Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,762 members, 7,813,529 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 01:29 PM

Bayelsa State Governor Escapes from London, UK (Now in Nigeria!) - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Bayelsa State Governor Escapes from London, UK (Now in Nigeria!) (28476 Views)

Former Governor Escapes Death In Mecca Crane Crash / Gombe Governor Escapes Death, 14 Supporters Die / Nasarawa Governor Escapes Auto Accident, Three Killed. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bayelsa State Governor Escapes from London, UK (Now in Nigeria!) by vizion: 10:08am On Nov 23, 2005
CimonJorr:

And my nomination for[b] the most embarassing quote of the year [/b] is....

[url=http://www.sunnewsonline.com/webpages/news/national/2005/nov/22/national%20-22-11-2005-001main.htm] http://www.sunnewsonline.com/webpages/news/national/2005/nov/22/national%20-22-11-2005-001main.htm [/url]

Chei ! ! ! ! ! ...

Nigerians have suffered.. angry undecided angry undecided

just don't worry,
one of this coming sundays, alams go do one better thanksgiving for church
Re: Bayelsa State Governor Escapes from London, UK (Now in Nigeria!) by temilo28: 11:39am On Nov 23, 2005
First it was Dariye escaping from the british police,now its this idiot of a WOMAN ESCAPING from the british court,all this boils down to one fact,WHEN NEXT I TRAVEL TO LONDON AND I SHOW MY NIGERIAN PASSPORT ,I will be searched thoroughly and there will be absolutely no respect 4 me,if a Governor could be so desperate, what would an ordinary citizen like me do?
Re: Bayelsa State Governor Escapes from London, UK (Now in Nigeria!) by Johnny(m): 1:23pm On Nov 23, 2005
It is unfortunate. But I must confess that I am greatly disappointed in the Metropolitan police. Where is the security that the western world has always boasted of? To hell with the governor!!!!!
Re: Bayelsa State Governor Escapes from London, UK (Now in Nigeria!) by donnie(m): 3:37pm On Nov 23, 2005
What bothers me is the soul of this country and its people. I was amazed to see in the papers the govenor being hailed and cheered by his kinsmen who came out in large number raising his praise.

This is one country where criminals are celebrated and good people are criticized and destroyed. We do not have living legends in our country. We only celebrate good people after they are dead and after a short while, they are forgotten. Whereas, when they are alive, we destroy them.

All this must change. We must begin to praise what is good in this country and support  good things so that evil workers shall be ashamed and disgraced.
Re: Bayelsa State Governor Escapes from London, UK (Now in Nigeria!) by solo: 3:52pm On Nov 23, 2005
grin
that is the extent those self acclaimed, south-south wanna be president money loving , people's man would go to keep eating and spending our money. pls i don't know whether to applaud or abuse the man and wish he rot in hell. embarassed let's get serious if this gov should escape impeachment, then there no hope for the young generation. and the only way out of the mess is a revolution
Re: Bayelsa State Governor Escapes from London, UK (Now in Nigeria!) by vizion: 4:48pm On Nov 23, 2005
compared to alams i'll say Dariye is a saint
can u imagine alams dressing like a woman
what if he was caught in the process
or the nigerian navy shot him as he was sneaking into the country
Re: Bayelsa State Governor Escapes from London, UK (Now in Nigeria!) by whocares: 5:10pm On Nov 23, 2005
I don't think i have ever felt more shame at being Nigerian than in the last week.

First the Alams crossdressing drama and then Tafa Balogun sentenced to only 6months after all the noise.
cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry

I continue to sob for my country.

FYI a snapshot of the Alams loot

• That he holds a personal bank account with Barclays Bank Plc, which was opened on 5th January 2004 and the balance stood at £203,753.34 as at 15th February 2005.

• He holds a personal bank account with HSBC, London, but the account was closed sometimes in March 2003, while all the money in the account was transferred to Santolina Investment Corporation’s account with National Westminister Bank, London.

• It was confirmed that he is the sole Director of Santolina Investment Corporation and sole signatory to the company’s account with the National Westminster Bank with A/C No. 10182819 Sort Code 15-00-25 in London.

• He also holds personal account with Bond Bank in Lagos which was opened sometimes in January 2004 and the balance stood at N105,314,942.61 as at 16th September 2005 and another personal account in Oceanic Bank Plc.

