Stats: 3,153,729 members, 7,820,523 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:28 PM

Why We Re-opened Silverbird, Rhythm FM - AMCON - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why We Re-opened Silverbird, Rhythm FM - AMCON (39809 Views)

Ben Murray-bruce & His Brothers Return Silverbird, Rhythm FM Back On Air / AMCON: Silverbird Galleria In Abuja Re-opened / AMCON: Bruce Brothers Sign Court Order As AMCON Takes Over Silverbird (2) (3) (4)

Re: Why We Re-opened Silverbird, Rhythm FM - AMCON by Wiseandtrue(f): 9:52pm On Jun 26, 2016
freshdude99:

I do not know who you are or where you are from but this comment of yours speaks volume of your maturity and wisdom. Running a business in this God forsaken country is akin to hell. Imagine Nigerians celebrating this worthy Entrepreneur's travails that has simply choose hard work instead of stealing and looting ( a norm in Nigeria). I weep for Nigerian youths honestly
It is people like him that should be encouraged and celebrated not those stealing.
Between
Your comment at the beginning though is making me to blush wink
Re: Why We Re-opened Silverbird, Rhythm FM - AMCON by Wiseandtrue(f): 9:59pm On Jun 26, 2016
DanielGb:

With the situation of things, won't he be tempted to steal?
shocked shocked shocked
He did not steal to build the main and branches of his business undecided
With your support and encouragement not condemnation he will rise again.
It happens in all businesses.
His was blown out of proportion because he is a public person
Re: Why We Re-opened Silverbird, Rhythm FM - AMCON by 4Play(m): 10:10pm On Jun 26, 2016
jhydebaba:
As a shareholder in union bank, I lost so much money due to his inability to repay common loan.

he is always seen dishing out common sense to FG on how to run a very big entity like NIGERIA while a small business under his care is collapsing.
#commonsenseindeed

I have no time for Bruce as he is a corrupt bloviating charlatan but I find some of the comments like the above difficult to accept. If you are the shareholder of a bank who face crisis because of effectively one debtor, that tells you a lot about the shoddy risk management and imprudent lending of your bank.

Re: Why We Re-opened Silverbird, Rhythm FM - AMCON by wirinet(m): 11:16pm On Jun 26, 2016
stagger:
I wonder why there is so much fuss. How is the loan to be paid back if the businesses are not operational? The only thing there is that not a dime of revenue will enter the coffers of Ben Bruce and his brothers. All monies will be paid to AMCON who will administer the businesses until all monies are recovered and when the last dime is paid back, AMCON will simply hand the businesses back to the Bruce brothers.

It's all so simple. So why the fuss?

The JAMB question is; if Mr common sense had not been able to service his loans ( I am talking about paying only interests and not principal) for the past 5 years, how long do you think it will take AMCON to pay the N11 billion loan plus interests from the proceeds of the same silver bird group. I doubt Ben will ever get back his silver bird group again except he benefitted from Dasuki's largesse.

Re: Why We Re-opened Silverbird, Rhythm FM - AMCON by toshmann(m): 11:31pm On Jun 26, 2016
Be like this common sense philosophy really pain some people o grin
Re: Why We Re-opened Silverbird, Rhythm FM - AMCON by dematino(m): 12:24am On Jun 27, 2016
Dangote is servicing his loan.
TippyTop:
Dangote is presently owing N150bil big ones but he comes from the untouchable tribe.
Re: Why We Re-opened Silverbird, Rhythm FM - AMCON by Ovamboland(m): 1:17am On Jun 27, 2016
phemmyutd:
So AMCOM is now the CEO of silverbird.

From CEO to ordinary member of the board, till the company is able to pay the loan

Wish Ben Bruce quick recovery in order to take back the company

But next time, He should examined himself before attacking someone else in the name of Common Sense Opposition

So Murray-Bruce is owing 11 billion he has stopped servicing and then cheekily offered to send his wardrobe allowance to pay Osun state civil servants. He was also able to raise money to finance his election while neglecting his loan obligations.

Wishing him goodluck to overcome his current financial travails.
Re: Why We Re-opened Silverbird, Rhythm FM - AMCON by stefan388: 3:58am On Jun 27, 2016
PUSIDRILA:
The Bayelsa Senator, however, said he did no wrong in defaulting on his loans.
“There is no shame in taking loan,” he said in a Twitter session.”If I didn’t take loans, I wouldn’t be able to employ 1000 Nigerians.

