Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,747 members, 7,824,149 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 12:45 AM

Can Nigeria Police Be Reformed? How? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Can Nigeria Police Be Reformed? How? (4326 Views)

It Has Started: Boko Haram Now Being Reformed As Good Guys By The CIA / Tambuwal Suit: Court Directs That The IG Of Police Be Put On Notice Properly / Must The Nigerian Police Be Bribed For Everything? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can Nigeria Police Be Reformed? How? by Jaybee2412(m): 5:54pm On Aug 30, 2009
Nearly everyone in Nigeria has experienced the failure of the police to carry out their duty to uphold the law - from aiding and abetting election Mal-practices to different stories of extortion, bribery and failure to investigate reported crimes to logical conclusion. Everyday we witness how our human rights are being violated by our law enforcement officers. They arbitrarily arrest and imprison people which in many cases resulted in extra - judicial killings.

We cannot allow this jungle justice to continue if we are to believe the rule of law being touted by our government. So what are the prospect of improving the performance and conduct of our police and how do we go about it?
Re: Can Nigeria Police Be Reformed? How? by Cadaver(m): 6:49pm On Aug 30, 2009
Nigerian police? Fcuz they can be reformed; tie them all 2 barrels and shoot dem on the forehead then recruit new cadets,it should serve as a deterrent to them. Only then would things change. The current bunch are a lost cause!
Re: Can Nigeria Police Be Reformed? How? by illusion2: 6:59pm On Aug 30, 2009
The solution is state/local govt  police .
Re: Can Nigeria Police Be Reformed? How? by vanitty: 7:23pm On Aug 30, 2009
The same Police force that arrested a goat for robbery claiming he changed from human? cheesy

Well if I am to be generous I will say yes they can be reformed but it will take some dedication, rooting out the bad eggs among them, making an example of some of them e.t.c
Re: Can Nigeria Police Be Reformed? How? by nolongTing: 7:24pm On Aug 30, 2009
More technology to defend the rights of the masses like CCTV; this could be coupled with a weekly show about corrupt policemen to show the evidence gathered and disgrace them.  This might shock them into behaving properly.  grin cheesy wink smiley wink cheesy grin
Re: Can Nigeria Police Be Reformed? How? by U1(m): 7:27pm On Aug 30, 2009
Just mere wishful thinking. undecided undecided undecided
Re: Can Nigeria Police Be Reformed? How? by HarryPotter1(m): 7:32pm On Aug 30, 2009
@Cadaver which one be ur problem? why the many posts?abi ur head service don comot.
@poster yes naija police can be reformed.the only remedy is 2 retire all persons in the NPF and recruit new breed and let them be aware that any form of disloyalty will be dealt wit ie by instant shooting of the gulty. tongue
Re: Can Nigeria Police Be Reformed? How? by OpeLovely(f): 7:39pm On Aug 30, 2009
How can the body be reformed when the head is rotten?
Re: Can Nigeria Police Be Reformed? How? by koolchicco: 7:51pm On Aug 30, 2009
illusion2:

Cadaver,u de wound? why all the repeat posts na ?  undecided

Dont mind him,another attention seeker!
Re: Can Nigeria Police Be Reformed? How? by Akanniade(m): 8:03pm On Aug 30, 2009
I suggest recruitin and trainning a new police by sourcing from NYSC. pay off the semi illiterates we currently have as our police
Re: Can Nigeria Police Be Reformed? How? by greateliso(m): 8:11pm On Aug 30, 2009
nolongTing:

More technology to defend the rights of the masses like CCTV; this could be coupled with a weekly show about corrupt policemen to show the evidence gathered and disgrace them.  This might shock them into behaving properly.  grin cheesy wink smiley wink cheesy grin

or the rotten leaders and incompetent policemen should all be eliminated or fired.
Re: Can Nigeria Police Be Reformed? How? by nolongTing: 8:18pm On Aug 30, 2009
greateliso:

or the rotten leaders and incompetent policemen should all be eliminated or fired.

Thats right! grin cheesy smiley grin
Re: Can Nigeria Police Be Reformed? How? by Nobody: 8:21pm On Aug 30, 2009
Increase their salary undecided
Re: Can Nigeria Police Be Reformed? How? by MUZBO(m): 8:33pm On Aug 30, 2009
@cadaver, you don die before? Pun intended. You wan reach 100 posts per day.
Re: Can Nigeria Police Be Reformed? How? by MUZBO(m): 8:33pm On Aug 30, 2009
The dumb cops should all be hanged and just before they die should be cut down and shot between the eyes. Or they should be forgiven and then sacked!
Re: Can Nigeria Police Be Reformed? How? by Beaf: 8:38pm On Aug 30, 2009
How about boko haraming. . . why not?
Re: Can Nigeria Police Be Reformed? How? by holymike47(m): 8:40pm On Aug 30, 2009
Some of my friends went to a hotel in benin to drink. meanwhile there was a guest lodging in the hotel that snatched a car from warri. The police from warri were able to trace the car to the hotel maybe because the car has GPS service. Intially, wen they got to the hotel and seeing the car, they called the nearest police station in benin and they came with about 3 vans, they packed everybody in the hotel, all the guest and the people drinking in the bar to the policestation. Finally the guy that snatched the car was identified, he was in posession of some things in the car and even the car owner rightly identified him. the police from warri now took him away and ordered the DPO of that police station to release the other guys(about 15-18). After those police left, the fucking DPO said they have to do further verification and ordered for the detantion of the guys, they were beaten with cutlass and slept the cell, the following day, they have to bail each with #7,000.

