Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,457 members, 7,816,074 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:26 AM

Youths/occupy/nigeria/2016 - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Youths/occupy/nigeria/2016 (27098 Views)

Why Nigerians Won't Occupy Nigeria As Fuel Subsidy Removed / Subsidy: Muslims Call On Labour To Dialogue Not Occupy Nigeria / Pro-Saraki Group Clashes With Occupy NASS Protesters (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (20) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Youths/occupy/nigeria/2016 by Johnrake69: 9:00pm On Jul 11, 2016
faaiz4ever:
Am trying to conceive how this whole thing can work, what am proposing is that we create our own e-petition and e-voting system right in the website. Decisions would be strictly by elections and actions would be taken strictly by petitions. Let's say u raise an issue that u want the house to decide on. There will be a place where all the members can vote for either support or against it . Let's say someone has an idea to change in government. Like duration of court cases in judicial arm of government for example. The person will create a petition and gather signatures by posting the link in social media (advertising his cause) once the signature reaches like 1 million this number will be decided by the house through the voting system then we will act on it. We will send the request to the appropriate body if nothing is done then we can threaten them with protests which they know if we mobilize people we can shutdown the whole country. But we must have the significant number before we can achieve that. So all people signing petitions must be members u CNT sign any petition without registering and u can't sign twice. Signatures must be genuine and mean the actual number of people that agreed to the idea. Just like an electronic referendum. So its a continuous business, it's an official way of the Nigerian people saying no to bad policies. And if our request is not granted because of valid reasons the government must explain publicly to the people why they cannot do the request. What do you think about that?

That is brilliant I must say.

House!
Constructive criticism is really needed at this point.

Cc:
omobs, banmee, Nulasco, Vshock, pacino26, Tobitrueman, pulsa, ucheokpara100, nairoland, Eleniyan15, Pushas, richylee, Sirmuel1, Pushas, tizblink, vickvilles, nabiz, sanyaboy, frajoe2reel, Pedrop, ikbnice, Amusaopeyemi, Hage, Naimolawale, Nulasco, achi4u, sweetyme001, talk4free Guseh, TonyeBarcanista, Sarhyd, princetigris, kuuljay, BiafranPrince, bet9ja, cindybella101, AkpanUnanam, melodythatsme, vickvilles, Milonis,
gensteejay, dadebayo1, csamii, Pushas, Maduawuchukwu, MORNDEW, hardniola, Klare, iamDiabolic, dollyjuke, ceekanMgazine, bank2k4real, Peezzy, Beamborla, bemyguest, Penielme, yhemsy62, Nafizzey, faaiz4ever, DDeliverer, Izonpikin, dollyjuke, adediranta, ThundrCork,
jking001, freeze001, OmoAjowa7, leofab, coolestdude01,
MaziOmenuko, signature2012, zeberebe, Amberon, Teespice, freeage7, Almajiri1, ArodeTsolaye, megawax8,
otokx, HIGHESTPOPORI, FoxyFlow, johnstar, cromz, HemmanuelRichy, Gchimez, eunisam, Nicholas007, Pushas, Bizibi, Obas101, InformedLola, Reyginus, TheFreeOne, Shininstar30, zibi5, jamace, dadebayo1, Okikiki, Sagealveen, ucheokpara100, ElCount, whirlwind7, Akeem1759, byrron, 400billionman, juman,
newbornmacho, percyshelu, Yemidaniels, An0nimus, sanandreas, Hisduchess, Thoniameek, vickvilles, csamii,
AnonyNymous, harrysjones, adonshow, ALAYORMII, Oyimeoyimemua, annnikky, Babzilla, Revolva, harrysjones, raziboi, goldenruby, mira4u, M4gunners, Klare, Alfred234, eddyj36, Mhizdiva, banmee, ouigy99, francizy, majekdom2, teeghurl, danwilliams4u, kayusre, Blessedward, sixtus3606, Ymodulus, SnowJay92, izzou,
niggi4life, sunnyside16, dmanj, Vickertony, mrkayusfit, corruptboss, goddys,druboon404, byrron, dadebayo1, snaketail22, faaiz4ever, swagaholic, frehage...
Re: Youths/occupy/nigeria/2016 by ikbnice(m): 9:10pm On Jul 11, 2016
The future of this country now lies in our hand and this is the best opportunity to act. What is the first step we are taking?
Re: Youths/occupy/nigeria/2016 by AkpanUnanam(m): 9:31pm On Jul 11, 2016
Johnrake69:

