Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,787 members, 7,810,051 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:30 PM

Do You Have Any Questions About God , The Bible Or Christianity? Bring Them Here - Religion (23) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Do You Have Any Questions About God , The Bible Or Christianity? Bring Them Here (69685 Views)

14 Inspiring Bible Verses About God's Love / 10 Hard Questions About Speaking In Tongues With Answers / Islam Or Christianity? Which Is True? Why? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) ... (39) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Do You Have Any Questions About God , The Bible Or Christianity? Bring Them Here by KingEbukasBlog(m): 12:00am On Sep 05, 2016
Still open
Re: Do You Have Any Questions About God , The Bible Or Christianity? Bring Them Here by Image123(m): 1:10pm On Sep 05, 2016
raphieMontella:

thats exactly how it is...non-sense

they say what their God says...

Next time, don't say "SAME". Find out the menaing of words before using them.

the islamic religion is proof..

You are not making any sense, they do not compare. No god surpasses God in power, wisdom, coverage, worship, precision and relevance. You cannot take ANY other god to the bank. Jehovah God is the ONLY God that calls the multitudes in their hundreds and they troop in. 2nd, 3rd or whatever position is not 1st. i'm talking real things you know of, when i bring out data and proof now, you will show that i wasted my time by saying that the numbers do not mean it is the truth. What evidence do you want exactly, faith or unseen?

doesnt make it true..

Oh oh, just like i predict above. It shows it UNIQUE. What do you want to use to measure seeing spiritual things are a challenge for you? i try to help you with physical, you accept but do not feel it makes it true. What makes it true? What kind of evidence do you need exactly?

oh dear..i said converts happen in all religions...
Whats the ignorance there again?

But you just said that i am the one that FEELS so, that the adherents do not FEEL so. Why are you so confused? i talked about regular consistent massive conversions. This happens everywhere and every week. It is not a feeling, it is reality. That naira sells for over 400naira/$ is a reality regardless of feelings. Same with conversions that are visible in crusades and evangelism campaigns.

i said...evidence that yours is the true and real god...
And u started bringing an argument ad population...
Same as above, what sort of other evidence do you want? You rejected biblical evidence, you rejected physical evidence, what do you want?

thats the foolishness of the afterlife..thats the better analogy
Your mistake and your views/analogy are a proof that there is no afterlife. You must be a genius, don't you think?

like i said...do you dictate for yahweh?
Even jesus didnt know where he would be after his death...he both said he will be in paradise and in the earth(matt 12:40 and luke 23:42-43)
a lot more contradictions like Mo' statement in the bible..
We are talking about Mo's eternity, he clearly is not sure of it. i am sure of mine. Jesus clearly said He was going to Heaven to be with His Father, He said it too many times even a toddler is not confused. Unfortunately, you have chosen to be confused. Paradise is a place the spirits of just men go after death. Their bodies are on earth, Jesus is coming back for them. This are clear scripture teachings, it's a miracle that you choose to be confused about it.

are two humans on the earth the same?
Forgive my choice of words...I meant similar..like really similar

Next time, think carefully before you talk, instead of later coming to ask for forgiveness. You need God's forgiveness more.

to show you they are many
https://en.m.wikipeidia.org/wiki/Dying-and-rising_god
u believe the rest to be myths..but not urs...lol sha..
It is not my belief, your links said so, what is my own?

archaelogical evidence makes persons drift away from christianity oga
The same archaeological evidences that make many persons faith grounded. The fire that cooks my food will probably burn yours, no wahala.

are you trying to cop-out?
I actually think you should check the meaning of resurrection not me..
Jesus is the meaning. Who has the so called resurrections helped? You seem to be doing the cop out.

likewise other religions..
You asked for evidence, not me.

and youre still a christian but u want it the other way round..okay
i actually have it, not just want it. When you show me your counterfeit worthless valuables, and i show you mine, you likely want mine.

fell ke? Without predestination judas cannot betray jesus..i cant argue this evident shvt ni!
Speak english. You were predestined to glorify God but you are not.

yes..since you say yours is also literal..why cant theirs be literal?
So theirs should be literal BECAUSE YOU say so but YOU don't believe so? Make sense please.

should we both do the maths?
8 humans(noah's family) around 2400B.C committed incest to give earth's current populace?
For real?

Life is not LIMITED to mathematics. Abijah's father had 88children, not 4 or 2. At that rate, it is very possible.

so u mean their parents are dishonest?

