Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,774 members, 7,810,004 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:37 PM

HND Holder Vs Third Class Degree Bsc Holder: Which Is Better? - EDUREGARD - Career (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / HND Holder Vs Third Class Degree Bsc Holder: Which Is Better? - EDUREGARD (49935 Views)

Can You Hold A First Class Degree And Be Jobless? / See How This Hausa Lady Who Is A 2nd Class Bsc Holder Makes Her Money In Abuja(p / Did You Graduate With A Pass Or Third Class? Here's A Word Of Advice For You. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: HND Holder Vs Third Class Degree Bsc Holder: Which Is Better? - EDUREGARD by Coldfeets: 10:40am On Jul 08, 2016
Certificate mentality people everywhere! embarassed

For your information people, I stand to be corrected but I think the owner of this forum has none of those certificates and yet the nigga is richer than most of your lecturers.

Think skills, people

What can you do?

What can you do with what you have learnt?

That's what I think should matter now and not whether 3rd class is better than HND

1 Like 1 Share

Re: HND Holder Vs Third Class Degree Bsc Holder: Which Is Better? - EDUREGARD by hotwax: 10:40am On Jul 08, 2016
assu2013:
I thought HND has grant or now HND is HND

[size=15pt]I have HND. BSC and Masters holders are reporting to me.

LOL at Nigeria Academic system. We attach importance to certificate. You see 1st class with nothing to contribute to the economy. I have interviewed and recruited many graduates. I will tell you, HND is better in most cases. I work in a tech firm sha[/size]
Re: HND Holder Vs Third Class Degree Bsc Holder: Which Is Better? - EDUREGARD by Vicfus(m): 10:42am On Jul 08, 2016
olatunji390:
Eyah, Чōϋ' have a myopic mindset, I'm an HND holder working with a private coy and I'm very sure I can pay your salary and still pay my tithe...

How did u do that?
Re: HND Holder Vs Third Class Degree Bsc Holder: Which Is Better? - EDUREGARD by Gaddafithe2nd(m): 10:44am On Jul 08, 2016
Kelechi2020:

I hope you got the message...English Professor
Lol.. I love that response. What matter most is, decoding the message. English language that is subjected to change any day, anytime.
Re: HND Holder Vs Third Class Degree Bsc Holder: Which Is Better? - EDUREGARD by colli247(m): 10:45am On Jul 08, 2016
tosyne2much:
I don't think there's a general rule that a university student will definitely be better than a polytechnic graduate. I think it has to do with individual differences and perhaps
, how you're able to develop and equip yourself

Though, I can't speak for others but I can at least speak for myself.. I have HND in view and to the glory of God, I can confidently compete with any university student (area of specialization apart) without being sidelined. I have had the opportunity to do certain things with many university students and my influence is greatly being felt that it keeps them misconception they have for polytechnic students.

Both university and polytechnic students can both be half-baked, they can both be dumb heads, they can both be unproductive and unemployable in the labour market, they can both goof when put to test, they can both be grammatically deficient. In fact, an SSCE holder may even perform better than both of them

So, in a nutshell, a university graduate can be better than polytechnic graduate and vice versa

The fact that others were not privileged to attend a university is not enough reason to unjustly rule out discriminating conclusion just because you want to look superior in their presence. Only broke and jobless people bother themselves with such an uncalled juxtaposition in order to bring other people down just to feel superior.

