Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,238 members, 7,818,804 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:37 AM

You Don't Need Prophets: Niger Delta People's Suffering Is Just Beginning (photo - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / You Don't Need Prophets: Niger Delta People's Suffering Is Just Beginning (photo (8760 Views)

Tompolo's 46th Birthday: Niger Delta People Celebrate On The Streets Of Warri / Delta People Celebrate Ali Modu Sheriff's Victory In Court Today (Photos / Amaechi Meets Niger Delta People Over Socio-Economic Direction Of The Region (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: You Don't Need Prophets: Niger Delta People's Suffering Is Just Beginning (photo by dukie25: 6:23pm On Jun 11, 2016
Sanchez01:

Another Urhobo man speaking: So all of a sudden, you realize a lot is wrong with our region, but never bothered to come here to complain when that idiot_ called Jonathan was there? A son if the creek was in office for five years and he pretended like we never existed. How about talking about the money meant for the good people of the region, particularly these core riverine areas being quashed by Tompolo Asari Domino, Boyloaf and a host of other thugs who perfectly diverted these resources to enriching their families? So because a Northerner is there now, we must realize that something is wrong with us and the problem is the FG who has seen one of our own there? Please wake up and don't be sentiment. The Biafra advocates here would cheer you but would any of them say the problem has been us ourselves? Trust me, the oil we have today would be our undoing if we breakaway. You would agree with me that we are nothing if the oil dries up. Secession will never guarantee us peace as the militants and their heads would seek to control the government.

Let us blame the FG for what is left of our region as saddening and heartbreaking, but then again, those who claimed to be fighting for us overtime have sat on the pipe to prevent the even flow of resources to the wretched ones in the riverine areas.
You're no different from the OP then. You blame Jonathan for his inability to transform Niger Delta yet ignore the challenges and obstacles that were put before him. How long would Jonathan have lasted if he concentrated on the Delta considering the SW and the north never gave him a chance from day one?
How come OBJ didn't transform Ogun state, he ruled for a total of 11yrs (3yrs in the 70s).
Those who wants to enslave you tells you to blame Tompolo while they celebrate their own thieves like Tinubu.
How come the Yorubas don't have "SELF HATE" like you and the OP?
Northerners ruled Nigeria for 40yrs and are still the poorest, how come they still root for their people to stay in power?
You're allowing local rivalry to becloud your judgement to see the bigger picture. I have enough intelligence not to listen to people like yourself suffering from "SELF HATE"
Re: You Don't Need Prophets: Niger Delta People's Suffering Is Just Beginning (photo by Omeny: 6:49pm On Jun 11, 2016
ashjay001:

Scared bi ti ba wo? That's d only stable place in d whole of Naija, presently! Though, we're hungry, we're yet to resort to violence and economic sabotage to pass any message across! Everybody, seems to be heading to d SW presently!

When you say sw, mention the exact place that pple are running to! Is it Osogbo,Ife,Ibadan,Akure,Sagamu,Abeokuta or where?
Is it not Lagos?
Our former capital city that was built with our common-wealth?
Abi you think your pple are the ones that built Fed schs,Luth,Air-port,Bridges,Barracks,Old ministries complexes,Sea ports etc!
My Brother? Your hate for foreigners into lagos never start,you and your likes go hate tire because more Citizens of Nigeria and beyond are on their way to lagos!
Re: You Don't Need Prophets: Niger Delta People's Suffering Is Just Beginning (photo by Omeny: 6:54pm On Jun 11, 2016
dukie25:

You're no different from the OP then. You blame Jonathan for his inability to transform Niger Delta yet ignore the challenges and obstacles that were put before him. How long would Jonathan have lasted if he concentrated on the Delta considering the SW and the north never gave him a chance from day one?
How come OBJ didn't transform Ogun state, he ruled for a total of 11yrs (3yrs in the 70s).
Those who wants to enslave you tells you to blame Tompolo while they celebrate their own thieves like Tinubu.
Northerners ruled Nigeria for 40yrs, how come they still root for their people to stay in power?
You're allowing local rivalry to be cloud and see the bigger picture. I have enough intelligence not to listen to people like yourself suffering from "SELF HATE"

I see your points jharee Bro!

To them,
There are no thieves in sw ooo!
The Tinubus (The Jagaban,Biggest Landlord world-wide) Fasholas are the gods that must not be mention!

Let them not worry! We are all in it together!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: You Don't Need Prophets: Niger Delta People's Suffering Is Just Beginning (photo by goldman777: 6:59pm On Jun 11, 2016
Wat pains me is after they have destroyed their land that not even a lizard can survive there with oil pollution they will all run down to lagos and say its no man,s land.foolish people grin.later you will say yooluba man is the cause of your problems.

