Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,158 members, 7,821,937 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 10:11 PM

Ribadu Resurfaces In Nigeria! - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ribadu Resurfaces In Nigeria! (6191 Views)

Revealed! Another Okija Shrine Resurfaces In Anambra State As APGA Forces Wi / Ribadu’s Appointment Is An Insult – Tinubu / Police Destroy Illegal Refineries In Abia As It Resurfaces In Rivers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ribadu Resurfaces In Nigeria! by back2back(f): 4:39pm On Sep 12, 2009
Oxford University
United States Congress
Liberian Government
United Nations
London Metropolitan Police
INTERPOL.

Those who say Ribadu is worth nothing should tell us why we should take them more seriously than the following organisations. Until then the debate is over.

indeed. may be they should give him their citizenship.

I took back my words where I said he should turn himself up. He is not OFFICIALLY DECLARED WANTED!

That said, these are true words:

There a a few others like ken saro wiwa, but i gave these few examples to show Ribadu's fans what a Hero is and their hero who boasted than that he was ready to die fighting corruption is now running and hiding like s scared crow, and they are making excuses for him.
Re: Ribadu Resurfaces In Nigeria! by Solomon227(m): 9:12pm On Sep 12, 2009
@Hollandis and Coy
here is d full gist of Our Hero and your Nightmare

http://www.thisdayonline.com/nview.php?id=154232

We Nigerians dat go out 5AM and come back 8PM every day wont allow d few paid morons like crea8coruption, winikolo & Hollanmad to continue insulting our hard earned intelligence with your organized attacks on any forum dat exposes d gross inefficiency & corrupt tendencies of your "employers".For those of you comparing Ribadu wit Gani, MKO, & Sarowiwa,even Yaradua Snr,ave u 4gotten hw they all went down 6ft wit their blood blots stil visible on d bloodletting cabers' hands?U want him dead, we,UN,US,UK, kenya, Liberia, Morocco want him alive to help us bring all u thieves and yor cohorts to book.These days 4 u thieves and our days are fast coming when every single of you barau wil b uprooted and securely locked up in kirikiri where you all belong.
Re: Ribadu Resurfaces In Nigeria! by qblaze(m): 9:22pm On Sep 12, 2009
Ribadu is the man.
Re: Ribadu Resurfaces In Nigeria! by sley4life(m): 9:58pm On Sep 12, 2009
If ribadu came and flea means he has no case against him. But why is he running. Why not stay in 9ja for 1week let EFCC strategise how to trap and put u in their custody
Re: Ribadu Resurfaces In Nigeria! by mccloud224(m): 10:53pm On Sep 12, 2009
@Ribadu antagonists

Your ignorance is beyong imaginary.I agree that no one is perfect but every one knows this man did a good job while in office.All the so called charges brought up against this man are baseless.He got into the position of EFCC chairman through the powers that be but he did prove his mettle when he got there.For someone to take down the I.G of police is no easy task especially in 9ja.Even among yahoo yahoo guys, the four letter word (EFCC) spells doom and is the begining of "wisdom".Ribadu brought some level of sanity to this country and it is sad that all his good works seem to have been forgotten.As far as i'm concerned, this guy is blameless.If they had dirt on him, he would be in a prison cell by now.He probably had some backing from foriegn bodies when getting here coz THERE IS NO WAY HIS ENEMIES WOULDN'T HAVE KNOWN he was in the country.They have nothing on him.Their aim was to get rid of him and his leaving for overseas due to a failed assassination attempt gets him out of their way for now.

All these posters talking about him facing the law?Which law of the land are we talking about here?Go to kirikiri.Over 80% of the prisoners there don't deserve to be there.They are either there awaiting trial on "trumped up" charges or people that couldn't make bail for bailable offenses when they were arrested.What law are you talking about when the very LAWMAKERS in this country slap citizens at random.What law are you talking about when a police officer/soldier can gun you down in broad daylight and no justice will come out of it.What law are you talking about when an ordinary thief that steals yam in the market is executed while the real thieves in government loot billions and trillions everyday even as we speak.What law are you talking about when the people in power got in there through fraudulent means and the election was rated by the western world as being the most corrupt in world history?So what law are you people referring to?Please get of your high horse and smell the sh*t around you coz it stinks to high heavens.

Nuff said.
Re: Ribadu Resurfaces In Nigeria! by mccloud224(m): 10:59pm On Sep 12, 2009
One again @Ribadu haterz

I'm pretty sure you all would love to seem him dead and a great deal of you people probably have piles of skeletons in your cupboards so i can understand why you will be so antagonistic towards him even beyond the limits of common sense.The thing is, its you same people that would come on here on NL and give out condolences and have the guts to talk about his good works.

God save us from ignorant people.
Re: Ribadu Resurfaces In Nigeria! by lastpage: 1:12am On Sep 13, 2009
@wirrinnet
I think most Ribadu's fans do not know what a hero means, to them a Hero is somebody whose sole claim to Fame is media hype, like in the movies. They do not know that qualities of a hero must include courage, fairness, consistency and ability to fight for what is right no matter whose toes are stepped upon. Ribadu falls short of any of these qualities. Let me give a few examples of Past heros.