They hardly said that their gods were the correct version, they simply claimed to be gods.
Re: Do You Have Any Questions About God , The Bible Or Christianity? Bring Them Here by Image123(m): 1:26pm On Sep 05, 2016
raphieMontella:

but the bible isnt?
And what proof do u have?...
i said that "None of the gods you speak of claimed to create the world and all humans." The expectation is that you show proof otherwise, not present articles that state clearly that what is being said is a myth. Show us proof that any of your closet gods created the world and all humans.

hian..so God must fit in your own personal view before he/she/it becomes God?...lol...
It is your claim, not mine. Why is the earth a god? Is it still a god? What are the tangible proofs that it is a god

u believe it was made up..but the bible etc sent(dictated) by god..ok.
No Beginning?...Did the initial God have a beginning?

The Bible was not dictated. All the stories you brought can be made up and have no tangible proof or stand to show. The Word of God remains unshaken and undisputed.

boxed in a corner ke?
How then did i know of them?
Who is the devil pls?

By going to the corner, how else? The devil is satan, the fellow that tells you to type rubbish and not give your life to Jesus Christ.

likewise the greek gods...they gave the sacrifices for all to follow
How, WHERE?

sure right..im an agnostic but it doesnt change the fact that there are other hells...sure hells..
Sure but you don't believe. Okay. i'll send in a prayer for you.

ABC..
Thats much more common than contemporary evidences for jesus..
Whatever. Many people know Jesus without the ABC.
Re: Do You Have Any Questions About God , The Bible Or Christianity? Bring Them Here by raphieMontella: 8:08am On Sep 06, 2016
Image123:

i said that "None of the gods you speak of claimed to create the world and all humans.
what do you mean?
What did i give u?

" The expectation is that you show proof otherwise, not present articles that state clearly that what is being said is a myth. Show us proof that any of your closet gods created the world and all humans.
how?
So it was called a myth and u accepted...but when i gave u a link that called jesus a myth u rejected it outright..

Wikipedia calls the genesis creation story a myth...do u agree?
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Genesis_creation_myth

It is your claim, not mine. Why is the earth a god? Is it still a god? What are the tangible proofs that it is a god
because it had to become earth for u to survive..
It made a dire sacrifice..

The Bible was not dictated. All the stories you brought can be made up and have no tangible proof or stand to show. The Word of God remains unshaken and undisputed.
this is a feeble claim...
No proof...creation is no more proof again?

By going to the corner, how else? The devil is satan, the fellow that tells you to type rubbish and not give your life to Jesus Christ.
jesus is a dead jew..who had no intentions of starting what paul started...he was a keeper of jewish laws..and didnt want people to depart from mosaic laws...
So?

How, WHERE?
i gave u just that upwards...

Sure but you don't believe. Okay. i'll send in a prayer for you.
im lost here...
Why are u not afraid of zoroaster's hell?
He first initiated the concept of hell(lake of fire stuff)...why cant his be the original?

Whatever. Many people know Jesus without the ABC.
okay...he was a good jew...i get it..
Re: Do You Have Any Questions About God , The Bible Or Christianity? Bring Them Here by raphieMontella: 8:51am On Sep 06, 2016
Image123:

Next time, don't say "SAME". Find out the menaing of words before using them.
okay..

You are not making any sense, they do not compare. No god surpasses God in power, wisdom, coverage, worship, precision and relevance. You cannot take ANY other god to the bank. Jehovah God is the ONLY God that calls the multitudes in their hundreds and they troop in. 2nd, 3rd or whatever position is not 1st. i'm talking real things you know of, when i bring out data and proof now, you will show that i wasted my time by saying that the numbers do not mean it is the truth. What evidence do you want exactly, faith or unseen?
argument ad population...
Is that the basis for truth?
If so...why then according to your religion..the devil tempts and wins more souls than god...does it mean the devil is true?
Or like in those days...
Lightning was believed to be as a result of god(s) anger...does it make it true?
Im lost here...choose your basis...is it by population?

Oh oh, just like i predict above. It shows it UNIQUE. What do you want to use to measure seeing spiritual things are a challenge for you? i try to help you with physical, you accept but do not feel it makes it true. What makes it true? What kind of evidence do you need exactly?
indisputable facts...
The god presented should fit the attributes given to him...
The word of that god...would be uncontradictory,,infallible and scientific...
A god who really cares about sending your daughter to hell if she steals #50 from you to buy gala would not be a hidden god..
Gullible Personal experiences are an off-key
the dualistic soul#consiousness would have been proven to be independent of the brain..
Etc i can go on and on

But you just said that i am the one that FEELS so, that the adherents do not FEEL so. Why are you so confused? i talked about regular consistent massive conversions. This happens everywhere and every week. It is not a feeling, it is reality. That naira sells for over 400naira/$ is a reality regardless of feelings. Same with conversions that are visible in crusades and evangelism campaigns.
i hope u know in strongholds of other religions#prominent areas..crowds convert to them more in contrast to less prominent areas...
Wait wait wait...
From your argument ad population..the catholic church is the true christian church..they have the highest populace...so?
Do u agree?

