Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,587 members, 7,812,913 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 10:16 PM

Map Of Native Courts Of 1903 Showing Boundary Of Igbo Speaking People - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Map Of Native Courts Of 1903 Showing Boundary Of Igbo Speaking People (67677 Views)

Soldiers Arrest CJTF Members With Guns At Boundary Between Taraba And Benue.PICS / Meet The Isobos, The Igbo Speaking Tribe Of Obubra LGA Of Cross River State / Buhari Viewing The Aeromagnetic Map Of The Nickel Discovery (Pic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Map Of Native Courts Of 1903 Showing Boundary Of Igbo Speaking People by luggy(m): 5:41pm On Jul 07, 2016
obaino860:

is IMO state s/s
south east
Re: Map Of Native Courts Of 1903 Showing Boundary Of Igbo Speaking People by Timizee(m): 5:42pm On Jul 07, 2016
Nice one
Re: Map Of Native Courts Of 1903 Showing Boundary Of Igbo Speaking People by cstr11: 5:45pm On Jul 07, 2016
Onegai:

What stops your Governors from developing their states? At some point Lagos state was pushed away from Federal Funding and they survived. No-one has ever denied your state governments funding, why are your Governors not making you guys great?

Nothing in this world stops your state government from developing your markets and industries. No-one will legislate against it. But the collective greed of all civil servants coupled with the self-serving behaviour has Igbos fooled into thinking they have an issue with the centre.

Start demanding good schools and tax incentives from your state governments. Let every state raise funds and determine how they will spend it. All this ches0t-beating you guys are fighting here, your governor will attend the wedding of some Northern Oligarch, cut a deal with them, enrich himself at your expense, then come out to help you about that he is marginalized.
You are just like a lot of Nigerians . Talk alot with barely any substance or intellectual depth. Just the usual surface nonsense.
Lagos state is probably the only along one along with a couple of oil states in the SS and anambra that can survive a federal government economic boycott. That is not becuse the rest of the states can not be productive, it just the feeding bottle system practiced in Nigeria. Lagos is blessed with multiple revenues streams created by the federal govt for decades . There is no state in the SW that is as advantaged. It is not a function of any special governing ability of lagos governors, it is just a product of long years of skewed federal government allocation of resources.
The SE states were clamouring for federalism and resource control atleast to ensure more money flows in through its oil producing states like imo and abia for development, but it has been repeatedly shot down by the so-called owners of Nigeria.
I have always been in the vanguard for soliciting for better and more efficient governance in the SE. But the resources to govern and develop are not enough. There is only so much any governor can do.
Kano state alone gets more from the federal govt than the entire south east. And you are telling me the problem is just the governors.

6 Likes

Re: Map Of Native Courts Of 1903 Showing Boundary Of Igbo Speaking People by Nobody: 5:48pm On Jul 07, 2016
OBAGADAFFI:

Welcome.
Just wondering why Okrika is outside the Igbo speaking area.
Opobo and Bonny were also not included in the map.
Re: Map Of Native Courts Of 1903 Showing Boundary Of Igbo Speaking People by chrysso83(m): 6:00pm On Jul 07, 2016
joeprince23:
any village that speaks igbo (no matter the dialect) as their 1st language are igbos,wether in ebonyi rivers delta or imo. However in states like rivers(my own state),people and communities will always want to protect their interest... Can you believe in my lga (oyigbo rivers state) we now have 1. Asa ethnic nationality and 2. Ndoki ethnic nationality. But my dad thought me that ndoki are umu asa(ndoki are children of asa) in the igbo nation. Ogba man from onelga is an ogba ethnic nationality while those from imo(oguta) are simply igbos. We have a big problem in this our so called niger delta
You are so on point my brother. An Ndoki man from Rivers state is not an Igbo man where as same Ndoki man from Abia seperated only by state demarcation is an Igbo man.

4 Likes

Re: Map Of Native Courts Of 1903 Showing Boundary Of Igbo Speaking People by OmoIgala: 6:11pm On Jul 07, 2016
This is the Actual Ethnic Map / Tribes of Nigeria as Identified by Ethnologue

Ibo Igbo / Yoruba / Hausa / Fula Fulani / Gbagyi Gbari Gwari / Nupe (And Dibo) / Ebira / Igala / Tiv / Kanuri / Idoma / Itsekiri / Ijaw / Urhobo / Efik Etc

The problem with our people is that History and Nigerian focused geography is not taught in schools leaving rooms for confusion to thrive everywhere.