1 Chief Gani Fawehinmi, thought he has his own eccentricities (we all do), but no body can argue that he is a true Hero In all languages and definition. I cannot imagine a Gani being declared wanted and him running away, he would rather face his oppressors and die in the process. I cannot even remember Gani going on Exile under Abacha, please someone with better memory should remind me if Gani had run away from any body or government.

2. Chief M K O Abiola, I was never a fan of Abiola, because I believed he was entrenched in the corrupt Nigerian establishment. But after winning June 12, he shown the character of a real hero, He fought and died for what he truly believed in. If he had wanted to Run away as Ribadu's supporters suggest i am sure he would have lived and even be Richer today. IBB promised to Give him any amount he required to forget the mandate and he refused. He knew his life was threatened was still bold enough to declare himself president in the open even when most of his backers chickened out.

3. General Tunde Idiagbon, He is a typical hero reminiscent of any classical Greek hero, he was out of the country when he was toppled over in a coup. The saudi Government offered him asylum as no body knew what the new helmsman IBB would do to him, his boss Buhari was already in Jail. But in a show of courage he refused asylum and wrote to IBB he is on his way home, he came home and was subsequently arrested and detained. Now that is a man with a clear conscience, and was POISONED!(sic)

4. Fela, I aso doubt if Fela would be declared wanted and he would rum away. I am sure the minute Fela is delared wanted, he would report immediately to the IG's office.

There a a few others like ken saro wiwa, but i gave these few examples to show Ribadu's fans what a Hero is and their hero who boasted than that he was ready to die fighting corruption is now running and hiding like s scared crow, and they are making excuses for him.

I have always said ribadu does not deserve the persecutions from the federal Government, he is far from being a Hero figure.

You try o,my shista!

It bothers me a bit, that in your own "Dictionary of Heroes", (and that of people like Beerlegend, Hollandis, Cre8tivity, Fhemmy and worst among them, Back2back!) the only defining virtue is "DEATH"!
Could it be that you just love the taste of death or how come ALL your own Heroes are ALL DEAD?

Of what use is a dead hero?
Okay, l've heard it before "Heroes live in heaven" grin
In all your examples, their DEATH WAS HASTENED by the Nigerian government!

Let me analyse it:
1.) Gani died as a result of the ailments he developed while suffering various detnetions at the hands of the Federal government, even though he never took a single govt contract not stole anyone's penny.
2.) Abiola died in detention, again, under the Government detention of Abacha and then Abdusalami.
3.) Tunde Idiagbon was eventually poisoned when he refused to die in Government detention grin (hard man!)
4. Fela died of heajavascript:void(0);lth issues he "acquired" while serving numerous detention by various Nigerian government, most notable, Obasanjo's rabid hatred for a fellow Egba man whose intellect far oustrip his. It was the same Obasanjo's F.G that threw his 78 years old mother down from the top floor of Fela's house and killed the amazon of a woman (first Nigerian woman to drive a car!)
5.) Brave as he was, it was the same Nigerian Government that hange Ken Saro Wiwa, when all he was doing was asking that justice an fairplay be displayed in the sharing of the nations wealth. While he was rewarded with death for "not running away", those that ran to the bush and "bombed from afar" are not only alive today, they are been courted with all sorts of "reconciliation pecks" grin I hear a foreign training in Ghana is being arranged for them! I beg, include my name for that list O grin
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So you "morbid-minded people" prefer a Ribadu that is murdered by these same "rotten treasury looters" (and he will become your hero and you will even shed crocodile tears, like some are shedding for Gani now!) than one that is alive and probably still able to change the course of history?

WHY ARE WE NIGERIANS SO WICKED, WICKED BY NATURE?
Though some have said that Nairaland seems to becoming a play ground for immature minds, questionable characters, agents of treasury looters and l tend to disagree with such assertions but some contributions herein and the anonymity of the internet seems to re-enforce this opinion.

*We have mentioned Tafa Balogun, former Police I.G. (and we all know corruption is epitomized by the NPF), as a "high profile" that was nailed by Ribadu yet "Beerlegend keeps asking the same question over and over again! We need not mention how he stemmed the "Yahoozy business" that is making SONY Corporation have a jib at us today.
*We have mentioned (as you can read it up) that Nigeria was "de-listed" from the list of corruption-ridden nations under Ribadu, by the U.S and other Western nations (funnily, we are back on it now, under Warida Faziri grin)
*We have all seen what giant steps corruption has taken in the last 2years where people like Ibori, Andooaka, The Alams, e.t.c have returned to power, and to looting the nation dry!

*We have seen how "nations that work" have embraced Ribadu, while our own President "begs and lobbies for appearance" at international events!