[s]Same as above, what sort of other evidence do you want? You rejected biblical evidence[/s]
the bible is not even half an evidence

you rejected physical evidence, what do you want?
the physical evidence is not a standard type of physical evidence..
Many people believe saints have halo's..does it make it true? Or better..many people believe animals are not conscious...does it make it true?
Im lost here...

Your mistake and your views/analogy are a proof that there is no afterlife. You must be a genius, don't you think?
k...u cant disprove snow white did not exist..therefore she existed

We are talking about Mo's eternity, he clearly is not sure of it. i am sure of mine. Jesus clearly said He was going to Heaven to be with His Father, He said it too many times even a toddler is not confused. Unfortunately, you have chosen to be confused. Paradise is a place the spirits of just men go after death. Their bodies are on earth, Jesus is coming back for them. This are clear scripture teachings, it's a miracle that you choose to be confused about it.
in the book of job...it was stated that god destroys both the good and the wicked...so
In other places it says he made people for hell(destiny) so
Wait wait...
spirits
Gnashing of teeth??
Rich man's tongue?
Sitting on thrones??
Talking in heaven??
Oga??

Next time, think carefully before you talk, instead of later coming to ask for forgiveness. You need God's forgiveness more.
its still similar..allah's forgiveness,, vinshu's forgiveness damn!...i need a lot of forgiveness

It is not my belief, your links said so, what is my own?
i gave u links that said yours's a myth...do u now believe?

The same archaeological evidences that make many persons faith grounded. The fire that cooks my food will probably burn yours, no wahala.
true...really true..

Jesus is the meaning. Who has the so called resurrections helped? You seem to be doing the cop out.
a resurrection is simply being brought back to life after death..
I dont understand these contrary meanings you're assigning to the word resurrection

Speak english. You were predestined to glorify God but you are not.
yeah right like judas and jesus's killers...
Oh yeah...he predestined pharaoh just to flex his muscles..

So theirs should be literal BECAUSE YOU say so but YOU don't believe so? Make sense please.
lol..m talking of the followers of the religion..
Or is christianity the only religion?

Life is not LIMITED to mathematics. Abijah's father had 88children, not 4 or 2. At that rate, it is very possible.
lol..not convincing.

They hardly said that their gods were the correct version, they simply claimed to be gods.
oga..stop contradicting yourself...
Read your statement..apply it to the islamic,,hinduist,,zoroasterianism,,parents of a child indoctrinating their child..and see the shining error you made.
Re: Do You Have Any Questions About God , The Bible Or Christianity? Bring Them Here by Image123(m): 3:31pm On Sep 06, 2016
raphieMontella:
still what i said...indirect
sometimes direct cause through demon possessions,,possesing humans and making them mad...etc
and u will say the book doesnt think for you..ok o

It is not at all what you said. You have a penchant for forcing your opinions to make the Bible say what it does not say, now you are doing the same with my words. You said that i am not responsible for my actions but that someone else is. i said NO, i am responsible for my actions. i even gave you scripture passages that shows so. Your conclusion against evidence is "still what i said...indirect"

esther6:6..prov23:7..isaiah10:7..
Imagine an all knowing god...never mentioned the brain in the bible...
Like why??
The CONTEXT in which the Bible used the heart in the passages is not in the sense of a physical organ that pumps blood. It is the inner man. The Bible teaches that man is made up of body, soul and spirit, or the inner man and the outer man. As a man loves God INSIDE, that's the heart context used, or thinks INSIDE, in his spirit. It refers to something you probably don't even believe in, not in the cardiovascular organ. The Bible refers a lot to the human mind which is in the soul, that's your brain in case you are still looking for it in the Bible.

its like coldness is absense of heat...
Grab

Atheism is like coldness is absense of heat? i don't grab, sorry.

na wa..
Is yes and no that scarce?
Simple..are you going to be you?..or another person?

we shall all be changed, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be. But you cancelled it, why? You don't like the answer to your question. You really don't want there to be an answer, do you?

