Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,157 members, 7,953,594 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 08:04 PM

How Modern Miracle Evangelism Works (Video) - Religion (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How Modern Miracle Evangelism Works (Video) (50357 Views)

Woman Rains Curses On Another Lady For Not Believing Her Pastor's Miracle.Photos / Nigerian Pastor Performs Miracle On The Street Of London (pics, Video) / The Church And Evangelism Today (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Modern Miracle Evangelism Works (Video) by hopara1(m): 6:53pm On Jun 10, 2016
Elohim1:
Not Really But For Prevention Of Sickness If That "SICKNESS" Wasn't That Serious They Wont Give Out Immunization
Ok
Re: How Modern Miracle Evangelism Works (Video) by omojeesu(m): 7:20pm On Jun 10, 2016
Elohim1:
Meaning?? No Evidence Meaning It Didn't Happen All Based On Assumption "Devil" Don Suffer O

Are you devil's advocate?
Re: How Modern Miracle Evangelism Works (Video) by omojeesu(m): 7:23pm On Jun 10, 2016
analice107:

Really? Are you sure of that? Do you know who Jannes and Jambres are or were? Those magicians in Pharaohs palace counterfeiting Moses' Miracles, where they working for you?
Hmmm, are you advocating for Satan? Let's know so that we know from which angle to tackle you.

I am on the Lord's side. Dont misunderstand me. Bless you.
Re: How Modern Miracle Evangelism Works (Video) by Nobody: 7:25pm On Jun 10, 2016
omojeesu:

Are you devil's advocate?
Common How Will I Be An Advocate For Something That Doesn't Exist
Re: How Modern Miracle Evangelism Works (Video) by Nobody: 7:30pm On Jun 10, 2016
Really? Are you sure of that? Do you know who Jannes
and Jambres are or were? Those magicians in Pharaohs
palace counterfeiting Moses' Miracles, where they
working for you?
Hmmm, are you advocating for Satan? Let's know so
that we know from which angle to tackle you.
Good Think U Call Them "Magic" Cause That's What They All Are! I Can Also Do Cards Trick Lol Otondo No Go Learn
Re: How Modern Miracle Evangelism Works (Video) by analice107: 7:48pm On Jun 10, 2016
omojeesu:

I am on the Lord's side. Dont misunderstand me. Bless you.
God bless you. Maranatha
Re: How Modern Miracle Evangelism Works (Video) by analice107: 7:50pm On Jun 10, 2016
Akshow:
Now this really got me cracking grin grin grin Divine Health indeed. grin
You wouldn't know anything about it. And this the last a respond to you.
Re: How Modern Miracle Evangelism Works (Video) by analice107: 7:55pm On Jun 10, 2016
Weah96:

Got it. Not even Bengay ointment, Vick's, or Mentholatum, right?
None
Re: How Modern Miracle Evangelism Works (Video) by deekseen(m): 8:08pm On Jun 10, 2016
Akshow:
OK. Here's is a question for you. Do you agree that if you had been born say for example in the north to a hausa family, u would probably be a muslim and swear it is the best religion?
Good thing I was born in Lagos and I grew up with Muslims too. I attended public schools where they recited portions of the Quran and say the hymns every other week. A student either took CRK or IRK as they were called then. As part of cocurricullar activities, you either chose The young Christian Fellowship or the Muslim students society. I had friends from muslim homes who attended churches.

My parents were just church goers, well, my father hardly went to church. We never said family prayers until few years ago. My parents were liberal. If I had become an atheist, they would have done nothing about it.

But the word of God is spirit, when it hit us, it changed us. I didn't become a Christian because of miracles or prophecies.
Re: How Modern Miracle Evangelism Works (Video) by ifenes(m): 8:18pm On Jun 10, 2016
It's time I became a pastor. Too many gullible folks to feed on.

4 Likes

Re: How Modern Miracle Evangelism Works (Video) by Rawblings(m): 9:16pm On Jun 10, 2016
mine is five years now. God is in control
analice107:

No form of medication has entered my mouth since October 1st 2014 till date, and will not enter till I beat my target of 10years. from then, I will open another health programme.
Re: How Modern Miracle Evangelism Works (Video) by Isaacmacdon(m): 11:41pm On Jun 10, 2016
Faith kips getting stronga! Jesus is Lord. Cc analice107
Re: How Modern Miracle Evangelism Works (Video) by analice107: 11:42pm On Jun 10, 2016
Rawblings:
mine is five years now. God is in control
See? It works. Praise God.
Am with you brother.
Then that know their God shall be strong and do exploits.

1 Like

Re: How Modern Miracle Evangelism Works (Video) by InesQor(m): 12:29am On Jun 11, 2016
Seun:
You may recognize some of the techniques demonstrated by former evangelist Marjoe Gortner in this excerpt from his 1972 documentary:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s-NwKD9laZw

Not so "modern" actually.