• The sum of $2.5million has been discovered in an account which Alamieyeseigha personally held with UBS Warburg AG, 1 Curzon Street, London, WIJ 5HB.

• It is also believed that a substantial amount of money has been transferred to a company called FALCON INC, with an account in the same UBS Warburg AG, 1 Curzon Street, London, WIJ 5HB.

A letter of instruction written by Alamieyeseigha showed how he instructed the bank to transfer a sum of $1.5million from his personal account to the account of the company.

• Alamieyeseigha holds bank accounts in Cyprus with Barclays Bank Plc at International Banking Unit, 88 Dighemis Akritas Avenue, 1644, Nicosia. The account numbers are 7341553/7341596 for US Dollars, 7341454 and 7341588 for GB Pounds Sterling and 7341561 and 7341618 for EURO. An equivalent of more than GBP 3million is believed to be deposited in these accounts.

• Alamieyeseigha holds a bank account in Denmark with JYSKE Bank at Besterbrogate, 9, DK-1780, Copenhagen V. The client number is 959878-8275 and the account number is 5005220454-7. A sum of $500,000 had already been frozen in the account.

It is also believed that he holds substantial bonds within the bank reference number 959899-5203. The account and the bonds appeared to be in the name of Santolina Investment and Diepreye Alamieyeseigha.

• He holds two (2) JYSKE Visa Cards numbers 4809 0225 9878 and 4809 0215 9878 8272.

• He established a trust with UBS Trustees (Bahamas) Ltd., P.O. Box N-7757, East Bay Street, Nassau, Bahamas. Details of the Trust are as follows:- The SALO TRUST in the names of Enitonbrapa Alamieyeseigha, Embelakpo Alamieyeseigha, Ebipadei Alamieyeseigha, Oyamuyefa Alamieyeseigha, Saleaka Alamieyeseigha and Margaret Alamieyeseigha.

• He holds an account with the Bank of America in the name of Peter Alamieyeseigha with account number 0054 8256 2491 which balance stood at $160,000.00 as at August 2003.

• The sum of GBP 1,350,000.00 being the annual premium for Insurance Policy No. 1E1/0405/0012/AR/HQ in respect of the Kolo Creek Power Station Yenagoa, has been traced in an account at Barclays Bank, Knightsbridge, London, SWIX 7NT, A/C No. 80041262, Sort Code 20-47-35, IBN:GB 87 BARC 2047 3580 0412 62 SWIFT BICGB22 held by a certain First Investment & Finance Corporation. The premium is for an All Risks Cover for the Gas Turbine for a period between 22/6/2005 and 21/6/2006.

The EFCC further gave a breakdown of the properties owned by the governor.

Alamieyeseigha was a Director of an offshore company named Solomon & Peters Ltd (two middle names) and there are four (4) London properties he bought and registered in the company’s name. These properties are:

• 247, Water Gardens, London, W2 2DG, which is the registered address of Solomon & Peters Ltd. This property was purchased for £1.75million on 20/8/2003.

• 14, Mapesbury Road, London, NW2 4JB. This property was purchased for £1.4million on 6/7/2001.

• A multi-million US Dollar oil refinery in Ecuador said to be owned by Chief D.S.P. Alamieyeseigha is also being investigated.

It has also been established that he owns the following properties in Nigeria:

Lagos

• Two blocks of luxury flats at Plot 26 Bashir Dalhatu Close, Abacha Estate, Ikoyi, Lagos worth N450million.

• A mansion at 4A, Ilu Drive, Ikoyi, Lagos worth N250million.

• An estate of six luxury duplexes at No. 1, Community Road, Off Allen Avenue, Ikeja, Lagos worth N200million.

• 12, Adeyemi Lawson Street, Ikoyi, Lagos.

Abuja

• No. 7, Mississippi Street, Maitama, Abuja.

• Chelsea Hotels Abuja worth N2billion. The sum of N1.5billion has so far been paid by Chief D.S.P. Alamieyeseigha from the State government accounts held in Intercontinental Bank and International Trust Bank. A company by name Herbage Global Services Limited scheduled to have taken over the management of the hotel after the purchase is being investigated.

• A property at John Kadiya Street, Off Jose Marti Crescent, Asokoro, Abuja worth N350million.

