Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,553 members, 7,812,763 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 06:56 PM

Map Of Native Courts Of 1903 Showing Boundary Of Igbo Speaking People - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Map Of Native Courts Of 1903 Showing Boundary Of Igbo Speaking People (67663 Views)

Soldiers Arrest CJTF Members With Guns At Boundary Between Taraba And Benue.PICS / Meet The Isobos, The Igbo Speaking Tribe Of Obubra LGA Of Cross River State / Buhari Viewing The Aeromagnetic Map Of The Nickel Discovery (Pic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Map Of Native Courts Of 1903 Showing Boundary Of Igbo Speaking People by Chukazu: 12:17am On Jul 07, 2016
mandarin:
What do I feel about all these? I feel the pan igbo online agitators or historians are looking for ways of validating Igbo ownership and grips on Porthacourt and its territory. While I cannot for a fact dispute or accept their claims, its pertinent that they know that United Nations article recognizes human right which include the right of tribe that owns Porthacourt to be what and who they want to be.
That a group speaks igbo language doesn't necessarily make them Igbo. For example, people in Southern Kaduna speaks Hausa being close to and has acculturated into Hausa doesn't make them Hausa, so, that basis is completely wrong.

I honestly think the igbo country will be determined by what groups stand to gain if they should be part of it and not by a forcefully coercing people because they dress or speak igbo, that's will be a reflection of lack of cosmopolitan civilization in that part of the country.

What makes a race or ethnic group superior? Without any unreasonable debate I think such people will have with them at least 200 years or more of civilization, empire, human advancements, cosmopolitan culture and linguistics, what do writers of those books had to show for it?

The truth is that in the last 600 years in the areas now called Nigeria, only three major empires lasted into the 20th century; The Kanen Borno, Oyo and Benin Empires.
There are smaller kingdoms though like Tsoede, Jukun. I believe superior people should demonstrate superior organization, governance, commerce, historical relics and linguistic standardization.
In the event of a Nigeria disintegration which I do not hope for really, the Igbo may find it incapable of earning the trust of their neighbors and actually cone up with a much smaller country except they wish to wage decades of protracted wars that may work against it in the long run.

igbo superiority should be showing in today's Nigeria by leading in cutting edge technologies, medical advancements, political sagacity, cosmopolitan developments and in faith or religious evolutions, alas these aren't so, so on what basis is igbo superiority based? Africans are struggling and its a general stuffs, the igbo aren't better and in fact, have political structural challenges and are in most cases find it difficult to evolve a communal based human developmental ideas over individuals desires, now that's an African problem and igbo is not exempted may be even in a deeper quagmire.

I don't know about been superior race gene , but talking about evolution, cutting edge technology, we have excelled in that before and there's nothing new.

we built rockets, we built bombs (famous Ogbunikwe) we built refineries during the Civil War.
if the center government had tried to leverage on those ingenuity without been sentimental by now we would have become a super power both in space research and military hardware.. bur instead they chose to paralyzed and strangle the southeast

Nigeria has a defense company (union DICON)that can't even manufacture a rifle
what the south east needs is our own coveted space to thrive, that can't happen in this current setup

28 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Map Of Native Courts Of 1903 Showing Boundary Of Igbo Speaking People by pipeewa(m): 12:24am On Jul 07, 2016
If Niger deltans refuse Igbo ethnicity so be it. Why not leave them alone? Since when do rich pple look for poor family members to embrace. It's only poor pple dat call rich fellows their family member. Don't know where Ibos are going with all this big brother thing. I am sure they should be able to develop a better country Biafra without the Niger deltans. Fulanis don't want to be called Hausas. The Birom pple in Jos speak Hausa and same time their language but yet they don't claim Hausas. There are so many Yorubas in Benin and edo state and some still don't claim Yoruba. Don't know where we are going with all these and how it all started . Can't we just live together in peace?

3 Likes

Re: Map Of Native Courts Of 1903 Showing Boundary Of Igbo Speaking People by DLioness(f): 2:53am On Jul 07, 2016
mandarin:
What do I feel about all these? I feel the pan igbo online agitators or historians are looking for ways of validating Igbo ownership and grips on Porthacourt and its territory. While I cannot for a fact dispute or accept their claims, its pertinent that they know that United Nations article recognizes human right which include the right of tribe that owns Porthacourt to be what and who they want to be.
That a group speaks igbo language doesn't necessarily make them Igbo. For example, people in Southern Kaduna speaks Hausa being close to and has acculturated into Hausa doesn't make them Hausa, so, that basis is completely wrong.

