Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,989 members, 7,821,450 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 01:08 PM

Ribadu Resurfaces In Nigeria! - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ribadu Resurfaces In Nigeria! (6190 Views)

Revealed! Another Okija Shrine Resurfaces In Anambra State As APGA Forces Wi / Ribadu’s Appointment Is An Insult – Tinubu / Police Destroy Illegal Refineries In Abia As It Resurfaces In Rivers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ribadu Resurfaces In Nigeria! by Nobody: 2:13pm On Sep 11, 2009
I love Ribadau unapologeticaly. He is the only positive role model in my generation. Ribadau gave me hope in Nigeria.
Re: Ribadu Resurfaces In Nigeria! by kuramo: 2:16pm On Sep 11, 2009
It's only a matter of time, when sanity returns to Nigerian politics it will be Ribadu for President.
Re: Ribadu Resurfaces In Nigeria! by sherrylo: 2:19pm On Sep 11, 2009
shouldn't someone tell Farida about this? it seems she hasn't heard of it yet.
Re: Ribadu Resurfaces In Nigeria! by newjay(m): 2:25pm On Sep 11, 2009
catch him if you can
Re: Ribadu Resurfaces In Nigeria! by Nobody: 2:42pm On Sep 11, 2009
i love this guy.

at least,if nothing but the disappearing act he put up.

abracadabra.the more U look,the less U see
Re: Ribadu Resurfaces In Nigeria! by back2back(f): 2:53pm On Sep 11, 2009
Nothing but criminal runs from the LAW of the land.

He is actually degrading Nigeria and you people are rejoicing.

Atiku(note, i don't care about him) stood his ground and went from court cases to court cases, that's strengthen Nigeria.

Abiola stood his ground. He gave us what is JUNE 12 today even though his dead.

Gani stood his ground. He gave us hope which is almost lost now.

Ribadu can step into Gani's shoes the moment he respect the LAW and turn himself up.

If RIBADU is HONEST, let him turn himself up to LAW and face his detractors in LAW court instead of sneaking around like common criminal he was busy chasing in his days.

NIGERIA is above anyone of us!
Re: Ribadu Resurfaces In Nigeria! by Fhemmmy: 2:57pm On Sep 11, 2009
back2back:

Atiku(note, i don't care about him) stood his ground and went from court cases to court cases, that's strengthen Nigeria.

Ribadu can step into Gani's shoes the moment he respect the LAW and turn himself up.

If RIBADU is HONEST, let him turn himself up to LAW and face his detractors in LAW court instead of sneaking around like common criminal he was busy chasing in his days.

Very well said, however, if the Nation/government are sure that he has done something wrong, if he has been truly declared wanted, how come he wasnt arrested when he stepped into the country, or you mean, the govt wasnt aware that Ribadu was in town?
Re: Ribadu Resurfaces In Nigeria! by Mortiple(m): 3:06pm On Sep 11, 2009
This reminds of a saying in Yoruba: Ina njo, ogiri ko sa. (Fire is blazing, wall will never run away)  grin
Igbos call it: Ala-agba-oso (Earth never run away).

Able Comrade, I hail thee!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Ribadu Resurfaces In Nigeria! by joshO: 3:09pm On Sep 11, 2009
You guys don't get it. The cells @ efcc are all full. Even kirikiri has no more capacity.  That dumb ass Farida abi na farina is busy chasing both debtors and her shadows. She's overwhelmed by the sudden upsurge in activity. Besides, her mentor Aondakaa is pre-occupied with his defence of Ibori in the UK (as his defactor personal lawyer!)

Taking on Ribadu at a time like this will be too much for her to handle, particularly after Hilary Clinton's recent muted sympathy / support for him.

Ribudu is sincere, and my HERO anyday.

Anyone say what you like.
Re: Ribadu Resurfaces In Nigeria! by esajay1: 3:14pm On Sep 11, 2009
back2back:

HOW?

are u serious? i didnt know he died? when now? and what has that changed?

Gani stood his ground.He gave us hope which is almost lost now.

correct. I agree with you. Just that i feel you have plans to see Ribadu off same way hmm?

If RIBADU is HONEST,let him turn himself up to LAW and face his detractors in LAW court instead of sneaking around like common criminal he was busy chasing in his days.

