Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,600 members, 7,809,179 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:18 AM

Why Do Married Women Have To Be Addressed As Mrs? - Family (18) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Why Do Married Women Have To Be Addressed As Mrs? (34538 Views)

60% Of Married Women Don’t Love Their Husbands- Lady Says, See Response / Why Do Some Married Women Cheat? / Why Do Most Single Ladies Get Angry When Addressed As 'ma' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do Married Women Have To Be Addressed As Mrs? by shaybebaby(f): 10:07pm On Jul 23, 2016
SiestaFiesta:

If he was trying to be funny, then it was.

If he was seriously trying to be sex.y, then we need to call the ambulance.

I've calmed down a bit now but I must say, last time I'm ever going to engage the geezer. I couldn't in all honesty after seeing that.

But he meant it to be sexy, he takes himself far too seriously to be otherwise and it got escalated when he kept posting pictures, each one not relevant to what we are discussing.

Thing is, you want to share holiday photo's fine, but maybe in the travel section where the context is relevant, you want to share kids's pictures and spouse, fine again, he is proud of his family. But here on this thread, it's to prove a point, I'm just not entirely what it is because we all have the same in different combos etc that we are proud of. undecided

1 Like

Re: Why Do Married Women Have To Be Addressed As Mrs? by Nobody: 10:09pm On Jul 23, 2016
@ TV01, you are a smart fella, lovely family, beautiful wife, beUtiful child....

However, I am of the opinion that you are wasting your intelligence on those ladies up there....
They aint worth it.....

1 Like

Re: Why Do Married Women Have To Be Addressed As Mrs? by shaybebaby(f): 10:17pm On Jul 23, 2016
^^^^
where is that butt picture when you need it? Damn!
Re: Why Do Married Women Have To Be Addressed As Mrs? by SiestaFiesta: 10:20pm On Jul 23, 2016
shaybebaby:

I've calmed down a bit now but I must say, last time I'm ever going to engage the geezer. I couldn't in all honesty after seeing that.

But he meant it to be sexy, he takes himself far too seriously to be otherwise and it got escalated when he kept posting pictures, each one not relevant to what we are discussing.

Thing is, you want to share holiday photo's fine, but maybe in the travel section where the context is relevant, you want to share kids's pictures and spouse, fine again, he is proud of his family. But here on this thread, it's to prove a point, I'm just not entirely what it is because we all have the same in different combos etc that we are proud of. undecided

I can make you cry again. grin wink

Enough for today though. tongue
Re: Why Do Married Women Have To Be Addressed As Mrs? by SiestaFiesta: 10:28pm On Jul 23, 2016
shaybebaby:
^^^^
where is that butt picture when you need it? Damn!

Don't tempt me. grin

1 Like

Re: Why Do Married Women Have To Be Addressed As Mrs? by HaneefahRN(f): 10:30pm On Jul 23, 2016
Very interesting thread grin.
Re: Why Do Married Women Have To Be Addressed As Mrs? by SiestaFiesta: 10:33pm On Jul 23, 2016
HaneefahRN:
Very interesting thread grin.

Interesting is an understatement. grin
Re: Why Do Married Women Have To Be Addressed As Mrs? by HaneefahRN(f): 10:36pm On Jul 23, 2016
SiestaFiesta:

Interesting is an understatement. grin
Good job, you and Shaybebaby. kiss. Nice to see people who think like you.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Married Women Have To Be Addressed As Mrs? by Mutaino7(m): 10:44pm On Jul 23, 2016
njokusboy:
@ TV01, you are a smart fella, lovely family, beautiful wife, beUtiful child....

However, I am of the opinion that you are wasting your intelligence on those ladies up there....
They aint worth it.....
As in i had to step over corpses along the way from page 1 to 17... Nah now we know who go school and who learn something.. Some people get first class but cannot defend the G.P
Re: Why Do Married Women Have To Be Addressed As Mrs? by shaybebaby(f): 11:11pm On Jul 23, 2016
SiestaFiesta:

I can make you cry again. grin wink

Enough for today though. tongue
Please don't, was just telling my ex about it.. Being trolled with butt pics.
Re: Why Do Married Women Have To Be Addressed As Mrs? by shaybebaby(f): 11:15pm On Jul 23, 2016
HaneefahRN:

Good job, you and Shaybebaby. kiss. Nice to see people who think like you.
Thank your lucky stars you came in late, your eyes would have been assaulted.
Nice to always read your views too missy, reasonable, open minded and generous.
Thank you.
Re: Why Do Married Women Have To Be Addressed As Mrs? by HaneefahRN(f): 11:23am On Jul 24, 2016
shaybebaby:

Thank your lucky stars you came in late, your eyes would have been assaulted.
Nice to always read your views too missy, reasonable, open minded and generous.
Thank you.

