Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,618 members, 7,820,187 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:08 AM

Is It Right For A Mother To Keep Beating Her Adult Son At Age 22 ? - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Is It Right For A Mother To Keep Beating Her Adult Son At Age 22 ? (26263 Views)

Nigerian Man Flies His Mother To US, She Sheds Tears Of Joy, Refuses To Sleep / What Would You Do To Him If He Is Your Son At The Moment(Photo) / Mother Beating Her 16-Year-Old Daughter For Sharing After Sex Photos On Fb [VIDE (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is It Right For A Mother To Keep Beating Her Adult Son At Age 22 ? by Nobody: 8:53pm On Jun 23, 2016
Opistorincos:
Iffa don born pikin misbehave for ma pman side, i go chop beta double decker slap... i love my parents tho

Hmm, i leave your case to the gods grin

3 Likes

Re: Is It Right For A Mother To Keep Beating Her Adult Son At Age 22 ? by Nobody: 8:55pm On Jun 23, 2016
[quote author=Rukkydelta post=46863789][/quote]
How did he achieve such fit ... prolly scolded you regularly sad
Re: Is It Right For A Mother To Keep Beating Her Adult Son At Age 22 ? by Rukkydelta(f): 9:21pm On Jun 23, 2016
GloryIsaac:

How did he achieve such fit ... prolly scolded you regularly sad

He scold me but not regularly and I was the cool headed type. And he beats my elder siblings more than my mum did especially my elder brother cos he was too stubborn, so all those instill fear in me. I guess my saving grace is cos I'm the last child cheesycheesy
Re: Is It Right For A Mother To Keep Beating Her Adult Son At Age 22 ? by EfemenaXY: 9:36pm On Jun 23, 2016
I see nothing funny about this thread, especially as a vulnerable adult is at the receiving end of physical abuse and maltreatment.

What's there to laugh about? Nigerians condoning violence since time immemorial.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It Right For A Mother To Keep Beating Her Adult Son At Age 22 ? by Nobody: 10:16pm On Jun 23, 2016
Honey! This is small. You need to see what this savages do on d streets
EfemenaXY:
I see nothing funny about this thread, especially as a vulnerable adult is at the receiving end of physical abuse and maltreatment.

What's there to laugh about? Nigerians condoning violence since time immemorial.

2 Likes

Re: Is It Right For A Mother To Keep Beating Her Adult Son At Age 22 ? by Nobody: 10:17pm On Jun 23, 2016
Rukkydelta:

He scold me but not regularly and I was the cool headed type. And he beats my elder siblings more than my mum did especially my elder brother cos he was too stubborn, so all those instill fear in me. I guess my saving grace is cos I'm the last child cheesycheesy

Exactly, i knew there was some factor behind you not being beaten... the last child always escapes... its the first to third ( depending on how large the family is) that always get first hand beating grin
Re: Is It Right For A Mother To Keep Beating Her Adult Son At Age 22 ? by Rukkydelta(f): 10:30pm On Jun 23, 2016
GloryIsaac:

Exactly, i knew there was some factor behind you not being beaten... the last child always escapes... its the first to third ( depending on how large the family is) that always get first hand beating grin

Lucky me!! At what age were you last beaten by your parents ?
Re: Is It Right For A Mother To Keep Beating Her Adult Son At Age 22 ? by Nobody: 11:13pm On Jun 23, 2016
Rukkydelta:

Lucky me!! At what age were you last beaten by your parents ?

13, Dad preferred to start beating me with words... loads and loads of advice, they all helped me one way or the other though... 1st child aint easy at all angry

1 Like

Re: Is It Right For A Mother To Keep Beating Her Adult Son At Age 22 ? by Nobody: 11:21pm On Jun 23, 2016
EfemenaXY:

Its unfortunate though this is the first time i'm seeing someone that age get beaten, it just shows that anything goes here .... but what can one do someone even said his landlady still beats her son who is married with children and making millions!!! lipsrsealed ( this one's extremely hard to believe though)

2 Likes

Re: Is It Right For A Mother To Keep Beating Her Adult Son At Age 22 ? by Nobody: 11:29pm On Jun 23, 2016
Silkmoth33:
Honey! This is small. You need to see what this savages do on d streets

Welcome to Nigeria grin grin
Re: Is It Right For A Mother To Keep Beating Her Adult Son At Age 22 ? by general111(m): 8:27am On Jul 02, 2016
GloryIsaac:

Then you're one lucky girl except your dad's not nigerian..

