Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,624 members, 7,840,487 topics. Date: Sunday, 26 May 2024 at 07:03 AM

My Fiancee Earns More Than Me! - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / My Fiancee Earns More Than Me! (3595 Views)

Met His Fiancee A Virgin But Got Deflowered By Another Guy / My Fiancee Went To NYSC And Changed / Can Marriage Work Where The Woman Earns More Than Her Husband? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Fiancee Earns More Than Me! by taneemrah: 11:28am On Sep 11, 2009
If you are not Ok with that marry a JOBLESS LADY
Re: My Fiancee Earns More Than Me! by kellysopy(m): 12:09pm On Sep 11, 2009
In a situation like this, I think what matter most is understanding and laid down principles . guy you are not a gold digger so you can always put in check. Your are lucky! fix her up early.
Re: My Fiancee Earns More Than Me! by Spyker: 12:24pm On Sep 11, 2009
Good lord, This is a win or loose situation for you.
Let us analyze the situation.
Your fiancee (not wife yet) is earning more, good for you. Less dependence on you for money. My question is, is she God fearing? What kind of friends does she has and what kind of parents does she have. These persons will determine the way her cash gets to her head.

On the other hand, start watching out for change in attitude. She starts complaining about every little thing you does. Men start to pack your bags, she is getting fed up with squaring up with a poor (even though you might not be) guy. Her friends will ask her if she will be the one to marry you or not.

My brother, personally i see no threat except she is influence by (1) Friends (2) Family (3) Her money

Good luck
Re: My Fiancee Earns More Than Me! by BAMEX2: 12:57pm On Sep 11, 2009
It can actually be to your advantage,its really no big deal
Re: My Fiancee Earns More Than Me! by samtoye(m): 1:06pm On Sep 11, 2009
I was watching a program on Zone, Near Death Experience of Stars. There was particular case where a Guy pet Tiger almost tore him apart, although he brought up this Tiger from birth and the Tiger really loves him but it didn't stop the Tiger from tearing him apart because a Tiger would always be a Tiger!!!!!

Lesson, A woman is like the Tiger, yes they love you, yes you two are very close, but one thing you can't take from her, her nature. Your woman earns more than you? trouble waiting to happen!!!!! It is not a life threatning situation but thing might get really ugly.trust me i know, i know some women would react to this mail badly, but it doesn't change the truth, Guys when you wake up every morning, say one prayer line, when i get married, make me the head of my Family in all ramification. I'm now an accountant in Nigeria biggest communication company and i earn far beyond my spouse but i've been there before,it happens everyday among  friends, family, school, church, work etc, Till the world comes to an end, this formula would never change- Men seek women, Women seek money,
Re: My Fiancee Earns More Than Me! by sweetpie23: 4:43pm On Sep 11, 2009
you are the selfish one tongue
Re: My Fiancee Earns More Than Me! by oge4real(f): 4:51pm On Sep 11, 2009
I dont see that as a problem at all.
Re: My Fiancee Earns More Than Me! by Spyker: 7:04pm On Sep 11, 2009
He that find a wife find a good thing and obtain favour from the Lord. This scriptural view point connotes a basic truth that marriage ought to be a blessing.
Re: My Fiancee Earns More Than Me! by trekkie: 11:00pm On Sep 11, 2009
dude! money is like a microphone it amplifies what was previously there. if she is not arrogant now, money will not make her so. if you begin to "see" arrogance, bros she has always been that way. there are a lot of prideful arrogant POOR people. so get over youself and enjoy the fact that god has given you a wife that can contribute fianancially to the family. if the unity is there, you both of you will decide TOGETHER how to administer the money and don't start oppressing her to prove that you are the man and have authority over her and the money you may make her to react negatively because she is a human just like you and will not like to be oppressed.
allow her some freedom and just be yourself. you will be surprised how many women would prefer to submit to their husbands because of love rather than fear and compulsion. Good luck smiley
Re: My Fiancee Earns More Than Me! by yeswecan(m): 7:11am On Sep 12, 2009
@ poster

You alone can provide the right answer to that question; you know the kind of person she is. If you don't have an element of pride/complex it wouldn't be an issue in the first place. Check yourself, your limits and level of tolerance. You are the problem here not your girl; It is not a bad thing to secure a good-paying job.

Bottom line, it is a good thing only if she is cultured and you learn to see things differently. KNOW YOURSELF AND BE IN CONTROL
Re: My Fiancee Earns More Than Me! by esonuu(m): 4:17pm On Sep 12, 2009
well it depends on the type of woman you have but no matter what just huzzle and make sure that at least 75% bills is been handled paid by you
Re: My Fiancee Earns More Than Me! by Nezan(m): 12:23pm On Sep 14, 2009
Not all women who earns more are arrogant to they spouses.
Re: My Fiancee Earns More Than Me! by Nobody: 12:27pm On Sep 14, 2009
Re: My Fiancee Earns More Than Me! by olasboy: 6:54pm On Sep 15, 2009
It's a bad idea to continue in such relationship/courtship. Jilt her and go to Ajegunle or Makoko to get a VERY poor girl friend.

Ode!
Re: My Fiancee Earns More Than Me! by whiteroses(f): 11:26pm On Sep 15, 2009
olasboy:

It's a bad idea to continue in such relationship/courtship. Jilt her and go to Ajegunle or Makoko to get a VERY poor girl friend.

Ode!

ode hahahah grin grin grin grin that word gets me all the time, ode eri enue bi enu ode oponu ode ni gbogboyin ode lmao ode
Re: My Fiancee Earns More Than Me! by sayso: 4:19pm On Sep 16, 2009
If that complexity comes in then there is bound to be trouble

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Guys I Wanna Take My GF Out On A Date In Lagos But Need Your Suggestions / My Boyfriend Can’t Meet Up To My Demands, How Can I Dump Him? / Why Are Men Of These Days After Fair Girls?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.