• Bayelsa State Governor’s lodge located at Iro Dan Musa Street, off T.Y. Danjuma Street, Asokoro Area, Abuja, was also established to be owned by him.

• Plot 916 & 917, Wuse II district, Abuja.

• Plot 7, Cadastral Zone A6, Maitama Abuja.

• Plot 1267, Amazon Road, Abuja.

• Plot 3375, Cadastral Zone A6, Abuja.

• Plot 1372-1374, Cadastral Zone A7, Wuse II, Abuja.

• Plot 1281, Cadastral Zone A4, Asokoro, Abuja.

Port Harcourt

• Continental Bank Building, Boro Park, Port Harcourt.

• 3, William Jumbo Street, Old GRA, Port Harcourt was discovered to have been purchased in 2001 for N35million.

• Plot 42 (No. 20) Obagi Street, GRA Phase 1, Diobu, PH.
Re: Bayelsa State Governor Escapes from London, UK (Now in Nigeria!) by joftech(m): 5:20pm On Nov 23, 2005
Is it not possible for us (Nigerians) to be bombing all those buildings.
Re: Bayelsa State Governor Escapes from London, UK (Now in Nigeria!) by prettyH(f): 6:16pm On Nov 23, 2005
r u serious, no wonder d guy had to escape back to the country. all dat property....for what?
Re: Bayelsa State Governor Escapes from London, UK (Now in Nigeria!) by Odeku(m): 6:21pm On Nov 23, 2005
What is this source of this file. I know for a fact you cant get another persons account number in the state, so the man is guilty but I dont think those accounts are valid
Re: Bayelsa State Governor Escapes from London, UK (Now in Nigeria!) by otokx(m): 6:36pm On Nov 23, 2005
the case of the governor general of the ijaw nation moved from corruption to victimization when the attorney general of nigeria went to testify against a serving governor of a state in nigeria and that is why he has the goodwill of many people here in Nigeria especially in the Niger Delta area.
Re: Bayelsa State Governor Escapes from London, UK (Now in Nigeria!) by Seun(m): 6:55pm On Nov 23, 2005
otokx, you are missing the point. The Attorney-General went to London to testify that this man is likely to escape from the UK if granted bail, and this is exactly what he did, showing that the Attorney-General was telling the truth.
Re: Bayelsa State Governor Escapes from London, UK (Now in Nigeria!) by otokx(m): 7:10pm On Nov 23, 2005
seun: i did not miss the point. there is a conspiracy between the british government and its nigerian federal counterparts to use the bayelsa state governor as a scape goat. Let him who is without sin cast the first stone. This is a case of ali baba and the forty thieves. Ironically the current minister of justice was the counsel to dariye when he was facing similar charges.
Re: Bayelsa State Governor Escapes from London, UK (Now in Nigeria!) by Seun(m): 7:14pm On Nov 23, 2005
If there's a conspiracy between the British Government and the FG, then why was he granted bail against the wishes of the attorney-general, which gave him the opportunity to escape?
Re: Bayelsa State Governor Escapes from London, UK (Now in Nigeria!) by Odeku(m): 7:38pm On Nov 23, 2005
he would have been better off to do time In London, if he is prosecuted and jail in Nigeria, mosquito go show am
Re: Bayelsa State Governor Escapes from London, UK (Now in Nigeria!) by ocho(f): 10:52pm On Nov 23, 2005
i'm not really into politics but this is an interesting topic. Now what do i hear? he's jumped bail? wow! i don't even know what to say! how did he do that? and so is he still the governor of Bayelsa state then? ok, now what i don't get is this immunity issue? does someone mind explaining it to me and also explaining why it even exisits? i mean does it go to say that our Nigerian leaders are above the law? is it practiced only in Nigeria?
Re: Bayelsa State Governor Escapes from London, UK (Now in Nigeria!) by pharrod(m): 1:41am On Nov 24, 2005
Bayesain are protesting saying that he must face justice.how can a common criminal govern them,if he is innocent ,why did he jump bail and disappear only to appear in yenagoa.may he rust in hell.
Re: Bayelsa State Governor Escapes from London, UK (Now in Nigeria!) by CimonJorr(m): 7:59pm On Nov 24, 2005
The Nigerian constitution (and indeed most constitutions all over the world) allow for some cadres of public servants to be immune from legal proceedings to allow them carry out their job functions more effectively...

