Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,763 members, 7,824,190 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 04:05 AM

Bayelsa State Governor Escapes from London, UK (Now in Nigeria!) - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Bayelsa State Governor Escapes from London, UK (Now in Nigeria!) (28518 Views)

Former Governor Escapes Death In Mecca Crane Crash / Gombe Governor Escapes Death, 14 Supporters Die / Nasarawa Governor Escapes Auto Accident, Three Killed. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bayelsa State Governor Escapes from London, UK (Now in Nigeria!) by Aderonke(f): 5:14pm On Nov 22, 2005
"Bayelsa State Governor, Chief Diepreye Alamieyeseigha has entered Yenagoa, capital of Bayelsa State to a tumultuous welcome from the people of the state.

The Governor, who drove from his home town, Amassoma straight to Government House in a motorcade, addressed a mammoth crowd in front of his office.

In his address, Governor Alamieyeseigha thanked the people of the state for their prayers during his travails in London, stressing that the prayers of the people were most effective." ...quote from www.bayelsagov.com/return.htm

Can you imagine the thief? angry
Re: Bayelsa State Governor Escapes from London, UK (Now in Nigeria!) by kenflavor(m): 5:17pm On Nov 22, 2005
This is the face of the thief, Ole, Barawo, Onye Osi.

Re: Bayelsa State Governor Escapes from London, UK (Now in Nigeria!) by Bibi(m): 5:22pm On Nov 22, 2005
what a handsome lady cheesy
Re: Bayelsa State Governor Escapes from London, UK (Now in Nigeria!) by Nobody: 5:27pm On Nov 22, 2005
oh s/he is so cuuute kiss
Re: Bayelsa State Governor Escapes from London, UK (Now in Nigeria!) by omon(m): 5:28pm On Nov 22, 2005
Guys, is it true that Balogun has been sentenced to 6 months imprisonment?  That will be good riddance to bad rubbish.  I hope that will extend to Alams one day.
Re: Bayelsa State Governor Escapes from London, UK (Now in Nigeria!) by alheri(f): 5:29pm On Nov 22, 2005
heeheeheeheehee..hehehehehehehe....hohohoho.  cheesy :DNa wa ooh! Alam is a very beautiful man. I am glad he has deciced to come out of the closet. Is dat the plastic surgery he went for?
BARAWO KAWAI!!! grin grin grin
Re: Bayelsa State Governor Escapes from London, UK (Now in Nigeria!) by tolutope(m): 5:30pm On Nov 22, 2005
men.... im in love.... she looks like she could rock my world... bibi.. wats her number? or should i say wats his number? grin grin cheesy cheesy..... men the guy use style ugly oooooooo
Re: Bayelsa State Governor Escapes from London, UK (Now in Nigeria!) by Odeku(m): 5:33pm On Nov 22, 2005
If the Governor has Immunity in Nigeria, does that mean he can kill someone and not be prosecuted while in office?  is there a clause in Nigeria constitution where he can be prosecuted, and his surety the 500.000 Pounds bond money
who will repay his friend.  there is more to this storer.
Re: Bayelsa State Governor Escapes from London, UK (Now in Nigeria!) by tolutope(m): 5:34pm On Nov 22, 2005
./..... and he still has the mouth to say he is behind baba all the way... and baba aint saying anythin..... havent we had enuff bullshitting from all these evolving primates dat rule us? undecided cry
Re: Bayelsa State Governor Escapes from London, UK (Now in Nigeria!) by Odeku(m): 5:34pm On Nov 22, 2005
TAFA has noit been convicted of any crime yet. the man is still enjoying his asss in house arrest. this is Nigeria we talking about
Re: Bayelsa State Governor Escapes from London, UK (Now in Nigeria!) by Odeku(m): 5:36pm On Nov 22, 2005
Tolulope remember the Gov has immunity in Nigeria, there is nothing baba can say. its up to the house of senate in the state to impeach the monster
Re: Bayelsa State Governor Escapes from London, UK (Now in Nigeria!) by Aderonke(f): 5:37pm On Nov 22, 2005
i thought he went for tummy tuck & not plastic surgery. How come he came out as a woman

Alam don dey steal frm hin mama womb, d guy na real criminal i swear!