Lolz, I can see that.

Glad to hear that. Thanks
Re: Why Do Married Women Have To Be Addressed As Mrs? by crackhaus: 6:36pm On Jul 24, 2016
shaybebaby:

Sign of the good life... That pot belly, nah beer or swallow, what's the culprit? Or let me guess.. It's been driven all over the place by driver and refusing to walk. grin
Stallion's already paid for one holiday, e don do...he didn't come to this life to work so I can spend.
It's my turn now.. Or rather I have decided that it is, so Na me go pay for the holiday.. Stepping up my ebaying for the extra cash.

As per nairaland, it's kinda hard for me to have fun on here.. Too many sad stuff going on and makes me feel helpless when I read em.
Just saw a post on adoption (kids are my passion) by someone I follow and I had to exit the thread because it was too heartbreaking.

What about the other week, there was another one where people were begging for money, amounts like 1k.. Such is the height of suffering for large portion of the populace...that's why I stay on the sidelines and read peeps like oga TV with no soul get reamed. That actually makes me happy.
You, you get bad mouth but you are not evil. I get that you like debates, not everything you postulate is what you actually believe. Makes reading your inputs easier to do with an open mind.
By the way, a law was passed in Italy in 2012 that people irrespective of gender could change their names to whatever they wished.
The previous debate about if it was forbidden for married women actually applied to both genders, you were given a name at birth, you get stuck with it till death.
So other reasons like for professional reasons (eg actors) were equally prohibited.
(Source: Italian stallion- Disclaimer: io non palare italiano)
Lol @I get bad mouth.. gringrin

Thanks for clearing up that issue about the law on keeping names till death.

My belly na combination of all the above.. tongue cheesy

3 Likes

Re: Why Do Married Women Have To Be Addressed As Mrs? by funlord(m): 6:28pm On Jul 25, 2016
grin
francis18:

LMAO SOMEONE WHO LIVES ON THE NET HAS THE GUT TO SAY HE DOESNT HAVE TIME AND COOGAR? YOUR NEMESIS? THE GUY MURDERED YOU HANDS DOWN AND YOU HAVE THE GUT TO SAY LITTLE BOYS? A 19 YEARS OLD TODDLER TRYING TO PRAY ON BORED JOBLESS DESPERATE WIVES?

LMAO WHAT IS THERE ELSE TO DO?WHAT DO YOU DO? IF YOU ARE NOT IN SCHOOL, YOU ARE HERE TRYING TO TAKE AFTER COOGAR AND SCAM WOMEN BUT YOU WERE NOT LUCKY IN ROMANCE SECTION BECAUSE THEY FIGURED IT OUT AND YOU WERE DISGRACED! NOW YOU HAVE STUDIED THESE DESPERATE BIMBOS AND KNOW WHO CAN GET YOU UNDER THEIR PANTS BY JUMPING AND PLAYING CAPTAIN SAVE A HOE.CHECK THE FAMILY SECTION WOMEN HE FOLLOWS, HE KNOWS HOW TO MANIPULATE THEM,ESPECIALLY THAT BORED PATHOLOGICAL HOUSEWIFE IN AMERICA.IT IS NOT ABOUT ALL THE STUPID DEBATE WHICH 98% YOU TAKE FROM GOOGLE BECAUSE BOY YOU HAVENT BEEN NOWHERE EXCEPT YOUR OLD MAN RUSTED VILLAGE HOUSE.WHERE IS THE SONOFMARK?COME AND LECTURE THIS FOOL.
LOOK AT THE LITTLE Arrow TRYING TO FORM HERE grin grin grin IS THAT A CHEST? ARE YOU HUNGRY OR WHAT AND PEOPLE THIS IS HIS SWAG PICTURE grin grin grin.THE BOY SURELY NEEDS SOME DOLLAR FROM THESE BIMBOS. GO BACK TO RAP SECTION WHEN YOU TRYANNA BE TUPAC. grin

Cc lezz and djailer! How did you miss this thread?