My 2cent cool
GOD BLESS U BRO DON,T MIND ALL THESE FOOLS THAT DEPEND ON CERTIFICATE WE NAIJA LIKE CERT ALOT MORE THAN EXPERIENCE.
Re: HND Holder Vs Third Class Degree Bsc Holder: Which Is Better? - EDUREGARD by Nobody: 10:47am On Jul 08, 2016
I weep inside me when I see this kind of posts from young people who are supposed to be the seat of wisdom. For God's sake, HND, BSc, BA, MSc, MA, PhD, or whatever you call them are just but mere pieces of paper! Why on earth should we be discussing matters that are of little or no relevance to the status of our bank accounts? For the records, my first employer immediately after my NYSC was a woman with just a school certificate... and without mincing words, she's a multi-millionaire! At this point in our lives, we should be engaging in topics like "investment opportunities in the midst of economic woes", "increasing productivity in New and existing businesses" and the likes. We had better grown out of the poverty laden teaching in our schools and by our poor parents. The idea that you should go to school, get good grades and get a good job is nothing but a journey to financial slavery. Take it or leave it. No matter what school you attend, where you attended it or the grades you made, you will end up as another miserable pensioner if you don't look beyond the fancy if your so called certificate. Money bags who dropped out of school understood this fact a long time ago. Wake up and rise up. The promise in your certificate is just but an illusion. With money in your pocket... you know the rest.

Check my SIGNATURE.
Re: HND Holder Vs Third Class Degree Bsc Holder: Which Is Better? - EDUREGARD by IstandWitBuhari: 10:53am On Jul 08, 2016
Godson32:
Royco cube & maggo cube,which one is better. HND get grade o,u can't even compare a distinction HND holder with a 2nd class lower bsc holder.
Check most international scholarships what you see there is 1st ,2. 1 or 2. 2 , you will never see 3rd class or Hnd so stop disgracing your self in public by saying hnd distinction is better than a 2. 2 University graduate. A cgp of 3.4 9 is still a 2. 2 graduate.
Re: HND Holder Vs Third Class Degree Bsc Holder: Which Is Better? - EDUREGARD by vickylala239: 10:56am On Jul 08, 2016
I think Bsc is usually considered 1st before talking abt HND... that is for government establishment, be it federal, state or local government...

To be Frank with you guys,most Ppl don't even knw Wat HND is....

Mst tym Wat I hear is are you a graduate, which is usually referred to university graduate...

I think Bsc is usually preferable, that does no mean HND holders are not good or even better..but the certificate as a whole is regarded inferior to bsc...

Imagine hnd holder certificate turning into bsc over night,the HND holder will be so happy..

Imagine Bsc holder certificate turning into hnd, Na to go hang yourself be that

This is my view

2 Likes

Re: HND Holder Vs Third Class Degree Bsc Holder: Which Is Better? - EDUREGARD by hotwax: 10:58am On Jul 08, 2016
Fit2Rule:
I weep inside me when I see this kind of posts from young people who are supposed to be the seat of wisdom. For God's sake, HND, BSc, BA, MSc, MA, PhD, or whatever you call them are just but mere pieces of paper! Why on earth should we be discussing matters that are of little or no relevance to the status of our bank accounts? For the records, my first employer immediately after my NYSC was a woman with just a school certificate... and without mincing words, she's a multi-millionaire! At this point in our lives, we should be engaging in topics like "investment opportunities in the midst of economic woes", "increasing productivity in New and existing businesses" and the likes. We had better grown out of the poverty laden teaching in our schools and by our poor parents. The idea that you should go to school, get good grades and get a good job is nothing but a journey to financial slavery. Take it or leave it. No matter what school you attend, where you attended it or the grades you made, you will end up as another miserable pensioner if you don't look beyond the fancy if your so called certificate. Money bags who dropped out of school understood this fact a long time ago. Wake up and rise up. The promise in your certificate is just but an illusion. With money in your pocket... you know the rest.

Check my SIGNATURE.

Sensible.

We are country of laid back kids.

The cycle is:

[size=14pt]Graduate from school => start looking for office Job => get more masters and certifications => lose that Job because employers could no longer pay for high certificates => blame the government for Joblessness[/size]

We are born slaves
Re: HND Holder Vs Third Class Degree Bsc Holder: Which Is Better? - EDUREGARD by HomoSapiien: 10:59am On Jul 08, 2016
Gaddafithe2nd:

That is the most annoying thing. Even applying for scholarship as an HND holder is difficult.
Govt should find away to bridge the gap between Bsc and HND. What am I even saying, our education system is not even okay.