If your default had killied Union Bank, thousands of the workers would have lost ther jobs and millions of depositors would have lost their hard-earned money- Now that's commonsense.

But we the wailiers are not happy with is if the dunce, certificateless and quota Buhari will also send and go after all his Fulani, apc friends, members with simllar loans? No is the answer. Those are the reasons why the people from other regions, other political parties are not happy with.
Re: Why We Re-opened Silverbird, Rhythm FM - AMCON by stefan388: 4:14am On Jun 27, 2016
johnwizey:
Common sense no tell you say you suppose service your loan You did no wrong in obtaining a loan but you did when you refuse to pay back abi dose outlets at silverbird, na free dem dey dere You are shouting about employing 1000 people mind you another person will employ dem not an onigbese lyk u, but do you knw hw many will be unemployed if union bank should close

#commonsenseisnotcommon
The reason why most Nigerian are angry and always not supporting your likes and Buhari is that you have ears, brains to reason but will delibrately ignore the right decisions by going and sending the dss, effcc to only the opposition, people of other regions and leave out his Fulanis, his apc members and friends. Those are some of the reasons why people are shouting we want to go our ways. As you decided to persue your recovering, as you fight corruption, also remember to go after all Nigerians who are guility. Senselesspeople.
Re: Why We Re-opened Silverbird, Rhythm FM - AMCON by babadee1(m): 4:16am On Jun 27, 2016
TippyTop:
Dangote is presently owing N150bil big ones but he comes from the untouchable tribe.

How many times will you be told that Dangote is servicing his loans on time? You can't take over the properties of someone who is paying back based on the terms of the loan. His younger brother Sani Dangote had his business taken over by the same AMCON a week before Murray Bruce. Same with Jimoh Ibrahim.

Re: Why We Re-opened Silverbird, Rhythm FM - AMCON by stefan388: 4:21am On Jun 27, 2016
ajalaolanr:

That company no longer belongs to BMB, AMCON has taken over the companies and the assets therein, however , BMB can reach a deal with AMCON, later and the compaNY may be handed over to him, as it is now, AMCON OWNS THE SILVERBIRD GROUP .
Thank you. You are the only senseable zombie for saying Buhari do not have hand in this recovery but he can reach a deal....
Indeed, senalesspeopleandzimbies.
Re: Why We Re-opened Silverbird, Rhythm FM - AMCON by stefan388: 4:38am On Jun 27, 2016
topeextent:
Mr comon sense you are owing 11 billions naira and you went and donate ur salary to osun state government den, why not use Dat money to pay part payment of ur debt, what a Shame you can not manage silverbird group companies tackless of managimg a state. Shiiioooorr
When the certificateless and quota people like Buhari speaks, you detect them immediately. What is ''tackless? You should have said ''much more'' talking of managing a state...... Because managing the state is much more defficult than Silverbird itself according to you senslesszombies.
Re: Why We Re-opened Silverbird, Rhythm FM - AMCON by stefan388: 4:48am On Jun 27, 2016
dfav:
The close down of silver bird group because of politics first b4 the loan defaults is a bad way to recover loan.

To u shallow minds, plz note every big business on planet earth today runs on loan.

This why we have the banks ok...

But bringing politics into it, will scare away good business men from taking Nigeria bank loan whereby leading to them sourcing loan abroad which may lead to capital flight and more poverty and unemployment in Nigeria.

So this not abt APC or PDP or OPC or IPOB
Wetin dey worry you sef? Buhari and apc is introducing politics into pure private business by always going after and sending dss and efcc technically and hiding under givernment power to damage the opposition and other percieved enemies, you are saying it does not concerned apc and pdp. Ask your self if Buhari will go after any Fulani, apc members or his friends in the name of recovering or fighting corruption?
Re: Why We Re-opened Silverbird, Rhythm FM - AMCON by stefan388: 4:51am On Jun 27, 2016
princetom1:

Oga, have u ever weigh in the consequences of this bad loans. So, is untill banks cant afford to pay u ur money before u know something is wrong and bad? Haba, Thousands of jobs will have been created and life saved if he had pay that money. This things are the things killing our economy.
So Buhari', who is incompetent and an individual who enjoys the previlege of the introduction of quota system cannot kill our economy abi?
Re: Why We Re-opened Silverbird, Rhythm FM - AMCON by Caseless: 6:15am On Jun 27, 2016
PhockPhockMan:

Cc omenka, NgeneUkwenu, HungerBad, dropshot,
Beremx, Aresa, Caseless, lalasticlala, obinoscopy.
He hasn't answered the question and you people are busy distracting our attentions from the real issues. He should tell us why he couldn't use his commonsense to manage 11 billion. He's one of the people holding this country back and he's always quick to offer advice on Twitter(his senatorial zone).