Crackhaus! Chop knuckle! Lmfao!!!

5 Likes

Re: Why Do Married Women Have To Be Addressed As Mrs? by Djailer: 9:02pm On Jul 25, 2016
funlord:
grin.

Classyalabolass:

I have only 3 functioning monickers - Darkënedrebel, IamWéstafrican and this one. Stop hallucinating, bïtch. The only person with innumerable monickers is you. This Djailer account is only one of them...Who knows how many others you have? I make an average of 5 posts on NL per day, you make an average of 20 per day - it's quite glaring you've got nothing going on for you in the real world and you are just Sëun Osewa's creation.

And what's the difference between giving me 40 and giving me 50 mentions? The fact remains that I never replied any of them cos you're but a minute scümbag seeking validation online and who would resort to the silliest antics until the littlest attention is meted him[b]. Go get a job[/b] , you deplorable cockalorum lummox.

Fine Art is what I got as my first degree. And now I'm en route to copping a masters degree in Art and Humanities at only 20 years old which means jobs in the Media, government, business sector, banks etc are all lined up for me.

What achievement can you put to your name. I also copped a theatre / Drama cert from a Catholic Media House after a 3 months programme and a certificate in photography after a 5 months workshop... all whilst still in UNILAG....Let's not even talk about the online Media job I hold currently or my vast array of skills which none of your precursors in life could have ever dream to have.

In case you don't know I was given admission to study law in OAU in 2011 but opted not to go because of the high influx in that course and partially because I was still gonna revert to the theoryaspect of Art and humanities in my Master, so what's your point exactly? That Fine Students are dull? Hahaha You are the biggest simpletön on planet Earth and as myopic as the Zoology course you're still battling with. Look at this insecure rhesus monkey trying to denigrate a profession as lucrative as Arts all because the Creator never blessed him with a creative mind. You need a brain scan and also need to treat your bipolar disorder.

The rest of your is insignificant and not worthy of a reply. " Your forced grammar pontification is this bla bla bla "

Shüt the fück up, you insecure and jealous bïtch. If my verbiage is making you nervous , why not go jump in front of a speeding vehicle and put an end to your life. You have never been sharpest tool in the drawer and would never be. Your verbal punditry is as weak as the ankles ofan elderly lady...that's why I'm not even impelled to trade words with you ....you're not my match and would die horribly.

Look at this semi-illiterate forcing himself to sound intelligent...I think I have got better things to do now.

Fact remains that I'm your superior intellectually, academically, spiritually and financially... You are just a wannabe Nairaland e-fighter and that's the peak you can attain until you bite the dust.

Anuofia!

The Expositor's Note:

This is someone, darkenedrebel precisely, whose DNA is composed of deceit, complex and insecurity.

Someone who is nothing except in the cyber-space where anyone, I mean just anyone can arrange letters into words and build himself an imaginary empire.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Married Women Have To Be Addressed As Mrs? by lezz(m): 9:06pm On Jul 25, 2016
funlord:
grin.

Cc l,ezz and d,jailer! How did you miss this thread?

C,rackhaus! Chop knuckle! Lmfao!!!
lolz, I didn't miss it. Look closely and you'll see my footprints grin

1 Like

Re: Why Do Married Women Have To Be Addressed As Mrs? by BloodyCrook: 10:50pm On Jul 25, 2016
Mindfulness:

The moment you start, is the moment you will be mercilessly ignored. grin

Germany did what European countries are obliged to do. There is something called Geneva Convention which clearly states that HUMANS are to be granted asylum under certain circumstances but since people ignorantly believe that immigrants are taking their jobs, they voted for Brexit.

Now Germany can relax agian. Britain is an agining society with low birth rates as well. Let us watch the decline now.

And let us watch how Frankfurt will flourish as Europe's new finacial centre.