I honestly think the igbo country will be determined by what groups stand to gain if they should be part of it and not by a forcefully coercing people because they dress or speak igbo, that's will be a reflection of lack of cosmopolitan civilization in that part of the country.

What makes a race or ethnic group superior? Without any unreasonable debate I think such people will have with them at least 200 years or more of civilization, empire, human advancements, cosmopolitan culture and linguistics, what do writers of those books had to show for it?

The truth is that in the last 600 years in the areas now called Nigeria, only three major empires lasted into the 20th century; The Kanen Borno, Oyo and Benin Empires.
There are smaller kingdoms though like Tsoede, Jukun. I believe superior people should demonstrate superior organization, governance, commerce, historical relics and linguistic standardization.
In the event of a Nigeria disintegration which I do not hope for really, the Igbo may find it incapable of earning the trust of their neighbors and actually cone up with a much smaller country except they wish to wage decades of protracted wars that may work against it in the long run.

igbo superiority should be showing in today's Nigeria by leading in cutting edge technologies, medical advancements, political sagacity, cosmopolitan developments and in faith or religious evolutions, alas these aren't so, so on what basis is igbo superiority based? Africans are struggling and its a general stuffs, the igbo aren't better and in fact, have political structural challenges and are in most cases find it difficult to evolve a communal based human developmental ideas over individuals desires, now that's an African problem and igbo is not exempted may be even in a deeper quagmire.
So u dnt knw Father of internet Philip Emeagwali and Bath Nnaji Foundr of Robotics? If u wantd to beef wt point, certainly nt scienc and technology cos u erred.

15 Likes

Re: Map Of Native Courts Of 1903 Showing Boundary Of Igbo Speaking People by DLioness(f): 2:57am On Jul 07, 2016
pipeewa:

If Niger deltans refuse Igbo ethnicity so be it. Why not leave them alone? Since when do rich pple look for poor family members to embrace. It's only poor pple dat call rich fellows their family member. Don't know where Ibos are going with all this big brother thing. I am sure they should be able to develop a better country Biafra without the Niger deltans. Fulanis don't want to be called Hausas. The Birom pple in Jos speak Hausa and same time their language but yet they don't claim Hausas. There are so many Yorubas in Benin and edo state and some still don't claim Yoruba. Don't know where we are going with all these and how it all started . Can't we just live together in peace?
What they ar asking is for history nt to be distortd and nt that ikwere shld cm bk /remain by fire by thundr.

15 Likes

Re: Map Of Native Courts Of 1903 Showing Boundary Of Igbo Speaking People by DLioness(f): 2:58am On Jul 07, 2016
pipeewa:

What they ar asking is for history nt to be distortd and nt that ikwere and odas connected therewith , shld cm bk /remain by fire by thundr.

7 Likes

Re: Map Of Native Courts Of 1903 Showing Boundary Of Igbo Speaking People by pacino26(m): 3:34am On Jul 07, 2016
JimiOgunlola:

hahahaha! you don finish abaGWORO the pro-abookina. grin grin

I just spoke the truth, wonder how he reasons guess am waiting for his own subtle bashing. grin grin

Gworo eater
Re: Map Of Native Courts Of 1903 Showing Boundary Of Igbo Speaking People by Nobody: 3:49am On Jul 07, 2016
i don laff tire for this thread... grin
Re: Map Of Native Courts Of 1903 Showing Boundary Of Igbo Speaking People by pacino26(m): 4:21am On Jul 07, 2016
mandarin:

You've received lots of mentions grin I couldn't resist from doing same cool

Nice points but just like I pointed out to one aba Gworo this your post reeks of ignorance grin grin grin above all you sound very reasonable to pupils of the kindergarten who are still basking on the idea that there's no African inventor. grin grin grin

mbatuku2:

It's obvious you don't get the point of these arguments. It's about the lying which MUST stop. I'm Ngwa and categorized as Igbo, even when we have little Nri influence. But accepting that categorization of being a part of the Igbo nation doesn't mean Aba will be taken away from us(in fact we have lots of the Ohuhus in our land and they know their place and limits). So it's not about Port Harcourt or refusing you a right to self-determination. No Ikwerre group to the best of my knowledge contributes charity to anyone in the SE. So no one needs you per say. But lying about your Igbo identity is just obviously embarrassing as you can see.