Barely a decade after this, Peter Popoff (healer and televangelist) was caught by Randi and an electronics technician receiving divine revelations using radio communication from his wife Elizabeth backstage - who was reading out people's names and issues to him.

If that happened in 1987 I wonder what might be going on now, with our modern technology.

This however does not necessarily mean all are fakes.

1 Like

Re: How Modern Miracle Evangelism Works (Video) by analice107: 8:56am On Jun 11, 2016
Isaacmacdon:
Faith kips getting stronga! Jesus is Lord.
Cc analice107
Well?

1 Like

Re: How Modern Miracle Evangelism Works (Video) by Seun(m): 1:14pm On Jun 11, 2016
InesQor:

Not so "modern" actually.

Barely a decade after this, Peter Popoff (healer and televangelist) was caught by Randi and an electronics technician receiving divine revelations using radio communication from his wife Elizabeth backstage - who was reading out people's names and issues to him.

If that happened in 1987 I wonder what might be going on now, with our modern technology.

This however does not necessarily mean all are fakes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q7BQKu0YP8Y

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Modern Miracle Evangelism Works (Video) by Nobody: 5:33pm On Jun 11, 2016
Seun:
Matthew 24:11 - And many false prophets shall rise, and shall deceive many.

Seun... How do you know a real pastor?
Re: How Modern Miracle Evangelism Works (Video) by Nobody: 8:04pm On Jun 11, 2016
Seun:

John 8:32 Then you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free.”
Free from what?
Re: How Modern Miracle Evangelism Works (Video) by Nobody: 8:08pm On Jun 11, 2016
vchykp:
thier r stil some real ones out thier tho... may God help us in dix endtime
how will you identify d real ones ?
Re: How Modern Miracle Evangelism Works (Video) by InesQor(m): 10:41pm On Jun 11, 2016
Re: How Modern Miracle Evangelism Works (Video) by KingEbukaNaija: 6:07pm On Jun 12, 2016
Ranchhoddas:
This is a feeble attempt at evading the question. You and your brother in Christ KingEbuka possess similar evasion techniques. So I ask again, where were you and powers of healing when Ebola threatened to reduce our population? Answer the question and stop saying thrash!

Ebola patients were sequestered by the government in hospitals to preclude the disease from spreading . Some Ebola patients recovered mysteriously - the nature of the disease makes recovery very difficult.
Re: How Modern Miracle Evangelism Works (Video) by Joagbaje(m): 2:41pm On Jun 14, 2016
Seun:
You may recognize some of the techniques demonstrated by former evangelist Marjoe Gortner in this excerpt from his 1972 documentary:

Matthew 13:24-30
Another parable put he forth unto them, saying, The kingdom of heaven is likened unto a man which sowed good seed in his field: But while men slept, his enemy came and sowed tares among the wheat, and went his way. But when the blade was sprung up, and brought forth fruit, then appeared the tares also. So the servants of the householder came and said unto him, Sir, didst not thou sow good seed in thy field? from whence then hath it tares? -- He said unto them, An enemy hath done this. The servants said unto him, Wilt thou then that we go and gather them up? But he said, Nay; lest while ye gather up the tares, ye root up also the wheat with them. Let both grow together until the harvest: and in the time of harvest I will say to the reapers, Gather ye together first the tares, and bind them in bundles to burn them: but gather the wheat into my barn.

INTERPRETATION

Matthew 13:35-40
. He answered and said unto them, He that soweth the good seed is the Son of man; -- The field is the world; the good seed are the children of the kingdom; but the tares are the children of the wicked one; -- The enemy that sowed them is the devil; the harvest is the end of the world; and the reapers are the angels. As therefore the tares are gathered and burned in the fire; so shall it be in the end of this world.
Re: How Modern Miracle Evangelism Works (Video) by urahara(m): 3:06pm On Jun 14, 2016
Seun:

Hmmn.

These techniques are used by all pastors . people just taking advantage of peoples gullibility.

Hardmirror come and see oo

1 Like

Re: How Modern Miracle Evangelism Works (Video) by urahara(m): 3:10pm On Jun 14, 2016
Elohim1:
Lol U R Making Me Laugh O Did Not That Same Jesus Say To His Disciples Verily verily I Tell You Your Days Shall Not Pass When The Son Of Man Will Return??

It was figurative naw grin grin
Re: How Modern Miracle Evangelism Works (Video) by urahara(m): 3:16pm On Jun 14, 2016
analice107:

Sis. What's fake about it? And is falling under anointing miracle?

I was a sceptic like you when I first ventured into pentecostalism some years back. Exactly your stance, because we were raised from childhood to deride the supernatural. Make fun of the Holy Spirit in a subtle way.