The suicide bombers from France:

Fabien Clain - of French nationality
Abdelhamid Abaaoud - Belgian-Moroccan born in Belgium
Salah Abdeslam - Belgian-born French national of Moroccan descent

All of the known perpetrators were EU citizens and not refugees but even if they were, you simply don't condemn a whole nation for what a few did. Who was calling me ignoramus again? grin

London attacks:

Mohammad Sidique Khan - born in England
Shehzad Tanweer born in England
Germaine Maurice Lindsay - born in Jamaica
Hasib Mir Hussain - born in England

Next time you make an assertion, prove it.

It's here for the world to see who the true ignoramus is. grin

[size=14pt] Mrs asylum seeker, are you living in fear in Germany yet? How are the asylum seekers treating you?

See how silly and sentimental and so lacking in good judgement Markel has been ? And you couldn't even think for yourself.

Only on the internet ignoramuses like you will argue without deep knowledge and sound judgments.

I hope those refugees get to your street. Foolish girl.
[/size]
http://edition.cnn.com/2016/07/25/europe/germany-attacks-asylum-seekers-refugees/index.html

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Married Women Have To Be Addressed As Mrs? by crackhaus: 11:06pm On Jul 25, 2016
funlord:
grin.

Lol.. gringrin

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Married Women Have To Be Addressed As Mrs? by TV01(m): 6:14pm On Jul 26, 2016
njokusboy:

They aint worth it.....
Thanks bro', for the compliments and the advice. You are actually spot on, I just hope others can see the points made like you can. Having said that, I will discomfort them both a little more before "pegging" them. Time will see if they are able to rise above it grin.

Mutaino7:
As in i had to step over corpses along the way from page 1 to 17... Nah now we know who go school and who learn something.. Some people get first class but cannot defend the G.P
It can be quite painful can't it undecided

TV
Re: Why Do Married Women Have To Be Addressed As Mrs? by Nobody: 7:34am On Jul 27, 2016
Hello Njokusboy, your opinion on not arguing with these women is not without merit. However, for someone like me, and I suspect, TV01, it's more about providing an alternative view which we consider correct.

It's public service really. Thosr on the fence and those who have no idea deserve to, at the very least have some information/exposure to mostly popular but baseless tropes.

Someone like Francesca would have likely turned out differently had he had this privilege. These arguments have to occur so that when priests' throats are slit in churches some can connect the dots easily, stick the middle finger to the left and exit the kumbayah bubble.
Re: Why Do Married Women Have To Be Addressed As Mrs? by Nobody: 8:55am On Jul 27, 2016
Timbuktou:
Hello Njokusboy, your opinion on not arguing with these women is not without merit. However, for someone like me, and I suspect, TV01, it's more about providing an alternative view which we consider correct.

It's public service really. Thosr on the fence and those who have no idea deserve to, at the very least have some information/exposure to mostly popular but baseless tropes.

Someone like Francesca would have likely turned out differently had he had this privilege. These arguments have to occur so that when priests' throats are slit in churches some can connect the dots easily, stick the middle finger to the left and exit the kumbayah bubble.

Noted, but the debate ended a long time ago, from dodging relevant questions to ad hominems, to posting memes and threatening to report someone to the authorities grin grin grin grin.. Dont you guys get tired of this cultural dance grin grin

just take a look at this guy

She was called Aya and also the name of her father was included whenever her name was called in public. She also never took up her husband's name. You are not from the West and probably only have a cosmetic knowledge of the customs and traditions of the Yorubas. Stop claiming what you don't know.

My point is she was never called Mrs. Adewale or took up her husband's name. Being addressed as Aya Adewale(wife of Adewale) is different from being called Mrs.Adewale: the former indicates that she retained her name(father's name) and the latter that she took up her husband's surname(which never happened in Old Oyo empire and many other areas in the western parts of Nigeria)

why would someone bother replying this confused element..
Re: Why Do Married Women Have To Be Addressed As Mrs? by 5minsmadness: 9:37am On Jul 27, 2016
Married women have to be addressed as Mrs so you will know they are married.

Don't know why it took you guys 17pages to figure that out .

1 Like

Re: Why Do Married Women Have To Be Addressed As Mrs? by Nobody: 10:10am On Jul 27, 2016
njokusboy:

Noted, but the debate ended a long time ago, from dodging relevant questions to ad hominems, to posting memes and threatening to report someone to the authorities grin grin grin grin.. Dont you guys get tired of this cultural dance grin grin
I agree it's tiresome. But I find people tend to argue respectfully when they find their adversary can be more mercilessly verbally abusive.

