Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,509 members, 7,819,839 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:17 AM

Women Want To Be Men, We Can’t Be Equal – Ooni Of Ife’s Wife - Culture (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Women Want To Be Men, We Can’t Be Equal – Ooni Of Ife’s Wife (37936 Views)

Viral Lady In Royal Outfit Is NOT New Ooni Of Ife’s Wife (more Photos) / Canada At 150: Ooni Of Ife & Wife Land In Canada. See How They Were Received / Ooni Of Ife's Wife, Wuraola Is Pregnant, Flaunts Baby Bump (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Women Want To Be Men, We Can’t Be Equal – Ooni Of Ife’s Wife by monex(m): 3:39pm On Jun 18, 2016
HaneefahRN:

That is all I can say. I'm tired of hearing such talks everyday. I have nothing against a man being the head in the home and family structure. And I respect the varying roles each gender plays in the family network.

But don't tell me I am below every, Tom, Dick and Harry cos they were born with di.cks and so gender equality is rubbish. Both gender should have equal opportunities in the Society. Be whatever you want to be, in a good way of course without being discriminated against.
She might see herself as inferior to men, but I don't
I totally share your view?

I speak from religion - Christianity. Christianity is obviously alien to the term equality in marriage. Christianity focuses on obligations and roles. An obligation to submit and an obligation to love. Outside marriage and priesthood, Christianity never placed the man above the woman in society. The fact that some Christian sects (some have taken a position) are yet to take a position on gender equality in society is not strange as Churches only started taking a position with respect to slavery in the 20th century.

Another side to the coin is christian women who try to take the gender equality concept into the home and then end up struggling with submission. I had to explain the concept of respect/submission to a lay recently. She felt her husband had done nothing to earn her respect and was shocked when i told her that respect is not earned in marriage. it is obligatory.

I believe in gender equality, equal opportunities for all gender, the dignity of the human.

4 Likes

Re: Women Want To Be Men, We Can’t Be Equal – Ooni Of Ife’s Wife by Oyimeoyimemua(f): 3:39pm On Jun 18, 2016
MrCow:

Mind what You post, must You show how stoo. pid You are, She is royal and ion think You'll want Your mother to be addressed same way

To your point, they're cool but that doesn't mean they are feminist, in fact the Yoruba's show great deal of respect to their husbands.
GET IT; women can be great in whatever they do but it doesn't mean they are equal to men. Stop this tribal bullshit

respect is reciprocal
Really
Re: Women Want To Be Men, We Can’t Be Equal – Ooni Of Ife’s Wife by Onogiede(m): 3:41pm On Jun 18, 2016
doll912:

Shut your male chauvinist mouth up. We are equal but only our roles are different. It's your type that will still ask his wife to work for money and still call you "daddy". What makes you better than a woman who does everything u can do and still play her role as a mother and wife? Abeg!
calm ur anger my luv,.no be fight..OONI's Wife is so prudent in her speech but ilitrate took it otherway round

1 Like

Re: Women Want To Be Men, We Can’t Be Equal – Ooni Of Ife’s Wife by Maxvasia(m): 3:44pm On Jun 18, 2016
Hilarious. smiley. U could google me and if or wen u do, the qualifications u see therein is very likely to intimidate u my dear. Having said that, i wud like to reiterate that u shud go back to the thread and read again, this time for understanding. Just show that u passed comprehension and summary in high school, dats all. Is that too much to ask? I jus want to save u from impending public embarrassment cos......I care! wink
DollyParton1:

Go back to school and learn how to write. Then come back.

1 Like

Re: Women Want To Be Men, We Can’t Be Equal – Ooni Of Ife’s Wife by Epatty(f): 3:45pm On Jun 18, 2016
proudly feminist...

2 Likes

Re: Women Want To Be Men, We Can’t Be Equal – Ooni Of Ife’s Wife by 989900: 3:45pm On Jun 18, 2016
It is a shame there is no universally accepted definition of feminism -- maybe we should fix that first.

