Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,798 members, 7,820,800 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:57 PM

Yoruba Actors And Actresses In Nollywood Are Better? - TV/Movies (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Yoruba Actors And Actresses In Nollywood Are Better? (44472 Views)

The Most Beautiful Actresses In Africa Are Ghanaian / Ur Best Yoruba Actors/actresses. / Websites of Nigerian Actors and Actresses (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Yoruba Actors And Actresses In Nollywood Are Better? by bluenubian(f): 11:32pm On Dec 15, 2006
thank u jare, then what makes him funny?, akuko!
Re: Yoruba Actors And Actresses In Nollywood Are Better? by ThiefOfHearts(f): 11:34pm On Dec 15, 2006
he's hilarious nubian. it's not just the costumes.

Nkem is usually a town drunk, i dont think that's funny.
Re: Yoruba Actors And Actresses In Nollywood Are Better? by bluenubian(f): 11:34pm On Dec 15, 2006
he wasnt drunk in osuofia in london, or yellow fever, hilarious movies
Re: Yoruba Actors And Actresses In Nollywood Are Better? by goodguy(m): 11:35pm On Dec 15, 2006
bluenubian:

thank u jare, then what makes him funny?, akuko!

Sorry?
Re: Yoruba Actors And Actresses In Nollywood Are Better? by Nobody: 11:40pm On Dec 15, 2006
@Orikinla

There are lots of Igbo comedians in Nollywood and Igbo comedians are the very best. I won't bother mentioning them, Zebrudaya, Clarus &Gringory, Jegede (R.I.P.) just to name a few. Those are classic characters right there and they're not Yoruba. Juluis Agwu, Basketmouth, Okey Bakassi,,
Re: Yoruba Actors And Actresses In Nollywood Are Better? by ronkebaby(f): 12:04am On Dec 16, 2006
Donzman:

@Orikinla

You can try to succeed where MamaRonke has failed. What kind of market pays more money to lower talent?, Analyze that!

She called it! grin

Only a couple of Yoruba people find him funny. Osuofia is top notch level talent, he's even good with music.

i decided not to argue with u any further having noticed that you keep contradicting yourself with ur posts and you choose to fight a tribal war instead of being objective. i think i like reasoning with pple of matured minds and objective minded pple and u definitely don't suit that description to me, sorry.
Re: Yoruba Actors And Actresses In Nollywood Are Better? by ronkebaby(f): 12:08am On Dec 16, 2006
bluenubian:

@orikinla
jus cause someone doesn't agree with u, doesn't mean u should chase them away, u made a general statement "Yoruba actors and actresses are better", big flipping lie, because a man wear big glasses and carries around a fake pot belly does not make him funny

liz benson, onyeka onwenu is better than sola sobowale anyday, anytime,

now u going by amount of actors, stick to your point

if you want to be sincere, then u would agree that even me have accused you of twisting the topic. the topic says yoruba actors either acting in yoruba or english are better and nothing else. stop twisting topics to drive home a point. keep to the topic or open another one for discuss, period! and nope, liz or onyeka aren't better than sola. sola acts both genres perfectly well in comparison to others and that is what gives her a class of her own and makes a good actress!
Re: Yoruba Actors And Actresses In Nollywood Are Better? by bluenubian(f): 12:11am On Dec 16, 2006
no where was i twisting the topic, i gave a point on why i think he mentioned babasala as a funny actor, don't pick at a scab when its not ready to fall off sis. if u think sola is better, your opinion, i gave mine. kapish!
Re: Yoruba Actors And Actresses In Nollywood Are Better? by ronkebaby(f): 12:14am On Dec 16, 2006
ThiefOfHearts:

Baba Suwe sucks but Baba Sala is great.

to each his own. i like baba suwe. am in love with his slangs. nkem on the other hand tries too much to be funny. if there is any english category i don't like watching, it is nkem. i prefer those shot boys to him most times. he is not natural to me.
Re: Yoruba Actors And Actresses In Nollywood Are Better? by ronkebaby(f): 12:15am On Dec 16, 2006
bluenubian:

he wasnt drunk in osuofia in london, or yellow fever, hilarious movies

osuofia in london isn't all that to me. most of the scenes were not funny. anyway, i don't like nkem's kind of comedy. too dry and forced for my liking
Re: Yoruba Actors And Actresses In Nollywood Are Better? by ZuluNation(m): 12:18am On Dec 16, 2006
I just saw that movie Osuafia in London, I personally thought it was funny. One of the best Nigerian movies I've ever seen not that I've seen alot
Re: Yoruba Actors And Actresses In Nollywood Are Better? by ThiefOfHearts(f): 12:18am On Dec 16, 2006
low blow ronke.

