Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,427 members, 7,815,964 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:21 PM

Youths/occupy/nigeria/2016 - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Youths/occupy/nigeria/2016 (27089 Views)

Why Nigerians Won't Occupy Nigeria As Fuel Subsidy Removed / Subsidy: Muslims Call On Labour To Dialogue Not Occupy Nigeria / Pro-Saraki Group Clashes With Occupy NASS Protesters (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (20) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Youths/occupy/nigeria/2016 by vickvilles(m): 11:53am On Jul 12, 2016
Add me up
Re: Youths/occupy/nigeria/2016 by omoharry(f): 12:22pm On Jul 12, 2016
nabiz:
As u ar replying this thread pls also sugggest what we ar going to demand from government. We the youth will decide the salaary and allowance of all these politicians. Imagine a tout in senate earning more than a prof. To serve Nigeria is not by force.
Age of a politician will not be more than 50 years. But that should be after this present government. Imagine how many years was david, saul and the like to rule Israel
implementation of the confab report..this will take care of devolution of power and to make the house of assembly a part time job with minimum sitting allowance only..no salary and pension for ex-governors and presidents
Re: Youths/occupy/nigeria/2016 by AkpanUnanam(m): 1:15pm On Jul 12, 2016
faaiz4ever:
Yes I have created this http://Facebook.com/voiceoftheyouths
I have made sirmuel1 admin. It has 45 likes already and it was created like 3 years ago.

So if we wanna use that like it and send me your name.

great let move forward.......... Emediong Godwin is my Name, so do the needful
Re: Youths/occupy/nigeria/2016 by faaiz4ever(m): 9:41pm On Jul 12, 2016
[quote author=AkpanUnanam post=47463868] great let move forward.......... Emediong Godwin is my Name, so do the needful[j
/quote]
Accept my request @Hadaina Faaiz
Re: Youths/occupy/nigeria/2016 by Nobody: 1:10am On Jul 13, 2016
Johnrake69:
Morning Everyone!

Vshock, Pushas, jonsnow, Beamborla, Morndew and gensteejay should please work together to come up with vision and mission statement for the site. And also compile a list of demands already laid down on this thread.

Cc:

omobs, banmee, Nulasco, Vshock, pacino26, Tobitrueman, pulsa, ucheokpara100, nairoland, Eleniyan15, Pushas, richylee, Sirmuel1, Pushas, tizblink, vickvilles, nabiz, sanyaboy, frajoe2reel, Pedrop, ikbnice, Amusaopeyemi, Hage, Naimolawale, Nulasco, achi4u, sweetyme001, talk4free Guseh, TonyeBarcanista, Sarhyd, princetigris, kuuljay, BiafranPrince, bet9ja, cindybella101, AkpanUnanam, melodythatsme, vickvilles, Milonis,
gensteejay, dadebayo1, csamii, Pushas, Maduawuchukwu, MORNDEW, hardniola, Klare, iamDiabolic, dollyjuke, ceekanMgazine, bank2k4real, Peezzy, Beamborla, bemyguest, Penielme, yhemsy62, Nafizzey, faaiz4ever, DDeliverer, Izonpikin, dollyjuke, adediranta, ThundrCork,
jking001, freeze001, OmoAjowa7, leofab, coolestdude01,
MaziOmenuko, signature2012, zeberebe, Amberon, Teespice, freeage7, Almajiri1, ArodeTsolaye, megawax8,
otokx, HIGHESTPOPORI, FoxyFlow, johnstar, cromz, HemmanuelRichy, Gchimez, eunisam, Nicholas007, Pushas, Bizibi, Obas101, InformedLola, Reyginus, TheFreeOne, Shininstar30, zibi5, jamace, dadebayo1, Okikiki, Sagealveen, ucheokpara100, ElCount, whirlwind7, Akeem1759, byrron, 400billionman, juman,
newbornmacho, percyshelu, Yemidaniels, An0nimus, sanandreas, Hisduchess, Thoniameek, vickvilles, csamii,
AnonyNymous, harrysjones, adonshow, ALAYORMII, Oyimeoyimemua, annnikky, Babzilla, Revolva, harrysjones, raziboi, goldenruby, mira4u, M4gunners, Klare, Alfred234, eddyj36, Mhizdiva, banmee, ouigy99, francizy, majekdom2, teeghurl, danwilliams4u, kayusre, Blessedward, sixtus3606, Ymodulus, SnowJay92, izzou,
niggi4life, sunnyside16, dmanj, Vickertony, mrkayusfit, corruptboss, goddys,druboon404, byrron, dadebayo1, snaketail22, faaiz4ever, swagaholic, frehage...
. Boss I will compile the list tomorrow morning. And I will suggest that our mission statements should be about youths being the leaders of today. Nd have also taken out time to reach out to other youths in my area nd they are all very ready to partake in this event. Like I have said am ready and willing to contribute in which ever way I can. Just let me know if there is any other things you want me to do. And you have done well so far. Weldon sir
Re: Youths/occupy/nigeria/2016 by Nobody: 1:14am On Jul 13, 2016
Johnrake69:

