Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,992 members, 7,821,462 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 01:19 PM

How Much Is Ideal To Be Giving One's Wife As Monthly Stipend? - Family (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How Much Is Ideal To Be Giving One's Wife As Monthly Stipend? (47385 Views)

Nigerian Husband Brutalizes His Pretty Wife As She Seeks For Divorce. Photos / How Much Do You Give Your Parents As Monthly Stipend? / How Many Children Do You Think Is Ideal For A Family In This Current Economy? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Much Is Ideal To Be Giving One's Wife As Monthly Stipend? by huntila(m): 11:06pm On Jun 19, 2016
banjolek. If you have up to 20 k extra, add it. If not add it 10k more. As a Man you have tried. But if she's not satisfied , talk to her. She's your wife. Nobody knows her like you do. You can't get the best advice here.
Re: How Much Is Ideal To Be Giving One's Wife As Monthly Stipend? by Nobody: 11:07pm On Jun 19, 2016
OP

If all that you have stated here is the truth, then I'd say that your wife is egocentric. So, this is an opportunity for you to call her to order, because failing to do so would spell doom for you on the long run. I wonder how someone would claim to genuinely love another and still derive pleasure in burdening them. Absence of peace doesn't only occur during war but in your kind of condition also.

Ideally, since both of you're working and earning above average pays, she ought to assume responsibility of all feeding needs of the home without expecting any form of stipends from you, while you cater for other needs in the family. And things like gifts should equally be a reciprocal one from both parties. But as a man you would need no one to tell you to always out perform her in buying more gift for her... like buying her car/changing her old one for her on a regular basis.

Believe you me, life could be so easy and sweet when people in a relationship understand each other and genuinely love and care for one another. Covetousness and its senior brother greedy are gravy problems.

Addendum : my opinions above is only useful if you're the prudent, responsible, ambitious and altruistic type.

2 Likes

Re: How Much Is Ideal To Be Giving One's Wife As Monthly Stipend? by phanshark(m): 11:09pm On Jun 19, 2016
Guy! If you want to live long,pls avoid money issue's with ur wife.my advise is,if she is good manager of money than you, & you can trust her with it. You know ur own personal monthly expenditures, just remove you expenditure & give all the money,this way the pressure will move to her. But if she's not a good manager of money,then increase the monthly tips for her. She's your wife, share everything with her,cause love is shearing.

1 Like

Re: How Much Is Ideal To Be Giving One's Wife As Monthly Stipend? by lionshare: 11:09pm On Jun 19, 2016
@OP you are not being honest. You need to tell us how much you earn monthly...all those coming for the wife don't seem to understand that the wife is being prudent by saving half of her salary. Obviously she is not a spendthrift, this demand for allowance might even a corrective measure to make OP ponder on the way he spends his money.

1 Like

Re: How Much Is Ideal To Be Giving One's Wife As Monthly Stipend? by AuroraB(f): 11:09pm On Jun 19, 2016
truthalways:

Warris your business with his salary undecided
And warris your gaddem business with my comment or did you bump your head undecided
Re: How Much Is Ideal To Be Giving One's Wife As Monthly Stipend? by centboy123456(m): 11:10pm On Jun 19, 2016
banjolek:
Hello guys,

I need your honest opinion on this, how much is really ideal to give one's wife as monthly pocket money?.

Here's my story, i recently got married and also moved to a new 3 bedroom apartment around gbagada. I earn a pretty decent income while my wife also works in the bank with a salary of like 150k. She saves a half of this salary and uses the remaining for upkeep.
Now the issue is my wife insists that i must give her monthly pocket money and i have proposed 20k, an amount i feel is more than adequate for her if added to about 75k which she already has to herself from her salary. Also note that this 20k does not mean i dont get to buy her random stuff during the month or provide anything she asks for if i feel its a reasonable demand.

A1so bear in mind that i am still 100% responsible for providing food and other bills in the house. In addition we just moved to a new apartment like i mentioned earlier and still in the process of furnishing it so a chunk of my monthly salary goes into furnishing the house.

We also have a plan to set up a business for her, so i'm also currently saving part of my salary to fulfill that dream.

Now my wife has rejected the proposed amount of 20k saying its too small.