She's a disciplinarian bro... sh*t didn't start today, before you say 'a' you've received three brain resetting slaps not to mention of his dad lipsrsealed that one nah WWE grin grin grin , he has calmed down though but the guys mum no gree cheesy cheesy ..

I wont deny that i laughed so hard about it but looking at the bigger picture this is a serious case, it means he would still get beatings till he leaves the house sad

You don see am nah cheesy ....

At what age did you stop recieving beating
hahahahaaaha
Re: Is It Right For A Mother To Keep Beating Her Adult Son At Age 22 ? by Nobody: 9:24am On Jul 02, 2016
This is truly wrong.

For starters, beating your children at any age is wrong. There are other methods of child discipline that actually work, and don't serve to harden him or her, and make these children resent, and fear their parents.

Beating a 22-year-old is plain daft, and proof that physical violence as a means of correction doesn't work. If by the age of 22, this guy's beatings haven't had the desired effect, then surely the parents should see they're damaging their son. The more he's beaten, the more hardened he becomes, more resistant to pain.

These parents clearly have problems.

11 Likes

Re: Is It Right For A Mother To Keep Beating Her Adult Son At Age 22 ? by Nobody: 11:06am On Jul 02, 2016
Siena:
This is truly wrong.

For starters, beating your children at any age is wrong. There are other methods of child discipline that actually work, and don't serve to harden him or her, and make these children resent, and fear their parents.

Beating a 22-year-old is plain daft, and proof that physical violence as a means of correction doesn't work. If by the age of 22, this guy's beatings haven't had the desired effect, then surely the parents should see they're damaging their son. The more he's beaten, the more hardened he becomes, more resistant to pain.

These parents clearly have problems.

I feel you didnt grow up in nigeria for you to say that beating your children at any age is wrong cheesy cheesy , thats the natural way of training children in this country, even in churches pastors always make reference to "'spare the rod and spoil the child"... and you know that nigerians are highly religious, so anything pastor says is correct cheesy

My problem lies in the fact that this guy is already an adult, infact, i learnt yesterday that he was humiliated again ( this time, was made to kneel and tell his junior brother of 5 or 6 years 'sorry' after recieving some touches from his mum.. smh), though no one wants to tell me what actually happened that led to him begging his brother sad ....

I agree that excess physical violence leads to fear and resentment but child-beating has already been put in the sub-concious of every nigerian as the only way to train a child properly...... I remember visiting a friend when i was younger, on entering his house i saw a koboko( you know this) with 12 outlets lipsrsealed, that's what his dad used in training his children and it made them so scared of him to the extent that immediately he heard the car horn we abandoned whatever we were doing and i was made to leave through the backdoor grin ....

Honestly, i doubt if anything can be done about this sad

2 Likes

Re: Is It Right For A Mother To Keep Beating Her Adult Son At Age 22 ? by Welcomme: 11:40am On Jul 02, 2016
The last time I received beating from my mum was wen I was in J.s 2. Dont bother to ask wen my dad stopped beating me. He is late. B4 he died, I received beating fron my dad just once.
Re: Is It Right For A Mother To Keep Beating Her Adult Son At Age 22 ? by Nobody: 12:53pm On Jul 02, 2016
My mother still twisted my ears for calling my brother gay, and am 30, hurt like hell , and no I don't stay with her but it was funny she still beats me jokinlgy because am always cursing in the house

1 Like

Re: Is It Right For A Mother To Keep Beating Her Adult Son At Age 22 ? by Nobody: 3:18pm On Jul 02, 2016
Welcomme:
The last time I received beating from my mum was wen I was in J.s 2. Dont bother to ask wen my dad stopped beating me. He is late. B4 he died, I received beating fron my dad just once.

