Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,759 members, 7,824,182 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 03:14 AM

Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC - Health (632) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC (5413355 Views)

Pregnant After Trying To Conceive (ttc)?pls Come In To Chat/share With Others!! / Weight Loss/gain For Ladies Trying To Conceive / How To Conceive A Baby Boy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (629) (630) (631) (632) (633) (634) (635) ... (3053) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Nobody: 12:36pm On Oct 16, 2014
I tried clomid for 2 cycles 50mg on days 5-9 but it moved my cycle from 26-47 days each time and I decided never to use it again.[quote author=praisefulmum post=27187154]

Could clomid be the reason i developed pcos last year? i was a regular 29days cycle and after my doctor placed me on several rounds of clomid and some progesterone tabs i started experiencing fluctuations btw 35-45 days cycle, AF reduced to 2 days and scan result started showing pcos and it got to a point where clomid could not make my follicle grow beyound 9mm instead it was shrinking them.....i really suspect this clomid o! if i had not gone to review my old folder i would have been thinking i had it all along...it is well! God is repairing all the damages that has been done already.

we just have to be careful....who knows if clomid can trigger pcos or even perimenopause...afterall they didnt state what the long term side effect of clomid are

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Juwonesho(f): 1:28pm On Oct 16, 2014
Dasha01:
I tried clomid for 2 cycles 50mg on days 5-9 but it moved my cycle from 26-47 days each time and I decided never to use it again.
hmmmm who knows? I took clomid for 2 months n my CL got extended but not more than 2-4days sha. N I experienced even more painful AF with big, brown clots. But for me, no (obvious) side effects whatsoever n ironically it was on those 2 cycles I recollect ever seeing EWCM for abt 2days in my fertile period. Never get any EWCM nt even the cycle I took Robittussin n drank much water like fish during d day.
Pls does anyone know d cause for dryness down there all the time, even during pre-intimacy n BD? I dn't get arousal fluid at all

1 Like

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Nobody: 1:44pm On Oct 16, 2014
@juwonesho, thats the hand work of clomid....dryness and thinning of the endometrium...so after it helps you release an egg, it blows harmattan breeze over the passage making it rough and un-motorable and if the swimmers manage to use okada to get to the wall, it is so thin and almost at the point of collapse like the wall of jericho...clomid is the good, the bad and the ugly...infact clomid cause "am not in the mood syndrome" long term use is not advisable but doctors will keep perscribing it almost on a monthly basis till you run away by yourself.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by shithapuns: 1:56pm On Oct 16, 2014
max u shud use clomid is 6months...infact after 3months if it didnt work..it will most likely not work.....its best if clomid is used in combination with monitoring/scans to check the follicle/endometruim thickness etc..but NO!, most docs just prescribe the thing like no man biz, no monitoring, no nothing........

right procedure is start u with 50mg, observe u, if nothing is seen, then it cud be ramped up to 100mg daily....usually taken day 2 or 3..for 5 days.......some docs prescribe from day 5.......not very normal though
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by mumydidi(f): 2:06pm On Oct 16, 2014
@mamas in the house pls what are the quickest natural ways to unblock tubes and which hospitals are best in flushing tubes in abuja.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Juwonesho(f): 3:27pm On Oct 16, 2014
@Dasha01 Lol. Me I took it only 2 cycles o, but I've noticed the dryness like several mths before I even took d clomid. I'm thinking maybe it's d very often lovemaking that has turned to BD cos of TTC that's d culprit but I'm nt sure :/
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Teegali(f): 3:39pm On Oct 16, 2014
Clomid ,hmm is really good ,bad n ugly. the times I took it extended my cycle to 35 days , n my doctor was not even monitoring me to check if it was working or not.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Nobody: 4:22pm On Oct 16, 2014
Dp

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by MelsMum(f): 4:45pm On Oct 16, 2014
shithapuns:
max u shud use clomid is 6months...infact after 3months if it didnt work..it will most likely not work.....its best if clomid is used in combination with monitoring/scans to check the follicle/endometruim thickness etc..but NO!, most docs just prescribe the thing like no man biz, no monitoring, no nothing........
right procedure is start u with 50mg, observe u, if nothing is seen, then it cud be ramped up to 100mg daily....usually taken day 2 or 3..for 5 days.......some docs prescribe from day 5.......not very normal though

as in eh......my doctor just gave me the clomid, like that, he didn't say anything about monitoring or anything at all. Some doctors sha.and he loves money, private hospitals can Sapp people of thier money sha. God dey........
this is my first cycle using clomid and I so don't think I wanna use it agn considering my history of ectopic. My ovulation predict didn't even give me a firm/clear positive, was bding all through.