4 Likes

Re: Women Want To Be Men, We Can’t Be Equal – Ooni Of Ife’s Wife by Ezeego1(m): 3:47pm On Jun 18, 2016
Allina:
shame catch me for this woman.why would somebody want to be treated lesser than her fellow human? All these things men are using to brag,things they see as what makes them more superior to us.I don't see them as a big deal.Because some women are doing them with ease.what we want is for the law to give other women the opportunity to do so.Men we no dey drag head of the family with una,we just want our sisters to enjoy education like our brothers,we also want them to marry as adults not children just like our brothers.This is what we mean by gender equality,people she get this into their head and stop spewing thrash most especially those women who just say anything that enters their head in public just to get applauded by their fellow ignorant bigot

Those things you are clamouring for are they not happening in this country?

Una never talk wetin dey una mind.

6 Likes

Re: Women Want To Be Men, We Can’t Be Equal – Ooni Of Ife’s Wife by leahcimzil: 3:48pm On Jun 18, 2016
Bibors:
Words of wisdom, flesh and blood didn't reveal this to you.

Equal partners doesn't mean equal roles. A queen must carry herself as a queen mother when she is not the queen regent but if a queen mother decides to be regent , then her head belongs to the gallows. Elizabeth can testify to that.
so can Cersei

1 Like

Re: Women Want To Be Men, We Can’t Be Equal – Ooni Of Ife’s Wife by Olabestonic001(m): 3:49pm On Jun 18, 2016
cancaworm:
...coming from a second hand . What does she have to offer if not her Vigina .
What equality is she looking for.
She should better respect herself and do what she knows better. Being a second hand to her master.
Following him everywhere . Some one who doesn't have a mind of her own and got married for being olorI. Why would she believe in one.I hope all your children are girls. I pray for all of them be girls. Let's see maybe you will have a rethink. Bush frog .

Sorry ma, she just gave birth to a boy for the Ooni.
I doubt you've had a good man figure in your life by your utterance here. The day you are fortunate to have one, you'll understand her better. But, if you decide to compete with your man, you'll be serially dumped- even if you're the bread champion.

4 Likes

Re: Women Want To Be Men, We Can’t Be Equal – Ooni Of Ife’s Wife by Gokeli23(m): 3:51pm On Jun 18, 2016
banmee:

You also need to grasp what she is really saying though. We are not equal granted, but we are equal partners. One cannot do without the other.
dis d most reasonable ever men and women are not equal but dey can depend on as each other 2 surrive we just have 2 treat ourselves with mutual respect

1 Like

Re: Women Want To Be Men, We Can’t Be Equal – Ooni Of Ife’s Wife by leahcimzil: 3:51pm On Jun 18, 2016
989900:
It is a shame there is no universally accepted definition of feminism -- maybe we should fix that first.
it's like cancer...it can't be fixed cos there are different causes(definitions)

3 Likes

Re: Women Want To Be Men, We Can’t Be Equal – Ooni Of Ife’s Wife by monex(m): 3:53pm On Jun 18, 2016
Allina:
shame catch me for this woman.why would somebody want to be treated lesser than her fellow human? All these things men are using to brag,things they see as what makes them more superior to us.I don't see them as a big deal.Because some women are doing them with ease.what we want is for the law to give other women the opportunity to do so.Men we no dey drag head of the family with una,we just want our sisters to enjoy education like our brothers,we also want them to marry as adults not children just like our brothers.This is what we mean by gender equality,people she get this into their head and stop spewing thrash most especially those women who just say anything that enters their head in public just to get applauded by their fellow ignorant bigot

exactly and this is my definition of gender equality - equal opportunities irrespective of gender.

i also believe energies should be expended where the inequality gap is strongest - in the north IMO.

2 Likes

Re: Women Want To Be Men, We Can’t Be Equal – Ooni Of Ife’s Wife by MizzD: 3:55pm On Jun 18, 2016
Joavid:
so this Olosho turned queen now feel she has an opinion....

smh.

off course she wouldn't know anything about equality, she bleeped her way through life.

Do you blame her? Sebi she can handle mic and be seen and heard. Years ago, women like her were found only in the kitchen. Their roles were solely to serve their husbands and nuture kids. Now she can make public appearance and make a speech publicly. She can change husbands and not be stoned.

I don't understand why equal rights is being interpreted to mean emasculation of the male species or dominating the world. Too many ignorant folks everywhere. undecided

15 Likes

Re: Women Want To Be Men, We Can’t Be Equal – Ooni Of Ife’s Wife by monex(m): 3:55pm On Jun 18, 2016
989900:

exactly fix that. I support geneder equality (i mean equal opportunities for all) but i have too many versions of feminism to take any version serious.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Women Want To Be Men, We Can’t Be Equal – Ooni Of Ife’s Wife by donifez(m): 3:56pm On Jun 18, 2016
Oyimeoyimemua:
God bless u jare

You too dear.