Some countries grant it to diplomatic staff from other countries as a matter of international courtesy and diplomacy..

In Nigeria, the facility has been seriously abused by some people (using this to misbehave while in office, since they can't be prosecuted while in office).. You have to read through all the associated posts, and this one in particular to get the whole gist..

ocho:

i'm not really into politics but this is an interesting topic. Now what do i hear? he's jumped bail? wow! i don't even know what to say! how did he do that? and so is he still the governor of Bayelsa state then? ok, now what i don't get is this immunity issue? does someone mind explaining it to me and also explaining why it even exisits? i mean does it go to say that our Nigerian leaders are above the law? is it practiced only in Nigeria?
Re: Bayelsa State Governor Escapes from London, UK (Now in Nigeria!) by ocho(f): 11:58pm On Nov 24, 2005
Oh my gosh! Is this all the jist i have been missing out on? I really do need to read the papers or even watch the news more often. This is one hell of a drama going on! Thanks for the enlightenment  CimonJorr smiley
I really do think he should be prosecuted for his brought to judgment  for his atrocious behavoiur but who am I kidding? that's never going to happen, when it's obvious that his allies are those that are our supposed leaders. As for those rejoicing over his return and making him seem like a hero, they can't say they're ignorant of what he did so shame unto them(especially when they are the ones that will be more affected). As for all that wealth he accumulated, what could he possibly use every sinlge one of it for? that's just being greedy, but i guess it's obvious that he is.
and he dressed as a woman to run away from London? shocked oh my goodness! as funny as that sounds, it's sadning because that just shows so much desparation on his part and sadly, that's how tragic his sorry life is!
I sure do hope he is prosecuted though(immune or not), but if in the long run he isn't.....................na today?
Re: Bayelsa State Governor Escapes from London, UK (Now in Nigeria!) by Nobody: 1:00am On Nov 25, 2005
Dear Alamsco,

Welcome papa!
I am very pleased that you are back from your persecution in the UK. I quite agree with you, don’t mind those oyinbo pple, they were only punishing you because you are black!
As for president Obasanjo, let us leave him in the hands of God abi?

I am quite intrigued by your style of returning to your country. Pls would you mind sharing your experience with me? It might come in handy when I have to escape from obodo oyinbo one day.

I agree with you, it was your “fervent prayers” that brought you back. I also agree that you do not know how you returned. How can you know since you just slept, woke up and found yourself in your village? Let us “thank God” for bringing u back safely. All the millions found on you were lies, mere fabrications by your detractors. How can a honorable man like you be found with such huge sums of money? You are the very embodiment of honesty and virtue!

Thank you for improving the image of Nigeria! Infact I can only imagine that most Nigerians will now find it easier to obtain travel visas to the UK and USA! You have shown the outside world that Nigerians are not rogues, you have shown that we are not corrupt (don’t mind the lies of transparency international), you have shown that we all abide by the rule of law. All the long queues at the embassies will soon stop since they have been proved wrong by your actions. Nigerians indeed are not rogues!

Thank you very much since Nigerians will now be able to obtain bail easily even without bonds. Policemen will treat Nigerians with much more love and respect.

Dear papa, infact ur actions are those worthy of emulation. I join the millions who wish you a great welcome home. Thank you for being a martyr for nigeria’s “nascent” democracy. We are all proud of you and at no time have we ever been prouder of our green passport!

