Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,487 members, 7,816,150 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:42 AM

It’s Data Wars In Nigeria And Airtel Is Winning - Phones (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / It’s Data Wars In Nigeria And Airtel Is Winning (54250 Views)

Glo Downgrades It's Data Plans See Everything / Camon C9 Is Winning; Meet Its Brother—Camon C7 / How To Stop GLO And AIRTEL Auto-borrow Me Credit Service (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: It’s Data Wars In Nigeria And Airtel Is Winning by Nobody: 7:33am On Jul 08, 2016
earthrealm:
glo is very very useless, i fell for thier trap some time ago...then 24gb was 8k, which was a big deal then back in 2014, omo see me na, cos thier lousy,slow network...i cudnt use upto 2gb of that 24gb, had to be buying additional packs to entend the validity,,,thinking it wud get better...for where!..after 4 months of buying additional data, i just said f,uck it...n allowed the data expire...lost abot 18gb then...am not ever using glo internet again...ever ever...
so slow, pages dont open etc...i ported my line to etisalat, and its been fairly ok for now

I tink dia normal internet plan s awful. Dia BB internet plan of either #1400 or #1500 for 3G is much better depending on ur location. I ve been using dia BB plan for almost 2yrs nw nd its ok
Re: It’s Data Wars In Nigeria And Airtel Is Winning by Stanbeto: 7:35am On Jul 08, 2016
I love the Data warg Boom!
Re: It’s Data Wars In Nigeria And Airtel Is Winning by sinistermind(m): 7:37am On Jul 08, 2016
hornybee:

1.5 GB of mtn is far better than 6 GB of glo useless network because glo is so slow u ll end up smashing ur device

Glo slow?? I beg to differ. It is relatively fast in my area.
Re: It’s Data Wars In Nigeria And Airtel Is Winning by Nobody: 7:40am On Jul 08, 2016
One good reason am stalk to glo is there data r always calculated correctly as in 10gb is 10gb no short changing unlike airtel and mtn.

And I will rather be cheat by a brother than a foreigner cheesy grin cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: It’s Data Wars In Nigeria And Airtel Is Winning by Nobody: 7:43am On Jul 08, 2016
come Ye all for I am Moses here to carry my lost sheep to the kingdom of PSIPHON !!!
Re: It’s Data Wars In Nigeria And Airtel Is Winning by Nobody: 7:46am On Jul 08, 2016
eemmbbee:

I know that the geeks among us are still enjoying their unlimited surfing with the Etisalat BB10 data plan, but for those that are complaining, Airtel is here for you as an alternative to surf unlimited without paying a dime. I would brief you guys with latest Airtel free browsing setting via Psiphon Handler, Sypon Shield, Pronet or Netify VPN. The tweak was tapped from video.ng.airtellive.com, which is a url for the Airtel entertainment platform that allows users of the platform to Download music, videos and other entertainment stuffs at stipulated price, but by the power vested in Psiphon Handler, Sypon Shield, Pronet or Netify VPN you will be able to surf, streaming and download anything you like without paying a dine via the stated Airtel Entertainment Store url. Just follow the steps below accordingly and you are good to surf unlimited with Airtel Sim. Materials Needed » You can use your installed Psiphon Handler, NetifyVpn, or download Sypon Shield Take Note of This: Make sure you don't put any airtime on your Airtel sim, you must not be on any active data plan, also, clear your Psiphon or any other vpn data and cache. Set your phone APN to the default. Then Launch Sypon Shield or Psiphon Handler, in the handler menu: » Proxy type: Real Host » Proxy server: video.ng.airtellive.com » Real Proxy Type: default » Hit the Save button » Immediately you click save, a pop up message will appear requesting to use Tunnel whole device, just tap on the option to Tunnel Whole Device and it will take you to the next phase » Choose the Option Menu » Under this Option menu, you will see Select Region , tap and select USA » Go to your More Option settings and untick connect through HTTP Proxy » Go back now to the main page of the Psiphon and tap the start button below, wait for few seconds for it to Connect. Then, fire up any browser and any other apps. Enjoy it while it last.
bros abeg, what is the settings for simple server, ? I mean pc own
please answer fast abeg, i want to be using t with modem.. Please
Re: It’s Data Wars In Nigeria And Airtel Is Winning by barcaboi(m): 7:51am On Jul 08, 2016
Angelorosebud:
That airtel plan is not 11gb it is 1. 1gb for 2k
http://www.prisschar.com/2016/04/understand-your-menstrual-cycle.html
dats a lie....airtel is 1k for 1.5g
2k for 3.5g
2500 for 5g
dial *141#
Re: It’s Data Wars In Nigeria And Airtel Is Winning by iambabaG: 7:51am On Jul 08, 2016
omotroyz:
currently using Airtel #200 for 2gb( 2weeks and 2g network)

