Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,618 members, 7,820,195 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:13 AM

Is It Right For A Mother To Keep Beating Her Adult Son At Age 22 ? - Family (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Is It Right For A Mother To Keep Beating Her Adult Son At Age 22 ? (26264 Views)

Nigerian Man Flies His Mother To US, She Sheds Tears Of Joy, Refuses To Sleep / What Would You Do To Him If He Is Your Son At The Moment(Photo) / Mother Beating Her 16-Year-Old Daughter For Sharing After Sex Photos On Fb [VIDE (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is It Right For A Mother To Keep Beating Her Adult Son At Age 22 ? by Nobody: 12:02pm On Jul 09, 2016
nkemjacob2:
D beating continue until sense is restored, age does not matter

Thats 101% wrong, any beating that cant serve its desired effect before ages 15-17 has lost its value instead it starts creating longlasting hatred between offspring and parent.... Or you've never heard boys of 16&17 do certain things and say 'Afterall, the highest they can do is to beat me' .... Truth is, they can actually do other things but too much beating has made the child to subconciously believe thats the highest they can do therefore making him do what he wants anytime...
Re: Is It Right For A Mother To Keep Beating Her Adult Son At Age 22 ? by enoch273: 12:03pm On Jul 09, 2016
GloryIsaac:
Where do i start this ??

Well, i and a group of friends headed to a friends house yesterday to talk about certain things ahead of the evening service which was scheduled to hold by 4 pm.... on getting there, we noticed he was always touching a particular part of his head, on enquiry we found out that he got a beating from his mum the previous night because he came back late around 7pm which led to a disagreement between them.... We couldn't hold back the laughter grin, though it didn't last long because it led to an arguement on whether his mum was right to still be beating a nigga who would be clocking 23 or 24 this year (not so sure about his age though, but i know he's past 21) .

I'm fully aware that this niggas parents are strict and are really good at dishing out serious beatings since the days of adam and eve, my dad quit beating me when i clocked 13 so i find it really amusing to see a guy in his early twenties still getting some touches from his mum....
Decided to bring it to NL in order to know you guys opinion on this.....

And at what age did you get your last beating ??

Cc RoyalRoy

There is nothing bad there, I also received beatings from my mum too, one thing to put in mind is that no matter how tall or how big, you can never over grow your parents.
Re: Is It Right For A Mother To Keep Beating Her Adult Son At Age 22 ? by Koreslee(m): 12:16pm On Jul 09, 2016
At 22 hehn still dey chop beating Like yoruba do say(iya i.e beating kole je ki omo gbo)
Re: Is It Right For A Mother To Keep Beating Her Adult Son At Age 22 ? by Nobody: 12:25pm On Jul 09, 2016
enoch273:

There is nothing bad there, I also received beatings from my mum too, one thing to put in mind is that no matter how tall or how big, you can never over grow your parents.

No one's talking about outgrowing parents, we're saying its not right to beat someone of that age, thats clear violence and you know there's something called retaliation, right ... It never occurred to me until someone on this thread mentioned that we(his friends) are going to push him into retaliation by throwing banters at him, i just hope it doesn't lead to a whole new level of madness.... Things like this are the roots of strained relationships in different families today, you may think that after everything things will return to normal but its exactly the opposite, the one at the recieving end may not talk but you'll be shocked at what he can do the day he gets an oppurtunity to make them feel pain, Lincoln said 'If you really want to test the true character of a man, give him power'....

Btw, any beating that can't serve its desired effect by ages 15-17 has lost its value.
Re: Is It Right For A Mother To Keep Beating Her Adult Son At Age 22 ? by iomoge2(f): 12:36pm On Jul 09, 2016
Omoluabi16:
awww.. I feel your pain. But do not give up on him, absolutely no one is beyond redemption.you went on about some luxury stuff there. Was your brother ever starved of money? or the 'I get what I want ' while growing up?Last child/only son?

who am I to even judge your parents, after all you came out fine. he'll change.

Last child but he has an elder brother who is 5years older but one year older in academics because that one had to do Nd here n IJMb for Uni-ilorin.
The brother came out fine too. In a class of 70 something only 15graduated without a carry over and he was one of them with a 2.1.
Well, I think the baby of the house thinks life is fair. Since everything is given to him on a plater of gold.
He never suffered like me n his elder brother (am d first) who even had to hawk pure water n become factory workers /sales girl boy to ensure the factory grew.