All these would not satisfy the Ribadu-haters until they spill his blood.
They're goading him to "confront animals in government", the way they did to Abiola, Ken-Saro Wiwa, Dele Giwa, Riwane, Idiagbon, Bola Ige, e.t.c, so that when they have killed him, they can turn around to tell us about how he was "the best Corruption Czar that we never had" shocked

No one is claiming Ribadu is an "Angel" but again, like in the country of the blind, "show me just one person, among 150million Nigerians, who had took corruption head-on, like he did?
SHOW ME PLS ,,,,,and dont point to the "dead ones", if you dont mind!

As a parting shot, let me quote Winston Churchill: "'Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak; Courage is also what it takes to sit down and listen".

Finally, "Bravery is not encountered in the recklessness of utterance or of action, but in a methodical assessment of any situation where, even if the odds appear to be against one, and the risks seem overwhelming, a choice is still made that embraces the inherent dangers in the pursuit of that reasoned objective". Wole Soyinka, 2006

Gentlemen and Ladies, say a Prayer for Ribadu (even though you never might have met him) and others like him, there is power in the prayer of strangers!

Lastpage
Re: Ribadu Resurfaces In Nigeria! by BizBooks(m): 10:51am On Sep 13, 2009
How can we start a grassroots campaign to draft Ribadu as a candidate for the 2011 presidential election? Since most commenters on this thread supported what he did at EFCC, this will be a worthwhile venture. Though I'm from the East, if he decides to run for president, I will definitely support him.

Ribadu is not lazing around in the US. He is a fellow at the Center for Global Development and is quite active. He recently appeared as a guest on an American programme where corruption was discussed. The link is here: http://cgdev.org/content/article/detail/1422615/
Re: Ribadu Resurfaces In Nigeria! by mccloud224(m): 12:28pm On Sep 13, 2009
WHY ARE WE NIGERIANS SO WICKED, WICKED BY NATURE?

I ask myself that question over and over again and nothing seems to add up.It beats my imagination on how senselessly wicked and biased we Nigerians could be even in the face of proof and common sense.Nigeria is a place where you'd bring incriminating evidence against someone and so long as that person can bravely deny the charges, then the proof is null and void.This is Nigerians for you.

*We have mentioned Tafa Balogun, former Police I.G. (and we all know corruption is epitomized by the NPF), as a "high profile" that was nailed by Ribadu yet "Beerlegend keeps asking the same question over and over again! We need not mention how he stemmed the "Yahoozy business" that is making SONY Corporation have a jib at us today.
*We have mentioned (as you can read it up) that Nigeria was "de-listed" from the list of corruption-ridden nations under Ribadu, by the U.S and other Western nations (funnily, we are back on it now, under Warida Faziri )
*We have all seen what giant steps corruption has taken in the last 2years where people like Ibori, Andooaka, The Alams, e.t.c have returned to power, and to looting the nation dry!

*We have seen how "nations that work" have embraced Ribadu, while our own President "begs and lobbies for appearance" at international events!

All these would not satisfy the Ribadu-haters until they spill his blood.
They're goading him to "confront animals in government", the way they did to Abiola, Ken-Saro Wiwa, Dele Giwa, Riwane, Idiagbon, Bola Ige, e.t.c, so that when they have killed him, they can turn around to tell us about how he was "the best Corruption Czar that we never had"

I hinted on this in my last my post and i strongly believe that they would rather see him dead than alive.

No one is claiming Ribadu is an "Angel" but again, like in the country of the blind, "show me just one person, among 150million Nigerians, who had took corruption head-on, like he did?
SHOW ME PLS ,,,,,and dont point to the "dead ones", if you dont mind!

There are none unless they want to mention names we don't know about (imaginary characters)

God save us from IGNORANT NIGERIANS!
Re: Ribadu Resurfaces In Nigeria! by wirinet(m): 1:17pm On Sep 13, 2009
@ Lastpage

I still find it hard to see the so called extraordinary achievements of RIBADU. No Ribadu fan had been able to furnish us with statistics on how much Ribadu was able to reduce corruption in Nigeria. They should be able to furnish us with information on how much was being stolen from Nigeria before Ribadu, then compare it with the corruption during the time of Ribadu and then after he left. Even the so called Yahoo yahoo, was did Ribadu initiate any strategy to curb internet fraud from Nigeria. Was internet scam from Nigeria less during Ribadu's time. Imagine Ribadu fighting internet crime on the streets and in cybercafes instead of fighting them using the internet and other information technology devices. the EFCC website is crap and not functional

People make me laugh when people say Ribadu Nailed the police I.G. and some governors. Ribadu had no such power, EFCC act or no EFCC act, a police I.G. is only responsible to the President and as long as he remains Police I.G. no body can arrest him except with presidential orders. So it was OBJ that nailed Ribadu and not Ribadu, it was not even the the brilliant investigation of Ribadu that exposed Tafa Balogun, but an aggrieved accomplice, how come no other person was arrested and charged with Tafa.

Same with Governors, Tafa had no powers to Arrest and prosecute any serving governor, even the EFCC act does not empower him to initiate (by blackmailing house of assembly members) impeachment proceedings. All that was orchestrated by OBJ and prosecuted by Ribadu just to achieve the aim of removing the governor from power and installing OBJ's preferred option.