I need your take on this people, considering all i have mentioned above, is 20k really too small to be giving her monthly?

i wrote this in a hurry, please bear with any typo observed.

Hey men I don't know u u don't know me but when I saw die I fall so bad I must tell u first of all how can she rejected the proposed amount of 20k saying its too small for her come on did she marry u for money yes or no why must she say that u are the man of the house and what u tell her to do that what she will do u can't tell her to chose u or her bank work u can tell her to stop and bank work and mke her a full time house wife that if u want u know some tin when a woman see to much money she fall like she on top of the world just image if u lost ur job and u don't have any money how will she act she will just look at u like noting bro what I have to say is that u need to let's her know if she marry u because of money tell her that 20k is money u chose to gave her if she can't take it dan tell her to stop her bank work cuz that d reason she act like that she need to chose u or money guy pls act very fast pls don't let's her to tell u what to do let's her know u are the money of the house what u say is what she will do if she like it or not ok pls do whay I said and think me letter and rember he took me time to write dis don't let's me down ok Godbless u and ur married happy sunday

1 Like

Re: How Much Is Ideal To Be Giving One's Wife As Monthly Stipend? by truthalways(m): 11:11pm On Jun 19, 2016
AuroraB:
And warris your gaddem business with my comment or did you bump your head undecided

Its called a forum miss...i can quote any comment i want

....deal with it tongue

1 Like

Re: How Much Is Ideal To Be Giving One's Wife As Monthly Stipend? by flokii: 11:12pm On Jun 19, 2016
No amount is too much.. For me o

Buh I feel it depends on one's pocket sha... Just make sure she is happy
Re: How Much Is Ideal To Be Giving One's Wife As Monthly Stipend? by claremont(m): 11:16pm On Jun 19, 2016
Some women come to Nairaland and scream about gender equality e.t.c. They go back home to collect 20k per month from their husband/boyfriend. Some people have a warped sense of logic.

5 Likes

Re: How Much Is Ideal To Be Giving One's Wife As Monthly Stipend? by Igwe85(m): 11:16pm On Jun 19, 2016
All your salary
Re: How Much Is Ideal To Be Giving One's Wife As Monthly Stipend? by AuroraB(f): 11:17pm On Jun 19, 2016
truthalways:

Its called a forum miss...i can quote any comment i want

....deal with it tongue
Very well. Buzz off cool
Re: How Much Is Ideal To Be Giving One's Wife As Monthly Stipend? by wallymore(m): 11:19pm On Jun 19, 2016
Ladies....why can't u appreciate whatever ur hubby has given u for God sake... u just marry her she doing like this, what of if u hv live for long...it will become a treat to u. Tel her to appreciate u better. She shld stop comparing u wit others.
Re: How Much Is Ideal To Be Giving One's Wife As Monthly Stipend? by Lexusgs430: 11:19pm On Jun 19, 2016
banjolek:
Hello guys,

I need your honest opinion on this, how much is really ideal to give one's wife as monthly pocket money?.

Here's my story, i recently got married and also moved to a new 3 bedroom apartment around gbagada. I earn a pretty decent income while my wife also works in the bank with a salary of like 150k. She saves a half of this salary and uses the remaining for upkeep.

Now the issue is my wife insists that i must give her monthly pocket money and i have proposed 20k, an amount i feel is more than adequate for her if added to about 75k which she already has to herself from her salary. Also note that this 20k does not mean i dont get to buy her random stuff during the month or provide anything she asks for if i feel its a reasonable demand.

A1so bear in mind that i am still 100% responsible for providing food and other bills in the house. In addition we just moved to a new apartment like i mentioned earlier and still in the process of furnishing it so a chunk of my monthly salary goes into furnishing the house.

We also have a plan to set up a business for her, so i'm also currently saving part of my salary to fulfill that dream.

I need your take on this people, considering all i have mentioned above, is 20k really too small to be giving her monthly?

Both of you should table all your incomes, and make an informed and agreeable decision.

