Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,287 members, 7,811,860 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 09:35 PM

I Am Beginning To Hate My Mother!!! - Family (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / I Am Beginning To Hate My Mother!!! (41065 Views)

I Am Beginning To Despise My Parents... Am I Overreacting? / Pls Help, My Mum Is Suffering From Megalomania And Am Begining To Hate Her. / I Am Beginning To Despise My Fiance' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Am Beginning To Hate My Mother!!! by joey150(m): 10:27pm On Jun 14, 2016
Yeah yeah! Everybody with their fairy tales about how they hustled and all..

Don't fall for that trick..most of them they their mama room currently they type that thing.

A parent should support a child if they can. I dont believe in that graduate and become alone bullshit.

As well as...every man for himself too.. Turn the hate to ginger and find your square root.

Peace!

6 Likes

Re: I Am Beginning To Hate My Mother!!! by Amicable24: 10:35pm On Jun 14, 2016
amicable09:

Ahn!
I came to encourage the OP when I saw a moniker like mine... I don't know how I feel seeing my 'moniker sake' grin... I feel like crying and laughing at the same time. cheesy

Nice moniker though.
OP, I'm happy your mum is making the house uncomfortable for you. You are too comfortable at home for a guy. I mean who comes out to say they are beginning to hate their mum because she's not giving him money for airtime? If it were she didn't give you transport money to go for test or interview in another state cos you've run out of savings I'd have said she overdid it but mere call card?

Upgrade your hate game!

Leave the house everyday! Engage yourself in sth productive whether you are paid or not and your mum will be happy. Try it for one month and you'll see changes.
Hi 'Monicker sake' grin grin grin
Re: I Am Beginning To Hate My Mother!!! by darlenese(f): 10:36pm On Jun 14, 2016
Its a pity that a graduate is reasoning this way, it shows how unproductive u are!

Instead of going out to hustle, u are sitting down, waiting for mummy to put food in your mouth !

What a pity!

Msheeeewwww
Re: I Am Beginning To Hate My Mother!!! by Nobody: 10:39pm On Jun 14, 2016
Some people would kill for what you have. Man up , be grateful and begin go find yourself. That's what being a man is about
Re: I Am Beginning To Hate My Mother!!! by MattChidi(m): 10:45pm On Jun 14, 2016
oga go hustle. ..put the the knowledge you've acquired into use...Time wait for no one. Solve a problem and see money flow to you...not after NYSC but now!
Re: I Am Beginning To Hate My Mother!!! by harsysky(m): 10:45pm On Jun 14, 2016
OP, I really don't know how you feel, but I know that for you to say you hate your mum, you feel very sad and almost depressed.

Don't hate on mum. Dnt even utter it to anyone's hearing, cos when you hate, hatred will be attracted to you. I'm not surprised why majority of comments here have been on lashing you. It's law of attraction! Learn a skill and a valuable one. Keep enduring , and I believe you'll succeed.

To those lashing on him, Life doesn't just end or start where op is. Y'all are gonna need people to hear y'all one day and reason with you, but your "law of attraction" will come. People will put it just the way you gave it to the Op and accept it like a man! Most times advice doesn't need snide talks.

It's the same reason why beating can neva be better than quality talk. Most people here on Nairaland have low mentality and need to work on it.

1 Like

Re: I Am Beginning To Hate My Mother!!! by Holywizard: 10:47pm On Jun 14, 2016
swaggprofessor:
Sincerely bro, talk truth, na wetin u use graduate?. Answer the question silently and then u go know y!!!!!!!!
I graduated wit an UPPER CREDIT @ Fedpolynek
Re: I Am Beginning To Hate My Mother!!! by Leez(m): 10:48pm On Jun 14, 2016
Holywizard:
I am so sorry to say this but it is actually the truth.
Ever since I graduated last year my mum has made my life a living hell.
I ve tried severally to get used to her bad attitude but all to no avail.
She complains on every thing I do. In fact once she wakes up from sleep she must look for something to complain with.

Since I graduated, I automatically stopped receiving cash from them & they (she & my dad) doesn't even care whether I have money to recharge my phone. Since last year they haven't given me ordinary #1000 & once I complain they will say 'no money' but my mum especially keeps buying unnecessary things. No money but she'll buy new shoes, clothes, bags, cell phone etc which she won't even put on.