Honestly, I have lost interest in his cause.....
Someone who can't help in anything but has d guts to call n ask for monthly recharge card to subscribe n ask for weekly transport n upkeep to galivant around Town.

Lemme stop talking cos it hurts.....
Re: Is It Right For A Mother To Keep Beating Her Adult Son At Age 22 ? by ewizard1: 12:51pm On Jul 09, 2016
Tunechi1:
true but some resetting slap
Lmaooo!!!
Re: Is It Right For A Mother To Keep Beating Her Adult Son At Age 22 ? by Nobody: 1:33pm On Jul 09, 2016
iomoge2:

Last child but he has an elder brother who is 5years older but one year older in academics because that one had to do Nd here n IJMb for Uni-ilorin.
The brother came out fine too. In a class of 70 something only 15graduated without a carry over and he was one of them with a 2.1.
Well, I think the baby of the house thinks life is fair. Since everything is given to him on a plater of gold.
He never suffered like me n his elder brother (am d first) who even had to hawk pure water n become factory workers /sales girl boy to ensure the factory grew.

Honestly, I have lost interest in his cause.....
Someone who can't help in anything but has d guts to call n ask for monthly recharge card to subscribe n ask for weekly transport n upkeep to galivant around Town.

Lemme stop talking cos it hurts.....

Thats a priviledge the last child always enjoys, its unfortunate that this one took his too far ... Well, lets hope for the best sad

1 Like

Re: Is It Right For A Mother To Keep Beating Her Adult Son At Age 22 ? by 99foxxy(f): 1:40pm On Jul 09, 2016
GloryIsaac:

And you've never been beating .... i have nothing to say lipsrsealed
How do i prove it na? don't let ma mum hear this oh.
Re: Is It Right For A Mother To Keep Beating Her Adult Son At Age 22 ? by Nobody: 1:55pm On Jul 09, 2016
99foxxy:
How do i prove it na? don't let ma mum hear this oh.

Hmm, ok oo.. but dont forget to vote for VIZKIZ in the Mr NL contest shaa smiley
Re: Is It Right For A Mother To Keep Beating Her Adult Son At Age 22 ? by Myself2(m): 2:12pm On Jul 09, 2016
If course,that"s if he is one if the zombies that voted for the dullard.Those ones should be given hot slaps everyday of their zombic lives
Re: Is It Right For A Mother To Keep Beating Her Adult Son At Age 22 ? by Nobody: 2:22pm On Jul 09, 2016
Greenbullet:
there is a thin line between correction and torture, if u beat a dog too much,it will surely fight back,you ar the real disgrace to accept oppression. this is where corruption starts ,IN THE HOUSE,IF U CANNOT STAND AGAINST OPPRESSION AT HOME HOW CAN YOU DO SO AGAINST A POLICE MAN OR A POLITICAL OFFICE HOLDER.YOU ARE A WEAKLING.

A weakling? Really?! Isn't it funny how you refuse to understand the diff between that "correction" and "torture"!
Re: Is It Right For A Mother To Keep Beating Her Adult Son At Age 22 ? by Gwazah(m): 2:29pm On Jul 09, 2016
As long as the son is not complaining, its cool!!.
Re: Is It Right For A Mother To Keep Beating Her Adult Son At Age 22 ? by Rukkydelta(f): 2:46pm On Jul 09, 2016
LabiaDestroyer:
keep decieving yourself
Doubting Thomas
Re: Is It Right For A Mother To Keep Beating Her Adult Son At Age 22 ? by natedalo: 2:50pm On Jul 09, 2016
wildguy:
Everyone supporting beating an adult as a method of correction should then see nothing wrong in a husband beating his wife as a means of correction.

Domestic violence is domestic violence irrespective of who is dishing it out or who is receiving it.
One of the best comments so far. I concur 100%. It is domestic violence and abuse anyhow you look at it.

1 Like

Re: Is It Right For A Mother To Keep Beating Her Adult Son At Age 22 ? by Reference(m): 2:58pm On Jul 09, 2016
Failed parenting. What are you correcting for 22 years, haba. Violence remains the tool of the weak and the ignorant. Start early, raise wisely, live by example and always communicate (an area women oft fall short, that's why they tend to do it more) leave no doubt as to the direction you are leading, love them unconditionally and you will never have to raise your hand against your child.

