Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,903 members, 7,821,144 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 08:55 AM

Ribadu Resurfaces In Nigeria! - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ribadu Resurfaces In Nigeria! (6188 Views)

Revealed! Another Okija Shrine Resurfaces In Anambra State As APGA Forces Wi / Ribadu’s Appointment Is An Insult – Tinubu / Police Destroy Illegal Refineries In Abia As It Resurfaces In Rivers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ribadu Resurfaces In Nigeria! by mrperfect(m): 5:00pm On Sep 11, 2009
God knows who is who
Re: Ribadu Resurfaces In Nigeria! by cre8tivity(f): 5:00pm On Sep 11, 2009
i honestly do not want to bash this man, but it makes me laugh and very sad at the same time when his supporters come out fighting and saying all kind of things that they clearly don't know. it is very sad indeed when we think we know what we are fighting for, but we truly have no clue.
it reminds of an american citizen who only joined the us army to fight for his nation in iraq under the assumption that iraq has mass weapon up till today.
it is always better to know the real fact b4 we start swinging.
Re: Ribadu Resurfaces In Nigeria! by Nobody: 5:04pm On Sep 11, 2009
Your ignorance and foolishness makes me so sad
cre8tivity:

i honestly do not want to bash this man, but it makes me laugh and very sad at the same time when his supporters come out fighting and saying all kind of things that they clearly don't know. it is very sad indeed when we think we know what we are fighting for, but we truly have no clue.
it reminds of an american citizen who only joined the us army to fight for his nation in iraq under the assumption that iraq has mass weapon up till today.
Re: Ribadu Resurfaces In Nigeria! by OYBMEND: 5:05pm On Sep 11, 2009
cre8tivity:

this was the same person who confessed some time ago that Ribadu was a great man!!!

how many people remember that confession and change of heart which Nairalanders did not take seriously?

Indicate lets know how many people are happy to bear witness to cre8tivity speaking from both sides of his/her women are not this dishonest mouth.
Re: Ribadu Resurfaces In Nigeria! by Adaeze1(f): 5:06pm On Sep 11, 2009
2 viewpoints:

The personal side of Ribadu's 'resurfacing to Nigeria'. While he was fighting graft, GF was one of the very few who gave him any kind of support. Ribadu is probably not aware of the kind of support he enjoys on nairaland. My point is, the man suffered a personal loss - like that of a 'father'. His coming back might make a political statement but he is in mourning.

Secondly, Nigeria simply needs persons who can help itis people forge a collective identity and sense of solidarity to this 'group of many nations in one' called Nigeria. We can unite around the fight against corruption to do that. We can suceed at it if we can. Ribadu could be the one of these persons but definitely not the only one. Nairalanders like all Nigerians ought to eschew the habit of clinging to one personality. We are the new voice of Nigeria and should not follow the same paths as those who clung to individuals and their patronage systems. They put us in this mess.

They have used and are using ethnicity, regionality or religion as a weapon of mass distraction in Nigeria making us forget albeit momentarily of the identity of crime, graft and corruption which they have bequethed to us. The state apparatus may have failed but we live,

fight graft,

everyday for the Iboris one day for the 'ribadus'?

Nigeria rising,

PS: back2back - you need to have your posts edited from time to time. if you want to air an opinion, make it an informed one, good luck.
Re: Ribadu Resurfaces In Nigeria! by Nobody: 5:11pm On Sep 11, 2009
Now this is somenone who makes me proud to be a woman
Adaeze1:

2 viewpoints:

The personal side of Ribadu's 'resurfacing to Nigeria'. While he was fighting graft, GF was one of the very few who gave him any kind of support. Ribadu is probably not aware of the kind of support he enjoys on nairaland. My point is, the man suffered a personal loss - like that of a 'father'. His coming back might make a political statement but he is in mourning.

