Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,238 members, 7,818,802 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:26 AM

Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc - Foreign Affairs (111) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc (989094 Views)

President Zuma Had Telephonic Discussions With President Trump / Photos: Heavy U.S Military Equipments Arrives Germany Against Russian. / @elbinawi Tweets On International Qudsday (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (108) (109) (110) (111) (112) (113) (114) ... (667) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by Nobody: 10:02pm On Jan 13, 2017
giles14:
and another russian technology goes into American hands

lets explain this way

suppose a person has 2 GFs.

would he share all the dirty things he did with one GF to another and vice versa

and get ass-banged for life grin grin grin grin

PS: india already has 20-30 % of the designs of PAKFA , it already spent 250+ million dollars , tonnes of russian technical documents relating to PAKFA have been translated in india till now . the russians dont seem bothered , why ru grin grin

also if say, what u think is true , then what about brahmos , hypersonic cruise missile , nuclear submarine etc etc ,LOLZZZ the russians dont trust the chinese with their technology as much as they trust the indians.

but due to geo-political and economic issues things r kind of different regarding chinese and russian bonhomie compared to russia and india.

do u know CIA has SIGNIT stations in china run together with chinese targeting russian weapons test ranges .

russia garrisons/military complex in far east r geared towards the chinese (something which they will not speak of publicly)

i dont know why but u only seem to see a floating piece of ice in the sea and but forget that it could be just the tip of the iceberg grin grin grin grin

u should have been on the titanic to understand the gravity of the above statement,
dont worry as a good friend i will not mind coming along with u ,
as long as i get to play the role of leonado di caprio with a real live kate winslet
grin grin grin grin
and i refuse to die, kate winslet can die for a change grin grin grin grin grin

and sir for the 100th time understand this THERE ARE NO FRIENDS AMONG NATIONS ONLY MUTUAL INTERESTS

1 Like

Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by Nobody: 10:53pm On Jan 13, 2017
Where's the Chinese guy ? undecided

2 Likes

Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by Nobody: 10:56pm On Jan 13, 2017
When is the J-20 due to be operational

Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by Nobody: 10:58pm On Jan 13, 2017
giles14 in another insignificant grin parallel universe grin grin grin grin

Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by Nobody: 11:02pm On Jan 13, 2017
jakeporeshenko:
Where's the Chinese guy ? undecided

not being paranoid but his last posts were kind of ...........

i hope he is ok
Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by giles14(m): 11:21pm On Jan 13, 2017
nemesis2u:

lets explain this way

suppose a person has 2 GFs.

would he share all the dirty things he did with one GF to another and vice versa

and get ass-banged for life grin grin grin grin

PS: india already has 20-30 % of the designs of PAKFA , it already spent 250+ million dollars , tonnes of russian technical documents relating to PAKFA have been translated in india till now . the russians dont seem bothered , why ru grin grin

also if say, what u think is true , then what about brahmos , hypersonic cruise missile , nuclear submarine etc etc ,LOLZZZ the russians dont trust the chinese with their technology as much as they trust the indians.

but due to geo-political and economic issues things r kind of different regarding chinese and russian bonhomie compared to russia and india.

do u know CIA has SIGNIT stations in china run together with chinese targeting russian weapons test ranges .

russia garrisons/military complex in far east r geared towards the chinese (something which they will not speak of publicly)

i dont know why but u only seem to see a floating piece of ice in the sea and but forget that it could be just the tip of the iceberg grin grin grin grin

u should have been on the titanic to understand the gravity of the above statement,
dont worry as a good friend i will not mind coming along with u ,
as long as i get to play the role of leonado di caprio with a real live kate winslet
grin grin grin grin
and i refuse to die, kate winslet can die for a change grin grin grin grin grin

and sir for the 100th time understand this THERE ARE NO FRIENDS AMONG NATIONS ONLY MUTUAL INTERESTS

but I doubt if dey will share the stealth technology with india
Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by Nobody: 11:28pm On Jan 13, 2017
giles14:
but I doubt if dey will share the stealth technology with india

russian technology russian decision grin

if they dont agree no problem, grin

boat lots of money does miracles , others will grin
or india will do it herself. grin

PS: its kin of funny u mentioned this because previously IAF was not going forward with the negotiations with the russians as they were not satisfied/had doubts with the stealth features, among other things grin
Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by Nobody: 10:27am On Jan 14, 2017
Pakistan successfully test fires first submarine-launched nuclear capable cruise missile.thus giving it second nuclear strike capability

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rILN-oEvlec
Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by lionel4power(m): 12:52pm On Jan 14, 2017
nemesis2u:
T-Rex
Long Range Reconnaissance and Observation System
from TONBO IMAGING INDIA.