I received the cane as a child but cannot remember exactly what those were for. The things that I do remember today, the things that have moulded my character I still remember and will remain with me till I die is how mamy parents lived. And this is a biblical principle. The Old Testament was full of the rod, God's judgement but until Jesus came did we have a true example of how man should live and it is now easier 'to become'. Worked examples are the best tutor in life.
Re: Is It Right For A Mother To Keep Beating Her Adult Son At Age 22 ? by Lotechi(m): 3:19pm On Jul 09, 2016
when some1 can engage his or her parent/parents in a reasonable discussion, I see no reason y such person shud be beaten!!!! I feel once u are in the University, nobody has the right to harass you physically.

1 Like

Re: Is It Right For A Mother To Keep Beating Her Adult Son At Age 22 ? by Greenbullet(m): 4:04pm On Jul 09, 2016
Jadonjack:

A weakling? Really?! Isn't it funny how you refuse to understand the diff between that "correction" and "torture"!

don't patronize me,weakling!.
Re: Is It Right For A Mother To Keep Beating Her Adult Son At Age 22 ? by 99foxxy(f): 5:40pm On Jul 09, 2016
GloryIsaac:

Hmm, ok oo.. but dont forget to vote for VIZKIZ in the Mr NL contest shaa smiley
Bribe me na tongue
GloryIsaac:

Bribe me na
Re: Is It Right For A Mother To Keep Beating Her Adult Son At Age 22 ? by Nobody: 6:29pm On Jul 09, 2016
Mtcheew! Even with khaki a soldier is still battered by his parent.
Re: Is It Right For A Mother To Keep Beating Her Adult Son At Age 22 ? by enoch273: 6:43pm On Jul 09, 2016
GloryIsaac:

No one's talking about outgrowing parents, we're saying its not right to beat someone of that age, thats clear violence and you know there's something called retaliation, right ... It never occurred to me until someone on this thread mentioned that we(his friends) are going to push him into retaliation by throwing banters at him, i just hope it doesn't lead to a whole new level of madness.... Things like this are the roots of strained relationships in different families today, you may think that after everything things will return to normal but its exactly the opposite, the one at the recieving end may not talk but you'll be shocked at what he can do the day he gets an oppurtunity to make them feel pain, Lincoln said 'If you really want to test the true character of a man, give him power'....

Btw, any beating that can't serve its desired effect by ages 15-17 has lost its value.

you just stated your opinion, thats what society like and not what is right....they are clearly two different things.
Re: Is It Right For A Mother To Keep Beating Her Adult Son At Age 22 ? by Nobody: 6:53pm On Jul 09, 2016
Isn't it wrong for ur own mom to mal-handle you? undecided
GloryIsaac:
Where do i start this ??

Well, i and a group of friends headed to a friends house yesterday to talk about certain things ahead of the evening service which was scheduled to hold by 4 pm.... on getting there, we noticed he was always touching a particular part of his head, on enquiry we found out that he got a beating from his mum the previous night because he came back late around 7pm which led to a disagreement between them.... We couldn't hold back the laughter grin, though it didn't last long because it led to an arguement on whether his mum was right to still be beating a nigga who would be clocking 23 or 24 this year (not so sure about his age though, but i know he's past 21) .

I'm fully aware that this niggas parents are strict and are really good at dishing out serious beatings since the days of adam and eve, my dad quit beating me when i clocked 13 so i find it really amusing to see a guy in his early twenties still getting some touches from his mum....
Decided to bring it to NL in order to know you guys opinion on this.....

And at what age did you get your last beating ??

Cc RoyalRoy
Re: Is It Right For A Mother To Keep Beating Her Adult Son At Age 22 ? by 99foxxy(f): 7:15pm On Jul 09, 2016
GloryIsaac:

And you've never been beating .... i have nothing to say lipsrsealed
You won't understand. Among my siblings I'm the only one that who's untouchable, reason, daddy's girl.
Re: Is It Right For A Mother To Keep Beating Her Adult Son At Age 22 ? by Barigaboy(m): 7:56pm On Jul 09, 2016
Hen hen, if 22 child misbehave na slap he go get. Nobody is above punishment when u misbehave. Only that punishment have levels. I saw your slag(Nigga Nigga). My broda dis is Nigeria. D way a child behaves determines d size of his cane. If your parent don't beat u thank God. Don't put your nigga into anoda trouble instead just tell him that his parent will change as soon as he is able understand them n behave well. Console him n don't let him see them as enemies
Re: Is It Right For A Mother To Keep Beating Her Adult Son At Age 22 ? by Nobody: 8:46pm On Jul 09, 2016
99foxxy:
Bribe me na tongue Bribe me na
How much cool
Re: Is It Right For A Mother To Keep Beating Her Adult Son At Age 22 ? by Nobody: 9:01pm On Jul 09, 2016
Silkmoth33:
Isn't it wrong for ur own mom to mal-handle you? undecided

