Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,458 members, 7,958,375 topics. Date: Wednesday, 25 September 2024 at 01:27 PM

Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc - Foreign Affairs (177) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc (1025402 Views)

President Zuma Had Telephonic Discussions With President Trump / Photos: Heavy U.S Military Equipments Arrives Germany Against Russian. / @elbinawi Tweets On International Qudsday (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (174) (175) (176) (177) (178) (179) (180) ... (668) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by lionel4power(m): 5:57pm On May 15, 2017

BREAKING NEWS: US MILITARY BEGINS MANUFACTURING RUSSIAN WEAPONS

Why would U.S. special forces want to manufacture Russian machine guns?
Just watch any video of a conflict such as Iraq and Syria, and the answer becomes clear. Many of the combatants are using Russian or Soviet weapons, or local copies thereof, from rifles to rocket launchers to heavy machine guns mounted on pickups. Which means that when U.S. special forces provide some of these groups with weapons, they have to scrounge through the global arms market to buy Russian hardware as well as spare parts.
So U.S. Special Forces Command, which oversees America’s various commando units, has an idea: instead of buying Russian weapons, why not build their own? That’s why USSOCOM is asking U.S. companies to come up with a plan to manufacture Russian and other foreign weapons.
The goal is to “develop an innovative domestic capability to produce fully functioning facsimiles of foreign-made weapons that are equal to or better than what is currently being produced internationally,” according to the USSOCOM
Small Business Innovation Research proposal.
More specifically, USSOCOM wants American companies to explore whether it is feasible to “reverse engineer or reengineer and domestically produce the following foreign-like weapons: 7.62×54R belt fed light machine gun that resembles a PKM (Pulemyot Kalashnikova Modernizirovany), and a 12.7×108mm heavy machine gun that resembles a Russian-designed NSV (Nikitin, Sokolov, Volkov).”
Applicants for the research project must produce “five fully functional prototypes, to include firing of live ammunition, of a foreign-like weapon that resembles the form, fit, and function of a Russian-designed NSV 12.7×108mm heavy machine gun.”
However, USSOCOM won’t make the process easy by providing assistance such as technical drawings. Interested companies will have to make their own drawings of foreign weapons, acquire the appropriate parts and raw materials, and create a manufacturing capability.
Companies will also have to “address the manufacture of spare parts to support fielded weapons.” In addition, they must be prepared to start up and shut down production as needed, as well as provide varying quantities of weapons.
USSOCOM also emphasizes that foreign weapons must be strictly made in America. Manufacturers “will employ only domestic labor, acquire domestically produced material and parts, and ensure weapon manufacture and assembly in domestic facilities.”
Though USSOCOM is starting with a pair of Russian machine guns, the research proposal speaks of foreign-made weapons in general. “Developing a domestic production capability for foreign-like weapons addresses these issues while being cost effective as well as strengthens the nation’s military-industrial complex, ensures a reliable and secure supply chain, and reduces acquisition lead times."
One wonders whether there could be a copyright issue with producing Russian weapons in America without a license, though Russian and Chinese spies haven’t been reticent about helping themselves to U.S. technology. Either way, it seems like a sensible and economical idea to produce foreign weapons in America, rather than having to procure them from unreliable or unsavory international arms merchants.

1 Like

Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by Nobody: 6:15pm On May 15, 2017
lionel4power:

BREAKING NEWS: US MILITARY BEGINS MANUFACTURING RUSSIAN WEAPONS

Why would U.S. special forces want to manufacture Russian machine guns?
Just watch any video of a conflict such as Iraq and Syria, and the answer becomes clear. Many of the combatants are using Russian or Soviet weapons, or local copies thereof, from rifles to rocket launchers to heavy machine guns mounted on pickups. Which means that when U.S. special forces provide some of these groups with weapons, they have to scrounge through the global arms market to buy Russian hardware as well as spare parts.
So U.S. Special Forces Command, which oversees America’s various commando units, has an idea: instead of buying Russian weapons, why not build their own? That’s why USSOCOM is asking U.S. companies to come up with a plan to manufacture Russian and other foreign weapons.
The goal is to “develop an innovative domestic capability to produce fully functioning facsimiles of foreign-made weapons that are equal to or better than what is currently being produced internationally,” according to the USSOCOM
Small Business Innovation Research proposal.
More specifically, USSOCOM wants American companies to explore whether it is feasible to “reverse engineer or reengineer and domestically produce the following foreign-like weapons: 7.62×54R belt fed light machine gun that resembles a PKM (Pulemyot Kalashnikova Modernizirovany), and a 12.7×108mm heavy machine gun that resembles a Russian-designed NSV (Nikitin, Sokolov, Volkov).”
Applicants for the research project must produce “five fully functional prototypes, to include firing of live ammunition, of a foreign-like weapon that resembles the form, fit, and function of a Russian-designed NSV 12.7×108mm heavy machine gun.”
However, USSOCOM won’t make the process easy by providing assistance such as technical drawings. Interested companies will have to make their own drawings of foreign weapons, acquire the appropriate parts and raw materials, and create a manufacturing capability.
Companies will also have to “address the manufacture of spare parts to support fielded weapons.” In addition, they must be prepared to start up and shut down production as needed, as well as provide varying quantities of weapons.
USSOCOM also emphasizes that foreign weapons must be strictly made in America. Manufacturers “will employ only domestic labor, acquire domestically produced material and parts, and ensure weapon manufacture and assembly in domestic facilities.”
Though USSOCOM is starting with a pair of Russian machine guns, the research proposal speaks of foreign-made weapons in general. “Developing a domestic production capability for foreign-like weapons addresses these issues while being cost effective as well as strengthens the nation’s military-industrial complex, ensures a reliable and secure supply chain, and reduces acquisition lead times."
One wonders whether there could be a copyright issue with producing Russian weapons in America without a license, though Russian and Chinese spies haven’t been reticent about helping themselves to U.S. technology. Either way, it seems like a sensible and economical idea to produce foreign weapons in America, rather than having to procure them from unreliable or unsavory international arms merchants.

russians have rarely cloned american products

chinese have over done it grin

if the americans try to sell cloned copies it will lead to IPR violation

most probably these cloned weapons will be restricted to SF only and for strict internal use
Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by Nobody: 6:31pm On May 15, 2017
T-50-5R (1-05R) in close

2 Likes

Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by Nobody: 6:46pm On May 15, 2017
SU30MKI armed with WVR and BVR missiles along with BRAHMOS (static display)

Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by Nobody: 8:02am On May 16, 2017
LSA (light stealth aircraft) being developed as a private venture, lead by an Indian ex-navy pilot.

i am sincerely hoping that it comes into being , it is a low cost , multi role aircraft with stealth features.

the developer refuses to assign a generation tag to the aircraft which he believes is a marketing gimmick by LM.

according to him the aircraft is a unique design which meets all the requirements of shaping for stealth from all aspects in terms of DIRECTIVITY , REFLECTIVITY and GEOMETRIC AREA.

the developer will use already available resources within the country including already present aircraft's to ensure faster delivery , with low cost and minimum logistic trail due to system commonality with existing infrastructure.

the aircraft will use Al-Li , Ti framework with composite skin.

the normal cruise speed of LSA will be .9 MACH

overall length is 14.1m, fuselage length is 13.75m

for now fuel capacity is pegged at 4.5 tonnes

engines 2 X Honeywell f125x or Indian HTFE 40

the developer claims a range of 2200 Nm on internal fuel while cruising at best/optimal cruise altitude.

interestingly the developer believes that stealth starts from ground and not the air , which is also my line of thought.

present day stealth aircrafts with extensive support and logistics have a larger foot print which will be easily dected and destroyed via standoff strikes.

aircraft's will minimum logistic chain and foot print will have a better chance of getting to the air rather then being blown up on the ground.

the greatest threat to this project is not from outside but from inside , government agencies like DRDO r trying to push there own designs, i hope they fail.

if this one gets done then sky is the limit for Indian technocrats and lazy govt bureaucrats can go fuucck themselves.

Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by Odunayaw(m): 11:00am On May 16, 2017
nemesis2u:
LSA (light stealth aircraft) being developed as a private venture, lead by an Indian ex-navy pilot.

if this one gets done then sky is the limit for Indian technocrats and lazy govt bureaucrats can go fuucck themselves.
I like d idea

you and Indian bureaucrats ehn grin

1 Like

Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by Nobody: 11:30am On May 16, 2017
Odunayaw:
I like d idea

you and Indian fuuccking bureaucrats ehn grin

grin grin grin
Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by bidexiii: 1:07pm On May 16, 2017
Flight tests of Russian new #Ka62 multirole #helicopter will be conducted this year https://sptnkne.ws/exyP

1 Like

Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by bidexiii: 1:08pm On May 16, 2017
Russia's resurgent #drone industry ready for takeoff https://sptnkne.ws/exwn #drones #technology

1 Like

Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by Nobody: 3:56pm On May 16, 2017
grin

Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by giles14(m): 7:23pm On May 16, 2017
just returned from a deep surgical strike in Syria with my F-23 black widow
Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by kikuyu2: 7:43pm On May 16, 2017
nemesis2u:

interesting,

tell me one thing where do u find all this info grin

u must be a real traveller in the cyber world grin grin grin

"army field welfare is often the best reflection of the true face of its regime"

this must be something new for most of the visitors here grin

really interesting issue/topic highlighted by u.

also on a different unrelated note do u know/many r not aware of the importance of terrain and climate acclimatization ?

even the elite of the elite troopers equipped with best gear will fail in a epic way if they r dropped in a conflict zone different from their peace keeping location without the necessary terrain and climate acclimatization.

eg if u take troops used to sea level level and drop them a high altitude terrain , 90 % will become ineffective ( many will even die ), unfit for battle within 12 hours due to High-altitude cerebral oedema, High Altitude Pulmonary Oedema ,acute mountain sickness etc
AARRRRGHHHH!!? Dan fuq happened to my post? I swear It posted. I'll try again. I'be always been a seeker after the real. From when I was a child I was a voracious reader. Regularly I"d pester parents and adults within shouting distance wanting the answers to mysteries like why grass is green or why stars shine.
By the time I was around eleven I"'d read half the Brittanica series of 1973. Then I met an Austrian family friend who shattered my self education,or rather programming. She told me of her happy glorious childhood in Nazi Austria! I was Ben more shocked when she dismissed my bleating about the holocaust.
6 yrs later an uncle of mine was posted to the UN Iran Iraq observer mission. He returned with some INTERESTING info!! Apatently the Iranians had begun PEACEFUL nuke research in 1984. He was close enough to a senior officer of the Pasdaran, sone call this a Republican guard type unit others an SS equivalent, to have a baby with his niece so I've no problems with his info.
He also told me of his Thai course mate at Fort Sill artsy school in the seventies who lost six feet of intestine to a punhi stake. I researcsearched and found that yes,Thais,Phil's,Aussies,New Sees, S Kors and even undeclared SAS all serred under SEATO,the regional NATO. When is the last time Hollywood mentioned this? Even the Anglos like the Aussies in the Vietnam war.
In the mid nineties I met another Austrian friend of family friends who crystallised my growing suspicions that things weren't as they seemed. He was visiting Nairobi and had known pa Shwarzenegger himself; they were from the same home town. He shattered my remaining illusions about world war two and Nazis!
In 98 I met the grandpa of a Japanese pal who actually served on the Solomons. He told me about the Giants which I'm sorry to say I took for the ramblings of Alzheimer's. I've had a number of such lucky meeting with interesting people which filled me with real knowledge since I've ever been thirsty for knowledge. Maybe I'm a good listener! Maybe I subconsciously attract a certain energy,who knows. The same trait introduced me to my Tutsi doppelganger who told me the real reason they'll never be friends with Hutus; the exact opposite of movie b.s.
Long story short. I travel in the amphitheatre oof the actual,the real world. Cyber space is just a side street for me. I come to learn and share the little I dno do know though I remain an enemy of b.s. which includes posers pretenders and fantasists.

2 Likes

Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by tdayof(m): 9:41pm On May 16, 2017
nemesis2u:

I love this cheesy. Been so busy nowadays that I hardly visit Nairaland.

Do you have any update write up on Raytheon Next generation Jammer?