1 Like

Re: Map Of Native Courts Of 1903 Showing Boundary Of Igbo Speaking People by Nobody: 6:12pm On Jul 07, 2016
PRXPERT:
The truth remains sacrosanct! But I tell you, ikwerre are not igbo, they have counted emselves out! Please let allow them to be who they want to be!!! I don't want them into igbo family... they said they are iwurohoiha descendants of Akalaka a bini warrior! They migrated to the ikwere land today, and even outnumber the bini people themselves!! Please let them be!!! When the chips are down! They will know what they have done to themselves! They hate igbos sooo much!! They are not igbo and can never be!!
. To them, alienating the igbos is a lifeline in one Nigeria and that is why even with Rotimi Amaoshi, Buhari has given them 50% of his appointments including NNPC GMD
LMAO Niger Delta.
Re: Map Of Native Courts Of 1903 Showing Boundary Of Igbo Speaking People by Mekzyzeus(m): 6:27pm On Jul 07, 2016
Suntzung:
Ipob land grabers, SS's be careful those Ugandans Would soon claim ancestral ownership of you land and all the oyel we de there!

Just negodu your reasoning.. disgracing us upandan!! shocked angry sad
Re: Map Of Native Courts Of 1903 Showing Boundary Of Igbo Speaking People by BermudaTriangle(m): 6:36pm On Jul 07, 2016
Land-grabbers at it again, re-writing geographical history.
The other day, the shameless people asked Buhari to give them the ministerial slot for FTC so as to grab all the land for their dem dem.
Gosh !
Re: Map Of Native Courts Of 1903 Showing Boundary Of Igbo Speaking People by millionaireman: 6:36pm On Jul 07, 2016
Abagworo:

You are right about Igbo speaking but it doesn't mean one ethnic group. We(Nigerians) are English speaking but not English people. Hope you understand.

Abagworo, you are the mouthpiece of Gov. Okorocha who is convinced that rest of Nigeria outside Igbo will make him president of Nigeria. You are a northern Nigerian.

Okorocha who believes that as he uses 98% of Imo state 'revenues to build his phantom projects in Owerri only shall make Nigerians see him as a performing governor. But without understanding that he is damaging his political career from that.
Re: Map Of Native Courts Of 1903 Showing Boundary Of Igbo Speaking People by saintandsinnerz: 6:36pm On Jul 07, 2016
bloodyBLOGGER:
Am sorry o, but the map shows the boundary of igbo speaking people. It doesnt include the Niger delta region as can be seen through the demarcation which encloses the igbo areas. This clearing buttress the fact that South South and the igbos aren't one

Check the map's key.
Why are you always seen in any thread that talks about Igbos?

3 Likes

Re: Map Of Native Courts Of 1903 Showing Boundary Of Igbo Speaking People by hemmaoshos(m): 6:42pm On Jul 07, 2016
Even the boundary line cut off south east, South west and south south. Check the tick dark line...Just don't get if Crossrivers, Deltas, Rivers are not among igbo speaking tribes..
Re: Map Of Native Courts Of 1903 Showing Boundary Of Igbo Speaking People by EZEBEL: 6:48pm On Jul 07, 2016
bloodyBLOGGER:
Am sorry o, but the map shows the boundary of igbo speaking people. It doesnt include the Niger delta region as can be seen through the demarcation which encloses the igbo areas. This clearing buttress the fact that South South and the igbos aren't one

Check the map's key.

So are you now satisfied, oya clap for yourself. I site a fear fear Yoruba ...... always afraid to stand alone and do something for themselves since 1914.
Re: Map Of Native Courts Of 1903 Showing Boundary Of Igbo Speaking People by sukkot: 6:55pm On Jul 07, 2016
Thewrath:

You wish!!
Cavemen from the west who can't even differentiate Igbo dialects is real life are here online defining who is Igbo and who isn't!
Stop eating watery ewedu .
grin
Re: Map Of Native Courts Of 1903 Showing Boundary Of Igbo Speaking People by attackgat: 6:58pm On Jul 07, 2016
balosunky:
stop saying trash Balogun is a yoruba name meaning chief of defense yet u hear ppl from edo,delta even some fulanis bears the name does that mean they are yoruba

But there are Yoruba communities in Edo and even Delta, so what is the surprise there are people with the name Balogun? Even Emmanuel Adebayor is from Togo but he will tell you that his parents are Yoruba, he will never deny his Yoruba ancestry because he is in Togo.
Re: Map Of Native Courts Of 1903 Showing Boundary Of Igbo Speaking People by emmysoftyou: 7:04pm On Jul 07, 2016
HopeAtHand:

This map u uploaded doesn't mean much. Many a time, the colonials do not carry out holistic research, they just grouped ethnicities based on seemingly similar linguistics, which itself is based purely on assumptions. In critical analysis, one wil find out that the primary reason the british grouped Ikwerre together with Igbo was because it is easier to administer both as a whole and not necessarily because they felt Ikwerre was Igbo.