Am sure your life has never been treathen-ed, that why you talk that way.

have an assignment for you: Go to your state Governor and tell him to his face he is corrupt let see what happens to you? RUBBISH!!!
Re: Ribadu Resurfaces In Nigeria! by Moves: 3:15pm On Sep 11, 2009
back2back:

You dont get it, He has not been declared wanted, wanted for what? The powers that be dont just want him staying in the country, thats all, If the government had anything on him they would have arrested his Ass,
For someone to have held such a position in a corrupt nation as nigeria & to be only accused of not declaring his asset after leaving office- even though he never actually left office, he was "sent on course" tells me they aint got shit on him
Re: Ribadu Resurfaces In Nigeria! by joshO: 3:18pm On Sep 11, 2009

Strange viewpoint. You must think you are in America or the UK where the rule of law is sacrosant,  You under-estimate the ill will against this man by the powers that be, from IBB to the current president.

Let him go and prepare himself for future leadership. We need him alive to fulfill the role he's destined to play in the Nigeria of tomorrow, which I can assure you is not far away.

Just watch what will happen in the next 3-4 years. Mark this page.
Re: Ribadu Resurfaces In Nigeria! by Basildon1(m): 3:31pm On Sep 11, 2009
I think it's a shame that Ribadu could be reduced to this level after what he accomplished, Yes,he was a zealot but he had a cause, Guess he is meant to be a scapegoat to deter similar people who in the future who do not care whose ox is gored as long the job gets done!
Re: Ribadu Resurfaces In Nigeria! by back2back(f): 3:40pm On Sep 11, 2009
Strange viewpoint. You must think you are in America or the UK where the rule of law is sacrosant, You under-estimate the ill will against this man by the powers that be, from IBB to the current president.

I guess you mean the likes of Gani are foolish people??

This is moment of TRUTH, if RIBADU has nothing to hide, let me face his detractors in LAW Court!

Gani did it many times and won. We know and we appreciate his contribution to our life.

have an assignment for you: Go to your state Governor and tell him to his face he is corrupt let see what happens to you? RUBBISH!!!

there you go. Why should I do that when I have no SOLID EVIDENCE!

if Ribadu has clean hands, let him go to court of law and clear himself.

Is it not same court that helped him prosecute the people he was chasing??
Re: Ribadu Resurfaces In Nigeria! by sharpman1(m): 3:42pm On Sep 11, 2009
back2back:

Another load of RUBBISH!!!

Ribadu is busy teaching other countries how to fight corruption and you want him to remain in a country where criminals like Ibori walk freely, a country where even the Attorney General  is a disgrace to the legal profession and where the head of the anti corruption agency is a complete joke.

NONSENSE!!!
Re: Ribadu Resurfaces In Nigeria! by back2back(f): 3:46pm On Sep 11, 2009
Ribadu is busy teaching other countries how to fight corruption and you want him to remain in a country where criminals like Ibori walk freely, a country where even the Attorney General is a disgrace to the legal profession and where the head of the anti corruption agency is a complete joke.

Let him turn himself up and face LAW of the Land if he has nothing to hide!

Gani he want to visit never runs away from LAW of the land.
Re: Ribadu Resurfaces In Nigeria! by saworoide: 3:50pm On Sep 11, 2009
back2back:

They say it is criminal to be law abiding in a state of anarchy. There is no rule of law in Nigeria and he will be foolish to subject himself to the misrule. I don’t think Abiola’s family is happy today their kin was murdered in exchange for this brand of democracy. When Dele Giwa was once asked whether Nigeria was worth dying for, he replied that Nigeria was worth living for. That does not make him a coward.

Leave Ribadu alone, as long as the likes of Ibori and Odili are walking the streets free and Aodoakaa is still our No.1 law officer, he will never get fair hearing. If I were in his shoes I will run away for the sake of my young children.
Re: Ribadu Resurfaces In Nigeria! by Beaf: 3:53pm On Sep 11, 2009
back2back:

I guess you mean the likes of Gani are foolish people??

This is moment of TRUTH, if RIBADU has nothing to hide, let me face his detractors in LAW Court!

Gani did it many times and won. We know and we appreciate his contribution to our life.

there you go. Why should I do that when I have no SOLID EVIDENCE!

if Ribadu has clean hands, let him go to court of law and clear himself.

Is it not same court that helped him prosecute the people he was chasing??

Stop talking bullshit. Every single person that has quoted you says its bullshit, so bullshit it is! It isn't even worth countering.

@topic
Ribadu is the exact sort of man we need in Nigeria, either as president or other powerful position. He has honesty, dedication and steel; the very qualities needed for the contruction of a new Nigeria.