1 Like

Re: How Much Is Ideal To Be Giving One's Wife As Monthly Stipend? by latinoKingdom(m): 11:21pm On Jun 19, 2016
No amount you will give yo her that will satisfy her, because HUMAN NEED IS UNLIMITED, allow her to work. That will be better than giving her money to stay at home
Re: How Much Is Ideal To Be Giving One's Wife As Monthly Stipend? by bezimo(m): 11:22pm On Jun 19, 2016
It depends on what you earn.The more you earn the more you give to your wife as monthly stipend and house upkeep.
Re: How Much Is Ideal To Be Giving One's Wife As Monthly Stipend? by Nobody: 11:25pm On Jun 19, 2016
She is your God on earth, give 10% of your stipends. Ensure its base on % if not you can't return if buhari continue as president and salary is slash as the case is likely to be
Re: How Much Is Ideal To Be Giving One's Wife As Monthly Stipend? by macaranta(m): 11:28pm On Jun 19, 2016
Monthly stipends?I don't get it.Is she your employee?
Give her money on a needs basis. Daz al
Re: How Much Is Ideal To Be Giving One's Wife As Monthly Stipend? by MotionD1: 11:29pm On Jun 19, 2016
to me it depends on what you earn monthly cuz you might be earning 2m and proposing to her 20k which is a pinot meanwhile giving her like 5 percent of your monthly earnings isn't bad and for your information from my experience the best place to save your money is in your wives purs course on a rainy day you will see what she can do to support you if she is a good Waxman. so you may be surprised to know that she may even open another account without informing you and be saving some money there for unforseen circumstances.
Re: How Much Is Ideal To Be Giving One's Wife As Monthly Stipend? by Ibime(m): 11:29pm On Jun 19, 2016
banjolek:
Hello guys,

My guy you are heading for poverty. Please receive sense.

So your wife go dey save for whatever she wants while you go dey spend. The same wife will abuse you ten years from now when you have nothing established.

Put both of your money in the same pot, work out your expenses, and save the rest together, to be used toward a house.

6 Likes

Re: How Much Is Ideal To Be Giving One's Wife As Monthly Stipend? by MotionD1: 11:31pm On Jun 19, 2016
Sorry I mean to say 10 percent not 5
Re: How Much Is Ideal To Be Giving One's Wife As Monthly Stipend? by AreaFada2: 11:36pm On Jun 19, 2016
banjolek:
Hello guys,

Your wife is very self-centred.
I cannot stand such.

You have no business giving her more money.
You foot the whole bills plus saving money for business and renting/furnishing.

What upkeep is she doing with 75k a month?

You wonder if some women have any good plans for their hubby.

The woman should be squeezing some money, even if 10k a month to add to savings towards business.

We live in the 21st century. If women want equal treatment, they must shoulder responsibilities too.

An appreciative woman should already recognise all your efforts and good plans for the future.

Privileges come with obligations.

Why are the feminist wannabes silent on topics like this? shocked shocked

7 Likes

Re: How Much Is Ideal To Be Giving One's Wife As Monthly Stipend? by vanhayor(m): 11:38pm On Jun 19, 2016
banjolek:
Hello guys,

If u weren't matured enough for marriage, y did u go into it....
Hate d idea of bring ur personal matters here on..
Re: How Much Is Ideal To Be Giving One's Wife As Monthly Stipend? by Roadmike(m): 11:42pm On Jun 19, 2016
Sincere Comments,

I think you still need to talk to her. particularly for future sake, as i can understand no kids yet and she works in the Bank, thought you did not say much about yours.

Assumption
possibly while courting you must have give a more flamboyant life style, hence finding it difficult to adjust. Meanwhile in view of the current economic situation with lots of uncertainties both parties need to save more for purposes of future investment.

hence she should manage that while it could be adjusted overtime.

Relationship is about give and take not being heady. It destroys relation ship .

Best of luck

1 Like

Re: How Much Is Ideal To Be Giving One's Wife As Monthly Stipend? by WATERLee1: 11:42pm On Jun 19, 2016
Nice question. Try to remember woman doesn't settle down with a man lesser to her in status. With all her savings n stipends she might use it to do something greater than urs n later discover u aint up to her class n this might go into her head n see u as nothing. The only thing that makes u a man is what she benefits from u n once u lost the gear, forget u could be dumped or take as pinch of salt. U gonna foot the bills of Ur unborn offsprings n shoulder financial stuff of ur siblings, parents n kindred. Try to establish urself bf u turn urself to Bill Gates. Holes aint loyal

1 Like

Re: How Much Is Ideal To Be Giving One's Wife As Monthly Stipend? by duality(m): 11:42pm On Jun 19, 2016
See story.. Our family friend with a wife that earn half of what you claim your wife earn told her husband to take up their building project 100% while she covers the home front with her salary.

