Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,850 members, 7,810,279 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:32 AM

Do You Have Any Questions About God , The Bible Or Christianity? Bring Them Here - Religion (25) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Do You Have Any Questions About God , The Bible Or Christianity? Bring Them Here (69690 Views)

14 Inspiring Bible Verses About God's Love / 10 Hard Questions About Speaking In Tongues With Answers / Islam Or Christianity? Which Is True? Why? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) ... (39) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Do You Have Any Questions About God , The Bible Or Christianity? Bring Them Here by KingEbukasBlog(m): 5:26pm On Oct 11, 2016
4kings:

grin
I believe u understand, but i just don't get why u do not accept and i constantly try to get it out from u but i can't (yet).
Maybe u have a "Pride" or "Emotional(Fear)" problem. tongue

Fear is of the devil angry

wink

grin
Re: Do You Have Any Questions About God , The Bible Or Christianity? Bring Them Here by 4kings: 5:35pm On Oct 11, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

Fear is of the devil angry

wink

grin
SMH
Re: Do You Have Any Questions About God , The Bible Or Christianity? Bring Them Here by 4kings: 5:36pm On Oct 11, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

Gandhi lived a life of austerity and this is not tantamount to being moral . And I don't know who 4kings is
Chai, always looking for faults.
I'm very sure if i mention Bill Gates, you would also tell me things that i don't want to know. Anyways i believe some people live(or most of the time try to live) a true moral life, like Buddha and the rest.

How can u know the Holy-spirit and not know 4kings, i guess u are weak in faith, open your spiritual eyes. grin
Re: Do You Have Any Questions About God , The Bible Or Christianity? Bring Them Here by KingEbukasBlog(m): 5:44pm On Oct 11, 2016
4kings:

Chai, always looking for faults.
I'm very sure if i mention Bill Gates, you would also tell me things that i don't want to know. Anyways i believe some people live(or most of the time try to live) a true moral life, like Buddha and the rest.

Buddha lived a life he believed was morally upright . Most of these people who lived their lives without God must have a made a lifetime subscription to subjective morality . grin

And see how your belief gets destroyed , by whose standards were their lives deemed morally upright ? undecided

Yours ?

How can u know the Holy-spirit and not know 4kings, i guess u are weak in faith, open your spiritual eyes. grin

I still don't know who 4kings is
Re: Do You Have Any Questions About God , The Bible Or Christianity? Bring Them Here by 4kings: 6:00pm On Oct 11, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

Buddha lived a life he believed was morally upright . Most of these people who lived their lives without God must have a made a lifetime subscription to subjective morality . grin
Are u kidding me?

And see how your belief gets destroyed , by whose standards were their lives deemed morally upright ? undecided

Yours ?
Aristotelian standards buttressed with personal reason. tongue

I still don't know who 4kings is
It is an alias for the ONE sent to make the world a better place. cheesy
Re: Do You Have Any Questions About God , The Bible Or Christianity? Bring Them Here by KingEbukasBlog(m): 6:06pm On Oct 11, 2016
twozero:
I wudneed further explanation here pls

The two contradictory creation accounts.
The Book of Genesis begins with two contradictory creation accounts (1:1-2:3 and 2:4-3:24). In the first, God created humans (male and female) after he finished making all of the other animals. In the second, God made one man (“Adam”) and then created all of the animals in order to find a helpmeet for Adam. God brought all of the animals to Adam, but none of them appealed to him. So God made a woman from one of Adam’s ribs to serve his helpmeet.
Here are two of the more obvious contradictions between the two creation accounts.

In the first creation story, humans are created after the other animals.

And God made the beast of the earth after his kind, and cattle after their kind, and every thing that creepeth upon the earth after his kind: and God saw that it was good. And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth. So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them. Genesis 1:25-27

In the second story, humans were created before the other animals.

And the LORD God said, It is not good that the man should be alone; I will make him an help meet for him. And out of the ground the LORD God formed every beast of the field, and every fowl of the air; and brought them unto Adam to see what he would call them: and whatsoever Adam called every living creature, that was the name thereof. Genesis 2:18-19

In the first creation story, the first man and woman were created simultaneously.

So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them. Genesis 1:25-27

In the second account, the man was created first, then the animals, then the woman from the man's rib.