I think they are making an attempt towards bridging that gap. If you look at this year Jamb cut off, I believe that attempt is towards this dichotomy. But then, the discrimination has already been embedded in us. B.sc holder feel superior to hnd holders and the latter feel inferior to the former.
Re: HND Holder Vs Third Class Degree Bsc Holder: Which Is Better? - EDUREGARD by Babysho(m): 11:01am On Jul 08, 2016
tosyne2much:
I don't think there's a general rule that a university student will definitely be better than a polytechnic graduate. I think it has to do with individual differences and perhaps
, how you're able to develop and equip yourself

Though, I can't speak for others but I can at least speak for myself.. I have HND in view and to the glory of God, I can confidently compete with any university student (area of specialization apart) without being sidelined. I have had the opportunity to do certain things with many university students and my influence is greatly being felt that it keeps them misconception they have for polytechnic students.

Both university and polytechnic students can both be half-baked, they can both be dumb heads, they can both be unproductive and unemployable in the labour market, they can both goof when put to test, they can both be grammatically deficient. In fact, an SSCE holder may even perform better than both of them

So, in a nutshell, a university graduate can be better than polytechnic graduate and vice versa

The fact that others were not privileged to attend a university is not enough reason to unjustly rule out discriminating conclusion just because you want to look superior in their presence. Only broke and jobless people bother themselves with such an uncalled juxtaposition in order to bring other people down just to feel superior.

My 2cent cool

Some University undergraduates see themselves as superiors to Polytechnic students just because they found themselves studying one unimportant course in campus.

Most times when I speak and write at the Polytechnic where I school, most people wonder what I'm doing at the Polytechnic and I'm like "Is the polytechnic not also an educational institution?".

Like you said both institutions can vomit poor students but they shouldn't generalise all Polytechnic students as poor. Some are actually very smart, but different obstacles have rearranged their educational plan.

One fool up there said a BSC holder,3rd class is almost as good as HND with Distinction. That's the kind of person that his company will just be crumbling but he'll be inviting more Olodo " BSC HOLDER" to further scatter the company.
Re: HND Holder Vs Third Class Degree Bsc Holder: Which Is Better? - EDUREGARD by Nobody: 11:02am On Jul 08, 2016
Most illiterates take Polytechnics as an option for education. And most HND holders can't even read and write. I'm a B.eng(2.2)holder.., even a pass in B.eng is better than a HND holder.
Re: HND Holder Vs Third Class Degree Bsc Holder: Which Is Better? - EDUREGARD by Adebowale89(m): 11:02am On Jul 08, 2016
First class, second class upper. HND or third class or NCE, the most important is grace work faster than grade....
Re: HND Holder Vs Third Class Degree Bsc Holder: Which Is Better? - EDUREGARD by colli247(m): 11:04am On Jul 08, 2016
Fit2Rule:

Check my SIGNATURE.
GOD BLESS U BRO DON,T MIND ALL THESE FOOLS THAT DEPEND ON CERTIFICATE WE NAIJA LIKE CERT ALOT
Re: HND Holder Vs Third Class Degree Bsc Holder: Which Is Better? - EDUREGARD by humbleself242(m): 11:05am On Jul 08, 2016
I have HND lower credit and went for my Post Graduate Diploma in Ago Iwoye (Osu) but to God there is lady in my class that graduated from same school with that 3rd class the lady inQuestion has nothing upstairs its pain me I don't want to mention name because might be here I swear to God almighty she is Ibadan Girl

1 Like 1 Share

Re: HND Holder Vs Third Class Degree Bsc Holder: Which Is Better? - EDUREGARD by vickylala239: 11:06am On Jul 08, 2016
hotwax:

[size=15pt]I have HND. BSC and Masters holders are reporting to me.