Still, the ridiculosity is astounding. At a point, I was left alone because my probing questions bore holes through their brains. As always, the pampered leftists scampered for their notorious "safe spaces" which I am dedicated to denying them on nairaland. grin.

just take a look at this guy
Lol, I lost it at this point. Spat my tea.

why would someone bother replying this confused element..

Touché
Re: Why Do Married Women Have To Be Addressed As Mrs? by 5minsmadness: 10:31am On Jul 27, 2016
Holy crap! What happened on this thread? shocked shocked shocked
Goes back to start from page 1
Re: Why Do Married Women Have To Be Addressed As Mrs? by 5minsmadness: 11:11am On Jul 27, 2016
grin grin grin
Re: Why Do Married Women Have To Be Addressed As Mrs? by shaybebaby(f): 11:15am On Jul 27, 2016
5minsmadness:
grin grin grin
Hope you have been sufficiently entertained.
Re: Why Do Married Women Have To Be Addressed As Mrs? by 5minsmadness: 12:11pm On Jul 27, 2016
shaybebaby:

Hope you have been sufficiently entertained.
Oh am getting there grin
Started from page 14 then went back to the beginning. Currently on page 4.

The only down side is that I missed the pictures cry

Otherwise it's been hilarious so far grin

1 Like

Re: Why Do Married Women Have To Be Addressed As Mrs? by shaybebaby(f): 12:32pm On Jul 27, 2016
5minsmadness:

Oh am getting there grin

Had to be seen, it all started quite civilised and then degenerated into guerilla warfare with ass pictures being detonated. That put an end swiftly to the thread with some of us needing therapy to deal with the ensuing ptsd. grin
Re: Why Do Married Women Have To Be Addressed As Mrs? by 5minsmadness: 2:04pm On Jul 27, 2016
Timbuktou:

Stop talking like a menopausal woman whose left nippple is being sucked by a baby goat. What stops you from responding with this moniker. You think I woke up to come and sleep on nairaland?
ROTFL!!!!!!?

OMG!! grin
Re: Why Do Married Women Have To Be Addressed As Mrs? by TV01(m): 2:05pm On Jul 27, 2016
5minsmadness:

Oh am getting there grin

Glad you are enjoying it bro' grin.

No worries about the piccies, I will be back to continue the spamming spree - re-runs included cool. I'm sure people are interested in knowing what got Mindfulness/SisetsFiesta so hot and bothered, and left Shaybebaby so traumatised, that both of them have been running around the forum for days going on & on about it. Methinks the ladies doth protest too much cool

TV

...this was the one Mindfulness said made her puke...I don talk am, she never born grin
Re: Why Do Married Women Have To Be Addressed As Mrs? by 5minsmadness: 2:13pm On Jul 27, 2016
shaybebaby:

Had to be seen, it all started quite civilised and then degenerated into guerilla warfare with ass pictures being detonated. That put an end swiftly to the thread with some of us needing therapy to deal with the ensuing ptsd. grin
LMAO!!!

Re: Why Do Married Women Have To Be Addressed As Mrs? by 5minsmadness: 2:20pm On Jul 27, 2016
TV01:

Glad you are enjoying it bro' grin.

No worries about the piccies, I will be back to continue the spamming spree - re-runs included cool. I'm sure people are interested in knowing what got Mindfulness/SisetsFiesta so hot and bothered, and left Shaybebaby so traumatised, that both of them have been running around the forum for days going on & on about it. Methinks the ladies doth protest too much cool

TV

...this was the one Mindfulness said made her puke...I don talk am, she never born grin

Pls..... Pls... I can't breathe... Tears coming outta my eyes grin grin grin

Cute baby u got there!

TV that u man? grin

You guys have made my day aswear!

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (Reply)

Mohammed Masaba Is Dead. The Islamic Cleric Who Married 97 Wives Dies At Age 93 / Couple Killed By Robbers Shortly After Landing Nigeria For Holiday / Abuja Beggar, Translator Receive N2m Cash Gift

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.