Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,674 members, 7,823,909 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 05:55 PM

EFCC Seizes Diezani's Asokoro House, $2m Worth Of Furnishings, Bulletproof Gym - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / EFCC Seizes Diezani's Asokoro House, $2m Worth Of Furnishings, Bulletproof Gym (85360 Views)

EFCC Seizes Fayose's Houses In Lagos And Abuja, Quizzes Olu Falae / EFCC Officials At Fani-Kayode's Asokoro House In Abuja / EFCC Seizes Diezani's Houses And Wristwatch Worth £600,000 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: EFCC Seizes Diezani's Asokoro House, $2m Worth Of Furnishings, Bulletproof Gym by Ladycloud(f): 12:39pm On Jun 13, 2016
This is where our our money is going eh... And the poor keep getting poorer... God epp us

1 Like

Re: EFCC Seizes Diezani's Asokoro House, $2m Worth Of Furnishings, Bulletproof Gym by Charly68: 12:40pm On Jun 13, 2016
wristbangle:
Another word for diezani in dictionary should be "loot, steal, embezzlement"

For example:

GEJ "diezani" Nigeria's money.
Yea! that Mama is a mega looter .

2 Likes

Re: EFCC Seizes Diezani's Asokoro House, $2m Worth Of Furnishings, Bulletproof Gym by Xberryz(m): 12:40pm On Jun 13, 2016
plaetton:

Aren't you smart enough to recognize a fake story when you see and read it ?

Where is the house that is worth $18m ? ...
Who did the valuation ?
When did $ become our national currency with which to value assets?

People should get a brain.
Bro you the one that needs a brain here... you can keep wailing in your squabbling mentally derailed ignoramus life... and worse thing is that you feel yo the wise one... Get a life bruva

11 Likes

Re: EFCC Seizes Diezani's Asokoro House, $2m Worth Of Furnishings, Bulletproof Gym by ManTiger(m): 12:41pm On Jun 13, 2016
Okay
Re: EFCC Seizes Diezani's Asokoro House, $2m Worth Of Furnishings, Bulletproof Gym by omoalayo(m): 12:41pm On Jun 13, 2016
She can afford this nowww....We jst saw yesterday how much Aregbesola..Oshiomole and all of them are worth..they will nt investigate them o...why do U think Deziani cannot afford this $18m house.... Infact She shud sue them..U entered som1 house nd began to search Her properties...OMG...

1 Like

Re: EFCC Seizes Diezani's Asokoro House, $2m Worth Of Furnishings, Bulletproof Gym by adeniyibolanle(m): 12:43pm On Jun 13, 2016
NwaNimo1:
Until i see papers with her name on it......i know go believe!
I know say when them show you paper again, you no go still believe until they show you video when she dey buy am grin What is wrong with people for God sake Person wey still get case for UK for money laundering. Kai some people just to be very funny abi she give money If No, then why you wan die for her mater like dis?

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: EFCC Seizes Diezani's Asokoro House, $2m Worth Of Furnishings, Bulletproof Gym by 989900: 12:45pm On Jun 13, 2016
Deen77:

Politics apart, can you tell Nigeria our gains from sell crude at $100+ for year's, the Oil boom.

Imagine PDP build a refinery under OBJ 8 years rule to stop importation of petroleum, all the trillion naira subsidies Jonathan pay for 5 year's was spend on big projects and economy.

Today what will Nigeria look like?.

The above is so heart wrenching. sad

1 Like

Re: EFCC Seizes Diezani's Asokoro House, $2m Worth Of Furnishings, Bulletproof Gym by Nobody: 12:45pm On Jun 13, 2016
dammydrumz:
They really don't care about that, they only get evidence of money stolen and seize properties worth the sum. That's EFCC for you
shocked isn't that illegal?
Re: EFCC Seizes Diezani's Asokoro House, $2m Worth Of Furnishings, Bulletproof Gym by seunt4ut(m): 12:45pm On Jun 13, 2016
plaetton:

Where is the house that is worth $18m ?
Who did the valuation ?

