Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,848 members, 7,810,267 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:45 AM

Books You Must Read! - Literature (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Books You Must Read! (42831 Views)

Five Books You Must Have Read As A Nigerian / Outrageous Books You Won’t Believe Actually Exist / Books You Will Never Get Tired Of Reading. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Books You Must Read! by Ogaga4Luv(m): 7:01pm On May 31, 2010
[size=13pt]okay. . . . . wink[/size]
Stan24:

I have read it too!
Re: Books You Must Read! by Topsido(m): 8:20pm On Jun 18, 2010

Re: Books You Must Read! by Nobody: 9:25pm On Jun 18, 2010
For building self-esteem and reawakening the soul at work, a must read book "Heart at Work" by Jack Canfield and Jacqueline Miller
Re: Books You Must Read! by barrykayus(m): 6:21pm On Jun 22, 2010
Emmandus,
i just want to start reading can u pls send me relevant books especially THINK AND GROW RICH BY NAPOLEON HILLS and any other one.
my addy is barrykayus@yahoo.com

thks
Re: Books You Must Read! by Orikinla(m): 8:32pm On Jun 22, 2010
Resurrection, the novel written by one of the greatest writers of all time, Leo Tolstoy.
The novel made a positive impact in my life.
Re: Books You Must Read! by Folubaba(m): 5:39am On Jun 29, 2010
Also a book addict.EM
Re: Books You Must Read! by MyneWhite1(f): 11:01pm On Jun 29, 2010
Read one Nigerian book a month, you'll thank me later.
Re: Books You Must Read! by joanana(f): 6:14pm On Jun 30, 2010
please!!!!!!! Post link on the ebook so i can download n read it on ma mobile. Taz. grin
Re: Books You Must Read! by Nobody: 3:11pm On Jul 03, 2010
Orikinla:

Resurrection, the novel written by one of the greatest writers of all time, Leo Tolstoy.
The novel made a positive impact in my life.

I heard mixed reviews about that novel. But it's still on my To-Read list.
Re: Books You Must Read! by member53(m): 4:54pm On Jul 03, 2010
@poster nice thread n' bigupz to all. I'm in 4 any nice book/ebook, anybody can send me a copy, my email - slizzsms@yahoo.com.

Thanks.
Re: Books You Must Read! by Nobody: 3:03pm On Jul 06, 2010
A must read for me is "the beautiful ones are not yet born" by kwame ayew.i read it way back in sec school i have since reread it like 10 times i love it.it also reminds me constantly of the Nigerian problem.shogun by james clavell is beautiful i believe it had a sequel pls anyone own,knw of it e.t.c shld help me get it
Re: Books You Must Read! by Emmandus(m): 9:39am On Aug 02, 2010
HAPPY NEW MONTH!
GUys thanks so much for making our thread lively. Apologies for being a bit passive on the thread for a while, I have just been busy with academics ,as I round off my University degree by God's grace, about 2 months from now.
I wish u all happy new month!
Last month, I read WHY YOU ACT THE WAY YOU DO By Tim Lahaye- It's worth reading, on your Temperaments. I am currently Reading FATHERHOOD by Bill Cosby.
@BarryKayus nice to learn of your great resolve to read! I just sent you Think and grow Rich by Hills. Share your feelings with us all after download!
@ White, Nigeria is coming up and we will get there.Give Us TIme! Indeed to all of us READ A GOOD BOOK EACH MONTH!
Your GREAT Friend,
Dunsin Ayeni
(Emmandus)
Re: Books You Must Read! by Emmandus(m): 9:42am On Aug 05, 2010
Guys I have just finished FATHERHOOD by Bill Cosby and I think he has done a great job with a bit of humor and reality. I am presently reading a book on marital relationship by a renown Nigerian Author and female Speaker of blessed memory,
Re: Books You Must Read! by Emmandus(m): 11:57am On Aug 23, 2010
Hi every one.I want to challenge you to follow the Leadership guru John C. Maxwell.
Re: Books You Must Read! by ifyegede(m): 9:59pm On Aug 24, 2010
@ emmandus pls kindly tell me where i can get free e-copies of books,novels e.t.c. My email address is ifeanyi2excel@yahoo.com
Re: Books You Must Read! by missyp1(f): 2:14pm On Aug 26, 2010
hi pls you can send me any good book at chibprecious@yahoo.com
Re: Books You Must Read! by LagosBobo1(m): 7:42pm On Aug 26, 2010
I hope that you guys are not just Novel people. If you like non-fictions, then my book is coming out next week.
I will keep y'all posted. And if you need more information feel free to shoot me an e-mail kuppid@gmail.com
Re: Books You Must Read! by Nellyon(f): 10:46am On Sep 02, 2010
any book by Dean Koontz is a must read
if you want thrilling true crime stories its Ann Rule
Master of the game,Mistress of the game----sydney sheldon etc etc etc
Re: Books You Must Read! by lioncoolst(m): 4:09pm On Feb 18, 2011
THINGS FALL APART - Chinua Achebe