And the LORD God said, It is not good that the man should be alone; I will make him an help meet for him. And out of the ground the LORD God formed every beast of the field, and every fowl of the air; and brought them unto Adam to see what he would call them.... And the LORD God caused a deep sleep to fall upon Adam, and he slept: and he took one of his ribs, and closed up the flesh instead thereof; And the rib, which the LORD God had taken from man, made he a woman, and brought her unto the man. Genesis 2:18-22

'First creation story' is a divine declaration of creation , then the second story is how the actual creation was done .
Re: Do You Have Any Questions About God , The Bible Or Christianity? Bring Them Here by KingEbukasBlog(m): 6:12pm On Oct 11, 2016
4kings:
Are u kidding me?

Does it look like I'm being jocular

Aristotelian standards buttressed with personal reason. tongue

And why did you choose Aristotelian standards ?

@emboldened text - Well that means a thief can justify his actions and will see himself as morally upright grin

Give up bro . Your flawed logic is glaring tongue

It is an alias for the ONE sent to make the world a better place. cheesy

Still does not ring a bell , a strong tintinnabulation would do though
Re: Do You Have Any Questions About God , The Bible Or Christianity? Bring Them Here by 4kings: 6:27pm On Oct 11, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

Does it look like I'm being jocular

And why did you choose Aristotelian standards ?
It agrees with human psychology

@emboldened text - Well that means a thief can justify his actions and will see himself as morally upright grin

Give up bro . Your flawed logic is glaring tongue
Considering human psychology, i doubt (in most cases), that a thief can justify his actions. Even if morality is subjective, the important factor is that "good or bad" is defined by conscious or subconscious reasons gotten from human interactions.

Still does not ring a bell , a strong tintinnabulation would do though
For as it is written: “What no eye has seen, what no ear has heard, and what no human mind has conceived”, will be revealed to only a few beforehand. cool
Re: Do You Have Any Questions About God , The Bible Or Christianity? Bring Them Here by KingEbukasBlog(m): 6:39pm On Oct 11, 2016
4kings:

It agrees with human psychology

This conclusion was drawn from your perspective of morality . Only the creator of man has the right to determine what's morally right or wrong.

Considering human psychology, i doubt (in most cases), that a thief can justify his actions. Even if morality is subjective, the important factor is that "good or bad" is defined by conscious or subconscious reasons gotten from human interactions.
'

I think you meant that subjective morality is validated by conscious or subconscious reasons gotten from human interactions

For as it is written: “What no eye has seen, what no ear has heard, and what no human mind has conceived”, will be revealed to only a few beforehand. cool

Still didn't see '4kings' there
Re: Do You Have Any Questions About God , The Bible Or Christianity? Bring Them Here by 4kings: 6:47pm On Oct 11, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

This conclusion was drawn from your perspective of morality . Only the creator of man has the right to determine what's morally right or wrong.
Why?

I think you meant that subjective morality is validated by conscious or subconscious reasons gotten from human interactions
Yes

Still didn't see '4kings' there
undecided
Re: Do You Have Any Questions About God , The Bible Or Christianity? Bring Them Here by KingEbukasBlog(m): 7:21pm On Oct 11, 2016
4kings:
Why?

Why that ?

Yes

So which do you subscribe to , objective or subjective morality

undecided

Sorry bro tongue
Re: Do You Have Any Questions About God , The Bible Or Christianity? Bring Them Here by 4kings: 8:26pm On Oct 11, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

Why that ?
"Only the creator of man has the right to determine what's morally right or wrong." - KingEbukasBlog
Do you mind explaining, with "facts" not "faith"?

So which do you subscribe to , objective or subjective morality
Subjective.

Sorry bro tongue
Re: Do You Have Any Questions About God , The Bible Or Christianity? Bring Them Here by KingEbukasBlog(m): 1:54am On Oct 12, 2016
@4kings

As a deist , what's your view on Homosexuality and Morality
Re: Do You Have Any Questions About God , The Bible Or Christianity? Bring Them Here by 4kings: 1:58am On Oct 12, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:
@4kings

As a deist , what's your view on Homosexuality and Morality
Morality is subjective - so go figure
Re: Do You Have Any Questions About God , The Bible Or Christianity? Bring Them Here by KingEbukasBlog(m): 2:05am On Oct 12, 2016
4kings:

Morality is subjective - so go figure

Okay then , what's your view on Homosexuality generally
Re: Do You Have Any Questions About God , The Bible Or Christianity? Bring Them Here by 4kings: 2:07am On Oct 12, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

Okay then , what's your view on Homosexuality generally
Indifferent bro.
Re: Do You Have Any Questions About God , The Bible Or Christianity? Bring Them Here by KingEbukasBlog(m): 7:21pm On Oct 18, 2016
This is still open
Re: Do You Have Any Questions About God , The Bible Or Christianity? Bring Them Here by kemifunke: 7:45pm On Oct 18, 2016