My brother let's push this question to our Ikwere brain washed brothers;

Rumuokoro in Ikwerre is Umuokoro without the 'R' means the descendants of Okoro plain simple Igbo Lang. Can they pls give us their native language alphabets?

These guys were gullible enough to reject their ancestry to stay alive during the civil war, now the war is at their doorstep will they denounce been Ikwerre too? Read where one funny militant group is claiming that the NDA is Ijaw. SMH for folks

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Map Of Native Courts Of 1903 Showing Boundary Of Igbo Speaking People by omonla555: 5:34am On Jul 07, 2016
Since Edo and Delta States were in the South West before, that now make them Yoruba? Senseless post on Nairaland.
Re: Map Of Native Courts Of 1903 Showing Boundary Of Igbo Speaking People by attackgat: 5:45am On Jul 07, 2016
pipeewa:

There no people called Niger-Deltans. They certainly didn't exist when this map was drawn. So you have to mention what tribe(s) you are talking about.

13 Likes

Re: Map Of Native Courts Of 1903 Showing Boundary Of Igbo Speaking People by Abagworo(m): 5:59am On Jul 07, 2016
joeprince23:
any village that speaks igbo (no matter the dialect) as their 1st language are igbos,wether in ebonyi rivers delta or imo. However in states like rivers(my own state),people and communities will always want to protect their interest... Can you believe in my lga (oyigbo rivers state) we now have 1. Asa ethnic nationality and 2. Ndoki ethnic nationality. But my dad thought me that ndoki are umu asa(ndoki are children of asa) in the igbo nation. Ogba man from onelga is an ogba ethnic nationality while those from imo(oguta) are simply igbos. We have a big problem in this our so called niger delta

Oyigbo is Igbo without doubt but I still maintain that ethnicity has to do more with people's belief than language they speak or any other factor.
Re: Map Of Native Courts Of 1903 Showing Boundary Of Igbo Speaking People by Abagworo(m): 6:03am On Jul 07, 2016
attackgat:

There no people called Niger-Deltans. They certainly didn't exist when this map was drawn. So you have to mention what tribe(s) you are talking about.

There was equally no people called Igbos until lumping of Igbo speaking people together as a single ethnic group. This includes also the Yoruba. Usually when such thing is done some people opt out because they think their heritage should not be tampered with. We should just make do with "Igbo bu Igbo" and leave "Igbo abughi Igbo" to their fate.
Re: Map Of Native Courts Of 1903 Showing Boundary Of Igbo Speaking People by EasternActivist: 6:22am On Jul 07, 2016
mandarin:

Oga none of this empires made it to the 20th century....

And also the NRI kingdom was the oldest and lasted till 1911 far after the Benin empire and the Oyo empire has already been conquered...

Igbos are truly superior even when you consider the loss they suffered during the civil war and how they are jumping back to recover their rightful place in the world today...

The first indigenous car is Innoson, Philip emegwali drived computer into existence today and a lot of other achievements of Igbos that doesn't need someone to tell you that they are great tribe and people.

So spare us the crap.

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Map Of Native Courts Of 1903 Showing Boundary Of Igbo Speaking People by IkpuMmadu: 6:32am On Jul 07, 2016
Abagworo:

There was equally no people called Igbos until lumping of Igbo speaking people together as a single ethnic group. This includes also the Yoruba. Usually when such thing is done some people opt out because they think their heritage should not be tampered with. We should just make do with "Igbo bu Igbo" and leave "Igbo abughi Igbo" to their fate.

Before the lumping of Igbo ..there were people called Igbo unlike Yoruba that had nothing like Yoruba till Hausa called them Yoruba

There was price called Igbo ...it is historically proved .. we gave towns like Igbo ukwu, igbo eze, obigbo and so many towns that have been there hundreds of years before the white man came and they had igbo prefixes or suffixes

There are people bearing igbo names like
Igbokwe
Igbodindu etc

But you never can say of any Yoruba town that have a yoruba prefix or suffixes
Nor having Yoruba as a surname

There's are things that can't be recent such as surnames

So stop spreading lies

30 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Map Of Native Courts Of 1903 Showing Boundary Of Igbo Speaking People by Nobody: 7:11am On Jul 07, 2016
[quote author=IkpuMmadu post=47283815] unlike Yoruba that had nothing like Yoruba till Hausa called them Yoruba