LOL at Nigeria Academic system. We attach importance to certificate. You see 1st class with nothing to contribute to the economy. I have interviewed and recruited many graduates. I will tell you, HND is better in most cases. I work in a tech firm sha[/size]

You Jst said the truth...

What will anyone here expect you to say....you Hv HND and u b Lik Bsc is better,Dats not possible Na...

You have HND and equally your brain range will b Dat of HND,Cuz you cn easily understand them,being that you are of the same level with them...

Or will you rather employ a graduate who will push you off your seat later?

wit your HND I was Nt expecting you to say Bsc is better,Infact no one here will expect you to say that.....let's be truthful .

1 Like

Re: HND Holder Vs Third Class Degree Bsc Holder: Which Is Better? - EDUREGARD by colli247(m): 11:07am On Jul 08, 2016
colli247:
GOD BLESS U BRO DON,T MIND ALL THESE FOOLS THAT DEPEND ON CERTIFICATE WE NAIJA LIKE CERT ALOT GREATEST HERO MAN IN THE WORLD ARE ALL DROPOUT
Re: HND Holder Vs Third Class Degree Bsc Holder: Which Is Better? - EDUREGARD by dyfaze: 11:07am On Jul 08, 2016
Fairgodwin:
I guess it all depends on the class of the HND (degree). If the HND is a distinction, then I will agree it is far better and more considerable/commendable than a BSc in the 3rd class category. But if it is lower credit HND (or even an upper credit at times) then I'll completely tell you the BSc 3rd class is more considerable/preferable to the HND.

Of course a distinction in HND is [supposed to be] better than a 3rd class BSc degree, but in any case, the average Nigerian person might not see it in that light.

My humble opinion, though.

PS there's a huge difference between 'being' and 'been' sir. The write up is very nice I must confess, but you used 'being' where you were supposed to use 'been.' I'm sorry I couldn't overlook it, because it always troubles me to see such mistakes
Re: HND Holder Vs Third Class Degree Bsc Holder: Which Is Better? - EDUREGARD by histemple: 11:07am On Jul 08, 2016
udemzy101:

If that's the case, why do polytechnics offer other social science course, since it is a technology base institution?

Good Question!

If you are conversant with the Polytechnic environment and the curriculum, you will observe that the main focus is on technical expertise. However, some of these course can't stand alone as some element of management is required.

A mechanical engineering student for example, need to understand what is Project management and project financing. This was basically why you have those departments as Bus. Admin and Accountancy. If you check the course outline of any engineering student, you will find management and computer courses in it.

There are also other areas where technical assistance is required. Such areas are Zoology, SLT, etc but such graduates are only needed to provide technical assistance and not to head the organization or departments.

The foregoing notwithstanding, you can still find students of Mass Communication, Entrepreneurship, Psychology etc in the Polytechnic-------perhaps due to admission challenges or frustration.
Re: HND Holder Vs Third Class Degree Bsc Holder: Which Is Better? - EDUREGARD by HomoSapiien: 11:09am On Jul 08, 2016
tosyne2much:
Let's stop deluding each other grin

Truth is, I have passed through the wall of polytechnic (OND precisely) and I never for once observe this practical and theoretical aspects that people shout about, as one of the merit of going to a polytechnic.

The lecturers mainly dictate the content of their handouts in class and repeats same questions every year in their examinations. Even project; you just copy and paste it, pay 5k to your supervisor and you will earn your A or B.

I swear to God, if you end up with anything less than upper credit, then I believe the winch in your village are playing kiddo in your head.

