Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,853 members, 7,810,281 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:08 AM

Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc - Foreign Affairs (157) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc (984224 Views)

President Zuma Had Telephonic Discussions With President Trump / Photos: Heavy U.S Military Equipments Arrives Germany Against Russian. / @elbinawi Tweets On International Qudsday (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (154) (155) (156) (157) (158) (159) (160) ... (667) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by Nobody: 10:53pm On Apr 22, 2017
nemesis2u:

yes

u need a high accuracy direction finding pod , to detect emitters and localize them.

otherwise a KH31P fired from a stand off distance will not be able to get close enough to its EM emitting targets , to allow its nose mounted passive seeker get a positive lock for a kill.

the passive seekers range is very limited , anywhere between 10-20 kms

without using a cueing pod , KH31P has a good chance of getting lost/missing its targets or get seduced by decoy emitters.

don t know , if i found the info i will share it ! i was thinking it use the sukhoi radars and systems to launch it without need to extra pod

1 Like

Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by Nobody: 10:58pm On Apr 22, 2017
MikeCZA:

Let us hope India's possible opponents don't in the near future invest in extended range base bleed and base bleed and rocket motor projectiles, newer counter-battery radars and other targeting systems e.g UAVs and datalinks.

Cause the India might have to invest heavily in EW and targeting systems.

And Oh I'm mad the Pzh-2000 wasn't trailed.

west is a nuisance grin
a very dangerous one at that grin grin

the north is the real headache , they r technologically 10-15 years ahead in most of the things.

india is investing in EW and targeting systems , they r in various stages on development.

i remember years ago they tested a EMP bomb,all that it manged to do is knock out the cell phones of the scientists and the visiting generals. grin

but recently i have reasons to believe they successfully test a EMP bomb , actually a EMP warhead fitted to a PGM.

plus hypothetically let me mention Indians r trying to get a DEW system in place to fry satellites.the system will be static or at best semi mobile. how successful they will be , that remains to be seen.

indian r fuuking lazy shiitholes (only the government ones)

and more often they try to eat more than they can chew grin

and if west and north decide to ass fucck india together, then provided if i were an indian i would move my ass pronto to SA , nigeria or kenya etc as quickly as possible. grin grin

1 Like

Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by Nobody: 11:00pm On Apr 22, 2017
chkil0:

don t know , if i found the info i will share it ! i was thinking it use the sukhoi radars and systems to launch it without need to extra pod

sometimes the pods r mistaken for one another, since they look similar.

plus some countries tend to mask some of their systems to deny others the info , which might help the opponents to establish counter measures.

1 Like

Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by Nobody: 11:06pm On Apr 22, 2017
chkil0:

just curious
who r the perceived/potential enemies or threats of Algeria ?
Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by Nobody: 11:28pm On Apr 22, 2017
x
Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by Nobody: 11:29pm On Apr 22, 2017
hark who enters my airspace grin

VERA passive radiolocator
it uses measurements of time difference of arrival (TDOA) of pulses at three or four sites to accurately detect and track airborne emitters.

the west has deployed 1-2 systems of them to safe guard their nukes storage/production sites , surprisingly not against the traditional enemy but to ward off perceived American / Israeli evil designs grin

Vietnamese also have it , and the indians likum it very much ,
so much so that the Vietnamese got exasperated at the romance grin

1 Like

Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by Nobody: 11:34pm On Apr 22, 2017
nemesis2u:

just curious
who r the perceived/potential enemies or threats of Algeria ?

their is NATO , a coalition attack like they did in libya , always ready to destabilize the country if there is an occasion , waiting for an internal revolution, insurgents to help with tomahawk and bomb for good democratie grin ! and of course the terrorism from borders countries and inside .

we have our neigbours morocco ( with western sahara politics problems) but its not perceived as a serious military enemy, its more political childishness

1 Like

Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by Nobody: 11:45pm On Apr 22, 2017
chkil0:

their is NATO , a coalition attack like they did in libya , always ready to destabilize the country if there is an occasion , waiting for an internal revolution, insurgents to help with tomahawk and bomb for good democratie grin ! and of course the terrorism from borders countries and inside .

we have our neigbours morocco ( with western sahara politics problems) but its not perceived as a serious military enemy, its more political childness

yeah

usual stupidity, to poke their nose where they dont belong.

at the best a financial/civilian military industrial cabal that looks to destroy countries so that they can keep their business running.