Thank you for the mention.
what you type there is rubbish, count yourself lucky I don't frequent on nairaland like before, I for get ur time. hahahaha.
disappointed abi? what is written is written. grin

2 Likes

Re: Map Of Native Courts Of 1903 Showing Boundary Of Igbo Speaking People by princejayboss: 7:19pm On Jul 07, 2016
joeprince23:
any village that speaks igbo (no matter the dialect) as their 1st language are igbos,wether in ebonyi rivers delta or imo. However in states like rivers(my own state),people and communities will always want to protect their interest... Can you believe in my lga (oyigbo rivers state) we now have 1. Asa ethnic nationality and 2. Ndoki ethnic nationality. But my dad thought me that ndoki are umu asa(ndoki are children of asa) in the igbo nation. Ogba man from onelga is an ogba ethnic nationality while those from imo(oguta) are simply igbos. We have a big problem in this our so called niger delta

I met a doctor in Mexico, Dr Anuka ... He is from agbo delta state, i called him a Niger Deltan he got mad at me, he told me that before being a niger deltan (that is if there is anything like that) that he is igbo .... This is a man in his late 70s or early 80s , he told me that his father was among the political elite of the colonia era... He told me that Niger delta was a political scam pleased on eastern nigeria post civil war just disorganize them

2 Likes

Re: Map Of Native Courts Of 1903 Showing Boundary Of Igbo Speaking People by princejayboss: 7:20pm On Jul 07, 2016
joeprince23:

I met a doctor in Mexico, Dr Anuka ... He is from agbo delta state, i called him a Niger Deltan he got mad at me, he told me that before being a niger deltan (that is if there is anything like that) that he is igbo .... This is a man in his late 70s or early 80s , he told me that his father was among the political elite of the colonia era... He told me that Niger delta was a political scam pleased on eastern nigeria post civil war just disorganize them.

The said plan worked out, fact is that most youths were totally misinformed about nigerian history till date
Re: Map Of Native Courts Of 1903 Showing Boundary Of Igbo Speaking People by princejayboss: 7:25pm On Jul 07, 2016
chrysso83:

You are so on point my brother. An Ndoki man from Rivers state is not an Igbo man where as same Ndoki man from Abia seperated only by state demarcation is an Igbo man.

Wow
Re: Map Of Native Courts Of 1903 Showing Boundary Of Igbo Speaking People by daveyjay(m): 7:28pm On Jul 07, 2016
joeprince23:
woow! Even my community in rivers state is part of the igbo speaking area on this map, believe me this is the real map of igboland. I will always be proud of my IGBO identity,i have same name,food,custom,tradition and music with ukwa people of abia state,they are ndoki i am ndoki,they are igbo, so i am also igbo because i know say Na politics we dey play here for rivers oh(aftermath of the civil war). Nobody, whether yoruba hausa or even ijo can tell me who i am,i am no longer scared of the repercussions since my birth cert & and lga identification will always show "town=umusia,lga=oyigbo,state=rivers state" i am a RIVERS man and i am IGBO!

So we are brothers??! I'm from ndoki brother! Ukwa-east LGA

1 Like

Re: Map Of Native Courts Of 1903 Showing Boundary Of Igbo Speaking People by chukzyblingz(m): 7:46pm On Jul 07, 2016
princejayboss:

I met a doctor in Mexico, Dr Anuka ... He is from agbo delta state, i called him a Niger Deltan he got mad at me, he told me that before being a niger deltan (that is if there is anything like that) that he is igbo .... This is a man in his late 70s or early 80s , he told me that his father was among the political elite of the colonia era... He told me that Niger delta was a political scam pleased on eastern nigeria post civil war just disorganize them.