Great job! You have done well my friend. Those of us still active on this thread, can we fix a date for a meeting? The zeal is waning and it's really unfortunate.

Cc:
omobs, banmee, Nulasco, Vshock, pacino26, Tobitrueman, pulsa, ucheokpara100, nairoland, Eleniyan15, Pushas, richylee, Sirmuel1, Pushas, tizblink, vickvilles, nabiz, sanyaboy, frajoe2reel, Pedrop, ikbnice, Amusaopeyemi, Hage, Naimolawale, Nulasco, achi4u, sweetyme001, talk4free Guseh, TonyeBarcanista, Sarhyd, princetigris, kuuljay, BiafranPrince, bet9ja, cindybella101, AkpanUnanam, melodythatsme, vickvilles, Milonis,
gensteejay, dadebayo1, csamii, Pushas, Maduawuchukwu, MORNDEW, hardniola, Klare, iamDiabolic, dollyjuke, ceekanMgazine, bank2k4real, Peezzy, Beamborla, bemyguest, Penielme, yhemsy62, Nafizzey, faaiz4ever, DDeliverer, Izonpikin, dollyjuke, adediranta, ThundrCork,
MaziOmenuko, signature2012, zeberebe, Amberon, Teespice, freeage7, Almajiri1, ArodeTsolaye, megawax8,
otokx, HIGHESTPOPORI, FoxyFlow, johnstar, cromz, HemmanuelRichy, Gchimez, eunisam, Nicholas007, Pushas, Bizibi, Obas101, InformedLola, Reyginus, TheFreeOne, Shininstar30, zibi5, jamace, dadebayo1, Okikiki, Sagealveen, ucheokpara100, ElCount, whirlwind7, Akeem1759, byrron, 400billionman, juman,
newbornmacho, percyshelu, Yemidaniels, An0nimus, sanandreas, Hisduchess, Thoniameek, vickvilles, csamii,
AnonyNymous, harrysjones, adonshow, ALAYORMII, Oyimeoyimemua, annnikky, Babzilla, Revolva, harrysjones, raziboi, goldenruby, mira4u, M4gunners, Klare, Alfred234, eddyj36, Mhizdiva, banmee, ouigy99, francizy, majekdom2, teeghurl, danwilliams4u, kayusre, Blessedward, sixtus3606, Ymodulus, SnowJay92, izzou,
niggi4life, sunnyside16, dmanj, Vickertony, mrkayusfit, corruptboss, goddys,druboon404, byrron, dadebayo1, snaketail22
yes. It is about time we fix a meeting
Re: Youths/occupy/nigeria/2016 by AkpanUnanam(m): 6:53am On Jul 13, 2016
Vshock:
yes. It is about time we fix a meeting
please for the sake of people work......let fixed the meeting on saturday because is weekend and its less busy or sunday also less busy day, my input.
Re: Youths/occupy/nigeria/2016 by Nobody: 7:11am On Jul 13, 2016
AkpanUnanam:
please for the sake of people work......let fixed the meeting on saturday because is weekend and its less busy or sunday also less busy day, my input.
seconded
Re: Youths/occupy/nigeria/2016 by Nobody: 7:12am On Jul 13, 2016
Formation and agitation for this kind of group always pop up but hardly see the light of the day. If you doubt me, ask Ehixking...the dude that started National Association of Unemployed Graduates (NAUG). That dude and few others attempted to scratch the ground during the initial formation stage of the pressure group and by the time they were given a penny in form of empowerment in Agriculture, ask them where the group is today...died a natural death.