2 Likes

Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by Nobody: 11:56pm On Apr 22, 2017
@kikuyu1

the below pic which u posted earlier,

we call these weapons "naga daos"

the one at the top is designed to chop off heads at one blow .

used by the nagas one of the worlds only 2 head hunting tribes.

the naga regiments of indian army uses these in place of the standard khukris/combat knifes.

very effective from operational point of view , during kargil war , their use forced the intruders to surrender from horror, but the ago old blood lust / skull lust proved too powerful, the guys simple chopped off the heads of the surrendering intruders .

i dont judge becz the guys had lost a few of the comrades in the initial assault starting from the bottom of the mountain to the mountain top to the very same intruders who had garrisoned there.

2 Likes

Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by Nobody: 12:37am On Apr 23, 2017
MikeCZA:

And Oh I'm mad the Pzh-2000 wasn't trailed.

send ur complains to merkel grin grin grin

and kiss her for me grin

i too wonder why they never entered the trials.

probably decided india will take 20 years to decide which one to buy, so not worth the wait. grin

that is why we must be optimistic even against the near impossible grin
Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by tdayof(m): 10:17am On Apr 23, 2017
nemesis2u:

and kiss her for me grin

probably decided india will take 20 years to decide which one to buy, so not worth the wait. grin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sTylLz1ikUo

2 Likes

Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by Nobody: 6:46pm On Apr 23, 2017
L-15 production line

Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by tdayof(m): 6:47pm On Apr 23, 2017
jakeporeshenko:
L-15 production line
I think we need this aircraft.
Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by Nobody: 7:40pm On Apr 23, 2017
tdayof:
I think we need this aircraft.
I concur ! All those people saying super Tucano will replace the alpha are very wrong, NAF needs a new jet trainer to replace the alphas and the L-39's, L-15 will be a good choice.
Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by MikeCZA: 7:56pm On Apr 23, 2017
nemesis2u:

and kiss her for me grin

It's internal politics though.

But Indian projects do drag on for decades. grin grin grin

I wonder if Denel I wasn't banned would they have offered their air breathing 155mm projectile design which promised to increase range of howitzers to 100km+.
Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by MikeCZA: 8:05pm On Apr 23, 2017
nemesis2u:

west is a nuisance grin
a very dangerous one at that grin grin

the north is the real headache , they r technologically 10-15 years ahead in most of the things.

india is investing in EW and targeting systems , they r in various stages on development.

i remember years ago they tested a EMP bomb,all that it manged to do is knock out the cell phones of the scientists and the visiting generals. grin

but recently i have reasons to believe they successfully test a EMP bomb , actually a EMP warhead fitted to a PGM.

plus hypothetically let me mention Indians r trying to get a DEW system in place to fry satellites.the system will be static or at best semi mobile. how successful they will be , that remains to be seen.

indian r fuuking lazy shiitholes (only the government ones)

and more often they try to eat more than they can chew grin

and if west and north decide to ass fucck india together, then provided if i were an indian i would move my ass pronto to SA , nigeria or kenya etc as quickly as possible. grin grin
Are they going to mount the K-9 turret on the Arjun chassis or they'll go with the Korean vehicle with local components?
Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by Asuokaa: 8:59pm On Apr 23, 2017
nemesis2u:

and kiss her for me grin

Sorry this is really out of topic, I need ur assistance on an india movie..