The said plan worked out, fact is that most youths were totally misinformed about nigerian history till date
Igbos can lie. propaganda is your second name
Re: Map Of Native Courts Of 1903 Showing Boundary Of Igbo Speaking People by Ikechukwu48: 8:11pm On Jul 07, 2016
chukzyblingz:
Igbos can lie. propaganda is your second name

And you know his lying because you know the doctor or you disgusting beings just love being igbo matter.

This entire thread does not concern yolobs but love behold, you people outnumber the people the thread is actually about. Once never seen a more disgusting lots like you people

3 Likes

Re: Map Of Native Courts Of 1903 Showing Boundary Of Igbo Speaking People by Ikechukwu48: 8:14pm On Jul 07, 2016
chrysso83:

Right. Likewise Anioma in Anambra like Onitsha is consider Igbo but an Anioma in Delta state is considered non igbo. It's extremely pathetic. Till date, I'm just grateful my parents enlisted the Igbo pride in me and noone, not even a SEer, can take it away.

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Map Of Native Courts Of 1903 Showing Boundary Of Igbo Speaking People by Ikechukwu48: 8:19pm On Jul 07, 2016
balosunky:
wetin concern yoruba again now.stop being immature can't the niger delta decide themself which one be yoruba own

The entire freaking thread is filled with yorubas. Infact, excluding Eteedoho I've yet to see any ND comment. I'm Anioma and I've even yet to see us comment talkless ikwerre but low behold una wey the thread no concern full this thread. I swear you people are ridiculously pathetic!!!

7 Likes

Re: Map Of Native Courts Of 1903 Showing Boundary Of Igbo Speaking People by chimichael05: 8:22pm On Jul 07, 2016
it saddens my heart when i see southerners arguing like babies, proving baseless points to back there agruement, to be candid with you guys with no insult when are we going to stop this baseless unending agruments created by british government in favor of hausa fulani oligarchy. If by tomorrow another write up of this type come up on this plat form the agrument we still be the same, everyday we allow an agent of this nature rule our mind set and they conclude by saying our concursion is still working in them that is divide them and rule them. I will always tell my anioma and ika brothers don't allow strangers to write or rewrite your history cus it's an abormintion for stranger to tell you where you belong or where your ancestors come from and to my brothers in rivers am yet to see any igbo speaking rivers who doesn't have a relation in the south east as for me i have seven of them in river state just to tell u we can't do without each other. For the ibibos and cross riverian there ways and culture tell where they are from, my neighbor from cross river state was once angry with me cus i didn't tell her about my brother wedding and she told me something that broke my heart she said we are all easterners, u people are more of a brother to me than any tribe in this street. Let wake up from our sleep for we have sleep for so long and now we are now snoring like idiots agruging for supremacy that we not take us no where, we being stagnant for so long due our stupity. Let come togther and make reglion great

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Map Of Native Courts Of 1903 Showing Boundary Of Igbo Speaking People by viewflux(m): 8:28pm On Jul 07, 2016
My brother let's push this question to our Ikwere brain washed brothers;

Rumuokoro in Ikwerre is Umuokoro without the 'R' means the descendants of Okoro plain simple Igbo Lang. Can they pls give us their native language alphabets?

That the Kalabari people can understand Okirika language and have similar native language alphabet does no mean that Okirika is Kalabari (vice versa), that Spanish and Italian has similar native language alphabet and can almost understand themselves does not also mean Spanish is Italian, that an Omoku person in Ogba ethnic nationality(Igburu and Egi) can understand ibo(changed to IGBO in recent times) and have some ibo linguistics in his native language while his BROTHER (THE EGI PEAOPLE DOES NOT HAVE IBO LINGUISTIC IN THEIR LANGUAGE) does not mean that Omoku is Ibo. however, the reason for this similarity is because of centuries of trade relation that has lasted for over 300 years.. between these ethnic groups.

Note that on like now where you go to Aba or Onitcha and come back the same day or 3 days time, centuries ago traders stay for close to 3 months before coming back because the trade route is by water.

Moreover, your question of Umuokoro and Rumuokoro was as a result of control of Rivers State from Enugu(then capital of eastern region), the government of the day approves the naming of streets and roads all over the region. however, the Ikwerre's identify family line by HOUSE(RUMU) while the Ibo's identify by CHILDREN(UMU), the Irobo's identify by AREA(OTOR), it was as a result of this that the government of Rivers State changed the names to reflect the language of the Ikwerre's instead of the Ibo's.