Abeggg.. How do you do that?? Help a brother in this hard times
Re: It’s Data Wars In Nigeria And Airtel Is Winning by danigbo(m): 7:52am On Jul 08, 2016
I concur
Re: It’s Data Wars In Nigeria And Airtel Is Winning by sold(m): 7:52am On Jul 08, 2016
glo huge data plan is a scam, there network got worse, you can't even use the data, As in worst...........
Re: It’s Data Wars In Nigeria And Airtel Is Winning by Nobody: 7:53am On Jul 08, 2016
dejavuh0007:
#TEAMAIRTELTRYBE, DATA USAGE AFTER SUBBING FOR THE 1HR PLAN undecided

how much is the 1hr plan?
Re: It’s Data Wars In Nigeria And Airtel Is Winning by Gkemz: 7:54am On Jul 08, 2016
Etisalat data service is beginning to depreciate drastically just as they introduced these new affordable data plans. The network fluctuates more often than epileptic PHCN power supply. I'll return to MTN the best scammers network though with the best reliable coverage.
Re: It’s Data Wars In Nigeria And Airtel Is Winning by Nobody: 7:55am On Jul 08, 2016
drss:
am not impress. #team 1GB for N50.

your head dey there Joe.. me wey fit use 10gb finish in a day.. na me wan celebrate dis o.
Na for this harsh economy I go dey use 1k, 2k subscribe Wetin no go last for a day? I wonder how some people dey use 1gb for a whole month.. what's the fun in browsing without downloading??
missing simple server

1 Like

Re: It’s Data Wars In Nigeria And Airtel Is Winning by Elebiju: 7:58am On Jul 08, 2016
sold:
glo huge data plan is a scam, there network got worse, you can't even use the data, As in worst...........
But I just finished my 10gig without any hitch.

1 Like

Re: It’s Data Wars In Nigeria And Airtel Is Winning by Nobody: 7:58am On Jul 08, 2016
3rdlegxxx:
I seriously need to read more from writers like the OP, if 80% of Nairalanders could write like you bro then Nigeria would be good intelligence wise, you wrote like a really good writer, it was refreshing to read this write up, I use glo 10 gig for N2,500 and it is lovely, my browsing speed is good, I share my data with 2 or 3 friends sometimes and they all use it in browsing and downloading so no complains, never really liked Airtel, it usually gave way too many problems, bad networks and more altho I understand Glo still can't match MTN and a lot os areas still have bad Glo services so this Data talk is useless to them but I love Glo, calls are usually clear, my browsing is good but I still miss using my Etisalat to browse, it was so fast but expensive, guess they also have cheap data values now, I loved the speed of browsing with Etisalat, the boss MTN has always been good but expensive, nice write up from OP, a refreshing read and away from the norm.

Does glo 10G for #2500 work on 3G or just on EDGE(2G)?
Re: It’s Data Wars In Nigeria And Airtel Is Winning by Nobody: 8:03am On Jul 08, 2016
kindredspirit:

Honestly, it surprises me when I hear lots of people complain about poor and slow Internet Service on the Glo network. They cannot all be complaining for nothing. However, my experience has been the reverse as the Glo data network is extremely fast at my location and anywhere I am, for that matter.

Pls wia s ur location?
Re: It’s Data Wars In Nigeria And Airtel Is Winning by Nobody: 8:07am On Jul 08, 2016
really, it amazes me when i discovered these days that airtel is really coming. Tump up for airtel.
Re: It’s Data Wars In Nigeria And Airtel Is Winning by horlus(m): 8:09am On Jul 08, 2016
they should remove the time limit attached to using the data. i should buy data and finish it whenever i like.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: It’s Data Wars In Nigeria And Airtel Is Winning by jflexy(m): 8:10am On Jul 08, 2016
drss:
am not impress. #team 1GB for N50.

Chai, bro na so u stingy reach grin grin grin grin
Re: It’s Data Wars In Nigeria And Airtel Is Winning by menxer: 8:12am On Jul 08, 2016
It's only in Telecoms industry that we are seeing and benefiting from price competition.

It's only telecoms (on their own) that is always looking for a way to add value while keeping the price down.

Why can't same be said of other sectors?

BTW, Etisalat is the best network to browse with, Their 1gb is 1gb, no data throttling.
Re: It’s Data Wars In Nigeria And Airtel Is Winning by Lilshaddy(m): 8:14am On Jul 08, 2016
vicben27:
Rockin dat #200 4 2gb on airtel(2g) gud netwrk too. Airtel rules after all awuf no dy run belle on dis occassion
Pls wats d code for it
Re: It’s Data Wars In Nigeria And Airtel Is Winning by menxer: 8:15am On Jul 08, 2016
horlus:
they should remove the time limit attached to using the data. i should buy data and finish it whenever i like.