1 Like

Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by Nobody: 10:16pm On May 16, 2017
syrian army women

1 Like

Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by gabng(m): 10:11am On May 17, 2017
@nemesis

You have mail from me.
Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by Nobody: 12:01pm On May 17, 2017
chkil0:
syrian army women

thanks
Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by Nobody: 12:05pm On May 17, 2017
gabng:
@nemesis

You have mail from me.

will check and reply

1 Like

Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by kikuyu1(m): 5:14pm On May 17, 2017
nemesis2u:
JVPC also cleared for induction

Excellent products! Like I said earlier,from my research,most if not all your products are world class. Your Trichus,JVPCs and Kalantaks could find a home in the biggest civilian gun market on earth-the US. Those knowledgeable shooters are always looking for quality and new designs and spend 13.5 bn$ on guns. Is your production up to the challenge?
Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by Nobody: 6:49pm On May 17, 2017
kikuyu1:

Excellent products! Like I said earlier,from my research,most if not all your products are world class. Your Trichus,JVPCs and Kalantaks could find a home in the biggest civilian gun market on earth-the US. Those knowledgeable shooters are always looking for quality and new designs and spend 13.5 bn$ on guns. Is your production up to the challenge?

regarding production capability

govt : not in all sectors due to fuuking bureaucracy, self centered unions and general who cares attitude

private : yes, they r the linchpin if Indian defence industry hopes to challenge the international market

as for penetrating US market (civil) with guns that is a really ! really ! really ! tough ask grin grin grin

Indian guns r not sexy model type grin in aesthetics they r more geared towards functionality. grin

Indian defence market for small arms is huge and the local companies will be occupied with fulfilling it, i doubt they will be able to fulfill export orders if any.

MKU , tongbo r few of the indian companies who sells defence equipments to US and nato

3 Likes

Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by Nobody: 7:12pm On May 17, 2017
INS Kochi (kolkata class destroyers) of Western Naval Command successfully conducted trial firing of the Medium Range Surface to Air Missile (MRSAM) yesterday.

2 Likes

Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by Nobody: 7:35pm On May 17, 2017
AAR rifle

look at the display model angry angry angry

A grade asshole fuukers just laid they hands on a copy which was under trials and displayed it for an exhibition, instead of getting a brand new factory model for display purpose.

hope u realize now why i call them fuukers of the highest order. grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by Nobody: 7:40pm On May 17, 2017
oh la la

me likey her very much grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by Nobody: 8:28pm On May 17, 2017
unconventional fast ships from soviets/russians

1.Lastochka

2.Kometa

3.Sputnik

4.Meteor

Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by kikuyu1(m): 10:04am On May 18, 2017
nemesis2u:
AAR rifle

look at the display model angry angry angry

A grade asshole fuukers just laid they hands on a copy which was under trials and displayed it for an exhibition, instead of getting a brand new factory model for display purpose.

hope u realize now why i call them fuukers of the highest order. grin grin grin

My goodness! The bleeping stock is visibly worn! I see what you mean when you say
regarding production capability

govt : not in all sectors due to fuuking bureaucracy, self centered unions and general who cares attitude

private : yes, they r the linchpin if Indian defence industry hopes to challenge the international market

as for penetrating US market (civil) with guns that is a really ! really ! really ! tough ask grin grin grin

That lazy mentality can't go against HK,Beretta,Sig and other major players-a pity since imo their products can sell themselves in the US market. First a top to bottom mindlift is required.

2 Likes

Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by Nobody: 4:56pm On May 18, 2017
BHARAT 52 self propelled towed artillery gun 155mm 52 caliber

it has a auto loader (the elongated box like appendage on the barrel) , as far as i know the magazine loads 5/6 rounds like a revolver and can fire the same in a burst mode without any intervention from the crew . this is advantageous becz it allows for quick fire of 5/6 rounds without the hassle of reloading manually after every round is fired.

18 guns can drop 6X18 = 108 rounds in a matter of few seconds on their target shocked shocked shocked

3 Likes

Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by Nobody: 1:26am On May 19, 2017
cool

during the derby bvr testfire

1 Like

Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by tdayof(m): 12:00pm On May 19, 2017
Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by bidex111: 1:05pm On May 19, 2017
nemesis2u:
oh la la

me likey her very much grin grin grin

ashawooooo................. shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

1 Like

Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by Nobody: 2:26pm On May 19, 2017
Chinese Sukhoi SU-30 intercepts US Aircraft.

One of the Chinese jets came as close as 150ft (45m) to the US WC-135 plane and flew upside down above it, according to US officials cited by CNN.
The US says the plane was on a mission to detect radiation in international airspace over the East China Sea.

Source:http://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-china-39971267
Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by Nobody: 12:23pm On May 20, 2017
some Jets cockpit

1- F15
2- F16
3- F18
4- F22
5- F35
6- F117

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (174) (175) (176) (177) (178) (179) (180) ... (668) (Reply)

American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! / Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . / Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.