**facepalm**
NVM

What you brought just slapped you in the face...i said atheism's benefit is truth..the rest is open mindedness..
You didnt even go through what you sent..
Atheism's benefit is truth? What is the benefit of that truth, you are going in circles. You say the benefit is openmindedness, Selfdepedency, U control and take responsibility, you become human and charitable. Again like i insist, you do not need to be an atheist to have all that. Any nominal christian can have all that and still be a christian, so no benefits in other words.

Correct!

oh!!..but in the case of atheism it becomes as a result of being atheists?
Is there any honesty here?

Yes, the trend is clear. You have also said it that you do not really basically value human life. If given the powers, you would do same. Same ideology, same devil.

lol..words of jesus from people who didnt even know jesus..okay

So the Bible is not relevant in discussing christianity? You really need to shake your head at the pathetic thing you wrote, i can't do the shaking for you my man.

yes..its a one -time achievement
That's it again, no flukes.

hitler an atheist?
My God
Are you a christian?

you could be a pantheist..u never can tell.
Can a christian be a pantheist?

romans?...etc does it strike any bell?
No bell at all, more of an alarm. Christianity never reigned in Rome in the sense you say. Christianity is following Jesus, being like Jesus, principled and guided by the Bible as it were. Not that a ruler says he/she is a christian. Fashola was a muslim governor in Lagos, but islam did not reign. i hope you can understand that. Buhari is a muslim, but Nigeria is not governed by Islamic way despite all the cries of the alarmists. It is not so, at least not yet. That someone in power claims to be a particular religion does not mean that religion is ruling. But when the Bible becomes the constitution, the order that is followed, like in Sharia states where they try to use the koran. That is what i am asking you to present example of. CHRISTIANITY has not been in state affairs control and brought catastrophe.

u may be a worshipper of krishna...u never can tell
You don't seem to know what worship means.

i told you...it is misleading
No it is not. Is agnosticism misleading? Agnostics commit suicide all the time, does that prove anything is misleading or there is no afterlife?

na..wish what you want...
Wouldnt make it true though..
God said mine, who said yours? No one but you. But you affirm yours to be true, so i ask. What makes your wishes righter than any other person's?

ok..who judges the life of animals?
How do they give account for their sins?
So you accept that i did not say so subtly. Animals are useless compared to humans, i do not hold your position that they are basically the same. If you feel so interested in judging them, you are welcome.

sure means...happy?
Okay, a happy implantation. What does that mean?

God made you mr man, whether you like it or not.
your belief...
truth=my parents mated to make me
It is not a repeatable process, is it?

Knowledge is not a contrast to freewill. If i know you, does it mean i forced you to be what i know?
are you all knowing?
Did you create me?
Knowing you or creating you does not translate into forcing you to be what I know.

i say again, Jesus IS coming. He said it after Peter died for Pete's sake literally.
Rev 22:7 Behold, I come quickly: blessed is he that keepeth the saying of the prophecy of this book.
Rev 22:20 He which testifieth these things saith, Surely I come quickly. Amen. Even so, come, Lord Jesus.
is jesus on african time or something?
Wtf is quickly?
Are you in daniel,,peter's generation?
He's on God's time which is eternally long to us but not to Him. See how that flew right over your head? If He uses man's language, you complain, if He uses His language, you still complain.
Re: Do You Have Any Questions About God , The Bible Or Christianity? Bring Them Here by raphieMontella: 7:23pm On Sep 08, 2016
Image123:

It is not at all what you said. You have a penchant for forcing your opinions to make the Bible say what it does not say.
u just lied oo

now you are doing the same with my words. You said that i am not responsible for my actions but that someone else is. i said NO, i am responsible for my actions. i even gave you scripture passages that shows so. Your conclusion against evidence is "still what i said...indirect"
u refused to adress the issue raised

The CONTEXT in which the Bible used the heart in the passages is not in the sense of a physical organ that pumps blood. It is the inner man.
wow wow so if it had said...
They thought in their brain..then t'wud have been a physical organ?

The Bible refers a lot to the human mind which is in the soul, that's your brain in case you are still looking for it in the Bible.
is the brain the soul?
Post the places im lost here...

Atheism is like coldness is absense of heat? i don't grab, sorry.
its not a thing!
Thats what am saying...

we shall all be changed, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be. But you cancelled it, why? You don't like the answer to your question. You really don't want there to be an answer, do you?
the change is it not from man form to a self sustaining spirit form??
I mean are u going to be me...and i u?