2 Likes

Re: You Don't Need Prophets: Niger Delta People's Suffering Is Just Beginning (photo by Sanchez01: 10:27pm On Jun 11, 2016
dukie25:

Northerners ruled Nigeria for 40yrs and are still the poorest, how come they still root for their people to stay in power?
You're allowing local rivalry to becloud your judgement to see the bigger picture. I have enough intelligence not to listen to people like yourself suffering from "SELF HATE"
I sincerely thought I was engaged with some with an objective mind, not until I went through your posts. Now, please note that there is a huge difference between the SW the North combined and the SS. It is always easier for a Northerner and someone for the SW to become the President or Vice, than for the SS to come back. Why is this so? Zoning is the simple answer here. The SS is a minority group just as over 200 other groups in Nigeria. From your posts and this, it is safe for me to say you belong to the tribe that sing the 'our brother' chorus. Some of us have managed to move from tribal and sectional politics, unlike your classical OBJ Vs North Vs Local rivalry chant as seen in the post. This has been the primary reason why the so-called SE is a political baby as far as politics in Nigeria is concerned. When you becloud your judgement with sentiments, you would only assume you're intelligent enough to know where others are coming, whereas you don't.

The essence of this thread is to address or, perhaps discuss the ND which those of us who are from there know quite well, not spite and cry over the SW and the North. I have no issues with these regions and people because they are not the sole purpose of this thread. We had our own in government, what did he do and what was his contribution towards developing the ND?

Just so you know, you may successfully paint yourself as one from the ND but your posts and your direction point towards that of another region. The SS, as a people, do not have issues with either the SW or the North, rather, the governments, both in the past and present, that have plunged the region into a state of infinite abyss. Biafra and the movement of the ND are not one and the same, and that the SE hate the SW and the North for no just reason does not imply that the SS will follow suit. We are more rational and analytical in our approach.

2 Likes

Re: You Don't Need Prophets: Niger Delta People's Suffering Is Just Beginning (photo by Sanchez01: 10:33pm On Jun 11, 2016
goldman777:
Wat pains me is after they have destroyed their land that not even a lizard can survive there with oil pollution they will all run down to lagos and say its no man,s land.foolish people grin.later you will say yooluba man is the cause of your problems.
Please ignore some of the charlatans gallivanting on the thread. I have been able to realize that Biafra war lords are claiming to be from the ND. No true son of the ND would blame another tribe for the state of his environment. Our problem is with the government and not the SW and the North as dukie25 and omeny are claiming. And please your generalization is totally uncalled for.

1 Like

Re: You Don't Need Prophets: Niger Delta People's Suffering Is Just Beginning (photo by ISpiksDaTroof: 10:34pm On Jun 11, 2016
gunuvi:
My brother, if the Niger delta secede from Nigeria. All those polution and clean up will be faster and they will finally enjoy their Gods given wealth. It is the lack of true federalism that is making the region experiencing all those woes now.

The "lack of true federalism" was also the reason why con-preacher Oritsejasatan used his Private jet to smuggle millions of dollars with Dasuki to South Africa?

May whatever you worship give you a tiny bit of sense.

2 Likes

Re: You Don't Need Prophets: Niger Delta People's Suffering Is Just Beginning (photo by Omeny: 11:07pm On Jun 11, 2016
Sanchez01:

Please ignore some of the charlatans gallivanting on the thread. I have been able to realize that Biafra war lords are claiming to be from the ND. No true son of the ND would blame another tribe for the state of his environment. Our problem is with the government and not the SW and the North as dukie25 and omeny are claiming. And please your generalization is totally uncalled for.

Watin concern me concern sw?
abi u well ni?
Re: You Don't Need Prophets: Niger Delta People's Suffering Is Just Beginning (photo by Omeny: 11:19pm On Jun 11, 2016
Sanchez01:

All I said is, u can go and lay claim to your village in the sw and not Lagos,Nigeria former capital city,that our common-wealth was used in developing! You now want to stop other Nigerians in lagos! They are here to hustle just like your self!
Why didn't you and your pple protest that you don't want lagos to be a capital city of Nigeria? You where enjoying it then abi?
I name few amenities that our FG built in lagos and are still building here and it's on record,if I made a mistake in any of this correct me pls!
You can't fight for lagos because you are fighting a lost battle!

Was it individuals FG gave monies to then?

It is NO!

We don't want money share to few individuals!

We want same thing in the Niger-Delta where the Petrol Dollars is coming from!