Hypocrisy in commonsense...

Re: Why We Re-opened Silverbird, Rhythm FM - AMCON by princetom1(m): 7:44am On Jun 27, 2016
stefan388:
So Buhari', who is incompetent and an individual who enjoys the previlege of the introduction of quota system cannot kill our economy abi?

Na waa o, no wonder we aren't moving forward in this Nigeria. I don't care who it is, whoever is guilty or wrong, has no 2 name. Face the issue at hand. Don't rant about what's not. Chai. Wen will we stop being sentimental?

Re: Why We Re-opened Silverbird, Rhythm FM - AMCON by Nobody: 7:45am On Jun 27, 2016
A Human Resource / Real Estate Consulting Firm in Lagos needs the services of a Business Analyst, Commission Agent, Sales Representative, Marketers, Public Relation Officer and a Cleaner. Interested canditates should call to know the mood of application 07031972866, 07086560323. candidates must be well presentable. Qualification: SSCE OND HND B.Sc
Note: This is a direct employment all candidates must reside in lagos.
Re: Why We Re-opened Silverbird, Rhythm FM - AMCON by truthspeaks: 7:52am On Jun 27, 2016
So Bruce is the sole reason for ur loss as a shareholder? So he z the only debtor in union bank? Ppl can exaggerate for Africa cheesy
jhydebaba:
As a shareholder in union bank, I lost so much money due to his inability to repay common loan.

he is always seen dishing out common sense to FG on how to run a very big entity like NIGERIA while a small business under his care is collapsing.

#commonsenseindeed
Re: Why We Re-opened Silverbird, Rhythm FM - AMCON by Nobody: 9:35am On Jun 27, 2016
Caseless:
He hasn't answered the question and you people are busy distracting our attentions from the real issues. He should tell us why he couldn't use his commonsense to manage 11 billion. He's one of the people holding this country back and he's always quick to offer advice on Twitter(his senatorial zone).

Hypocrisy in commonsense...

Oga!
Back to business cheesy
Re: Why We Re-opened Silverbird, Rhythm FM - AMCON by ofwest47(m): 9:54am On Jun 27, 2016
how much of the 11billion was used for your senate election?

Re: Why We Re-opened Silverbird, Rhythm FM - AMCON by DanielGb(m): 12:13pm On Jun 27, 2016
Wiseandtrue:
shocked shocked shocked He did not steal to build the main and branches of his business undecided With your support and encouragement not condemnation he will rise again. It happens in all businesses. His was blown out of proportion because he is a public person
Let's Waite and see. But, don't forget He is a Senator.
Re: Why We Re-opened Silverbird, Rhythm FM - AMCON by manie(m): 2:37pm On Jun 27, 2016
TippyTop:

Dangote's loans are performing, as a matter of fact financial institutions within and outside Nigeria are competing to finance Dangote's businesses and the guy also pay back his loans before the due date

Re: Why We Re-opened Silverbird, Rhythm FM - AMCON by horlus(m): 2:55pm On Jun 27, 2016
Could this be the reason why he contested for office? Surely a senator can raise the funds in a few years to help pay back the loan or at least a major part of it. Just a thought

Re: Why We Re-opened Silverbird, Rhythm FM - AMCON by kelvinnaira: 5:07pm On Jun 27, 2016
arresa:

This is a discussion forum where intelligent people and not your unintelligent kind discuss issues and idea so get lost if you have nothing sane and intelligent to talk about.
oga sane.. Ibeg tell me the sane things you have said now that will put groundnut in d garri of a poor man...