Atheism's benefit is truth? What is the benefit of that truth,
wtf is truth?

you are going in circles.
you are twisting what i said...
Not me

You say the benefit is openmindedness, Selfdepedency, U control and take responsibility,
thats openmindedness..
Religion makes u a close minded person...
And an irreligious/secular person is not exclusively an atheist..grab?

you become human and charitable.
never said that...thats humane!
not based on any religious views

Again like i insist, you do not need to be an atheist to have all that. Any nominal christian can have all that and still be a christian, so no benefits in other words.
and a christian can also be uncharitable and possess cruel...
Bt christianity/archaic books make it seem you need to believe in an archaic book to be good..

Yes, the trend is clear. You have also said it that you do not really basically value human life.
wow then the trend is also clear for christians..they based and justified their actions on passages in the bible...
So christianity is bad,,unscientific,,,,in support of slavery,,misogynistic,,barbaric,,in support of murder,, gosh ! just to mention but a few..

If given the powers, you would do same.
now this is quite silly!

Same ideology, same devil.
u know...we are all devils...
In allahs eye u are a devil..
In vinshu's eye u are the son of a devil or a devil..
In zeus's almighty bloody eye...u are a big devil...and his grace and patience on you will soon run out..

So the Bible is not relevant in discussing christianity? You really need to shake your head at the pathetic thing you wrote, i can't do the shaking for you my man.
is jesus not god?
Is he not the same god who stated the old testament?
Or are they not one being again?
Are they now acting and thinking separately?

Are you a christian?
are u an atheist

Can a christian be a pantheist?
i thought god is everywhere?
can an atheist be a millitant sinner willingly on the broadway to hell he doesnt revere?

No bell at all, more of an alarm. Christianity never reigned in Rome in the sense you say. Christianity is following Jesus, being like Jesus,
is jesus not god?

principled and guided by the Bible as it were. Not that a ruler says he/she is a christian. Fashola was a muslim governor in Lagos, but islam did not reign. i hope you can understand that. Buhari is a muslim, but Nigeria is not governed by Islamic way despite all the cries of the alarmists. It is not so, at least not yet. That someone in power claims to be a particular religion does not mean that religion is ruling. But when the Bible becomes the constitution, the order that is followed, like in Sharia states where they try to use the koran. That is what i am asking you to present example of. CHRISTIANITY has not been in state affairs control and brought catastrophe.
oh..but atheism has been in murders?
U cant escape this cobweb u created for yourself brother...admit the truth..its no ''sin'' to be truthful..

You don't seem to know what worship means.
then do u know what agnosticism is? Or tell me..define worship

No it is not. Is agnosticism misleading? Agnostics commit suicide all the time, does that prove anything is misleading or there is no afterlife?
not because of their afterlife beliefs..

God said mine, who said yours? No one but you. But you affirm yours to be true, so i ask.
must someone say something for you?
god said yours through a book...
This is what i mean..the bible thinks for you

What makes your wishes righter than any other person's?
its not necessarily a wish..i just said it that way

So you accept that i did not say so subtly. Animals are useless compared to humans, i do not hold your position that they are basically the same. If you feel so interested in judging them, you are welcome.
lol...a nice cop-out

Okay, a happy implantation. What does that mean?
a sure implantation

It is not a repeatable process, is it?
can god create humans again from clay?
Is his creation repeatable?
How does fertilization occur?
Fastest sperm oga..

Knowing you or creating you does not translate into forcing you to be what I know.
i ask again...are u nd ur supposed god equal?

He's on God's time which is eternally long to us but not to Him. See how that flew right over your head? If He uses man's language, you complain, if He uses His language, you still complain.
lol...but 3 days was 3 days...
How?
Lol sha...

1 Like

Re: Do You Have Any Questions About God , The Bible Or Christianity? Bring Them Here by 4kings: 7:32pm On Sep 08, 2016
@KingEbukasBlog
Didn't Jesus commit suicide? wink
Re: Do You Have Any Questions About God , The Bible Or Christianity? Bring Them Here by KingEbukasBlog(m): 3:04pm On Sep 10, 2016
4kings:
@KingEbukasBlog
Didn't Jesus commit suicide? wink

2 Likes

Re: Do You Have Any Questions About God , The Bible Or Christianity? Bring Them Here by 4kings: 7:02pm On Sep 17, 2016
Re: Do You Have Any Questions About God , The Bible Or Christianity? Bring Them Here by 4kings: 7:06pm On Sep 17, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