Wow! Just paid a visit to the site. Online meeting should be the most cost effective means for now. For the content, we really need more people to react to that.
Faaiz4ever great work!

House!
Our website is now live. Please let's comment on the content. Good bless us all.

Cc:

omobs, banmee, Nulasco, Vshock, pacino26, Tobitrueman, pulsa, ucheokpara100, nairoland, Eleniyan15, Pushas, richylee, Sirmuel1, Pushas, tizblink, vickvilles, nabiz, sanyaboy, frajoe2reel, Pedrop, ikbnice, Amusaopeyemi, Hage, Naimolawale, Nulasco, achi4u, sweetyme001, talk4free Guseh, TonyeBarcanista, Sarhyd, princetigris, kuuljay, BiafranPrince, bet9ja, cindybella101, AkpanUnanam, melodythatsme, vickvilles, Milonis,
gensteejay, dadebayo1, csamii, Pushas, Maduawuchukwu, MORNDEW, hardniola, Klare, iamDiabolic, dollyjuke, ceekanMgazine, bank2k4real, Peezzy, Beamborla, bemyguest, Penielme, yhemsy62, Nafizzey, faaiz4ever, DDeliverer, Izonpikin, dollyjuke, adediranta, ThundrCork,
MaziOmenuko, signature2012, zeberebe, Amberon, Teespice, freeage7, Almajiri1, ArodeTsolaye, megawax8,
otokx, HIGHESTPOPORI, FoxyFlow, johnstar, cromz, HemmanuelRichy, Gchimez, eunisam, Nicholas007, Pushas, Bizibi, Obas101, InformedLola, Reyginus, TheFreeOne, Shininstar30, zibi5, jamace, dadebayo1, Okikiki, Sagealveen, ucheokpara100, ElCount, whirlwind7, Akeem1759, byrron, 400billionman, juman,
newbornmacho, percyshelu, Yemidaniels, An0nimus, sanandreas, Hisduchess, Thoniameek, vickvilles, csamii,
AnonyNymous, harrysjones, adonshow, ALAYORMII, Oyimeoyimemua, annnikky, Babzilla, Revolva, harrysjones, raziboi, goldenruby, mira4u, M4gunners, Klare, Alfred234, eddyj36, Mhizdiva, banmee, ouigy99, francizy, majekdom2, teeghurl, danwilliams4u, kayusre, Blessedward, sixtus3606, Ymodulus, SnowJay92, izzou,
niggi4life, sunnyside16, dmanj, Vickertony, mrkayusfit, corruptboss, goddys,druboon404, byrron, dadebayo1, snaketail22, faaiz4ever, swagaholic, frehage...
please let go online first then later we can make profession on offline meeting and consider that people like me who stay in akwa ibom state will love to take part in first offline meeting no matter what its will cost me.
Re: Youths/occupy/nigeria/2016 by Johnrake69: 9:32pm On Jul 11, 2016
ikbnice:
The future of this country now lies in our hand and this is the best opportunity to act. What is the first step we are taking?

We need to come up with vision and mission statement for the site and also, the list of things we need the government to implement. We need them to appear on the website.

Note: Nothing political.
Re: Youths/occupy/nigeria/2016 by Johnrake69: 9:35pm On Jul 11, 2016
AkpanUnanam:
please let go online first then later we can make profession on offline meeting and consider that people like me who stay in akwa ibom state will love to take part in first offline meeting no matter what its will cost me.

