Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,852 members, 7,810,280 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:44 AM

Ribadu Resurfaces In Nigeria! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ribadu Resurfaces In Nigeria! (6183 Views)

Revealed! Another Okija Shrine Resurfaces In Anambra State As APGA Forces Wi / Ribadu’s Appointment Is An Insult – Tinubu / Police Destroy Illegal Refineries In Abia As It Resurfaces In Rivers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ribadu Resurfaces In Nigeria! by proudly9ja(m): 2:10am On Sep 11, 2009
I love this guy. They said he was declared wanted, they also said the wil extradite him. Now the guy willingly on his own, visited the country, went to a very open and public place (Gani Fawehinmi's house) and then Abuja before going back to the US.

Question is, if they so much had anything on him, why wasn't he arrested? or were our security forces sleeping all through the time he was around?

In a move that caught many unawares, former chairman of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC), Mallam Nuhu Ribadu, reappeared in the country yesterday and visited the residence of the late human rights activist, Chief Gani Fawehinmi.

Ribadu, who is being tried in absentia by the Code of Conduct Tribunal for allegedly violating the Code of Conduct provision on the declaration of assets by public officers, had fled the country last year claiming threat to his life.

Ribadu was removed in controversial circumstances on November 30, 2008 by the Federal Government, following President Umaru Musa Yar’Adua’s approval of his nomination for a course at the National Institute for Policy and Strategic Studies (NIPSS), Kuru, Plateau State.

He was replaced by Assistant Commissioner of Police, Ibrahim Lamorde, as acting chairman of the EFCC.
He was later demoted from the rank of Assistant Inspector-General of Police to Deputy Commissioner of Police, and later sacked for “indiscipline, insubordination and absence from duty”.

The ex-EFCC chair then went on self-exile, prompting Nigerian security agencies to place him under watch.

He is currently in court challenging most of the actions taken against him by the government and the police authorities.

Gani had condemned the removal of Ribadu, saying that the government had subverted the anti-corruption crusade embarked upon by the EFCC under the leadership of Ribadu.

Yesterday, Ribadu arrived at Gani’s residence at about 6pm. Dressed in white babanriga, his trademark, he went straight into the residence of late legal luminary to meet with the members of the deceased family.

He was overwhelmed with emotion. He could not hold back his tears as he broke down while discussing with the members of the family. After chatting with the family for about 25 minutes, he insisted that he would want to see Gani’s remains in order to pay his last respects.

He was taken to Ikeja mortuary in company with Lagos-based lawyer, Femi Falana, and other few members of the family, and left for Abuja immediately to catch his flight back to the United States of America.

In the condolence register, Ribadu described Gani as father and wrote Oxford, UK as his address.
“I have lost a father, a friend and a mentor, but I’m grateful to God for the chance to have had a very inspiring relationship with Chief. He helped to shape my life. He made me to believe in the truth and trust, and has courage to stand by those ideas. May his kind and gentle soul rest in peace. God will be kind to Gani because he was a kind and good man,” he said.

Ribadu was one of the six police officers nominated and sent on senior executive course at NIPSS, Kuru.

While on course, he was demoted to the rank of DCP along with 139 officers, who were allegedly wrongfully promoted. He was also accused of instituting legal proceedings against the Inspector-General of Police, AG and the Police Service Commission, at a Federal High Court in Lagos, without proper authority from government.

He was also said to have disregarded his posting order and refused to proceed on transfer when he was posted to zone 5, Benin, as deputy commissioner of police in charge of administration, since 21 November, contrary to sections 349, 348 and 347 of the Police Act.

http://www.thisdayonline.com/nview.php?id=154172
Re: Ribadu Resurfaces In Nigeria! by Nobody: 2:18am On Sep 11, 2009
Long live the legend!!!
Re: Ribadu Resurfaces In Nigeria! by puskin: 2:22am On Sep 11, 2009
Ribadu has learnt 007 tactics nd besides the Farida is still busy pursuing phantom debtors
Re: Ribadu Resurfaces In Nigeria! by puskin: 2:26am On Sep 11, 2009
Ribadu dìd Farida, the MORE U look, the LESS U see.
Re: Ribadu Resurfaces In Nigeria! by TheSeeker(m): 2:42am On Sep 11, 2009
Nigeria government can talk a lot of rubbish. What they can't do in ten years, they will boast of completion in ten days. The guy didn't do nothing, agreed that he was used by OBJ but he still did noble things. Waziri is also another cheat in power with fake documents
Re: Ribadu Resurfaces In Nigeria! by Moves: 10:42am On Sep 11, 2009
Ribadu, and so people will say the guy is fearful, Boy u r fearless, Abuja & Lagos and nothing happen, On the same day the AG Andonkaa was chatting rubbish about dealing with him, Well I guess he knew do wont dare touch him, talk about being smart,
Re: Ribadu Resurfaces In Nigeria! by back2back(f): 11:46am On Sep 11, 2009
I guess RIBADU with this action has shown he is a criminal!