THE CONCUBINE - Elechi Amadi

WEEP NOT CHILD - Ngugi Wa Thiongo

TIME TO KILL, THE RUNAWAY JURY, THE CLIENT, THE PARTNER, PAINTED HOUSE, THE PELICAN BRIEF - John Grisham;

THE JURY - Steve Martini;

THE 48 LAWS OF POWER - Robert Greene

WOMEN ARE FROM VENUS, MEN ARE FROM MARS - John

ARROW OF GOD -

ANIMAL FARM - George Orwell
Re: Books You Must Read! by Ib5302(m): 12:04pm On Feb 24, 2011
pls wil aprc8 it if u can forward me all or some of d books u hv thr in pdf format @ ib_baba@ymail.com
Re: Books You Must Read! by Damolux01(m): 11:03am On Feb 26, 2011
@Emmandus, thumbs up bro! Just chkd n read ur blogs, ur too much, infacj, u shuld b expectin my request on fbk and to oda readers and writers in d ouse, u've all done a gr8 jab, pls i wanna start reading gud books n get outta boredom, pls send me interesting books, damolux01@yahoo.com. Tenx!
Re: Books You Must Read! by larablog: 11:31pm On Mar 29, 2011
get some of these good books at http://9jabookmania..com
free download of your favorite e-books for free at the site.
if the book you want cant be located just place the request and it will be posted
Re: Books You Must Read! by MyneWhite1(f): 10:08pm On Apr 06, 2011
This book is selling fast, grab your copy in any Nigerian bookstore or on Amazon.com.

Re: Books You Must Read! by mcseagroup: 5:06am On Apr 09, 2011
reading is to the mind what exercise is to the body.
so start reading today,
Get books like The Millionaire in the mirror, the science of getting rich, who moved my cheese, the one minute millionare (my favourite) and many great titles only at ohiobooks.
visit www.ohiobooksltd.com for their contact information
Re: Books You Must Read! by adonisgold: 11:45am On Apr 09, 2011
The Pirate, 79 park avenue, both by Harold Robbins.

Riders, Rivals by Jilly Cooper.

The Hajj, by Leon Uris.

Nada the Lily by Rider Haggard.
Re: Books You Must Read! by liftedone(f): 2:03pm On Apr 19, 2011
Richard Templar's The Rules of, Work, Wealth, Love, Life, Money. Simple books with dry British humour. Very easy read. Will teach you a thing or two.
Excerpt from The Rules of Wealth: The wealthy have enormous drive and are prepared to make enormous sacrifices. They manage themselves and forego instant rewards for bigger payback in the longer term, You have to work hard to get rich enought so that you don't have to work hard.

Robert Greene's 48 Laws of Power - Law 10: Infection: Avoid the Unhappy and Unlucky.

Charles Capps: The Tongue: A Creative Force (Christian Motivational)
Re: Books You Must Read! by Emmandus(m): 6:45pm On Sep 10, 2011
My Great Friends!
Nice to be back on our page after a very long time.I will be glad to be at your service again.
Enjoy!

Ayeni Emmanuel
Re: Books You Must Read! by Emmandus(m): 7:30pm On Sep 10, 2011
Guys
Since the last time, you had read from me, a lot of things had happened, from graduating from one of the foremost state Universities in Nigeria, to finding Love (LOL! smiley , being inducted to the Nigerian society of Engineers,(NSE), doing a lot of businesses on line and offline, losing in some and gaining in some,learning new skills, writing and passing an IT certifiaction exam, to finding and profiting in a new online business, AND OF COURSE READING A LOT OF BOOKS.

In the past few months I had read an average of 3 books in a month. I thinks some of the must reads are:

Mentored by aMillionaire by Steve Scott.
The Laws of Prosperity by Kenneth Copeland.

I will share more with you later.
Yours truly,
AYENI, Emmanuel Oluwadunsin
Emmandus Networks

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Romance Story- The Neigbours / Literature/Writing Complaints Thread / Outrageous Books You Won’t Believe Actually Exist

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.