Secondly, Nigeria simply needs persons who can help itis people forge a collective identity and sense of solidarity to this 'group of many nations in one' called Nigeria. We can unite around the fight against corruption to do that. We can suceed at it if we can. Ribadu could be the one of these persons but definitely not the only one. Nairalanders like all Nigerians ought to eschew the habit of clinging to one personality. We are the new voice of Nigeria and should not follow the same paths as those who clung to individuals and their patronage systems. They put us in this mess.

They have used and are using ethnicity, regionality or religion as a weapon of mass distraction in Nigeria making us forget albeit momentarily of the identity of crime, graft and corruption which they have bequethed to us. The state apparatus may have failed but we live,

fight graft,

Nigeria rising,

PS: back2back - you need to have your posts edited from time to time. if you want to air an opinion, make it an informed one, good luck.
Re: Ribadu Resurfaces In Nigeria! by Tsiya(m): 5:12pm On Sep 11, 2009
cre8tivity:

Common Crea8tivity you are known Ribadu hater.

Let us face the fact, Nuhu Ribadu, like many other Nigerians, have a family that he must feed, educate and take care of their health, since the government cannot provide public health care. He left Nigeria, to educate himself, work and earn some money, to take care of his family.

The good thing about Nigeria is that there is no continuity.

It is a non fact that Yar'adua is a failure.  A total failure. His policies more than harm Nigeria.
Re: Ribadu Resurfaces In Nigeria! by McKren(m): 5:13pm On Sep 11, 2009
Adaeze1:

2 viewpoints:

fight graft,

Nigeria rising,

Wonderful post!!!!

I wish I could, I would have loved to buy you a drink

Bull ring or anywhere on Broad Street will be a good stop

grin grin grin
Re: Ribadu Resurfaces In Nigeria! by cre8tivity(f): 5:22pm On Sep 11, 2009
ribadu is the greatest thing that has ever come out of nigeria.
Re: Ribadu Resurfaces In Nigeria! by Nobody: 5:24pm On Sep 11, 2009
Dividends of Rule of Law in Nigeria by Aandooka:
1 Ibori Cleared
2. Igbenidion: Fined N3.5m
3. Halliburton: Nothing, Governrent Stalling
4. Odlli: Cannot be arrested protected by Court
5. Iboris Aide: Rewarded with an appointment of Special assitant to Mr. President
6: Attorney General becomes personal efender to Indicted curropt officials
7. EFCC becomes lame duck blame Ribadau for their woes
8. Nnamani: Senator
9. Turaki: Who is responsible for the death of over 120 thousand women and 90000 children during his eight year reign of non perforamnce and indicted by Ribadau of embezzling over 400 billion: (Senator, had an accident reciveing VIP treatment in Germany)
10. Dariye: Personal Friend of the president and leader of the faction of PDP in Plateau State
Need i mention more
Re: Ribadu Resurfaces In Nigeria! by cre8tivity(f): 5:27pm On Sep 11, 2009
this was the same person who confessed some time ago that Ribadu was a great man!!!

how many people remember that confession and change of heart which Nairalanders did not take seriously?

Indicate lets know how many people are happy to bear witness to cre8tivity speaking from both sides of his/her women are not this dishonest mouth.
yes, i confessed that ribadu was a great man few wks ago, in fact he's still a wonderful man.
but what i know about this ribadu's situation is driving me crazy; it is extremely difficult for me to sit and watch fools as they get played.
from now on, i promise to look somewhere else when it comes to ribadu.
i will even display my admiration by composing a song that praises mr. ribadu.
Re: Ribadu Resurfaces In Nigeria! by Tsiya(m): 5:34pm On Sep 11, 2009
cre8tivity:

ribadu is the greatest thing that has ever come out of nigeria.

Dont be cynical,

No one is saying Ribadu is the best thing of Nigeria.#

Ribadu represents our aspiration for justice and equality.

Ribadu represent victims of injustice in Nigeria

Ribadu represents the dream of many youth

He is not the only Nigeria and certainly not better, but when someone is single out by Providence, we acknowledge.