About your comment on dead heros, Any hero that is not ready to suffer any inconvenience and be ready to pay the ultimate sacrifice is not worthy to be called a hero. The common thread among all heros  is the readiness to pay the ultimate price for a cause.

I have not seen or even heard of any hero that runs at the first sight of inconvenience or danger, even in films and comics, what defines a hero is the readiness to face overwhelming odds. Most times a dead hero achieves much more in his death that he could ever have achieved had he been alive and succeeded. Most heros of classical Greek and Roman history achieved immortality for their heroic deeds in their death. Even the biblical heros were able to achieve their cause in their ability to die for what they believe. I under stand most African do do not believe there is any cause strong enough to pay the ultimate sacrifice and that is why we celebrate mediocres as Heros.
Most Nations of Europe and the US was build on the bloods of their heros, and we just love to take the short cut and enjoy the fruits of their forefathers.

All those people i mentioned in my earlier posts, fought corruption more vigorously and much more effectively than Ribadu without any external power or resources. In fact i think Ribadu underachieved given the enormous power and resources at his disposal.

Finally please what exactly are Ribadus philosophy, when Ribadu could not make any positive impact on the Nigerian Police ( which is still the most corrupt organization), how can he impact Nigeria as president. Was Ribadu the odd ball out of the Nigerian police? maybe we should look at all Ribadu's past  staffs and junior workers and see what impact Ribadus over 15 yrs in the Nigerian police had on them. At least we can see the impacts of all people that worked with Gani, Fela, and ken saro wiwa on their students and workers.  

Let me add that Idiagbon took on corruption headlong and was winning until his government was overthrown. It was only during Buhari/idiagbon era that corruption reduced in Nigeria and Nigeria was paying back her debt with oil money hovering around $10/barrel. Then drug traffickers and oil bunkering thieves were  executed. and Nigerians were learning to make money legitimately again instead of the present get rich quick decease afflicting the nation now.
Re: Ribadu Resurfaces In Nigeria! by mccloud224(m): 1:43pm On Sep 13, 2009
I still find it hard to see the so called extraordinary achievements of RIBADU. No Ribadu fan had been able to furnish us with statistics on how much Ribadu was able to reduce corruption in Nigeria. They should be able to furnish us with information on how much was being stolen from Nigeria before Ribadu, then compare it with the corruption during the time of Ribadu and then after he left. Even the so called Yahoo yahoo, was did Ribadu initiate any strategy to curb internet fraud from Nigeria. Was internet scam from Nigeria less during Ribadu's time. Imagine Ribadu fighting internet crime on the streets and in cybercafes instead of fighting them using the internet and other information technology devices. the EFCC website is crap and not functional

People make me laugh when people say Ribadu Nailed the police I.G. and some governors. Ribadu had no such power, EFCC act or no EFCC act, a police I.G. is only responsible to the President and as long as he remains Police I.G. no body can arrest him except with presidential orders. So it was OBJ that nailed Ribadu and not Ribadu, it was not even the the brilliant investigation of Ribadu that exposed Tafa Balogun, but an aggrieved accomplice, how come no other person was arrested and charged with Tafa.

Same with Governors, Tafa had no powers to Arrest and prosecute any serving governor, even the EFCC act does not empower him to initiate (by blackmailing house of assembly members) impeachment proceedings. All that was orchestrated by OBJ and prosecuted by Ribadu just to achieve the aim of removing the governor from power and installing OBJ's preferred option.

About your comment on dead heros, Any hero that is not ready to suffer any inconvenience and be ready to pay the ultimate sacrifice is not worthy to be called a hero. The common thread among all heros is the readiness to pay the ultimate price for a cause.

I have not seen or even heard of any hero that runs at the first sight of inconvenience or danger, even in films and comics, what defines a hero is the readiness to face overwhelming odds. Most times a dead hero achieves much more in his death that he could ever have achieved had he been alive and succeeded. Most heros of classical Greek and Roman history achieved immortality for their heroic deeds in their death. Even the biblical heros were able to achieve their cause in their ability to die for what they believe. I under stand most African do do not believe there is any cause strong enough to pay the ultimate sacrifice and that is why we celebrate mediocres as Heros.
Most Nations of Europe and the US was build on the bloods of their heros, and we just love to take the short cut and enjoy the fruits of their forefathers.

All those people i mentioned in my earlier posts, fought corruption more vigorously and much more effectively than Ribadu without any external power or resources. In fact i think Ribadu underachieved given the enormous power and resources at his disposal.

Finally please what exactly are Ribadus philosophy, when Ribadu could not make any positive impact on the Nigerian Police ( which is still the most corrupt organization), how can he impact Nigeria as president. Was Ribadu the odd ball out of the Nigerian police? maybe we should look at all Ribadu's past staffs and junior workers and see what impact Ribadus over 15 yrs in the Nigerian police had on them. At least we can see the impacts of all people that worked with Gani, Fela, and ken saro wiwa on their students and workers.