1 Like

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Nobody: 5:00pm On Oct 16, 2014
I took my results (hsg, hormone profile and TVS) to another gynae, he only prescribed primolut N and clomid.
Has anyone been prescribed primolut N and clomid? Did it work, or are they any side effects?

NB; I was diagnosed with PCOS

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by onyinyechika08: 5:36pm On Oct 16, 2014
@Didiva am good dear, saw d pm o and I replid dnt kno if I did it proprly sha. Kindly send me a mail on onyinyechika08@gmail.com. Thanks a lot.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by babyfactory: 5:45pm On Oct 16, 2014
Hello my adorable e-family, i have been following dis thread for along time and i must say it has been most benefical. Abeg my sabi sabi bros and sis, how can i boost egg quality naturally most preferrably with food/fruits?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by modaofnations(f): 6:47pm On Oct 16, 2014
babyfactory:
Hello my adorable e-family, i have been following dis thread for along time and i must say it has been most benefical. Abeg my sabi sabi bros and sis, how can i boost egg quality naturally most preferrably with food/fruits?
Beans, green vegetables, whole grains. If u can eat beans or its products everyday, u'll see result. Ie either Akara & pap(preferably millet), moimoi, beans itself. Pls 4get about beef 4 now completely. Embrace Titus fish. Fruits ofcos everyday esp watermelon & carrot
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Itissettled3: 7:12pm On Oct 16, 2014
@blesseddiva, Thanks a lot.

@Wsfirstlady, I have taken primolutN before, it was given to induce/force out AF then I started clomid on the 2nd day of AF.

I have taken clomid severally even up to 150mg. I am Now on another type of ovulation inducement drug (self medication) which I read works well for pcos. I pray God uses this to work for me.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by lamdec(f): 8:18pm On Oct 16, 2014
MelsMum:
Good evening mamas n papas in the house.
those that asked for the e.book pls check your inbox,sent them already.
welcome to new mamas.
my love to everyone and baby dust to us all.
Holding unto the Fathers words that never fails.

Hi @melsmum, please I am still expecting the e-book, I will highly appreciate it if you can send it to me. Holluyemikar@yahoo.com. Thanks a bunch

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by mumofallnation: 8:41pm On Oct 16, 2014
Can one take it to unblock a blocked tube?
BlessedDiva:
@Itissettled3 dearie I tried to copy n paste this last night but d net was so slow but here it is:

Pls note that aligator pepper is very good, I got a cup of it and blended it, I take a spoonof it with water daily, most times on empty stomach, I found out it aided the dead tissue to come out faster, helps me with bowel movement, I had this strange pain/feeling unease in my head and now its gone, cyst too is gone in a week.

I blended the AP dry cos I can preserve it that way, wen am redi to take it I take a spoon if it and add water to it, little qty of water so I can take it at once cos its kinda prepperish. For the ginger blend d qty u need to take that same day and add a spoon of AP which u alredi grounded to it and mix with water then take, I take it once a day.

As for warm water, I use it with ordinary water, it won't be bad u use with warm water though. I just downloaded all I read in the research papper and warm water wasn't mentioned.

It surely will clear all d yamayama, I dnt do evacuation at 10weeks I only used aligator pepper and augumentin tab, and am ok. D day I started d AP was wen the big tissue/sac came out, two like that. My dr was surprised sef. Plus some yamayama coming out of me, then I knew the AP was at work this was even before I read from the papper what it does.

Note:AP=Aligator pepper
Note, since the flow of mc I have been taking it, I took it for close to two weeks. My tommy is back to normal, flat.

For the prolactine, am sure it took care of that but I haven't tested to know.

If you want to cleanse your system or remove cyst, blood clots, this pepper is good for it, I have read some research pappers on it, treating high prolactin, helps remve blood clots, good for treating cyst, fibroid and more.(If you are using it to treat fibroid n cyst, use it with ginger).