this is the story line: a guy was dating a girl and he discovered his friend liked d girl so he faked his on death and went to another city but the lady lost her voice at the head the friend died due to brain cancer something, pls what's the name of the movie.. Thanks

1 Like

Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by Nobody: 9:40pm On Apr 23, 2017
Asuokaa:

Sorry this is really out of topic, I need ur assistance on an india movie..

this is the story line: a guy was dating a girl and he discovered his friend liked d girl so he faked his on death and went to another city but the lady lost her voice at the head the friend died due to brain cancer something, pls what's the name of the movie.. Thanks

grin grin grin

i dont watch bollywood movies , last 12 years or so not a single one.
infact i hate them.

only regional movies sometimes, they r worth watching.

there is a movie thread here on nairaland , u can try asking there.

sorry for not being a help

1 Like

Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by Nobody: 9:43pm On Apr 23, 2017
MikeCZA:
Are they going to mount the K-9 turret on the Arjun chassis or they'll go with the Korean vehicle with local components?

they'll go with the Korean vehicle with local components, only 100 ordered with option for another 50.
Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by Nobody: 9:50pm On Apr 23, 2017
MikeCZA:
It's internal politics though.

But Indian projects do drag on for decades. grin grin grin

I wonder if Denel I wasn't banned would they have offered their air breathing 155mm projectile design which promised to increase range of howitzers to 100km+.

u r being kind here grin

Indian bureaucracy when dealing with defence matters is slower than a tortoise, infact it is a insult to the poor tortoise grin grin

yeah , that was a missed chance , would have been a win win situation for both countries.

the thing is, there r so many factors in play specially when 2 countries r involved , that it turns into a quagmire if due diligence is not shown.

i believe i mentioned the real reasons why the deal got cancelled/stuck.
Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by MikeCZA: 9:52pm On Apr 23, 2017
nemesis2u:

grin grin grin

i dont watch bollywood movies , last 12 years or so not a single one.
infact i hate them.

only regional movies sometimes, they r worth watching.

there is a movie thread here on nairaland , u can try asking there.

sorry for not being a help
Hi Nemesis! There's this Indian dish my friend used to cook it has chicken.

Do you know it? grin grin grin

#AskNemesisAnything.

1 Like

Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by Nobody: 10:00pm On Apr 23, 2017
tdayof:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sTylLz1ikUo

thanks

TO EVERY VISITOR grin grin

anyways just for some mental jogging let me post a puzzle for u guys see if u can figure it out. grin grin grin

suppose u r a spy and have tasked to find out about the progress of a nations nuclear fuel enrichment program , which according to u is the best place to look for clues

1.cafeteria/canteen near the nuclear facilities
2.hotels/motels near the nuclear facilities
3.barber shops near the nuclear facilities
4.brothels near the nuclear facilities grin
5.sewerage treatment plants near the nuclear facilities
6.laundry shops near the nuclear facilities

it is very easy, figure it out and also give a reason for ur choice. grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by Nobody: 10:10pm On Apr 23, 2017
chkil0:
what danegrous evidences , i can find the same things in the bottom of one of my drawers grin

some old phones , old tv remote control with batteries ,

what about the contents inside the DVDs/CDs grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by MikeCZA: 10:11pm On Apr 23, 2017
nemesis2u:

u r being kind here grin

Indian bureaucracy when dealing with defence matters is slower than a tortoise, infact it is a insult to the poor tortoise grin grin

yeah , that was a missed chance , would have been a win win situation for both countries.

the thing is, there r so many factors in play specially when 2 countries r involved , that it turns into a quagmire if due diligence is not shown.

i believe i mentioned the real reasons why the deal got cancelled/stuck.
grin grin grin

They were amateurs on the international stage.

Note: The decision to mount the new turret on a tracked vehicle originated in the middle of the 90s. Only to be mounted on the Arjun around 2000 then named T6-52.

SA under Mandela made a lot of sales to ......n after 98 there weren't many sales under the Mbheki administration.

