Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,842 members, 7,820,930 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:44 AM

Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC - Health (694) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC (5410464 Views)

Pregnant After Trying To Conceive (ttc)?pls Come In To Chat/share With Others!! / Weight Loss/gain For Ladies Trying To Conceive / How To Conceive A Baby Boy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (691) (692) (693) (694) (695) (696) (697) ... (3053) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by floxyluv80(f): 8:52pm On Jan 21, 2015
Hello every1 in d house. Jst came across ds 1daful thread ystday (20th) & discovered its a very gd one. I've bn reading posts & claiming a lot of d prayers. Pls, I hv irregular mentruation bf mу wedding, now, no conception after wedding. D most pathetic thing is dt mу man is far away. We saw 2 times after our wedding & waiting on d Lord. Since ystday dt I saw mу menses, I've bn down emotionally. Pls help m by putting m thru. Baby dust 2 us allllllll

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by MummyEsther: 10:14pm On Jan 21, 2015
@Udoka: God bless you Ma.

@Floxyluv: May your stay here be short. Let the house know your test results and they can put you thru from there.

@Mumhaja: Men take Clomid. You can also Google it. In addition, I discovered L-Calnitin is very excellent for men with motility issues and stamina/erection problems. Surprisingly, a Prof prescribed the 2.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by floxyluv80(f): 8:19am On Jan 22, 2015
@mummy Easter, amen in Jesus' name. I appreciate ur response. I am ¥ëт 2 conduct any test.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by hotmomma(f): 9:33am On Jan 22, 2015

5 Likes

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by tsquaure(f): 11:03am On Jan 22, 2015
Dear sisters
I am supposed to be in my fertile period according to my calculations but only 3 days ago I noticed some itching in my private place. D itching got worse n milky coloured watery discharge started coming out. I got worried. I swallowed metronidazole N refused to be with dh. I summoned courage to tell him today. (He is doc )n he said my constant abuse of antibiotics Is responsible for d discharge. Long n short of d story is that there will be no bd. Am so angry. Ladies in d house does anyone of u suffer from recurrent uti after bd. That is d main reason I use antibiotics. If so ,any ideas on how to prevent it. I can't BECOS of UTI stop bd n dh insists I must stop antibiotics . Am sorry for d long post
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by beauty4ashes: 12:15pm On Jan 22, 2015
Hello everyone!everyone!so finally am here.rit took me months to read up all d pages but i'm glad i did cos i'v learnt alot.
Went for Hsg in december but cudnt complete it cos of the pains(not to scare any1 pls,i av a low threshold for pain) but i hope to go back again in february.Dh's count was 10m as at december,hope to av another test done soon.i also have problems with closed cervix. My gynae says the reason my cervix keeps closing after each opening is that its just my nature.
Congratulations to all our beleful mamas.
God bless you all and may my stay here be short and blissful.shalom.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by UmmTwins2: 1:05pm On Jan 22, 2015
Hello fruitful mamas, d hse come quiet small o. Pls who knows where I can get Goko cleanser in Abuja; Jikwoyi/Nyanya or A.Y.A axis. AF might be here any time frm 2moro even n I want to try d cleanser for detox. Pls help o my sisters. @Deezou n Jumayin hw body o? Hp u guys r good. @all I dey greet o
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by mumihaja(f): 1:46pm On Jan 22, 2015
@tsquare, your dh is right, too much antibiotics reduces your immune system making you prone to any flying missile, you can take seleniumAce to boost your immune system and the infections will go on their own infact with seleniumAce you dont need antibiotics and again if your sugar level is high you will be having problems with vj discharge and itching....for the bd, if you are sure you are ovulating, you can ask dh to do artificcial insemination for you, pour his stuff in a cup and you use a syringe to inseminate yourself, who knows? it might just work