You didn't watch the video did you? the house worth $2m .I recently priced a 2 bedroom apartment in Abuja at sunrise hills which range from $800k to $900k,the value were given in USD. in addition; that reporter is working for Al Jazeera International so you don't expect non-Nigeria watching the news to press their calculator before they can get the value of the property. Sometime you just have to see good in others.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: EFCC Seizes Diezani's Asokoro House, $2m Worth Of Furnishings, Bulletproof Gym by eyoniggar(m): 12:46pm On Jun 13, 2016
Sajio:
I still can not believe this is the kind of Corruption this Government is fighting..... does it mean Deziane can't affort all these? with her profile and all that........ APC should know the woman can afford such properties. Nigerians need something more tangible instead of these fake news

If that house truly worths 18mills$, and you say she can afford it regardless of wherever she may have worked makes your brain very dull.

8 Likes

Re: EFCC Seizes Diezani's Asokoro House, $2m Worth Of Furnishings, Bulletproof Gym by Ikwokrikwo: 12:46pm On Jun 13, 2016
kenkenn:
Dezieni in my dialect means "Someone who become rich over nite"
A former director in Shell, the richest company in the world, became rich overnight.

2 Likes

Re: EFCC Seizes Diezani's Asokoro House, $2m Worth Of Furnishings, Bulletproof Gym by Deon28(m): 12:47pm On Jun 13, 2016
pls lets no that stealing is not corruption, so she only stole.
Re: EFCC Seizes Diezani's Asokoro House, $2m Worth Of Furnishings, Bulletproof Gym by Waspy(m): 12:48pm On Jun 13, 2016
This is utter rubbish.. ........Wake me up when she gets to jail. Yeye dey smell.
I will only be interested if and when all these nilly-dilly gets to a sensible judicial conclusion.

1 Like

Re: EFCC Seizes Diezani's Asokoro House, $2m Worth Of Furnishings, Bulletproof Gym by menstrualpad: 12:48pm On Jun 13, 2016
nothing in this story is true.
aieromon:
The case against Madam D should be airtight,no room for technicalities.

People should be prepared to face the consequences of their evil deeds.
Re: EFCC Seizes Diezani's Asokoro House, $2m Worth Of Furnishings, Bulletproof Gym by femmy2010(m): 12:48pm On Jun 13, 2016
If this had continue for another 4 years Nigeria would have become "Double" Broke. Lol

4 Likes

Re: EFCC Seizes Diezani's Asokoro House, $2m Worth Of Furnishings, Bulletproof Gym by Justbright(m): 12:49pm On Jun 13, 2016
plaetton:

Where is the house that is worth $18m ?
Who did the valuation ?

****..so we shuld wait for a valuer to establish d amount d house worth abi...wt pple like u dis contry is in trouble

4 Likes

Re: EFCC Seizes Diezani's Asokoro House, $2m Worth Of Furnishings, Bulletproof Gym by menstrualpad: 12:49pm On Jun 13, 2016
seunt4ut:

You didn't watch the video did you? the house worth $2m .I recently priced a 2 bedroom apartment in Abuja at sunrise hills which range from $800k to $900k,the value were given in USD. in addition; that reporter is working for Al Jazeera International so you don't expect non-Nigeria watching the news to press their calculator before they can get the value of the property. Sometime you just have to see good in others.
she is a former director in Shell...

1 Like

Re: EFCC Seizes Diezani's Asokoro House, $2m Worth Of Furnishings, Bulletproof Gym by nwaanambra1(m): 12:50pm On Jun 13, 2016
[size=14pt]and some poverty stricken, church-rat poor, brain dead m0r0ns will come on line and scream GEJ their hero! angry[/size]

5 Likes

Re: EFCC Seizes Diezani's Asokoro House, $2m Worth Of Furnishings, Bulletproof Gym by menstrualpad: 12:50pm On Jun 13, 2016
you should be more intelligent....a former director in Shell...
femmy2010:
If this had continue for another 4 years Nigeria would have become "Double" Broke. Lol

1 Like

Re: EFCC Seizes Diezani's Asokoro House, $2m Worth Of Furnishings, Bulletproof Gym by menstrualpad: 12:51pm On Jun 13, 2016
he is a HERO...pillar of democracy....
nwaanambra1:
[size=14pt]and some poverty stricken, church-rat poor, brain dead m0r0ns will come on line and scream GEJ their hero! angry[/size]

1 Like

Re: EFCC Seizes Diezani's Asokoro House, $2m Worth Of Furnishings, Bulletproof Gym by menstrualpad: 12:51pm On Jun 13, 2016
leave em to sensationalism
Ikwokrikwo:
A former director in Shell, the richest company in the world, became rich overnight.

