Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,750 members, 7,820,587 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:41 PM

Is It Right For A Mother To Keep Beating Her Adult Son At Age 22 ? - Family (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Is It Right For A Mother To Keep Beating Her Adult Son At Age 22 ? (26269 Views)

Nigerian Man Flies His Mother To US, She Sheds Tears Of Joy, Refuses To Sleep / What Would You Do To Him If He Is Your Son At The Moment(Photo) / Mother Beating Her 16-Year-Old Daughter For Sharing After Sex Photos On Fb [VIDE (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is It Right For A Mother To Keep Beating Her Adult Son At Age 22 ? by Nobody: 8:54am On Jul 09, 2016
gistmeloveblog:
so far you still dey under your parent roof at that age.. my guy u go still dey chop beating ooooo grin grin grin

So unfortunate grin grin grin, funny how this isn't the case abroad
Re: Is It Right For A Mother To Keep Beating Her Adult Son At Age 22 ? by Nobody: 8:57am On Jul 09, 2016
99foxxy:
I have never been beaten by my parent so i have no idea.

Are you a Nigerian
Re: Is It Right For A Mother To Keep Beating Her Adult Son At Age 22 ? by Nobody: 8:59am On Jul 09, 2016
iomoge2:

Imagine a son you sent to school with a fees of 1.5million a year, comes back after his mates graduated and tell u he was told to leave because he didn't pass. This happened in year two n he continued collecting your money without saying.

This is someone whose accommodation is 400k yearly, feeding and all that over 300k yearly and he is studying Aeronautical Engineering.... This course is not in Nigeria so u had to source foreign currency to send him to school.

He finally comes back and at 22 bringing all sort of girls to your house when u go out claiming he is a pastor. Not knowing that without schooling he can't be a respected pastor.

When all he is interested in is carrying women n breaking up with them. The girls are even wiser n have all gone to date serious guys.

Someone who refused to follow you to your place of work where you make money to send him to school - Pure water factory - instead sleeps at home all day.

Someone who before you open mouth to talk to, he says it's his life.

Someone who has no respect for anyone.....

Please o, is it not to arrange better beating for him?
Or what else can u do?

Now he claims he has seen another school in UK.
Whereas he wasted your money schooling in Ghana (KNUST) with nothing to show for it.
Ghana that was easier to pop into.
Now it's UK that u may not see him for another 50years he is gunning for.

Well, I have told him, he can go n sell his kidney to go to UK
I am done assisting my parents to send him to school.
Smh.

God dey oo, carry him to MFM, looks more like a spiritual something... serious ooo

2 Likes

Re: Is It Right For A Mother To Keep Beating Her Adult Son At Age 22 ? by Nobody: 9:02am On Jul 09, 2016
menxer:
I don't have to read your story to answer your question, which is an emphatic YES.

If you are still been beaten by your mother at 22 years, it means you are still a child that needs to grow up (a lot to learn).

The beating stops when you start thinking, talking and doing like an adult.

BTW, you are never too old for mommy's flogging. grin

Dont you think that whatever you could not teach your child through beating before he/she reaches age 15 can never be taught by continous beating again , Words can go a long way i believe

2 Likes

Re: Is It Right For A Mother To Keep Beating Her Adult Son At Age 22 ? by Omoluabi16(m): 9:03am On Jul 09, 2016
LoL. I think the parents have not done a good job in parenting.When you beat such mature person over such trivial thing, he'll surely go overboard the monent 'daddy and mummy' isn't there. The world has changed.. spanking a child after 14 is useless. The psychological and thoughts are much more important to reach than some miserable scars. An educationist like me knows that first hand. Make your children your best friends, make yourself approachable.The fact you sired them does not make you some demi-god. They're ruining the boy's life big time.

1 Like

Re: Is It Right For A Mother To Keep Beating Her Adult Son At Age 22 ? by NemzySeries(m): 9:05am On Jul 09, 2016
iomoge2:

The one u don't beat that's an animal nko

My SIL has been a medical doctor for over 10years n her mum still slaps her when she misbehaves or is about to.

My mum inclusive.
She still does what is needed.

