Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,996 members, 7,825,082 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 06:08 AM

My Fiancee Earns More Than Me! - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / My Fiancee Earns More Than Me! (3592 Views)

Met His Fiancee A Virgin But Got Deflowered By Another Guy / My Fiancee Went To NYSC And Changed / Can Marriage Work Where The Woman Earns More Than Her Husband? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Fiancee Earns More Than Me! by COOLWATER(m): 3:58pm On Sep 09, 2009
Do i have anything to worry about if my fiancee earns more than me? she works with an oil company. although she has not shown any sign of arrogance.
Re: My Fiancee Earns More Than Me! by Nobody: 4:00pm On Sep 09, 2009
Its all on you, do you think you may develop a complex in future?
Re: My Fiancee Earns More Than Me! by netotse(m): 4:16pm On Sep 09, 2009
ebonyeyes is kinda right. . .

but i hope u sha earn enough money for the basics? so she doesnt have to pay when y'all go out and stuff?
Re: My Fiancee Earns More Than Me! by casfrapee: 4:27pm On Sep 09, 2009
bros just pray to your god to give you a better job.after i do,greater percentage of women will bring out their true colour.she may not really be who she is now especially if she is the one paying the bills.goodluck broda.
Re: My Fiancee Earns More Than Me! by izeek(m): 4:36pm On Sep 09, 2009
dude there is nothing to it,
as long as she knows u hard working and got dreams dont matter who earns more.
afterall u still got the basics like some1 said.
Re: My Fiancee Earns More Than Me! by zmurda(m): 5:08pm On Sep 09, 2009
Live with it, enjoy it. Don't think of it.

Dwelling on it leads to problems. Try to make your own stash, remember though its not a competition

Peace
Re: My Fiancee Earns More Than Me! by TYTAN(m): 5:11pm On Sep 09, 2009
Keep your role as an african man with pride, try to ignore her salary , please dont let complex set in.
Re: My Fiancee Earns More Than Me! by virgie(f): 11:49pm On Sep 09, 2009
If she does not show arrogance/pride over her earnings, then u have nothinh to worry about, just deal with it.
Re: My Fiancee Earns More Than Me! by CrazyMan(m): 2:34am On Sep 10, 2009
Don't tell me that you're the kind of guy that gets intimidated by a successful woman.

If you love her, and you're 100% positive that she feels the same way, then there's nothing to be afraid of.
Re: My Fiancee Earns More Than Me! by sexyLeamon(f): 3:06am On Sep 10, 2009
If you use your knowledge and invest, you could use her money wisely, and increase both of your incomes. work together I do not mean eat over her head

As for your insecurity, tell her in bed and I am pretty sure she will comfort you.
Re: My Fiancee Earns More Than Me! by genetokky(m): 6:47am On Sep 10, 2009
it is very simple,change yaa job.
Re: My Fiancee Earns More Than Me! by whitelexi(m): 7:47am On Sep 10, 2009
Well, dump her and get yourself someone that earns less if u cant live with it grin
Re: My Fiancee Earns More Than Me! by sparta(f): 9:22am On Sep 10, 2009
you have said it all!

She has not shown any sign of arrogance!

Thats all folks!
Re: My Fiancee Earns More Than Me! by DaudaAbu(m): 11:18am On Sep 10, 2009
well dis is b4 d i do.

After that i wonder who would pay 4 the children sch fees. who determine d sch they go to,

the kind of house u guys will live in and all?

Guy use that money beta urself and seek for a beta paying job b4 things change
Re: My Fiancee Earns More Than Me! by frank317: 11:19am On Sep 10, 2009
u see a woman
like her
ask her out
married her
live with her

and yet you come out here to ask nairaland if there is a problem because she is earning more than u.

