Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,771 members, 7,827,848 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 05:51 PM

My Brother Will Make Me Cry To My Dead Parents Against Him - Family (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Brother Will Make Me Cry To My Dead Parents Against Him (44107 Views)

‘my Brother-in-law Wants To Share Bed With Me’ / My Brother Is Too Lazy. / My Brother In Law Barged Into My Room While I Was Unclad!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Brother Will Make Me Cry To My Dead Parents Against Him by baum1: 9:21pm On Jul 09, 2016
banmee:

I don't know if you are serious or not, but I have been thinking of doing something like this come first of January. It would be nice if we, and by we, i mean people who are not rich but can help students in Nigeria with small stipends to sustain them in school. I am thinking of giving one deserving student, no older than 22, 50 to a 100 dollars a month for a year, every year. Problem is the selection process. What do you think?

In fact Banmee, it appears many people think the same thing simultaneously.. I have been thinking of doing this same thing that you have proposed..

I think the issue will be in selecting students who are bright and indigent..Getting bright students is not hard..Their universities can always be contacted to verify results..The problem is being able to decipher the students that are actually indigent and who would value this gesture..It's good to be bright and rich students, but such gesture shouldn't be for this set of students...

Hopefully, this second part will be solved via suggestions..

For the selection process, this can be done in different ways. One way is to administer an online or offline aptitude tests/exams on students who satisfy the bright and indigent criteria.
Re: My Brother Will Make Me Cry To My Dead Parents Against Him by baum1: 9:26pm On Jul 09, 2016
uplawal:
Christian way of life is evil i tell you,no reasonable muslim will reason the way you just did,from islamic perspective,its the duty of the brother to finance her on her education and all until she get married,its her right which is incubent upon him to fulfil,thankGod for Islam.

First, I assume you are bright and intelligent.

Second, based on the above assumption, I am seriously surprised at the generalization contained in your post.

How did you come to that conclusion? With how many data points? Mind pointing to a source?

1 Like

Re: My Brother Will Make Me Cry To My Dead Parents Against Him by taryour(f): 9:38pm On Jul 09, 2016
uplawal:
Were you bitting by a rapid dog?cos i can smell madness from you afar,i have just told you fact in my religion,pls die in your rage madman.

Am not disappointed. Telling someone to "die" someone you don't know, have never seen before might never see? I guess that's what your quran/religion teaches right

you are a big disgrace to your religion. may God forgive you.

8 Likes

Re: My Brother Will Make Me Cry To My Dead Parents Against Him by buoye1(m): 9:42pm On Jul 09, 2016
uplawal:
Were you bitting by a rapid dog?cos i can smell madness from you afar,i have just told you fact in my religion,pls die in your rage madman.
From your choice of English, one will know who you are! "Bitting"..."rapid"...no be only rapid na fast and furious dog..Idio+ with no sense.. Just go over your comments and ask your self what sense you've made so far...! Brainless pathetic she goat...you'll be miserable if you don't get outta my mention.... Brainwashed religious bigot!

11 Likes

Re: My Brother Will Make Me Cry To My Dead Parents Against Him by Acidosis(m): 5:33am On Jul 10, 2016
Luckygurl:

Lol!!
I think you meant "Humbledbygrace" not "Humbledbyfaith".
I thought same too before I digged around and found out they ain't same.

Ohhhh true, thanks dear cheesy
Re: My Brother Will Make Me Cry To My Dead Parents Against Him by 2sexynet: 5:41am On Jul 10, 2016
Demainman1:

E be like say the liquor still dey shack you grin
She said days of thirst as in needing water. Not 30 days o.

Drink more water make your eyes clear cheesy
lol, freecocoa matter tire me o

1 Like

Re: My Brother Will Make Me Cry To My Dead Parents Against Him by humbledbyfaith(m): 7:10am On Jul 10, 2016
InvertedHammer:

/ How much do you need for your clearance?
\
that i shouldn't disclose Thanks for your show of concern... Happy Sunday friend cry
Re: My Brother Will Make Me Cry To My Dead Parents Against Him by Dohmeenick(m): 10:11am On Jul 10, 2016
Hmm
Re: My Brother Will Make Me Cry To My Dead Parents Against Him by Curdlebug(m): 11:12am On Jul 10, 2016
humbledbyfaith:
that i shouldn't disclose
Thanks for your show of concern...
Happy Sunday friend cry
If you have gotten any form of help so far, let us know
Re: My Brother Will Make Me Cry To My Dead Parents Against Him by humbledbyfaith(m): 11:17am On Jul 10, 2016
Curdlebug:
If you have gotten any form of help so far, let us know
hi....happy Sunday...
haven't gotten anything but the advises here have gone a long way in letting me know I'm not alone...
happy Sunday once again.. smiley
Re: My Brother Will Make Me Cry To My Dead Parents Against Him by 2sexynet: 12:00pm On Jul 10, 2016
humbledbyfaith:
hi....happy Sunday...
haven't gotten anything but the advises here have gone a long way in letting me know I'm not alone...
happy Sunday once again.. smiley
if someone offer to help you here, do not because of the disgusting comments reject it. It's normal because that is what makes us Nigerians.

You are even lucky that some are willing to help you. Several years ago I needed money for admission and I created a thread here on Nairaland but people made fun of me, some called me scammer, some asked if I do not have family, some said I should go and carry bricks and it went on.

Our perception to life is a resultant of our background and some do not know that some extended family are completely useless because it's devoid of love, support and understanding.

That's life as a Nigerian.

2 Likes

Re: My Brother Will Make Me Cry To My Dead Parents Against Him by humbledbyfaith(m): 12:07pm On Jul 10, 2016
2sexynet:
if someone offer to help you here, do not because of the disgusting comments reject it. It's normal because that is what makes us Nigerians.

You are even lucky that some are willing to help you. Several years ago I needed money for admission and I created a thread here on Nairaland but people made fun of me, some called me scammer, some asked if I do not have family, some said I should go and carry bricks and it went on.

Our perception to life is a resultant of our background and some do not know that some extended family are completely useless because it's devoid of love, support and understanding.

That's life as a Nigerian.
thank you so much sister..
I decided to ignore some comments here that reeked of immaturity..

well I pray they don't experience such things as o have experienced in life...

thanks again.. cry

1 Like

Re: My Brother Will Make Me Cry To My Dead Parents Against Him by ogashman(m): 1:31pm On Jul 10, 2016
ur brother's wife has turned ur bro into a robot that does her biddings without much ado.
but there is light at d end of the tunnel if u hold on.
u can get money from them by feigning ill health.

1 Like

Re: My Brother Will Make Me Cry To My Dead Parents Against Him by taryour(f): 9:56pm On Jul 10, 2016
uplawal I know you quoted me. unfortunately I dint get to see it before it was hidden/deleted.

it's too obvious what you typed was horrible and as usual full of hate hence the reason it was hidden. it is well with you, if all Muslims were to be like you, this life would have been far worse.

God help you.

2 Likes

Re: My Brother Will Make Me Cry To My Dead Parents Against Him by NUkachukwu: 9:44am On Jul 11, 2016
Hello All,

If you ask me, there is absolutely no need for these quarrels and exchange of words. In as much as I appreciate every contribution on this thread, I still reiterate that some comments are unnecessary.

I presume the op is here for assistance(moral or otherwise) and if you feel you are uncomfortable with her story, rather than compound the situation, you simply wish her well and move on.

The simple fact that I personally sold recharge cards in the streets as a graduate at some point in my life, drove commercial bus, doesnt mean every other graduate should experience same.

We have all had our ups and down at some point in our lives(some are just going through that phase).

I suggest we encourage her and profer meaningful advice rather than lambaste her. If she is lying about her situation, it will always catch up with her someday but please, dont base your response on the assumption that she is lying except your are sure she is.

Cheers...

2 Likes

Re: My Brother Will Make Me Cry To My Dead Parents Against Him by Exodus23v25(m): 12:03pm On Jul 11, 2016
Today’s Word– New Garments
TODAY’S SCRIPTURE:

“Provide for those who grieve…a garment of praise instead of a spirit of despair. They will be called oaks of righteousness, a planting of the Lord for the display of his splendor.”
Isaiah 61:3, NIV

TODAY’S WORD:

Do you need a new garment today? Not a new physical garment, but what’s covering your mind and emotions. Are you clothed with despair and disappointment? Are you wearing “heaviness?” If you’ve gone through a hurtful situation, the Bible says there is a time to grieve, and it’s important to release that hurt to the Lord. But the Bible also tells us that God wants to give you a garment of praise instead of a spirit of heaviness and despair.