Note: don't take it once it has worked for the purpose you are using it for because its not good for first trimester mothers, it can cause miscarriage, cos it cleanses the system. Like somone said, don't take after ovulation exept you are so sure no pregnancy, its not pregnancy friendly until in third trimester. Good only after second trimester.

You can take it from two weeks to delivery, it aid birth without induction,good for labour (that you might not have labour pain) scientist confirmed it.

If you want to cleanse your system and you don't get the bitters, try aligator pepper.

I only took this during my mc and scan confirmed am ok, so am a testimony to it.

(Copied)
Good morning blessed n fruitful ppl

Fertility blessings to us all
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Nobody: 8:51pm On Oct 16, 2014
@itissettled3, thanks for ur response. Did primolut N succeed in forcing out AF?...... And while on the clomid, we're u also monitoring ur O?..... (sorry for the plenty qstns)

Pls, if it's convenient for u, can I knw what other OV induction medication ur taking or intend taking. Thanks once again and shrinking baby dust ur way.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Immibabe: 9:03pm On Oct 16, 2014
@ Dasha01, (Lol) thanks 4 dat humorous analogy. It's a kinda therapy we need smx. God bless u sis.

@ Melsmus, kindly send me the e-book too. My email is moniolal0@gmail.com. Thanks so much dearie.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by MelsMum(f): 10:02pm On Oct 16, 2014
@immibabe
@iamdec

sent dearies.

af showed today and its flowing like no mans business.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by BlessedDiva: 10:34pm On Oct 16, 2014
@Itissettled u are welcome sis

@mumofallnation, ♍y sister I honestly don't knw if alligator pepper unblock blocked fallopian tubes cos I copied it n saved it in ♍y inbox from someone that posted it b4 NL hacking wahala, the original poster can answer ur questn if she's still active. I pray sabi mamas come to ur aid cos I'll love to know too

Pls sistas help out if u hv knowledge of how to unblock tubes naturally
@Melsmum next cycle will be BFP iJn~Amen

God bless n sleep tight all
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by calaharry: 12:30am On Oct 17, 2014
Wsfirstlady:
I took my results (hsg, hormone profile and TVS) to another gynae, he only prescribed primolut N and clomid.
Has anyone been prescribed primolut N and clomid? Did it work, or are they any side effects?

NB; I was diagnosed with PCOS
It is better to seek another opinion from a standard fertility clinic not just a hospital. If you hav polycystic ovary ,pls don't take clomide oh! Your Cyst can be drain and you can be put on a good Hormonal drug suitable for your profile test.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by calaharry: 12:35am On Oct 17, 2014
MelsMum:

as in eh......my doctor just gave me the clomid, like that, he didn't say anything about monitoring or anything at all. Some doctors sha.and he loves money, private hospitals can Sapp people of thier money sha. God dey........
this is my first cycle using clomid and I so don't think I wanna use it agn considering my history of ectopic. My ovulation predict didn't even give me a firm/clear positive, was bding all through.
You are quite correct ,clomide should never be used at all. Pls tell others b4 they fall victim to some inexperienced doc.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by donchrisk(m): 8:59am On Oct 17, 2014
[quote author=Arlington post=4569619]This is the 3rd time i am writting a reply i still cant see it!
Aladunni, i have used clomid i took the 50mg i responded well to it i have most times 3 good follicles measuring anywhere from 14 to 25mm .
Are you taking clomid under doctors orders or just over the counter? Please be careful so you don't hyperstimulate your self as you will need monitoring ie ultrasound while taking clomid.

Empadac yes i have done alot of tests even some i did not need to do and  they cant find anything wrong. i have checked my blood to be sure i don't have blood clots that can cause miscarriages but still nothing , my doctor is  a the leading doctor in infertility and he has told me i should just be patient, as they cant find anything wrong why i am having miscarriages. but i am doing my own little research i have heard of something called natural killer cells that thinks a baby is a foreign body and trys to expel it before it grows. May that not be my portion.

mypeace you can still ovulate without visible  CM .Having miscarriage pls what's ur rhesus factor try and check thst

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by TCF1980(m): 9:13am On Oct 17, 2014
Been on this TTC race for the past 4yrs and some months. At first, it was ma fluid which with the help of fetilaid for men, count and motility boost have gone up well (all glory to God). Wify has normal 28 days cycle and no issue. Had high prolactine sometime back which I believe her supplements must have settled too. Month by month we pray that Af doesn't show and the more we have waited and prayed, the more the disappointment.