Last week, our last born of de family came back from school & she took him out for shopping & she spent not less than #50,000 on him. Everything she does now is on the boy. My mum can even wash the plates on behalf of him. Everything he does is right. She protects the boy like an egg.

When an old friend wanted me to come over to PH so that I'd be managing his business before I go for service, my mum refused, saying that the days are bad via money ritualism. All my elder siblings called me to talk sense into me that I should just stay back, I missed that big opportunity because I'd ve been having like hundreds of thousands in my bank account.

My parents doesn't care about my welfare. Right now I don't have up to #1000 in cash & in bank. I think they hate me & I
I hate my mum the most!!! I just feel like leaving the house for them.
seun! seun!! seun!!!
hw many times now
pls create a fiction section for these writers nah
all this superstory everytime is tiring
warridis
the army story here some days back was reality with a bit of fictiob and the writer was wise enough to say so
and to think ppl are actually commenting on this shows you why nigeria is like this at the moment
Re: I Am Beginning To Hate My Mother!!! by iPrevail(m): 10:56pm On Jun 14, 2016
LaExpert:

Like seriously, I doubt the comprehension ability of many.

The op complained of two things.
1. Unequal treatment of his siblings by his parents.
2. Blocking his hustle.

Most people did not see the second

if she can't help him then she shouldn't block him.

if she's trying to protect her son from rituals, then she should help him with funds to start up something for himself. it is clear that the funds are there.

Op, consider other options and present them to your parents them to approve so u can be independent, if they don't approve any, request for their suggestion and select the one you're okay with. if they don't have suggestions, you may have to demand for allowances till you get to have something they are cool with. in the worst case scenario, you should impose your decisions on them but be ready to bear the consequences. you have the right, you're an adult

My brother you're so right. Every man gets to that point in life where he must carve his own path and walk on it... perhaps the OP has gotten to his.

1 Like

Re: I Am Beginning To Hate My Mother!!! by firstolalekan(m): 11:05pm On Jun 14, 2016
shitshappen:
Some of us are late bloomers, Pele. It I really difficult to launch at this current state of the economy. And it's entirely wrong of his family to abandon him just because they saw him through school.
I get his sense of entitlement though, but he's not made until he's made.

5k for you from me. Claim it if u want it.
I just learnt something from you... wink
Re: I Am Beginning To Hate My Mother!!! by sukkot: 11:11pm On Jun 14, 2016
you should. if that daughter of eve you call ya mama was not ready to take care of you till you find your feet she shoulda kept her legs closed. nonsense. nigeria no get welfare system

bros you sef try acquire skills na ? try hair barbing or making shoes or sewing designer suits etc etc
Re: I Am Beginning To Hate My Mother!!! by spafu(m): 11:13pm On Jun 14, 2016
If I catch you, I swear you no go recognize your body odour again. What rubbish are you spewing out here? I left my parents at 18 years of age, enrolled myself for a tutorial classes and registered myself for three GCEs till I made all my papers and struggled to get admission and then sponsored myself from my diploma up to my M Sc degree. And here you are still collecting or expecting to collect money from your parents even after graduation. Are you not ashamed of yourself? When will you grow up and become a man? Why won't your mum complain and make the house uncomfortable for you? As long as the place remains comfortable for you, you won't take a step to get out there and make a life of your own. She is helping you man. Go out and be a man.
Re: I Am Beginning To Hate My Mother!!! by andyanders: 11:14pm On Jun 14, 2016
DonOms:
@OP: Firstly, your parens don't hate you. You just have a different understanding from theirs and none of them discussed their reality with you but acted it out, hence your confusion.
And majority of those who gave you 'tough' advice up here don't hate you either, they have just told you the truth in a harsh tone.

I don't believe you're lazy. You haven't just started to come to terms with the "survival of the fittest" race you automatically signed up for upon graduation.
So here's what you must do:
1) Stop hating your mom. Show her love because it's a privilege you have a mother under whose roof you live and eat.

2) Convert your hate (towards your mother) into passion for what you have interest in and to learn a skill (or get a temp job) that can fetch monetary gains. This will help you a lot as you go for service in the coming months and even beyond.