Ikwerre Road was name Owerri Road during the Eastern administration. the present day ABU na ABALI(meaning 'Killing at night' in Ibo) at Garrism in Port Harcourt is not and Ikwerre acronym but and Ibo acronym, the origina name in Ikwerre is Obu nu Bali(meaning Obu and Bali=the 2 brothers that found that Ikwerre settlement).
Re: Map Of Native Courts Of 1903 Showing Boundary Of Igbo Speaking People by criuze(m): 9:05pm On Jul 07, 2016
joeprince23:
woow! Even my community in rivers state is part of the igbo speaking area on this map, believe me this is the real map of igboland. I will always be proud of my IGBO identity,i have same name,food,custom,tradition and music with ukwa people of abia state,they are ndoki i am ndoki,they are igbo, so i am also igbo because i know say Na politics we dey play here for rivers oh(aftermath of the civil war). Nobody, whether yoruba hausa or even ijo can tell me who i am,i am no longer scared of the repercussions since my birth cert & and lga identification will always show "town=umusia,lga=oyigbo,state=rivers state" i am a RIVERS man and i am IGBO!

My brother welcome to the truth.

My friend george is from the same area, he finds nothing different from his kins upland

3 Likes

Re: Map Of Native Courts Of 1903 Showing Boundary Of Igbo Speaking People by criuze(m): 9:19pm On Jul 07, 2016
One love my people.
The truth is long overdue.
They couldn't hide it forever
They've made us hate our selves just because we are blessed.
Jehovah Daalu.
The time has come to liberate the people that are called by your name
Re: Map Of Native Courts Of 1903 Showing Boundary Of Igbo Speaking People by Zuula(m): 9:28pm On Jul 07, 2016
mandarin:
What do I feel about all these? I feel the pan igbo online agitators or historians are looking for ways of validating Igbo ownership and grips on Porthacourt and its territory. While I cannot for a fact dispute or accept their claims, its pertinent that they know that United Nations article recognizes human right which include the right of tribe that owns Porthacourt to be what and who they want to be.
That a group speaks igbo language doesn't necessarily make them Igbo. For example, people in Southern Kaduna speaks Hausa being close to and has acculturated into Hausa doesn't make them Hausa, so, that basis is completely wrong.

I honestly think the igbo country will be determined by what groups stand to gain if they should be part of it and not by a forcefully coercing people because they dress or speak igbo, that's will be a reflection of lack of cosmopolitan civilization in that part of the country.

What makes a race or ethnic group superior? Without any unreasonable debate I think such people will have with them at least 200 years or more of civilization, empire, human advancements, cosmopolitan culture and linguistics, what do writers of those books had to show for it?

The truth is that in the last 600 years in the areas now called Nigeria, only three major empires lasted into the 20th century; The Kanen Borno, Oyo and Benin Empires.
There are smaller kingdoms though like Tsoede, Jukun. I believe superior people should demonstrate superior organization, governance, commerce, historical relics and linguistic standardization.
In the event of a Nigeria disintegration which I do not hope for really, the Igbo may find it incapable of earning the trust of their neighbors and actually cone up with a much smaller country except they wish to wage decades of protracted wars that may work against it in the long run.

igbo superiority should be showing in today's Nigeria by leading in cutting edge technologies, medical advancements, political sagacity, cosmopolitan developments and in faith or religious evolutions, alas these aren't so, so on what basis is igbo superiority based? Africans are struggling and its a general stuffs, the igbo aren't better and in fact, have political structural challenges and are in most cases find it difficult to evolve a communal based human developmental ideas over individuals desires, now that's an African problem and igbo is not exempted may be even in a deeper quagmire.
Biafran agitators crafted dat map in 1903 just to claim Portharcourt?? Did u read thru ur write up before posting ??

1 Like

Re: Map Of Native Courts Of 1903 Showing Boundary Of Igbo Speaking People by Zuula(m): 9:49pm On Jul 07, 2016
Kirigidi:
Mr man, there is nothing like "southern south" in geography; dat is a wrong coinage!
what of South south?
Re: Map Of Native Courts Of 1903 Showing Boundary Of Igbo Speaking People by zuchyblink(m): 9:52pm On Jul 07, 2016
Re: Map Of Native Courts Of 1903 Showing Boundary Of Igbo Speaking People by DonXavi(m): 10:13pm On Jul 07, 2016
G

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

President Buhari Playing With His Grandchild (Photos) / Ebere Ihedioha Consoles Husband, Emeka Over Supreme Court Loss / Aluko's $80million Yatch Was Rented By Jay Z And Beyonce For $lm (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.