1 Like

Re: Women Want To Be Men, We Can’t Be Equal – Ooni Of Ife’s Wife by puffcity: 3:56pm On Jun 18, 2016
Joavid:

smh.

off course she wouldn't know anything about equality, she bleeped her way through life.
u b virgin? Can u swear say na one dick don enter ur hole?? Eyin were olosho to n package ara yin

5 Likes

Re: Women Want To Be Men, We Can’t Be Equal – Ooni Of Ife’s Wife by iykedare(m): 4:01pm On Jun 18, 2016
HaneefahRN:
She is inferior to her driver nau, no be man?

So you think that you are worth more than a male driver? Seriously?

2 Likes

Re: Women Want To Be Men, We Can’t Be Equal – Ooni Of Ife’s Wife by delishpot: 4:01pm On Jun 18, 2016
She dis not lie. Women are not equal to Ken and men are not equal to women. Each gender is unique and men have their special roles to play with hat a woman can not replace. Likewise a good woman's role can never be replaced by a man.
She is wise

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Women Want To Be Men, We Can’t Be Equal – Ooni Of Ife’s Wife by God2man(m): 4:02pm On Jun 18, 2016
I don't want to agree with this assertion.

Some men are not willing to take responsibilities.

This is the blunt truth.

Some women are willing to go extra mile to make posiive things happen.

I do not think it has anything to do with gender.

It is attitude.
Re: Women Want To Be Men, We Can’t Be Equal – Ooni Of Ife’s Wife by FANE4Naija: 4:05pm On Jun 18, 2016
cancaworm:
...coming from a second hand . What does she have to offer if not her Vigina .
What equality is she looking for.
She should better respect herself and do what she knows better. Being a second hand to her master.
Following him everywhere . Some one who doesn't have a mind of her own and got married for being olorI. Why would she believe in one.I hope all your children are girls. I pray for all of them be girls. Let's see maybe you will have a rethink. Bush frog .

Do you see how much of a hypocrite you are or do you just engage in psittacism just to belong? You pose to be a feminist but can't respect a woman because she spoke her mind.
You are already transgressing a major rule of feminism- women should not be limited to what they choose to do with their vagina.

Oga, don't just go about or come online drenching yourself in stupidity. You get me?

6 Likes

Re: Women Want To Be Men, We Can’t Be Equal – Ooni Of Ife’s Wife by amtaken(f): 4:06pm On Jun 18, 2016
A typical example of a frustrated person.

Did you see the part where I said I don't touch my salaries?

Most feminists are frustrated dykes anyway.

Dey there dey fight man make wise women dey enjoy them.

All your evil words go back to you with immediate effect.

Bye too!

cancaworm:

Just because of free ticket he buys for you.So you cannot pay for your ticket?you should keep quiet and lock yourself to telemondo let the enlightened folks do the talking. Open bombom and produce baby. Work you dont have. Money you cant make.What do you want to support again.You might be thrown out of that house soon. Enjoy the free food for now. Girl bye.

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Women Want To Be Men, We Can’t Be Equal – Ooni Of Ife’s Wife by geesilver(m): 4:07pm On Jun 18, 2016
doll912:

Shut your male chauvinist mouth up. We are equal but only our roles are different. It's your type that will still ask his wife to work for money and still call you "daddy". What makes you better than a woman who does everything u can do and still play her role as a mother and wife? Abeg!
Well, tallk is cheap otherwise who would authorise stinking mouth of yours to make a senseless contribution in an issue of this sensitivity, I don't blame you if you ever have a husband you would never dare to reply me in such a manner........and who knows may be you ve one and u don't respect him, how would u respect others
@ times I pity people with. Such low thinking faculty trying hard to make fool of themselves publicly, I pity the man dat wil marry u

3 Likes

Re: Women Want To Be Men, We Can’t Be Equal – Ooni Of Ife’s Wife by Olabestonic001(m): 4:07pm On Jun 18, 2016
cancaworm:

Just because of free ticket he buys for you.So you cannot pay for your ticket?you should keep quiet and lock yourself to telemondo let the enlightened folks do the talking. Open bombom and produce baby. Work you dont have. Money you cant make.What do you want to support again.You might be thrown out of that house soon. Enjoy the free food for now. Girl bye.