Those midget boys are the worst things to ever be in any Nigerian production. I cant stand them!~  angry
Re: Yoruba Actors And Actresses In Nollywood Are Better? by ronkebaby(f): 12:20am On Dec 16, 2006
bluenubian:

no where was i twisting the topic, i gave a point on why i think he mentioned babasala as a funny actor, don't pick at a scab when its not ready to fall off sis. if u think sola is better, your opinion, i gave mine. kapish!

the moment you started making references to hanks anuku's acting in yoruba films, i knew you were twisting the topic. let me help u with the topic again, yoruba actors whether acting in yoruba or english are better. open another thread that would suit your invitation of igbo actors acting yoruba films. hope u can see the difference!
Re: Yoruba Actors And Actresses In Nollywood Are Better? by bluenubian(f): 12:22am On Dec 16, 2006
i dont even know who hank anuku is, what da heck are u talking about
Re: Yoruba Actors And Actresses In Nollywood Are Better? by ronkebaby(f): 12:23am On Dec 16, 2006
ThiefOfHearts:

low blow ronke.

Those midget boys are the worst things to ever be in any Nigerian production. I can't stand them!~  angry

i know wht u mean. i just used that to descripe how much i can't stand nkem's comedy. that even as i run away from those boys' movies, i would rather watch theirs than nkem's forced comedy.
Re: Yoruba Actors And Actresses In Nollywood Are Better? by ThiefOfHearts(f): 12:25am On Dec 16, 2006
I liked Nkem in Bumper to Bumper, even though he just played his usual obnoxious self. It was still amusing though

those short boys seriously annoy me.
Re: Yoruba Actors And Actresses In Nollywood Are Better? by bluenubian(f): 12:25am On Dec 16, 2006
@ronke
now i know u desperate to drive a stupid point, to actually mention that the little boys are funnier than nkem owoh, desperation at its worst
Re: Yoruba Actors And Actresses In Nollywood Are Better? by ronkebaby(f): 12:26am On Dec 16, 2006
bluenubian:

i don't even know who hank anuku is, what da heck are u talking about

mixed your id with terracota i guess. sorry for that. althou u make similar posts thou!
Re: Yoruba Actors And Actresses In Nollywood Are Better? by Eurphoria(f): 12:27am On Dec 16, 2006
i ahvent a clue what this thread is about, but i will sit and learn smiley
Re: Yoruba Actors And Actresses In Nollywood Are Better? by ronkebaby(f): 12:28am On Dec 16, 2006
bluenubian:

@ronke
now i know u desperate to drive a stupid point, to actually mention that the little boys are funnier than nkem owoh, desperation at i
ts worst

you are not me and definitely does not know my movie preferences. hope you are familiar with one man's meat is , thank you!
Re: Yoruba Actors And Actresses In Nollywood Are Better? by bluenubian(f): 12:29am On Dec 16, 2006
thank u, next time listen to ur own advice
Re: Yoruba Actors And Actresses In Nollywood Are Better? by ronkebaby(f): 12:35am On Dec 16, 2006
bluenubian:

thank u, next time listen to your own advice

great! i guess u mean you prefer the mediocre acting and scripts of the english nollywood movies. sure if that is what u want. as for me, i choose to state facts and be objective that the yoruba artists are better. i hope u can differentiate btw both lines of auguements. the first one is like asking for what is ur fav food or color i.e nkem or the aki/paw paw. while the second auguement is an entirely based educational discuss where sentiments and preferences are not to be considered. it is more of a serious/educational discuss. so no thanks, i ain't listening to my own advise. i choose to be reasonable and speak the truth based on facts and evidences!
Re: Yoruba Actors And Actresses In Nollywood Are Better? by Nobody: 12:39am On Dec 16, 2006
You notice how ronkebaby and Orikinla ignored the post about Zebrudaya, Clarus, Gringori, Jegede and co. Hmm,
Re: Yoruba Actors And Actresses In Nollywood Are Better? by bluenubian(f): 12:41am On Dec 16, 2006
@ronke
now u jus rambling again, going about in circles, when i said "listen to ur own advice", i was jus asking for u to respect other peoples opinion.