Let me add that Idiagbon took on corruption headlong and was winning until his government was overthrown. It was only during Buhari/idiagbon era that corruption reduced in Nigeria and Nigeria was paying back her debt with oil money hovering around $10/barrel. Then drug traffickers and oil bunkering thieves were executed. and Nigerians were learning to make money legitimately again instead of the present get rich quick decease afflicting the nation now.

@wirinet

This is the sort of blind ignorance i have been talking about.Blind ignorance even in the face of facts.It beats my imagination.You say you find it hard to find the extraordinary achievements of Ribadu.I'll list a few although i know that ignorant people find it hard to assimilate even when you repeat the same thing hundreds of times over :

(1)The arrest and trial of Tafa Balogun (Former I.G of Police).It was all over the TV and the media at the time and it was people like you that complained on how insensitive the EFCC was to a "big man" like Tafa.The trial was followed up and he got some jail time.Not as good as i expected but it was a stepping stone.Only someone that has nothing to hide can pull such a feat and still remain alive in a country like Nigeria.You need sources?Ask the late Dele Giwa what happened to him when he tried to expose the corrupt government.

(2)Diepreye Alams.This is the first governor to be indicted for corruption in Nigeria.This happened at a time when governors enjoyed complete immunity.Some people like you might claim that he was OBJ's enemy and all that.That doesn't concern me.The bottom line is, there was incriminatin evidence of corruption and mis-use of funds and he was put on trial and got jail time.Him being an enemy is an abstract issue from what got him in jail but people like you would rather latch on to that issue and put other facts behind even beyond limits of common sense.

(3)The Anajemba trial.Mr Anajemba and his wife virtually closed down the Bank of Brazil after fraudulently ripping them to the tune of $256 million dollars (or there about).The funds were recovered and the couple served jail time.I'm sure you didn't hear this one because you were either in diaspora or in jail at the time.

I will not stress myself pasting dozens of achievements of the EFCC coz people like you find it hard to assimilate anything even when the facts are there.You would rather keep repeating the same questions that have been answered and bringing in flimsy arguments such as the "EFCC website is crap and not functional".If that's the case, why don't you design and host a better one for them.I'm pretty sure the are open to kind gestures from patriotic Nigerians.

Nuff said.
Re: Ribadu Resurfaces In Nigeria! by mccloud224(m): 1:51pm On Sep 13, 2009
@wirinet

Before i go, let me remind you that Ribadu has discussions with email and IP providers (Microsoft was one of them) to address ways of curbing internet fraud and reduce spam emails.Well, i remember back in the day, if i wanted to send forwarded messages to friends and family on my list, i would use BCC.Today, it's pretty difficult to do that.They either ask you to enter some numbers into the CAPCHA section or sometimes, they suspend your email account indefinitely.This was done to reduce email spamming but i'm pretty sure you didn't hear of that one.Now did you?
Re: Ribadu Resurfaces In Nigeria! by Tornadoz(m): 2:01pm On Sep 13, 2009
@wirinet

I have not seen or even heard of any hero that runs at the first sight of inconvenience or danger, even in films and comics, what defines a hero is the readiness to face overwhelming odds.

Since you're an expert on heroism what stops you from choosing to be one? Anyway I would have taken you seriously if you didn't reference Idiagbon, referring to his dictatorial govt exposed the folly of your argument.
Re: Ribadu Resurfaces In Nigeria! by mccloud224(m): 2:09pm On Sep 13, 2009
Since you're an expert on heroism what stops you from choosing to be one? Anyway I would have taken you seriously if you didn't reference Idiagbon, referring to his dictatorial govt exposed the folly of your argument.

@Tornadoz

Abi ooo! The thing baffle me.People like him cannot even defend their rights when being harassed by Nigerian Police officers for fear of being shot to death through accidental "discharge" and he's here goading Ribadu to present himself as a sacrificial ram to defend his innoncence.All this guy wants is for Ribadu to be shot dead or left to languish the rest of his life for "cooked up charges" for the rest of his life.Anyone that has lived the last 10-30 years in Nigeria should know how "law abiding" our leaders are.
Re: Ribadu Resurfaces In Nigeria! by Tornadoz(m): 2:37pm On Sep 13, 2009
@mccloud224
mccloud224:

@Tornadoz
Abi ooo! The thing baffle me.People like him cannot even defend their rights when being harassed by Nigerian Police officers for fear of being shot to death through accidental "discharge" and he's here goading Ribadu to present himself as a sacrificial ram to defend his innoncence.All this guy wants is for Ribadu to be shot dead or left to languish the rest of his life for "cooked up charges" for the rest of his life.Anyone that has lived the last 10-30 years in Nigeria should know how "law abiding" our leaders are.