Are the garments of yesterday weighing you down and holding you back? It’s time for a new garment. The garment of praise is light and filled with peace and joy. Don’t carry those heavy burdens around anymore. Choose to forgive those who have hurt you and praise God for what He’s doing in your life today. Thank Him for restoring you, even if you don’t see it yet. Just like this verse says, you will be as strong and secure as a tall oak tree, displaying His splendor all the days of your life!

PRAYER FOR TODAY:

“Heavenly Father, I come to You today and ask that You take off my old, heavy garments of despair and heaviness. Make me new today. Give me a garment of praise so that I can display Your glory and splendor in Jesus’ name. Amen.“
Re: My Brother Will Make Me Cry To My Dead Parents Against Him by Image123(m): 12:56pm On Jul 11, 2016
humbledbyfaith:
hi family landers,

I am so depressed as of right now..

I have a bro who recently got married to his fiancée..

we were happy as a family until my bro's wife started interfering in between my bro and I..
it all started when I had an urgent need in school, I approached my bro with the most humble scenery one can ever imagine, his wife just cut me short, and said they was no money, I was shocked as my bro sided with her and said they was no money.
I took it in good faith and went away.
later that day ,when they were back from work,I overhead my bro talking to someone in his bedroom..
I went closer and behold my bro was talking to his wife sis asking her if she had seen the alert of the money he sent to her..immediately I heard that,I just sat on the floor and sobbed loudly..

I wonder why my bro will be treating me and my junior bro like this ,we are orphans (lost dad and mum the same day in a car accident)my bro is in jss3 in a public school(my bro's wife changed him with the pretext that they couldn't afford the private school fee).me,I'm in my final year in the university, just remaining my project and my final year school fees..
I am really depressed as my mates have already gone to nysc..

I can't go to anywhere because of clearance and my bro has turned a deaf ear to my appeal to set me up with something I can do to at least clear my self in school..
I am not a lazy person, God forbid that I be lazy but I don't have the necessary incentive to startup something..

I am just fed up with the whole scenario, I have thought of suicide, but ithat will be foolishness as my junior bro will be left in this world to suffer alone..

If my parents are seeing all that is happening, they should please intervene on our behalf because I'm almost giving up... ;'(

sorry for bothering you all with my trouble

You are jealous, don't be. Your brother's wife has been joined to your brother, you are the one actually interfering. No problem asking your brother, but ask wisely too. Stop asking like he owes you, and do not depend on him alone. Ask others too, ultimately as a supposed believer humbled by faith, your help comes from God, not your brother. If God uses your brother, fine. But if not, move on, and do not use it against him.
Joh 3:27 John answered and said, A man can receive nothing, except it be given him from heaven.

No need to cry or curse, no progress there.

2 Likes

Re: My Brother Will Make Me Cry To My Dead Parents Against Him by humbledbyfaith(m): 8:38pm On Jul 11, 2016
Image123:

You are jealous, don't be. Your brother's wife has been joined to your brother, you are the one actually interfering. No problem asking your brother, but ask wisely too. Stop asking like he owes you, and do not depend on him alone. Ask others too, ultimately as a supposed believer humbled by faith, your help comes from God, not your brother. If God uses your brother, fine. But if not, move on, and do not use it against him.
Joh 3:27 John answered and said, A man can receive nothing, except it be given him from heaven.

No need to cry or curse, no progress there.
good evening dear..

I just saw ur post now,was in school..

well,everyone has freedom of speech, but you shouldn't use unverifiable words as being jealous..
I don't mean to sound rude dear...

I skipped some parts of the story about the I'll treatment given to me by my bro's wife..
well ,let's leave that aside..
hope your day was good
Re: My Brother Will Make Me Cry To My Dead Parents Against Him by Godmother(f): 9:40am On Jul 12, 2016
humbledbyfaith:
that i shouldn't disclose
Thanks for your show of concern...
Happy Sunday friend cry

Pls disclose, dear. Send a PM to that moniker telling of how much you need. He or she might just help you out.

Then to your topic:
A lot of people have given you terrific advice here. Please don't listen to anyone saying your brother and his wife are demons. In actual fact, they owe you nothing and any assistance they render to you should be appreciated. Not saying they shouldn't help, but if they can't then you shouldn't cry foul and come here threatening to invoke one dead parent or something.