Thank you
Re: Bayelsa State Governor Escapes from London, UK (Now in Nigeria!) by ocho(f): 1:20am On Nov 25, 2005
Are you serious? shocked
Re: Bayelsa State Governor Escapes from London, UK (Now in Nigeria!) by otokx(m): 9:38am On Nov 25, 2005
there is more than meet the eyes in this whole saga, the bayelsa state government says the people calling for the resignation of their state governor are miscreants imported from rivers state. Why the members of the house of assembly choose to run to Lagos and not Port Harcourt to start impeachment proceedings is a mystery. Anyway one thing is for sure, 95% of corruption in nigeria is perpetuated by the political class.
Re: Bayelsa State Governor Escapes from London, UK (Now in Nigeria!) by variation(m): 10:52am On Nov 25, 2005
Am not saying what he did is good but let us praise the man for beating the security a great nation like London that's computerize. There are lot's of governors stealing our money is because this one is caught. He is a brain man, Nigeria must not through him away.
Re: Bayelsa State Governor Escapes from London, UK (Now in Nigeria!) by alheri(f): 10:56am On Nov 25, 2005
@davidylan. Men i feel your post. Na today........abeg,clap for alams. I dont understand all the hype,they are all the same them politicians. They are all competing to beat each other in there corruption bid. Nemesis is the word.
Re: Bayelsa State Governor Escapes from London, UK (Now in Nigeria!) by Adomokhai(m): 1:56pm On Nov 25, 2005
What do you see in the Bayelsa state Governor... cry
Re: Bayelsa State Governor Escapes from London, UK (Now in Nigeria!) by tibabey(f): 3:44pm On Nov 25, 2005
i dont know wat to really say but i cant blame the guy.theres a sayin that says widout the root thers no tree. its nigerias foundation thats talkin. sad sad
Re: Bayelsa State Governor Escapes from London, UK (Now in Nigeria!) by dakoru(m): 4:15pm On Nov 25, 2005
how sad,those who are sopposed to be the ambasedors are the lawbreakers in nigeria.this is indeed a national embrassment for nigerians and i hope the nigerian government do something soon to bring this guy to justice.and as for the people of bayelsa who were publicly rejoicing over the return of someone who has been looting what is meant for them. shame on u all angry
Re: Bayelsa State Governor Escapes from London, UK (Now in Nigeria!) by Mekuslala(m): 5:30pm On Nov 25, 2005
our leaders are corrupt. they dont have the masses at heart. dats the problem with nigeria. they sing "one nigeria" because they are in authority, if they where not in authority, they would have kicked against it. may God deliver us.
Re: Bayelsa State Governor Escapes from London, UK (Now in Nigeria!) by Aderonke(f): 5:53pm On Nov 25, 2005
dakoru:

.....and i hope the nigerian government do something soon to bring this guy to justice....

Tell me, who re d nigerian government? re they not d same lawbreakers who regulate authority and powers among themselves?
thunder fire them jare!
Re: Bayelsa State Governor Escapes from London, UK (Now in Nigeria!) by Nobody: 7:51pm On Nov 25, 2005
May the good Lord help us, at least we have one consolation that our political leaders will learn to sit at home and stop junketting round the globe in the name of "searching for foreign investors" when they themselves are the "foreign investors" investing our money in foreign banks in their own names!
Re: Bayelsa State Governor Escapes from London, UK (Now in Nigeria!) by joftech(m): 8:45pm On Nov 25, 2005
The like of alameysia are suffering from an acute form of kleptomaniacal disorder.
They are also afraid of their doomed future once they are out of office.
I think we need to be psychologically examining these governors before they are sworn in to office.
Re: Bayelsa State Governor Escapes from London, UK (Now in Nigeria!) by Nobody: 9:32pm On Nov 25, 2005
i do not like alamsco! however i am not concerned about him. i am worried that i will have to use that green passport at british and american embassies and airports. i am concerned that foreign security agents will be only too pleased to subject me to varying degrees of inhumanity simply becos i come from the same country as alami. i am worried that like our political leaders, alami is less concerned about the international impact his action has cost this country and every one that is a nigerian.
i am worried becos those nigerians aspiring to travel to europe and america now have extra hurdles put in their way by the likes of alami.
i am sad becos i can just imagine the question the embassy official is likely to ask;

embassy official: what do you want to do in the UK?
poor nigerian: i am visiting for summer
embassy official: do you have a bank account in the uk?
poor nigerian: (gleefully presents his account) my father has have 4 million pounds
embassy official: what job does he do?
poor nigerian: he is a contractor
emabssy official: is he in the UK?
poor nigerian: yes
emabssy official: (lifts her stamp) how am i sure he is not a criminal?
poor nigerian: (now sweating) no ma he is not
emabssy official: how am i sure he will not jump bail if he is charged to court?
poor nigerian: (praying fervently) no ma he is the director of a federal ministry, he can't do that
embassy official: (stamps the passport) if a governor can, how am i sure ur father won't?
embassy official: NEXT!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Supreme Court Dismisses PDP Suit Challenging Oyetola's Candidacy / "Igbo Youths For Buhari" Rally Holds In Abuja (Photos) / Breakdown Of September 2017 Allocation To The 36 States

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 131
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.