1 Like

Re: EFCC Seizes Diezani's Asokoro House, $2m Worth Of Furnishings, Bulletproof Gym by Nobody: 12:52pm On Jun 13, 2016
CONSEQUENCES OF STEALING PUBLIC FUNDS I GUESS grin but really is it illegal? i feel the properties might be returned if the sum stolen is recovered or better still it could still be seized after money stolen has been recovered as it will serve as a penalty for stealing or jail time as the case may be. but who cares anyway undecided
jenigurl:

shocked isn't that illegal?
Re: EFCC Seizes Diezani's Asokoro House, $2m Worth Of Furnishings, Bulletproof Gym by amagunnerfan: 12:52pm On Jun 13, 2016
SWG25:
Like Buhari said - Abacha never stole

Diezani also never stole.

Diezani was rich before she became petroleum minister.

And yet, you and your family do not know what you will eat tonight. You need a new head. Go for head transplant. ASAP.

1 Like

Re: EFCC Seizes Diezani's Asokoro House, $2m Worth Of Furnishings, Bulletproof Gym by Deon28(m): 12:52pm On Jun 13, 2016
[quote author=Kolababe post=46528580]Pics Of $18m House, $2m Worth Of Furnishings,bulletproof Gym Seized From Diezani

The EFCC says its fight against corruption has led to the recovery of this house pictured above allegedly owned by former Minister of Petroleum Resources, Diezani Alison-Madueke. The house, located in Asokoro Abuja is said to be worth $18 million with furnishings worth $2million and a bulletproof gym.

The antigraft agency showed the recovered house in a new interview with Al Jazeerah. Also displayed were jewelries and monies reportedly recovered from corrupt government officials.

Speaking during an interview, the EFCC Chairman, Ibrahim Magu said

"We have been able to take on a lot of big shots that were hitherto were untouchable in the three arms of the military, political class. We have recorded 164 convictions in just one year". He denied claims that the fight against corruption was politically motivated. "No, not my EFCC, not the EFCC of today. We are not politicized. If there is an allegation against anybody, we will go after them"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hIQdZfz_JdA

http://www.newseveryhour.com/2016/06/photosvideo-of-18m-house-with-2m-worth.html[/quote
stealing is not corruption
Re: EFCC Seizes Diezani's Asokoro House, $2m Worth Of Furnishings, Bulletproof Gym by anonymousreport: 12:52pm On Jun 13, 2016
The worth of these properties is enough to solve Bayelsa's problems. How unfortunate- an immediate EX president and an ex minister of petroleum are from this same state but yet the poverty in these state is something else. Tell me where is the love? This shows no matter how much the Government tries to please the people of ND,there can't be any tangible development. I remember clearly when there was this fire incidence on facility in Shell I guess, it took days before Madueke visited the scene. Jonathan was neve there. There is simply no Love. The Avengers are just a set of confused beings.

6 Likes

Re: EFCC Seizes Diezani's Asokoro House, $2m Worth Of Furnishings, Bulletproof Gym by menstrualpad: 12:53pm On Jun 13, 2016
for a shell director of many years? think again!
sukkot:
bulletproof gym lolzzz this woman is crazyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

1 Like

Re: EFCC Seizes Diezani's Asokoro House, $2m Worth Of Furnishings, Bulletproof Gym by amagunnerfan: 12:55pm On Jun 13, 2016
oweniwe:
Diezani was a billionaire before she became petroleum minister. She was a director at shell....