Op, i guess this is just another selfish move. Continue!!!
Re: Youths/occupy/nigeria/2016 by Nobody: 7:35am On Jul 13, 2016
pacino26:
In Shan Khan's voice; IT HAS BEGAN

When is it coming up? Let's try as much as we can to copy a letter of request for peaceful protest to all security agencies online, make sure youths that are into IT set up online feeds to the whole wide world. cool cool

@Op what then is the manifesto? There should be a master plan, a set out objective and goal. Who or what are we going to start boycotting? I hope it won't just be civil disobedience?

***Modified

Stating my simple plan

1 Calling out to all young artistes for a new jingle, if they can do memorial songs for late musicians they can as well do something for the tutus youths of today as a wake up call.

2 I like that presenter Freeze abi freezer, it's time he bombards the likes of Ben Bruce for an all out interview. Let's hear the senators talk.

3 The Senate is usually filled on Thursdays I believe, that's a good day to sit it out in the open for them there at the National Assembly.

4 Most importantly to have a 24/7 coverage of the whole process aired on YouTube. In case they hijack national broadcast.

Demands;

1- Immediate pay cut parallel to civil servants, politics is not a career as such their wages and allowances should be commiserate with the levels in the civil service depending on whether Federal or State. A uniform salary scheme.

2- I think we've had enough of this expatriate thing, a complete overhaul of the current set up of govt ministry and agencies encourage use of contractors in every facet of the economy leaving our teeming youths unemployed or discharged without benefits.

3-Social security; not just dolling out MasterCard National ID but making sure whatever #5000 they proposed goes in there amongst health insurance cover.

4-If Thomas Sankara could permit the use of the presidential hospital in Burkina Faso then the Aso Rock Hospital with all the huge budget accrued to it should be made for public use too.

5-They should buy their own cars like every Nigerian. Official cars to be managed by a national logistics Dept for all federal agencies.

6-The recommendations from the Confab is good and as such should be visited and passed. A Youth summit on the implementation of the initial recommendations and possible addition of more.

7- Civil servants are more of the administrative especially as regards industrial revolution in this country, we're struggling wm to be an industrialized nation owing to the fact that we have politicians heading ministries and part of the board in decision making and proactive planning. Time to let professionals take over, no more square pegs in round hole. If you're not qualified booth out!

Let's start from here.

I may have come a bit late to this thread and reading through, your post is one of the reasons i still believe we may never succeed in terms of ONE VOICE because your demands though good but are diverted which is civil service and i am sure you are a civil servant. I never saw you mention job creation, empowerment to the SMEs etc but has been civil service this ans civil service that and that is because your interest is there...selfish move. Thank you
Re: Youths/occupy/nigeria/2016 by pacino26(m): 8:04am On Jul 13, 2016
SerialGist:

I may have come a bit late to this thread and reading through, your post is one of the reasons i still believe we may never succeed in terms of ONE VOICE because your demands though good but are diverted which is civil service and i am sure you are a civil servant. I never saw you mention job creation, empowerment to the SMEs etc but has been civil service this ans civil service that and that is because your interest is there...selfish move. Thank you

Bro am not o. Lol, just rejected a job with a state ministry o.

My reasons are this; currently the frame work for development and industrialization is with the govt. It follows the seven point agenda of late Musa Yar'Adua viz:Power, agriculture, security, housing, education, health care, transportation.

Tell me aside Dangote trying to use govt tax to construct roads to further his business which local manufacturer or SME operator that can do same? The Nigerian state is currently managed with reckless concern by the civil service, the contractors only play the script from them. They are the real corruption Maina and co who are they? I raised the issue of salary of the political office holders, I raised the issue of having professionals at the fore front of economic planning and implementation. Is that too much to ask or does that make me bias? The police, army, navy all make the civil service mind you. How many corruption cases have they been able to prosecute without the use of force to detain and intimidate their suspects.

Youth empowerment, employment and SMEs can thrive only when the core driving elements of the society work in consonance with each other. We need a synergistic platform between the executive legislative and judiciary. Innoson as an entrepreneur is manufacturing cars, what laws are in ground to promote his business? We only see the lip service attention given to the procurement act as amended cuz just a couple of weeks Ebonyi state distributed brand new Toyota SUVs.

Read well again and before your stereotype me kindly go thru most of my posts or comments.