Here is a man that is wanted by Nigeria State(right or wrong is not my concern)

He should turn himself up like a LAW abiding citizen.

Gani that he came to visit always turn himself up. He never run away from the law.

Ribadu has shown that he is bigger than Nigeria. What a shame!!!
Re: Ribadu Resurfaces In Nigeria! by Nobody: 11:51am On Sep 11, 2009
back2back:

Gani that he came to visit always turn himself up. He never run away from the law.

fool
mugu

ur evil plans will not come to past

the reason gani died of sickness is the disease he contracted in jail
that is what it means to turn urself in in nigeria
Re: Ribadu Resurfaces In Nigeria! by Nobody: 11:51am On Sep 11, 2009
Oh Ribadua, My Mentor. I can not imagine how sad you feel right noe. A country where wicked and curropt people are rewarded and people with intergrity are pusnished and even killed. God help me to understand all these.
Re: Ribadu Resurfaces In Nigeria! by PeeDaVinci: 11:59am On Sep 11, 2009
back2back:

yoruba pple wil say " moja mosa la fi n mo akinkanju loju ogun" - in other words, he who fights and run run away lives to fight another day!!

FYI, Gani had to sneak out of the country a couple of times during abacha's regime, Soyinka (as u r aware) was out the country. some pple stayed back and never livedd to see their hopes and aspirations come true (saro wiwa, abiola). Staying back when you know you wil be killed is not bravery/courage rather stupidity
Re: Ribadu Resurfaces In Nigeria! by jaso1(m): 12:54pm On Sep 11, 2009
@BACKTOBACK,
Your comment here reflect your kind and what can be a menace and obstacle to the development of this deteriorated country if left uncution.
who are you? Are you a Nigerian? your responce to this ignite more bomb on your forehead.
Re: Ribadu Resurfaces In Nigeria! by esajay1: 12:58pm On Sep 11, 2009
correct guy! nothing do you at all!
Re: Ribadu Resurfaces In Nigeria! by sharpman1(m): 1:07pm On Sep 11, 2009
back2back:

Absolute rubbish and nonsense!!!! angry
Re: Ribadu Resurfaces In Nigeria! by Nobody: 1:08pm On Sep 11, 2009
Very correct guy jare

MAybe the US government even sent SSS to watch him while in Nigeria

Shame on our mouth Government
Re: Ribadu Resurfaces In Nigeria! by desgiezd(m): 1:10pm On Sep 11, 2009
back2back:

What a contribution!!

It is clear that you dont wish this guy well. For your information, the guy passed through both Lagos and Abuja airports and if the numerous security agencies at these airports failed to see him, that's their problem and that of those who put them there.

Ribadu remains a man much loved by Nigerians and there is nothing the likes of you can do about that.
Re: Ribadu Resurfaces In Nigeria! by Marymos: 1:14pm On Sep 11, 2009
This is what u get as reward for fighting corruption in Nigeria.Ribadu did what no one has ever done in terrorising people that stole from the country yet,some people are still criticizing him.They say Obasanjo used him against his enemies.Today he can not stay in the country becos all those that were found wanting are trying to eliminate his life.We have a very long way to go in this country.God help Nigeria.
Re: Ribadu Resurfaces In Nigeria! by Eaglebabe: 1:20pm On Sep 11, 2009
Ribadu is a hero there is nothing anybody can do about it.If they like let them declare him needed not only wanted.
Re: Ribadu Resurfaces In Nigeria! by jaso1(m): 1:25pm On Sep 11, 2009
Ribadu still has more to offer his father land and nobody i repeat nobody can stop him, this is what he has determined to handle and he just started taking stock of his inventory more in offing. If we don't embrace change who will? this ia a question for you and i this country is at the tale of damaged beyond repair, Nigerians wake up from slumber.
Re: Ribadu Resurfaces In Nigeria! by okeey(m): 1:29pm On Sep 11, 2009
nice one and a sharp man
Re: Ribadu Resurfaces In Nigeria! by Kabikala(m): 1:33pm On Sep 11, 2009
Ribadu is a hypocrite.
Simple.
Re: Ribadu Resurfaces In Nigeria! by jaso1(m): 1:35pm On Sep 11, 2009
Did he arest any of your relatives? As you talk like one of the cawards.
Re: Ribadu Resurfaces In Nigeria! by Nobody: 1:36pm On Sep 11, 2009
back2back:

Turn himself up so that he can be maltreated or killed right!! How dare you compare him with Gani. Do you know the amount of "BULLETPROOF" that Ganis mother gave him. Do you know how many times they tried to kill Gani without success. Ribadu on the other hand can be killed by a simple chicken. He doesnt have ODEISHI. Best bet is to abscond.
Re: Ribadu Resurfaces In Nigeria! by kayc33(m): 1:42pm On Sep 11, 2009
back2back:

I[b] guess RIBADU with this action has shown he is a criminal!
[/b]

hmmm i suspect he (RIBADU) demolished one or more of your relative's properties. undecided
how you go dey talk like dat?
Re: Ribadu Resurfaces In Nigeria! by Depilot(m): 1:45pm On Sep 11, 2009
I love this guy. They said he was declared wanted, they also said the wil extradite him. Now the guy willingly on his own, visited the country, went to a very open and public place (Gani Fawehinmi's house) and then Abuja before going back to the US.
I do not hate the guy, it will be a waste of time.
But if we understand 1 or 2 things about the way things go in Nigeria, we wouldn't be quick to give so much credit to Ribadu for showing up again.

What is going on here is called political game, and Ribadu is part of the game. Even though, he was forced into taking part because at first he did not totally understand the game, but do not let us be fooled, he's now a major part of the Nigerian political game.

FYI: They knew he was coming (because he made the arrangement in advance).

SideNote: Ribadu is also my guy, but I hate to be taken for a fool.
Re: Ribadu Resurfaces In Nigeria! by sleekp1: 1:46pm On Sep 11, 2009
back2back:

Jail him weather right or wrong? You are either a retard or an enemy of this country.
Re: Ribadu Resurfaces In Nigeria! by sleekp1: 1:49pm On Sep 11, 2009
Depilot:

By your statement it seems you've already been taken for a fool.
Re: Ribadu Resurfaces In Nigeria! by Sexyuhlala(f): 1:54pm On Sep 11, 2009
word
Re: Ribadu Resurfaces In Nigeria! by Beaf: 2:02pm On Sep 11, 2009
By the Grace of God, one day a man with both honesty and the steely constitutuition needed to change the country will rule.

I will vote for Ribadu anyday. I strongly believe that a man of his calibre should seriously consider forming a political party. He doesn't even have to be on the ground to do that.
Re: Ribadu Resurfaces In Nigeria! by K3L3CH1: 2:05pm On Sep 11, 2009
Depilot:

I do not hate the guy, it will be a waste of time.
But if we understand 1 or 2 things about the way things go in Nigeria, we wouldn't be quick to give so much credit to Ribadu for showing up again.

What is going on here is called political game, and Ribadu is part of the game. Even though, he was forced into taking part because at first he did not totally understand the game, but do not let us be fooled, he's now a major part of the Nigerian political game.

FYI: They knew he was coming (because he made the arrangement in advance).

Above is the evidence that you are one " A FOOL" because you reason like one.
Get some sleep DUDE.
Re: Ribadu Resurfaces In Nigeria! by Depilot(m): 2:07pm On Sep 11, 2009
Ribadu is an hero to foolish people who also have no respect for law.

SideNote: to be against Ribadu's action doesn't mean you hate the guy, it simply means you want more for your country. And what Ribadu has shown us is not what we need for this country. I have confidence that Nigeria has others who can simultaneously get the job done accurately and also acknowledge the law of the land.

Why should we settle?
Settling only gets less than half of the job done, which usually result into long lasting low standard in everything.
Instead of wasting time analysing all the things Ribadu did correctly or incorrectly, I think we should start using our energy and time on discovering others who can get the job done correctly. And these individuals may even be among us.

Time doesn't wait for anybody or any country, please let us move on.
Re: Ribadu Resurfaces In Nigeria! by saworoide: 2:08pm On Sep 11, 2009
back2back:

He should turn himself up like a LAW abiding citizen.!!!

Did they actually declare this this man wanted? I guess you know how many security checkpoint he must have passed through right from the Airport to Gani's house and back to the US. Mind you the report did not say he disguised like Alamieye, If they really have a case against him, they should have arrested him. It is not for him to do their job for them. I though they arrested Madam Ibru at the airport, that tells you more about the issue.

Ribadu is my man, he is not a saint, there are not many in Nigeria (or anywhere else). I respect him for the job he did and I think many others outside this country also respect him as he is now being invited to give speeches on anti corruption is some other countries.
Re: Ribadu Resurfaces In Nigeria! by Nobody: 2:10pm On Sep 11, 2009
I love Ribadau unapologeticaly. He is the only positive role model in my generation. Ribadau gave me hope in Nigeria.
Beaf:

By the Grace of God, one day a man with both honesty and the steely constitutuition needed to change the country will rule.

I will vote for Ribadu anyday. I strongly believe that a man of his calibre should seriously consider forming a political party. He doesn't even have to be on the ground to do that.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

The Real Owners Of Nigeria‏ / We Have To Completely Delegitimise Corruption, Vp Osinbajo Says / FG Begins Probe Of Mining Activities In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.