Like I said earlier, I will vote for Ribadu anyday. I am sure 95% of the country will too; we are sick of being corrupt and backward.
Re: Ribadu Resurfaces In Nigeria! by bayo1(m): 3:55pm On Sep 11, 2009
Let him turn himself up and face LAW of the Land if he has nothing to hide!

Gani he want to visit never runs away from LAW of the land.

Nobody should even listen to your ranting. Were the security blind when he was passing the major entries to the nation?
I guess you are Farida's spoke-person or are u related to one of the thieves? Tell us.
Re: Ribadu Resurfaces In Nigeria! by otukpo(f): 4:15pm On Sep 11, 2009
:-x
Re: Ribadu Resurfaces In Nigeria! by cre8tivity(f): 4:16pm On Sep 11, 2009
i am not allowed to comment on any topic on ribadu anymore, but nigerians should pay more attention to these 2 comments.
it is plain and simple.

Ribadu is an hero to foolish people who also have no respect for law.

SideNote: to be against Ribadu's action doesn't mean you hate the guy, it simply means you want more for your country. And what Ribadu has shown us is not what we need for this country. I have confidence that Nigeria has others who can simultaneously get the job done accurately and also acknowledge the law of the land.

Why should we settle?
Settling only gets less than half of the job done, which usually result into long lasting low standard in everything.

Instead of wasting time analysing all the things Ribadu did correctly or incorrectly, I think we should start using our energy and time on discovering others who can get the job done correctly. And these individuals may even be among us.

Time doesn't wait for anybody or any country, please let us move on.
Re: Ribadu Resurfaces In Nigeria! by otukpo(f): 4:18pm On Sep 11, 2009
:-x
Re: Ribadu Resurfaces In Nigeria! by Nobody: 4:20pm On Sep 11, 2009
Back2back

Nigeria is a member of the United Nations and signatory to the treaty that set up INTERPOL.

If after Farida's request to INTERPOL and other requests to US/UK for extradition; Ribadu is still able to shuttle between 'US' and 'UK', adressing congressional committee in America, going on working visits to Liberia and liaising with the Liberian and other African Governments.

Then we need to take a look at ourselves and ask why the rest of the world does not consider Ribadu a criminal even though our Nation has labelled him thus.

When the US congress wants a testimony on corruption in Africa, instead of parlleying with our Government they parlleyed with Ribadu. So is Liberia sourcing for his Knowledge on fight against corruption instead of the Nigerian Government or Farida Waziri the current EFCC chairman.
That tells me the world considers Ribadu more honest and more competent than the Government of Yar'adua and its instutions.

The ignorance you are displaying here trying to quote the law upside down is very shameful.

The world knows better, you guys have tried all you can to catch him and could not. Now you want to lure him by asking him to proove that he is a hero or proove his innocence in a country where the justice minister has reduced himself to Attorney General of the Fraudulent.

It will not work, Ribadu will not hand himself to a corrupt Government to kill him
Re: Ribadu Resurfaces In Nigeria! by back2back(f): 4:24pm On Sep 11, 2009
Stop talking bullshit. Every single person that has quoted you says its bullshit, so bullshit it is! It isn't even worth countering.

Indeed. What a logic.

Let him turn himself up to rule of LAW if he has nothing to hide.

It is that simple. We must learn to uphold LAW OF THE LAND.

If after Farida's request to INTERPOL Ribadu is still able to shuttle between 'US' and 'UK', adressing congressional committee in America, going on working visits to Liberia and liaising with the Liberian and other African Governments.

Thank you. I am a Nigerian, I dont dabble into UK/US politics. Let him obey our LAW.

So why cant he stay with his US/UK, instead coming here to visit GANI who all his life always obeyed the LAW.
Re: Ribadu Resurfaces In Nigeria! by Nobody: 4:28pm On Sep 11, 2009
back2back:

Indeed. What a logic.

Thank you. I am a Nigerian, I dont dabble into UK/US politics. Let him obey our LAW.

So why cant he stay with his US/UK, instead coming here to visit GANI who all his life always obeyed the LAW.

If you have been paid to assasinate him you got to look for a better strategy. the cheap propaganda won't work.
Re: Ribadu Resurfaces In Nigeria! by joshO: 4:28pm On Sep 11, 2009
No point argueing with @back2back.