@beauty4ashes, its not in somone's nature to have a closed cervix, i know in the bible God closed the womb of Abimelec's wives and maids becos Abimelec took Sarah from Abraham but He later opened their wombs, God opened the womb of Leah, Racheal, Rebekah etc...but these days i dont know what closes the womb of women, and a lot of women who have delay in conception probably dont know it is as a result of closed cervix and i will suggest that if you are having unexplained infertility, your major prayer point should be "God open my womb like you did for these women and command your cervix to be open for conception" it took up to 4 trials for me to do hsg, cos of closed cervix infact when i went for another hsg in 1 month inteval and learnt my cervix was closed again on cd6, i cried seriously not for the pains but becos i was wondering why this was happening to me.......so the guy that did my hsg used a bigger tool to force it open and advised i use bechaam ampiclox and take ibuprofen to enable me heal properly else the cervix might gum back together in the process of healing...my gynae called it cervical stenosis.... dont accept it as your fate....

2 Likes

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by cjnone2: 2:02pm On Jan 22, 2015
Hello everyone.
@ummtwins2. Goko is sold. along Nyanya/Mararaba hold up. You may wish to send anyone that stays along that axis to buy it for you.

@all, I have a book on Ovarian Cyst and PCOS, anyone interested can mail me on cjnone2000@yahoo.co.uk so that I will send the book to her.

May God almighty bless every womb looking unto him this year with glorious boys and girls In Jesus Name.... Amen.

e-hugs to everyone.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by beegurl(f): 2:41pm On Jan 22, 2015
cjnone2:
Hello everyone.
@ummtwins2. Goko is sold. along Nyanya/Mararaba hold up. You may wish to send anyone that stays along that axis to buy it for you.

@all, I have a book on Ovarian Cyst and PCOS, anyone interested can mail me on cjnone2000@yahoo.co.uk so that I will send the book to her.

May God almighty bless every womb looking unto him this year with glorious boys and girls In Jesus Name.... Amen.

e-hugs to everyone.

. for the e-book. thank u
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by IyaderaChuks: 3:03pm On Jan 22, 2015
grin..
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Nobody: 3:56pm On Jan 22, 2015
@Mumihaja sabi mama. You have a wealth of knowledge, May God answer our prayers soonest. So is it safe to say that if one has done a hsg and has a closed cervix the doctor would know at the time of the procedure abi does one need to go do another test to check the cervix?

Im on CD1 and this is the first time in months that i dint cry when AF showed up cos i dint even bd at all so i wasnt expectant. It felt good abeg cheesy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Deezou(f): 4:26pm On Jan 22, 2015
UmmTwins2:
Hello fruitful mamas, d hse come quiet small o. Pls who knows where I can get Goko cleanser in Abuja; Jikwoyi/Nyanya or A.Y.A axis. AF might be here any time frm 2moro even n I want to try d cleanser for detox. Pls help o my sisters. @Deezou n Jumayin hw body o? Hp u guys r good. @all I dey greet o
I am fyn just a little nausea and bloating.ur af will never come till postnatal inshaAllah.
@all,baby dust.

1 Like

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by tsquaure(f): 4:29pm On Jan 22, 2015
@ mumihuja. E se ma
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by molarawaju: 5:56pm On Jan 22, 2015

e-hugs to everyone.

Pls I need the e book as well. Sijibomol@gmail.com
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Apple29(f): 7:34pm On Jan 22, 2015
So cervix sef still dey close for this kin mata enh? Hian? DEVIL IS A BASTARD O. shocked so this could be the reason why DH's something runs out after bd? No mata how high/ long I hang my leg and raise my thing face heaven com dey take leg shout halleluyah! Oh blood of God!!!!. But I've been pregnant before now( before marriage) abeg no criticize me o shocked, cos me and God don settle mata grin. Hmmmm Abi, make our sabi Mamas rescue me o. Wetin fit cause my own delay nah? And I don do test no infection angry!. And Dh's count is ok(according to the docs) just the Motility! Pls help me o. Cos this thing don show im red gele again and I've almost cried my eyes out of my skull. Please advice me o. Cos my age just dey run this days sef(30). Hubby and I do the insemination thing in the house, and this this still gushed out, so I kept wandering what the problem is. I been dey think say I still small, now my younger younger cousin Dem don born finish abeg
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by mamateniola1: 9:09pm On Jan 22, 2015
@mummyhaja, oh maybe n.a. That oh. I dey cho dt nips well. Thnx, will TRY reduce it. Thnx for d hint