Yes I agree with you... I guess we should come up with a whatsapp group.
Re: Youths/occupy/nigeria/2016 by AkpanUnanam(m): 9:45pm On Jul 11, 2016
Johnrake69:

Yes I agree with you... I guess we should come up with a whatsapp group.
i prefer facebook to whatsapp because whatsapp group wouldn't contain many youth as we wants, unless its for only state representative which we never come to that yet.

1 Like

Re: Youths/occupy/nigeria/2016 by Johnrake69: 9:57pm On Jul 11, 2016
AkpanUnanam:
i prefer facebook to whatsapp because whatsapp group wouldn't contain many youth as we wants, unless its for only state representative which we never come to that yet.

Alright... Can you set it up and report back to the house? Let's start doing the talk.
Re: Youths/occupy/nigeria/2016 by faaiz4ever(m): 10:01pm On Jul 11, 2016
Http://www.Facebook.com/voiceoftheyouths You can be the admin and let's start putting contents.

AkpanUnanam:
Re: Youths/occupy/nigeria/2016 by Johnrake69: 10:10pm On Jul 11, 2016
faaiz4ever:
Http://www.Facebook.com/voiceoftheyouths You can be the admin and let's start putting contents.

Great. Will post some engaging articles here for approval before we post it on the page.
Re: Youths/occupy/nigeria/2016 by Sirmuel1(m): 10:23pm On Jul 11, 2016
AkpanUnanam:

Make me an admin on the Facebook page
Re: Youths/occupy/nigeria/2016 by dadebayo1(m): 10:27pm On Jul 11, 2016
Johnrake69:

Great job! You have done well my friend. Those of us still active on this thread, can we fix a date for a meeting? The zeal is waning and it's really unfortunate.

Cc:
niggi4life, sunnyside16, dmanj, Vickertony, mrkayusfit, corruptboss, goddys,druboon404, byrron, dadebayo1, snaketail22

Goodnight family...
Re: Youths/occupy/nigeria/2016 by Nobody: 10:48pm On Jul 11, 2016
The Website stuff is a nice idea
I pray it is not hijacked. Let us wait for the contribution of others about this.
Re: Youths/occupy/nigeria/2016 by Nobody: 10:48pm On Jul 11, 2016
The Website stuff is a nice idea. I pray it is not hijacked.
Re: Youths/occupy/nigeria/2016 by nabiz(m): 10:49pm On Jul 11, 2016
I think our number one problem in this contry is disunity. If we can unit there is nothing we can not achieve. Our political elites has devided us for there own political gain. we the nigerian you have to stand up against it.

What are the polices or law do u think if it is pass will unite the contry so that we will also tell the governmet to impliment it.

To me i think a bill or policy should be made to encourage intra marriage between tribes.
it is my humble opinion that we the youth and goverment should alway sponsor any marriage between tribe and also honor the with a unity award. A day should be mapped out as a unity day to celebrate them. This is a long term plan as it will encourage entra marriage and in long run brings unity.

Take yerobas for example. The relationship between a yeruba man and hausa is closer than igbo and housa.

U can suggest ur own policy
Re: Youths/occupy/nigeria/2016 by Nobody: 10:54pm On Jul 11, 2016
The zeal and flame on this thread is actually reducing day by day. Nigerians truly deserve what they are experiencing.
Re: Youths/occupy/nigeria/2016 by faaiz4ever(m): 10:54pm On Jul 11, 2016
Like the page and give us your facebook name. Thanks.
Cc: johnrake69

Sirmuel1:

Re: Youths/occupy/nigeria/2016 by Sirmuel1(m): 11:21pm On Jul 11, 2016
faaiz4ever:
Like the page and give us your facebook name. Thanks.
Cc: johnrake69

I've done that already.
Re: Youths/occupy/nigeria/2016 by JonSnow(m): 4:22am On Jul 12, 2016
nabiz:
I think our number one problem in this contry is disunity. If we can unit there is nothing we can not achieve. Our political elites has devided us for there own political gain. we the nigerian you have to stand up against it.