Imagine you were the former IG of police (Balogun), Ibori, IBB, Kalu, Tinubu, Yar'Adua, Odili or one of the many criminals walking the streets of Nigeria today. Or even imagine you were a family member or direct beneficiary of their criminal enterprise. What would you wish Ribadu right now?

This is a faceless forum. You can't tell how Ribadu's actions could have affected her. I don't expect many people to wish Ribadu well. Many will like to see him in Nigeria, "punished" and destroyed.

Even Generals retreat when faced with a superior firepower to re-strategise and fight another day. That's a sign of good leadership.

Ribadu's detractors won't be happy he's abroad, developing himself for a future role

I can't wait.
Re: Ribadu Resurfaces In Nigeria! by cre8tivity(f): 4:30pm On Sep 11, 2009
nigerians are suffering from low mentality. regardless of the matter, it never a good idea to encourage anyone to disregard the law.
i wish ribadu well in whatever he does, there is one thing that is certain, the man is finacially set; he knows it and many others in abuja also know it too.
it is now up to nigerians to move on and continue with the fight.
Re: Ribadu Resurfaces In Nigeria! by Moves: 4:32pm On Sep 11, 2009
back2back:

Indeed. What a logic.

I dont understand what exactly u r asking ribadu to do, He hasnt been declared wanted by the law, so why does he need to turn himself up, If he was a wanted man, and he came into nigeria, and the authorities did not arrest him, same as they couldn't arrest him all the while he was sent to Kuru, who is to be blamed, All I know is that Ribadu is in court with the govt and he has a competent lawyer fighting his case for him, while he is away rendering his services to other countries, Or are you basically asking him to stay in nigeria till his case is called up , and doin what exactly in nigeria without the security details he use to have, please be objective
Re: Ribadu Resurfaces In Nigeria! by Fhemmmy: 4:34pm On Sep 11, 2009
cre8tivity:

nigerians are suffering from low mentality. regardless of the matter, it never a good idea to encourage anyone to disregard the law.
i wish ribadu well in whatever he does, there is one thing that is certain, the man is finacially set; he knows it and many others in abuja also know it too.
it is now up to nigerians to move on and continue with the fight.

Continue with what fight?
The fight is even yet to start, so how can you continue something that is yet to be started.
You were right though, that Ribadu is set for life and the abuja idiots knew that, however, what can be done about it, i can bet you anything that Ribadu will come back one day to wanna rule Nigeria and now wanna talk to people about obeying the law that he has rendered useless.
Re: Ribadu Resurfaces In Nigeria! by Nobody: 4:34pm On Sep 11, 2009
joshO:

No point argueing with @back2back.

Imagine you were the former IG of police (Balogun), Ibori, IBB, Kalu, Tinubu, Yar'Adua, Odili or one of the many criminals walking the streets of Nigeria today. Or even imagine you were a family member or direct beneficiary of their criminal enterprise. What would you wish Ribadu right now?

This is a faceless forum. You can't tell how Ribadu's actions could have affected her. I don't expect many people to wish Ribadu well. Many will like to see him in Nigeria, "punished" and destroyed.

Even Generals retreat when faced with a superior firepower to re-strategise and fight another day. That's a sign of good leadership.

Ribadu's detractors won't be happy he's abroad, developing himself for a future role

I can't wait.

Developing himself my brother!!!!

Oxford fellowship na small thing?

International Consultant on Anti-Corruption

The criminals in Nigeria want to lock him up with trumped up charges.
Re: Ribadu Resurfaces In Nigeria! by Benjacky: 4:44pm On Sep 11, 2009
Back2back, you dont get it. Which rule of law. Aondokaaaaas or who? They will lock him up and kill him.
You did know he was almost assasinated before he left.
Re: Ribadu Resurfaces In Nigeria! by Nobody: 4:56pm On Sep 11, 2009
This girl does not seem to get it. Ribadau is not a criminal on the run, he left the country when his life was threatened and when he had no source of income to take up a job with an international NGO go back to school before he got the appointment as an International consultant t the US government. If he was wanted, he would have been arrested when he arrived at the airport or during the 25 mins he spent in Ganis house. He had to be cleared at the airport and wanted men are not cleared at the airport. You sound really foolish, sorry to say
back2back:

Indeed. What a logic.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Bola Tinubu's Heroin-tainted Assets Forfeiture Judgement - Saharareporters / George Akume Looses His Senate Seat To PDP!!!! / Eastern Security Network Dislodges Fulanis From Ozibo Community, Ebonyi State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.