Sorry for your loss bro, really sorry sad ....
Re: Is It Right For A Mother To Keep Beating Her Adult Son At Age 22 ? by Nobody: 3:22pm On Jul 02, 2016
pcguru1:
My mother still twisted my ears for calling my brother gay, and am 30, hurt like hell , and no I don't stay with her but it was funny she still beats me jokinlgy because am always cursing in the house

Yours sounds more like parent-offspring playful relationship, not like my guys own where things can get very ugly...
Re: Is It Right For A Mother To Keep Beating Her Adult Son At Age 22 ? by Welcomme: 3:32pm On Jul 02, 2016
GloryIsaac:

Sorry for your loss bro, really sorry sad ....
Thanks bro...He died wen I was in primary 6. But God has seen me through my university. That is y I will forever b grateful to my mum.
Re: Is It Right For A Mother To Keep Beating Her Adult Son At Age 22 ? by HaneefahRN(f): 6:56pm On Jul 02, 2016
That's abnormal. There should be some sort of respect for him already as an adult, unless he is a slowpoke. And they are killing his esteem sef, imagine being beaten at such age, just crazy.

3 Likes

Re: Is It Right For A Mother To Keep Beating Her Adult Son At Age 22 ? by TrollTrap: 8:39pm On Jul 02, 2016
Big man like me with a beard can't get beaten by my mum...

1 Like

Re: Is It Right For A Mother To Keep Beating Her Adult Son At Age 22 ? by Nobody: 9:41pm On Jul 02, 2016
TrollTrap:
Big man like me with a beard can't get beaten by my mum...

lol, no b by beard bro
Re: Is It Right For A Mother To Keep Beating Her Adult Son At Age 22 ? by Nobody: 9:51pm On Jul 02, 2016
HaneefahRN:
That's abnormal. There should be some sort of respect for him already as an adult, unless he is a slowpoke. And they are killing his esteem sef, imagine being beaten at such age, just crazy.

Nigga grew up knowing extremely strict parents and i doubt they know what respect to an adult son is...

Funny how he has a gf who has no idea of whats going on grin , but as guys we never ever let the cat out of the bag grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Is It Right For A Mother To Keep Beating Her Adult Son At Age 22 ? by SWITANN(f): 11:10pm On Jul 02, 2016
that is so wrong...
Re: Is It Right For A Mother To Keep Beating Her Adult Son At Age 22 ? by Nobody: 12:06am On Jul 03, 2016
SWITANN:
that is so wrong...

Not like we can do something about it cheesy, its up to the guy to take his stance and prove he's not a chicken ....
Re: Is It Right For A Mother To Keep Beating Her Adult Son At Age 22 ? by Nobody: 2:07am On Jul 03, 2016
What the heck, a 22 yr. old getting beaten up by his parents for coming home at 7 pm? Intercede, OP. I see you attend church services. Speak with your pastor, they'll probably listen to him. Not only is it wrong in so many ways, but it's a potential terrible accident, or even death, just waiting to happen.
Re: Is It Right For A Mother To Keep Beating Her Adult Son At Age 22 ? by Trottle: 5:15am On Jul 03, 2016
GloryIsaac:

I feel you didnt grow up in nigeria for you to say that beating your children at any age is wrong cheesy cheesy , thats the natural way of training children in this country, even in churches pastors always make reference to "'spare the rod and spoil the child"... and you know that nigerians are highly religious, so anything pastor says is correct cheesy

My problem lies in the fact that this guy is already an adult, infact, i learnt yesterday that he was humiliated again ( this time, was made to kneel and tell his junior brother of 5 or 6 years 'sorry' after recieving some touches from his mum.. smh), though no one wants to tell me what actually happened that led to him begging his brother sad ....

I agree that excess physical violence leads to fear and resentment but child-beating has already been put in the sub-concious of every nigerian as the only way to train a child properly...... I remember visiting a friend when i was younger, on entering his house i saw a koboko( you know this) with 12 outlets lipsrsealed, that's what his dad used in training his children and it made them so scared of him to the extent that immediately he heard the car horn we abandoned whatever we were doing and i was made to leave through the backdoor grin ....