T-Rex is an advanced long range reconnaissance and observation system. It includes a very long range day optical imager and a cooled area scan thermal imager integrated with a 20km eye safe laser range finder, GPS and magnetic compass all in one compact and modular system

pic : somewhere along the international border with pa*****

Who else noticed the long fence.
Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by chinese8107: 8:09pm On Jan 14, 2017
jakeporeshenko:
already operating, in trouble shooting mode

1 Like

Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by Nobody: 8:48pm On Jan 14, 2017
russia SU-35 jet

1 Like

Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by Nobody: 8:52pm On Jan 14, 2017
jakeporeshenko:
satellite photos have confirmed ,PLAAF is already forming a squadron

1 Like

Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by Nobody: 3:23pm On Jan 15, 2017
Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by kikuyu1(m): 1:00pm On Jan 17, 2017
Nemesis2u,been meaning to ask:
-what will the Rafale do the Su 30 can't or won't? The IAF wants 2 squadrons and I thought both were deep strike air superiority FSBs? Or did I miss smth?
-what's the maintenance of the Su really like? Is she as service hungry as everyone says? I saw recently the flight line availability was only 50% set to rise to 60%?!
Damnnnnn!
Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by bidexiii: 1:41pm On Jan 17, 2017
The F-22 Stealth Fighter Has More Than One Weakness Compared to Modern Russian Warplanes

America’s F-22 Raptor is one of the world’s most advanced warplanes. But it has several weaknesses. For one, it’s blind in the infrared though several of its potential rivals have infrared-search-and-track sensors, effectively allowing them to scan for enemy warplanes’ heat signatures.
The last U.S. fighter to have an IRST sensor built in during development was the F-14 Tomcat. The F/A-18 Super Hornet now has the option of carrying a centerline droptank with an IRST, which will make it expensive to actually drop in combat.
The F-22 also lacks side-looking radars, which allow an aircraft to fire a missile that requires mid-course updates from the aircraft’s radar while continuing to provide tracking data after turning more than 90 degrees away from the path of the missile.
Without such a radar, an aircraft would have to keep pointing toward an enemy plane — and getting closer to any missiles an enemy might fire.

The reason for these shortcomings dates back to the Raptor’s origin.
The F-22 had its beginnings in the Advanced Tactical Fighter program which began in 1981. The U.S. Air Force awarded General Dynamics and McDonnell Douglas contracts for initial design work for an air-to-ground fighter that could fly at Mach 2.5 at high to medium altitudes, and carry standoff weapons to destroy tanks and other ground targets.
Nothing came of that program initially because the F-16 Fighting Falcon, originally designed as an air-to-air fighter for daylight hours, came in the back door and was repurposed to fill the air-to-ground role.

In late 1985, the U.S. Air Force made a number of changes to requirements as the program progressed, including a greater emphasis on stealth. It also changed the selection process so that, instead of four companies receiving approximately $100 million each, two would be awarded contracts of $700 million each to produce flying prototypes.
One of the prototypes would be powered by Pratt & Whitney F119 engines and the other with General Electric F120 engines. At around the same time, the U.S. Air Force sent out letters to the competing companies to encourage teaming.
The idea behind this was that the U.S. Air Force wanted as much talent as possible for such a large and expensive program. As a result, Boeing, Lockheed and General Dynamics formed one team, and Northrop and McDonnell Douglas formed another. Rockwell and Grumman did not team.
On Oct. 31, 1986, the Air Force announced Lockheed and Northrop as winners of that stage of the Advanced Tactical Fighter program. The teaming agreement among Boeing, General Dynamics and Lockheed called for the winning company to be the team leader, so Lockheed took that role. The winning teams were given four years to produce their flying prototypes.
Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by bidexiii: 1:44pm On Jan 17, 2017
CONTINUATION

Lockheed’s design at this stage had a large rotary weapon bay which pushed the engines and inlets outward, in turn producing an excessive amount of wave drag. This is exactly what happened to the F-35 Joint Strike Fighter with its vertical lift fan making the aircraft too wide and draggy. The vertical lift fan is the original sin of the F-35 design.
The Air Force initially required that eight missiles be carried internally within the F-22’s main weapon bay. That was reduced to six when both of the design teams concluded this could not be done effectively. Similarly, the requirement for thrust reversers was dropped when it was determined that the capability was not worth the price in performance.
The F-22’s basic challenge was to integrate stealth, supercruise, highly integrated avionics and agility into an aircraft with a longer range than the one it was to replace, the F-15 Eagle. It was also to have twice the reliability of the F-15 and half the support requirements. Although in practice, the F-22’s mission availability has risen over the last few years to being close to that of the F-15, but its support requirement is over 50 percent higher.
Both the Lockheed and Northrop designs had diamond-shaped wings with a long root chord joining the wing to the fuselage, providing a more distributed load path and more bulkheads carrying the bending loads. The large wings also provided more fuel volume.