People like that are used to living in opulence. If you buy N100,000 bottle of wine, but to people like Diezani, N100,000 is like N1,000.

I'm not defending her if she stole... But as an ex shell director, I don't expect her to be living in GRA or wear N10,000 neck lace.
Is she as rich as Bill Gate or even Dangote? Being a director at shell means her salary can afford her all those wealth?

And you say you are not defending her?

3 Likes

Re: EFCC Seizes Diezani's Asokoro House, $2m Worth Of Furnishings, Bulletproof Gym by menstrualpad: 12:55pm On Jun 13, 2016
she was a Shell director of many years bro and married to a former chief of Air staff....don't eja,culate..
stevecantrell:
When i grow up i wanna be a politician and "Diezani" my way to fabulous wealth..

1 Like

Re: EFCC Seizes Diezani's Asokoro House, $2m Worth Of Furnishings, Bulletproof Gym by chegson: 12:55pm On Jun 13, 2016
LaurelP:
I usually ask myself; all these material things we die for, how many of them do we eventually get to use?
How many gold jewelry can you wear at a time?
How many houses can you live in at a time?
How many clothes, how many cars, how much money can you spend?

Why deprive others?

It baffles me.
Re: EFCC Seizes Diezani's Asokoro House, $2m Worth Of Furnishings, Bulletproof Gym by jaybee3(m): 12:55pm On Jun 13, 2016
jenigurl:
Can someone help me to understand this. From what I see online this lady was a director in Shell, now that's big, such a position is paid in forex right?
So how does one differentiate what she owned legally and what she stole because I am sure as a director in Shell she could afford a house like this easily ?

So what's the yardstick for knowing what he stole and what is here legally ?

Please anyone to help me understand this?
Thanks in advance
Like how much do you think her position at Shell would have earned her as far as remuneration is concerned?

Here is a clue, the CEO of shell earns a salary in the region of £1M per annum.

Let's even assume the following:
her total earnings plus benefits was in the region of $2M per annum,
She didn't have any expenditure whatsoever and thus saved the entire cash earned during the entire stint at shell (<10 years. she joined in '92, had some gaps in between for professional studies abroad and only did a 1 year stint as an Exec director)

Do you still think she had be able to afford a building reportedly worth $18M without engaging in corrupt practices?

Remuneration for Shell executive directors (She was a director for less than 2 years before she became a minister):
http://reports.shell.com/annual-report/2014/governance/directors-remuneration-report/remuneration-policy/executive-directors.php

17 Likes

Re: EFCC Seizes Diezani's Asokoro House, $2m Worth Of Furnishings, Bulletproof Gym by Realhommie(m): 12:55pm On Jun 13, 2016
LaurelP:
I usually ask myself; all these material things we die for, how many of them do we eventually get to use?
How many gold jewelry can you wear at a time?
How many houses can you live in at a time?
How many clothes, how many cars, how much money can you spend?

Why deprive others?
Good questions... They deprive others as a result of greed, it's the height of wickedness really.

You can imagine the loot being traced to one person, just one person yet we have millions in the land who struggle to feed ones a day.

People can say anything they want or like about this fight against corruption but i dn't care ooooo, for me it's the right way to go and we can only move forward from it. It will go along way to sanitize our nation eventually so i'm very much in support.

@Topic.... We either kill corruption or it kills us, the time to act is now or never, thank God for PMB who has kicked off the fight against it. God bless Nigeria.
Re: EFCC Seizes Diezani's Asokoro House, $2m Worth Of Furnishings, Bulletproof Gym by menstrualpad: 12:56pm On Jun 13, 2016
I am DEFENDING HER UNTIL EFCC CHARGES HER TO COURT AND OBTAIN A CONVICTION!

amagunnerfan:
Is she as rich as Bill Gate or even Dangote? Being a director at shell means her salary can afford her all those wealth?

And you say you are not defending her?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Fashola Discovers Mystery Camera At Lekki Toll Gate During Inspection / "Why I Ordered Invasion Of NASS" - Lawal Daura / Precious Owolabi Is Dead: Channels TV Reporter Shot During Shiites-Police Clash

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.