If don't get this,am sorry,I can't help you and no apology for that!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: You Don't Need Prophets: Niger Delta People's Suffering Is Just Beginning (photo by emorse(m): 12:32am On Jun 12, 2016
jamesibor:

Your question is answered in this video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TrCvmb48xb8

Hahahaha! First off, I didn't ask any questions. I merely stated facts according to budgit - an NGO.

Secondly, this video actually confirms my earlier points. That you're putting it up as an argument indicates that you either didn't watch it or you didn't watch it with an open mind. I'll try to analyse the video as best as I can.

1. Udenz Eradiri put forward a very solid argument but only in the first 30s. The FG really has to justify cutting the allocation for NDDC & ND ministry especially when this years budget is considerably larger than the recent past ones. However, as the interview went on, it was clear that he wasn't very honest with his arguments.

2. He blamed the FG for imposing leaders on ND states. Maybe in the past. But now? Really? The FG imposed Okowa, Wike, etc on N-Deltans? He also said NDDC, ND ministry etal are used to compensate failed politicians? I think this simply means all these people (our leaders) are not competent and have failed us over the years.

3. He raised the issue of the national confab report. *sighs* Bro, have you seen that report? The same confab that had no-go areas? Of what benefit do you think it will be to us? I would have preferred he touched on the PIB but he didn't probably because he knows that there's a bit of pressure on this assembly to pass that bill now.

4. The maritime university was his next point. The Niger-Delta university is there o. He doesn't care about the standard of education on offer there. Let's even admit that the standard of our education nationwide is low. Will the maritime university offer anything better? I think it is an issue because it involves construction work which is "food for the boys". I may be wrong though.

5. He said NDDC was set up to fail because it is used "to settle failed politicians". The same NDDC whose budget-cut was an issue in the first 30s of this video. Are you beginning to see my points clearly now?

6. From about 7:20 till the end, he was just all over the place. Commending PMB on a lot of things and in the same breath, blaming him for allowing the problems of the ND to fester for so long (after just one year in office).

In summary, I think its clear enough to the discerning mind that these people are fighting their personal battles as opposed to our collective.

1 Like

Re: You Don't Need Prophets: Niger Delta People's Suffering Is Just Beginning (photo by dukie25: 12:48am On Jun 12, 2016
Sanchez01:

I sincerely thought I was engaged with some with an objective mind, not until I went through your posts. Now, please note that there is a huge difference between the SW the North combined and the SS. It is always easier for a Northerner and someone for the SW to become the President or Vice, than for the SS to come back. Why is this so? Zoning is the simple answer here. The SS is a minority group just as over 200 other groups in Nigeria. From your posts and this, it is safe for me to say you belong to the tribe that sing the 'our brother' chorus. Some of us have managed to move from tribal and sectional politics, unlike your classical OBJ Vs North Vs Local rivalry chant as seen in the post. This has been the primary reason why the so-called SE is a political baby as far as politics in Nigeria is concerned. When you becloud your judgement with sentiments, you would only assume you're intelligent enough to know where others are coming, whereas you don't.

The essence of this thread is to address or, perhaps discuss the ND which those of us who are from there know quite well, not spite and cry over the SW and the North. I have no issues with these regions and people because they are not the sole purpose of this thread. We had our own in government, what did he do and what was his contribution towards developing the ND?

Just so you know, you may successfully paint yourself as one from the ND but your posts and your direction point towards that of another region. The SS, as a people, do not have issues with either the SW or the North, rather, the governments, both in the past and present, that have plunged the region into a state of infinite abyss. Biafra and the movement of the ND are not one and the same, and that the SE hate the SW and the North for no just reason does not imply that the SS will follow suit. We are more rational and analytical in our approach.

I accused you of SELF HATE and you didn't disappoint in your reply. You said this thread was meant to address ND issues and yet you titled the thread "You Don't Need Prophets: Niger Delta People's Suffering Is Just Beginning"
You expect intellectual discussion with that heading abi?

I read your post twice (so as to be sure), there was no place you attempted to answer the questions I raised. No attempt nothing, rather you went tangential, spewing rubbish that the reasons why someone from the ND can't rule is because of zoning. You didn't bother answering my question regarding how the North together with the west made Nigeria ungovernable for GEJ. You sidestepped my question regarding OBJ who ruled for a total of 11yrs with nothing tangible to show in his state of origin. If OBJ or Buhari can't show projects they initiated and finished while in power in their state of origin, why do you think Jonathan should have concentrated on the ND? Was Jonathan elected the president of ND?
You're Niger Deltan yet you're here trying to justify why Niger Deltans should hate Jonathans but also trying to absolve the north and the west for making Nigeria ungovernable for Jonathan.
You alleged my post history point to someone from another region, is that not laughable? Here you are denigrating the ND and yet people like me who call your kind to order are non Deltans but your ilk that ridicule the SS are the real sons of the soil, flawless logic isn't it?
The Igbos are not the ones begging the Nigerian army to reduce the ND to rubble.
You can go back to check my post history, am fiercely pro Igbo because they always side with minorities, if because am pro Igbo you wanna label me IPOB, no wahala you're welcomed. I will defend my region against anyone who means harm for my people, be they Yorubas or Hausas.