Am not surprised because , when it comes to Ribadu, moronic Nigerians who benefited from corruption  can't wait to post bullsh*t, voiced with  the ferocity of those who fear that their ill gotten wealth is under scrutiny. The idiocy in some of these posts lacks so much logic that it'll be futile to debate them.
Re: Ribadu Resurfaces In Nigeria! by mccloud224(m): 2:40pm On Sep 13, 2009
Am not surprised because , when it comes to Ribadu, moronic Nigerians who benefited from corruption can't wait to post bullsh*t, voiced with the ferocity of those who fear that their ill gotten wealth is under scrutiny. The idiocy in some of these posts lacks so much logic that it'll be futile to debate them.

@Tornadoz

I cosign on that.
Re: Ribadu Resurfaces In Nigeria! by mistakay: 3:13pm On Sep 13, 2009
wirinet:

So if no be ribadu na you nail am?OBJ na police?Comot here Mumu angry
Re: Ribadu Resurfaces In Nigeria! by mccloud224(m): 3:38pm On Sep 13, 2009
So if no be ribadu na you nail am?OBJ na police?Comot here Mumu

@mistakay

Abeg help me ask am.
Re: Ribadu Resurfaces In Nigeria! by larez(m): 6:08pm On Sep 13, 2009
When you fight crime, crime fights back viciously. No be Ribadu talk am? I shake my head for me people.
Re: Ribadu Resurfaces In Nigeria! by Nezan(m): 11:38am On Sep 14, 2009
9ja is a damn funny country.
Re: Ribadu Resurfaces In Nigeria! by snapshot: 11:52am On Sep 14, 2009
All hail the guts of RIBADU smiley smiley smiley smiley
Re: Ribadu Resurfaces In Nigeria! by youngies(m): 2:12pm On Sep 14, 2009
@wirinet
You cut out like an intelligent fellow, but your application of logic is twisted and shallow.
I wouldn't be surprised if some people will also consider you to be a HERO.
For you have the uncommon courage to see TRUTH staring at you in the face and call it a LIE

It is never too late to purge yourself of this BLIND HATE and get a life
Re: Ribadu Resurfaces In Nigeria! by Virgo83(m): 2:37pm On Sep 14, 2009
I am Happy to hear this. Ribadu you re a true son of your Father. Though you stepped on toes but it is in the Nigerian People Interest.

You re a Living Legend.

Waziri can not stand you, she's only a fluke. keran majele ni won fi Waziri se.
Re: Ribadu Resurfaces In Nigeria! by Nobody: 5:14pm On Sep 14, 2009
Ribadu is a strong man.
Re: Ribadu Resurfaces In Nigeria! by wirinet(m): 8:46pm On Sep 14, 2009
youngies:

@wirinet
You cut out like an intelligent fellow, but your application of logic is twisted and shallow.
I wouldn't be surprised if some people will also consider you to be a HERO.
For you have the uncommon courage to see TRUTH staring at you in the face and call it a LIE

It is never too late to purge yourself of this BLIND HATE and get a life

I decided to refrain from further comment on Ribadu because Ribadu's case has left the realm of facts and logic to the realm of Religion. You are asked to believe the miracles and exploits of Ribadu without asking questions. And his believers are really getting emotional that they term all unbelievers to be corrupt and evil.

Why are you shifting the goal post, the subject matter is Ribadu and not about wirinet, we can discuss whether i am a hero or not when i become a matter of discussion.

Please tell me what the truth is so that i can see it. Let me tell you the truth as i see it.

OBJ set up EFCC not to fight corruption but as an effective tool to fight his political battles. He needed to control those pesky Governor that betrayed him during his second term bid and those juvenile legislators that was always threatening him with impeachment during his first term.

Sorry have to go now as Nepa has struck and gen down. Will continue tomorrow
Re: Ribadu Resurfaces In Nigeria! by Depilot(m): 9:11pm On Sep 14, 2009
What's the difference btw Mustapha and Ribadu?
Re: Ribadu Resurfaces In Nigeria! by larez(m): 9:31pm On Sep 14, 2009
wirinet:

I decided to refrain from further comment on Ribadu because Ribadu's case has left the realm of facts and logic to the realm of Religion. You are asked to believe the miracles and exploits of Ribadu without asking questions. And his believers are really getting emotional that they term all unbelievers to be corrupt and evil.

Why are you shifting the goal post, the subject matter is Ribadu and not about wirinet, we can discuss whether i am a hero or not when i become a matter of discussion.

Please tell me what the truth is so that i can see it. Let me tell you the truth as i see it.

OBJ set up EFCC not to fight corruption but as an effective tool to fight his political battles. He needed to control those pesky Governor that betrayed him during his second term bid and those juvenile legislators that was always threatening him with impeachment during his first term.

Sorry have to go now as Nepa has struck and gen down. Will continue tomorrow

I am sorry brother, but your case clearly lacks any form of logic and all your statements allude to the fact that you have been personally affected by Ribadu's actions. The whole world cannot be blind about what Ribadu achieved. Our legislators began to talk seriously about due process and even went after BPE and privatization, accusing them of graft. Do you hear our legislators discussing anything about due process or other issues of fairness right now? Are contracts not simply shared in-house? has graft not increased? Is anything merit based now or only about how connected you are?