Hopefully they learnt a lesson.

1 Like

Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by Nobody: 10:20pm On Apr 23, 2017
MikeCZA:
grin grin grin

They were amateurs on the international stage.

Note: The decision to mount the new turret on a tracked vehicle originated in the middle of the 90s. Only to be mounted on the Arjun around 2000 then named T6-52.

SA under Mandela made a lot of sales to ......n after 98 there weren't many sales under the Mbheki administration.

Hopefully they learnt a lesson.

every nation has a red line

knowing that allows every nation to do what it wants without stepping on the toes of the other.

arms can be exported , it was never a problem , becz there cannot be different rules for different countries and every country after all is in the business to make money.

problem was sale of strategic technological know hows like cruse missiles etc.
supplying equipment's like mortars MPVs, helis , radars , tactical missiles etc was never a problem .

i dont think in the long run this impacted SA and india defence business except for denel, what happened is most of the deals r now kept low keyed both from the indian and SA side.

infact the sales have only increased. though personally would like to see initiation of joint development of weapon systems as per requirements of both countries.
Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by Nobody: 10:36pm On Apr 23, 2017
INSAS 1B1 with optics and 30 rd magazine

with Assam Rifles (paramilitary)

surprisingly in the role of a DMR

Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by Nobody: 11:02pm On Apr 23, 2017
MikeCZA:
x

ARJUN catapult SPGH

130mm artillery gun on ARJUN chassis

made as per army request

FYI Arjun based SPGH are operated by artillery units not Armour units

Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by Nobody: 11:45pm On Apr 23, 2017
some info on ARJUN catapult SPGH.

Weight :44.5 tonnes
Caliber : 130 mm
Breech : Horizontal sliding wedge
Maximum Gun range : 40km
Rate of fire : 6 (normal) 8 (burst) 5 (sustained)
Engine : MTU 838 Ka 501 diesel 1,400 hp (1,040 kW)
Transmission : Renk epicyclic train gearbox, 4 fwd + 2 rev gears
Suspension :hydro-pneumatic
Ground clearance : 0.45 metres (1 ft 6 in)
Fuel capacity : 1,610 litres (350 imp gal; 430 US gal)
Operational range : 450 kilometres (280 mi)[7]
Speed : 72 km/h (45 mph) Road or 40 km/h (25 mph) Cross country
fire range : maximum 27.4 km indirect fire. direct fire up to 1.4 km range.

Arjun Catapult features

Drivers Night Vision Device
Commanders night sight
High power to weight ratio
Excellent ride comfort
Indirect and direct firing capability
Rapid deployment and quick displacement
STANAG Level-II protection
Automatic fire detection and suppression systems
GPS display for commander and driver
STARS V Mk-II radio set
Crew intercommunication

The Arjun Catapult was run for about 500 kms during this trial and subjected to maximum intense and sustained firings.

developed at less than 2 million dollars

Beggars cannot be choosers angry
and some time ago, the IA is in the position of a beggar, it needed mobile arty desperately and the multiple tenders seem to be going nowhere.
in such a case the arjun Catapult which is an Indian term used for such kind of improvisation was asked for by IA as a interim solution pending the arrival of convention tracked SPGs .

2 Likes

Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by Nobody: 11:55pm On Apr 23, 2017
russian ALTIUS UAV

Takeoff weight approx. 5 m, the length of 11.6m, 28.5m wingspan, Mo approx. 2 tons, maximum speed - is unknown, range up to 10000km, 15000m to the ceiling, the maximum duration of the flight - up to 48h.

Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by Nobody: 11:58pm On Apr 23, 2017
Israeli “Adir” (F-35I) fighters

Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by Nobody: 12:01am On Apr 24, 2017
mig 29k

1 Like

Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by Nobody: 12:10am On Apr 24, 2017
grin

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (154) (155) (156) (157) (158) (159) (160) ... (667) (Reply)

American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! / Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . / Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.