Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,332 members, 7,811,970 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 03:11 AM

Soldiers Invade Ijaw Community In Delta State - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Soldiers Invade Ijaw Community In Delta State (22235 Views)

Militants Kill 4 Soldiers In Ekeremor, Bayelsa; Soldiers Invade Community / Soldiers Invade Polling Units In Ondo, Shooting Sporadically Into The Air / Soldiers Invade Oporoza, Delta Community In Search Of Militants (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Soldiers Invade Ijaw Community In Delta State by Islie: 1:12pm On Jun 15, 2016
* Navy arrests 3 suspects, Army seizes 2

By Emma Amaize, Regional Editor, South –South, Egufe Yafugborhi, Perez Brisibe and Akpokona Omafuaire

WARRI - NOTWITHSTANDING the two-week ceasefire declared by the Federal Government, last Monday, soldiers on Wednesday morning, swooped on Tebijor, also known as Okpelama, an Ijaw community in Gbaramatu Kingdom, Warri South-West Local Government Area, Delta State, in five gunboats hunting for militants.
Operatives of the Nigeria Navy Ship, NNS Delta on Tuesday arrested three persons suspected to be pipeline bombers and oil thieves.

These came as a new militant group, Niger-Sea Commandos, NDSC, said it had broken away from the Niger Delta Avengers, NDA.
Meanwhile, the Niger Delta Liberation Force, NDLF, a non-operational militant group founded by the late John Togo, has slammed the Joint Niger Delta Liberation Force, JNDLF, for using its name without permission to announce plan by militants to launch missiles and attack government establishments.

Commander of the Commander, Nigerian Navy Ship, NNS Delta, Commodore Raimi Mohammed, confirmed to Vanguard on phone that navy arrested three suspects
"I can confirm that the arrest was made, but I maintain my earlier stance that I do not want to attach group names to people. We are up against oil assets destroyers, oil thieves and other criminals in the waterways. Therefore, it is true we have made arrest of the three, but I am not at the moment concerned about what group people claim to belong. “

“We deal with the impact of their crimes and through information they provide get hold of their collaborators. Identity claim could issue for another day, but there could identity claims though," he said.

A villager, who spoke on the arrest, said: “Three youths from Tebijor were unlawfully arrested today (Tuesday) by Nigerian Navy. The youths were coming from fetching mangrove sticks to set a fishing trap when they were apprehended by navy personnel on patrol at Tebijor.”

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/06/breaking-despite-ceasefire-soldiers-invade-ijaw-community/
Re: Soldiers Invade Ijaw Community In Delta State by kozmokaz(m): 1:30pm On Jun 15, 2016
any attack on the militants is an attack in the south !!

kozmokaz ::::2016

modified:

it really baffles me when some niggurs come online and be making mouth that Lagos state gat oil ..ondo state gat oil ...yet just the bombing if few pipelines and oil wells in delta state alone halved Nigeria oil out put!!

imagine what will happen if same bombings is replicated in Rivers state , abia state. IMO state akwa ibom and cross river ... ...

Nigeria govt can lie fr Africa !

33 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Soldiers Invade Ijaw Community In Delta State by Nobody: 1:32pm On Jun 15, 2016
Amazing invasion
Re: Soldiers Invade Ijaw Community In Delta State by qualityovenbake(m): 1:35pm On Jun 15, 2016
The ceasefire was only for media purpose, NDA were busy bombing pipeline while Nigeria Army were invading villages. So there wasn't anything like ceasefire.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Soldiers Invade Ijaw Community In Delta State by DaBullIT(m): 2:39pm On Jun 15, 2016
Even the person they said was negotiating for them said he does not know them

I know Buhari is not Clueless , It's a policy never to negotiate with terrorists , and those who wrote the law and the geneva convention knew all too well , give a mice a cheese , it's going to want a glass of milk

18 Likes

Re: Soldiers Invade Ijaw Community In Delta State by DeltaOil: 3:50pm On Jun 15, 2016
Buhari is quick to descend on us the Niger Delta and our South-Eastern Brothers.
But will not lift a finger over the mobile section of Boko Haram, namely the Fulani Herdsmen.

Even going as far as saying that they cannot stop the Fulani Herdsmen, because of ECOWAS.
When the Fulani Herdsmen are supposed to the Libyans.
But Libya is not part of West Africa.

So Buhari stop murdering the South-SOuth & South-East People!
if you can't stop the fulanin herdsmen resign for Osinbanjo, he is better.

40 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Soldiers Invade Ijaw Community In Delta State by Brainy007: 3:51pm On Jun 15, 2016
That eye witness part na scam undecided

Prosecute them abeg
Re: Soldiers Invade Ijaw Community In Delta State by chival234(m): 3:52pm On Jun 15, 2016
I just they waka passs oo... no comment
Re: Soldiers Invade Ijaw Community In Delta State by clefstone(m): 3:53pm On Jun 15, 2016
Dem go tire
Re: Soldiers Invade Ijaw Community In Delta State by lightheart(m): 3:54pm On Jun 15, 2016
DaBullIT:
Even the person they said was negotiating for them said he does not know them

I know Buhari is not Clueless , It's a policy never to negotiate with terrorists , and those who wrote the law and the geneva convention knew all too well , give a mice a cheese , it's going to want a glass of milk

...or even a cow sef.