I will banter with my cousins and make fun of them and their pastor pushing people down, until one day.
Funny enough, I still followed them to their church, I liked the music, and boisterousness of their services didn't go down well with me at first, but with time, I started enjoying it, but not the sermon or their Pastor.
Like I said, one day, we went, I still remember the sermon like yesterday, the passage preached on was Isaiah chpt 6 from 1-6.
Before that day, I wont give attention to what the pastor said, but that day, when I had decided he was fake and a false prophet with powers from Satan to perform fake miracles, and shd hurry up so that we left, I heard a voice said to me,
"Does he need powers to preach the word of God? How many sensational miracles has he performed since you were here?"

Right there, it dawn on me that he doesn't really perform any outrageous miracles, but merely preach the word. So, for the first time, I listened to him. When he was down, we were asked to stand to our feet, the man prayed a prayer, asked the Holy Spirit to purify anyone with an 'unclean anything' and who is willing to be free.
No one was touched, he didn't even step down from the alter, I was sitting far behind, standing by myself, I didn't know how it happened, I was flattened on the floor. What?, I quickly jumped up, I went down again the second time and remained there for a while, later an usher helped me up. Every bone in me felt like wax. While I laid there, I think something else happened to me inside. When I left the place that night, I felt a certain way that I couldn't explain. My cousins laughed until we got home. I was basking inside with a new 'thing'. I was happy. Very happy, over what exactly,? I couldn't tell.
The next day, I wanted to read the Bible, I didn't have one, I borrowed. That was how it all began.

If you stand outside looking in, none of it will make sense to you. The supernatural is real.

Good girl
Re: How Modern Miracle Evangelism Works (Video) by analice107: 5:41pm On Jun 14, 2016
urahara:

Good girl
Your Perception of me doesn't matter, not in this life or in the one to come.
Re: How Modern Miracle Evangelism Works (Video) by HardMirror(m): 6:10pm On Jun 14, 2016
urahara:

Hmmn.

These techniques are used by all pastors . people just taking advantage of peoples gullibility.

Hardmirror come and see oo
Late comer.
U just dey see the thread? Lol
Re: How Modern Miracle Evangelism Works (Video) by urahara(m): 7:10pm On Jun 14, 2016
HardMirror:

Late comer.
U just dey see the thread? Lol

I just dey see am o.

The pastor kind of reminded me of u . not that u were a fraudulent pastor but that you were able to make people " misbehave " grin( lol. I learnt this word from u )
. misbehave , under the power of the holy ghost.
Re: How Modern Miracle Evangelism Works (Video) by urahara(m): 7:11pm On Jun 14, 2016
I see u oo , Auntty cloud godess , good evening , grin

Ya food have set in johnnys songs of the world thread
Re: How Modern Miracle Evangelism Works (Video) by HardMirror(m): 7:28pm On Jun 14, 2016
urahara:

I just dey see am o.

The pastor kind of reminded me of u . not that u were a fraudulent pastor but that you were able to make people " misbehave " grin( lol. I learnt this word from u )
. misbehave , under the power of the holy ghost.
Na so
Re: How Modern Miracle Evangelism Works (Video) by urahara(m): 7:49pm On Jun 14, 2016
HardMirror:

Na so

Oga hard mirror . i just read marjoes Wikipedia page . it said he was able to earn his parents 3 million dollars .

So am thinking , why dont we take up a pastors job . nothing is stoping us , there is a lot of gullibe in this country.

Imagine how much money we could earn.

We would blow pass dangote sef .
Re: How Modern Miracle Evangelism Works (Video) by HardMirror(m): 8:48pm On Jun 14, 2016
urahara:

Oga hard mirror . i just read marjoes Wikipedia page . it said he was able to earn his parents 3 million dollars .

So am thinking , why dont we take up a pastors job . nothing is stoping us , there is a lot of gullibe in this country.

Imagine how much money we could earn.

We would blow pass dangote sef .

Johnydon22, hahn, frank417 and co, I will be moving into the next phase. Many atheist don't know why it is important we do what we do online. We most expose the lies of the wicked.
I have seen no greater wickedness than I have seen in the church. I am sooo privileged. I shall not rest in my mission. I aim not to cripple christianity, but I shall expose the lies of the church! I shall expose how people are manipulated! With every atom in me, I am disgusted by the lies of the church! The church leaders are nothing but a pit of vipers. Why do I do what I do? Cos I have seen everything there is to see. Only those who have not given their all will think there is a god of the bible. The psychology of self bondage is almost perfect, the reason why many think there must be truth to be discovered at the end.

2 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Japa: Rev Esther Ajayi Advises Nigerian Couples Against Relocating Abroad / Chris Okotie Drives Himself To Church (see Photos) / Woman Gets A Call And Text Messages From 'Satan'

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.