I wouldn't want to even lecture on the effects of this failed system in the oil and gas. Do you know that the SON can't even come up with standardization in the manufacturing of engineering components? That we have to rely on ASME or the British system. COREN NAPE are politicized. Who gets to overhaul and implement an open and vibrant curriculum for our universities?

Guy my rage is not for you but you kinda pressed a button.

Have a nice day.

3 Likes

Re: Youths/occupy/nigeria/2016 by pacino26(m): 8:53am On Jul 13, 2016
AkpanUnanam:
the page is ready,send me your name to add you up as admin or search voiceoftheyouth to join

I so can't get a hold of the page. Help pls with a direct link. The one I lifted from the thread got little or nothing in it and the web page is just a Youth crest.

Cc Johnrake69, Vshock, Pushas, jonsnow, Beamborla, Morndew.
Re: Youths/occupy/nigeria/2016 by AkpanUnanam(m): 9:09am On Jul 13, 2016
SerialGist:
Formation and agitation for this kind of group always pop up but hardly see the light of the day. If you doubt me, ask Ehixking...the dude that started National Association of Unemployed Graduates (NAUG). That dude and few others attempted to scratch the ground during the initial formation stage of the pressure group and by the time they were given a penny in form of empowerment in Agriculture, ask them where the group is today...died a natural death.

this is not another selfish move and don't think that because previous move fall means every other move will allso fall,ask yourself those that make change in this world are there having two head? I think the answer is No.... Please join us to make it reality, leave Negative input! We can make it.
Re: Youths/occupy/nigeria/2016 by Johnrake69: 9:10am On Jul 13, 2016
SerialGist:

Mr serialgist, am not the leader here nor the spokes person for this group, and if you would like to volunteer to act in any of those capacity please indicate and the house will consider it for approval.

You don't just accuse people based on your prior experience. And I certainly don't think I have done anything wrong initiating an idea that could address the social injustice in Nigeria.

Cc:
niggi4life, sunnyside16, dmanj, Vickertony, mrkayusfit, corruptboss, goddys,druboon404, byrron, dadebayo1, snaketail22, faaiz4ever, swagaholic, frehage...
Re: Youths/occupy/nigeria/2016 by Sirmuel1(m): 11:33am On Jul 13, 2016
SerialGist:

Is that what you think?
Re: Youths/occupy/nigeria/2016 by pacino26(m): 11:36am On Jul 13, 2016
Sirmuel1:

Is that what you think?

The facebook page and the website, are they still under construction?

Kindly ignore that poster abeg.
Re: Youths/occupy/nigeria/2016 by Sirmuel1(m): 11:48am On Jul 13, 2016
pacino26:

Re: Youths/occupy/nigeria/2016 by Nobody: 11:49am On Jul 13, 2016
SerialGist:

Selfish? You call this selfish?

I need to know your definition of selfish please....

Pessimists are a positive drive for me, I don't know about 'the house'...

We need a ash tag please.... Ash tag should be going on Twitter already..... #leadersoftoday #youtharise #truefederalism
Re: Youths/occupy/nigeria/2016 by Just4mide: 2:09pm On Jul 13, 2016
I took time to go all through the comment and i have been seeing is complains about the Failed system.

Its a known fact the genocracts has destroyed our country and they keep recycle themselves in power.Lets form a common allegiance across political nd ethnic divide to take our country back for this unsurpers and draw a durable road-map for the success of the propose youth movement.

I suggest theres should bé representatives from each state and they will converge on whatapp to meet regularly to ormulate polices for the success of the group while a facebook page/twitter handle should bé created for larger members..

Am in 100%

2 Likes

Re: Youths/occupy/nigeria/2016 by Nobody: 2:43pm On Jul 13, 2016
Thoniameek:

Selfish? You call this selfish?

I need to know your definition of selfish please....

Pessimists are a positive drive for me, I don't know about 'the house'...

We need a ash tag please.... Ash tag should be going on Twitter already..... #leadersoftoday #youtharise #truefederalism

Wait until the Op and few others are invited into a secret meeting and each settled with a token like N5m and see if you'll see any of them agitating for anything again. Mind you, i am not trying to be pessimistic here but antecedent, we shouldnt forget it.
Re: Youths/occupy/nigeria/2016 by Nobody: 3:22pm On Jul 13, 2016
Johnrake69:

Mr serialgist, am not the leader here nor the spokes person for this group, and if you would like to volunteer to act in any of those capacity please indicate and the house will consider it for approval.