Every religion operates by faith. So how would you advise someone to accept your religion/belief, with reasons distinguishing your faith from other religions.
Re: Do You Have Any Questions About God , The Bible Or Christianity? Bring Them Here by KingEbukasBlog(m): 12:58am On Oct 01, 2016
This thread is still open smiley
Re: Do You Have Any Questions About God , The Bible Or Christianity? Bring Them Here by KingEbukasBlog(m): 9:59am On Oct 02, 2016
Its a Sunday people , let's talk about Christ and the bible
Re: Do You Have Any Questions About God , The Bible Or Christianity? Bring Them Here by KingEbukasBlog(m): 4:55pm On Oct 02, 2016
Still open
Re: Do You Have Any Questions About God , The Bible Or Christianity? Bring Them Here by alchemist13: 7:19pm On Oct 02, 2016
Hello KingEbukasBlog. I trust you are doing well. I want to know if the official Israelite theology was polytheistic in light of passages like:

Psalms 86:8
There is none like you among the gods, O Lord [Yahweh], nor are there any works like yours.

Psalms 97:9
For you, O LORD, are most high over all the earth;
you are exalted far above all gods.

Deu 32:8 — Deu 32:9
When the Most High [Elyon] gave to the nations their inheritance,
when he divided mankind,
he fixed the borders of the peoples
according to the number of the sons of God.
But the Lord's [Yahweh's] portion is his people,
Jacob his allotted heritage.

Job 1:6
Now there was a day when the sons of God came to present themselves before the Lord, and Satan also came among them.

Debut 32:43
Rejoice with him, O heavens;bow down to him, all gods...

Thanks in advance for your response.

Cc winner01 , Richirich713, scholar8200 , malvisguy212 , Muafrika2 Dejideji1 , truthman2012, Image123 , InesQor, Joshthefirst, MrPresident1, gatiano sukkot, OLAADEGBU , vooks, UyiIredia Jeromejnr
Re: Do You Have Any Questions About God , The Bible Or Christianity? Bring Them Here by KingEbukasBlog(m): 7:50pm On Oct 02, 2016
alchemist13:
Hello KingEbukasBlog. I trust you are doing well. I want to know if the official Israelite theology was polytheistic in light of passages like:

Psalms 86:8
There is none like you among the gods, O Lord [Yahweh], nor are there any works like yours.

Psalms 97:9
For you, O LORD, are most high over all the earth;
you are exalted far above all gods.

When the Most High [Elyon] gave to the nations their inheritance,
when he divided mankind,
But the Lord's [Yahweh's] portion is his people,
Jacob his allotted heritage.

Job 1:6
Now there was a day when the sons of God came to present themselves before the Lord, and Satan also came among them.

Debut 32:43
Rejoice with him, O heavens;bow down to him, all gods...

Thanks in advance for your response.

Cc winner01 , Richirich713, scholar8200 , malvisguy212 , Muafrika2 Dejideji1 , truthman2012, Image123 , InesQor, Joshthefirst, MrPresident1, gatiano sukkot, OLAADEGBU , vooks, UyiIredia Jeromejnr

Thank you bro .

I don't think it was , its more of showing the disparity between God and the gods of other nations .
Re: Do You Have Any Questions About God , The Bible Or Christianity? Bring Them Here by alchemist13: 8:00pm On Oct 02, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

Thank you bro .

I don't think it was , its more of showing the disparity between God and the gods of other nations .

Thanks once again.

However your answer does not address passages like Deut 32:8-9 which seems to put Yahweh as one of the sons of God to receive an inheritance or portion from the 'Most High'.

I know there is an assumption that Most High and Lord (as translated by most versions) are one and the same but the earliest manuscripts make no such assumption. See Psalm 82
Re: Do You Have Any Questions About God , The Bible Or Christianity? Bring Them Here by KingEbukasBlog(m): 1:16pm On Oct 03, 2016
alchemist13:

Thanks once again.

However your answer does not address passages like Deut 32:8-9 which seems to put Yahweh as one of the sons of God to receive an inheritance or portion from the 'Most High'.

I know there is an assumption that Most High and Lord (as translated by most versions) are one and the same but the earliest manuscripts make no such assumption. See Psalm 82

In Psalm 82 , kings , judges , magistrates were referred to as gods and being among them means that he observes their conduct, and passes sentence upon them accordingly .

In Deut 32:8-9 , God divided all mankind , he gave all nations their inheritance and then chose Israel to be his special people .
Re: Do You Have Any Questions About God , The Bible Or Christianity? Bring Them Here by alchemist13: 3:53pm On Oct 03, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

In Psalm 82 , kings , judges , magistrates were referred to as gods and being among them means that he observes their conduct, and passes sentence upon them accordingly .

In Deut 32:8-9 , God divided all mankind , he gave all nations their inheritance and then chose Israel to be his special people .