6 Likes

Re: Soldiers Invade Ijaw Community In Delta State by IllegalMoney: 3:55pm On Jun 15, 2016
grin grin grin
They will come back empty handed again, without catching even a single fly

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Soldiers Invade Ijaw Community In Delta State by SSkillzzz(m): 3:55pm On Jun 15, 2016
keep bombing n destroying pipelines oo...later they will start to complain they don't hv land to farm n water to drink n fish...mumu people

2 Likes

Re: Soldiers Invade Ijaw Community In Delta State by chiedu7: 3:56pm On Jun 15, 2016
Buhari quick to invade the South-South and shoot the South-East,
yet you wont even condemn the fulani herdsment, let alone stop them.

Go tallk to the Niger Delta guys now, abi u dey fear grin grin grin grin

8 Likes

Re: Soldiers Invade Ijaw Community In Delta State by robosky02(m): 3:56pm On Jun 15, 2016
buhari self hmm
Re: Soldiers Invade Ijaw Community In Delta State by chrisbaby24(m): 3:57pm On Jun 15, 2016
Navy arrest..army seizes...wetin airforce one go be......mtcheewwww...!!! I no jus wan comment...but wetin man pikin go do?.....
Re: Soldiers Invade Ijaw Community In Delta State by Akpan107(m): 3:57pm On Jun 15, 2016
We will not surrender our crude oil to the false song of one Nigeria.

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Soldiers Invade Ijaw Community In Delta State by hotdi(m): 3:58pm On Jun 15, 2016
Just sipping my kunu in my father's peaceful sitting room grin
Re: Soldiers Invade Ijaw Community In Delta State by Nobody: 3:59pm On Jun 15, 2016
Islie:

* Navy arrests 3 suspects, Army seizes 2

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/06/breaking-despite-ceasefire-soldiers-invade-ijaw-community/

If the Senate did not give approval for this invasion (and others), then PMB can be impeached for gross misconduct

1 Like

Re: Soldiers Invade Ijaw Community In Delta State by riczy(m): 3:59pm On Jun 15, 2016
Ehen?
Re: Soldiers Invade Ijaw Community In Delta State by advocatebaba(m): 3:59pm On Jun 15, 2016
SOON D INVADERS WILL SOON BE INVADED AS DIFF GROUPS R NW EMERGING. NIG, A HOME 4HOT MEALS.

1 Like

Re: Soldiers Invade Ijaw Community In Delta State by Bubu4Sea: 3:59pm On Jun 15, 2016
What type of incompetency are Nigerians being punished with?
GO after the Fulani Herdsmen & Boko Haram, NO.

It us that just want what is ours that you invade.

TOTALLY INCOMPETENT MAN

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Soldiers Invade Ijaw Community In Delta State by blackpanda: 4:03pm On Jun 15, 2016
kozmokaz:

modified:

it really baffles me when some niggurs come online and be making mouth that Lagos state gat oil ..ondo state gat oil ...yet just the bombing if few pipelines and oil wells in delta state alone halved Nigeria oil out put!!

imagine what will happen if same bombings is replicated in Rivers state , abia state. IMO state akwa ibom and cross river ... ...

You delight in making noise and issuing empty useless threats. As if u are not in the same nigeria. Are u not suffering the same hardship with everybody Its only a person whos less than smart that will cut off their nose to spite their face

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Soldiers Invade Ijaw Community In Delta State by Femmysneh(m): 4:04pm On Jun 15, 2016
To the federal govt.

You have unlawfully arrested members who are not even part of the NDA. Are you trying to restrict movement in warri? If you force this people to launch there miselle, I think there would be a total down crash of the Economy people are still managing. And if that should occur, then Biafra would be the only option and not just the option but the answer.

3 Likes

Re: Soldiers Invade Ijaw Community In Delta State by Femmysneh(m): 4:05pm On Jun 15, 2016
To the federal govt.

You have unlawfully arrested members who are not even part of the NDA. Are you trying to restrict movement in warri? If you force this people to launch there miselle, I think there would bea total down crash of the Economy people are still managing. And if that should occur, then Biafra would be the only option and not just the option but the answer.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Soldiers Invade Ijaw Community In Delta State by Orikinla(m): 4:05pm On Jun 15, 2016
kozmokaz:

modified:

2 Likes

Re: Soldiers Invade Ijaw Community In Delta State by blackpanda: 4:06pm On Jun 15, 2016
Akpan107:
We will not surrender our crude oil to the false song of one Nigeria.

You are ipad. You dont have any crude anything. Go sleep biko

4 Likes

Re: Soldiers Invade Ijaw Community In Delta State by Brainy007: 4:08pm On Jun 15, 2016
IllegalMoney:

grin grin grin
They will come back empty handed again, without catching even a single fly
Lazy boy
Go and read it jorundecided

1 Like

Re: Soldiers Invade Ijaw Community In Delta State by shaddoww: 4:08pm On Jun 15, 2016
I pray those innocent kids n women out there, I can imagine wat they would a been put through by our lawless soldiers.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Soldiers Invade Ijaw Community In Delta State by JealousPrince1(m): 4:08pm On Jun 15, 2016
Na wa ooo
Re: Soldiers Invade Ijaw Community In Delta State by Tamaris1: 4:11pm On Jun 15, 2016
Buhari is punishing Nigerians for rejecting him on three earlier occasions.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Galadima: Don't Be Surprise To See President Buhari Contest In 2023 / Buhari Set To Flag-Off Third Oil Field In Northern Nigeria / Sale Of Rivers Assets: Court Issues Warrant Of Arrest On Amaechi, Cole, Others

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.