1 Like

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Nobody: 9:34pm On Jan 22, 2015
I just came across this and thought to share..it quite a long read sha, bear with me.

How to deal with when everyone is pregnant and you are trying to get pregnant.

Throw yourself a pity party…but don’t overdo it
Yes, you can feel sorry for yourself. “I do believe in throwing pity parties,” says Shoshana Bennett, PhD, a clinical psychologist. You don’t even have to stop at one pity party. If you need to do it each month until you’re pregnant, go ahead. But here’s the trick: You want to end on a positive note each time, or else it could lead to more depression. So pick a time and place and let it all out -- cry, yell, write in a journal -- however it is that you can get your feelings out. But give yourself a time limit: Party’s over in 15 minutes, that kind of thing.

Don’t compare apples and oranges
Hell, don’t even compare apples to apples. The truth is, this isn’t a competition, and it doesn’t matter how easy or hard trying to get pregnant is for anyone else but you. Besides, 99 percent of the time, you really don’t know someone else’s story. “It may not be as easy for her as you think,” says Bennett. If you stop driving yourself crazy comparing yourself to other women, you’ll be able to be more positive.

Ignore hurtful comments
Everyone just has to put in their two cents, right? When people hear you’re TTC, here come all the “helpful” stories. But it can be really annoying to listen for the fifth time about how a friend of a friend got pregnant when she wasn’t even trying. “Ignore that stuff and keep yourself positive,” says Bennett. “Change the subject, walk away or tell your friend that her comments aren’t helping. It’s very important to let people know how you’re feeling, especially those whom you consider your best support system.” They won’t stop doing it if they don’t know it’s annoying or hurtful.

Skip the shower and don’t feel guilty about it
You know, you can decline a baby shower invite. “Don’t shame yourself on not wanting to attend,” says Bennett. “If you feel it would be more painful than good to go to the shower, then give yourself permission to not go. Your friend will understand.” Explain to your friend how you’re feeling and why you can’t go to the shower, and send her a gift. It’s better than feeling terrible about yourself in public. That said, if you feel like going, go ahead!

Don’t give in to baby talk
Your coworker is driving you nuts with all the nonstop talk about her pregnancy -- oh, and the constant rubbing of her belly? Yeah. Change the subject. Same goes if hanging out with your girlfriends suddenly seems like mommy and me time. Ask your friends if you can talk about other topics when you’re getting together, or just think of three or four things to bring up to get the conversation moving in another direction.

Join a community
Even if it feels as though you’re the only woman in the world not pregnant or already a mom, there are plenty of other people who are going through the same thing as you. This isn’t TTC, party of one. “It’s important to keep in mind that you’re in very good company,” says Bennett. “Connecting with a group of women in the same situation can be very useful, as long as it’s a group that’s positive. Make sure everyone is supporting each other and not just complaining and bringing each other down.” Not only can the other women help boost your confidence, they can be sounding boards when you’re stressed. They can also help you with fertility info that you may not have known. You can really identify with the other ladies and find a great support system. If you’re scratching your head trying to find places to hang out with other women who are TTC, why not join our awesome Bump community?