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Do You Have Any Questions About God , The Bible Or Christianity? Bring Them Here by KingEbukasBlog(m): 12:42pm On Oct 23, 2016
This is still open
Re: Do You Have Any Questions About God , The Bible Or Christianity? Bring Them Here by KingEbukasBlog(m): 9:08pm On Oct 25, 2016
Lennycool

cool
Re: Do You Have Any Questions About God , The Bible Or Christianity? Bring Them Here by Nobody: 9:15pm On Oct 25, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:
Lennycool
cool

Would a new thread not suffice, this seems over crowded with post
Re: Do You Have Any Questions About God , The Bible Or Christianity? Bring Them Here by KingEbukasBlog(m): 9:18pm On Oct 25, 2016
Lennycool:

Would a new thread not suffice, this seems over crowded with post

This thread was created for the purpose of dealing with different questions about God , Christianity , the Bible etc . Why open a new thread ? People can come and learn from the discussions and rehashed arguments on this thread .
Re: Do You Have Any Questions About God , The Bible Or Christianity? Bring Them Here by Nobody: 9:19pm On Oct 25, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

This thread was created for the purpose of dealing with different questions about God , Christianity , the Bible etc . Why open a new thread ? People can come and learn from the discussions and rehashed arguments on this thread .

Fine then.
Are your ready ebuka?
Because you can start with the Bible's and God's support of rape, slavery and genocide. Remember you must defend these points logically.
Re: Do You Have Any Questions About God , The Bible Or Christianity? Bring Them Here by KingEbukasBlog(m): 9:23pm On Oct 25, 2016
Lennycool:

Fine then.
Are your ready ebuka?
Because you can start with the Bible's and God's support of rape, slavery and genocide. Remember you must defend these points logically.

Check your mentions , I posted links rebutting those . No need to start afresh though atheists have exhausted their arguments against Christianity
Re: Do You Have Any Questions About God , The Bible Or Christianity? Bring Them Here by Nobody: 9:48pm On Oct 25, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

Check your mentions , I posted links rebutting those . No need to start afresh though atheists have exhausted their arguments against Christianity
No oh. Start afresh oh or the whole purpose of coming to this thread will be wasted.
Re: Do You Have Any Questions About God , The Bible Or Christianity? Bring Them Here by KingEbukasBlog(m): 9:52pm On Oct 25, 2016
Lennycool:

No oh. Start afresh oh or the whole purpose of coming to this thread will be wasted.

Start afresh repeating all I said shocked shocked shocked . I don't have that time bro . But one thing is certain and clear , I have my rebuttal against your outlandish accusations against God , where's your rebuttal against the what have been mentioned on those threads ?
Re: Do You Have Any Questions About God , The Bible Or Christianity? Bring Them Here by Nobody: 10:40pm On Oct 25, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

Start afresh repeating all I said shocked shocked shocked . I don't have that time bro . But one thing is certain and clear , I have my rebuttal against your outlandish accusations against God , where's your rebuttal against the what have been mentioned on those threads ?
Then I'll read it later and there's nothing to discuss
Re: Do You Have Any Questions About God , The Bible Or Christianity? Bring Them Here by dalaman: 2:16am On Oct 26, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

'First creation story' is a divine declaration of creation , then the second story is how the actual creation was done .

In reality the first creation story is a rabbinical commentary on the second creation story. So man first came into existence in the middle east?

1 Like

Re: Do You Have Any Questions About God , The Bible Or Christianity? Bring Them Here by KingEbukasBlog(m): 11:15am On Oct 26, 2016
dalaman:

In reality the first creation story is a rabbinical commentary on the second creation story. So man first came into existence in the middle east?

How did you arrive at the conclusion bro ?
Re: Do You Have Any Questions About God , The Bible Or Christianity? Bring Them Here by KingEbukaNaija: 11:47am On Oct 27, 2016
Yup , still open
Re: Do You Have Any Questions About God , The Bible Or Christianity? Bring Them Here by KingEbukaNaija: 5:02pm On Oct 27, 2016
Very much open
Re: Do You Have Any Questions About God , The Bible Or Christianity? Bring Them Here by KingEbukasBlog(m): 6:31pm On Oct 27, 2016
smiley

(1) (2) (3) ... (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) ... (39) (Reply)

Chapel On Biku Hill: World’s Smallest Church In Uganda, Accommodates Three Only / See The New Technique Pastor Now Use To Lure Customers To Their Churches / Lord's Chosen Members In Abakaliki In Acrobatic Stunts (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.