What are the polices or law do u think if it is pass will unite the contry so that we will also tell the governmet to impliment it.

To me i think a bill or policy should be made to encourage intra marriage between tribes.
it is my humble opinion that we the youth and goverment should alway sponsor any marriage between tribe and also honor the with a unity award. A day should be mapped out as a unity day to celebrate them. This is a long term plan as it will encourage entra marriage and in long run brings unity.

Take yerobas for example. The relationship between a yeruba man and hausa is closer the igbo and housa.

U can suggest ur own policy

The truth is, your leaders know which policies to implement to unite nigeria but they will never implement it.

I've been following this thread for sometime, and I must say you guys are gathering momentum but there's no direction, no mission statement.
From all indication, you guys are calling all nigerian youths to come together, to do what?

Remember, direction is much more important than speed. wink

1 Like

Re: Youths/occupy/nigeria/2016 by AkpanUnanam(m): 7:06am On Jul 12, 2016
Johnrake69:

Alright... Can you set it up and report back to the house? Let's start doing the talk.
i will do that, thanks for the mandate.
Re: Youths/occupy/nigeria/2016 by Nobody: 7:43am On Jul 12, 2016
Johnrake69:

nice work. Where would the online meeting take place the website or nairaland And is there anything I can do
Re: Youths/occupy/nigeria/2016 by Nobody: 8:04am On Jul 12, 2016
JonSnow:

The truth is, your leaders know which policies to implement to unite nigeria but they will never implement it.

I've been following this thread for sometime, and I must say you guys are gathering momentum but there's no direction, no mission statement.
From all indication, you guys are calling all nigerian youths to come together, to do what?

I beg to disagree; we have a clear direction: We seek basic human needs from our government officials. We are planning protest(s) to press home this agitation. We, the Nigerian masses, are tired of poor power supply, of unemployment, of the humongous pay and allowances these officials take in the face of harsh economy, among others. We are going to make a united stand now against our greedy and corrupt politicians and end our suffering in the nearest future.
Re: Youths/occupy/nigeria/2016 by callmetomi(m): 8:25am On Jul 12, 2016
God bless the person that started this. It's a good idea to protest, but for how long will we trust our future and the future of our unborn generations into the hands of those hardened criminal? Even those that are employed are complaining the so called salary isn't enough, after having to wake up as early as 4am if they stay in lagos and coming back home around 10pm, having no time for themselves and family, having nothing to give to siblings when they needed them, now tell me is that life? Is that worth protesting for? My dad has not been paid for the past 7 months, is that what I should protest for so I could join him in the so called job and let the government starve my family to death when I have one?
For how long shall will let our finances be determined by those that have no experience how hard it is to work for 1-7 months without being paid?
We are strong, agile, courageous, that's why we are called youths.
To protest is good, it's our right, but what if they provide job for us and in 2 to 3 years they lay us off or some of us are sacked? Will we protest again?
The thing is that the government won't solve our problems, no matter how loud we shout how hard we protest how deep we cry, they won't solve our problems. That's the bitter truth.
To me I think it is better we take our future into our hands, because that's the only way our next generation won't have to partake in this mess that we are.
Another truth is that if some of us are given a post in the government right now, we might do worse than they are doing.
Find small businesses to do that can help sustain our lives, so that we will even have the strength to protest if need arise. You don't have to have 100k to start business, there are business you can start with 60k and make a living out of it.
I'm a final year student and involved in a business, and I tell you sirs and ma, 67k per month is doing a lot in my life . Giving each other stipends won't help us, even though the protest my help but for how long? I've taken my time to learn from the rich and the poor and I've what diffentiate them is the ability to access information and use it well. That's what will liberate us all. INFORMATION. If you have information that can helps us financially, pls share with us. I already have one that is feeding me. This is my number 09039383495. Call me or message me on whatsapp.
Re: Youths/occupy/nigeria/2016 by Johnrake69: 8:42am On Jul 12, 2016
JonSnow:

You have a valid point. However, there are people who subscribe to the strategy: First who... Then what? Get the right guys onboard then, you decide where you want to drive to. Just a thought.
Re: Youths/occupy/nigeria/2016 by JonSnow(m): 8:48am On Jul 12, 2016
Johnrake69:

You have a valid point. However, there are people who subscribe to the strategy: First who... Then what? Get the right guys onboard then, you decide where you want to drive to. Just a thought.

Don't you think "we" would get more people on board if/when our mission statement is clear?

From the looks of it, we need to do something no other group has done before. This is meant to be a revolution of sorts, right?
Re: Youths/occupy/nigeria/2016 by JonSnow(m): 8:54am On Jul 12, 2016
gensteejay:

I beg to disagree; we have a clear direction: We seek basic human needs from our government officials. We are planning protest(s) to press home this agitation. We, the Nigerian masses, are tired of poor power supply, of unemployment, of the humongous pay and allowances these officials take in the face of harsh economy, among others. We are going to make a united stand now against our greedy and corrupt politicians and end our suffering in the nearest future.

like I said earlier, come up with a 3, 5 or 7 point mission statement. It should be our guideline, our demand, it shall be the life's blood of this movement.

This is my 3kobo.
Re: Youths/occupy/nigeria/2016 by Nobody: 8:59am On Jul 12, 2016
JonSnow:

like I said earlier, come up with a 3, 5 or 7 point mission statement. It should be our guideline, our demand, it shall be the life's blood of this movement.

This is my 3kobo.
Ok. That will be done soon. Let us come up with suggestions for the vision and mission statements. We need more people on board.
Re: Youths/occupy/nigeria/2016 by AkpanUnanam(m): 9:24am On Jul 12, 2016
Sirmuel1:

the page is ready,send me your name to add you up as admin or search voiceoftheyouth to join
Re: Youths/occupy/nigeria/2016 by AkpanUnanam(m): 9:35am On Jul 12, 2016
Vshock:
nice work. Where would the online meeting take place the website or nairaland And is there anything I can do
i think facebook group can help us for now! In which i have create a page for that purpose..... That is my input.
Re: Youths/occupy/nigeria/2016 by Johnrake69: 9:36am On Jul 12, 2016
Morning Everyone!

Vshock, Pushas, jonsnow, Beamborla, Morndew and gensteejay should please work together to come up with vision and mission statement for the site. And also compile a list of demands already laid down on this thread.

Cc:

Re: Youths/occupy/nigeria/2016 by AkpanUnanam(m): 9:52am On Jul 12, 2016
faaiz4ever:

did you open the page already if yes what is the next line of step,if No.....check mine.
Re: Youths/occupy/nigeria/2016 by faaiz4ever(m): 10:12am On Jul 12, 2016
Yes I have created this http://Facebook.com/voiceoftheyouths
I have made sirmuel1 admin. It has 45 likes already and it was created like 3 years ago.

So if we wanna use that like it and send me your name.

AkpanUnanam:
did you open the page already if yes what is the next line of step,if No.....check mine.
Re: Youths/occupy/nigeria/2016 by Litmus: 10:39am On Jul 12, 2016
African youth is a tool of the West. It is highly destructive and not helpful to Africa. One of these days, I'll explain why.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (20) (Reply)

100 Boko Haram Killed In Fight With Nigerian Troops / Saraki Reacts To Death Of David Ntekim-Rex / Yes, Aisha Buhari Eats From Poor People’s Money! By Festus Adedayo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.