do u really know what marriage is?
Re: My Fiancee Earns More Than Me! by Sexyuhlala(f): 11:35am On Sep 10, 2009
Kini bid deal?
Re: My Fiancee Earns More Than Me! by Sexyuhlala(f): 11:36am On Sep 10, 2009
Kini big deal?
Re: My Fiancee Earns More Than Me! by manikki(f): 11:41am On Sep 10, 2009
It depends on ur level of maturity. Her`s too. As long as its clearly stated at every point that u`re the man in the relationship, u`ll not have too many problems. Have fun!
Re: My Fiancee Earns More Than Me! by Yumi(f): 11:43am On Sep 10, 2009
Thats really not bad, try to look at the positive side of things, that means there is less pressure on you to provide and you can help each other more.   Don't worry about it obviously she doesn't mind or she wouldnt have engaged you.  I hardly remember a guy I have ever been out with that earns more money than I do.  So its not something I think about or care about anymore.   As long as he can provide for himself and has goals in life works hard and is honest that is more important.  She probably appreciates that in you.
Re: My Fiancee Earns More Than Me! by donaremu(m): 11:45am On Sep 10, 2009
@Poster,

As an African man, we may think it is a problem especially if she is proud and arrogant.
You value as a man in the family is not because you richer than her,
Understanding is the key,
Who know happen will tomorrow? you may be richer than her tomorrow, Riches in the hands of a good person is a blessing,  cool
Re: My Fiancee Earns More Than Me! by Nobody: 11:46am On Sep 10, 2009
dump her & get urself a full time house wife who will depend on u for even common maggi cube if dat's what u want.
Re: My Fiancee Earns More Than Me! by Pancs(m): 11:48am On Sep 10, 2009
It's simple, if u gays really love each other then all u have to think about is love and not who is richer undecided
Re: My Fiancee Earns More Than Me! by AniLee(f): 11:51am On Sep 10, 2009
I think there is nothing wrong with that. Esp when you have said she aint arrogant. That means she still considers your contribution and role just as important and of relevance as would any other couple where the man earns more. You are still you, and that she understands. Her attitude towards you displays her reverence and respect for you.
Re: My Fiancee Earns More Than Me! by sayso: 12:05pm On Sep 10, 2009
try and do your duties before she knows,let her be a helper not a provider.will work out well
Re: My Fiancee Earns More Than Me! by Drunk: 12:09pm On Sep 10, 2009
OK. Thanks for the Information
Re: My Fiancee Earns More Than Me! by chiejik(f): 12:22pm On Sep 10, 2009
@sayso, your thinking, na waa ;d ;d ;d ;d ;d ;d
Re: My Fiancee Earns More Than Me! by dominictj(m): 12:25pm On Sep 10, 2009
yori yori, luv am o dey are very few of the 4 market
Re: My Fiancee Earns More Than Me! by bebe4u(f): 12:41pm On Sep 10, 2009
@ poster,

that is why i said i[b] will not disclose how much i earn to my spouse[/b], you are not even married to her , yet her earnings is already a big issue to you. People who are speaking of openess in marriage concerning finance, here we go with people like coolwater , i appreciate a little discretion about my earnings, is there anywhere that is written that women who earn higher than their spouse are always arrogant ? abeg, get pass that and focus on her other strengths, if you cant deal with it. allow the lady to move on with her life. Men and their fragile ego angry tongue
Re: My Fiancee Earns More Than Me! by orisebawo(m): 12:49pm On Sep 10, 2009
Poster,

I dont see a problem in the fact that she earns more than you, it should be a motivating factor for you to continually improve yourself, as long as you are able to take care of all the baisc needs without having to depend on her, it is really none of your business what she earns except in helping her to double her salary or invest it wisely, gone are the days when a man must always be the higher earner in the family.

As long as you remain the bread winner, then you should be happy that you have an industrious fiancee.
Re: My Fiancee Earns More Than Me! by whiteroses(f): 12:57pm On Sep 10, 2009
leave her and marry a poor woman wey fit devour your little money then abi wetin be the question again undecided
Re: My Fiancee Earns More Than Me! by bigben3: 12:59pm On Sep 10, 2009
@topic
no real big deal or else if you have an agenda :-Xmust we always quantify everything,where lies the real feelings.Is it a case of no money,no love,little money,little love my man wake up and go
Re: My Fiancee Earns More Than Me! by iz2much: 1:16pm On Sep 10, 2009
i think u will have a prob. so quit.the problem will come form you

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Does Being Engaged Mean One Will Definitely Get Married To The Fiance/fiancee? / Ladies, Blueeyeballs Is Here Again With (in Djkhalid's Voice) Another One / Special Announcement By The Missgdope Team!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.