But i learnt d isreali helped him to escape, is dat true?
Re: Bayelsa State Governor Escapes from London, UK (Now in Nigeria!) by omon(m): 5:37pm On Nov 22, 2005
I just got wind of that information from a live online radio...It may be true that Balogun may be heading to the prison

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/africa/4460740.stm

It is confirmed! Balogun will go behind bars. So many drama this month, a Ghanian MP has also been arrested in the US for carrying heroine. He immediately claimed immunity, but was denied...hahaha
Re: Bayelsa State Governor Escapes from London, UK (Now in Nigeria!) by donnie(m): 5:40pm On Nov 22, 2005
cry Oh how i weep as i bow my knees in  prayer for my dear country, Nigeria. May God take away this reproach and shame from us. May truth, justice and righteousness abound in our land, as our people look towards the future with hope and determination in their hearts to bring about the Nigeria or our dreams.

May influence be taken away from wicked and selfish leaders who do not have the fear of God in their their hearts. May they be replaced with enlightened, God fearing Nigerians so that our light may shine forth before all nations and that your glory may be seen in our land again.

In Jesus' name, Amen!
Re: Bayelsa State Governor Escapes from London, UK (Now in Nigeria!) by NduGod(m): 5:40pm On Nov 22, 2005
cheesy Mrs. Alamieyisiegha is back in Nigeria
Re: Bayelsa State Governor Escapes from London, UK (Now in Nigeria!) by tolutope(m): 5:50pm On Nov 22, 2005
Odeku:

Tolulope remember the Gov has immunity in Nigeria, there is nothing baba can say. its up to the house of senate in the state to impeach the monster
so with the evidence of looting, escaping arrest and faking identity, they still want to sit down and impeach... hmm.... i wonder why they didnt sit down and discuss tafa's case before he was thrown out like a dog.... embarassed this is what we r talking about... its time to vote a neutral face not the same old club members.....they kip on decieving us dat they care 4 us.... na yam?
Re: Bayelsa State Governor Escapes from London, UK (Now in Nigeria!) by theORAKU(m): 6:00pm On Nov 22, 2005
so our 250 million naira has gone to the british coffers?!

what a WASTE?
the guy shud be jailed straight without TRIAL.
Re: Bayelsa State Governor Escapes from London, UK (Now in Nigeria!) by tolutope(m): 6:07pm On Nov 22, 2005
theORAKU:

so our 250 million naira has gone to the british coffers?!

what a WASTE?
the guy should be jailed straight without TRIAL.
who said its ur 250million....its the guys own oo.. dont let him hear u.. cheesy
Re: Bayelsa State Governor Escapes from London, UK (Now in Nigeria!) by Odeku(m): 6:12pm On Nov 22, 2005
Im still amazed TAFA only get 6 month in jail. NAIJA self rich people be all friends
Re: Bayelsa State Governor Escapes from London, UK (Now in Nigeria!) by omon(m): 6:16pm On Nov 22, 2005
E still better say the guy waka free. At least that puts a dent on his political image plus he stands to loose a lot of his properties, I hope they recover all.
Re: Bayelsa State Governor Escapes from London, UK (Now in Nigeria!) by casper(m): 6:27pm On Nov 22, 2005
omon:

E still better say the guy waka free. At least that puts a dent on his political image plus he stands to loose a lot of his properties, I hope they recover all.

NA YAM!!!!!1 shocked shocked shocked rolleyes
Re: Bayelsa State Governor Escapes from London, UK (Now in Nigeria!) by Seun(m): 6:40pm On Nov 22, 2005
ABUJA (Reuters) - Disguised as a woman, smuggled across borders by train, plane and speedboat -- the flight of a Nigerian state governor charged with money-laundering in Britain is fast becoming the stuff of legend in his home country.

Diepreye Alamieyeseigha earned the title of "Master of Deception" in Tuesday's This Day newspaper, which published a digital photo-montage of him in a red dress, sparkling necklace, red woman's head-dress and lipstick.

Cross-dressing governor's escape fascinates Nigeria

The ThisdayOnline Montage (not real)
[img]http://www.thisdayonline.com.nyud.net:8090/img.php?id=1101[/img]
Corresponding Article: http://www.thisdayonline.com/nview.php?id=33889
Re: Bayelsa State Governor Escapes from London, UK (Now in Nigeria!) by tolutope(m): 7:55pm On Nov 22, 2005
casper:

NA YAM!!!!!1 shocked shocked shocked rolleyes
na fish? grin
Re: Bayelsa State Governor Escapes from London, UK (Now in Nigeria!) by sade(f): 8:24pm On Nov 22, 2005
This is serious!
Re: Bayelsa State Governor Escapes from London, UK (Now in Nigeria!) by joftech(m): 8:29pm On Nov 22, 2005
Men this country is bleeped up. I want to run away, but am no a fugitive o.