It was in our presence they moved into their house.

That week, we vex go find land to buy.

What I just said now is more than enough.

4 Likes

Re: How Much Is Ideal To Be Giving One's Wife As Monthly Stipend? by girl4rmspace(f): 11:43pm On Jun 19, 2016
Arsenate:
Where are the feminists when you need them
So, basically, you both earn salaries but she still needs monthly stipends from you. Wow.
Women logic 101:
My money is mine alone
My man's money is for all of us.
Yeah, women are that selfish

not all women, i personally will not let my husband do all the spending. I love getting things for people i love so i am already the spending type

3 Likes

Re: How Much Is Ideal To Be Giving One's Wife As Monthly Stipend? by Fkforyou(m): 11:46pm On Jun 19, 2016
byvan03:
She is working, I don't know why she is so interested in a stipend when you foot all the bills. She strikes me as greedy, she should be grateful. If she is not accepting the 20k, keep as part of your savings. Don't go trying to convince her to accept it anymore, you give your people money and it's a problem to her? When she isn't lacking? Some women sha.

Impressive.....I adore you for this comment.

1 Like

Re: How Much Is Ideal To Be Giving One's Wife As Monthly Stipend? by Nobody: 11:47pm On Jun 19, 2016
banjolek:
Hello guys,

You are already providing enough your family.
She has her own salary you don't need to give her a fixed stipend. If you feel from your heart you want to give her money that will be fine.

I don't see the need except you have a lot, which in that case wont be a bad idea to give her whenever you want.

1 Like

Re: How Much Is Ideal To Be Giving One's Wife As Monthly Stipend? by girl4rmspace(f): 11:50pm On Jun 19, 2016
banjolek:

Absolutely on point, apart from saving half of her salary,she doesn't even have to spend a lot of money on transportation as her office is very close to our house. Really baffling.

why are you the only one doing all the spending? You both are salary earners so i think she shouldnt be too selfish just because you are the husband.

I personally wouldnt let my husband do all the spending, that will be wicked of me.

Anyway you are a good man. Please talk to your wife and tell her it takes two to build a home not the husband alone.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Much Is Ideal To Be Giving One's Wife As Monthly Stipend? by NigerDeltan(m): 11:53pm On Jun 19, 2016
banjolek:
Hello guys,

Not that your wife is greedy, No
The only problem is she gets to know that you spend so much on your family members

1 Like

Re: How Much Is Ideal To Be Giving One's Wife As Monthly Stipend? by paix(m): 11:56pm On Jun 19, 2016
fem29:

I'm sorry if I were you i would not give her any money if you pay for EVERYTHING. 75k is enough for her. [b]Please use any extra monies to build a house [/b]shikena!
Gbam, you spoke my mind.

1 Like

Re: How Much Is Ideal To Be Giving One's Wife As Monthly Stipend? by ohzee(f): 11:57pm On Jun 19, 2016
duality:
See story.. Our family friend with a wife that earn half of what you claim your wife earn told her husband to take up their building project 100% while she covers the home front with her salary.

It was in our presence they moved into their house.

That week, we vex go find land to buy.

What I just said now is more than enough.

Gbam! This is what a true helpmate does. Whenever my husband has a project I don't ask him for a dime. I even go as far as paying school fees and still contribute what I can to the project. If you marry a good man you have nothing to fear. When you are open with your finances your husband will also be open with his. You build your home together. I can't imagine collecting stipend from my husband. Then what's the point of working? I might as well be a full time housewife. A good man will give his wife monetary gifts from time to time . I have been married for a very long time almost 19 years. Women of nowadays sha.
Anyway you have to pray always about your marriage.

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Ladies What Will You Do In This Situation? / Okada Man's Wife Gives Birth To Triplets In Delta After Welcoming Twins. Photo / Namibian Man Creates Baby Saver Box For Unplanned Pregnancy And Unwanted Babies

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.