Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,878 members, 7,821,052 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 07:28 AM

How Much Is Ideal To Be Giving One's Wife As Monthly Stipend? - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How Much Is Ideal To Be Giving One's Wife As Monthly Stipend? (47380 Views)

Nigerian Husband Brutalizes His Pretty Wife As She Seeks For Divorce. Photos / How Much Do You Give Your Parents As Monthly Stipend? / How Many Children Do You Think Is Ideal For A Family In This Current Economy? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Much Is Ideal To Be Giving One's Wife As Monthly Stipend? by magnetik(m): 10:32pm On Jun 19, 2016
banjolek:
I appreciate your clear understanding of what's going on, i have had accusations like "but you give your family money and stuffs like that" I have been really opened to her, she actually knows how much i earn(not a wives are privy to that sort of information) i just feel she shuould understand the situation we are in and all the efforts i'm making to better our lives. it really can be annoying when she accuses me of been stingy with all i'm trying to do. Its not like i spend so much on myself and i don't spend on her at all. i really feel she should be able to see things herself and not have to explain to her always.

Thanks a lot for your advice, you've been helpful.

IMO Never let a woman or anybody for that matter knows what you are worth ( financially).

1 Like

Re: How Much Is Ideal To Be Giving One's Wife As Monthly Stipend? by andyanders: 10:33pm On Jun 19, 2016
Op, you are a very reasonable man and I feel bad hearing that your wife who works and presently, you guys don't have children yet is complaining/rejected N20K feeding allowance.

For me, I will walk straight to the market and buy every item needed at home and she wouldn't have any room to ask for allowance. How much is a bag of rice, carton of tomatoes, magi and other cooking items required at home.Meat/fish/stock fish, you buy and store them at home.

When you guys starts having children, she will then ask you to steal to provide food for her? She is unreasonable.

1 Like

Re: How Much Is Ideal To Be Giving One's Wife As Monthly Stipend? by Nobody: 10:34pm On Jun 19, 2016
Our women don't know how hard we work for our money, they spend money any how, I was giving my wife about 30k per month also taking care of other responsibilities in the house, she spend the money anyhow then I stopped giving her money.

let her learn her lesson before I will start again
Re: How Much Is Ideal To Be Giving One's Wife As Monthly Stipend? by ojuolu(m): 10:34pm On Jun 19, 2016
Onegai:

Once you make it clear that you are okay with sharing financial information with her and taking care of your responsibilities, she should calm down. A lot of times, women act in fear when it comes to money: due to what they have seen or heard. Encourage her to buy small things to decorate the house, make it clear it's "our Family, our money, our home, our decisions together". Not "our money, my decisions alone and if you take out of the money to give your brother a soft loan I will act like you stole from me". That last part, is what I was told by a lady who was shocked to hear I had a joint with hubby. She hides her salary from her husband and demands money too. Because he acts "funny" when he knows she has money or she gave a loan and he found out.

If I were you, i'd turn the giving of the allowance into a fun performance.
You made a whole lot of sense sir. I practise same thing. My wife know the total sum I earn and after I have given her upkeep and housekeep, I still take up minor and random expenses of hers. Bills are practically mine (she is not in a paid job for now). She buy me things and take care of some minor bills from the little she can save from what I am giving her. She, in her own little ways, is even contributing to our building project despite not working. Since I noticed this attributes in her, I pray daily I earn more to give more or God should grant her a wonderful job to earn her own income. Op should be open to her and should not play "the man" in the relationship when it come to disclosure around finance. If you do, women have tendencies to think you earn more than you do and you don't wanna spend it on them.

2 Likes

Re: How Much Is Ideal To Be Giving One's Wife As Monthly Stipend? by kevoh(m): 10:34pm On Jun 19, 2016
Do not for once think that monthly stipend of 20k is love. Your wife already makes 150k and spends only 75k out of it! Don't start what you can not finish, would have been different if she was unemployed

Advice 1: Send that 20k into your kid's account monthly. And if you are already running one for your kid top it up with the 20k. No harm there.
Advice 2: Nigerians have a poor health emergency saving scheme. Open a savings account today with that 20k, if you already have an account for health related issues top it up with the 20k.
Re: How Much Is Ideal To Be Giving One's Wife As Monthly Stipend? by MrTour: 10:36pm On Jun 19, 2016
use 10k divorce her cheesy

3 Likes

Re: How Much Is Ideal To Be Giving One's Wife As Monthly Stipend? by ronald4lif(m): 10:38pm On Jun 19, 2016
Arsenate:
Where are the feminists when you need them
So, basically, you both earn salaries but she still needs monthly stipends from you. Wow.
Women logic 101:
My money is mine alone
My man's money is for all of us.
Yeah, women are that selfish