Anyone who is not from the SS but pretends he is, may his life and that of his unborn children be worthless in Jesus name. Amen.
Proudly Niger Deltan.
Re: You Don't Need Prophets: Niger Delta People's Suffering Is Just Beginning (photo by ashjay001(m): 11:11am On Jun 12, 2016
Omeny:

When you say sw, mention the exact place that pple are running to! Is it Osogbo,Ife,Ibadan,Akure,Sagamu,Abeokuta or where?
Is it not Lagos?
Our former capital city that was built with our common-wealth?
Abi you think your pple are the ones that built Fed schs,Luth,Air-port,Bridges,Barracks,Old ministries complexes,Sea ports etc!
My Brother? Your hate for foreigners into lagos never start,you and your likes go hate tire because more Citizens of Nigeria and beyond are on their way to lagos!

1. Calabar was once a federal capital! Go there too!

2. Mention one SW state capital that isn't filled with 'foreigners'?

3. I don't hate(not in ur face like 'foriegners'), I just want our hospitality to be reciprocated! The same way 'foreigners' claim son-of-d-soil in my lands, I want to be able to do same in their lands!

4. U 'foreigners' are making ur lands ungovernable and are running to mine and making my villages into towns! My family was looking for who to buy land at 10k/acre less than 10yrs ago they couldn't get, now they waiting for some 'foreigners' to outbid themselves!

Few from d SW will allow emotions get in d way of progress! Keep it real!
Re: You Don't Need Prophets: Niger Delta People's Suffering Is Just Beginning (photo by Omeny: 2:40pm On Jun 12, 2016
ashjay001:

1. Calabar was once a federal capital! Go there too!

2. Mention one SW state capital that isn't filled with 'foreigners'?

3. I don't hate(not in ur face like 'foriegners'), I just want our hospitality to be reciprocated! The same way 'foreigners' claim son-of-d-soil in my lands, I want to be able to do same in their lands!

4. U 'foreigners' are making ur lands ungovernable and are running to mine and making my villages into towns! My family was looking for who to buy land at 10k/acre less than 10yrs ago they couldn't get, now they waiting for some 'foreigners' to outbid themselves!

Few from d SW will allow emotions get in d way of progress! Keep it real!

Get out of my site my friend!

Your problem is HATE the earlier you purge yourself of it,the better for you!

If according to you, foreigners are in SW,then I beg you to take a visit to Abuja,Kano,Warri,Benin,Ph etc and see Yorubas in droves and other foreigners too,by then,your mindset will change!

I say this from experience! Show me a place where you don't have foreigners and I will show you the grave!
Re: You Don't Need Prophets: Niger Delta People's Suffering Is Just Beginning (photo by ashjay001(m): 7:29pm On Jun 12, 2016
Omeny:

Get out of my site my friend!

Your problem is HATE the earlier you purge yourself of it,the better for you!

If according to you, foreigners are in SW,then I beg you to take a visit to Abuja,Kano,Warri,Benin,Ph etc and see Yorubas in droves and other foreigners too,by then,your mindset will change!

I say this from experience! Show me a place where you don't have foreigners and I will show you the grave!

Omen, be happy! I'm not ur friend.
Re: You Don't Need Prophets: Niger Delta People's Suffering Is Just Beginning (photo by Omeny: 9:32pm On Jun 12, 2016
ashjay001:

Omen, be happy! I'm not ur friend.
Ok!
Pple like you can't be my friend!
Re: You Don't Need Prophets: Niger Delta People's Suffering Is Just Beginning (photo by Nobody: 10:27pm On Jun 12, 2016
All of una dey craze. The pipelines must be bombed grin
Re: You Don't Need Prophets: Niger Delta People's Suffering Is Just Beginning (photo by macluvph1(m): 8:22am On Jun 13, 2016
yesir:

I think you are still less than 30 years, In your widest imaginations you think Niger Delta will become a republic, ask your the elders around you there experienced on civil war.... Wake up

Lol, is that all you can come up with....

please you need to come up with a reasonable point ok.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

INEC Removes 190 Non-nigerians From Voter Register / How Can A Constituency Recall Their Representative? / Ngige Youth Stoning Story Fabricated !

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.