3) DO NOT EXPECT HELP FROM ANYONE. Don't get me wrong. You can accept help, but never expect it's someone's job to give it. This will give you a sense of responsibility that will give you the edge you need in this competitive world of ours.

Don't leave home now. NYSC will evict you anyway. Just get busy in your current environment and make yourself relevant. Things will get tougher for you from now but see it as a learning process and make the best of it. The best advice for you isn't 'grow up,' it is 'rise up.'

Well said herein. This should be the best answer op needed in order for him to grow up. Life is tough. He should thank his God that his parents are alive.The advice not to go to PH was a very reasonable advise from his parents.You can ONLY trust yourself in life but can learn to study people in order to understand who they are.

Op, never give up on your mother. You can call her and open up this issue in order to know her mind than trying to hate her. For giving you education, that is the best legacy for your person and in future, you will come to terms with her.You can never have another mother in life.

1 Like

Re: I Am Beginning To Hate My Mother!!! by Nobody: 11:18pm On Jun 14, 2016
Dont hate dem, and infact, i blame you, not them.
One serious problem youth face is dat d hide under the umbrella of student and d dont invest.
I wil b goin bk to skul by God grace and since last year septmberm, my mum av nt given me up2 1000 till date.
Sum times wen u see d future and a little chance, grab it. Let dem say u are storbone but b sure of ur target.
BUT LOVE YOUR MUMMY, SHE HAVE NO DUPLICATE OOOOOOO!
Re: I Am Beginning To Hate My Mother!!! by Nobody: 11:23pm On Jun 14, 2016
spafu:
If I catch you, I swear you no go recognize your body odour again. What rubbish are you spewing out here? I left my parents at 18 years of age, enrolled myself for a tutorial classes and registered myself for three GCEs till I made all my papers and struggled to get admission and then sponsored myself from my diploma up to my M Sc degree. And here you are still collecting or expecting to collect money from your parents even after graduation. Are you not ashamed of yourself? When will you grow up and become a man? Why won't your mum complain and make the house uncomfortable for you? As long as the place remains comfortable for you, you won't take a step to get out there and make a life of your own. She is helping you man. Go out and be a man.

Remain Bless My Brother. I pray not to depend on my parent anymore. When will he be a man na? A graduate for dat mata. Chineke nekwe num o.

1 Like

Re: I Am Beginning To Hate My Mother!!! by Totfulguy: 11:26pm On Jun 14, 2016
Holywizard:
She complains on every thing I do. In fact once she wakes up from sleep she must look for something to complain with.

Since I graduated, I automatically stopped receiving cash from them & they (she & my dad) doesn't even care whether I have money to recharge my phone. Since last year they haven't given me ordinary #1000 & once I complain they will say 'no money' but my mum especially keeps buying unnecessary things. No money but she'll buy new shoes, clothes, bags, cell phone etc which she won't even put on.

Last week, our last born of de family came back from school & she took him out for shopping & she spent not less than #50,000 on him. Everything she does now is on the boy. My mum can even wash the plates on behalf of him. Everything he does is right. She protects the boy like an egg.

When an old friend wanted me to come over to PH so that I'd be managing his business before I go for service, my mum refused, saying that the days are bad via money ritualism. All my elder siblings called me to talk sense into me that I should just stay back, I missed that big opportunity because I'd ve been having like hundreds of thousands in my bank account.

My parents doesn't care about my welfare. Right now I don't have up to #1000 in cash & in bank. I think they hate me & I

Please leave the house. Judging by your name "holywizard" you are confused (A wizard cannot be holy). People who have put in their best for you deserve gratitude not hate. You need to leave the house before you make front page again for the wrong reason.
Re: I Am Beginning To Hate My Mother!!! by nonix22(m): 11:30pm On Jun 14, 2016
Bros, to start with eh, change that your monicker. It sounds some how. 2ndly, your location states Poland, if trully you are there or dream to go there and stay, delete that from your head asap as Nigeria is way way better than Poland. But their girls are adorable wink. 3rdly, you sound like one that gets anything he asks for until lately. What was ur savings after service?? If your mum can spend up2 50k on ur wee bro, I bet you had the same treatment in ur days and u misused it. I bet you hardly help in the house chores?? Man up and talk to your folks mate!
Re: I Am Beginning To Hate My Mother!!! by Roland17(m): 11:39pm On Jun 14, 2016
You are hating a woman who carried you for 9 months, labored to give birth, breast fed you lazy self because of money and recharge cards? are u normal? honestly, u need a reset slap..and you need one quickly. Nonsense angry angry angry
Re: I Am Beginning To Hate My Mother!!! by ericmor: 11:40pm On Jun 14, 2016
DonOms:
@OP: Firstly, your parens don't hate you. You just have a different understanding from theirs and none of them discussed their reality with you but acted it out, hence your confusion.
And majority of those who gave you 'tough' advice up here don't hate you either, they have just told you the truth in a harsh tone.