My nigga, your head dey there. grin

1 Like

Re: How Much Is Ideal To Be Giving One's Wife As Monthly Stipend? by obimath(m): 10:39pm On Jun 19, 2016
My guy just check if you are misusing the money,but if not, make her to know that 20k is not that a small amount cos it is just the two of u now after putting on you guys table.
Re: How Much Is Ideal To Be Giving One's Wife As Monthly Stipend? by Sobeautiful: 10:39pm On Jun 19, 2016
banjolek:

Absolutely on point, apart from saving half of her salary,she doesn't even have to spend a lot of money on transportation as her office is very close to our house. Really baffling.
Seriously? Are you bent on tarnishing the image of your wife/relationship here? I think you've said too much already. You didn't count the cost when you were marrying? Stop washing your dirty linen outside pls. Others have their issues too but are dealing with it without going public. Just hope your wife doesn't get to see all these. And you better take care of your woman. She is your responsibility. You're not supposed to look into whatever she is earning or how big or small it is. Take full responsibility and leave those trying to deceive you here.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Much Is Ideal To Be Giving One's Wife As Monthly Stipend? by MadCow1: 10:39pm On Jun 19, 2016
200'k minimum. That is the ideal minimum.

She has to get her hair and nails done from that money. Buy her cosmetics and toiletries. Then take care of shopping for house supplies and stuff.

Then 50k for food monthly.

Other bills like;

Tuition
Power
Rent
Maintenance (cars and house)
Recharge card
E.t.c are under the guys jurisdiction.

If she works and makes money, her salary is for buying me gifts. angry
Re: How Much Is Ideal To Be Giving One's Wife As Monthly Stipend? by Bluffly: 10:39pm On Jun 19, 2016
banjolek:
Hello guys,

I need your honest opinion on this, how much is really ideal to give one's wife as monthly pocket money?.

Here's my story, i recently got married and also moved to a new 3 bedroom apartment around gbagada. I earn a pretty decent income while my wife also works in the bank with a salary of like 150k. She saves a half of this salary and uses the remaining for upkeep.

Now the issue is my wife insists that i must give her monthly pocket money and i have proposed 20k, an amount i feel is more than adequate for her if added to about 75k which she already has to herself from her salary. Also note that this 20k does not mean i dont get to buy her random stuff during the month or provide anything she asks for if i feel its a reasonable demand.

A1so bear in mind that i am still 100% responsible for providing food and other bills in the house. In addition we just moved to a new apartment like i mentioned earlier and still in the process of furnishing it so a chunk of my monthly salary goes into furnishing the house.

We also have a plan to set up a business for her, so i'm also currently saving part of my salary to fulfill that dream.

Now my wife has rejected the proposed amount of 20k saying its too small.

I need your take on this people, considering all i have mentioned above, is 20k really too small to be giving her monthly?

i wrote this in a hurry, please bear with any typo observed.

Firstly, I am happy for you that you earn pretty well, secondly be prayerful about your marriage. I do not know where you met your wife or how but the fact remains you are married to her. She is your help meet and not your help drain. She is not even thankful to God, that you could spare 20k for her monthly, hmm. What is she doiing with her 75k? I'm sure its frivolities(or maybe she is saving it). If she is not contributing anything of her earnings, then I'm left to wonder why. I am sure that sexually, she will be refusing quite well as well on the basis of tiredness, bla bla bla

You need to be firm and set things straight, which everway be firm. Let her know that she should be thankful to God that your efforts to earn well is been blessed by God, there are many out there with the same efforts as yours that are earning peanuts or probably earning well and managing illness. Draw her to God, make her reason, be firm, be firm.

If you can meet her wants, meet it o but remeber that it's better to put those wants in check as she is insatiable. If you give her 50k, ater some months, she will start craving for more. Your earnings is for the family and her own earning is as well. Assuming she isn't working is a different case.

Above all pray to God before you engage her in any discussion.
Re: How Much Is Ideal To Be Giving One's Wife As Monthly Stipend? by stubbornman(m): 10:40pm On Jun 19, 2016
End time wife
Re: How Much Is Ideal To Be Giving One's Wife As Monthly Stipend? by ndkay: 10:43pm On Jun 19, 2016
Guy, if u want safety in ur new home.....GIVE ALL (I MEAN ALL) YOU MONEY TO YOUR WIFE. SET THE PURCHASE TARGETS FOR YOUR HOME AND SAVINGS TARGET.....WHEN SHE IS READY, SHE WILL RELEASE MONEY TO YOU FOR ANYTHING U GUYS NEED TO PURCHASE. Even when u need money to fuel the cars!!!! SHE WONT BORDER U AGAIN FOR MONEY, COS SHE DISBURSES IT. HAVE TRIED IT.....worked !!!!

