Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,864 members, 7,817,559 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:21 PM

Why Faith Is Bad - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Faith Is Bad (16715 Views)

Faith Oyedepo's 60th Birthday: Adeboye, Enenche, Ibiyeomie Others Attend / Faith Is A Race, Run Your Own / 5 Reasons Why Having Faith Is So Important (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Faith Is Bad by Seun(m): 7:11pm On Jun 18, 2016
haibe:
U have a point tho.. but u dont realise we all have faith in one thing or the other.
I think you're referring to a different definition of faith. I'll make the title less ambiguous.
Re: Why Faith Is Bad by bolt000(m): 7:13pm On Jun 18, 2016
analice107:

When you speak the truth in the face of political correctness (Which is what you are doing right now) you are termed aggressive. And Yes, the truth is always aggressive.
Do you remember Apostle Paul rebuking Apostle Peter in Ephesus (I think)? Do you remember what made a much more younger Paul both in age and in Faith, rebuke a much more senior Peter? Peter was fearful, sees the truth but tries to be diplomatic, tries to rationalize it, Paul stood before him and told him off, call him aggressive you like.
Sir, be the Christian that you can be, hide under False Wisdom and diplomacy, but all of us won't be the same. A Spade is called a Spade, not a gardening tool.

You are afraid to die, hence you won't speak the truth? I see. Here is what the Bible says about those who love their lives to the detriment of the gospel;

He that loveth his life shall lose it; and he that hateth his life in this world shall keep it unto life eternal.
John:12:25
Re: Why Faith Is Bad by urahara(m): 7:23pm On Jun 18, 2016
joseph1832:
A boy can dream, but an adult should tell a boy dreaming too much makes one loose touch with reality. grin

Lol. grin.

But na like analice , frosbel start.

1 Like

Re: Why Faith Is Bad by Chuksemi(m): 7:23pm On Jun 18, 2016
Seun:
Many people feel society should let people believe whatever they want to believe and not bother them as long as they are not imposing their beliefs on others. I disagree. All beliefs should be fair game for criticism, mockery and objective testing so that they can be abandoned if they are shown to be wrong. There should be no sacred cows because every wrong belief can cause harm.

Sire, I beg to differ. Seeking to mock and debase the religious choice or belief of others is a form of discrimination on it's own. I understand your scientific stance and propagation of a rational belief system. I think you shouldn't overlook the emotional effects of outright mockery of ones belief.

Not every belief has to have a science backed proof. Science itself is considered by many as a form of religion on its own, propagating science based beliefs is akin to forced indoctrination. We have come past that.

Meanwhile. Please check www.nairaland.com/3173867/letter-potential-undergraduates . I want to get your thoughts on this. Thank you.
Re: Why Faith Is Bad by Seun(m): 7:28pm On Jun 18, 2016
shineforthmedia:
it is much more difficult to proove there is no God either.
You don't need to prove that there is no God, just as you don't need to prove that Superman is not a real person. You should withold belief until you have a rational reason to believe.

there are milliions of questions science and logic can't answer
That has always been and will always be the case. If science could answer every question, scientists would have no more work to do. But that doesn't mean that religion has the answers. Religion has an abysmal track record when it comes to answering questions about reality. Whenever science and religion disagree, science wins.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Faith Is Bad by winner01(m): 7:28pm On Jun 18, 2016
Whats the meaning of blind faith? Can you explain why anything exists in the first place if your faith in atheism is not blind? undecided
Re: Why Faith Is Bad by Fynestboi: 7:41pm On Jun 18, 2016
Omooba77:

Matthew 17:14-22.My brother you cant prove to me there no God,I was an athiest in my early days in the University before God deliver me from lies of metal physicians.Im on a journey sir later in the day

What are you saying bayi.

I never said there is no God, did I?

It is your type that gives Atheist upper hand, prove the existence of God without alluding to the scripture.
Re: Why Faith Is Bad by winner01(m): 7:42pm On Jun 18, 2016
Seun:
You don't need to prove that there is no God, just as you don't need to prove that Superman is not a real person. You should withold belief until you have a rational reason to believe.

That has always and will always be the case. If science could answer every question, scientists would have no more work to do. But that doesn't mean that religion has the answers. Religion has an abysmal track record when it comes to answering questions about reality. Whenever science and religion disagree, science wins.
Do you believe that science owes its origin to religion. Christianity especially.?
Re: Why Faith Is Bad by analice107: 7:44pm On Jun 18, 2016
bolt000:
Please Please And Please I Am Not Advocating For The Devil, I Am Just Stating The Fact That
You were mentioned, go in there and see how many people atheists leaders have killed around the world.
Re: Why Faith Is Bad by shineforthmedia: 7:51pm On Jun 18, 2016
Seun:

in chess this is what we call a stalemate

Whenever science and religion disagree, science wins.

i agree

but just as i said earlier we have to hold on to something till we know better although what we believe might sometimes be wrong as history as shown us.
Re: Why Faith Is Bad by winner01(m): 7:52pm On Jun 18, 2016
analice107:

You were mentioned, go in there and see how many people atheists leaders have killed around the world.
Atheism and islam are similar in terms of intolerance. They all want a totalitarian style of domination. Thank God for christianity.

Re: Why Faith Is Bad by Seun(m): 8:00pm On Jun 18, 2016
winner01:
Do you believe that science owes its origin to religion. Christianity especially.?
How?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Faith Is Bad by Omooba77: 8:07pm On Jun 18, 2016
Fynestboi:

What are you saying bayi.

I never said there is no God, did I?

It is your type that gives Atheist upper hand, prove the existence of God without alluding to the scripture.

There is no way you can prove the existence of God without recourse to the Bible.
Also if you want the traditional and scientifical prove I can adjure too.
Olodumare is believed to be the Most powerful deity among Yoruba.
I have read much about Charles Darwin's law; lets assume we all evolutes;where does the small orgamism came from. Isaac Newton,James Watt, Thomas Edisson and so on believed in God. Earlier there was conflict between the church and Scientists of then because of some of their postulates,but as time went on many of the theories aligned with the Bible. Though there are still some grey areas.
Re: Why Faith Is Bad by joseph1832(m): 8:47pm On Jun 18, 2016
urahara:

Lol. grin.
But na like analice , frosbel start.
LOL.
Re: Why Faith Is Bad by joseph1832(m): 8:50pm On Jun 18, 2016
winner01:
Atheism and islam are similar in terms of intolerance. They all want a totalitarian style of domination. Thank God for christianity.
Oh yea? And what about christianity? What tha hell is threatening people with Hell fire, if they don't behave in a particular way, and believe in a particular thing?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

An Atheist Encountered Powers In Dunamis; There Is God Ooooo / Ramadan: Christians Feed Muslim Orphans & Widows In Kafanchan, Kaduna (Photos) / I Cannot Reject Aircraft Gift –S.K Abiara

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.