Please wake up from your slumber and do not think nairaland is a place where you can bamboozle the average uneducated Nigerian. There are far too many intellects here that will shut-down your baseless argument and call you out for where your state of mind is.
Re: Ribadu Resurfaces In Nigeria! by wirinet(m): 12:50pm On Sep 15, 2009
I am Back!

As I was saying OBJ had problems controlling his government, his party and the legislator in the first term because he was a neophyte at politics, but one thing you cannot take away from OBJ is his brilliance.  ICPC was  the first  Agency formed to fight corruption but it was not given enough powers and besides the chairmanship was restricted to retired judges who are very difficult to control. So OBJ decided to form another anti-corruption agency but this time with gestapo-like powers and enough funding, and he appointed a young, unknown, energetic and charismatic career police assistance commissioner of police as its chairman. Ribadu carried out his assignment with passion, his official portfolio was to tackle all sort of corruption. He started by going after some well know 419 kingpins, he befriended the media and civil society groups. He also went after some well known politicians. Even I, was very impressed and thought the system is about to change. But before long we started seeing the real intentions of EFCC.

OBJ had been in the system from the beginning and he knew that every public officer - both elected and appointed are enmeshed in corruption, in fact corruption is the live wire of ALL PUBLIC OFFICE HOLDERS. So an omnipotent agency like EFCC has millions of targets, So it was easy for OBJ to put anybody on EFCC telescopic view. The EFCC then was being used just to remove people from office. Once the person on target had been removed from office and all the noise and charade of the kangaroo court process dies down, the whole case disappears into oblivion. One case i still remember is the one of the senate president ( Wagbara i think) who was accused of receiving about 50 million bribes to get approval of the budget of one ministry ( which is the norm in the national assembly since 1999) but once the senate president had been changed, nothing had been heard of the case since then, and there are literally thousands of such cases that was handled during Ribadus time that had been forgotten. 

Ribadus next unofficial portfolio was to facilitate the third term project, he started instilling fear in all legislators and governors that anybody who is an antagonist of third term was harassed, intimidated and threatened with midnight impeachment. A lot of governors who were initially anti-third term immediately retracted and became a protagonist. A good example is Ibori, who went from an Atiku supporting third term antagonist to a fervent third term supporter. That metamorphosis ensured Ribadu was off his neck and he became a force to recon with in the OBJ's administration. The most vocal opposition to OBJ's third term project were all tagged corrupt (not that they are not) and hounded. To deal with Governors (who had immunity), Ribadu hounded, intimidated and harassed  the state house of Representatives to impeached their governors without passing due process.  Sometimes the said session to impeach the governor was held at mid night under heavy security by MOPOL. Plateau State was  grounded to a halt based on the inability of the house of assembly to sit.

Let me digress a bit, the Alams  case were nothing extra-ordinary, the money found on him on the plane at london was routine. Most Governors, Ministers and  Aids of the president ALWAYS carry hard currency on them when they travel.Because of strict banking regulations abroad (post September 11), Bank transfer of anything above 10,000 Dollars raises questions. My first cousin was a Senator and she told me that once she traveled with Mrs Alamiesegha to London sometimes in 2003 and she (mrs Alams)traveled with a suit case of physical hard currency to shop.  It must have been the Nigerian Government that prompted the British police to storm the plane and search for the money ( which is against British money laundering laws anyway).  Alams and Dariye were not the only government officials found with lots of herd currency on them, Anambra Governor in waiting (Dr?) Andy Uba  was also apprehended, tied and convicted (asked to pay a fine) for having lots of cash on him at a US airport. He said the money was to buy equipments for Obasanjo Farms. But Ribadu did not see it fit to pursue that case.

After dealing with recalcitrant Governors, his final assignment was to screen out candidates for elective offices. Anybody that Baba did not approve for political post and still insists on running for office is automatically branded corrupt. Chief among this was Marwa who was branded corrupt for doing something when he was a special attache to South Africa under Abacha's administration, and he was locked up for weeks.  Mike Adenuga and GlobaCom were branded corrupt (i cant remember the reasons Ribadu gave), which led him to flee Nigeria and went on Self Exile to Ghana.  Babangida (Mohammed) was branded corrupt not for stealing money but for having shares in GlabaCom. There were also many people branded corrupt by Ribadu who had never held any public office in their lives, and had never had a case reported against them, a good example is Tejuosho who was running against Iyabo Obasanjo.
Then Obedient OBJ's supporters were given a clean bill of health to Run for office, a god example is the Ebano Governor Chinmaroke who is alleged to have more structures to his name than the entire state.