U r never too grown for your parents.
Read my earlier post n see if u were d parent of the boy, what will u do?
so u guys av signed a deal of a lifetime To b been @ will all in d name of trying to put u upright......back to d orda issue, beating definitely wunt solve d problem, N 2ndly u guys knew d guy had characte/conduct issues & u kip sending him far frm home (uk & ghana) + I bliv hiz allowance n pocket money is on d high side.......u guys shw pray ova d mata & equally engage him & reduce money dat cums hiz way aswell as restrict hiz previledges....God wud see u guys tru

1 Like

Re: Is It Right For A Mother To Keep Beating Her Adult Son At Age 22 ? by Nobody: 9:08am On Jul 09, 2016
fromnigeria:
''Her adult son''

No one's above mistake bro, correct me if i'm wrong.

1 Like

Re: Is It Right For A Mother To Keep Beating Her Adult Son At Age 22 ? by NemzySeries(m): 9:10am On Jul 09, 2016
Fabulocity:
Agreed. Same applies to my mum. She's told us that as long as she's still our mother, and if we ever mess up,regardless of our age, she won't hesitate to use the whip on us cheesy
wao......so in orda words u guys signed a deal of a lifetime (contract) wit mumcy on beating affairs!!! no wonder bible calls it "Long suffering" but fear not, d lord is ur strength & shock absorber

1 Like

Re: Is It Right For A Mother To Keep Beating Her Adult Son At Age 22 ? by adaxxy: 9:18am On Jul 09, 2016
There's nothing wrong when you misbehaveyou receive a dirty slap even in presence of your girlfriend/wife.
Re: Is It Right For A Mother To Keep Beating Her Adult Son At Age 22 ? by Omoluabi16(m): 9:19am On Jul 09, 2016
iomoge2:

Imagine a son you sent to school with a fees of 1.5million a year, comes back after his mates graduated and tell u he was told to leave because he didn't pass. This happened in year two n he continued collecting your money without saying.

This is someone whose accommodation is 400k yearly, feeding and all that over 300k yearly and he is studying Aeronautical Engineering.... This course is not in Nigeria so u had to source foreign currency to send him to school.

He finally comes back and at 22 bringing all sort of girls to your house when u go out claiming he is a pastor. Not knowing that without schooling he can't be a respected pastor.

When all he is interested in is carrying women n breaking up with them. The girls are even wiser n have all gone to date serious guys.

Someone who refused to follow you to your place of work where you make money to send him to school - Pure water factory - instead sleeps at home all day.

Or what else can u do?

Whereas he wasted your money schooling in Ghana (KNUST) with nothing to show for it.

Smh.
awww.. I feel your pain. But do not give up on him, absolutely no one is beyond redemption.you went on about some luxury stuff there. Was your brother ever starved of money? or the 'I get what I want ' while growing up?Last child/only son?

who am I to even judge your parents, after all you came out fine. he'll change.
Re: Is It Right For A Mother To Keep Beating Her Adult Son At Age 22 ? by ADAMUdaCOWBOY: 9:21am On Jul 09, 2016
jmichlins:
My former landlady still beats her son even when the son has made millions and has his own family. Children upbringing is a lifetime stuff
This one is not a child. Any parent that does that is definitely breeding rebellion
Re: Is It Right For A Mother To Keep Beating Her Adult Son At Age 22 ? by Nobody: 9:24am On Jul 09, 2016
Jadonjack:

You are a disgrace to watever species yu from!

Yu mean yu will be happy to see yur younger sibling hit ur papa or mama while punishing him/her?!!! Ode!!

Even , in more developed countries, the highest you see a child do is call 911 which is also bad but fair

Calm down bro smiley, lets not turn this place into an insults zone, you can bring forth your point without that...
Re: Is It Right For A Mother To Keep Beating Her Adult Son At Age 22 ? by banio: 9:27am On Jul 09, 2016
Beating a 22yr old is propagation of domestic violence. I bet you that dude will do the same to his wife and children. Too bad

STOP DOMESTIC VIOLENCE

2 Likes

Re: Is It Right For A Mother To Keep Beating Her Adult Son At Age 22 ? by fromnigeria(m): 9:32am On Jul 09, 2016
GloryIsaac:

No one's above mistake bro, correct me if i'm wrong.
The child can be carefully or moderately corrected if he does something wrong.
Re: Is It Right For A Mother To Keep Beating Her Adult Son At Age 22 ? by phaulzoe(m): 9:32am On Jul 09, 2016
it's totally rubbish
how a young guy like that still get beaten atlest he could b ask to sit and caution not beaten him recklessly
Re: Is It Right For A Mother To Keep Beating Her Adult Son At Age 22 ? by Nobody: 9:33am On Jul 09, 2016
Yes oh grin
As far as she's concerned, her children are never too old to be disciplinedcheesy
NemzySeries:

wao......so in orda words u guys signed a deal of a lifetime (contract) wit mumcy on beating affairs!!! no wonder bible calls it "Long suffering" but fear not, d lord is ur strength & shock absorber
Re: Is It Right For A Mother To Keep Beating Her Adult Son At Age 22 ? by Nobody: 9:35am On Jul 09, 2016
Krismart:
If your mum still beats you at that age then definitely something is wrong with you as a person. A parent no matter how strict will never beat a RESPONSIBLE child at that age

So easy to say, right
Re: Is It Right For A Mother To Keep Beating Her Adult Son At Age 22 ? by Nobody: 9:38am On Jul 09, 2016
nnamdiokere45:
me wey mumcy dey fear na hm she go beat...lol.d guy is either an slowpoke or a man wit a kids brain. mum stop beating me wen I was 13.cus I no lie I mature quick. d highest she does nw is to shout @ me. d day dat nigga challenges her, n she seez anger in his eyes, she go stop. bt I no say mke u beat am bck ooo. unless u want mke swear take u on a stroll

Thats my only fear bro, i just hope his retaliation doesn't lead to a new level of madness from both him and his parents
Re: Is It Right For A Mother To Keep Beating Her Adult Son At Age 22 ? by chinchum(m): 9:43am On Jul 09, 2016
iomoge2:

Or what else can u do?

Smh.
Beating can achieve nothing in this case. Absolutely nothing ! Well maybe it makes you feel good as u vent your emotions, it makes the bad situation get worse on the other hand.
Re: Is It Right For A Mother To Keep Beating Her Adult Son At Age 22 ? by Tomaxzyn1(m): 9:43am On Jul 09, 2016
GloryIsaac:

Funny how this are set of people that keep shouting Eph 6:1-3 .... forgetting that there's a Verse 4 after it grin gringrin

This nigga should be 23 or 24 this year sef grin

Now, guys( including me grin)cant stop using that experience to throw banters at him cheesy cheesy
This is one great disadvantage of havin religious fanatics(who call demsefs xtians) as parents..
Re: Is It Right For A Mother To Keep Beating Her Adult Son At Age 22 ? by menxer: 9:45am On Jul 09, 2016
GloryIsaac:

Dont you think that whatever you could not teach your child through beating before he/she reaches age 15 can never be taught by continous beating again , Words can go a long way i believe

How does that detract from what I said?

Beating a child is never the first but last option in correcting a child. And correction doesn't come at the beginning of a lesson.

Disciplining a child by beating has a point of no return beyond which it's of little use, so everything must be done to assist the child attain that level of discipline before that point of no return.

3 Likes

Re: Is It Right For A Mother To Keep Beating Her Adult Son At Age 22 ? by Tomaxzyn1(m): 9:47am On Jul 09, 2016
GloryIsaac:

Are you a Nigerian
Nothin shockin here Isaac..
It's nt necessary he was raised by his biological moda..cud be some distant relative or so.
But if he was indeed raised by his mother...he probably meant has neva been beaten by his mother sinx he became capable of remembering things as a child
Re: Is It Right For A Mother To Keep Beating Her Adult Son At Age 22 ? by Tomaxzyn1(m): 9:53am On Jul 09, 2016
Fabulocity:
Yes oh grin
As far as she's concerned, her children are never too old to be disciplinedcheesy
Nd who says discipline must involve embarrassing nd 'self-esteem destroying' beatings? ..#AfricanMentality
Re: Is It Right For A Mother To Keep Beating Her Adult Son At Age 22 ? by Tomaxzyn1(m): 9:56am On Jul 09, 2016
ADAMUdaCOWBOY:

This one is not a child. Any parent that does that is definitely breeding rebellion
Exactly what dese kinda parents dunno...
The child only grows to FEAR and probably spite u..not to RESPECT nd love u(as shud be)
Re: Is It Right For A Mother To Keep Beating Her Adult Son At Age 22 ? by MCeeShort(m): 10:00am On Jul 09, 2016
She's right...he's still her son. But is 7pm late? I don't think so.
Re: Is It Right For A Mother To Keep Beating Her Adult Son At Age 22 ? by Tomaxzyn1(m): 10:00am On Jul 09, 2016
nnamdiokere45:
me wey mumcy dey fear na hm she go beat...lol.d guy is either an slowpoke or a man wit a kids brain. mum stop beating me wen I was 13.cus I no lie I mature quick. d highest she does nw is to shout @ me. d day dat nigga challenges her, n she seez anger in his eyes, she go stop. bt I no say mke u beat am bck ooo. unless u want mke swear take u on a stroll
Lolz..I hope ur mumci fears u for virtuous reasons oo..
It's betta for ur mum to respect rather than fear u mehn..
Dat sends some strange msg to ppl
Re: Is It Right For A Mother To Keep Beating Her Adult Son At Age 22 ? by Nobody: 10:03am On Jul 09, 2016
Exactly, it's an African thing and this is one of the few places we are getting it right
Why do you think there's a great difference between kids brought up here and kids brought up abroad?
The beatings we get here reform us, shape our characters so that we will end up as responsible adults
While over there where beating a child is considered as child abuse, don't you see how useless and disrespectful their children are? Insulting and exchanging words with their parents and even threatening to call the police on them?
So sir, I don't consider beating as esteem destroying. Pls, not everything African is evil or backwards.
Tomaxzyn1:

Nd who says discipline must involve embarrassing nd 'self-esteem destroying' beatings? ..#AfricanMentality
Re: Is It Right For A Mother To Keep Beating Her Adult Son At Age 22 ? by YOLO1(m): 10:05am On Jul 09, 2016
Sincerely, I can't remember if my mum has ever beaten me b4. But as for my dad, it's a combination of royal rumble, smackdown, WWE. And this is responsible for the partial hatred I have for him. Am more free with mum and relate with her well. Dad has been trying to make ammends but the childhood experience sucks

1 Like

Re: Is It Right For A Mother To Keep Beating Her Adult Son At Age 22 ? by nonjebose(m): 10:06am On Jul 09, 2016
I had one of the strictest fathers, who used every opportunity not to spare the rod while we were children. My mum supported him to an extent in this ministry. But none of them continued in this ministry when we turned 17. He always said at that age we have to decide who we want to become. That helped us a great deal to right, from a position of self determination and responsibility
Re: Is It Right For A Mother To Keep Beating Her Adult Son At Age 22 ? by Tomaxzyn1(m): 10:07am On Jul 09, 2016
Rukkydelta:

He scold me but not regularly and I was the cool headed type. And he beats my elder siblings more than my mum did especially my elder brother cos he was too stubborn, so all those instill fear in me. I guess my saving grace is cos I'm the last child cheesycheesy
Haha..no wonda..
Lastborn children are kinda lucky..dey hardly get quality beatings from parents unlike d firstborn kids..
By d time lastborn don dey mature..most parents don dey retire from disciplinary studies..most times na the oda elder children dey take ova wit d disciplinary ish
Re: Is It Right For A Mother To Keep Beating Her Adult Son At Age 22 ? by Akjr(m): 10:14am On Jul 09, 2016
Mehnnnnnn, if a guy behaves mature, @ even 18 his mum wont even wll wanna touch him or shout on him anyhw.... Ur behaviour matters. Bt guys anger @ agee 22 upward x very dangerous... Bt no bigdeal. Mumc x always mumc.
Re: Is It Right For A Mother To Keep Beating Her Adult Son At Age 22 ? by Nobody: 10:16am On Jul 09, 2016
Kosy79:
No the mothers show stop d beating at d age of 50 since d upbringing is a lifetime. See let me tell u if u like use rod to whip his ass once his heart is closed up no reverse sometime soft words melts a solid/hard heart not cane. I really hate people flogging their children is so disgusting. The more u beat them d more stronger n use they will be to it and if they commit offence they will say nothing will happen afterall is flogging na nothing more.

Exactly

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Will You Live In A House Built By Your Wife? Men Speak / Pastor Dad Bonds With Daughter's Son Had Outside Wedlock After Criticizing Her / Issue Between My Mom And My Wife

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.