A society without a role model is a society without a guide
Re: Ribadu Resurfaces In Nigeria! by tatsumaru(m): 5:41pm On Sep 11, 2009
This is perfect timing. You know the northerners have started taking over, yaradua, sanusi, etc
Re: Ribadu Resurfaces In Nigeria! by cre8tivity(f): 6:07pm On Sep 11, 2009

lmao grin
Re: Ribadu Resurfaces In Nigeria! by iammodel(m): 6:22pm On Sep 11, 2009
SMART GUY! grin
HATERS THEY DON'T LIKE HIM,COS THEY AIN'T GOING TO BE LIKE HIM.
Re: Ribadu Resurfaces In Nigeria! by Fhemmmy: 6:25pm On Sep 11, 2009
Tsiya:

Dont be cynical,

No one is saying Ribadu is the best thing of Nigeria.#

He is not the only Nigeria and certainly not better, but when someone is single out by Providence, we acknowledge.

A society without a role model is a society without a guide

Nigerians seems to have lost their memory of the fact that this guy was a tool to the rogues and thieves in Nigeria.
Nigerians has forgotten that, This dude never really convict no one while in office, looting was still going on while he was there, but now all of a sudden, he is an hero?
Re: Ribadu Resurfaces In Nigeria! by lawrence83: 6:31pm On Sep 11, 2009
hav always suspected, every nigerian, even myself, so nuhu ribadu is not an exemption.

its nigeria baby, anything can happen.

nuhu ribadu? ur records will speak for you, good or bad.
Re: Ribadu Resurfaces In Nigeria! by lawrence83: 6:36pm On Sep 11, 2009
Fhemmmy:

in Nigeria.Nigerians seems to have lost their memory of the fact that this guy was a tool to the rogues and thieves
Nigerians has forgotten that, This dude never really convict no one while in office, looting was still going on while he was there, but now all of a sudden, he is an hero?
can you say that again?

thank you so much for the above. i love this

hero? villian i screamed
Re: Ribadu Resurfaces In Nigeria! by Fhemmmy: 6:51pm On Sep 11, 2009
i_am_model:

SMART GUY! grin
HATERS THEY DON'T LIKE HIM,COS THEY AIN'T GOING TO BE LIKE HIM.

Why would i wanna be like a man that has the opportunity to make a difference but refused to.
Why would i wanna be like a man that was used by people and now has been dumped like a bad habit?
Re: Ribadu Resurfaces In Nigeria! by esajay1: 6:53pm On Sep 11, 2009
back2back:

Indeed. What a logic.

Let him turn himself up to rule of LAW if he has nothing to hide.

It is that simple. We must learn to uphold LAW OF THE LAND.

Now am sure u didn't grow up in Nigeria with statements like this.

READ THIS:

1 A country with the RULE OF LAW doesn't have the enforcement agency beat up her cityzen in the street and strip her naked only to find out on CNN. By the way it happens everyday till date. (for those of us who didn't grow up in Nigeria take note)

2  A country with the RULE OF LAW doesn't remove CEOs of companies without the votes of the share holders.

3 A country with the RULE OF LAW doesn't see its law enforcement agency summarily execute a sect leader without any explanation(a regular decimal here).

4  A country with the RULE OF LAW doesn't see her cityzens die without any explanation and doesn't find out y? (Bola Ige)

it goes on and on,
Re: Ribadu Resurfaces In Nigeria! by LFJ: 6:57pm On Sep 11, 2009
@ cre8tivity, please if there is something about Ribadu that you know and other don't know tell us. The reason for this forum is for us to learn and make meaningful contribution. I know millions of Nigerians who are supporting Ribadu today base on the evidence on ground, if you can just give them one simple reason especially related to corruption they will be among the first set of people to tell the world that Ribadu is a thief, Gani happened to be one of them. Let do what is right for the sake of our future, let praise those who deserve to be praise. If you truly believe that Gani was one of the few Nigerians who had never associated with those criminals in power then let so appreciation to the little this young man has done.
Re: Ribadu Resurfaces In Nigeria! by Fhemmmy: 7:19pm On Sep 11, 2009
esajay1:

Now am sure u didn't grow up in Nigeria with statements like this.