Did you have that much problems with the male-folks? I dare tell you that with your reasoning, you might end up a lonely woman. She respects her man and she'll get more to her asset.

3 Likes

Re: Women Want To Be Men, We Can’t Be Equal – Ooni Of Ife’s Wife by amtaken(f): 4:08pm On Jun 18, 2016
Y'all can choose to fight with men because you have bad men anyway while those of us blessed with gentlemen can continue to enjoy our men.

Amen!
banmee:

Western woman: Where is the woman who wrote the above from?

African Woman: From Nigeria. It's in Africa.

Western woman: Oh. Makes sense now.

African Woman: Why?

Western woman? Nothing. Carry on.

7 Likes

Re: Women Want To Be Men, We Can’t Be Equal – Ooni Of Ife’s Wife by HaneefahRN(f): 4:08pm On Jun 18, 2016
iykedare:

So you think that you are worth more than a male driver? Seriously?

*rolls eye*, so is he superior to me cos he is male? He can be the head in his home not claim he is superior to me cos he has a di. ck. No one is superior to the other. We are all humans whatever gender you might be.

8 Likes

Re: Women Want To Be Men, We Can’t Be Equal – Ooni Of Ife’s Wife by AlPeter: 4:13pm On Jun 18, 2016
HaneefahRN:
She is inferior to her driver nau, no be man?
see them. Bunch of clowns with Low self esteem, you can't even understand her.let me be generous enough to dash you some understanding, Men and Women Are Unique and CAN NEVER BE EQUALS fighting for equality is an insult to the Women.

5 Likes

Re: Women Want To Be Men, We Can’t Be Equal – Ooni Of Ife’s Wife by Bluffly: 4:14pm On Jun 18, 2016
DollyParton1:
Nonsense.
Some people just try so hard to be relevant.
Of course a rapist is superior to her na. Shebi we are not equal.
Both sides have idiots and any sex can learn self defence skills
Re: Women Want To Be Men, We Can’t Be Equal – Ooni Of Ife’s Wife by HaneefahRN(f): 4:15pm On Jun 18, 2016
AlPeter:
see them. Bunch of clowns with Low self esteem, you can't even understand her.let me be generous enough to dash you some understanding, Men and Women Are Unique and CAN NEVER BE EQUALS fighting for equality is an insult to the Women.

Run along boy. I don't share same view with her. We are equal but with different unique roles.

5 Likes

Re: Women Want To Be Men, We Can’t Be Equal – Ooni Of Ife’s Wife by FANE4Naija: 4:16pm On Jun 18, 2016
Joavid:

smh.

SMH! Coming from a supposed female.
Aren't you just tired of frolicking in being a low life?
Your comment is one of the reasons why many know that women themselves are the greatest saboteurs of feminism.
Why would you degrade another woman?
Why would you believe that she would not have been where she is if she had not open her legs?
My dear even if she is an "olosho turned queen", it won't stop the candidiasis and herpes that's ravaging your wide hole.
Shalom.

2 Likes

Re: Women Want To Be Men, We Can’t Be Equal – Ooni Of Ife’s Wife by Nobody: 4:18pm On Jun 18, 2016
That's y she is on her 3rd marriage with an identity swap... I'm not listening o.

Don't take counsel from everybody !!!

1 Like

Re: Women Want To Be Men, We Can’t Be Equal – Ooni Of Ife’s Wife by banmee(m): 4:24pm On Jun 18, 2016
amtaken:
Y'all can choose to fight with men because you have bad men anyway while those of us blessed with gentlemen can continue to enjoy our men.

Amen!

We are not talking about your particular circumstance which seems to be awesome. Lucky you. What about the millions of women in Nigeria who are being treated like straight up dirt? They should just take it because you have a gentleman you are enjoying abi?

3 Likes

Re: Women Want To Be Men, We Can’t Be Equal – Ooni Of Ife’s Wife by cutekhalifa(m): 4:25pm On Jun 18, 2016
Abeg fake some smile

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

The Caribbean Islands Where Indigenes Speak Igbo And Yoruba / Elizabeth Odunlami: Ooni Of Ife, Ogunwusi Denies Marriage Promise / Anambra Man's Corpse Abandoned In Taraba For Not Being Member Of Igbo Union (Pic

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.