This really pained me, by the way where does the money for bailing go to because its boldly engraved in all policestation that Bail is free and we should not pay for it.
Re: Can Nigeria Police Be Reformed? How? by greateliso(m): 8:42pm On Aug 30, 2009
Beaf:

How about boko haraming. . . why not?

out of point
Re: Can Nigeria Police Be Reformed? How? by MUZBO(m): 8:54pm On Aug 30, 2009
The dumb cops should all be hanged and just before they die should be cut down and shot between the eyes. Or they should be forgiven and then sacked!
Re: Can Nigeria Police Be Reformed? How? by holymike47(m): 8:54pm On Aug 30, 2009
Instead of looking for armed robbers and kidnappers, the police will hire bus and be huntings boys walking on the street, on top of bike and inside car searching phones for international numbers. If they see a flash in your hand, your own don finish, even though na your school books and project dey inside, them go say you be yahoo boys.Now we cannot carry laptop again because of these highly corrupt men.

The police is supposed to be a professional body and not for these semi-illiterate that cannot even speak good english.

If we trully have a sincere government, we can trully solve some of these bribe taking by police by encouraging individuals that can produce video clips of police collecting bribe both in road block and in the office. I have a spy camera and i can produce plenty of them. Then the police found guilty will be publicly executed.
Re: Can Nigeria Police Be Reformed? How? by holymike47(m): 8:58pm On Aug 30, 2009
MUZBO:

@cadaver, you don die before? Pun intended. You wan reach 100 posts per day.

It's possible it was a network problem
Re: Can Nigeria Police Be Reformed? How? by monopolist: 9:25pm On Aug 30, 2009
Soon there will be no police in Nigeria and there will be peace.

P.O.L.I.C.E force will be eradicated very soon.

what will replace them?

i do not know for now till then.
Re: Can Nigeria Police Be Reformed? How? by Chizaa(f): 9:34pm On Aug 30, 2009
It is impossible for the nigerian police to be reformed.The police system is corrupt from the top to the very least person.
Re: Can Nigeria Police Be Reformed? How? by Cadaver(m): 9:43pm On Aug 30, 2009
Actually,my uncle na eke(policeman),if d house has agreed 2 exterminate all men in black,please spare him,hez a gud guy,a gud broke guy.
Re: Can Nigeria Police Be Reformed? How? by Beaf: 9:46pm On Aug 30, 2009
^I still suggest boko haraming the lot (except ya uncle goes awol).
Re: Can Nigeria Police Be Reformed? How? by greateliso(m): 10:07pm On Aug 30, 2009
monopolist:

Soon there will be no police in Nigeria and there will be peace.

P.O.L.I.C.E force will be eradicated very soon.

what will replace them?

i do not know for now till then.

damn
Re: Can Nigeria Police Be Reformed? How? by Shola2009(m): 10:24pm On Aug 30, 2009
Increase their salary!.thats the simple solution, the only reason why they collect bride and can be easily manipulated is because they income insnt sufficient, if that can be settled i dont think they'll need anybody's money
Re: Can Nigeria Police Be Reformed? How? by Waxxy(m): 10:41pm On Aug 30, 2009
Guys abeg, we are not answering the question.

Akanniade:

I suggest recruitin and trainning a new police by sourcing from NYSC. pay off the semi illiterates we currently have as our police
you have hit the nail on the head. Add to that, training from international police forces, technology and a good remuneration just like the army. Case solved
Re: Can Nigeria Police Be Reformed? How? by D1KeleVra(m): 10:50pm On Aug 30, 2009
Cadaver:

Nigerian police? Fcuz they can be reformed; tie them all 2 barrels and shoot dem on the forehead then recruit new cadets,it should serve as a deterrent to them. Only then would things change. The current bunch are a lost cause!

grin grin grin lol i support this 100%, altho u didn't hav to ring it in our ears. . . some should be shot, some hung. Jokes aside tho, it's cos they ain't getting good pay from their employer that why they all twisted upstairs.

MUZBO:

Harry Potter:

@Cadaver which one be your problem? why the many posts?abi your head service don comot.
@poster yes naija police can be reformed.the only remedy is 2 retire all persons in the NPF and recruit new breed and let them be aware that any form of disloyalty will be dealt wit ie by instant shooting of the gulty. tongue

u guys are harsh o cheesy
Re: Can Nigeria Police Be Reformed? How? by hackney(m): 10:53pm On Aug 30, 2009
@poster
in 1000yrs , maybe.
By then embezzling has become nigh impossible and so there will be funds to reform the police.
Oh Wait. . . . our oil would have run out by then so. . .NEVER.
grin
Re: Can Nigeria Police Be Reformed? How? by Nobody: 10:59pm On Aug 30, 2009
Topic.

They can. How? Simply eradicate coruption and mobilize able minds.
Re: Can Nigeria Police Be Reformed? How? by chenss: 11:11pm On Aug 30, 2009
police should just see themselves as civilians

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Bad Roads: Finally, Fashola Wakes Up! / Chinese Company Constructing Agulu Lake Hotel Resort And Conference Center- Awka / Rochas Okorocha’s Ludicrous Plea For Aid To Pay Salaries.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.