Honestly, i doubt if anything can be done about this sad

Oh My God! They have succeeded in killing his self-esteem. Which right-thinking parent does that, Nigeria or not. How a 22 yr-old MAN allow himself to be physically abused to such extent baffles me. I know some people in their 20s, who still thinks it is their parents and elders God-right to beat them shocked. That house must come down that day!!!

Is he still struggling to gain admission, or has he committed any despicable act recently.If he is through with his studies, I strongly advise that he should move out and start his "hustle" no matter how little, that my help him get his esteem back, and also look squarely into the face of anybody who wants to violate him. Abuse of any colouration should never be condoned parent or no parent.

3 Likes

Re: Is It Right For A Mother To Keep Beating Her Adult Son At Age 22 ? by SWITANN(f): 7:24am On Jul 03, 2016
GloryIsaac:

Not like we can do something about it cheesy, its up to the guy to take his stance and prove he's not a chicken ....

LOL....YEAH.
Re: Is It Right For A Mother To Keep Beating Her Adult Son At Age 22 ? by HaneefahRN(f): 9:02am On Jul 03, 2016
GloryIsaac:

Nigga grew up knowing extremely strict parents and i doubt they know what respect to an adult son is...

Funny how he has a gf who has no idea of whats going on grin , but as guys we never ever let the cat out of the bag grin grin

Lolz. Na wa o
Re: Is It Right For A Mother To Keep Beating Her Adult Son At Age 22 ? by Nobody: 11:54am On Jul 03, 2016
Trottle:

Oh My God! They have succeeded in killing his self-esteem. Which right-thinking parent does that, Nigeria or not. How a 22 yr-old MAN allow himself to be physically abused to such extent baffles me. I know some people in their 20s, who still thinks it is their parents and elders God-right to beat them shocked. That house must come down that day!!!

Is he still struggling to gain admission, or has he committed any despicable act recently.If he is through with his studies, I strongly advise that he should move out and start his "hustle" no matter how little, that my help him get his esteem back, and also look squarely into the face of anybody who wants to violate him. Abuse of any colouration should never be condoned parent or no parent.

Nigga doesn't want to let out the entire reason why he was made to beg his bro (personally, i think its money-related or he blamed him wrongly for something, there's no proof to that though) ... Recently got admitted after triad years of writing Jamb sad ...

Infact, i'm actually tired of his issue, its his life to live afterall... We've advised him to ManUp and stop being a chicken or risk getting slapped by his mum even on his wedding day sad ..
Re: Is It Right For A Mother To Keep Beating Her Adult Son At Age 22 ? by Nobody: 12:25pm On Jul 03, 2016
EnlightenedSoul:
What the heck, a 22 yr. old getting beaten up by his parents for coming home at 7 pm? Intercede, OP. I see you attend church services. Speak with your pastor, they'll probably listen to him. Not only is it wrong in so many ways, but it's a potential terrible accident, or even death, just waiting to happen.

I doubt the guy would be pleased to see his personal issues talked about with the pastor, he's not really active in church sef sad , more of the type who goes for the sake of being a christian, thanks to so much time spent by friends on persuasion....
Re: Is It Right For A Mother To Keep Beating Her Adult Son At Age 22 ? by MrObontami(m): 12:32pm On Jul 03, 2016
Hunnydropps:
*Speaking from the child's position the answer is: No beatings; don't think so...thanks though mommy. cool

*As a mother the answer is: Sorry darling but you ain't NEVER too big or old for me to whip your behind. grin
funny cheesy
Re: Is It Right For A Mother To Keep Beating Her Adult Son At Age 22 ? by MrObontami(m): 12:33pm On Jul 03, 2016
Greenbullet:
Nigerian parents got no chill at all.imagine the boy hit her back out of anger the probability that she survives is extremely low,even some Nigerian fathers beating their sons ,I PITY YOU ,if that or 18 yr old son hit u back u will understand the difference between protein and fat.

funny but true

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Will You Live In A House Built By Your Wife? Men Speak / Pastor Dad Bonds With Daughter's Son Had Outside Wedlock After Criticizing Her / Issue Between My Mom And My Wife

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.