You don't just accuse people based on your prior experience. And I certainly don't think I have done anything wrong initiating an idea that could address the social injustice in Nigeria.

Cc:
do you know that is zeel I see in you that is still keeping me here
Re: Youths/occupy/nigeria/2016 by Beamborla(f): 5:59pm On Jul 13, 2016
Johnrake69:
Morning Everyone!

Vshock, Pushas, jonsnow, Beamborla, Morndew and gensteejay should please work together to come up with vision and mission statement for the site. And also compile a list of demands already laid down on this thread.

Just saw this mention now, where are those I'm to work with? How do we go about it?
Re: Youths/occupy/nigeria/2016 by Nobody: 6:09pm On Jul 13, 2016
SerialGist:

Wait until the Op and few others are invited into a secret meeting and each settled with a token like N5m and see if you'll see any of them agitating for anything again. Mind you, i am not trying to be pessimistic here but antecedent, we shouldnt forget it.

I get where you're coming from now....

Still doesn't stop us from trying
Re: Youths/occupy/nigeria/2016 by Nobody: 6:17pm On Jul 13, 2016
Beamborla:

Just saw this mention now, where are those I'm to work with? How do we go about it?
I am among the youths here who indicated interest to be part of the writing team. We will draft the mission and vision statements for the coalition including some engaging articles which will be posted on the website and other forums. I suggest we create a WhatsApp group for this objective so that we can collate inputs and suggestions from every member of the writing team.
Re: Youths/occupy/nigeria/2016 by Nafizzey(m): 6:30pm On Jul 13, 2016
fully behind this course..
Re: Youths/occupy/nigeria/2016 by pacino26(m): 6:32pm On Jul 13, 2016
gensteejay:

I am among the youths here who indicated interest to be part of the writing team. We will draft the mission and vision statements for the coalition including some engaging articles which will be posted on the website and other forums. I suggest we create a WhatsApp group for this objective so that we can collate inputs and suggestions from every member of the writing team.

Sign me up! A simple pm will do, I'd love to share some articles.

BBM 7B1EBDDA

Cc

Vshock, Pushas, jonsnow, Beamborla, Morndew
Re: Youths/occupy/nigeria/2016 by Nobody: 6:39pm On Jul 13, 2016
Reporting for duty.
Re: Youths/occupy/nigeria/2016 by Nobody: 6:50pm On Jul 13, 2016
pacino26:

Sign me up! A simple pm will do, I'd love to share some articles.

BBM 7B1EBDDA

Cc

Vshock, Pushas, jonsnow, Beamborla, Morndew
Noted. Before we proceed, I would like to seek the attention of my comrades here as regards my suggestion that a WhatsApp group be created for writers here. What do we think about this?

Cc: Vshock, Pushas, jonsnow, pacino26, Beamborla,
Morndew and Johnrake69.
Re: Youths/occupy/nigeria/2016 by Nobody: 7:10pm On Jul 13, 2016
gensteejay:

Noted. Before we proceed, I would like to seek the attention of my comrades here as regards my suggestion that a WhatsApp group be created for writers here. What do we think about this?

Cc: Vshock, Pushas, jonsnow, pacino26, Beamborla,
Morndew and Johnrake69.
I will prefer a BBM group for many reasons.
Re: Youths/occupy/nigeria/2016 by pacino26(m): 7:13pm On Jul 13, 2016
Pushas:

Seconded.

Cc

Vshock, Pushas, jonsnow, Beamborla, Morndew, Johnrake69
Re: Youths/occupy/nigeria/2016 by Sirmuel1(m): 7:33pm On Jul 13, 2016
pacino26:

The Facebook is fully active now. Its just a shame we haven't gotten at least a 100likes.
Re: Youths/occupy/nigeria/2016 by Nobody: 7:36pm On Jul 13, 2016
Pushas:
Please, outline your reasons.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (20) (Reply)

Before Vs Now: El-rufai On Restructuring Of Nigeria / 2019: Igbos Are Lazy Thinkers, Acting Strangely – Prof. ABC Nwosu / Buhari Arrives In Saudi Arabia (Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 100
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.