I'm not pestering you to admit this but you know this is the truth.
Re: HND Holder Vs Third Class Degree Bsc Holder: Which Is Better? - EDUREGARD by YOLO1(m): 11:09am On Jul 08, 2016
bozy4real:
Those in the university is just an opportunity to be thereis now as if those in tthe polytechnic at more brilliant.
Most polytechnic student that went back to university through direct entery are doing far far better than those the meet. His not my choice or our choice to go to polytechnic but when that was our best bet rather than wasting out time and been useless to our their nation n the world at large .
Am proud to be an HND holder if u have any problem with that go n join BH cheese,........,.

I wonder which polythecnic gave u admission in the first place with this ur catastrophic grammar....... Now I think we now have a clue of what we are talking about. To me even a PASS in the university is better than being a HND holder

1 Like

Re: HND Holder Vs Third Class Degree Bsc Holder: Which Is Better? - EDUREGARD by vickylala239: 11:09am On Jul 08, 2016
humbleself242:
I have HND lower credit and went for my Post Graduate Diploma in Ago Iwoye (Osu) but to God there is lady in my class that graduated from same school with that 3rd class the lady inQuestion has nothing upstairs its pain me I don't want to mention name because might be here I swear to God almighty she is Ibadan Girl

So What is your point then

Cuz I Dnt understand you...

You also posted you picture how do we connect this...

Does that picture mean that you are rich or What?

Thats What I don't get...

1 Like

Re: HND Holder Vs Third Class Degree Bsc Holder: Which Is Better? - EDUREGARD by dyfaze: 11:10am On Jul 08, 2016
[quote author=dyfaze post=47325985][/quote].
Re: HND Holder Vs Third Class Degree Bsc Holder: Which Is Better? - EDUREGARD by colli247(m): 11:11am On Jul 08, 2016
[quote author=Vicfus post=47325242][/quote] HAHAAHAHA YES BOSS NAIJA LIKE CERT ALOT
Re: HND Holder Vs Third Class Degree Bsc Holder: Which Is Better? - EDUREGARD by Babysho(m): 11:14am On Jul 08, 2016
Fynestboi:
Most probably, contrary to your belief, this is no fight between HND and Degree, we are just here to check and balance. Having an HND and having a Third Class BSC Degree, which one is better concerning regards for each in the employment market.

First of all, Definition of Terms for some of us who might not be so sure of what HND and Third Class BSC are :

HND Holder is one who has completed a course program at a Polytechnic in Nigeria. The certificate awarded upon completion of the program is the Higher National Diploma (HND).

BSc Holder is one who has completed an undergraduate program at a University in Nigeria. The degree awarded upon completion of the program is a Bachelor Degree (BSc).

Now, my own opinion :
Since time past the HND has always being considered inferior to the BSc. This, at least, was the idea inculcated in us by the colonial masters and this mentality is what many of us still hold onto today, which is not supposed to be.

It is also important that we know that the university is an internationally recognized higher institution of learning all around the world. As such, a third class BSc holder may sometimes have the opportunity of furthering their studies in a way that the HND holder cannot because a BSc is recognized everywhere while same cannot be said for the HND. Besides, we look down on the HND ourselves in Nigeria, why then would international bodies regard it any more than we do.

Many employers today may not even include HND as one of the qualifications required for job vacancy positions. In light of this, HND holders may sometimes get automatically disqualified before even getting a chance at interview.

Another key point is, an HND holder may secure a good job real quick compared to a third class BSc holder, but the effect of this is that in the long run, a HND holder who fails to upgrade his certificate to a BSc may find himself bowing to that third class BSc holder (who has now added to his qualifications) whom he had left behind all those years ago.

Well, not to sound bias :

Over the years, Polytechnic graduates have proven themselves to be in no way inferior to their counterparts in the university.

Today, a polytechnic student can stand shoulder to shoulder with an undergraduate in the university and even surpass him/her. Besides, Polytechnics have being known to conduct more research and practical works than the university. This prepares the students adequately for what is needed to face the outside world.

In conclusion, it would be wrong of me to declare a third class degree as better than the HND.

So here we are, what's your view.