But in January 1989, the U.S. Air Force put a cap on the cost of the F-22’s avionics at $9 million per aircraft in production. At that time, Lockheed’s paper design had over $16 million of avionics in each aircraft.
Thus, the IRST was dropped — as were a number of other systems, including the side-looking, cheek-mounted radars.
The processing power of electronics and the acuity of optics have improved in the last decade so the cost of avionics relative to the cost of the airframe has fallen. Nevertheless, the reason why the F-22 doesn’t have an IRST dates from the avionics cost cap imposed in 1989. The U.S. Air Force didn’t prescribe which systems were to be dropped in order to meet the cap. The companies decided what would provide the best value for money.
And 27 years later, the F-22’s main competition, the Russian Su-35 Flanker-E, has infrared-search-and-track and cheek-mounted radars.

Curled from; "war is boring".
Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by Nobody: 5:22pm On Jan 17, 2017
kikuyu1:
-what will the Rafale do the Su 30 can't or won't? The IAF wants 2 squadrons and I thought both were deep strike air superiority FSBs? Or did I miss smth?
-what's the maintenance of the Su really like? Is she as service hungry as everyone says? I saw recently the flight line availability was only 50% set to rise to 60%?!
Damnnnnn!

first let me clarify u on the issue of operational availability of combat fleet, peacetime combat aircraft fleet availability/serviceability is always kept at 60%. No air force in the world has more than 60% combat aircraft fleet availability/serviceability during peacetime .it is not sustainable above 60% due to monetary issues , maintenance issues and manpower issues. only during wartime the operational availability of combat fleet is jacked up above 60 % to any where near 90% or so. and also this is why countries maintain wartime reserves at spares depots which are fully stockpiled and never used except for emergencies.

SU30MKI and RAFALE r meant to used for different roles and purposes in the IAF. in fact they will complement each other most of the times.

SU30MKI is a air superiority fighter mean for sanitization and control of enemy airspace , before rest of the other types of aircraft's begin their operations .the Su-30MKI in the IAF was meant from the outset to cruise at far higher altitudes than other combat aircraft and thus it was nicknamed BAAZ, meaning a Falcon swooping down upon its prey. most of the times a Su-30MKI will always be cruising at least 10,000 feet/15,000 feet above its opponents like the F-16, J10 etc and that's because the Su-30MKI's RLSU-30MK/NO-11M 'Bars' PESA-MMR & OEPS-30 IRST sensor both function at their very best when operating in the look-down mode. In addition a R-77 BVRAAM or R-73E WVRAAM when fired from a higher altitude against targets below will possess higher kinematic performance as well as greater engagement ranges.

another less know fact is that the Su-30MKI’s or any of the SU family aircraft's air-frame has never being certified for undertaking terrain-hugging flight profiles , nor is its radar capable of supporting terrain-hugging flights.

RAFALE is a swing role aircraft and for IAF service it is customized to act in the role of delivering nuclear payloads against a more capable adversary. secondary role is that of a deep penetration aircraft which will use terrain hugging profile to penetrate enemy defenses in order to carry out high risk missions.

the subject is too vast to discuss , analogy is like that of a family where the husband and wife complement each other with varying degree depending of the corresponding varying situation.

IMPORTANT : what i have discussed here is only the tip of the iceberg, there is lot more to it

simply for the layman SU30MKI will be used as MACHETE to hack and slash through the bush through sheer brute force, while the RAFALE will be used as a COMBAT KNIFE using the gaps in the bush to target the offending roots though ruthless efficiency and proficiency .

serviceability of SU30MKI is now nearing to 75 % , India follows the western model of training so it needs to have the birds flying more than the usual peacetime flight hours plus it suffers for shortage of combat aircraft's. in fact the flight hours per pilot of the IAF is among the top 5-6 countries, fun fact Russia is behind India in this .