And u know the total home income.....so set financial targets that also includes her own targets...make her account for everything she disbursed even to u. Contact me for specifics.
Re: How Much Is Ideal To Be Giving One's Wife As Monthly Stipend? by InvertedHammer: 10:45pm On Jun 19, 2016
banjolek:
Hello guys,

I need your honest opinion on this, how much is really ideal to give one's wife as monthly pocket money?.

Here's my story, i recently got married and also moved to a new 3 bedroom apartment around gbagada. I earn a pretty decent income while my wife also works in the bank with a salary of like 150k. She saves a half of this salary and uses the remaining for upkeep.

Now the issue is my wife insists that i must give her monthly pocket money and i have proposed 20k, an amount i feel is more than adequate for her if added to about 75k which she already has to herself from her salary. Also note that this 20k does not mean i dont get to buy her random stuff during the month or provide anything she asks for if i feel its a reasonable demand.

A1so bear in mind that i am still 100% responsible for providing food and other bills in the house. In addition we just moved to a new apartment like i mentioned earlier and still in the process of furnishing it so a chunk of my monthly salary goes into furnishing the house.

We also have a plan to set up a business for her, so i'm also currently saving part of my salary to fulfill that dream.

I need your take on this people, considering all i have mentioned above, is 20k really too small to be giving her monthly?

/
Haven't you been following the current discussion on gender equality?

IF your household needs N50k per month, she brings N25k and you bring N25k.

Why can't men oblige women in this gender equality request?

\

5 Likes

Re: How Much Is Ideal To Be Giving One's Wife As Monthly Stipend? by AntiWailer: 10:47pm On Jun 19, 2016
And some m0r0n are shouting gender equality.

So she earns 150k and u av to give him monthly allowance.

God knows I will likely not give her a dime

I will only provide for her needs and buy her things randomly like u av been doing.
Re: How Much Is Ideal To Be Giving One's Wife As Monthly Stipend? by badonkadonk: 10:48pm On Jun 19, 2016
The Lord is your strength....
Re: How Much Is Ideal To Be Giving One's Wife As Monthly Stipend? by pryd(m): 10:48pm On Jun 19, 2016
You take care of ALL the bills at home yet your wife who earns about 150K as salary is demanding more than 20k monthly as pocket money; goodness gracious!

At this rate, it wouldn't be a bad idea to literarily have terms and conditions before getting married.
embarassed

5 Likes

Re: How Much Is Ideal To Be Giving One's Wife As Monthly Stipend? by badonkadonk: 10:50pm On Jun 19, 2016
AntiWailer:
And some m0r0n are shouting gender equality.

So she earns 150k and u av to give him monthly allowance.

God knows I will likely not give her a dime

I will only provide for her needs and buy her things randomly like u av been doing.

Gbam! Before I go even consider given her a dime... She go give breakdown of everythibg she uses her monthly salary for... All the way down to the pant wey she buy....

Some ladies can just be heartless....

2 Likes

Re: How Much Is Ideal To Be Giving One's Wife As Monthly Stipend? by AntiWailer: 10:50pm On Jun 19, 2016
ndkay:
Guy, if u want safety in ur new home.....GIVE ALL (I MEAN ALL) YOU MONEY TO YOUR WIFE. SET THE PURCHASE TARGETS FOR YOUR HOME AND SAVINGS TARGET.....WHEN SHE IS READY, SHE WILL RELEASE MONEY TO YOU FOR ANYTHING U GUYS NEED TO PURCHASE. Even when u need money to fuel the cars!!!! SHE WONT BORDER U AGAIN FOR MONEY, COS SHE DISBURSES IT. HAVE TRIED IT.....worked !!!!

And u know the total home income.....so set financial targets that also includes her own targets...make her account for everything she disbursed even to u. Contact me for specifics.

Hahahaha

I pity u.

U go chi chontin
Re: How Much Is Ideal To Be Giving One's Wife As Monthly Stipend? by canalily(m): 10:51pm On Jun 19, 2016
Monthly stipend or stupidundecided

2 Likes

Re: How Much Is Ideal To Be Giving One's Wife As Monthly Stipend? by Chinaka2014(m): 10:51pm On Jun 19, 2016
what is her contribution with the 150k that she earn to your home, if you provide feeding and other bills. be careful she might have hidden agenda.
Re: How Much Is Ideal To Be Giving One's Wife As Monthly Stipend? by AntiWailer: 10:51pm On Jun 19, 2016
badonkadonk:

Gbam! Before I go even consider given her a dime... She go give breakdown of everythibg she uses her monthly salary for... All the way down to the pant wey she buy....

