Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,728 members, 7,809,776 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:42 PM

U.S. Statement Of Concern On Niger Delta Violence - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / U.S. Statement Of Concern On Niger Delta Violence (46023 Views)

Dino Melaye's ABU Statement Of Results (Photo) / Buhari Sharpens Focus On Niger Delta By Garba Shehu / U.S. Expresses Concern Over Niger Delta Violence (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

U.S. Statement Of Concern On Niger Delta Violence by StepTwo: 6:04pm On Jun 07, 2016
Press release

June 7, 2016

The U.S. Mission to Nigeria is monitoring reports of attacks and other incidents in the Niger Delta. We share the concerns of all Nigerians about these attacks.

Furthermore, the United States remains supportive of efforts, including the promotion of dialogue, to address grievances in the Niger Delta.

We encourage all parties to resolve their disputes through peaceful means and emphasize that human rights of all Nigerians must be protected.

We continue to call on all Nigerians to persevere in efforts to achieve common goals: to end violence and curb the activities of criminal elements; to establish conditions and mechanisms for profound, positive, and lasting changes in the region; and to provide economic opportunity and needed services for residents of the Niger Delta.

http://nigeria.usembassy.gov/mobile/pr_06072016.html

9 Likes 4 Shares

Re: U.S. Statement Of Concern On Niger Delta Violence by Nobody: 6:05pm On Jun 07, 2016
I tell una sey US dey come. When you hear the dreaded statement: "All parties must work together" like Libya, No sey Nigeria own don finish be that!

60 Likes 3 Shares

Re: U.S. Statement Of Concern On Niger Delta Violence by marv1: 6:07pm On Jun 07, 2016
Yeye
Re: U.S. Statement Of Concern On Niger Delta Violence by cckris: 6:39pm On Jun 07, 2016
How this one manage concern America?

Them support Buhari against Jonathan, refuse to SELL guns to fight Boko Haram. Abi Na America them get Boko?

When Buhari come win election, America them still no gree give'm loans to take hold body till things improve.

Americans bad, especially this Obama.

109 Likes 4 Shares

Re: U.S. Statement Of Concern On Niger Delta Violence by vedaxcool(m): 6:43pm On Jun 07, 2016
Let's hope the destroyers of pipelines would heed this good advice.

6 Likes

Re: U.S. Statement Of Concern On Niger Delta Violence by temptnow: 6:55pm On Jun 07, 2016
Can someone please tell US government that Buhari is an illiterate and a dullard

139 Likes 6 Shares

Re: U.S. Statement Of Concern On Niger Delta Violence by temptnow: 6:59pm On Jun 07, 2016
vedaxcool:
Let's hope the destroyers of pipelines would heed this good advice.
no, let's hope the dullard will have sense and know how to talk with his filled gworo mouth. 97% - 5% . How can 5% be feeding you 97% .

215 Likes 18 Shares

Re: U.S. Statement Of Concern On Niger Delta Violence by vedaxcool(m): 7:17pm On Jun 07, 2016
[s]
temptnow:
no let's hope the dullard will have sense and know how to talk with his filled gworo mouth. 97% - 5% . How can 5% be feeding you 97% .
[/s]

There is no greater disappointment than a father witnessing a child unable to make sensible statement on attaining adulthood.

108 Likes 13 Shares

Re: U.S. Statement Of Concern On Niger Delta Violence by Sweetlemon(f): 7:21pm On Jun 07, 2016
temptnow:
no let's hope the dullard will have sense and know how to talk with his filled gworo mouth. 97% - 5% . How can 5% be feeding you 97% .
When will you guys learn to stop picking just one sentence from a whole speech and exaggerating everything this man says.
I watched that video it's nothing like the way the media reported it. It was just a phrase from a full sentence. Haba!