serviceability of SU30MKI was bad due to bad business practices ( spares/services ) of the Russian aerospace companies unlike western companies who maintain a robust global supply chain to provide spares/services on demand anywhere and anytime .
also Western MRO practices never call for the prime contractor to assume product liability for engines, accessories, instrumentation & avionics. OEMs for such hardware are held directly liable which is much simpler and effective.
In the Russian MRO services provision system, however, there has always been a single point-of-contact, which now is Rosoboronexport State Corp.therefore one cannot bypass Rosoboronexport & directly contact UMPO, UFA, UOMZ, NPO Saturn or IRKUT Corp etc.
(note : a combat aircraft is basically a Frankenstein with parts/components sourced from multiple OEMs, where the designer of the combat aircraft is the primary contractor)

another factor is the stupid Indian bureaucracy and political apathy of the previous governments.

also the rafale order will increase from the current 36, this is the initial order. another 100-200 rafales is sure , if one is to follow the pattern of Indian arms acquisition.

initial SU30MKI order was for 12 units or so, now it is 312-314 (ordered, delivery continuing) , next phase is the SUPER SU30MKI UPGRADE which will incorporate PAKFA / SU35 technologies , R & D and talks r in progress with the Russians.

i wonder about other countries who operate the SU family , why they never publish their operational availability or their spare situation. grin

fun fact TYPHOON operational availability is close to 45 % according to news reports , don't know personally .

1 Like

Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by MikeCZA: 5:23pm On Jan 17, 2017
kikuyu1:
Damnnnnn!
In short the SU-30 takes the fight deep into enemy territory.

The Rafale is a medium fighter.
Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by Nobody: 5:32pm On Jan 17, 2017
MikeCZA:
In short the SU-30 takes the fight deep into enemy territory.

The Rafale is a medium fighter.

depends on how they r used by the airforce

see my explanation above.

but in the end everybody has his/her way of looking at things so no sweat grin

its like both of us eyeing the same girl grin

u r like i will bamboozle the girl with sweet talk grin

i am like all for direct action from the word go..... grin ( thanks to my unofficial self bestowed PHD in kamasutra ) grin grin

but in the end it depends on the girl as much as a aircraft's potency depends on the pilot and his tactics grin
Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by Nobody: 6:03pm On Jan 17, 2017
bidexiii:
CONTINUATION

whats ur opinion on the article u posted ?

is F22 not up to the mark against Russian warplanes like SU35?
Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by Nobody: 7:07pm On Jan 17, 2017
Indian army day 15 january 2017 parade

Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by Nobody: 7:49pm On Jan 17, 2017
damm ....... bad timing for whoever did this .
Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by Nobody: 7:09am On Jan 18, 2017
HAL LANCER

Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by Nobody: 7:13am On Jan 18, 2017
continue....

Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by Nobody: 7:29am On Jan 18, 2017
First public photos of the 2 variants of the DRDO ATAGS 155MM 52 caliber artillery gun system

one variant is made by TATA

another variant is made by KALYANI

the one with the autoloader on top is the KALYANI version (u can see it in the 1st pic the one behind the TATA variant)

as u can see the 2 guns have different vertical recoil system , loading mechanism , drive system , electronics , optronics etc etc while at the same time sharing the same gun barrel design etc. (u can see the differences in the 2nd and 3rd pic )

@MikeCZA

Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by Nobody: 7:35am On Jan 18, 2017
will post more photos on ATAGS later as these will be on parade during the republic day celebrations

picture : this one is the danush 155mm 45 caliber gun ( upgraded bofors ) on display from the same parade rehearsal

Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by tdayof(m): 7:43am On Jan 18, 2017
nemesis2u:
will post more photos on ATAGS later as these will be on parade during the republic day celebrations

So you've finally accepted that you're Indian? grin angry
Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by Nobody: 7:45am On Jan 18, 2017
tdayof:

So you've finally accepted that you're Indian? grin angry

where have i done so plz point it out ?

lets explain this finally : my orientation and my main work/purpose is rooted in the agenda.......... ( lets stop here ) which started thousands of years back , got nothing to do with India, Indians etc

source for photos is always online. grin
will never make the mistake of posting my own photos as the metadata inside it will be my nemesis grin
Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by tdayof(m): 7:51am On Jan 18, 2017
nemesis2u:

where have i done so plz point it out ?

source for photos is always online. grin
Haha . My Intel says so. angry
Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by Nobody: 7:56am On Jan 18, 2017
tdayof:

Haha . My Intel says so. angry

hehehehahaha
if u say so grin

i am honored to be the citizen of any country in this world or any extraterrestrial world , except one grin

OFF TOPIC :what about ur chinese heartthrob, why ru so hesitant ? , u gonna have to learn the trade tricks quick grin
Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by Nobody: 10:01am On Jan 18, 2017
grin grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (108) (109) (110) (111) (112) (113) (114) ... (667) (Reply)

American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! / Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . / Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.