different people will give different interpretation,” Jonathan said. “So until I read it. I don't believe that the National Security Adviser means that the practice in PDP are anti democratic...I still see that the PDP is one of the most democratic parties. So I don't believe that it is undemocratic practice in PDP that could give rise to Boko Haram or any other groups. Probably people need to ask NSA to maybe explain what he really mean.”

He maintained that Nigeria will conquer the terrorists because that is the trend in the world. His comment ran as follows:

“From the beginning of this terrorist attack, I have always maintained that terror attack in any part of the country is terror attack on all of us and indeed the whole world because terrorist method is to ensure they have maximum damage that the whole world will begin to look at their direction for relevance. You can see that this is a media house. Its not a government establishment. Media has to inform all of us about what is happening. And of course the media is now also a victim. And that is why we all as Nigerians, no matter what we do, where we come from, we must join hands in fighting this terror. I can assure you that we will get over it. Other nations have passed through it....and they were able to conquer it. We are working very hard. The security services are working very hard. So we will conquer it.”

Asked his views about the suggestion of some people who say that dialogue with Boko Haram may be the best option, Mr. Jonathan was ambivalent: “Yes they are correct to say we should dialogue and those who are saying we should not dialogue are also correct. When you have a terror situation, you also look at the global best practice all over the world. Most countries pass through that. Just like a war situation. You may dialogue. You may not dialogue depending on the circumstances. But we will exploit every means possible to bring this to an end.”

Also speaking at the event, the publisher of ThisDay Newspapers, Mr. Nduka Obaigbena, described the attack on ThisDay as an attack on everyone, and that his organization will continue to publish the truth and defend free speech because it is worth dying for.

“It’s an attack on all of us,” he said of the events of Thursday. “It’s an attack on the country. It’s an attack on free speech. It’s an attack on the media. But be rest assured that we will never surrender...As I said before, what is not worth dying for is not worth living for. We will defend free speech. We will defend the conversation. We will publish the truth no matter what. We will never surrender.

3 JOnathan Admitted that they are in His Cabinet - http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/3360-boko-haram-has-infiltrated-my-government-says-jonathan.html

President Goodluck Jonathan today admitted that members of the extremist Boko Haram sect have succeeded in infiltrating his government, planting its members in government agencies and security outfits.

The president made the assertion during a church service at the National Ecumenical Centre as part of the annual Armed Forces remembrance day celebrations.

The deadly sect has become Nigeria’s biggest security challenge, operating in an amorphous manner and bombing innocent Nigerians at random, even in churches and mosques.

Government has so far been unable to contain the sect, halt its deadly activities and arrest what appears a slide to anarchy.

An obviously helpless Mr. Jonathan said he believed Boko Haram had sympathisers in government, national assembly and even security agencies.

He lamented that the Boko Haram threat was becoming worse than the Nigerian civil war in which over a million people were killed.

“During the civil war, we knew and we could even predict where the enemy was coming from,” the President said. “You can even know the route they are coming from, you can even know what calibre of weapon they will use and so on.”

He described the Boko Haram sect as mysterious, saying some people in the North had told him it was possible their children belong to the sect without them knowing about it.

“Some continue to dip their hands and eat with you and you won’t even know the person who will point a gun at you or plant a bomb behind your house,” Mr Jonathan added.

Meanwhile the spokesperson of the Joint Task Force in Borno State, Hassan Ifijeh, informed Premium Times that gunmen suspected to be members of the Boko Haram sect sunday attacked a military convoy which led to an exchange of fire in which three civilians were killed and seven persons injured. One of those injured is a soldier, Mr. Ifijeh said.

In the same vein, the Borno state Commissioner of Police, Simeon Midenda, told journalists in Maiduguri that members of the sect attacked a teashop on Saturday night in Biu town killed three people.

4. Finally, Azazi was killed for revealing the truth - http://newsrescue.com/ihejirika-order-murder-nsa-andrew-azazi-revelations-boko-haram/#axzz4AuagzZao

The extent of violence did not increase in Nigeria until there was a declaration by the current president that he was going to contest. PDP got it wrong from the beginning, from the on-set by saying Mr A can rule, Mr A cannot rule, Mr B can rule, Mr B cannot rule, according to PDP’s convention, rules and regulation and not according to the constitution {applause}and that created the climate for what has manifest itself, this way. I believe that there is some element of politicization. is it possible that somebody was thinking that only Mr. A could win, and if he did not win, there will be problems in this society.

Let’s examine all these issues to see whether the level of violence in the North East just escalated because Boko Haram suddenly became better trained, better equipped and better funded, and in any case how did they get it all done…{warning of Boko Haram becoming snipers – who could potentially target elite}

But, then I must also be quick to point out that today, even if all the leaders that we know in Boko Haram are arrested, I don’t think the problem would end, because there are tentacles. I don’t think that people would be satisfied, because the situations that created the problems are not just about the religion, poverty or the desire to rule Nigeria. I think it’s a combination of everything. Except you address all those things comprehensively, it would not work”

Read more: http://newsrescue.com/general-aliyu-mohammed-gusau-are-you-the-boko-haram-sponsor-azazi-inferred/#ixzz3CHC2wy4p

General Andrew Azazi was subsequently fired later that year and killed in a suspicious helicopter explosion before the year ended.

Read more: http://newsrescue.com/ihejirika-order-murder-nsa-andrew-azazi-revelations-boko-haram/#ixzz4Auapdrzy

[/b]

1 Like

Re: FG Vows To Reveal Boko Haram’s Sponsors by Mylove55(f): 5:31pm On Jun 07, 2016
OsusuMustFlow:
d sponsorers of avengers are also d sponsorer of boko haram and ipod, which are dansuki,madueke, and ineffectual buffoon, 3 of them must go to jail, even if d avengers bomb d whole of nigeria

1 Like 1 Share

Re: FG Vows To Reveal Boko Haram’s Sponsors by Nobody: 6:00pm On Jun 07, 2016
This govt's incompetence has clearly outshone its stupidity and lies.undecided
Re: FG Vows To Reveal Boko Haram’s Sponsors by orunto27: 6:16pm On Jun 07, 2016
We are waiting to know them. And they shall all die.

(1) (Reply)

Peter Obi Invited At The National Democratic Convention At Philadelphia, USA-PIX / When Maduekwe ‘reunites’ Patience Jonathan With Amaechi / Imo Speaker Is The Next President Of Commonwealth Parliamentary Assoc (pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.