Some ladies can just be heartless....

Thanks jare.

Before she go dey sponsor one ex and put u under nonsense pressure.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Much Is Ideal To Be Giving One's Wife As Monthly Stipend? by outflank: 10:51pm On Jun 19, 2016
What exactly does she need 20K every month for after taking care of food and other necessities for a month? One would have understood if she were a full-time housewife and you refused that she get a job. So she wants to earn salary both at work and at home? She is the selfish one, sorry to say. As someone rightly said, a wife is supposed to be a help mate not an extortionist.

1 Like

Re: How Much Is Ideal To Be Giving One's Wife As Monthly Stipend? by chiwetel(f): 10:51pm On Jun 19, 2016
byvan03:
She is working, I don't know why she is so interested in a stipend when you foot all the bills. She strikes me as greedy, she should be grateful. If she is not accepting the 20k, keep as part of your savings. Don't go trying to convince her to accept it anymore, you give your people money and it's a problem to her? When she isn't lacking? Some women sha.
now that's the word..GREEDY.

I sincerely see no reason why she should ask for the 20k at all,talk more of anything more if she is working,when its not like the money is in abundance.For heaven's sake that's why she's working to supplement the family's finances and not to drain from the little available.Op its good you have lofty plans for the future, try discussing it with her once again, she needs to see reasons to completely support you in those plans,you both should be patners working together to secure a better future.

2 Likes

Re: How Much Is Ideal To Be Giving One's Wife As Monthly Stipend? by ruby360: 10:52pm On Jun 19, 2016
banjolek:
Hello guys,

[size=35pt]
Am Sorry you married a GREEDY Woman.

Don't give her all your salary because it won't be enough for her.[/size]

4 Likes

Re: How Much Is Ideal To Be Giving One's Wife As Monthly Stipend? by hinex(m): 10:55pm On Jun 19, 2016
marriage... nah wah oooo. e no easy shaa
Re: How Much Is Ideal To Be Giving One's Wife As Monthly Stipend? by erico2k2(m): 10:57pm On Jun 19, 2016
banjolek:
Hello guys,

To be honest to put a stop to money issue you have to empower your wife,.Marriage is a joint venture until the end, these days both of you are responsible for whatever outcome you dish out.Gone are the days when teh borden of one particular responsibilities is leveled on one person.
if your wife works and earns salary, both of you should sit down and elect on what you could each do to move yous two forward.It could be if you are renting pay the rent, and bills and kids bills and she could take care of feeding and some small domestics, if she is a Biz woman empower her so she could be dependent and confident.in this instance all you have to do is suprise her with gift every now and then, i n my case my wife actualy suprises me with gift every now and tehn more than I would do.
PS, I wrote this as a template irrespective of your situation at home.
Re: How Much Is Ideal To Be Giving One's Wife As Monthly Stipend? by truthalways(m): 11:00pm On Jun 19, 2016
ndkay:

Your salary is either very small or you are under a spell...buhahahaha

1 Like

Re: How Much Is Ideal To Be Giving One's Wife As Monthly Stipend? by AuroraB(f): 11:01pm On Jun 19, 2016
Royal155:
Ok. Thank you for telling us. Next person please
grin
Did anyone notice he didn't sound-off his salary undecided
Re: How Much Is Ideal To Be Giving One's Wife As Monthly Stipend? by dare2differ: 11:03pm On Jun 19, 2016
I tire for his wife. She is funny
HaneefahRN:
I don't know how people reason o. You both are obviously earning well, yet to have your own house and all she is concerned about is getting more monthly allowance? She should even be the one trying to make sure your money is managed well.

People have given good advice, whatever you do, converse with her with love, discuss at length with her. You need to start planning your future, not spend money as you see it.
Re: How Much Is Ideal To Be Giving One's Wife As Monthly Stipend? by truthalways(m): 11:03pm On Jun 19, 2016
AuroraB:
grin
Did anyone notice he didn't sound-off his salary undecided

Warris your business with his salary undecided

1 Like

Re: How Much Is Ideal To Be Giving One's Wife As Monthly Stipend? by IshaqAyinde(m): 11:04pm On Jun 19, 2016
Better nor start wetin u no fit Finnish, my 1kobo advice. Love her, but dnt make money d top notch, there are 1001 ways to show love.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Ladies What Will You Do In This Situation? / Okada Man's Wife Gives Birth To Triplets In Delta After Welcoming Twins. Photo / Namibian Man Creates Baby Saver Box For Unplanned Pregnancy And Unwanted Babies

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.