36 Likes 3 Shares

Re: U.S. Statement Of Concern On Niger Delta Violence by Nobody: 7:31pm On Jun 07, 2016
Sweetlemon:

When will you guys learn to stop picking just one sentence from a whole speech and exaggerating everything this man says.
I watched that video it's nothing like the way the media reported it. It was just a phrase from a full sentence. Haba!
leave them. They are people who keep fooling themselves thinking they are fooling others. Their inability to stand by the truth is the reason they are always confused and supporting evil things that end up failing them. It is as a result of hate and greed. From biafra, to IPOB, to PDP, to GEJ and now NDA. They always fail and will continue to fail till the moment they realise that greed is their major problem. All they know how to do now is shout 5% as an excuse for their hatred. Didn't GEJ say worse things about the Yoruba's e.g amala and ewedu party, motor park touts etc? Did that make the yorubas hate him the way the igbos hate buhari? Did that make them support Boko Haram and all that was meant to undermine the government and Nigeria?

104 Likes 9 Shares

Re: U.S. Statement Of Concern On Niger Delta Violence by ofemigeorge(m): 7:54pm On Jun 07, 2016
angrythey just want to talk shaaa

2 Likes

Re: U.S. Statement Of Concern On Niger Delta Violence by englishmart(m): 7:55pm On Jun 07, 2016
forget USA. Them be thieves

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: U.S. Statement Of Concern On Niger Delta Violence by omolola15(m): 7:55pm On Jun 07, 2016
Please keep blowing exxon Mobil pipelines, keep kidnapping their staffs and watch the Americans come d for you.

1 Like

Re: U.S. Statement Of Concern On Niger Delta Violence by martineverest(m): 7:55pm On Jun 07, 2016
The devil behind d attack has spoken

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: U.S. Statement Of Concern On Niger Delta Violence by loomer: 7:56pm On Jun 07, 2016
And una wan tell me say foreign hand no dey inside this matter

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: U.S. Statement Of Concern On Niger Delta Violence by undefeated(m): 7:56pm On Jun 07, 2016
what's Nigeria's state of concern on America, Mtcheeew who America epp

6 Likes

Re: U.S. Statement Of Concern On Niger Delta Violence by bakry86: 7:56pm On Jun 07, 2016
w
Re: U.S. Statement Of Concern On Niger Delta Violence by Owode1: 7:56pm On Jun 07, 2016
This country should break up already.
The reason some ppl don't want it is cos they feel they/we are gonna loose out badly.
Truth is NOTHING is fvcking working in this z**
If I call Nigeria a zoo now, some ppl will misunderstand me. Shiorrrrrr

63 Likes 3 Shares

Re: U.S. Statement Of Concern On Niger Delta Violence by looseweight: 7:56pm On Jun 07, 2016
We don't need US in this matter

I too know too much for them

4 Likes

Re: U.S. Statement Of Concern On Niger Delta Violence by cold(m): 7:57pm On Jun 07, 2016
Hmmm..Mr president i know you can barely hear the cries of Nigerians now considering your circumstance. But hope you can see the pains your gross incompetence is inflicting? Or do you have glaucoma too?

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: U.S. Statement Of Concern On Niger Delta Violence by Nobody: 7:57pm On Jun 07, 2016
What US should know is that I and so many concerned mind want a country we believe in, A country we can defend if a matter of such occur, A country where the masses can access their representative and query them if there is need, A country where the people can have at least same belief system, tolerance toward life and property, a country where suffering masses can have their say without being term tribal,political or religious, A country where youths can have dreams and interest. We need a country like America where everybody strive to be independent and commit their quota to the goverment.
Obviously we are not anywhere near to all we want as youths. What we have present are leaders who clamour one Nigeria inorder to enrich their pockets. I cant tell Ekweremadu to fight for the large interest of Igbos because i know doing that might end his personal plan to be the Chairman of the senate neither will i tell Peter Obi to fight for my interest because i know his plan is to be president one day.. All of them are fighting for their pocket hence the need for them to shout One Nigeria everywhere they go.. We need bigger hands to handle our differences, hand that wont mediate with the corruption in the land, a voice that will speak the mind of the people and not his own selfish interest, An ear that will hear the cry of the masses and cry of those that lost their Loved ones to retain this entity. This is what we need.