Psalm 82 cannot refer to kings, judges etc for the ff reason:

Elohim literally means god or gods and is only rearly used to refer to human leaders. Therefore for elohim to refer to human leaders there must be clear evidence from the context. So let's examine the context.

• Elohim is said to stand in the midst of the assembly of El. Clearly Elohim is in a prosecutorial role not a Judicial role. So elohim is clearly different and inferior to El.

• Execution of justice is often attributed to gods in the ancient near east. Yahweh is often praised for his justice.

• Note verses 6 and 7. 'Son of the Most High' is often used to refer to junior deities in the Canaanite/Israelite pantheon. Now what is the one thing that all gods have, irrespective of their powers, that all humans don't have?
Immortality! And that is what the protagonist god is threatening the other gods with! Why will the fact that human leaders will die like other men be a threat to them?

Note also that verse 7 says they will die like one of the princes. Are princes not human leaders? Princes become kings and in many cases can act under the authority of their fathers as judges. So this passage cannot refer to humans.

• This passage clearly has Deuteronomy 32 in mind. As a speaker who is clearly a worshiper of the protagonist, urges him to take the responsibility off the other gods and judge the whole earth and inherit the nations.
Re: Do You Have Any Questions About God , The Bible Or Christianity? Bring Them Here by alchemist13: 4:20pm On Oct 03, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

How did you arrive at the conclusion that God gave all nations their inheritance from the passage? Let me quote the passage:
When the Most High gave to the nations their inheritance,
when he divided mankind,
But the Lord's portion is his people,
Jacob his allotted heritage. (ESV)

Note that I ams using the ESV version since it is based on the older and more reliable Dead Sea scrolls manuscript rather than KJV which relies on the Masoretic manuscripts. The KJV says that the nations where divided according to the number of the children of Israel, which suffice to say, makes no sense. More on this later.

It is clear from the passage that the nations where divided by the number of the sons of god so as to allocate nations to each of them. This rasies a lot of questions about the theology of Israel in the 11th to 9th century BCE which we shall examine:

• Even if we make the common mistake of claiming Elyon and Yahweh as one and the same, then a straight forward reading would mean that Yahweh is just the head of a pantheon of gods which means that early Israelite religion was monolatrist at best.

• In relation to the fist point, one should wonder how foreign nations should be criticized from serving other gods since it is Yahweh that allocated their gods in the first place!

• Dismissing the conflation of Elyon and Yahweh, it is clear from the passage that, Yahweh is just one of the junior deities receiving his allocated portion that is Israel. Suffice to say, one cannot give himself an inheritance; one can only receive an inheritance or allotment.
Re: Do You Have Any Questions About God , The Bible Or Christianity? Bring Them Here by KingEbukasBlog(m): 6:33pm On Oct 03, 2016
alchemist13:

Psalm 82 cannot refer to kings, judges etc for the ff reason:

Elohim literally means god or gods and is only rearly used to refer to human leaders. Therefore for elohim to refer to human leaders there must be clear evidence from the context. So let's examine the context.

• Elohim is said to stand in the midst of the assembly of El. Clearly Elohim is in a prosecutorial role not a Judicial role. So elohim is clearly different and inferior to El.

• Execution of justice is often attributed to gods in the ancient near east. Yahweh is often praised for his justice.

• Note verses 6 and 7. 'Son of the Most High' is often used to refer to junior deities in the Canaanite/Israelite pantheon. Now what is the one thing that all gods have, irrespective of their powers, that all humans don't have?
Immortality! And that is what the protagonist god is threatening the other gods with! Why will the fact that human leaders will die like other men be a threat to them?

Note also that verse 7 says they will die like one of the princes. Are princes not human leaders? Princes become kings and in many cases can act under the authority of their fathers as judges. So this passage cannot refer to humans.

• This passage clearly has Deuteronomy 32 in mind. As a speaker who is clearly a worshiper of the protagonist, urges him to take the responsibility off the other gods and judge the whole earth and inherit the nations.

You already asked the question with preconceptions , and not a tabula rasa so it will be difficult convincing you to change your mind .

Psalm 82 : 8
Arise, O God, judge the earth;
For You shall inherit all nations.

This obviously confirms that Yahweh is indeed the Most High and of course inheriting the earth refers to the Kingdom of Christ .

Also 'elohim' was used to refer to humans in that context

Take a look at
Romans 13 :1
13 Let every person be subject to the governing authorities. For there is no authority except from God, and those that exist have been instituted by God.

As governing authorities - judges , kings , magistrates - they have been instituted by God . So its like an elevated status since power and authority can only be given unto anyone by God . Remember they were referred to as "gods" . If you had read other versions "gods" is written with quotation marks because they are not deities .