This month, she spotted on Wednesday 15th and then today 17th instead of the 18th being the 28th day (although not expecting it). I pray and wish is implantation spotting. Often times I ask myself why did I ever get married in the first place.... Could this be that God doesn't know what those that reference His name and worships Him go through? We have sown seeds, worked tirelessly with in His vineyard. Pastors and church members had fasted, had vigils for our sake... prophecies upon prophecies amounting to nothing...

All the while, I have been supporting/encouraging wify whenever she' down while I go to the toilet on my own to cry it out without her knowing... I think is time to let God be and live each day as I see it since He seems too far to listen to our cries, so distant away to see our heartfelt tears... Doctors all over have sapped us dry, some telling wify to move on... unfriendly friends have done theirs by trying to put assunder... I don't blame them all the same. If God had given us reason to dance, no one would have be asking us the efficacy of the God we are worshiping...

So fed up!
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Keji3: 9:40am On Oct 17, 2014
shithapuns:

BIG FAT POSITIVE!!!......................i hope thats your case, thats the cause from most cases on the internet
sry if am raising ur hopes grin grin grin

Lolz I won't raise the hopes too high cos it full AF but i'm jst worried abt the pinkish colour. Good morning fruitful mothers and fathers
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by twintower: 9:46am On Oct 17, 2014
TCF1980:
Been on this TTC race for the past 4yrs and some months. At first, it was ma fluid which with the help of fetilaid for men, count and motility boost have gone up well (all glory to God). Wify has normal 28 days cycle and no issue. Had high prolactine sometime back which I believe her supplements must have settled too. Month by month we pray that Af doesn't show and the more we have waited and prayed, the more the disappointment.
This month, she spotted on Wednesday 15th and then today 17th instead of the 18th being the 28th day (although not expecting it). I pray and wish is implantation spotting. Often times I ask myself why did I ever get married in the first place.... Could this be that God doesn't know what those that reference His name and worships Him go through? We have sown seeds, worked tirelessly with in His vineyard. Pastors and church members had fasted, had vigils for our sake... prophecies upon prophecies amounting to nothing...
All the while, I have been supporting/encouraging wify whenever she' down while I go to the toilet on my own to cry it out without her knowing... I think is time to let God be and live each day as I see it since He seems too far to listen to our cries, so distant away to see our heartfelt tears... Doctors all over have sapped us dry, some telling wify to move on... unfriendly friends have done theirs by trying to put assunder... I don't blame them all the same. If God had given us reason to dance, no one would have be asking us the efficacy of the God we are worshiping...
So fed up!

My brother you are actually sounding fed up.I want to bring to your remembrance that the lady who started this thread got pregnant after trying for five years. God will wipe away your tears and you will remember this day.

You have to do this for me.I want you and your wife to keep TTC out of your minds for now.occupy your minds with different things.go out for sports together maybe twice a week to cut down some weights.let your breakfast be fruits and your lunch and supper vegetables.let your wife take her routine supplements and make sure you bad every two days.when bding,don't put it in your mind that you are doing it for children.be happy always and keep trusting God.he is no respecter of person.he is still doing it and will always do marvelous things.don't complain or murmur and give it a try for another month.let your wife eat pineapple core after ovulation.just keep faith

6 Likes

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by mytestimony: 10:57am On Oct 17, 2014
TCF1980:

So fed up!

Hmmmm. It is not easy. Trust me. Hubby and I had a similar dilema. Nothing he no drink. Nowhere we did not travel to. What saved our situation was that we never shared our problem with friends or family. If anybody asked we would say we are taking our time. We prayed. We begged God. Fluid quality refused to increase for years. Infact at some point it crashed to zero. Hubby was devastated. Hubby even suggested that I go because I was too young to sacrifice my life for him. That was when I knew I married for love. To cut the long story short I stumbled on nairaland. Met this wonderful family and they helped alot. It wasnt easy waiting but even before the smiles came I convinced myself that God was grooming me. Moulding us into better parents. Please dont give up on God. It is difficult to wait. The pain. The mockery etc. Don't be afraid to try new things if the natural methods are not working. You never know what means God has chosen to bless u. Ask for wisdom. Please dont give up.