21 Likes 3 Shares

Re: U.S. Statement Of Concern On Niger Delta Violence by Thomsyne(m): 7:57pm On Jun 07, 2016
These US ppl en... I no trust them.... Too many secrets and conspiracies surround them

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: U.S. Statement Of Concern On Niger Delta Violence by HazzanTazzan(m): 7:57pm On Jun 07, 2016
Asholeeees

1 Like

Re: U.S. Statement Of Concern On Niger Delta Violence by DeRuggedProf: 7:58pm On Jun 07, 2016
I no trust them.. undecided

3 Likes

Re: U.S. Statement Of Concern On Niger Delta Violence by Dallazday(m): 7:58pm On Jun 07, 2016
bloodyBLOGGER:
leave them. They are people who keep fooling themselves thinking they are fooling others. Their inability to stand by the truth is the reason they are always confused and supporting evil things that end up failing them. It is as a result of hate and greed. From biafra, to IPOB, to PDP, to GEJ and now NDA. They always fail and will continue to fail till the moment they realise that greed is their major problem. All they know how to do now is shout 5% as an excuse for their hatred. Didn't GEJ say worse things about the Yoruba's e.g amala and ewedu party, motor park touts etc? Did that make the yorubas hate him the way the igbos hate buhari? Did that make them support Boko Haram and all that was meant to undermine the government and Nigeria?
you are not making sense

118 Likes 12 Shares

Re: U.S. Statement Of Concern On Niger Delta Violence by greatness22(m): 7:58pm On Jun 07, 2016
They should shut the fvck up.

*in Robert Mugabe voice* "Stupiid americans" angry

4 Likes

Re: U.S. Statement Of Concern On Niger Delta Violence by Nobody: 7:58pm On Jun 07, 2016

Re: U.S. Statement Of Concern On Niger Delta Violence by sonnie10: 7:58pm On Jun 07, 2016
Unbiased statement. Lets award points on each sentence at a time:

The U.S. Mission to Nigeria is monitoring reports of attacks and other incidents in the Niger Delta..... NEUTRAL

We share the concerns of all Nigerians about these attacks. ........NEUTRAL

Furthermore, the United States remains supportive of efforts, including the promotion of dialogue, to address grievances in the Niger Delta.....ONE POINT FOR NIGER DELTA

We encourage all parties to resolve their disputes through peaceful means and emphasize that human rights of all Nigerians must be protected. ....NEUTRAL

We continue to call on all Nigerians to persevere in efforts to achieve common goals: to end violence and curb the activities of criminal elements; to establish conditions and mechanisms for profound, positive, and lasting changes in the region; .......ONE POINT FOR FGN

and to provide economic opportunity and needed services for residents of the Niger Delta.... SECOND POINT FOR NIGER DELTA

It's a tie

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: U.S. Statement Of Concern On Niger Delta Violence by OHIsIManuEL(m): 7:58pm On Jun 07, 2016
Re: U.S. Statement Of Concern On Niger Delta Violence by druboon404: 7:58pm On Jun 07, 2016
We continue to call on all Nigerians to persevere in
efforts to achieve common goals: to end violence and
curb the activities of criminal elements;
to establish
conditions and mechanisms for profound, positive, and
lasting changes in the region; and to provide economic
opportunity and needed services for residents of the
Niger Delta.
Avenger avenger avenger.....
Anyway,...
I voted for Buhari a fulani man, I can't remember voting for
merlin or a miracle worker. So I never expected Merlin's
magic or miracles to happen, I voted for change and not
magic.16 years misrule can not be repaired in 1 year so
Nigerians let's be patient.......
#IStandWithBuhari# let the
haters and Wailers continue wailing pdp 16 yrs of looting
and misrule they are looking for APC magician to fix it in a
year. Yeye.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: U.S. Statement Of Concern On Niger Delta Violence by Frank3n2(m): 7:58pm On Jun 07, 2016
Ok
Re: U.S. Statement Of Concern On Niger Delta Violence by CXLVII: 7:58pm On Jun 07, 2016
temptnow:

Sweetlemon:

Dude is a dullard himself. Hurts to know he has the effrontery to accuse others of being in his state

7 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Obiano Chilling With His Family At Their Texas Residence / Lai Mohammed Exposes Politicians Sponsoring Herdsmen Crisis / 2019:fayose Receives Atiku At Akure Airport For Southwest Pdp Campaign(photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.