Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,180 members, 7,818,564 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:52 PM

Why Don't Nigerian Drivers Pay Attention To Zebra Crossing?? - Car Talk (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Why Don't Nigerian Drivers Pay Attention To Zebra Crossing?? (9048 Views)

Iceland Tests ‘floating’ Zebra Crossing To Slow Down Speeding Drivers / How Nigerian Drivers Damage Nigerian Roads With Winter Tyres / Are Nigerian Drivers Graduating From Double Parking To Triple Parking? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Don't Nigerian Drivers Pay Attention To Zebra Crossing?? by toprealman: 9:17am On Jun 09, 2016
>80% of drivers have no clue what it represents reason being that many drivers are either self taught or by friends.

1 Like

Re: Why Don't Nigerian Drivers Pay Attention To Zebra Crossing?? by NigerianScholar: 9:19am On Jun 09, 2016
jaykaylegend:
I've always wondered why Nigerian drivers don't acknowledge zebra crossing lines in Nigeria...

for example, yesterday I wanted to cross a road, me and a couple of others had started crossing on the zebra lines when some motorists started speeding towards us and they even abused us that if we want to die she should go to our houses and die ooooo...

though its not the first time it is happening to me but I often wonder why most drivers don't acknowledge it...

is it due to negligence or ignorance??

lalasticlala, marpol, mynd44
Its called zebra crossing in the western world. In Nigeria, na tomtom advert

1 Like

Re: Why Don't Nigerian Drivers Pay Attention To Zebra Crossing?? by 9t9jacobs: 9:25am On Jun 09, 2016
But when you put signs like 'Herdsmen Crossing'..all Nigerian drivers will find alternative route sharp sharp and leave the road for all man!
Re: Why Don't Nigerian Drivers Pay Attention To Zebra Crossing?? by TrollTrap: 9:30am On Jun 09, 2016
sokera:
The fact is every zebra crossing should have a traffic light , you can't just jump on the road because you see the zebra crossing sigh but it is in Nigeria you see a zebra crossing sigh without a traffic light ...
Lol zebra crossing don't usually have traffic lights
Re: Why Don't Nigerian Drivers Pay Attention To Zebra Crossing?? by TrollTrap: 9:37am On Jun 09, 2016
Sometimes I wonder how people behind wheels obtain their drivers license in Nigeria... sad
Do you do the test (theory&practical)
Do you even know the highway codes and stuff or you just walk into the license place and pay to collect your license
Re: Why Don't Nigerian Drivers Pay Attention To Zebra Crossing?? by banio: 9:42am On Jun 09, 2016
Nigerians don't give a fvvk about Zebra Crossing. I stopped behind a car at a Zebra crossing. The next thing a car bombed into me from behind. The driver started shouting, that I marched automatic break. The damage on his car was massive, at least he would spend #50K to fix it. People around came and insulted the guy, I was too shocked. I just entered my car and drove away. My car did not have much dent.
Re: Why Don't Nigerian Drivers Pay Attention To Zebra Crossing?? by GeneralShepherd(m): 9:49am On Jun 09, 2016
sokera:
The fact is every zebra crossing should have a traffic light , you can't just jump on the road because you see the zebra crossing sigh but it is in Nigeria you see a zebra crossing sigh without a traffic light ...

This is untrue, in England, there are no traffic lights at Zebra crossings.

1 Like

Re: Why Don't Nigerian Drivers Pay Attention To Zebra Crossing?? by allaboutobed(m): 9:59am On Jun 09, 2016
AfroMighty:
80% of Nigeria drivers know nothing like traffic rules and signs. So don't try mess with them all in the name of you are literate and you know traffic rules and regulations. You will just get killed
seriously u are correct. to avoid story that touch just behave ur self.
Re: Why Don't Nigerian Drivers Pay Attention To Zebra Crossing?? by allaboutobed(m): 10:04am On Jun 09, 2016
ibez007:
Zebra crossing keh?!, for where?
Nigeria?!

**puueeh...

Even, If every driver Follows traffic rules........

Beware of DANGOTE.

**ar don talk My own b dat.
I tell u. those guys kill n maim many souls
Re: Why Don't Nigerian Drivers Pay Attention To Zebra Crossing?? by richcasey: 10:04am On Jun 09, 2016
Nigerian drivers don't pay attention to anything
Re: Why Don't Nigerian Drivers Pay Attention To Zebra Crossing?? by Kenniexpress(m): 10:21am On Jun 09, 2016
Oga op, you funny o! U jus come naija? Our Economy dom make gbogbo people abnormal. Zebra ko horse ni, go follow zebra crossing, where baba risikat carry im danfo dey pass naa! E go jam u , curse u on top! U no dey see? Naija i hail! grin
Re: Why Don't Nigerian Drivers Pay Attention To Zebra Crossing?? by Oluschenco(m): 10:39am On Jun 09, 2016
cos some haven't set their eyes on zebra in their life.
Re: Why Don't Nigerian Drivers Pay Attention To Zebra Crossing?? by dom(m): 10:53am On Jun 09, 2016
In the 80s there was a lot of media sensitisation about zebra crossings. So adherence was pretty high. But these days, how many zebra crossings de naija. Most have been washed off, and Govt no send. I can count the number of zebra crossings in abuja, despite its rich network of roads. Another factor is the prevailing use of traffic lights. The modern ones come with pedestrian lights too.
Re: Why Don't Nigerian Drivers Pay Attention To Zebra Crossing?? by 0ubenji(m): 1:12pm On Jun 09, 2016
Some NLanders no even sabi wetin dat tin mean until today I bet.. Make una dey hide under the name of "humor" wit una. Comments oo
Re: Why Don't Nigerian Drivers Pay Attention To Zebra Crossing?? by 0ubenji(m): 1:13pm On Jun 09, 2016
richcasey:
Nigerian drivers don't pay attention to anything
Chebi. Dat one driver wey even knw wetin e mean gan..lol
Re: Why Don't Nigerian Drivers Pay Attention To Zebra Crossing?? by lond07: 2:00pm On Jun 09, 2016
AfroMighty:
80% of Nigeria drivers know nothing like traffic rules and signs. So don't try mess with them all in the name of you are literate and you know traffic rules and regulations. You will just get killed

I think you must be generous to say 80% know nothing about the traffic/highway codes. I would say 97%. And that is because there is no assessment of any form before the authorities issued driving licenses. Not even a check on the physical or mental ability. No wonder there will always be high rates of avoidable mishaps on the roads.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Traffic Offences In Lagos State According To Lastma / Why Are BMW Cars Going Extinct On Nigerian Roads. / David Oyedepo Car Collection: Why He Has So Many Luxury Cars?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.