8 Likes

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by santagelo25(m): 11:26am On Oct 17, 2014
TCF1980,Please always remember that steadfastness of the Lord never seize...His mercies never comes to an end...They are new every morning......So will your favours and blessings be new every morning...I know your heart is heavy at the moment...Dont give up at all!!!!! Dont even think of it.These are trying times that will eventually become a testimony.
Count yourself among the lucky ones to be alive today.Yes,we are all TTC at the moment.It is not going to be like this forever.Hear this,Just this morning,i got a sad news about a cousin that lost his son yesterday when his wife was travelling from Abuja to the village.The mum survived it after the bus somersaulted 6times.They were TTC too before God bless them with the baby...Now the baby is no more.That will not be our case in Jesus name.
How about couples that are TTC but cannot afford to buy the cheapest drugs?The sound of the word IVF brings tension to their mind.or is it the couples TTC and they both lost their jobs? There are so many reasons why we need to thank God for being counted among the living...I know a lot of us will say the people we got married before are being blessed with their own children at ease.Some are even tying their wombs etc...I believe God's purpose and will for each and everyone of us here is for good.We will all smile the"smile of Joy" very soon.None of us ever wish to stay more than a year before carrying our own biological children.
Remember,Our God Almighty works in a mysterious way.
Be strengthened in the Spirit,Soul and Body my brother.Keep encouraging your DW.

5 Likes

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by idyobot: 11:37am On Oct 17, 2014
MelsMum:
Sorry guys being out of data for some time.
@Godsgrace2013
@createmag
@darlenee
@finecheek

Pls check your inbox dears.

@olubankemi what can I say ))))))))hugs((((((((((( sweetheart

@ Melsmum. Pls I'm interested in d e-book 2oo. Pls can I have it also. Dis is my email add:idorenyinobot@yahoo.com. Thxs n God's grace
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by babyfactory: 11:40am On Oct 17, 2014
@ modaofnations, i appreciate your prompt response. I guess i will start indulging myself with more of beans meals and other suggested fruits too.

@all, it’s really not easy ttc to get pregnant especially if one has been waiting for awhile but with God the rough road is easy to travel on. Let me encourage you all with my story. I have been believing God for the past six years and i know he will settle me in no distant time. I have always allowed the word of God to be my standard and anchor; even when my soul is cast down within me, i go back to the word of live (God) to encourage myself. I have had 2 major surgeries, 3 painful HSGs, 2 failed IUIs and 1 failed IVF but still i hold on to him for perfection. He has taken me from the dung hill of 2 blocked tubes both with hydrosalpinx, high prolactin level, anovulation and turbulent marriage where hubby cheats even to my face and sets me on a high level where I now have a peaceful home and a dotting hubby; my right tube now opened and I’m also ovulating cheesy. Christ took me to a point of total dependence on him.

All the times i've had my quiet time, he says to me, 'stay on the WORD'! Just yesterday, the Holy Spirit took me through the verse Isaiah 66: 9 (Shall i bring to the time of birth, and not cause delivery? says the Lord. Shall i who cause delivery shut up the womb? Says the Lord). I dwelt on this verse for long and the Holy Spirit broadened my understanding; i have since then made an utter resolution that this situation is turned to me for a testimony b’cos ‘He’ who started the good work will surely finish it.

Though i still visit my gynecologist and receive medications, i always allow the spirit of God to instruct me to apply wisdom (1st Cor: 25, 27, 1st Cor 3:19) to counsel.

In conclusion, let us persevere for the wait means God is working things out for our greater glory. All is well!!!

11 Likes

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by idyobot: 12:05pm On Oct 17, 2014
TCF1980:

So fed up!

My bros, nt nw don't give d devil a chance 1 bit. Don't give up nw. I've a heard of a couple dat waited for 25yrs. And after 25yrs d Lord remembered them. So continue 2 hold firm. He is aware, he knows u are there, he knows u n ur dw want children. Afterall he says we shd be fruitful n multiply. As long as he said it, he will make a way for multiplication in Jesus name, Amen.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (629) (630) (631) (632) (633) (634) (635) ... (3053) (Reply)

Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.