@donzman
yeah i did, they chose to dwell on a particular point and make everest out of it, talking about the midget boys. *hiss*
Re: Yoruba Actors And Actresses In Nollywood Are Better? by Eurphoria(f): 12:43am On Dec 16, 2006
ah yah yah lipsrsealed
Re: Yoruba Actors And Actresses In Nollywood Are Better? by ZuluNation(m): 12:44am On Dec 16, 2006
bluenubian:

@ronke
now u jus rambling again, going about in circles, when i said "listen to your own advice", i was jus asking for u to respect other peoples opinion.

@donzman
yeah i did, they chose to dwell on a particular point and make everest out of it, talking about the midget boys. *hiss*

Are you telling me you just noticing that now? This is one of the worst Igbo bashing thread I've seen in a long time.
Re: Yoruba Actors And Actresses In Nollywood Are Better? by Eurphoria(f): 12:45am On Dec 16, 2006
why cant you all love each other?
Re: Yoruba Actors And Actresses In Nollywood Are Better? by bluenubian(f): 12:48am On Dec 16, 2006
@zulu
see me see trouble, the atrocity!
Re: Yoruba Actors And Actresses In Nollywood Are Better? by ronkebaby(f): 12:51am On Dec 16, 2006
Donzman:

You notice how ronkebaby and Orikinla ignored the post about Zebrudaya, Clarus, Gringori, Jegede and co. Hmm,

i did because orikinla already made mention of some yoruba comedy greats before u reeled out those names and i did not see any sense in repeating what he said. go read his post and read about jagua, babasala, papilolo, papiluwe baba suwe, baba gboin etc. you are not into watching the more sophisticated yoruba films anyway, so why mention names that would sound like am speaking greek to you? i forgot to add that the new generation stand up acts cuts accross all the ethnic groups. more are even from delta to me and i wonder whn julius agwu became ibo. i thot the man is from rivers. na wa o!
Re: Yoruba Actors And Actresses In Nollywood Are Better? by ZuluNation(m): 12:52am On Dec 16, 2006
I really felt so sorry for Donzman. when most folks on this thread just ganged up on him, and that's why I just took the back seat and just looked on at the atrocity
Re: Yoruba Actors And Actresses In Nollywood Are Better? by Eurphoria(f): 12:55am On Dec 16, 2006
lmao
Re: Yoruba Actors And Actresses In Nollywood Are Better? by bluenubian(f): 12:57am On Dec 16, 2006
u shudnt have zulu, angry

ronkebaby:

i did because orikinla already made mention of some yoruba comedy greats before u reeled out those names and i did not see any sense in repeating what he said. go read his post and read about jagua, babasala, papilolo, papiluwe baba suwe, baba gboin etc. you are not into watching the more sophisticated yoruba films anyway, so why mention names that would sound like am speaking greek to you? i forgot to add that the new generation stand up acts cuts accross all the ethnic groups. more are even from delta to me and i wonder whn julius agwu became ibo. i thot the man is from rivers. na wa o!
now u, yourself mentioned, "the sophisticated Yoruba films", when orikinla started this thread, the point he was trying to make was that Yoruba actors are better in Nollywood films, now what are u saying?. i saw a yoruba soap Sola sobowale was in back in the day, and she was phenomenal, but i just saw a Nollywood film she did the other day, rubbish!

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (18) (Reply)

BBNAIJA: MC Oluomo Trends After Omoshola Says He Is Like Youth Leader Of Lagos / BBNaija: K-Brule Tried To Kiss Anto, She Refused, But Went On To Kiss Lolu / DSTV Price Hike: Five Alternatives Nigerians Are Opting For

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.