Take a chill pill bro, i'm not talking about myself lol and thankfully mum and i have a wonderful relationship smiley, not some royal rumble stuff grin
Re: Is It Right For A Mother To Keep Beating Her Adult Son At Age 22 ? by Nobody: 9:13pm On Jul 09, 2016
99foxxy:
You won't understand. Among my siblings I'm the only one that who's untouchable, reason, daddy's girl.

Hmm, i see ... hope being a favourite wont bring bad blood amongst you and siblings
Re: Is It Right For A Mother To Keep Beating Her Adult Son At Age 22 ? by Nobody: 9:14pm On Jul 09, 2016
Reference:
Failed parenting. What are you correcting for 22 years, haba. Violence remains the tool of the weak and the ignorant. Start early, raise wisely, live by example and always communicate (an area women oft fall short, that's why they tend to do it more) leave no doubt as to the direction you are leading, love them unconditionally and you will never have to raise your hand against your child.

I received the cane as a child but cannot remember exactly what those were for. The things that I do remember today, the things that have moulded my character I still remember and will remain with me till I die is how mamy parents lived. And this is a biblical principle. The Old Testament was full of the rod, God's judgement but until Jesus came did we have a true example of how man should live and it is now easier 'to become'. Worked examples are the best tutor in life.

God bless you brother for this comment
Re: Is It Right For A Mother To Keep Beating Her Adult Son At Age 22 ? by Nobody: 9:23pm On Jul 09, 2016
Myself2:
If course,that"s if he is one if the zombies that voted for the dullard.Those ones should be given hot slaps everyday of their zombic lives

grin I understand your frustration bro but this isn't about politics so dont start a Zombie vs Wailers war here pls grin

Dont forget to check my siggy, its Vizkiz or no one cheesy
Re: Is It Right For A Mother To Keep Beating Her Adult Son At Age 22 ? by Nobody: 9:29pm On Jul 09, 2016
Greenbullet:
don't patronize me,weakling!.

Pls bro, dont start an e-war on the thread, you can bring forth your point without throwing stones( you know what) .... but dont forget to vote Vizkiz wink

From an epl supporter cheesy
Re: Is It Right For A Mother To Keep Beating Her Adult Son At Age 22 ? by Nobody: 9:58pm On Jul 09, 2016
No bruh! The way you coined the forum topic specifically puts you in that ignorant position. I just thought I would point that out to you. undecided

So answer my question now, "is it?" undecided
GloryIsaac:

Take a chill pill bro, i'm not talking about myself lol and thankfully mum and i have a wonderful relationship smiley, not some royal rumble stuff grin
Re: Is It Right For A Mother To Keep Beating Her Adult Son At Age 22 ? by Nobody: 9:59pm On Jul 09, 2016
Barigaboy:
Hen hen, if 22 child misbehave na slap he go get. Nobody is above punishment when u misbehave. Only that punishment have levels. I saw your slag(Nigga Nigga). My broda dis is Nigeria. D way a child behaves determines d size of his cane. If your parent don't beat u thank God. Don't put your nigga into anoda trouble instead just tell him that his parent will change as soon as he is able understand them n behave well. Console him n don't let him see them as enemies

Truth be said, i've moved on from his issue, told him to Man Up and stop being a chicken but i think i'll give him this piece of advice, thanks bro...
Btw, would love you to vote for Vizkiz in the Mr Nl contest wink
Re: Is It Right For A Mother To Keep Beating Her Adult Son At Age 22 ? by Nobody: 10:01pm On Jul 09, 2016
truthsayer007:

Story, you are not successful, That is why she is still beating you. Period !

Imagine if Chidinma parents beating her after she won project fame, trust me, They can't.

So true, Timaya said it all in that 'Money' song

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Will You Live In A House Built By Your Wife? Men Speak / Pastor Dad Bonds With Daughter's Son Had Outside Wedlock After Criticizing Her / Issue Between My Mom And My Wife

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.