I Think they are working on that because Etisalat has extended its data validity to 33 days from 30 days.
Re: It’s Data Wars In Nigeria And Airtel Is Winning by frankblinkz(m): 8:15am On Jul 08, 2016
asin eh ...hv bn flexin my airtel 2gb for N200.....yea N200,mehn sm1 nearly spoilt my mind dat it aint workn....dats a fattest lie...e dey work scarra,see me see grove.....Airtel for nw since MTN block my simple server,sm1 help tell mtn dey are madt

1 Like

Re: It’s Data Wars In Nigeria And Airtel Is Winning by Spells(m): 8:18am On Jul 08, 2016
Am not impressed yet... .. #Teamwifi everywhere cool
Re: It’s Data Wars In Nigeria And Airtel Is Winning by Spells(m): 8:20am On Jul 08, 2016
frankblinkz:
asin eh ...hv bn flexin my airtel 2gb for N200.....yea N200,mehn sm1 nearly spoilt my mind dat it aint workn....dats a fattest lie...e dey work scarra,see me see grove.....Airtel for nw since MTN block my simple server,sm1 help tell mtn dey are madt
bros how I go take do the airtel 200 data sub cheesy
Re: It’s Data Wars In Nigeria And Airtel Is Winning by Lilshaddy(m): 8:21am On Jul 08, 2016
omotroyz:
currently using Airtel #200 for 2gb( 2weeks and 2g network)
Please wat is d code
Re: It’s Data Wars In Nigeria And Airtel Is Winning by blesoh(f): 8:24am On Jul 08, 2016
kindredspirit:

Honestly, it surprises me when I hear lots of people complain about poor and slow Internet Service on the Glo network. They cannot all be complaining for nothing. However, my experience has been the reverse as the Glo data network is extremely fast at my location and anywhere I am, for that matter.
Same here, Glo works perfectly well for me even in calls. MTN was even the reason I bought Glo, MTN was really bad. I Enjoy Glo well.

1 Like

Re: It’s Data Wars In Nigeria And Airtel Is Winning by chikabest(m): 8:24am On Jul 08, 2016
Cieno:
There was a time when 1,000 could only get you 200mb at best on any decent network. Honestly, these times were simple, all you needed was money. After years of throwing away money to the likes of MTN who had pretty sweet internet connection but over the top prices and Airtel who was considerably cheap but very unstable network connection, Nigerians got fed up, at least I know I did.

To our rescue came Mobile wifi routers; first swift then spectranet then smile. Anyone who uses internet for anything serious wouldn’t mind paying through their teeth for internet connection that good; it was 4G LTE after all.

It seemed all was good again, internet users happy. But then something happened. It all started this year and it all started with a network you wouldn’t even think could make it happen.

MTN decided and said ‘you know what, screw this, let’s have a party’, and just like that, MTN subscribers like me could get 1.5GB for 1000 naira, 3.5GB for 2,000 and 10GB for 5,000.

Scary right, the one network who hadn’t changed their plans in years decided to slash prices. I’m sure you can guess what came after, the only network people actually use because of internet decided to join the madness, Airtel raised the bar with this one allowing customers get 4GB for 2,000 and 9GB for 3,500. I actually thought, maybe…just maybe i should have stuck around with Airtel a little longer.

It actually does get better than that. Etisalat came with a crazy offer, and believe me, unlike most other networks, Etisalat’s promotions come with no strings attached and their network can only be matched by MTN’s. 1.5GB for 1,000, 3.5GB for 2,000, and 6.5GB for 3,500. At this point, intensity had intensified and nobody knew what to do… Well that was until Glo decided to end the campaign once and for all, 10GB for 2,500… Doesn’t make any sense to you yeah? Well, me too.

6GB for 2,000

2GB for 1,000

And the mother of all data giveaways, 10GB for 2,500.

You might think that’s all but there’s talks of Airtel selling 11GB for just 2,000.

Picking a mobile data plan just became pretty stressful but it’s the kind of stressful I like

SOURCE:http://www.naijasauce.com.ng/its-data-wars-in-nigeria-and-airtel-is-winning/
Glo network is actually the worst though, you'll have to cough blood before you can use 1mb out of the allocated 10gb.

1 Like

Re: It’s Data Wars In Nigeria And Airtel Is Winning by tunscolo(m): 8:24am On Jul 08, 2016
The speed you get from a network depends on the location that you are to their high speed service. For me Glo is the best and fastest network when I step into my house, but at work, its bullshit.... Same goes for etisalat, bullshit at home but best in the office.

1 Like

Re: It’s Data Wars In Nigeria And Airtel Is Winning by Shehucom(m): 8:24am On Jul 08, 2016
vicben27:
*482# then u select frm d options derz 2gb for #200 and 6gb for #500, but it only wrks on 2G.

Tnx... I'll try it out..
Re: It’s Data Wars In Nigeria And Airtel Is Winning by biz9ja(m): 8:26am On Jul 08, 2016
People complaining of Glo network are surely living for Bush.......Up Glo

1 Like

Re: It’s Data Wars In Nigeria And Airtel Is Winning by Nyaknor(m): 8:27am On Jul 08, 2016
AndreSalvatore:
baba, glo ntwrk wack die 4 me side... I gats climb mast b4 2g even show 4 me mobile...
For me here its Glo or no browsing... to hell with Mtn and others....

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

New Etisalat Android Plan / Airtel New Android Plans / MTN-Branded Opera Mini: How To Download

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.