Make the most out of your baby-free life
When you do have a baby, you’ll no longer have time to do certain things. So before your life becomes all about diaper changes and feedings, do all the things you’ve been thinking of doing that you won’t be able to do when you’re a mom. “Plan a vacation or short day trip that you couldn’t possibly do if you were pregnant or had a baby,” says Bennett. “Go on a wine tour with your girlfriends. Go zip-lining. Make the most of where you are in your life right now.” When you do become a mom

7 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Nobody: 9:43pm On Jan 22, 2015
@apple29 the sperm is only following the laws of gravity my dear..what goes up would come down. That doesnt necessarily mean that the cervix is closed. Millions of swimmers are realeased in one ejaculation but only 1 fertilizes the egg.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by beauty4ashes: 10:36pm On Jan 22, 2015
@mumihaja,thank you very much for ur detailed response,i'l do as u adviced.i'm going to see d doc again on saturday to open it again cos dis closure evrytime is very frustrating.i'm tinking mayb this recent closure was as a result of the hsg i tried to do in december but i do know that this too shall end in praise.
@All,Greetings to the house. Shalom.

2 Likes

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Nobody: 1:05am On Jan 23, 2015
please can someone educate me on high prolactin in men? can it cause low sperm count? what are the things he should do/not do?
hiya fam,been long i came to this thread.baby dust to all

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Patajun: 8:15am On Jan 23, 2015

1 Like

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Patajun: 8:22am On Jan 23, 2015
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by toni2014(f): 9:55am On Jan 23, 2015
@ mumilaw, hiyya
Sent u a mail,pls respond
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by UmmTwins2: 12:18pm On Jan 23, 2015
Thank u vry much @cjnone2. I used to see them all the time last yr bt nw dt I decided to try it I no see dem again. I'll keep looking out for them @Deezou Ameen o my sis even though its here already; CD1 2day. Bt I pray dt vry vry soon masha'Allaah I'll join d Mothers' club n all my fruitful sisters on ds thread too. Amen.

1 Like

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Deezou(f): 3:07pm On Jan 23, 2015
UmmTwins2:
Thank u vry much @cjnone2. I used to see them all the time last yr bt nw dt I decided to try it I no see dem again. I'll keep looking out for them @Deezou Ameen o my sis even though its here already; CD1 2day. Bt I pray dt vry vry soon masha'Allaah I'll join d Mothers' club n all my fruitful sisters on ds thread too. Amen.
Sorry dear,it shall not come next month inshaAllah.#hugs#

1 Like

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by adufe78(f): 9:18pm On Jan 23, 2015
My last bookmark was page 685, but I had to go thru all the pages to the last to read d testimonies. Am happy for those who got there bfp. I stopped taking drugs as my last hsg was perfect and I see it as a waste of money and time when u spend fortune only for dh not to be around for bd. Saying amen to all the prayers and wishing us all sticky baby dust soon.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by UmmTwins2: 2:25pm On Jan 24, 2015
Deezou:

Sorry dear,it shall not come next month inshaAllah.#hugs#
Ameen. 10x, na make e come as sticky bfp o make me sef start to dey bloat n cramp lol

1 Like

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by viviparity: 3:47pm On Jan 24, 2015
Make una join me to thank allmighty God oooo! The imposibility specalist,ocean divide,iam that iam.haliluya to the highest.i got my Bfp today.

35 Likes 1 Share

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by viviparity: 3:55pm On Jan 24, 2015
My ppl,if it can happen to me ur own is easy to God.ah! ah! ......onye eziomume, i was askn why me i did kn that he has plan for me

7 Likes

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Nobody: 4:04pm On Jan 24, 2015
viviparity:
Make una join me to thank allmighty God oooo! The imposibility specalist,ocean divide,iam that iam.haliluya to the highest.i got my Bfp today.

Congrats dear. May u carry to term. Amen. God just like you have done it to her, please do unto us all that are on your waiting list. Amen

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by mumihaja(f): 4:51pm On Jan 24, 2015
Wow Awesome God! Congrats. @viviparity, may you carry to term! We will annouce our own BFPs soon by the grace of God...thankGod for u!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (691) (692) (693) (694) (695) (696) (697) ... (3053) (Reply)

Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.