This is a discussion forum where intelligent people and not your unintelligent kind discuss issues and ideas to boost efficiency.. so get lost if you have nothing sane and intelligent to talk about.
Re: Why We Re-opened Silverbird, Rhythm FM - AMCON by Caseless: 5:41am On Jun 28, 2016
N1one:

Oga!
Back to business cheesy
Oga grin as usual.
Re: Why We Re-opened Silverbird, Rhythm FM - AMCON by stefan388: 5:50pm On Jun 28, 2016
princetom1:

Na waa o, no wonder we aren't moving forward in this Nigeria. I don't care who it is, whoever is guilty or wrong, has no 2 name. Face the issue at hand. Don't rant about what's not. Chai. Wen will we stop being sentimental?
So you are expecting forward movement abi? I pity you. How old are you?when Buhari said about four states do not have quilified people for appointments. When buhari is openy shuting down a university belong to a particular region immediately abi few days, when he was sworn into power etc., you are expecting an upward movement there abi. I pity you. When Buhari himself knows that his government has within a year plus knows that he is on the ways to devide this country, you are expecting an upward movement. Do know how people are praying to go their ways?
Re: Why We Re-opened Silverbird, Rhythm FM - AMCON by stefan388: 5:59pm On Jun 28, 2016
princetom1:

Could you please mentioned the issue at hand? How old are you? When the QUOTA system was intoruced because the north was educationally backward and to favour the north, have I told any lies like apc?
Re: Why We Re-opened Silverbird, Rhythm FM - AMCON by princetom1(m): 6:47pm On Jun 28, 2016
stefan388:
So you are expecting forward movement abi? I pity you. How old are you?when Buhari said about four states do not have quilified people for appointments. When buhari is openy shuting down a university belong to a particular region immediately abi few days, when he was sworn into power etc., you are expecting an upward movement there abi. I pity you. When Buhari himself knows that his government has within a year plus knows that he is on the ways to devide this country, you are expecting an upward movement. Do know how people are praying to go their ways?

1) Don't ask how old i am? Being intelligent and can comprehend has nothing to do with age. I might even be well verse in history than a grandpa
2) U havent said anything worth replying to
3) I repeat, if u are one of the people looting this country dry, either by bad loans, looting, telling lies and mismanagement, FACE THE LAW when it catches up with u, irrespective of either u are Hausa, Igbo or Yoruba. Don't hide under APC or PDP and stop shouting witch hunting. The only question i am asking is ARE U TRULLY GUILTY? U can run, but not forever
Re: Why We Re-opened Silverbird, Rhythm FM - AMCON by stefan388: 11:27am On Jun 30, 2016
princetom1:

1) Don't ask how old i am? Being intelligent and can comprehend has nothing to do with age. I might even be well verse in history than a grandpa
2) U havent said anything worth replying to
3) I repeat, if u are one of the people looting this country dry, either by bad loans, looting, telling lies and mismanagement, FACE THE LAW when it catches up with u, irrespective of either u are Hausa, Igbo or Yoruba. Don't hide under APC or PDP and stop shouting witch hunting. The only question i am asking is ARE U TRULLY GUILTY? U can run, but not forever
Ok, I am guilty. I can run away abi? I don even tire for this forum self.
Re: Why We Re-opened Silverbird, Rhythm FM - AMCON by princetom1(m): 11:41am On Jun 30, 2016
stefan388:
Ok, I am guilty. I can run away abi? I don even tire for this forum self.

Oga sir, upon all the lecture before,that u are older than me, CANT U COMPREHEND THAT AM REFERING TO POLITICIANS? O GA O, SIMPLE COMPREHENSION
Re: Why We Re-opened Silverbird, Rhythm FM - AMCON by stefan388: 11:59am On Jun 30, 2016
princetom1:

Oga sir, upon all the lecture before,that u are older than me, CANT U COMPREHEND THAT AM REFERING TO POLITICIANS? O GA O, SIMPLE COMPREHENSION
even if you were not refering to me, this Nairaland too take person time. Am thinking of how to leave this forum. It take too much of my time. No benefit, nothing nothing yet is one will temted to always visit it. Bye for now

Reno Omokri Disgraces Lola Shoneyin, Wole Soyinka’s Daughter-in-law’ / Asaba Massacre: Untold Story Of Tragedy And Carnage / Photos From The Launch Of Bayo Omoboriowo's Book "Buhari, A New Beginning"

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59