U better go back to ur history book

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Map Of Native Courts Of 1903 Showing Boundary Of Igbo Speaking People by Nobody: 7:16am On Jul 07, 2016
IkpuMmadu:

Before the lumping of Igbo ..there were people called Igbo unlike Yoruba that had nothing like Yoruba till Hausa called them Yoruba

There was price called Igbo ...it is historically proved .. we gave towns like Igbo ukwu, igbo eze, obigbo and so many towns that have been there hundreds of years before the white man came and they had igbo prefixes or suffixes

There are people bearing igbo names like
Igbokwe
Igbodindu etc

But you never can say of any Yoruba town that have a yoruba prefix or suffixes
Nor having Yoruba as a surname

There's are things that can't be recent such as surnames

So stop spreading lies
Stop saying things you know nothing about. The Hausas aren't the ones that called the Yorubas Yoruba. Provide a link to your bogus claim.

As for Yorubas not having any town named Yoruba or with Yoruba prefix like the igbos have it in igbo ukwu, that is just a funny notion of yours. Do you expect the Yorubas to name their towns according to how the igbos do? We have our own ways which we follow. The names like surulere, ajegunle, ijesha, ikoyi etc are all towns in Lagos named after Yoruba towns in other parts of southwest.

Can you mention one Hausa town that has Hausa as a name or prefix?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Map Of Native Courts Of 1903 Showing Boundary Of Igbo Speaking People by attackgat: 7:19am On Jul 07, 2016
Abagworo:

Don't you actually see the flaw in that argument of yours? A people speak Igbo (or a dialect closely related to Igbo) as their ancestral language and have Igbo surnames. Surely this must tell you these are people who descended from a common ancestry. Our surnames are like DNA handed down by our ancestors. There maybe Ijoid tribes that adopted European names but that is a different matter. So how can someone have the surname Wike ( Nwa-Ike), Wanjoku (Nwanjoku) and Wanny (Nwa-Ani) and there is still any argument about their ancestry? Because they didn't add the 'N'? If Ikwerre like, they can claim to be descendants of the American Red Indians. If Ogba likes, they can claim to be from Soweto. Anyone can make any claim they like and be whatever they want to be but no one should make up stories or lies in the process. Igbo n'abughi Igbo is as stupid as it sounds.

7 Likes

Re: Map Of Native Courts Of 1903 Showing Boundary Of Igbo Speaking People by mandarin: 7:38am On Jul 07, 2016
mbatuku2:

It's obvious you don't get the point of these arguments. It's about the lying which MUST stop. I'm Ngwa and categorized as Igbo, even when we have little Nri influence. But accepting that categorization of being a part of the Igbo nation doesn't mean Aba will be taken away from us(in fact we have lots of the Ohuhus in our land and they know their place and limits). So it's not about Port Harcourt or refusing you a right to self-determination. No Ikwerre group to the best of my knowledge contributes charity to anyone in the SE. So no one needs you per say. But lying about your Igbo identity is just obviously embarrassing as you can see.

its important people think like modern day citizens. Even if you have your point as to who a group of people are, your opinion cannot supersede their own historical perspective. Consider for instance the issue of China and Taiwan, some want in and some want to belong out, the truth is, not jus Ikwere but others in Delta and elsewhere, they can chose where to belong and your continued iron fist propaganda will continue to point at your intended high handedness if there's ever an igbo country.
Re: Map Of Native Courts Of 1903 Showing Boundary Of Igbo Speaking People by mandarin: 7:56am On Jul 07, 2016
Chukazu:

I don't know about been superior race gene , but talking about evolution, cutting edge technology, we have excelled in that before and there's nothing new.

we built rockets, we built bombs (famous Ogbunikwe) we built refineries during the Civil War.
if the center government had tried to leverage on those ingenuity without been sentimental by now we would have become a super power both in space research and military hardware.. bur instead they chose to paralyzed and strangle the southeast

Nigeria has a defense company (union DICON)that can't even manufacture a rifle
what the south east needs is our own coveted space to thrive, that can't happen in this current setup

I don't know what versions of history you read or if you were part of the civil war. Biafra received a whole lots of technological transfers, ammunitions and mercenary from France and a couple of other countries, I don't do rantings and I laugh at people making such points as yours.
ingenuity cannot die out because its innate, how could you have argued that someone tried to kill your brain or products?
Whatever the Igbo does today is after effect of what she learnt through such helps received during d war.Am not saying we are or igbo aren't good or trying, but to say you are ahead in cutting edge technology make me see u as an ignorant (with all due respect). Innoson is a fabricating plant in partnership with Asian company, like many Nigerians doing great things abroad like Philip and many doing well in Nigeria the truth is, Nigeria is still a developing country and the igbo country isn't the most developed part yet, igbo ingenuity must put their abode as the best for all to accept that superiority.