I don't believe you're lazy. You haven't just started to come to terms with the "survival of the fittest" race you automatically signed up for upon graduation.
So here's what you must do:
1) Stop hating your mom. Show her love because it's a privilege you have a mother under whose roof you live and eat.

2) Convert your hate (towards your mother) into passion for what you have interest in and to learn a skill (or get a temp job) that can fetch monetary gains. This will help you a lot as you go for service in the coming months and even beyond.

3) DO NOT EXPECT HELP FROM ANYONE. Don't get me wrong. You can accept help, but never expect it's someone's job to give it. This will give you a sense of responsibility that will give you the edge you need in this competitive world of ours.

Don't leave home now. NYSC will evict you anyway. Just get busy in your current environment and make yourself relevant. Things will get tougher for you from now but see it as a learning process and make the best of it. The best advice for you isn't 'grow up,' it is 'rise up.'

Op, u can seek for assistance or help but do not rely on it bcs man do fail but God never fails. Just trying to put a touch on wat dis brother has said.
Re: I Am Beginning To Hate My Mother!!! by Holywizard: 11:45pm On Jun 14, 2016
u people shud pls understand me. I ve plans but no money to execute any.

For now am on my own
Re: I Am Beginning To Hate My Mother!!! by Seawhy(m): 11:45pm On Jun 14, 2016
OP,thank God that u have graduated and very soon, you would realise how this world is. Bet me u will regret hating your mother for a minute.
Re: I Am Beginning To Hate My Mother!!! by Holywizard: 11:47pm On Jun 14, 2016
ericmor:

Op, u can seek for assistance or help but do not rely on it bcs man do fail but God never fails. Just trying to put a touch on wat dis brother has said.
assistance from who? I'm on my own, don't u get it?
Re: I Am Beginning To Hate My Mother!!! by Holywizard: 11:47pm On Jun 14, 2016
Totfulguy:

Please leave the house. Judging by your name "holywizard" you are confused (A wizard cannot be holy). People who have put in their best for you deserve gratitude not hate. You need to leave the house before you make front page again for the wrong reason.
I ve notin to leave de house wit
Re: I Am Beginning To Hate My Mother!!! by Nobody: 11:55pm On Jun 14, 2016
i dont care to read what you have to say to justify the title of this thread to tell you what an ingrate you are time would come when you would look for that same woman you hating but you would never see her..
Re: I Am Beginning To Hate My Mother!!! by spafu(m): 11:58pm On Jun 14, 2016
Manueleee:

Remain Bless My Brother. I pray not to depend on my parent anymore. When will he be a man na? A graduate for dat mata. Chineke nekwe num o.
Amen bro and stay bless too.. And may God Almighty continue to crown our efforts. A time comes in the life of a man when he must plunge into the deep world of unknown future, most especially, in the type situations we have found ourselves in Nigeria.
Re: I Am Beginning To Hate My Mother!!! by shitshappen(m): 12:09am On Jun 15, 2016
radiokilla:

what of me na.