Graduating with an HND or a Third Class BSC Degree - Which is better?

SOURCE : http://eduregard.com/hnd-holder-vs-third-class-degree-bsc-holder/

I have discussed this "BSC to HND discrimination" with several literates and we've come to our own possible solution which I'm sure can bring an easy end to the segregation.

The Government should force all Universities to erase all Technical and Engineering related courses from their offered courses and make them available with all required practical equipments and tools to Polytechnics ONLY!

The Government should also employ and attach legit technical and engineering lecturers and professors to the courses.

With this arrangement, you'll see students pick Polytechnics as first choices over Universities.

It all comes down to the Government.

This arrangement has no Disadvantage and it's relatively easy and cheap to enforce.

1 Like

Re: HND Holder Vs Third Class Degree Bsc Holder: Which Is Better? - EDUREGARD by hotwax: 11:14am On Jul 08, 2016
vickylala239:

You Jst said the truth...

What will anyone here expect you to say....you Hv HND and u b Lik Bsc is better,Dats not possible Na...

You have HND and equally your brain range will b Dat of HND,Cuz you cn easily understand them,being that you are of the same level with them...

Or will you rather employ a graduate who will push you off your seat later?

wit your HND I was Nt expecting you to say Bsc is better,Infact no one here will expect you to say that.....let's be truthful .

[size=15pt]You are right. It might be that your brain could not comprehend what I wrote.

The question you should be asking is:

Why can't BSC perform better than HND?

They were given the same task/project to complete. HND was able to deliver in a timely manner whereas BSC struggled.

How is that my fault? Get your little man sentiment out of here[/size]
Re: HND Holder Vs Third Class Degree Bsc Holder: Which Is Better? - EDUREGARD by dyfaze: 11:15am On Jul 08, 2016
Fairgodwin:
I guess it all depends on the class of the HND (degree). If the HND is a distinction, then I will agree it is far better and more considerable/commendable than a BSc in the 3rd class category. But if it is lower credit HND (or even an upper credit at times) then I'll completely tell you the BSc 3rd class is more considerable/preferable to the HND.

Of course a distinction in HND is [supposed to be] better than a 3rd class BSc degree, but in any case, the average Nigerian person might not see it in that light.

My humble opinion, though.

PS there's a huge difference between 'being' and 'been' sir. The write up is very nice I must confess, but you used 'being' where you were supposed to use 'been.' I'm sorry I couldn't overlook it, because it always troubles me to see such mistakes.
rt. You're right bro, bt connection is better. I have HND Distinction n a frnd with 3rd class degree secured good job based on connection. I've made it to final stage of several recruitment exercises as only hnd holder in d midst of Masters n Bsc holders.. So painful. God knows d best sha.
Re: HND Holder Vs Third Class Degree Bsc Holder: Which Is Better? - EDUREGARD by michaelismenten: 11:17am On Jul 08, 2016
Just God that helps us, nothing else, coming out with first class in this country is nothing. forget whether u commot with B Sc or HND, just let God help us
Re: HND Holder Vs Third Class Degree Bsc Holder: Which Is Better? - EDUREGARD by engrkaz(m): 11:18am On Jul 08, 2016
Fynestboi:
Most probably, contrary to your belief, this is no fight between HND and Degree, we are just here to check and balance. Having an HND and having a Third Class BSC Degree, which one is better concerning regards for each in the employment market.

First of all, Definition of Terms for some of us who might not be so sure of what HND and Third Class BSC are :

HND Holder is one who has completed a course program at a Polytechnic in Nigeria. The certificate awarded upon completion of the program is the Higher National Diploma (HND).

BSc Holder is one who has completed an undergraduate program at a University in Nigeria. The degree awarded upon completion of the program is a Bachelor Degree (BSc).

Now, my own opinion :
Since time past the HND has always being considered inferior to the BSc. This, at least, was the idea inculcated in us by the colonial masters and this mentality is what many of us still hold onto today, which is not supposed to be.