READ THIS:

1 A country with the RULE OF LAW doesn't have the enforcement agency beat up her cityzen in the street and strip her naked only to find out on CNN. By the way it happens everyday till date. (for those of us who didn't grow up in Nigeria take note)

2  A country with the RULE OF LAW doesn't remove CEOs of companies without the votes of the share holders.

3 A country with the RULE OF LAW doesn't see its law enforcement agency summarily execute a sect leader without any explanation(a regular decimal here).

4  A country with the RULE OF LAW doesn't see her cityzens die without any explanation and doesn't find out y? (Bola Ige)

it goes on and on,

When the Money sector of that nation has to inject billions into those coys, they have the right to remove the CEOs.
Re: Ribadu Resurfaces In Nigeria! by semidaraeb(m): 7:34pm On Sep 11, 2009
Back2back or wat eva u call urself av u 4goten wat hapend 2 MKO when he turnd himself in? I blive d government knew he was in d country,dey just did not want 2 arrest him.
Re: Ribadu Resurfaces In Nigeria! by Fhemmmy: 7:57pm On Sep 11, 2009
semidaraeb:

Back2back or wat eva u call urself av u 4goten wat hapend 2 MKO when he turnd himself in? I blive d government knew he was in d country,dey just did not want 2 arrest him.

U are damn right, the govt knew he was in town and they turned deaf ears to it.
What happened to Abiola was difference, Abiola declared himself the president while we have a sitting leader.
Re: Ribadu Resurfaces In Nigeria! by oge4real(f): 7:59pm On Sep 11, 2009
Maybe they didnt recognise him undecided undecided
Re: Ribadu Resurfaces In Nigeria! by Fhemmmy: 8:00pm On Sep 11, 2009
oge4real:

Maybe they didnt recognise him undecided undecided

Then, that means the intelligence team in Nigeria shd all be fired.
Re: Ribadu Resurfaces In Nigeria! by Bialegend(m): 9:21pm On Sep 11, 2009
Until anyone show me who among all the corrupt nigerian politicians that Ribadu convicted and sent to jail during his term, all of you morons should shut up and stop defending a criminal that was employed and used by OBJ to hunt his political enemies. He came in and played out all the scripts that were layed down for him by OBJ and then ran away from the country. The reason why ha came back and no one arrested him is because his awusa brothers who are in charge of nigeria have already communicated with him and told him that he has been forgiven and should come back. Nothing else.
Re: Ribadu Resurfaces In Nigeria! by Bialegend(m): 9:23pm On Sep 11, 2009
By Beaf
By the Grace of God, one day a man with both honesty and the steely constitutuition needed to change the country will rule.
I will vote for Ribadu anyday. I strongly believe that a man of his calibre should seriously consider forming a political party. He doesn't even have to be on the ground to do that.
To rule who? Isn't yaradull going to finish his awusa/fulani brothers turn of ruling nigeria?
Re: Ribadu Resurfaces In Nigeria! by sley4life(m): 10:00pm On Sep 11, 2009
He should be arrested
Re: Ribadu Resurfaces In Nigeria! by lastpage: 10:14pm On Sep 11, 2009
A "recurring phrase" in most "anti-Ribadu" posters is that  he was "A TOOL" used by OBJ to fight his enemies.
Granted, this is true. He who pays the Piper dictates the tune, to a large extent! wink
Shouldn't be so but OBJ is actually the main culprit here (as President and Commander-in-Chief), Ribadu to a lesser extent.

Now, TWO questions naturally follow:

1.) IF the President has the power to "appoint and dis-appoint (remove)" the EFCC chair-person, (and remember that what Obj did is exactly what is being played out between UMYA, Andooaaakkkaaa and Farida), from whom then does the EFCC chief, take his or her brief?