As i have always said I have nothing personally against Ribadu, I believe he was ambitious, Young and Naive to have allowed himself to be used like that. I just want to point our that Ribadu at the end was not fighting corruption but playing politics.

mistakay:

So if no be ribadu na you nail am?OBJ na police?Comot here Mumu angry
mistakay,
Read my lips or is it my fingers - RIBADU DID NOT HAVE THE POWERS TO ARREST TAFA. Because since the Nigerian police was under Tafa's command, no police officer would effect the arrest of Tafa without the orders coming from a higher authority - The president.  And Yes OBJ was the commander-in-Chief of the Armed Forced, that made him the head of the police. Between you and I, who is the Mumu?
Re: Ribadu Resurfaces In Nigeria! by wirinet(m): 1:08pm On Sep 15, 2009
larez:

I am sorry brother, but your case clearly lacks any form of logic and all your statements allude to the fact that you have been personally affected by Ribadu's actions. The whole world cannot be blind about what Ribadu achieved. Our legislators began to[b] talk [/b]seriously about due process and even went after[b] BPE and privatization[/b], accusing them of graft. Do you hear our legislators discussing anything about due process or other issues of fairness right now? Are contracts not simply shared in-house? has graft not increased? Is anything merit based now or only about how connected you are?

Please wake up from your slumber and do not think nairaland is a place where you can bamboozle the average uneducated Nigerian. There are far too many intellects here that will shut-down your baseless argument and call you out for where your state of mind is.

Mr Larez,

As one of the few people i have a high regard for on Nairaland, i was highly disappointed by your last post. If my arguments lacked logic then point out the illogical points of my arguments point by point and proffer your own alternative logic for all to see. that is how issues are debated. I do not expect you to substitute vague, generalized and personalized statements for a valid argument.

You said Ribadu made our legislators to began to talk seriously about due process, well you have got your facts upside down, Due process was Oby Ezekwesili's idea, her nick name was in fact Madam Due Process. And besides where did all the [b]Talk [/b]of due process take us? was due process not in place during the Power contracts, Aviation equipments contracts and in fact all contracts during the last administration? Also was due process involved with INEC's contracts during the last elections?

I take strong reservations on that your last statement, What do you mean by "where your state of mind is?"
Re: Ribadu Resurfaces In Nigeria! by larez(m): 1:16pm On Sep 15, 2009
wirinet:

I am Back!

mistakay,
Read my lips or is it my fingers - RIBADU DID NOT HAVE THE POWERS TO ARREST TAFA. Because since the Nigerian police was under Tafa's command, no police officer would effect the arrest of Tafa without the orders coming from a higher authority - The president.  And Yes OBJ was the commander-in-Chief of the Armed Forced, that made him the head of the police. Between you and I, who is the Mumu?

Is this really the law in Nigeria? That's weird because in America, any officer can initiate investigation against his Boss if he had evidence, and can get an arrest warrant issued by the District Attorney for him. Also, any citizen of the United States can place anyone suspected of criminal activities under citizen's arrest pending the arrival of Police officers. Na wa for naija oh.

By the way, i have nothing against you personally, and we are indeed still cool. You have a right to your political perspective, just as I have a right to claim you are part of the chop-chop society, lol.
Re: Ribadu Resurfaces In Nigeria! by larez(m): 1:19pm On Sep 15, 2009
wirinet:

Mr Larez,

As one of the few people i have a high regard for on Nairaland, i was highly disappointed by your last post. If my arguments lacked logic then point out the illogical points of my arguments point by point and proffer your own alternative logic for all to see. that is how issues are debated. I do not expect you to substitute vague, generalized and personalized statements for a valid argument.

You said Ribadu made our legislators to  began to talk seriously about due process, well you have got your facts upside down, Due process was Oby Ezekwesili's idea, her nick name was in fact Madam Due Process. And besides where did all the Talk [/b]of due process take us? was due process not in place during the Power contracts, Aviation equipments contracts and in fact all contracts during the last administration?  Also was due process involved with INEC's contracts during the last elections?

[b]I take strong reservations on that your last statement, What do you mean by "where your state of mind is?"

Haba na fight? Me no dey follow do or die oh. Hey man, in civilized societies, we may disagree on singule particular issues, but we still get up after discussions and go out for beers. I am not your enemy, please ooohhh. In regards to "where your state of mind is; It was in reference to my suspicion of you also having "chopped" your share. Abi you no see chop for there?  grin grin

By the way, I have friends that are Senators and members of the house. I tackle them about chopping playfully, but they are still my friends oh.
Re: Ribadu Resurfaces In Nigeria! by wirinet(m): 1:31pm On Sep 15, 2009
Ok, I thought you were talking about my state of mind.

Me chop? I am a struggling Architect who survives by doing mainly renovations and remodeling of houses, I had never taken a Government contract and have very few friends in Government. Most of my friends are entrepreneurs.

That is how I view life, we agree on some points and disagree on some. Although Gani is one of my Heros, i disagree with him also regarding Ribadu and also on his support for the use of unconstitutional means to achieve a just aim. I believe the means of getting justice is as important as justice itself.

So peace brother

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Eastern Security Network Dislodges Fulanis From Ozibo Community, Ebonyi State / Festus Keyamo's Biography / Nigeria Intimidation Will Only Force Us To Pick Arms — IPOB Speaks

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 156
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.