Also their death like ordinary men simply means that even though they were instituted as judges by Him and are referred to as gods , they are nothing but mere men , mortals , and will die like one . Their appellations won't preclude them from being judged by the Judge Himself and their death will be like one experienced by ordinary men which they indeed are .

"Prince" which is now a new term , previously called "gods" , means other wicked unjust rulers , judges , anyone one who has authority on earth . They "gods" will fall like them "prince"

1 Like

Re: Do You Have Any Questions About God , The Bible Or Christianity? Bring Them Here by Nobody: 7:08pm On Oct 03, 2016
KingEbukaNaija:
Are there questions about God , the bible or Christianity that have been bothering you for a while now . Please post them so they can be addressed by knowledgeable Christians on this forum .
why did god kill 50070 men for peeking into the ark of the covenant 1 Samuel 6:19
Re: Do You Have Any Questions About God , The Bible Or Christianity? Bring Them Here by Nobody: 7:17pm On Oct 03, 2016
Image123:

He has not come because he wants you to repent, why else? The Universe was not created in six days, the Bible does not say that. The delay is not due to the price of Dangote cement if that is what you are implying.
he wants me to repent yet everyday babies are born will jesus wait again for them to grow and also repent and mind you while they grow new babies are born which means jesus will never come then
Re: Do You Have Any Questions About God , The Bible Or Christianity? Bring Them Here by KingEbukasBlog(m): 7:31pm On Oct 03, 2016
junaidinho:

he wants me to repent yet everyday babies are born will jesus wait again for them to grow and also repent and mind you while they grow new babies are born which means jesus will never come then

Oh no no bro . Read the first page of this thread , you'd see where I addressed kids and the age of accountability .
Re: Do You Have Any Questions About God , The Bible Or Christianity? Bring Them Here by 4kings: 7:46pm On Oct 03, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

Oh no no bro . Read the first page of this thread , you'd see where I addressed kids and the age of accountability .
address ke, out of conjecture? tongue

1 Like

Re: Do You Have Any Questions About God , The Bible Or Christianity? Bring Them Here by Nobody: 7:53pm On Oct 03, 2016
KingEbukaNaija:

Please understand me . Jesus is God . And whatever Yahweh commands , it applies to both Jesus and the Holy Spirit .

You dig ?
you all confuse people you are saying jesus is god and when i was in school(babcock) i asked a pastor if jesus is god and he said no
Re: Do You Have Any Questions About God , The Bible Or Christianity? Bring Them Here by Nobody: 8:11pm On Oct 03, 2016
KingEbukaNaija:

Its all over the news , you just dont want to pay attention wink
all over the news? please what station and when and please dont refer me to their website for the video
and if they cure cancer do you know his church would be a tourist attraction by now

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Do You Have Any Questions About God , The Bible Or Christianity? Bring Them Here by Nobody: 8:22pm On Oct 03, 2016
junaidinho:

why did god kill 50070 men for peeking into the ark of the covenant 1 Samuel 6:19
@KingEbukaNaija still waiting for your answer to this
Re: Do You Have Any Questions About God , The Bible Or Christianity? Bring Them Here by KingEbukasBlog(m): 8:11pm On Oct 04, 2016
4kings:

address ke, out of conjecture? tongue

My nigga ! Howdy bro ?
Re: Do You Have Any Questions About God , The Bible Or Christianity? Bring Them Here by KingEbukasBlog(m): 8:12pm On Oct 04, 2016
junaidinho:

all over the news? please what station and when and please dont refer me to their website for the video
and if they cure cancer do you know his church would be a tourist attraction by now

Its called Chosen TV .
Re: Do You Have Any Questions About God , The Bible Or Christianity? Bring Them Here by Nobody: 8:26pm On Oct 04, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

Its called Chosen TV .
when i asked you to show me the video i said DONT REFER ME TO THEIR WEBSITE but you chose not to see that
and you have still not answered why god killed 50,070 men for peeking into the ark of the covenant 1 Samuel 6:19
Re: Do You Have Any Questions About God , The Bible Or Christianity? Bring Them Here by KingEbukasBlog(m): 8:36pm On Oct 04, 2016
junaidinho:

It was forbidden to look into the Ark

(1) (2) (3) ... (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) ... (39) (Reply)

Sixth And Seventh Books Of Moses - The Power Source For Our Miracle Pastors / Chapel On Biku Hill: World’s Smallest Church In Uganda, Accommodates Three Only / See The New Technique Pastor Now Use To Lure Customers To Their Churches

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 140
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.