Take for instance, I chose to attend Stanford after graduate degree in Nigeria because I believe studying more there will help me know more about the subject matter, lets say I could do that in a Federal uni in the East, at least I should be able to to that in a state uni since their lecturers should be the best.i hope u get me.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Map Of Native Courts Of 1903 Showing Boundary Of Igbo Speaking People by EteEdoho: 8:04am On Jul 07, 2016
[s]
omonla555:
Since Edo and Delta States were in the South West before, that now make them Yoruba? Senseless post on Nairaland.
[/s]When u don't understand issues under discuss,what u do is shut up and move to joke section. This is 1903 Map,before the 1914 amalgamation that brought about Nigeria. This isn't map of Eastern region which my own people was part of. This isn't Western,Mid-west,or Eastern region discussion.

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Map Of Native Courts Of 1903 Showing Boundary Of Igbo Speaking People by ODVanguard: 8:07am On Jul 07, 2016
bloodyBLOGGER:
Stop saying things you know nothing about. The Hausas aren't the ones that called the Yorubas Yoruba. Provide a link to your bogus claim.

As for Yorubas not having any town named Yoruba or with Yoruba prefix like the igbos have it in igbo ukwu, that is just a funny notion of yours. Do you expect the Yorubas to name their towns according to how the igbos do? We have our own ways which we follow. The names like surulere, ajegunle, ijesha, ikoyi etc are all towns in Lagos named after Yoruba towns in other parts of southwest.

Can you mention one Hausa town that has Hausa as a name or prefix?

Good job schooling that ignoramus. You forgot to add that unlike them, virtually all Yorubas identify ife as their original source.

2 Likes

Re: Map Of Native Courts Of 1903 Showing Boundary Of Igbo Speaking People by OMAR12: 8:16am On Jul 07, 2016
bloodyBLOGGER:
Am sorry o, but the map shows the boundary of igbo speaking people. It doesnt include the Niger delta region as can be seen through the demarcation which encloses the igbo areas. This clearing buttress the fact that South South and the igbos aren't one

Check the map's key.
Mr man, who told you that they are not aware of it, this is to correct the notion that igbos can only be found in the south east alone, as some of u nAirAlanders claim.

2 Likes

Re: Map Of Native Courts Of 1903 Showing Boundary Of Igbo Speaking People by mandarin: 8:18am On Jul 07, 2016
EasternActivist:

Oga none of this empires made it to the 20th century....

And also the NRI kingdom was the oldest and lasted till 1911 far after the Benin empire and the Oyo empire has already been conquered...

Igbos are truly superior even when you consider the loss they suffered during the civil war and how they are jumping back to recover their rightful place in the world today...

The first indigenous car is Innoson, Philip emegwali drived computer into existence today and a lot of other achievements of Igbos that doesn't need someone to tell you that they are great tribe and people.

So spare us the crap.

You need to learn about historical landmarks sir. The last of all the empires were those mentioned of which u can still see their landmarks. Ife, Ugbo, Nok, Zazzau were all ancients kingdoms but alot are subject to assumptions and historical constructs.
Superiority infers others must have something to learn from you and individual achievements cannot be taken as the standard for nation building if such haven't translated to a communal advantage.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Map Of Native Courts Of 1903 Showing Boundary Of Igbo Speaking People by OMAR12: 8:31am On Jul 07, 2016
HopeAtHand:

This map u uploaded doesn't mean much. Many a time, the colonials do not carry out holistic research, they just grouped ethnicities based on seemingly similar linguistics, which itself is based purely on assumptions. In critical analysis, one wil find out that the primary reason the british grouped Ikwerre together with Igbo was because it is easier to administer both as a whole and not necessarily because they felt Ikwerre was Igbo.