Lol
Re: I Am Beginning To Hate My Mother!!! by shitshappen(m): 12:13am On Jun 15, 2016
Holywizard:
Thanks, i'll appreciate

Do the needful
Re: I Am Beginning To Hate My Mother!!! by Nobody: 12:20am On Jun 15, 2016
Guy how old are you? No pun intended...congratulations, you made front-page.
Holywizard:

Re: I Am Beginning To Hate My Mother!!! by Nobody: 1:08am On Jun 15, 2016
Holywizard:

3 solutions to your predicament
1. Hustle hard my brother
2. Just keep hustling
3. Repeat no 1 and 2 again.
Re: I Am Beginning To Hate My Mother!!! by Kazrem(m): 2:21am On Jun 15, 2016
Instead to seek advice on how to secure job after nysc, you are complaining about your parents who paid your school fees for 4 years or more.
Re: I Am Beginning To Hate My Mother!!! by Emeka71(m): 2:23am On Jun 15, 2016
Holywizard:

Is not possible for your mother to hate you ; in life after Jesus ;is mummy that has the strong love for you ;not even your father can love you the way your mother love you .
Re: I Am Beginning To Hate My Mother!!! by Totfulguy: 2:26am On Jun 15, 2016
Holywizard:
I ve notin to leave de house wit

Ok...am not one who likes to come down hard on anyone. So am sorry to have sounded the way I did. But reading your post, I could sense the rage under your breath and I thought, in your interest, you should leave the house. But you do sound sober, so I will give you my honest opinion.

I presume you are relatively young, thus your rather selfish and childish (no insults meant) assessment of your situation. I know as you grow older (compulsory) and grow up (optional) you will find out that there are things in life that were not entitled to, which we have and for which we should be eternally grateful. Here are a few things you have for which you should be grateful one of them is your caring parent. But to help you re-orientate your mind, take the following into consideration.

1. Caring Parents: By your admission, your parents have cared for you the best way they can. And they deserve your gratitude. Life is like a relay race. Parents run and hand the baton over to their children. The baton must be handed over whether we like it or not. Many parents do not consider it a necessity to prepare their children for the responsibility of "handling the baton" (eg, Showing them love, teaching them life values, give them an education or a vocation, stand by them when they need help and be there until they become adults (18 years old). But you have this. You see at some point, our parents, especially those who have 3, 4, 5 children, believe that they have done their bid for you and it is your turn to hold the baton. I can assure you, that if you have shown the expected sense of duty and responsibility, eg showing that you can handle issues responsibly and hold your own (and this does not require money) your parents will give you added privileges. But if all they hear is a whining son/daughter who appears to "drop the baton" when you should actually run with it, then you will not blame them for the treatment you are getting. "You dress to be addressed" they say. So instead of seeming to whine and beef, can you look at ways that you can be useful to your parents and take some responsibilities off them to lighten their load? Can you teach your younger brother or sister and assist with home chores. Or are you always on your phone doing so much but actually doing nothing? Your parent want to see you take more responsibilities off them and not be a burden. They have tried.

2. Understand that they don owe you: You see you need to be honest with yourself and realize that your parents have played their part and really do not owe you the things you now ask (as if of right) of them. They have done their bid. Ask yourself, if you did not have parents (like many who do not) what would you have done with yourself? I often ask young people who claim that they are lagging behind BECAUSE of their parent's failure to step forward and assist, If your parents are responsible for your backwardness, who will be responsible for those of your children? This thought gave me the drive to mentally detach myself from my parents strings and understand that I am all alone with God. This mentality helped me to look for my own things no matter how little as long it is genuine and has my name on it. So leave your rage behind and start looking for little genuine things to do and get busy. If you start leaving your house to "little things", you will see less of your mum and much less of what she is doing for your little one. You will probably come back too tired to notice what they are doing. I can tell you from my experience, that the moment you start going out of the house to do a small job, their attitude towards you may change. As a person, before I started my own business, I have sold shoes OK shoes, artworks, ran errands for people etc. And I kept busy with those things until I got a job.

[b]3. Be sincerely grateful to your parent: [/b]You will notice that for as long as you are harboring resentments towards your parents, you will only stifle the creative functions of your brain and end up living in that closed enclave called "self" where nothing else exists but you. You need to think beyond yourself and think of what you can do for your parent. Ask yourself, if the responsibility of caring for your parents fell on your shoulders RIGHT NOW, would you be able and willing to stand up to it? Or will you see an opportunity to seek revenge? Times are tough, I know. But you can start small, start somewhere, start somehow. I hope this help.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Yoruba Actress' Husband Impregnates Another Woman - TribuneOnlineng / Am I Really A Bad Son? / Married Men, Please What Exactly Are You Enjoying In Your Marriage?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 94
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.