IF you are appointed to "do XYZ", you can either refuse the appointment or "do XYZ".
Ribadu may not have arraigned all the "big thieves in Nigeria (if we consider Tafa Balogun, a whole I.G of corruption not big enough,)  but he definitely has reduced their number by a few percentage. (those few percentage might be chipped out of OBJ's enemies but they are still corrupt thieves!)

The question l will ask all his detractors is "what have "YOU" done to reduce the number or percentage of corruption" in this country?

2. Since no one has come up with evidence to show that Ribadu was corrupt (all we hear are innuendos and baseless, unproven insinuations), we MUST then agree that he is NOT CORRUPT, until proved otherwise.

Having said that, if the F.G. declares him wanted and he strolls into the country, spent a few hours or days traversing the nation's capital cities and he was still not arrested then we can conclude that the F.G is just blowing SMOKE!

Even Farida Waziri, the I.G, all the SSS operatives did not touch him?!
What other "clean-bill" does he need?

To those that keep saying he should surrender himself, or he is abusing the law of the land", l think it is you people that are misguided (back2back and co).
An innocent man does not go to "Evil doers out to kill him" and say "Here l am, do as you wish", that would be very foolish.
It is not the duty of "the accused" to surrender (guilty or not), he should be arrested and we have employed and are paying "officers" to enforce the law of the land.

If you doubt this, just look at the way "lethal force" was used on those "Boko Haram" people! Those who floored Odi and some parts of the N.D are still alive and in service, those who will "kill and go" are still in employment, right?
How come Ribadu was able to come and go, if he was really a wanted-criminal?

Like others have highlighted, that the "civilized world" did not consult UMYA (due nonsense), Mr. 'Ruse of lawlessness" (A.G), Madam Waziri, or the Nigerian govt but would rather "consult and appoint" a "WANTED CRIMINAL", to address and represent them in teaching other countries how to fight corruption, is in itself a testament to how silly all the arguments against Ribadu are!

Can the whole world be stupid while it is only the corrupt fools in the "Nigerian Mafia" and a few hirelings on N.L., be the only wise ones?

If you have facts about Ribadu, "state it" or "shut up", better still, as a lawful citizen, go to court to have him convicted.
Dont just smear a man's integrity, out of malice.
Dont just hide behind your computer and be "yawning" rubbish like you're retarded.

If Ribadu today, can address those even our President can not be invited to address,
meeen, those accusing him need to really engage their brain before putting their mouth into GEAR.

Nuff said.
Re: Ribadu Resurfaces In Nigeria! by rasputinn(m): 10:38pm On Sep 11, 2009
This has exposed the inefficiency of the country's security apparatus,to think that Ribadu was at Gani's house to commiserate with the family,went to the morgue to pay his last respects,flew down to Abuja from where he connected to the United states shocked shocked shocked,only for the security apparatus to learn of his presence in the country either from PM news or radio okapi, grin grin grin infact Ribadu you too much,even Maradona would be envious of your skills
Re: Ribadu Resurfaces In Nigeria! by larez(m): 1:55am On Sep 12, 2009
Everyone needs to take note. Look at the names of the Anti-Ribadu people, and jot it in your memory. I have noticed that these are the same exact despotic people who move in gangs viewing anti-Nigeria/pro despot opinions. These are the Children, Sisters and Brothers, Wives and Husbands and Girlfriends of the people ruining Nigeria. Once you have noted their names, just ignore the crooked thieves in the future. They only have pinions to keep their bellies fed.

Ribadu, my man, I said a prayer for you and your Family today. If anyone dares to lay a finger on one strand of hair on your body, we will mobilize in masses. I will personally invade all the homes of my neighbours to get them out on the streets to confront the authorities. I will be in front, and if bullets fly, I'll gladly take the first ones. Some of we Nigerians will rather die than continue to be stepping stones for criminals and despots holding us hostage.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Court Dismisses Suit Against Salami Reinstatement / Crashed Helicopter Well Maintained - Navy / There Are No Igbos In South South Only Migrants

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.