Thank you for the mention.
the map said Igbo Speaking or didn't it. a region is linguistically recognized by the Amount of people speaking a particular language, that according to the English. just as the majors were Hausa Fulani of the north, their case was simple because they had one central head which is the emir, same for the Yoruba. but in the case of the igbos though they were not binded by a central head but by linguistic and similar traditions.

5 Likes

Re: Map Of Native Courts Of 1903 Showing Boundary Of Igbo Speaking People by Nobody: 8:34am On Jul 07, 2016
mandarin:

its important people think like modern day citizens. Even if you have your point as to who a group of people are, your opinion cannot supersede their own historical perspective. Consider for instance the issue of China and Taiwan, some want in and some want to belong out, the truth is, not jus Ikwere but others in Delta and elsewhere, they can chose where to belong and your continued iron fist propaganda will continue to point at your intended high handedness if there's ever an igbo country.

Oh. You are even yoruba. I was thinking you were Ikwerre. Park well abeg

10 Likes

Re: Map Of Native Courts Of 1903 Showing Boundary Of Igbo Speaking People by Noneroone(m): 8:35am On Jul 07, 2016
EteEdoho:
HopeAthand,please am really waiting.
you are waiting for an Edo guy to answer question about Igbo history?
U're an a long thing.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Map Of Native Courts Of 1903 Showing Boundary Of Igbo Speaking People by EteEdoho: 8:39am On Jul 07, 2016
[s]
mandarin:

[/s] I av' gone through the post of Igbo people,the are saying thing,Ikwerre can be anything they want,but history must not be altered. But as a yoloba man you are,you guys always av' the prepondrance of forming s!,lly or plainly s!,lly when issues doesn't go your way,if not why trying to make it look as if they are forcing Ikwerres to be Igbo,when his says they are?

14 Likes

Re: Map Of Native Courts Of 1903 Showing Boundary Of Igbo Speaking People by vpaymoney(m): 8:41am On Jul 07, 2016
Abagworo:

You are right about Igbo speaking but it doesn't mean one ethnic group. We(Nigerians) are English speaking but not English people. Hope you understand.
U R RYT
Re: Map Of Native Courts Of 1903 Showing Boundary Of Igbo Speaking People by Noneroone(m): 9:00am On Jul 07, 2016
ODVanguard:

Good job schooling that ignoramus. You forgot to add that unlike them, virtually all Yorubas identify ife as their original source.
is not true my friend ijebus dont. Yorubas were in disagreement more than igbos. By the way, it was hausas they gave them the name yoruba. This is undisputable. The name applied to only those within oyo area until yorubas themselves found it expedient to answer the name as a means of having common identity and having a place in the colonial Nigeria. They didnt even have a single name for their chiefs as we already know.

5 Likes

Re: Map Of Native Courts Of 1903 Showing Boundary Of Igbo Speaking People by Noneroone(m): 9:02am On Jul 07, 2016
OMAR12:
the map said Igbo Speaking or didn't it. a region is linguistically recognized by the Amount of people speaking a particular language, that according to the English. just as the majors were Hausa Fulani of the north, their case was simple because they had one central head which is the emir, same for the Yoruba. but in the case of the igbos though they were not binded by a central head but by linguistic and similar traditions.
yorubas had no one central head
Re: Map Of Native Courts Of 1903 Showing Boundary Of Igbo Speaking People by Nobody: 9:05am On Jul 07, 2016
Noneroone:
is not true my friend ijebus dont. Yorubas were in disagreement more than igbos. By the way, it was hausas they gave them the name yoruba. This is undisputable. The name applied to only those within oyo area until yorubas themselves found it expedient to answer the name as a means of having common identity and having a place in the colonial Nigeria. They didnt even have a single name for their chiefs as we already know.
Can you provide a link to the rubbish you put up there? Till then, keep shut on issues you know nothing about.

2 Likes

Re: Map Of Native Courts Of 1903 Showing Boundary Of Igbo Speaking People by OMAR12: 9:08am On Jul 07, 2016
Noneroone:
yorubas had no one central head
who is ur highest ranking king in Yorubaland. it maybe not be one central head but some part have one king that preside over a large expanse of land and subject.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Emmanuel Ibe-Kachikwu: 12 Things You Didn't Know About New NNPC GMD-Theyesng.com / See The Most Tactful Question So Far In The Current Ministerial Screening! / President Buhari Playing With His Grandchild (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 119
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.