It is also important that we know that the university is an internationally recognized higher institution of learning all around the world. As such, a third class BSc holder may sometimes have the opportunity of furthering their studies in a way that the HND holder cannot because a BSc is recognized everywhere while same cannot be said for the HND. Besides, we look down on the HND ourselves in Nigeria, why then would international bodies regard it any more than we do.

Many employers today may not even include HND as one of the qualifications required for job vacancy positions. In light of this, HND holders may sometimes get automatically disqualified before even getting a chance at interview.

Another key point is, an HND holder may secure a good job real quick compared to a third class BSc holder, but the effect of this is that in the long run, a HND holder who fails to upgrade his certificate to a BSc may find himself bowing to that third class BSc holder (who has now added to his qualifications) whom he had left behind all those years ago.

Well, not to sound bias :

Over the years, Polytechnic graduates have proven themselves to be in no way inferior to their counterparts in the university.

Today, a polytechnic student can stand shoulder to shoulder with an undergraduate in the university and even surpass him/her. Besides, Polytechnics have being known to conduct more research and practical works than the university. This prepares the students adequately for what is needed to face the outside world.

In conclusion, it would be wrong of me to declare a third class degree as better than the HND.

So here we are, what's your view.

Graduating with an HND or a Third Class BSC Degree - Which is better?

SOURCE : http://eduregard.com/hnd-holder-vs-third-class-degree-bsc-holder/
My brother I sincerely do not agree with your opinion on the highlighted statement. I am a product of both institutions, did ND in engineering in one of the leading FedPos in the country before moving to OAU on a direct admission. Polys don't have the capacities to conduct any academic research of note, and basically, they are not trained to design but to interpret designs. So, I disagree with your assertion that polytechnics have the capacity to conduct better researches than unis.
Re: HND Holder Vs Third Class Degree Bsc Holder: Which Is Better? - EDUREGARD by hotwax: 11:19am On Jul 08, 2016
Babysho:

I have discussed this "BSC to HND discrimination" with several literates and we've come to our own possible solution which I'm sure can bring an easy end to the segregation.

The Government should force all Universities to erase all Technical and Engineering related courses from their offered courses and make them available with all required practical equipments and tools to Polytechnics ONLY!

The Government should also employ and attach legit technical and engineering lecturers and professors to the courses.

With this arrangement, you'll see students pick Polytechnics as first choices over Universities.

It all comes down to the Government.

This arrangement has no Disadvantage and it's relatively easy and cheap to enforce.

This is it.

[size=15pt]I personally will take an HND Mechanical Engineer, Computer Scientist over their BSC counterpart.

However, Law, Medicine, accounting e.t.c is for University no doubt[/size]
Re: HND Holder Vs Third Class Degree Bsc Holder: Which Is Better? - EDUREGARD by Enrichlee(m): 11:21am On Jul 08, 2016
EduRegard:
Having a third class degree doesnt necessarily mean one isn't brilliant.

You might want to see : How A Nigerian Got A Job With His Third Class Degree

And it's not all about good grades, See : Reasons Why First Class Students Hardly Become First Class People In Life

And also as a thrid class graduate, See : 7 Solid Tips On How To Make It With A 3rd Class Degree

Thanks.
. So what happened sir
Re: HND Holder Vs Third Class Degree Bsc Holder: Which Is Better? - EDUREGARD by histemple: 11:27am On Jul 08, 2016
LaExpert:

Kindly modify your post.

You're part of the reasons HND is less esteemed.

Lol. Where will that guy start modifying from? Very bad publicity for HND holders I must say.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Ranks Of The Nigerian Security And Civil Defence Corps (NSCDC) / Officers Declared Wanted For Insulting Ibrahim Idris Police IG In Public. Photos / BAT Nigeria Salary Scale: Salary Of British American Tobacco PLC Of Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 100
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.