Continue with making your hair. It doesn't and won't in any way affect your education if you plan it well. Making hair is hot cake and you can set aside just few hours a day, few days of the week and make enough to cater for your needs and still have some spill-over for your kid brother.

If your elder brother sees you doing this, it will achieve two things:

1. You will gain A LOT of respect in his eyes.
2. You will challenge him to start fending for you both again.

You sitting down and crying "God" everyday will not help matters. And He will not come down to give you naira, madam. He already gave you a brain and some good skills. Continue using them.

7 Likes

Re: My Brother Will Make Me Cry To My Dead Parents Against Him by Curdlebug(m): 11:52am On Jul 12, 2016
Godmother:

Pls disclose, dear. Send a PM to that moniker telling of how much you need. He or she might just help you out.

Then to your topic:
A lot of people have given you terrific advice here. Please don't listen to anyone saying your brother and his wife are demons. In actual fact, they owe you nothing and any assistance they render to you should be appreciated. Not saying they shouldn't help, but if they can't then you shouldn't cry foul and come here threatening to invoke one dead parent or something.

Continue with making your hair. It doesn't and won't in any way affect your education if you plan it well. Making hair is hot cake and you can set aside just few hours a day, few days of the week and make enough to cater for your needs and still have some spill-over for your kid brother.

You sitting down and crying "God" everyday will not help matters. And He will not come down to give you naira, madam. He already gave you a brain and some good skills. Continue using them.
sweeeet talk! make i just follow you.
Re: My Brother Will Make Me Cry To My Dead Parents Against Him by Favored4gud: 5:33pm On Jul 13, 2016
Thank you for this advise!! the best so far!!
Godmother:

Then to your topic:

1 Like

Re: My Brother Will Make Me Cry To My Dead Parents Against Him by humbledbyfaith(m): 4:57am On Jul 14, 2016
mafiaso9:
How much money do you need to compete your studies and what's your full name so I can try and forward some funds for you via western union?
good morning Sir,

in total is 74k... God bless sir..
I can be reached at hopeagganyi@gmail.com..
Regards..
Re: My Brother Will Make Me Cry To My Dead Parents Against Him by Exodus23v25(m): 8:28am On Jul 14, 2016
Today’s Word– God-Given Dreams
TODAY’S SCRIPTURE:

“A man’s mind plans his way [as he journeys through life], but the Lord directs his steps and establishes them.”
Proverbs 16:9, AMP

TODAY’S WORD:

Oftentimes, children have dreams for the future—dreams of being ball players, actresses, super heroes and firemen. But most of the time, those dreams end up just being wishful thinking. As we get older, we grow out of them.

It’s good to play and have dreams as children, but when we grow up, we have to know the difference between a God-given dream and a wish. I remember when I was a little boy, I dreamed of playing basketball for the Houston Rockets. That was definitely a fantasy! Beyond our wishes though, we all have dreams placed inside of us by the Creator of the universe. In fact, the Latin word for “desire” means “from the Father.” One way to tell if a dream is really from God is that the desire won’t go away. You may have had it for years, but you still can’t let it go. In fact, you may have tried to let it go, but it won’t let go of you.

Today, search your heart and allow those God-given dreams to surface. Remember, He placed those desires inside of you for a purpose. Ask Him to order your steps as you embrace the destiny He has in store for you!

PRAYER FOR TODAY:

“Father, thank You for the dreams and desires You’ve placed within me. I submit them to You and ask that You direct my steps. Search my heart and cause my thoughts to become agreeable to Your Word and to the plan You have for me in Jesus’ name. Amen.“
Re: My Brother Will Make Me Cry To My Dead Parents Against Him by humbledbyfaith(m): 7:13pm On Jul 14, 2016
alausaone:
Good morning i read your post, contact me i will help you out......stay cool and remain blessed......... if your brother doesnt help you do not be disappointed, i was once like that but today the rest is history.......i am not writting this to seek attentions but to encourage you, your presennt situation does not determine your tomorrow..............in my only way i will bail u out...
saw your mail...
it has been replied..
Best regards
Re: My Brother Will Make Me Cry To My Dead Parents Against Him by humbledbyfaith(m): 7:15pm On Jul 14, 2016
NUkachukwu I sight you dear.. hope you are cool smiley Best regards
Re: My Brother Will Make Me Cry To My Dead Parents Against Him by Exodus23v25(m): 11:04am On Jul 15, 2016
Today’s Word – His Grace Is Enough
TODAY’S SCRIPTURE:

“For by grace you have been saved through faith. And this is not your own doing; it is the gift of God, not a result of works, so that no one may boast.”
Ephesians 2:8-9, ESV

TODAY’S WORD:

People often wonder if they deserve God’s favor. They easily talk and sing about His amazing grace, but do you know what grace really is? It’s unmerited favor. It’s kindness from God that we don’t deserve. We don’t have to earn God’s grace; we don’t have to earn favor. We simply receive it by faith in our hearts as a free gift. No matter what has happened in your past, you can receive God’s grace and forgiveness. His grace is all you need to have a new beginning.

Today, let His grace empower and strengthen you. Extend His grace to others. Instead of holding mistakes over other people’s heads, why don’t you hold out favor and forgiveness? Let God’s grace flow through you and experience His power increasing in you. Walk in His favor in greater ways and embrace the life of victory He has prepared for you!

PRAYER FOR TODAY:

“Father, thank You for Your goodness, favor and grace. I receive it and ask that You help me extend it to others. Let me live as an example of Your love in everything I do in Jesus’ name. Amen.“
Re: My Brother Will Make Me Cry To My Dead Parents Against Him by Onegai(f): 10:11am On Aug 05, 2016
Update: please check out the following thread:

https://www.nairaland.com/3268948/it-now-never-me-dear

The OP made a plea for money and it was discovered that her parents were alive and well and she had even done her NYSC, contrary to what she said. So maybe someone as using her name to try and scam people. Even though the OP was asked several times to confirm or deny the allegations, she strangely went silent (though her profile says she had been on NL this morning).

If you wish to continue, do so at your own cost. Thanks.

9 Likes 7 Shares

Re: My Brother Will Make Me Cry To My Dead Parents Against Him by taryour(f): 10:14am On Aug 05, 2016
Onegai:
Update: please check out the following thread:

https://www.nairaland.com/3268948/it-now-never-me-dear

The OP made a plea for money and it was discovered that her parents were alive and well and she had even done her NYSC, contrary to what she said. So maybe someone as using her name to try and scam people. Even though the OP was asked several my to confirm or deny the allegations, she strangely went silent (though her profile says she had been on NL this morning).

If you wish to continue, do so at your own cost. Thanks.

GBAM !!!! .Thanks for this sis.
Re: My Brother Will Make Me Cry To My Dead Parents Against Him by blank(f): 1:33pm On Aug 05, 2016
@ Onegai, can you include the link that shows that boy that had his aunt frustrating him being exposed as a scammer?
Re: My Brother Will Make Me Cry To My Dead Parents Against Him by Onegai(f): 1:40pm On Aug 05, 2016
blank:
can you include the link that shows that boy that had his aunt frustrating him being exposed as a scammer?

I tried looking for it but too many pages back. I think RoyalRoy pinned it to the startpage at some point in time, to warn people.

I just did a search. The topic has been removed but his moniker was VineHands.
https://www.nairaland.com/2860404/when-helper-turns-back-advice/3#42004493

WAIT! VINEHANDS WAS IN UNIVERSITY OF CALABAR STUDYING BIOCHEMISTRY!

Ahahahahhahahahahhhhaaa grin grin grin grin grin grin I'm about to pee on myself with laughter!

(But he's enterprising sha. He'd make a great businessman).

Tearoses, cococandy, ifyalways, thorpido, Ioannes, royalroy,InvertedHammer, Seun et all. I think we need to contact a lecturer or bursar at department of Biochem, UniCal. Someone there (either a student or an staff) is repeatedly trying a scam with people's identities. Also contact Hope Aganyi, because he had all her documents in the other thread (admission and dockets). I believe the last time, he also had documents for a male student and that apparently wasn't his first time. We can fish him out.

Who's ready for some sleuthing!

2 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply)

How Do I Deal With An Emotionally Cheating Husband / Bulldog: If My Daughter Wants To Be A Prostitue At 18, I Won't Discourage Her / Lessons Learnt From The NYC Man Shot Dead By His Neighbour

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.