This report confirm one of my biggest fear.

All na cover-cover charade.
Re: Bayelsa State Governor Escapes from London, UK (Now in Nigeria!) by Odeku(m): 9:40pm On Nov 22, 2005
I like How they show his pics in rag. I wonder what extent he will go to save his position next. DO we havce a drag queen Gov in Nigeria? shocked
Re: Bayelsa State Governor Escapes from London, UK (Now in Nigeria!) by bagoma(f): 10:17pm On Nov 22, 2005
People, imagine "This day" tagging him master of deception. what the hell is masterful about that bastard. "This day" goofed seriously on this one. why insinuate praise and glorify crime for heaven's sake.
Jeeeez, i'm highly pissed. really its crazy.
eh, which kain country be this sef?
Re: Bayelsa State Governor Escapes from London, UK (Now in Nigeria!) by Seun(m): 10:39pm On Nov 22, 2005
Joftech, the report you linked to (ElenduReports) lacks credibility. Even within the body of the article, there are discrepancies.
Re: Bayelsa State Governor Escapes from London, UK (Now in Nigeria!) by snazzydawn(f): 11:22pm On Nov 22, 2005
Its a real shame.
Re: Bayelsa State Governor Escapes from London, UK (Now in Nigeria!) by Jakumo(m): 7:20am On Nov 23, 2005
In making a triumphal return to the scene of his financial crimes and standing on a roof-top to greet his massed cronies,  Bayelsa State's fugitive looting governor has shown himself to be a far more entertaining buffoon than most would have hoped for.   Strutting the roof in his John Wayne hat and basking in the elated baying of his acolytes, the cross-dressing chimp of Bayelsa State had evidently managed to convince himself that he would be safe from the long and patient arm of the law.

In short order his royal epilepsy will soon be stripped of  office and diplomatic immunity so that Scottland Yard detectives can dutifully return him to his reserved jail cell in Britain where he belongs and where he will have plenty of time to contemplate his flight of optimistic naivety.  Still, one cannot help but be grudgingly impressed and grateful for the convict ex-governor's sense of humor and dogged determination to amuse the world before he takes the big fall and puts on his UK prison uniform.
Re: Bayelsa State Governor Escapes from London, UK (Now in Nigeria!) by CimonJorr(m): 9:32am On Nov 23, 2005
And my nomination for[b] the most embarassing quote of the year [/b] is....

"For 65 days or so I found myself in the wilderness of foreign restrictions and torment. However, God Almighty has used this travail to humble me and I pray Nigerians accept the will of God in my life. Today, I reclaimed and reaffirmed my Nigerianness. Today, I am back at my desk, forever committed to serve the people of Bayelsa and Nigeria.
I thank the Almighty God for his protection, I thank Bayelsans, the Ijaw Nation and indeed Nigerians for standing by me".

[url=http://www.sunnewsonline.com/webpages/news/national/2005/nov/22/national%20-22-11-2005-001main.htm] http://www.sunnewsonline.com/webpages/news/national/2005/nov/22/national%20-22-11-2005-001main.htm [/url]

Chei ! ! ! ! ! ...

Nigerians have suffered..  angry undecided angry undecided
Re: Bayelsa State Governor Escapes from London, UK (Now in Nigeria!) by kenflavor(m): 9:45am On Nov 23, 2005
I think, the Bayelsans are now getting the picture clearer now. Some Youths came out enmass yesterday chanting anti-Alamieyeseigha on the streets of Yenegoa and the best to be heard again was that, by a resolution of 17 out of 24 members of the Bayelsa State House of Assembly, have served an impeachment notice on the Governor. The legislators, including the new Speaker, Peremobowei Ebebi, however, fled to Lagos yesterday and accused the Governor of sending a killer squad after them.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

DSS Foils Plot To Bomb Ikoyi Estate, Arrests 45 Boko Haram Suspects In Lagos / Bola Ahmed Tinubu Arrives In Lagos / Young Alhaji Shehu Shagari As A Member Of Parliament In 1955(photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.